The Economic and Politics Determinants of IMF and World Bank Lending in the Middle East and North Africa
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Harrigan, Jane & Wang, Chengang & El-Said, Hamed, 2006. "The economic and political determinants of IMF and world bank lending in the Middle East and North Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 247-270, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert K. Fleck & Christopher Kilby, 2006.
"World Bank Independence: A Model and Statistical Analysis of US Influence,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 224-240, May.
- Fleck, Robert K. & Kilby, Christopher & Fleck, Robert K., 2001. "World Bank Independence: A Model and Statistical Analysis of U.S. Influence," Vassar College Department of Economics Working Paper Series 53, Vassar College Department of Economics.
- Dollar, David & Svensson, Jakob, 2000.
"What Explains the Success or Failure of Structural Adjustment Programmes?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(466), pages 894-917, October.
- Dollar, David & Svensson, Jakob, 1998. "What explains the success or failure of structural adjustment programs?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1938, The World Bank.
- Graham Bird & Dane Rowlands, 1997. "The Catalytic Effect of Lending by the International Financial Institutions," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(7), pages 967-991, November.
- Conway, Patrick, 1994. "IMF lending programs: Participation and impact," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 365-391, December.
- Graham Bird & Dane Rowlands, 2001. "IMF lending: how is it affected by economic, political and institutional factors?," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 243-270.
- McGillivray, Mark & Oczkowski, Edward, 1991. "Modelling the Allocation of Australian Bilateral Aid: A Two-Part Sample Selection Approach," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 67(197), pages 147-152, June.
- Isenman, Paul, 1976. "Biases in aid allocations against poorer and larger countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 4(8), pages 631-641, August.
- David Dollar & Craig Burnside, 2000. "Aid, Policies, and Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 847-868, September.
- Maizels, Alfred & Nissanke, Machiko K., 1984. "Motivations for aid to developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 12(9), pages 879-900, September.
- Bird, Graham, 1996. "The International Monetary Fund and developing countries: a review of the evidence and policy options," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 50(03), pages 477-511, June.
- Knight, Malcolm & Santaella, Julio A., 1997. "Economic determinants of IMF financial arrangements," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 405-436, December.
- Michael Mussa & Miguel Savastano, 2000. "The IMF Approach to Economic Stabilization," NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1999, Volume 14, pages 79-128 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schoultz, Lars, 1982. "Politics, economics, and U.S. participation in multilateral development banks," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(03), pages 537-574, June.
- Joyce, Joseph P., 1992. "The economic characteristics of IMF program countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 237-242, February.
- McGillivray, M. & White, H., 1993. "Explanatory studies of aid allocation among developing countries : a critical survey," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18942, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Frey, Bruno S. & Schneider, Friedrich, 1986. "Competing models of international lending activity," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 225-245, March.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1995. "Why is there Multilateral Lending?," CEPR Discussion Papers 1207, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- McKibbin, Warwick J, 1988.
"The Economics of International Policy Coordination,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 64(187), pages 241-253, December.
- Warwick J. McKibbin, 1987. "The Economics of International Policy Coordination," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp8705, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Collier, Paul & Dollar, David, 2002. "Aid allocation and poverty reduction," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(8), pages 1475-1500, September.
- Leech, Dennis & Leech, Robert, 2004. "Voting Power in the Bretton Woods Institutions," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 718, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- J Harrigan & C Wang, 2004. "A New Approach to the Allocation of Aid Among Developing Countries: Is the USA more Selfish than the Rest?," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0412, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Trumbull, William N & Wall, Howard J, 1994. "Estimating Aid-Allocation Criteria with Panel Data," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(425), pages 876-882, July.
- Graham Bird & Dane Rowlands, 2002. "Do IMF Programmes Have a Catalytic Effect on Other International Capital Flows?," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(3), pages 229-249.
- Dane Rowlands, 1996. "New Lending to Less Developed Countries: The Effect of the IMF," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(s1), pages 443-447, April.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2004-09-30 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2004-09-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2004-09-30 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2004-09-30 (Development)
- NEP-POL-2004-09-30 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:man:sespap:0411. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marianne Sensier). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/semanuk.html .