The Economic and Politics Determinants of IMF and World Bank Lending in the Middle East and North Africa
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Manchester M13 9PL|
Phone: (0)161 275 4868
Fax: (0)161 275 4812
Web page: http://www.socialsciences.manchester.ac.uk/subjects/economics/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Knight, Malcolm & Santaella, Julio A., 1997. "Economic determinants of IMF financial arrangements," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 405-436, December.
- McKibbin, Warwick J, 1988.
"The Economics of International Policy Coordination,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 64(187), pages 241-53, December.
- Warwick J. McKibbin, 1987. "The Economics of International Policy Coordination," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp8705, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Graham Bird & Dane Rowlands, 2001. "IMF lending: how is it affected by economic, political and institutional factors?," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 243-270.
- Michael Mussa & Miguel Savastano, 2000.
"The IMF Approach to Economic Stabilization,"
in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1999, Volume 14, pages 79-128
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dane Rowlands, 1996. "New Lending to Less Developed Countries: The Effect of the IMF," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(s1), pages 443-47, April.
- McGillivray, M. & White, H., 1993. "Explanatory studies of aid allocation among developing countries : a critical survey," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18942, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Fleck, Robert K. & Kilby, Christopher & Fleck, Robert K., 2001.
"World Bank Independence: A Model and Statistical Analysis of U.S. Influence,"
Vassar College Department of Economics Working Paper Series
53, Vassar College Department of Economics.
- Robert K. Fleck & Christopher Kilby, 2006. "World Bank Independence: A Model and Statistical Analysis of US Influence," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 224-240, 05.
- Collier, Paul & Dollar, David, 1999.
"Aid allocation and poverty reduction,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2041, The World Bank.
- Schoultz, Lars, 1982. "Politics, economics, and U.S. participation in multilateral development banks," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(03), pages 537-574, June.
- Bird, Graham, 1996. "The International Monetary Fund and developing countries: a review of the evidence and policy options," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 50(03), pages 477-511, June.
- Maizels, Alfred & Nissanke, Machiko K., 1984. "Motivations for aid to developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 12(9), pages 879-900, September.
- J Harrigan & C Wang, 2004. "A New Approach to the Allocation of Aid Among Developing Countries: Is the USA more Selfish than the Rest?," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0412, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Leech, Dennis & Leech, Robert, 2004. "Voting Power in the Bretton Woods Institutions," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 718, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Dani Rodrik, 1995.
"Why is there Multilateral Lending?,"
NBER Working Papers
5160, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Graham Bird & Dane Rowlands, 2002. "Do IMF Programmes Have a Catalytic Effect on Other International Capital Flows?," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(3), pages 229-249.
- David Dollar & Craig Burnside, 2000.
"Aid, Policies, and Growth,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 847-868, September.
- Graham Bird & Dane Rowlands, 1997. "The Catalytic Effect of Lending by the International Financial Institutions," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(7), pages 967-991, November.
- Dollar, David & Svensson, Jakob, 1998.
"What explains the success or failure of structural adjustment programs?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1938, The World Bank.
- Dollar, David & Svensson, Jakob, 2000. "What Explains the Success or Failure of Structural Adjustment Programmes?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(466), pages 894-917, October.
- Isenman, Paul, 1976. "Biases in aid allocations against poorer and larger countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 4(8), pages 631-641, August.
- Joyce, Joseph P., 1992. "The economic characteristics of IMF program countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 237-242, February.
- McGillivray, Mark & Oczkowski, Edward, 1991. "Modelling the Allocation of Australian Bilateral Aid: A Two-Part Sample Selection Approach," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 67(197), pages 147-52, June.
- Trumbull, William N & Wall, Howard J, 1994. "Estimating Aid-Allocation Criteria with Panel Data," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(425), pages 876-82, July.
- Frey, Bruno S. & Schneider, Friedrich, 1986. "Competing models of international lending activity," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 225-245, March.
- Conway, Patrick, 1994. "IMF lending programs: Participation and impact," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 365-391, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:man:sespap:0411. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marianne Sensier)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.