Cambridge University Press
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review
April 2017, Volume 46, Issue 01
- 1-20 The Behavioral Welfare Paradox: Practical, Ethical and Welfare Implications of Nudging
by Just, David R.
- 21-43 Producers' Well-Being and Natural Resource Extraction: The Eaglewood Trade in Papua New Guinea
by Gerber, Nicolas & Bhaduri, Anik
- 44-72 The Effect of Public Policies on Inducing Technological Change in Solar Energy
by Vincenzi, Marco & Ozabaci, Deniz
- 73-86 Product Line Extension among New England Craft Breweries
by Berning, Joshua & McCullough, Michael
- 87-102 Effects of New Grocery Store Development on Inner-City Neighborhood Residential Prices
by Cerrato Caceres, Belkis & Geoghegan, Jacqueline
- 103-122 U.S. Growers’ Willingness to Pay for Improvement in Rosaceous Fruit Traits
by Yue, Chengyan & Zhao, Shuoli & Gallardo, Karina & McCracken, Vicki & Luby, James & McFerson, Jim
- 123-145 Nature of the Farm: Revisited
by Elliott, Matthew & James, Harvey S.
- 146-173 The Value of Switching Production Options in a Flexible Biorefinery
by Hossiso, Kassu Wamisho & Ripplinger, David
December 2016, Volume 45, Issue 03
- 419-435 The Roles of Agricultural Economists in Food System Research
by Goetz, Stephan J.
- 436-458 Fair Trade Certification and Livelihoods: A Panel Data Analysis of Coffee-growing Households in India
by Karki, Sabina Khatri & Jena, Pradyot Ranjan & Grote, Ulrike
- 459-484 Dynamic Effects of Drought on the U.S. Beef Supply Chain
by Countryman, Amanda M. & Paarlberg, Philip L. & Lee, John G.
- 485-521 Hot Spots and Spatial Autocorrelation in Certified Organic Operations in the United States
by Marasteanu, I. Julia & Jaenicke, Edward C.
- 522-538 Consumers' Motivations Driving Organic Demand: Between Self-interest and Sustainability
by Monier-Dilhan, Sylvette & Bergès, Fabian
- 539-562 The Influence of Metropolitan Statistical Areas on Direct-to-consumer Agricultural Sales of Local Food in the Northeast
by O'Hara, Jeffrey K. & Low, Sarah A.
- 563-580 Super-premium Fruit and Vegetable Beverages: A Retail Sales Analysis and Demand Estimation
by Bardzik, Alec & Ishdorj, Ariun & Jang, Ju Won
- 581-607 Fertility, Agricultural Labor Supply, and Production: Instrumental Variable Evidence from Uganda
by Van Campenhout, Bjorn
August 2016, Volume 45, Issue 02
- 209-216 Special Issue on Economics of Water Quality: Challenges, Policies, and Behavioral Mechanisms
by Guilfoos, Todd & Uchida, Emi
- 217-245 The Optimality of Using Marginal Land for Bioenergy Crops: Tradeoffs between Food, Fuel, and Environmental Services
by Valcu-Lisman, Adriana M. & Kling, Catherine L. & Gassman, Philip W.
- 246-269 Behavioral Anomalies in Contingent Values and Actual Choices
by Poe, Gregory L.
- 270-292 Valuing Lake Erie Beaches Using Value and Function Transfers
by Palm-Forster, Leah H. & Lupi, Frank & Chen, Min
- 293-318 Impacts of Ground Water Contamination on Property Values: Agricultural Run-off and Private Wells
by Guignet, Dennis & Walsh, Patrick J. & Northcutt, Rachel
- 319-337 The Effects of Climate Change Information on Charitable Giving for Water Quality Protection: A Field Experiment
by Ellis, Sean F. & Fooks, Jacob R. & Messer, Kent D. & Miller, Matthew J.
- 338-366 Endowment Effects and Drinking Water Quality
by Booth, Pamela L. & Guilfoos, Todd & Uchida, Emi
- 367-393 Simple vs. Complex: Implications of Lags in Pollution Delivery for Efficient Load Allocation and Design of Water-quality Trading Programs
by Shortle, James & Abler, David & Kaufman, Zach & Zipp, Katherine Y.
- 394-417 The Effect of Cost-share Programs on Ground Water Exploitation and Nonpoint-source Pollution under Endogenous Technical Change
by Kim, C. S. & Guilfoos, Todd
April 2016, Volume 45, Issue 01
- 1-21 Food Safety Information, Changes in Risk Perceptions, and Offsetting Behavior
by Nganje, William & Miljkovic, Dragan & Voica, Daniel
- 22-43 The Good and the Bad: Environmental Efficiency in Northeastern U.S. Dairy Farming
by Njuki, Eric & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Mukherjee, Deep
- 44-67 Valuing Historical and Open Space Amenities with Hedonic Property Valuation Models
by Hicks, Robert L. & Queen, Bonnie M.
- 68-97 The Ramifications of Nearly Going Dark: A Natural Experiment in the Case of U.S. Generic Orange Juice Advertising
by Capps, Oral & Bessler, David A. & Williams, Gary W.
- 98-123 Economic and Greenhouse Gas Emission Response to Pasture Species Composition, Stocking Rate, and Weaning Age by Calving Season, Farm Size, and Pasture Fertility
by Smith, S. Aaron & Popp, Michael P. & Keeton, Daniel R. & West, Charles P. & Coffey, Kenneth P. & Nalley, L. Lanier & Brye, Kristofor R.
- 124-142 What Attributes Are Consumers Looking for in Sweet Cherries? Evidence from Choice Experiments
by Zheng, Xibei & Yue, Chengyan & Gallardo, Karina & McCracken, Vicki & Luby, James & McFerson, Jim
- 143-172 Assessing the Economic Impacts of Food Hubs on Regional Economies: A Framework that Includes Opportunity Cost
by Jablonski, B. B. R. & Schmit, T. M. & Kay, D.
- 173-207 Profitability of Virginia's Agritourism Industry: A Regression Analysis
by Lucha, Christopher & Ferreira, Gustavo & Walker, Martha & Groover, Gordon
December 2015, Volume 44, Issue 03
- 195-213 Reducing Rice Imports in Côte d'Ivoire: Is a Rise in Import Tariff the Solution?
by Coulibaly, Jeanne Y. & Tebila, Nakelse & Diagne, Aliou
- 214-232 Potential Farmer Adoption of High Available Phosphorus Corn over a Three-year Period
by Bernard, John C. & Pesek, John D. & Parish, Amy
- 233-252 How Does the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Affect the U.S. Economy?
by Reimer, Jeffrey J. & Weerasooriya, Senal & West, Tyler T.
- 253-274 An Examination of Consumer Willingness to Pay for Local Products
by Adalja, Aaron & Hanson, James & Towe, Charles & Tselepidakis, Elina
- 275-290 Managing the Invasive Small Indian Mongoose in Fiji
by Brown, Philip & Daigneault, Adam
- 291-314 Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Participation and Local Program Outreach and Eligibility Services
by Mabli, James
- 315-339 Breeding Technologies in U.S. Meat Goat Production: Who are the Adopters and How Does Adoption Impact Productivity?
by Gillespie, Jeffrey & Qushim, Berdikul & Nyaupane, Narayan & McMillin, Kenneth
- 340-345 A Note on First-Price Sealed-Bid Cattle Auctions in the Presence of Captive Supplies
by Crespi, John M. & Xia, Tian
August 2015, Volume 44, Issue 02
- 1-1 Unconventional Gas and Oil Development: Economic, Environmental, and Policy Analysis
by Burnett, J. Wesley
- 1-19 Resident vs. Nonresident Employment Associated with Marcellus Shale Development
by Wrenn, Douglas H. & Kelsey, Timothy W. & Jaenicke, Edward C.
- 20-39 The Economic Impact of Shale Gas Development: A Natural Experiment along the New York / Pennsylvania Border
by Cosgrove, Brendan M. & LaFave, Daniel R. & Dissanayake, Sahan T. M. & Donihue, Michael R.
- 40-58 What Can We Learn about Shale Gas Development from Land Values? Opportunities, Challenges, and Evidence from Texas and Pennsylvania
by Weber, Jeremy G. & Hitaj, Claudia
- 59-82 Quantifying the Effects of Underground Natural Gas Storage on Nearby Residents
by Jellicoe, Michaela & Delgado, Michael S.
- 83-105 Experiential Gains with a New Technology: An Empirical Investigation of Hydraulic Fracturing
by Fitzgerald, Timothy
- 106-119 What Experts Say About the Environmental Risks of Shale Gas Development
by Krupnick, Alan J. & Gordon, Hal G.
- 120-137 Private Contracts as Regulation: A Study of Private Lease Negotiations Using the Texas Natural Gas Industry
by Vissing, Ashley
- 138-163 Understanding Local Regulation of Fracking: A Spatial Econometric Approach
by Walsh, Patrick J. & Bird, Stephen & Heintzelman, Martin D.
- 164-194 I Want In On That: Community-level Policies for Unconventional Gas Development in New York
by Zirogiannis, Nikolaos & Alcorn, Jessica & Piepenburg, Jayne & Rupp, John
April 2015, Volume 44, Issue 01
- 1-20 Voluntary Pollution Abatement and Regulation
by Delgado, Michael S. & Khanna, Neha
- 21-34 Consumer Perceptions of Eco-friendly and Sustainable Terms
by Campbell, Benjamin & Khachatryan, Hayk & Behe, Bridget & Dennis, Jennifer & Hall, Charles
- 35-64 Assessing the Impact of Health Insurance and Other Socioeconomic Factors on Inequality in Health Care Expenditures among Farm Households
by El-Osta, Hisham S.
- 65-77 The Impact of Parcel Structure on the Efficiency of Finnish Dairy Farms
by Niskanen, Olli & Heikkilä, Anna-Maija
- 78-93 Reports of Water Quality Violations Induce Consumers to Buy Bottled Water
by Pape, Andreas Duus & Seo, Misuk
- 94-109 Determinants of Purchase Likelihoods and Amounts Spent on Meat in Malaysia: A Sample Selection System Approach
by Tan, Andrew K. G. & Yen, Steven T. & Hasan, Abdul Rahman & Muhamed, Kamarudin
- 110-123 Is There a Price Premium for Local Food? The Case of the Fresh Lettuce Market in Hawaii
by Xu, Xun & Loke, Matthew K. & Leung, PingSun
- 124-148 Total Factor Productivity Decomposition and Unobserved Heterogeneity in Stochastic Frontier Models
by Kellermann, Magnus A.
December 2014, Volume 43, Issue 03
- 335-356 Producer Expectations and the Extensive Margin in Grain Supply Response
by Boussios, David & Barkley, Andrew
- 357-372 Regional Competitiveness in Fresh Produce Markets: Exploring Seasonal Dynamics and the Role of Energy Costs in Apple Markets
by Hu, Wenjing & McFadden, Dawn Thilmany & Pendell, Dustin L.
- 373-389 Assessing Performance Impacts in Food Retail Distribution Systems: A Stochastic Frontier Model Correcting for Sample Selection
by Park, Timothy A.
- 390-405 The Impact of Pasture Insurance on Farmland Values
by Ifft, Jennifer & Wu, Shang & Kuethe, Todd
- 406-418 Cost Efficiency of Dairy Farming in New Zealand: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis
by Jiang, Nan & Sharp, Basil
- 419-437 Using Former Farmland for Biomass Crops: Massachusetts Landowner Motivations and Willingness to Plant
by Timmons, David
- 438-450 Weather Index Insurance and Common Property Resources
by Bhattacharya, Haimanti & Osgood, Daniel E.
- 451-470 Direct Payments, Cash Rents, Land Values, and the Effects of Imputation in U.S. Farm-level Data
by Robbins, Michael W. & White, T. Kirk
- 471-488 Consequentiality and Opt-out Responses in Stated Preference Surveys
by Hwang, Joonghyun & Petrolia, Daniel R. & Interis, Matthew G.
August 2014, Volume 43, Issue 02
- 193-208 The Role of Confidence in Truthful Revelation of Private Values
by Parkhurst, Gregory M. & Nowell, Clifford
- 209-226 What Interests Environmental and Resource Economists? A Comparison of Research Output in Agricultural Economics versus Environmental Economics
by Grijalva, Therese C. & Nowell, Clifford
- 227-248 Can Local Farms Survive Globalization?
by Arita, Shawn & Hemanchandra, Dilini & Leung, PingSun
- 249-265 Factors Affecting Producer Participation in State-sponsored Marketing Programs: The Case of Fruit and Vegetable Growers in Tennessee
by Velandia, Margarita & Clark, Christopher D. & Lambert, Dayton M. & Davis, James A. & Jensen, Kimberly & Wszelaki, Annette & Wilcox, Michael D.
- 266-278 Overheating Willingness to Pay: Who Gets Warm Glow and What It Means for Valuation
by Interis, Matthew G. & Haab, Timothy C.
- 279-299 Family-forest Owners' Willingness to Harvest Sawlogs and Woody Biomass: The Effect of Price on Social Availability
by Aguilar, Francisco X. & Daniel, Marissa “Jo” & Cai, Zhen
- 300-318 Consumer Valuation of Food Safety: The Case of Postharvest Processed Oysters
by Bruner, David M. & Huth, William L. & McEvoy, David M. & Morgan, O. Ashton
- 319-333 Ethanol, the Agricultural Economy, and Rural Incomes in the United States: A Bivariate Econometric Approach
by Akinfenwa, Samson O. & Qasmi, Bashir A.
April 2014, Volume 43, Issue 01
- 1-1 Beverage Markets and Policy
by Kaiser, Harry M. & McCluskey, Jill J. & Rickard, Bradley J.
- 1-16 Linking Consumer Health Perceptions to Consumption of Nonalcoholic Beverages
by Kim, Hyeyoung & House, Lisa A.
- 17-30 Consumer Response to Perceived Value and Generic Advertising
by Salois, Matthew J. & Reilly, Amber
- 31-52 The Effects of Prices, Advertising, Expenditures, and Demographics on Demand for Nonalcoholic Beverages
by Okrent, Abigail M. & MacEwan, Joanna P.
- 53-68 The Impact of Four Alternative Policies to Decrease Soda Consumption
by Liu, Yizao & Lopez, Rigoberto A. & Zhu, Chen
- 69-86 Looking for Locapours: Using Zagat Survey Data to Examine Restaurant Demand for Local Wine
by Perla, Joseph M. & Rickard, Bradley J. & Schmit, Todd M.
- 87-103 Distribution Channel Choices of Wineries in Emerging Cool Climate Regions
by Sun, Lin & Gómez, Miguel I. & Chaddad, Fabio R. & Ross, R. Brent
- 104-124 Organizational Structure and Operation of the Illinois Wine Industry
by Franken, Jason R. V. & Bacon, Kevin J.
- 125-139 Willingness to Pay for Sensory Attributes in Beer
by Gabrielyan, Gnel & McCluskey, Jill J. & Marsh, Thomas L. & Ross, Carolyn F.
- 140-157 Unraveling Demand for Dairy-Alternative Beverages in the United States: The Case of Soymilk
by Dharmasena, Senarath & Capps, Oral
- 158-177 Do Consumers Pay More for What They Value More? The Case of Local Milk-based Dairy Products in Senegal
by Lefèvre, Mélanie
- 178-192 The Impact of Regulatory Change on Retail Pricing: The New York State Milk Price Gouging Law
by Rabinowitz, Adam. N. & Liu, Yizao
December 2013, Volume 42, Issue 03
- 419-435 Lunch with Pigou: Externalities and the “Hidden” Cost of Food
by Lusk, Jayson L.
- 436-452 Thirty Years of Economics at the Environmental Protection Agency
by McGartland, Al
- 453-470 Testing Structural Changes in the U.S. Whitefish Import Market: An Inverse Demand System Approach
by Asche, Frank & Zhang, Dengjun
- 471-490 Farmers’ Participation in Agritourism: Does It Affect the Bottom Line?
by Joo, Hyunjeong & Khanal, Aditya R. & Mishra, Ashok K.
- 491-507 Perverse Incentives with Pay for Performance: Cover Crops in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed
by Bosch, Darrell J. & Pease, James W. & Wieland, Robert & Parker, Doug
- 508-517 Identifying Factors Influencing a Hospital's Decision to Adopt a Farm-to-Hospital Program
by Smith, Bobby J. & Kaiser, Harry M. & Gómez, Miguel I.
- 518-541 Consumer Preferences for Peach Attributes: Market Segmentation Analysis and Implications for New Marketing Strategies
by Campbell, Benjamin L. & Mhlanga, Saneliso & Lesschaeve, Isabelle
- 542-560 GM vs. Non-GM: A Survival Analysis of U.S. Hybrid Seed Corn
by Ma, Xingliang & Shi, Guanming
- 561-570 Twelve-month and Nine-month Agricultural Economics Faculty Salaries
by Robbins, Lynn W. & Reed, Michael R.
August 2013, Volume 42, Issue 02
- 275-290 Consumer Perceptions of Sustainable Farming Practices: A Best-Worst Scenario
by Sackett, Hillary M. & Shupp, Robert & Tonsor, Glynn
- 291-309 Impact of Ethanol Plants on Local Land Use Change
by Miao, Ruiqing
- 310-324 Factors Influencing Adoption of Integrated Pest Management in Northeast Greenhouse and Nursery Production
by Li, Jie & Gómez, Miguel I. & Rickard, Bradley J. & Skinner, Margaret
- 325-348 How Greenhouse Gas Emission Policy and Industry Pressure Could Affect Producer Selection of Rice Cultivars
by McFadden, Brandon R. & Nalley, L. Lanier & Popp, Michael P.
- 349-364 Risk Management Behavior of a Forest Owner to Address Growth Risk
by Brunette, Marielle & Couture, Stéphane
- 365-386 Using Field-level Characteristics as Proxy Measures to Test for the Presence of Economies of Scale in Nonpoint Pollution Control
by Caplan, Arthur J. & Gilbert, John & Chatterjee, Devalina
- 387-402 Spatial Hedonic Valuation of a Multi-use Urban Wetland in Southern California
by Frey, Elaine F. & Palin, Marissa B. & Walsh, Patrick J. & Whitcraft, Christine R.
- 403-418 High Tunnels Are My Crop Insurance: An Assessment of Risk Management Tools for Small-scale Specialty Crop Producers
by Belasco, Eric & Galinato, Suzette & Marsh, Tom & Miles, Carol & Wallace, Russell
April 2013, Volume 42, Issue 01
- 1-1 The Economics of Rural and Agricultural Ecosystem Services: Purism versus Practicality
by Bauer, Dana Marie & Johnston, Robert J.
- 1-32 Using Ecological Production Theory to Define and Select Environmental Commodities for Nonmarket Valuation
by Boyd, James & Krupnick, Alan
- 33-56 Demand-side Value for Ecosystem Services and Implications for Innovative Markets: Experimental Perspectives on the Possibility of Private Markets for Public Goods
by Swallow, Stephen K.
- 57-74 Economics and Environmental Markets: Lessons from Water-Quality Trading
by Shortle, James
- 75-89 Sustainability Science: A Call to Collaborative Action
by Hart, David D. & Bell, Kathleen P.
- 90-97 Economic Science and Public Policy
by Smith, Katherine R.
- 98-118 Stated Preferences for Intermediate versus Final Ecosystem Services: Disentangling Willingness to Pay for Omitted Outcomes
by Johnston, Robert J. & Schultz, Eric T. & Segerson, Kathleen & Besedin, Elena Y. & Ramachandran, Mahesh
- 119-138 The Value of Forever Wild: An Economic Analysis of Land Use in the Adirondacks
by Tuttle, Carrie M. & Heintzelman, Martin D.
- 139-158 Applying the Ecosystem Services Concept to Public Land Management
by Kline, Jeffrey D. & Mazzotta, Marisa J. & Spies, Thomas A. & Harmon, Mark E.
- 159-175 Valuing Environmental Assets on Rural Lifestyle Properties
by Polyakov, Maksym & Pannell, David J. & Pandit, Ram & Tapsuwan, Sorada & Park, Geoff
- 176-195 Social Cost of Biomass Energy from Switchgrass in Western Massachusetts
by Timmons, David
- 196-224 Tradeoffs among Ecosystem Services, Performance Certainty, and Cost-efficiency in Implementation of the Chesapeake Bay Total Maximum Daily Load
by Wainger, Lisa A. & Van Houtven, George & Loomis, Ross & Messer, Jay & Beach, Robert & Deerhake, Marion
- 225-250 Prioritizing Ecosystem Service Protection and Conservation Efforts in the Forest Plantations of the Red Hills
by Moore, Rebecca
- 251-274 Modeling the Production of Multiple Ecosystem Services from Agricultural and Forest Landscapes in Rhode Island
by Liu, Tingting & Merrill, Nathaniel H. & Gold, Arthur J. & Kellogg, Dorothy Q. & Uchida, Emi
December 2012, Volume 41, Issue 03
- 275-285 Modeling Unobserved Heterogeneity in New York Dairy Farms: One-Stage versus Two-Stage Models
by Alvarez, Antonio & del Corral, Julio & Tauer, Loren W.
- 286-297 Effectiveness of Intellectual Property Protection: Survey Evidence from China
by Shi, Guanming & Pray, Carl & Zhang, Wenhui
- 298-312 Labor Productivity Growth in the Kansas Farm Sector: A Tripartite Decomposition Using a Non-Parametric Approach
by Mugera, Amin W. & Langemeier, Michael R. & Featherstone, Allen M.
- 313-326 The Effect of Fire Risk on the Critical Harvesting Times for Pacific Northwest Douglas-Fir When Carbon Price Is Stochastic
by Creamer, Selmin F. & Genz, Alan & Blatner, Keith A.
- 327-339 Impact of Food Contamination on Brands: A Demand Systems Estimation of Peanut Butter
by Bakhtavoryan, Rafael & Capps, Oral & Salin, Victoria
- 340-350 Causality Between Captive Supplies and Cash Market Prices in the U.S. Cattle Procurement Market
by Ji, In Bae & Chung, Chanjin
- 351-366 Redistributing Agricultural Data by a Dasymetric Mapping Methodology
by de Belém Costa Freitas Martins, Maria & de Sousa Xavier, António Manuel & de Sousa Fragoso, Rui Manuel
- 367-376 Evaluation of Crop Insurance Yield Guarantees and Producer Welfare with Upward-Trending Yields
by Adhikari, Shyam & Knight, Thomas O. & Belasco, Eric J.
- 377-390 Revisiting the Impact of Bt Corn Adoption by U.S. Farmers
by Fernandez-Cornejo, Jorge & Wechsler, Seth
August 2012, Volume 41, Issue 02
- 139-157 Carbon Emissions, Renewable Electricity, and Profits: Comparing Policies to Promote Anaerobic Digesters on Dairies
by Key, Nigel & Sneeringer, Stacy
- 158-174 Decoupled Direct Payments under Base Acreage and Yield Updating Uncertainty: An Investigation of Agricultural Chemical Use
by Peckham, Janet G. & Kropp, Jaclyn D.
- 175-188 A Market-based Mitigation Program for Wind-borne Diseases
by Bekkerman, Anton & Piggott, Nicholas E. & Goodwin, Barry K. & Jefferson-Moore, Kenrett
- 189-199 Factors Affecting Farmer Participation in Agritourism
by Bagi, Faqir Singh & Reeder, Richard J.
- 200-214 The Effect of Label Information on U.S. Farmers' Herbicide Choices
by Hasing, Tomas & Carpio, Carlos E. & Willis, David B. & Sydorovych, Olha & Marra, Michele
- 215-231 How Potential Carbon Policies Could Affect Where and How Cotton Is Produced in the United States
by Nalley, Lanier & Popp, Michael & Niederman, Zara & Brye, Kristofor & Matlock, Marty
- 232-246 Modeling Pine as a Carbon-Sequestering Crop in Arkansas
by Smith, S. Aaron & Popp, Michael P. & Nalley, L. Lanier & Brye, Kristofor R.
- 247-259 Economic Impacts of Adoption of Best Management Practices by Crawfish Producers: The Role of the Environmental Quality Incentives Program
by Nyaupane, Narayan P. & Gillespie, Jeffrey M. & Paudel, Krishna P.
- 260-273 Value of Beef Steak Branding: Hedonic Analysis of Retail Scanner Data
by Schulz, Lee L. & Schroeder, Ted C. & White, Katharine L.
April 2012, Volume 41, Issue 01
- 1-1 Special Issue on the Economics of Food Assistance Programs
by Just, David R.
- 1-11 The Evolution of Quantitative Food Marketing Policy: A Public Perspective
by Cotterill, Ronald W.
- 12-28 The Food Costs of Healthier School Lunches
by Newman, Constance
- 29-42 The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, Financial Stress, and Childhood Obesity
by Burgstahler, Rebecca & Gundersen, Craig & Garasky, Steven
- 43-56 Does Healthy Food Cost More in Poor Neighborhoods? An Analysis of Retail Food Cost and Spatial Competition
by Hatzenbuehler, Patrick L. & Gillespie, Jeffrey M. & O'Neil, Carol E.
- 57-71 Access to Local Agriculture and Weight Outcomes
by Berning, Joshua P.
- 72-81 The Role of Variety in Increasing the Consumption of Fruits and Vegetables Among Children
by Just, David R. & Lund, Jesse & Price, Joseph
- 82-91 An Exploration of the Relationship Between Income and Eating Behavior
by Chen, Susan E. & Liu, Jing & Binkley, James K.
- 92-99 De-Fizzing Schools: The Effect on Student Behavior of Having Vending Machines in Schools
by Price, Joshua
- 100-113 Sustainable School Food Procurement in Large K—12 Districts: Prospects for Value Chain Partnerships
by Conner, David S. & Izumi, Betty T. & Liquori, Toni & Hamm, Michael W.
- 114-123 Trigger Foods: The Influence of “Irrelevant” Alternatives in School Lunchrooms
by Hanks, Andrew S. & Just, David R. & Wansink, Brian
- 124-137 Social Meaning in Supermarkets as a Direct Route to Improve Parents' Fruit and Vegetable Purchases
by Payne, Collin R. & Niculescu, Mihai
December 2011, Volume 40, Issue 03
- 1-1 The Economics of Land Use Change: Advancing the Frontiers
by Lynch, Lori & Geoghegan, Jacqueline
- 321-340 Incorporating Spatial Complexity into Economic Models of Land Markets and Land Use Change
by Chen, Yong & Irwin, Elena G. & Jayaprakash, Ciriyam
- 341-359 A Hybrid Land Conversion Model Incorporating Multiple End Uses
by Kaza, Nikhil & Towe, Charles & Ye, Xin
- 360-374 Spatially Delineated Public Goods and Spatially Located Public Bads: A Hedonic Approach to Measuring Urban Revitalization
by Brown, John & Geoghegan, Jacqueline
- 375-392 Growth Management Policies for Exurban and Suburban Development: Theory and an Application to Sonoma County, California
by Newburn, David A. & Berck, Peter
- 393-404 Open Space and Urban Sprawl: The Effects of Zoning and Forest Conservation Regulations in Maryland
by Lichtenberg, Erik
- 405-423 The Implications of Skewed Risk Perception for a Dutch Coastal Land Market: Insights from an Agent-Based Computational Economics Model
by Filatova, Tatiana & Parker, Dawn C. & van der Veen, Anne
- 424-438 The Trees and the Bees: Using Enforcement and Income Projects to Protect Forests and Rural Livelihoods Through Spatial Joint Production
by Albers, H.J. & Robinson, E.J.Z.
- 439-450 Welfare Effects of Anti-Sprawl Policies in the Presence of Urban Decline
by Bento, Antonio M. & Franco, Sofia F. & Kaffine, Daniel
- 451-470 The Impact of Settlement Design on Tropical Deforestation Rates and Resulting Land Cover Patterns
by Caviglia-Harris, Jill & Harris, Daniel
- 471-487 Constraints or Cooperation? Determinants of Secondary Forest Cover Under Shifting Cultivation
by Klemick, Heather
August 2011, Volume 40, Issue 02
- 145-157 Residential Broadband Availability: Evidence from Kentucky and North Carolina
by Renkow, Mitch
- 158-171 Rural Community Participation, Social Networks, and Broadband Use: Examples from Localized and National Survey Data
by Stern, Michael J. & Adams, Alison E. & Boase, Jeffrey
- 172-183 Estimating the Economic Impact of Telemedicine in a Rural Community
by Whitacre, Brian E.
- 184-200 Do Supervisors Affect the Valuation of Public Goods?
by Franceschi, Dina & Vásquez, William F.
- 201-217 Retail Dairy Prices Fluctuate with the Farm Value of Milk
by Stewart, Hayden & Don, P. Blayney
- 218-232 Differences in WTP and Consumer Demand for Organic and Non-GM Fresh and Processed Foods
by He, Na & Bernard, John C.
- 233-250 Determining Consumer Perceptions of and Willingness to Pay for Appalachian Grass-Fed Beef: An Experimental Economics Approach
by Evans, Jason R. & D'Souza, Gerard E. & Collins, Alan & Cheryl, Brown & Sperow, Mark
- 251-265 Food Safety and Spinach Demand: A Generalized Error Correction Model
by Arnade, Carlos & Kuchler, Fred & Calvin, Linda
- 266-281 Preliminary Assessment of Nitrous Oxide Offsets in a Cap and Trade Program
by Ribaudo, Marc & Delgado, Jorge & Livingston, Michael
- 282-292 Productivity Divergence across Kansas Farms
by Yeager, Elizabeth A. & Langemeier, Michael R.
- 293-306 Off-Farm Employment Effects on Adoption of Nutrient Management Practices
by Gedikoglu, Haluk & McCann, Laura & Artz, Georgeanne
- 307-320 Factors Influencing the Selection of Precision Farming Information Sources by Cotton Producers
by Jenkins, Amanda & Velandia, Margarita & Lambert, Dayton M. & Roberts, Roland K. & Larson, James A. & English, Burton C. & Martin, Steven W.
April 2011, Volume 40, Issue 01
- 1-1 Special Issue on the Economics of Local Food Markets
by Just, David R. & Blalock, Garrick
- 1-19 Use of Direct Marketing Strategies by Farmers and Their Impact on Farm Business Income
by Uematsu, Hiroki & Mishra, Ashok K.
- 20-32 State-Branded Programs and Consumer Preference for Locally Grown Produce
by Nganje, William E. & Hughner, Renée Shaw & Lee, Nicholas E.
- 33-47 Comparing Willingness to Pay for Organic, Natural, Locally Grown, and State Marketing Program Promoted Foods in the Mid-Atlantic Region
by Onken, Kathryn A. & Bernard, John C. & Pesek, John D.
- 48-62 The Relative Importance of Search versus Credence Product Attributes: Organic and Locally Grown
by Wirth, Ferdinand F. & Stanton, John L. & Wiley, James B.
- 63-80 The Impact of Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Crop Agriculture: A Spatial-and Production-Level Analysis
by Nalley, Lanier & Popp, Mike & Fortin, Corey
- 81-94 Can Crop Insurance Premiums Be Reliably Estimated?
by Ramirez, Octavio A. & Carpio, Carlos E. & Rejesus, Roderick M.
- 95-115 The Impact of Human Capital on Farm Operator Household Income
by El-Osta, Hisham
- 116-132 Phosphorus Imbalances in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed: Can Forestland and Manure Processing Facilities Be the Answers?
by Catma, Serkan & Collins, Alan
- 133-144 Intensity of Precision Agriculture Technology Adoption by Cotton Producers
by Paxton, Kenneth W. & Mishra, Ashok K. & Chintawar, Sachin & Roberts, Roland K. & Larson, James A. & English, Burton C. & Lambert, Dayton M. & Marra, Michele C. & Larkin, Sherry L. & Reeves, Jeanne M. & Martin, Steven W.
October 2010, Volume 39, Issue 03
- 359-367 Cap-and-Trade: The Evolution of an Economic Idea
by Tietenberg, Tom
- 368-383 Economic Consequences of Pollinator Declines: A Synthesis
by Bauer, Dana Marie & Wing, Ian Sue
- 384-395 Organic Agriculture: An Agrarian or Industrial Revolution?
by Dimitri, Carolyn
- 396-398 Ensuring a Sustainable, Enduring Agriculture
by Horne, James E.
- 399-414 Forage Outsourcing in the Dairy Sector: The Extent of Use and Impact on Farm Profitability
by Gillespie, Jeffrey & Nehring, Richard & Sandretto, Carmen & Hallahan, Charles
- 415-428 Chemical Use Reductions in Urban Fringe Agriculture
by Adelaja, Adesoji O. & Sullivan, Kevin & Hailu, Yohannes G. & Govindasamy, Ramu
- 429-441 The Impact of Catfish Imports on the U.S. Wholesale and Farm Sectors
by Muhammad, Andrew & Neal, Sammy J. & Hanson, Terrill R. & Jones, Keithly G.
- 442-456 Applying Optimization and the Analytic Hierarchy Process to Enhance Agricultural Preservation Strategies in the State of Delaware
by Messer, Kent D. & Allen, William L.
- 457-467 The Effect of the Livestock Mandatory Reporting Act on Market Transparency and Grid Price Dispersion
by Fausti, Scott W. & Qasmi, Bashir A. & Li, Jing & Diersen, Mathew A.
- 468-484 Are Travelers Willing to Pay a Premium to Stay at a “Green” Hotel? Evidence from an Internal Meta-Analysis of Hedonic Price Premia
by Kuminoff, Nicolai V. & Zhang, Congwen & Rudi, Jeta
- 485-504 Valuing Rural Recreation Amenities: Hedonic Prices for Vacation Rental Houses at Deep Creek Lake, Maryland
by Nelson, Jon P.
- 505-516 Exploring the Role of Managerial Ability in Influencing Dairy Farm Efficiency
by Byma, Justin P. & Tauer, Loren W.
- 517-533 The Revenue Program Option in the 2008 U.S. Farm Bill: Evaluating Performance Characteristics of the ACRE Program
by Zulauf, Carl & Orden, David
- 534-546 Bargaining, Search, and Price Dispersion: Evidence from the Live Hogs Market
by Vukina, Tomislav & Zheng, Xiaoyong
- 547-560 U.S. Soybean Producer Perceptions and Management of Soybean Rust in the United States under the USDA Pest Information Platform for Extension and Education
by Livingston, Michael J.
- 561-570 Do CVM Welfare Estimates Suffer from On-Site Sampling Bias? A Comparison of On-Site and Household Visitor Surveys
by González-Sepúlveda, Juan Marcos & Loomis, John B.
- 571-584 Farming and the Internet: Reasons for Non-Use
by Briggeman, Brian C. & Whitacre, Brian E.
April 2010, Volume 39, Issue 02
- 1-1 Special Issue on Experimental Methods in Environmental, Natural Resource, and Agricultural Economics
by Messer, Kent D. & Murphy, James J.