Citations for "Further Evidence On The Asymmetric Behavior Of Unemployment Rates Over The Business Cycle"
by Rothman, Philip
- Petre CARAIANI, 2015. "Testing For Nonlinearity In Unemployment Rates Via Delay Vector Variance," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 81-92, March.
- Maurice Peat & Max Stevenson, 1995. "Testing for Nonlinearities in Economic and Financial Time Series," Working Paper Series 48, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Regis Barnichon & Christopher J. Nekarda, 2013.
"The ins and outs of forecasting unemployment: Using labor force flows to forecast the labor market,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2013-19, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Regis Barnichon & Christopher J. Nekarda, 2012. "The Ins and Outs of Forecasting Unemployment: Using Labor Force Flows to Forecast the Labor Market," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 45(2 (Fall)), pages 83-131.
- Skalin, Joakim & Teräsvirta, Timo, 1998.
"Modelling asymmetries and moving equilibria in unemployment rates,"
SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
262, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 05 Oct 1998.
- Skalin, Joakim & Ter svirta, Timo, 2002. "Modeling Asymmetries And Moving Equilibria In Unemployment Rates," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(02), pages 202-241, April.
- Dijk, Dick van & Franses, Philip Hans, 1999.
"Modeling Multiple Regimes in the Business Cycle,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(03), pages 311-340, September.
- Craigwell, Roland & Mathouraparsad, Sebastien & Maurin, Alain, 2011. "Unemployment hysteresis in the English-speaking Caribbean: evidence from non-linear models," MPRA Paper 33440, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hoover, Gary A. & Giedeman, Daniel C. & Dibooglu, Sel, 2009. "Income inequality and the business cycle: A threshold cointegration approach," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 278-292, September.
- Wan Shin, Dong & Lee, Oesook, 2003. "An instrumental variable approach for tests of unit roots and seasonal unit roots in asymmetric time series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 29-52, July.
- Lee, Cheng-Feng, 2010. "Testing for unemployment hysteresis in nonlinear heterogeneous panels: International evidence," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1097-1102, September.
- Caner,M. & Hansen,B.E., 1998.
"Threshold autoregression with a near unit root,"
27, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Oleg Korenok & Bruce Mizrach & Stan Radchenko, 2004.
"The Microeconomics of Macroeconomic Asymmetries: Sectoral Driving Forces and Firm Level Characteristics,"
Departmental Working Papers
200405, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Oleg Korenok & Bruce Mizrach, 2004. "The Microeconomics of Macroeconomic Asymmetries: Sectoral Driving Forces and Firm Level Characteristics," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 266, Society for Computational Economics.
- Gbaguidi S. DAVID, 2011.
"Expectations Impact On The Effectiveness Of The Inflation-Real Activity Trade-Off,"
Theoretical and Practical Research in Economic Fields,
ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(2), pages 141-182, December.
- Gbaguidi, David Sedo, 2011. "Expectations Impact on the Effectiveness of the Inflation-Real Activity Trade-Off," MPRA Paper 35482, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lee, Cheng-Feng & Hu, Te-Chung & Li, Ping-Cheng & Tsong, Ching-Chuan, 2013. "Asymmetric behavior of unemployment rates: Evidence from the quantile covariate unit root test," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 72-84.
- Max Stevenson & Maurice Peat, 2000. "Forecasting Australian Unemployment Rates," Australian Journal of Labour Economics (AJLE), Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School, vol. 4(1), pages 41-55, March.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Rangan Gupta & Anandamayee Majumdar & Stephen M. Miller, 2015. "Was the recent downturn in US real GDP predictable?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(28), pages 2985-3007, June.
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Gil-Alana, Luis A., 2008. "Modelling the US, UK and Japanese unemployment rates: Fractional integration and structural breaks," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(11), pages 4998-5013, July.
- Ghosn, Sandra, 2014. "Le rôle de la psychologie dans les dynamiques de la production, des inégalités et de la redistribution," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/14330 edited by Jacques, Jean-François, October.
- Feve, Patrick, 2002. "Solving labor demand models under asymmetric adjustment costs," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 797-809, May.
- Beare, Brendan K. & Seo, Juwon, 2012. "Time irreversible copula-based Markov Models," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt31f8500p, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- McKay, Alisdair & Reis, Ricardo, 2006.
"The Brevity and Violence of Contractions and Expansions,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5756, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- McKay, Alisdair & Reis, Ricardo, 2008. "The brevity and violence of contractions and expansions," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 738-751, May.
- Alisdair McKay & Ricardo Reis, 2006. "The Brevity and Violence of Contractions and Expansions," NBER Working Papers 12400, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Domenico Ferraro, 2014. "The Asymmetric Cyclical Behavior of the U.S. Labor Market," 2014 Meeting Papers 1104, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- João Sousa Andrade, 2007. "Uma Aplicação da Lei de Okun em Portugal," GEMF Working Papers 2007-04, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Alain Maurin & Roland Craigwell & Sébastien Mathouraparsad, 2011. "Modeling time series of unemployment rates in the Caribbean basin," EcoMod2011 3296, EcoMod.
- Hansen, Bruce E, 1999.
" Testing for Linearity,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(5), pages 551-76, December.
- Emilio Zanetti Chini, 2016.
"Generalizing smooth transition autoregressions,"
DEM Working Papers Series
114, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- Emilio Zanetti Chini, 2013. "Generalizing smooth transition autoregressions," CEIS Research Paper 294, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 25 Sep 2014.
- Emilio Zanetti Chini, 2013. "Generalizing smooth transition autoregressions," CREATES Research Papers 2013-32, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Sami Saafi & Meriem Haj mohamed & Abdeljelil Farhat, 2015. "Is there a causal relationship between unemployment and informal economy in Tunisia: evidence from linear and non-linear Granger causality," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(2), pages 1191-1204.
- Filippo Altissimo & Giovanni L. Violante, 2001.
"The non-linear dynamics of output and unemployment in the U.S,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(4), pages 461-486.
- Altissimo, Filippo & Violante, Giovanni L, 2000. "The Nonlinear Dynamics of Output and Unemployment in the US," CEPR Discussion Papers 2475, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chen, Wei-Shing, 2011. "Use of recurrence plot and recurrence quantification analysis in Taiwan unemployment rate time series," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(7), pages 1332-1342.
- Maria Simona Andreano & Giovanni Savio, 2002. "Further evidence on business cycle asymmetries in G7 countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(7), pages 895-904.
- Kohns, Stephan, 2001. "Testing for Asymmetry in British, German and US Unemployment Data," IZA Discussion Papers 341, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Domian, Dale L. & Louton, David A., 1995. "Business cycle asymmetry and the stock market," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 451-466.
- Maurice Peat & Max Stevenson, 1994.
"Asymmetry in the Business Cycle: Evidence from the Australian Labour Markets,"
Working Paper Series
37, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Peat, Maurice & Stevenson, Max, 1996. "Asymmetry in the business cycle: Evidence from the Australian labour market," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 353-368, September.
- Domian, Dale L. & Louton, David A., 1997. "A threshold autoregressive analysis of stock returns and real economic activity," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 167-179.
- Bradley Ewing & William Levernier & Farooq Malik, 2005. "Modeling Unemployment Rates by Race and Gender: A Nonlinear Time Series Approach," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 333-347, Summer.
- João Sousa Andrade, 2009. "The PIGS, does the Group Exist? An empirical macroeconomic analysis based on the Okun Law," GEMF Working Papers 2009-11, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Miśkiewicz, Janusz, 2012. "Economy with the time delay of information flow—The stock market case," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(4), pages 1388-1394.
- Franchi, Massimo & Ordóñez, Javier, 2011. "Multiple equilibria in Spanish unemployment," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 71-80, February.
- Steven Cook & Alan Speight, 2006. "International Business Cycle Asymmetry and Time Irreversible Nonlinearities," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(10), pages 1051-1065.
- D. Jones & Maurice Peat & Max Stevenson, 1996. "Does the Process of Spatial Aggregation of U.K. Unemplyment Rate Series Serve to Induce or Remove Evidence of Asymmetry in the Business Cycle," Working Paper Series 67, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Gbaguidi, David Sedo, 2011. "Regime Switching in a New Keynesian Phillips Curve with Non-zero Steady-state Inflation Rate," MPRA Paper 35481, University Library of Munich, Germany.