Nonlinear exchange rate pass-through in timber products: the case of oriented strand board in Canada and the United States
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Matei Demetrescu, 2010. "On the Dickey–Fuller test with White standard errors," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 11-25, January.
- Jeannine Bailliu & Eiji Fujii, 2004.
"Exchange Rate Pass-Through and the Inflation Environment in Industrialized Countries: An Empirical Investigation,"
Staff Working Papers
04-21, Bank of Canada.
- Eiji Fuji & Jeannine Bailliu, 2004. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through and the Inflation Environment in Industrialized Countries: An Empirical Investigation," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 135, Society for Computational Economics.
- Guneratne Banda Wickremasinghe & Param Silvapulle, 2004. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through to Manufactured Import Prices: The Case of Japan," International Trade 0406006, EconWPA.
- Maximo Camacho, 2004. "Vector smooth transition regression models for US GDP and the composite index of leading indicators," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(3), pages 173-196.
- Terasvirta, T & Anderson, H M, 1992. "Characterizing Nonlinearities in Business Cycles Using Smooth Transition Autoregressive Models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(S), pages 119-136, Suppl. De.
- Paul Cashin & Hong Liang & C. John McDermott, 2000.
"How Persistent Are Shocks to World Commodity Prices?,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 47(2), pages 1-2.
- Hong Liang & C. John McDermott & Paul Cashin, 1999. "How Persistent Are Shocks to World Commodity Prices?," IMF Working Papers 99/80, International Monetary Fund.
- Eitrheim, Oyvind & Terasvirta, Timo, 1996.
"Testing the adequacy of smooth transition autoregressive models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 59-75, September.
- Eitrheim, Øyvind & Teräsvirta, Timo, 1995. "Testing the Adequacy of Smooth Transition Autoregressive Models," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 56, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Patricia S. Pollard & Cletus C. Coughlin, 2004. "Size matters: asymmetric exchange rate pass-through at the industry level," Working Papers 2003-029, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Skalin, Joakim & Ter svirta, Timo, 2002.
"Modeling Asymmetries And Moving Equilibria In Unemployment Rates,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(02), pages 202-241, April.
- Skalin, Joakim & Teräsvirta, Timo, 1998. "Modelling asymmetries and moving equilibria in unemployment rates," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 262, Stockholm School of Economics, revised Jul 1999.
- Tapiwa d. Karoro & Meshach j. Aziakpono & Nicolette Cattaneo, 2009.
"Exchange Rate Pass-Through To Import Prices In South Africa: Is There Asymmetry?,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 77(3), pages 380-398, September.
- T D Karoro & M J Aziakpono & N Cattaneo, 2008. "Exchange rate pass-through to import prices in South Africa: Is there asymmetry?," Working Papers 79, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Philippe J. Deschamps, 2008.
"Comparing smooth transition and Markov switching autoregressive models of US unemployment,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(4), pages 435-462.
- Deschamps, Philippe J., 2007. "Comparing smooth transition and Markov switching autoregressive models of US Unemployment," DQE Working Papers 7, Department of Quantitative Economics, University of Freiburg/Fribourg Switzerland, revised 04 Jun 2008.
- Matthieu Bussiere, 2013.
"Exchange Rate Pass-through to Trade Prices: The Role of Nonlinearities and Asymmetries,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 75(5), pages 731-758, October.
- Bussière, Matthieu, 2007. "Exchange rate pass-through to trade prices: the role of non-linearities and asymmetries," Working Paper Series 822, European Central Bank.
- Koop, Gary & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Potter, Simon M., 1996. "Impulse response analysis in nonlinear multivariate models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 119-147, September.
- Péguin-Feissolle, Anne & Strikholm, Birgit & Teräsvirta, Timo, 2007.
"Testing the Granger noncausality hypothesis in stationary nonlinear models of unknown functional form,"
SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
672, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 18 Jan 2012.
- Anne Peguin-Feissolle & Birgit Strikholm & Timo Teräsvirta, 2013. "Testing the Granger Noncausality Hypothesis in Stationary Nonlinear Models of Unknown Functional Form," Post-Print hal-01500895, HAL.
- Anne Péguin-Feissolle & Birgit Strikholm & Timo Teräsvirta, 2008. "Testing the Granger noncausality hypothesis in stationary nonlinear models of unknown functional form," CREATES Research Papers 2008-19, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Al-Abri, Almukhtar S. & Goodwin, Barry K., 2009. "Re-examining the exchange rate pass-through into import prices using non-linear estimation techniques: Threshold cointegration," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 142-161, January.
- Reginaldo P. Nogueira, Jr. & Miguel A. León-Ledesma, 2011. "Does exchange rate pass-through respond to measures of macroeconomic instability?," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 14, pages 167-180, May.
- Bruno Larue & Jean-Philippe Gervais & Yannick Rancourt, 2010. "Exchange rate pass-through, menu costs and threshold cointegration," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 171-192, February.
- Cathy L. Jabara & Nancy E. Schwartz, 1987. "Flexible Exchange Rates and Commodity Price Changes: The Case of Japan," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 69(3), pages 580-590.
- Marazzi, Mario & Sheets, Nathan, 2007. "Declining exchange rate pass-through to U.S. import prices: The potential role of global factors," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 924-947, October.
- Robert B. Davies, 2002. "Hypothesis testing when a nuisance parameter is present only under the alternative: Linear model case," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 89(2), pages 484-489, June.
- Barry K. Goodwin & Matthew T. Holt & Jeffrey P. Prestemon, 2011. "North American Oriented Strand Board Markets, Arbitrage Activity, and Market Price Dynamics: A Smooth Transition Approach," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(4), pages 993-1014.
- Anderson, Heather M. & Vahid, Farshid, 1998. "Testing multiple equation systems for common nonlinear components," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 1-36, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kirstin Hubrich & Timo Teräsvirta, 2013. "Thresholds and Smooth Transitions in Vector Autoregressive Models," CREATES Research Papers 2013-18, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Onel, Gulcan & Goodwin, Barry K., 2013. "A Non-parametric Approach to Modeling Exchange Rate Pass-through in Basic Commodity Markets," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150319, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Guney, Selin, 2015. "An Analysis of the Pass-Through of Exchange Rates in Tropical Forest Product Markets: A Smooth Transition Approach," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205107, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsExchange rate pass–through; oriented strand board; smooth transition model; unemployment;
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2012-09-03 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-OPM-2012-09-03 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40834. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.