Testing the Granger noncausality hypothesis in stationary nonlinear models of unknown functional form
In this paper we propose a general method for testing the Granger noncausality hypothesis in stationary nonlinear models of unknown functional form. These tests are based on a Taylor expansion of the nonlinear model around a given point in a sample space. We study the performance of our tests by a Monte Carlo experiment and compare these to the most widely used linear test. Our tests appear to be well-sized and have reasonably good power properties.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||27 Aug 2007|
|Date of revision:||18 Jan 2012|
|Publication status:||Published as Péguin-Feissolle, Anne, Birgit Strikholm and Timo Teräsvirta, 'Testing the Granger noncausality hypothesis in stationary nonlinear models of unknown functional form' in Communications in Statistics - Simulation and Computation, 2013, pages 1063-1087.|
|Note:||This is a revised version (January 2012) of the paper.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +46-(0)8-736 90 00
Fax: +46-(0)8-31 01 57
Web page: http://www.hhs.se/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bell, David & Kay, Jim & Malley, Jim, 1996. "A non-parametric approach to non-linear causality testing," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 7-18, April.
- Bénédicte Vidaillet & V. D'Estaintot & P. Abécassis, 2005. "Introduction," Post-Print hal-00287137, HAL.
- Ashley, R & Granger, C W J & Schmalensee, R, 1980. "Advertising and Aggregate Consumption: An Analysis of Causality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(5), pages 1149-67, July.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1994.
"Graphical Methods for Investigating the Size and Power of Hypothesis Tests,"
903, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1998. "Graphical Methods for Investigating the Size and Power of Hypothesis Tests," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 66(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Li, Jing, 2006. "Testing Granger Causality in the presence of threshold effects," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 771-780.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:hastef:0672. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Lundin)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.