1993, Volume 42, Issue 4
- 411-417 The determinants of success in educational choice
by Reza Arabsheibani, G.
- 419-423 What is the effect of bid-rigging on prices?
by Froeb, Luke M. & Koyak, Robert A. & Werden, Gregory J.
- 425-431 Resource price dynamics with non-malleable extraction capital
by Rowse, John & Yeung, David
1993, Volume 42, Issue 2-3
- 121-128 Monotonicity of the Fisher information and the Kullback-Leibler divergence measure
by Ryu, Keunkwan
- 129-132 A diagnostic test without numerical integration
by Ai, Chunrong & Cassou, Steven P.
- 133-138 Cotrending and the stationarity of the real interest rate
by Chapman, David A. & Ogaki, Masao
- 139-142 The uniqueness of the subscription equilibrium with endogenous labor supply
by Nett, Lorenz & Peters, Wolfgang
- 143-147 Should normality be a normal assumption?
by Dorfman, Jeffrey H.
- 149-154 Wealth, bequests and attention
by Victorio, Andres G. & Arnott, Richard J.
- 155-158 Income uncertainty, bequests and annuities
by Strawczynski, Michel
- 159-166 Morishima elasticities of substitution with nested production functions
by Anderson, R. K. & Moroney, J. R.
- 167-171 Modelling heterogeneous inputs
by Marks, Robert E.
- 173-178 Sequential auctions with delay costs : A two-period model
by Menezes, Flavio M.
- 179-183 A note on majorization theory and the evaluation of income distributions
by Saposnik, Rubin
- 185-188 On some generalizations of a mean voter theorem
by Ma, Barry K. & Weiss, Jeffrey H.
- 189-194 Signalling by middlemen
by Arnold, Michael A.
- 195-199 Learning partitions
by Dimitri, Nicola
- 201-208 Efficiency wages and economic growth
by Hoon, Hian Teck
- 209-214 On relative price variability and hyperinflation
by Tang, De-piao & Wang, Ping
- 215-218 Optimum quantity of money instability
by Encarnacion, Jose Jr.
- 219-222 Monetary variability and real output
by Caporale, Tony
- 223-228 South African divestment decisions and shareholder wealth
by Moore, Norman H. & Pruitt, Stephen W. & Maurice Tse, K. S.
- 237-243 Speed variance, enforcement, and the optimal speed limit
by Graves, Philip E. & Lee, Dwight R. & Sexton, Robert L.
- 245-251 A note on vertical relations when the input supplier is a labor union
by Miller, Victoria & Vallee, Luc
- 253-259 Competition in airline networks : The case of constant elasticity demands
by Zhang, Anming & Wei, Xin
- 261-267 On the Todaro paradox
by Raimondos, Pascalis
- 269-273 Entry-inducing technology adoption
by Mørch von der Fehr, Nils-Henrik
- 275-278 Knowledge diffusion in an endogenous growth model
by Schulstad, Paul
- 281-289 Economic natural selection
by Blume, Lawrence E. & Easley, David
- 291-299 Perpetual randomness in evolutionary economics
by Mailath, George J.
- 301-312 Evolutionary stability and efficiency
by Sobel, Joel
- 313-319 Recent advances in evolutionary economics: comments
by Samuelson, Larry
1993, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-4 Tests of homogeneity and symmetry : Some simulation results
by Lin, An-loh
- 5-13 Alternative covariance estimators of the standard Tobit model
by Calzolari, Giorgio & Fiorentini, Gabriele
- 15-24 A note on the estimation of models with sample-selection biases
by Nawata, Kazumitsu
- 25-30 Preference representation and randomization in principal-agent contracts
by Arya, Anil & Young, Richard A. & Fellingham, John C.
- 31-36 The replacement principle in public good economies with single-peaked preferences
by Thomson, William
- 37-42 Managerial incentive contracts with a production externality
by Choi, Yoon K.
- 43-50 Turnovers and asymptotic behavior of workers
by Felli, Leonardo
- 51-57 Relative price variability and inflation in an equilibrium price misperceptions' model : Evidence for the UK
by Clare, A. D. & Thomas, S. H.
- 59-63 An alternative neo-classical growth model with closed-form decision rules
by Huffman, Gregory W.
- 65-70 Currency substitution and the optimal inflation tax
by Guidotti, Pablo E. & Vegh, Carlos A.
- 71-76 Test of the international equity integration of Japan
by Hamori, Shigeyuki
- 77-80 Measuring the efficiency cost of wage taxation with uncertain labor productivity
by Ramagopal, K. & Ramaswamy, Sunder
- 87-90 Time-dependent changes in gender-based promotion differences
by Krowas, John C.
- 91-95 Equivalence of effluent taxes and permits for environmental regulation of several local monopolies
by Requate, Till
- 97-103 Incomplete markets, firms and the projection hypothesis
by Ventura, Luigi
- 105-110 A woman's labor participation and economic growth : Creativity, knowledge utilization and family preference
by Zhang, Wei-Bin
- 111-116 Marine pollution and sport fishing quality : Using Poisson models as household production functions
by Smith, V. Kerry & Liu, Jin Long & Palmquist, Raymond B.
- 117-119 Exhaustibility and the reserves/production ratio
by Marks, Robert E. & Swan, Peter L.
1993, Volume 41, Issue 4
- 339-343 Pre-test estimation in regression under absolute error loss
by Giles, David E. A.
- 345-351 Residual based tests for cointegration : A Monte Carlo study of size distortions
by Haug, Alfred A.
- 353-358 The CUSUM test based on least squares residuals in regressions with integrated variables
by Wright, J. H.
- 359-362 Testing for cointegration : Power versus frequency of observation
by Hooker, Mark A.
- 363-367 Effort levels in contests : The public-good prize case
by Baik, Kyung Hwan
- 369-371 A generalization of an aggregate almost ideal demand system
by Wang, Chin-lih
- 373-377 The measurement unit problem in estimating demand systems
by Chung, Ching-Fan
- 379-383 Equilibria of generalized games with -majorized preference correspondences
by Tan, Kok-Keong & Yuan, Xian-Zhi
- 385-390 The nature of transactions in the U.S. aggregate goods market
by Rao, B. Bhaskara
- 391-397 Periodic, almost periodic and chaotic behaviour in Hicks' non-linear trade cycle model
by Hommes, Cars H.
- 399-405 Income distribution and the contractionary effect of protection : A theoretical analysis
by Marjit, Sugata & Kabiraj, Tarun
- 407-411 Is an enclave sector a cure for unemployment in LDCs?
by Din, Musleh-ud
- 413-418 A novel test of the monetary approach using black market exchange rates and the Johansen-Juselius cointegration method
by van den Berg, Hendrik & Jayanetti, Sanath C.
- 419-427 Sterling's ERM credibility : Did the dog bark in the night?
by Rose, Andrew K.
- 429-434 Distributional equity and the pricing of public final and intermediate goods
by Yang, C. C.
- 435-440 Rising incomes and the shift from self-employment to firm-based production
by Schaffner, Julie Anderson
- 441-445 Price discrimination with transportation costs and arbitrage
by Wright, Donald J.
- 447-450 How well do patents measure new product activity?
by Devinney, Timothy M.
- 451-451 Interchangeability of equilibrium points in extensive games with complete information (Economics letters 30, no. 4, 1989, pp. 303-306)
by Marchi, Ezio
1993, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 225-229 Exact critical regions and confidence intervals for maximum likelihood estimators in the exponential regression model
by Knight, John L. & Satchel, Stephen E.
- 231-234 A simple consistent specification test
by Donald, Stephen G.
- 235-240 The translog approximate function : Substitution among inputs in manufacturing evaluated at sample means
by Grant, James H.
- 241-245 The updating of input-output matrices a systematic survey
by de Mello, L. Jnr. & Teixeira, J. R.
- 247-252 A note concerning a competitive equilibrium in the market for agents
by Anglin, Paul M.
- 253-256 An alternative proof of uniqueness in non-cooperative bargaining
by Houba, Harold
- 257-263 General equilibrium with producers and brokers : Existence and regularity
by Jouini, Elyes & Kallal, Hedi
- 265-268 Choosing among alternative discrete investment projects under uncertainty
by Dixit, Avinash
- 269-272 Relatively weak increases in risk and their comparative statics
by Dionne, Georges & Eeckhoudt, Louis & Gollier, Christian
- 273-280 The fundamental principle of intertemporal optimization : Consumer behavior under recursive preferences
by Hayakawa, Hiroaki & Ishizawa, Suezo
- 281-286 Credibility, smooth expectation and inflation persistence
by Kim, Youngse
- 287-292 Fixed price controls and ad valorem distortions in an open economy
by Chambers, Robert G. & Lopez, Ramon
- 293-299 Testing option pricing models for several contingent claims using a generalized methodology
by Veld, Chris & Verboven, Adri
- 301-306 Small firm responses to changes in Federal Reserve margin requirements : Evidence from early data
by Pruitt, Stephen W.
- 307-312 Truthful revelation in the Diamond and Dybvig banking environment
by Alonso, Irasema
- 313-317 The budget deficit and the arbitrage pricing theory
by Caporale, Tony & Thorbecke, Willem
- 319-324 On the interaction between efficiency wages and union-firm bargaining models
by Sanfey, Peter J.
- 325-328 Patent and entry deterrence
by Bae, Hyung
- 329-334 Small store presence in Japan
by Carree, Martin A. & Potjes, Jeroen C. A. & Thurik, A. Roy
- 335-338 A note on endogenous risks and exhaustibility
by Stahler, Frank
1993, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 113-119 Uncertainty, bailouts, and the Kornai effect
by Goldfeld, Stephen M. & Quandt, Richard E.
- 121-127 Two forms of workers' enterprises facing imperfect labor markets
by Fehr, Ernst & Sertel, Murat R.
- 129-138 A comparison of alternative functional forms for the Lorenz curve
by Chotikapanich, Duangkamon
- 139-143 Price adjustment and market structure
by Martin, Christopher
- 145-147 Aggregate consumption behavior and the permanent income hypothesis
by Michael Orszag, J. & Staroselsky, Ilya
- 149-155 The price of worker reliability
by Coles, Melvyn G. & Treble, John G.
- 157-160 The Heckscher-Ohlin-Vanek theorem with quasi-homothetic preferences
by Torstensson, Johan
- 161-166 Cointegration among Southeast Asian and Japanese currencies: Preliminary evidence of a Yen bloc?
by Aggarwal, Raj & Mougoue, Mbodja
- 167-170 Explaining foreign investment shares in LDC industry : Incorporating the policy factor
by Aswicahyono, H. H. & Hill, Hal
- 171-177 Endogenous technical change and intra- and inter-industry quality competition
by Wang, Yunjong
- 179-185 Price bubbles and crashes in experimental call markets
by Van Boening, Mark V. & Williams, Arlington W. & LaMaster, Shawn
- 187-191 A note on the optimality of strict liability
by Estrada, Javier
- 193-197 Partial compatibility and supporting services
by Chou, Chien-fu & Shy, Oz
- 199-206 A Bertrand model of pricing and entry
by Sharkey, William W. & Sibley, David S.
- 207-210 Macroeconomic uncertainty and private investment
by Aizenman, Joshua & Marion, Nancy P. & Marion, Nancy P.
- 211-214 On the intertemporal allocation of a natural resource
by Burt, Oscar R.
- 215-220 Testing for non-response and sample selection bias in contingent valuation : Analysis of a combination phone/mail survey
by Whitehead, John C. & Groothuis, Peter A. & Blomquist, Glenn C.
- 221-224 A fall in construction costs can raise housing rents
by Anas, Alex & Arnott, Richard J.
1993, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 1-6 Some results on testing for stationarity using data detrended in differences
by Schmidt, Peter
- 7-10 A method to select between periodic cointegration and seasonal cointegration
by Franses, Philip Hans
- 11-16 Production risk, technical efficiency, and panel data
by Kumbhakar, Sabul C.
- 17-20 Biases in frontier estimation due to heteroscedasticity
by Caudill, Steven B. & Ford, Jon M.
- 21-24 The n-person Nash bargaining solution with time preference
by Chae, Suchan
- 25-28 Errors in rational expectations matter
by Borghans, Lex
- 29-33 A curvature condition ensuring uniqueness of Cournot equilibrium, with applications to comparative statics
by Schlee, Edward E.
- 35-39 Productivity gaps and underemployment
by Wathieu, Luc
- 41-45 On the role of generating functions when preferences are recursive
by Hayakawa, Hiroaki & Ishizawa, Suezo
- 47-52 Unit root hypothesis, new classical and Keynesian models
by Rao, B. Bhaskara
- 53-56 The effects of expected and unexpected inflation on the variability of relative prices
by Lach, Saul & Tsiddon, Daniel
- 57-61 Monopolistic competition, technology shocks, and aggregate fluctuations
by Devereux, Michael B. & Head, Allen C. & Lapham, Beverly J.
- 63-65 The transactions demand for cash by endowed institutions : An invariance result
by Danziger, Leif
- 67-71 RTC activity and the 'missing M2'
by Duca, John V.
- 73-79 Imperfect competition and crowding out : A comparison between a small open and closed economy
by Chang, Wen-ya & Tsai, Hsueh-fang & Lai, Ching-chong
- 85-91 Schooling as a job search process
by Fan, Chengze
- 93-98 On dynamic efficiency in a growth model with increasing returns
by Kohn, Meir & Marion, Nancy
- 99-105 Threshold externalities and cyclical growth in a stylized model of capital accumulation
by Futagami, Koichi & Mino, Kazuo
- 107-110 Optimal population size and endogenous growth
by Palivos, Theodore & Yip, Chong K.
- 111-111 A grouped data semiparametric competing risks model with nonparametric unobserved heterogeneity and mover-stayer structure (Economics Letters 37, no. 3, pp. 279-285)
by Moon, Choon-Geol
- 111-111 A note on the estimation of limited dependent variable models under rational expectations (Economics Letters 38, no. 1, pp. 17-23)
by Donald, Stephen G. & Maddala, G. S.
1992, Volume 40, Issue 4
- 379-381 Range vs. maximum in the OLS-based version of the CUSUM test
by Kramer, Walter & Schotman, Peter
- 383-388 A Bayesian note on competing correlation structures in the dynamic linear regression model
by Osiewalski, Jacek & Steel, Mark F. J.
- 389-396 A generalized test for perfect aggregation
by Thompson, Gary D. & Lyon, Charles C.
- 397-401 Effects of data aggregation on the power of tests for a unit root : A simulation study
by Choi, In
- 403-406 Estimation of a fixed effects bivariate censored regression model
by Ai, Chunrong & Chen, Chaoying
- 407-411 Switching regressions and activity analysis: A new approach to frontier estimation
by Ley, Eduardo
- 413-416 Biproportionality and optimal capital depletion
by de Mello, L. Jnr.
- 417-421 Outside options in a bargaining model with decay in the size of the cake
by Dalmazzo, Alberto
- 423-428 Stable disequilibrium prices
by Heal, Geoffrey
- 429-434 Necessary conditions for comparative statics under uncertainty
by Ormiston, Michael B. & Schlee, Edward E.
- 435-444 Changes in the behavior of output in the United Kingdom, 1856-1990
by Leung, Siu-ki
- 445-447 A general theorem on tariff harmonization
by Tsuneki, Atsushi
- 449-453 Are foreign exchange markets really efficient?
by Alexander, C. O. & Johnson, A.
- 455-457 Exchange rates and target zone width
by Werner, Alejandro M.
- 459-464 On the structural stability of preference parameters obtained from Japanese financial market data
by Hamori, Shigeyuki
- 465-471 Debt, collateral, and renegotiation under moral hazard
by Wong, Kit Pong
- 473-480 A note on the free rider problem in oligopoly
by Appelbaum, Elie & Weber, Shlomo
- 481-485 Negative effects of competition in a medical-service market
by Nett, Lorenz
- 487-489 Can a joint venture lessen competition more than a merger?
by Nye, William
- 491-496 Brand/product innovation and the optimal length of trademark/patent protection
by Veall, Michael R.
1992, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 257-261 Testing for AR(p) against IMA(1, q) disturbances in the linear regression model
by Silvapulle, Paramsothy
- 263-268 Granger-causality in cointegrated VAR processes The case of the term structure
by Lutkepohl, Helmut & Reimers, Hans-Eggert
- 269-272 Estimating fixed and random effects models with selectivity
by Zabel, Jeffrey E.
- 273-280 A note on the identifiability of a dynamic binary choice model with state dependence
by McCall, Brian P.
- 281-285 Efficient investment through renegotiation of simple contracts
by Chung, Tai-Yeong
- 287-290 Keeping up with the Joneses : Chaotic patterns in a status game
by Rauscher, Michael
- 291-297 Substitution and complementarity with nested production
by Anderson, R. K. & Moroney, J. R.
- 299-302 Incentive compatibility and competitive allocations
by Jackson, Matthew O.
- 303-308 Inflationary expectations and rationality
by Paquet, Alain
- 309-311 Fisher's relationship in a volatile world A note on Malliaris and Malliaris
by Evans, Lewis & Okunev, John
- 313-318 Purchasing power parity over the modern float An application in higher order cointegration
by Crowder, William J.
- 319-324 Interest rate parity and the exchange risk premium Evidence from panel data
by Mayfield, E. Scott & Murphy, Robert G.
- 325-331 Further tests on the forward exchange rate unbiasedness hypothesis
by Sosvilla-Rivero, Simon & Park, Young B.
- 333-338 An equivalence between the Kyle (1985) and the Glosten--Milgrom (1985) models
by Krishnan, Murugappa
- 339-344 Market versus limit orders
by Caballe, Jordi
- 345-351 The determinants of worksite health promotion
by Kenkel, Donald & Supina, Dylan
- 353-357 Do means tested transfers reduce labor supply?
by Steinberg Schone, Barbara
- 359-363 Profit sharing, unemployment and effort
by Gonzalez, Pablo
- 365-371 Divide and conquer On the profitability of forming independent rival divisions
by Polasky, Stephen
- 373-378 Forward and backward lags in a multi-sector model
by Kaganovich, Michael
1992, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 127-133 A Stein rule estimator which shrinks towards the ridge regression estimator
by Harewood, Stephen I.
- 135-140 The logit model and panel data via repeated observations: A clarification and extension of the literature
by Kelejian, Harry H.
- 141-146 A Hausman specification test based on root-N-consistent semiparametric estimators
by Li, Qi & Stengos, Thanasis
- 147-153 Asymptotic normality of the instrumental variable estimates for ARIMA(p, m, q) processes
by Choi, In
- 155-158 Estimation of GARCH process in the presence of structural change
by Simonato, Jean-Guy
- 159-166 Time-varying parameters and nonconvergence to rational expectations under least squares learning
by Bullard, James
- 167-172 Forward induction in coordination games
by Cooper, Russell & De Jong, Douglas V. & Forsythe, Robert & Ross, Thomas W.
- 173-175 Sato's insight on the relationship between the Frisch 'parameter' and the average elasticity of substitution
by Powell, Alan A.
- 177-180 A note on the application of the restricted generalised Leontief profit function
by Bergman, Mats A. & Brannlund, Runar
- 181-185 Income distribution, efficient bargaining and market structure
by Conyon, Martin J.
- 187-191 A characterization of the class of rationalizable equilibria of oligopoly games
by Basu, Kaushik
- 193-196 The stock market premium, production, and relative risk aversion : A generalization
by Cho, Jaeho
- 197-201 Revisiting minimum-quality standards
by Chambers, Robert G. & Weiss, Michael
- 203-206 Economically rational expectations equilibrium
by Crettez, Bertrand & Michel, Philippe
- 207-210 Does reducing the capital gains tax rate raise or lower investment?
by McClure, J. Jr.
- 211-216 Output trends in EC countries and the implications for transition to monetary union
by Serletis, Apostolos & Krichel, Thomas
- 217-221 A stochastic dominance analysis of trading losses from using sample estimates of the variance in the Black-Scholes model
by Haim Levy & Yoder, James
- 223-228 Study duration and earnings: A test in relation to the human capital versus screening debate
by Oosterbeek, Hessel
- 229-233 The effect of women's schooling on fertility
by Sander, William
- 235-240 Efficiency wage model of adverse selection reconsidered
by Wakita, Shigeru
- 241-246 Industry structure and compliance with environmental standards
by Chua, Dale H. & Kennedy, Peter W. & Laplante, Benoit
- 247-250 A note on pioneering brands, market dominance and technology
by Ju Choi, Chong & Scarpa, Carlo
- 251-255 Pollution, taxation, and strategic behaviour
by Leung, Michael C. M.
1992, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 1-6 The small sample properties of R2 in a misspecified regression model with stochastic regressors
by Meepagala, Gaminie
- 7-11 Local asymptotic stability of optimal steady states
by Huijberts, Henri & Withagen, Cees
- 19-22 Homothetic representation of regular non-homothetic preferences
by Perroni, Carlo
- 23-26 Optimal liquidation rule and debt in the principal-agent model
by Chang, Chun & Wang, Yijiang
- 27-32 Call market efficiency with simple adaptive learning
by Cason, Timothy N.
- 33-37 On the sustainability of collusion in differentiated duopolies
by Rothschild, R.
- 39-44 Far-sighted strong equilibrium and oligopoly
by Li, Shuhe
- 45-55 The Nash bargaining solution manipulated by pre-donations is Talmudic
by Sertel, Murat R.
- 57-60 A simple characterization of the uniform rule
by Ching, Stephen