April 1998, Volume 59, Issue 1
- 31-38 Preference-based indices with subsidized commodities and income-dependent prices
by Klevmarken, N. Anders
- 39-43 The impact of market clearing assumptions and dynamics on demand elasticities
by Oczkowski, Edward
- 49-63 Testing nonlinear forecastability in time series: Theory and evidence from the EMS
by Fernandez-Rodriguez, Fernando & Sosvilla-Rivero, Simon
- 65-69 Weakly smooth preferences on Banach lattices
by Besada, M. & Vaquez, C.
- 71-75 A note on Lagrange multipliers with several binding constraints
by Weber, Christian E.
- 77-82 Making mobility visible: a graphical device
by Trede, Mark
- 83-90 Individual rationality and voting in cooperative production
by Corchon, Luis C. & Puy, M. Socorro
- 91-95 Staggering, the optimal monetary rule and persistence
by Pikoulakis, E. V. & Evans, William
- 97-105 The scope for monetary independence in exchange rate target zones broad and narrow
by Hurley, Margaret
- 107-111 Choosing the right battlefield for the war on drugs: an irrelevance result
by Chiu, Stephen & Mansley, Edward C. & Morgan, John
- 113-117 Athletes and work
by Ewing, Bradley T.
- 119-125 A model of the wage curve
by Campbell, Carl & Orszag, J. Michael
- 127-131 Adam Smith may have been right after all: A new approach to the analysis of compensating differentials
by Elliott, Robert F. & Sandy, Robert
- 133-138 Divisionalization and product differentiation
by Ziss, Steffen
- 139-144 Personalized transactions and market activity in the informal sector
by Bose, Pinaki
March 1998, Volume 58, Issue 3
- 255-261 Generating conditional expectations from models with selectivity bias: comment
by Schaffner, Julie Anderson
- 263-268 Generalized hurdle count data regression models
by Gurmu, Shiferaw
- 269-275 Coordination and local interaction: experimental evidence
by Keser, Claudia & Ehrhart, Karl-Martin & Berninghaus, Siegfried K.
- 277-280 Scale returns of a random matching model
by Kultti, Klaus
- 281-290 Demand systems with unit values:: A comparison of two specifications
by Lahatte, Agenor & Miquel, Ruth & Laisney, Francois & Preston, Ian
- 291-295 Taste for diversity and the optimality of economic growth
by de Groot, Henri L. F. & Nahuis, Richard
- 297-301 Product homogeneity as a prisoner's dilemma in a duopoly with R&D
by Lambertini, Luca & Rossini, Gianpaolo
- 303-310 Standardization and the stability of collusion
by Lambertini, Luca & Poddar, Sougata & Sasaki, Dan
- 311-317 Risk-sharing CARA individuals are collectively EU
by Bone, John
- 319-324 Lyapunov stability, regions of attraction, and indeterminate growth paths
by Russell, Thomas & Zecevic, Aleksandar
- 325-329 Evidence on the substitutability between government purchases and consumer spending within specific spending categories
by Kuehlwein, Michael
- 331-337 Imperfect competition, the Keynesian cross, and optimal fiscal policy
by Reinhorn, Leslie J.
- 339-344 Do exchange rates follow a random walk process in Middle Eastern countries?
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen
- 345-350 The effect of school quality on student performance: A quantile regression approach
by Eide, Eric & Showalter, Mark H.
- 351-354 Labor market slack and the wage curve
by Pannenberg, Markus & Schwarze, Johannes
- 355-360 Minimum quality standards as a barrier to innovation
by Maxwell, John W.
- 361-366 Industry profit-maximizing joint-venture structure in a linear cournot oligopoly
by Yi, Sang-Seung
- 367-369 A robust test for consumer welfare enhancing mergers among sellers of a homogeneous product
by Froeb, Luke M. & Werden, Gregory J.
February 1998, Volume 58, Issue 2
- 135-141 Autocorrelation specification in singular equation systems: A further look
by Holt, Matthew T.
- 143-147 Do core inflation measures help forecast inflation?
by Freeman, Donald G.
- 149-156 A Monte Carlo study of time aggregation in continuous-time and discrete-time parametric hazard models
by ter Hofstede, Frenkel & Wedel, Michel
- 157-163 On the testing of heterogeneity effects in dynamic unbalanced panel data models
by Jimenez-Martin, Sergi
- 165-170 A non-linear error correction mechanism based on the bilinear model1
by Peel, David & Davidson, James
- 171-175 On identifying permanent and transitory shocks in VAR models
by Yang, Minxian
- 177-183 Market problems
by Telser, L. G.
- 185-191 Computing the steady state of linear quadratic optimization models with rational expectations
by Amman, Hans M. & Kendrick, David A.
- 193-197 Bargaining, efficiency wages, and the price-cost markup
by Sanfey, Peter J.
- 199-204 Effects of indirect taxation in a mixed oligopoly
by Mujumdar, Sudesh & Pal, Debashis
- 205-209 Why do larger buyers pay lower prices? Intense supplier competition
by Snyder, Christopher M.
- 211-215 The effects of campaign contribution sources on the congressional elections of 1996
by Depken, Craig A.
- 217-223 A simplified exposition of smooth pasting
by Sodal, Sigbjorn
- 225-230 Seigniorage payments for use of the dollar: 1977-1995
by Jefferson, Philip N.
- 231-238 Long-run equilibrium real exchange rates and oil prices
by Chaudhuri, Kausik & Daniel, Betty C.
- 239-244 Do faculty salaries rise with job seniority?
by Barbezat, Debra A. & Donihue, Michael R.
- 245-253 Long run effects of employment and payroll taxes in an efficiency wage model
by Rasmussen, Bo Sandemann
January 1998, Volume 58, Issue 1
- 1-5 Testing cointegrating coefficients in vector autoregressive error correction models
by Hansen, Gerd & Kim, Jeong-Ryeol & Mittnik, Stefan
- 7-15 On bootstrap and analytical bias corrections
by Ferrari, Silvia L. P. & Cribari-Neto, Francisco
- 17-29 Generalized impulse response analysis in linear multivariate models
by Pesaran, H. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol
- 31-37 Small sample testing for cointegration using the bootstrap approach
by Harris, R. I. D. & Judge, G.
- 39-42 Unobservable individual effects in unbalanced panel data
by Gardner, Robert
- 43-49 Invariance and randomness in the Nash program for coalitional games
by Dagan, Nir & Serrano, Roberto
- 51-53 A note on the economic rationalization of gun control
by Chaudhri, Vivek & Geanakoplos, John
- 55-61 Optimal allocation of quotas
by Glazer, Amihai & Hassin, Refael
- 63-67 Prices versus quantities and distributional inefficiency
by Bennett, John
- 69-76 Popular support for progressive taxation and the relative income hypothesis
by Mitra, Tapan & Ok, Efe A. & Kockesen, Levent
- 77-84 Does consumer sentiment forecast household spending?: The Hong Kong case
by Fan, Chengze Simon & Wong, Phoebe
- 85-89 Taxation or regulation:: Looking for a good anti-smoking policy
by Lanoie, Paul & Leclair, Paul
- 91-95 A reestimation of the Evans-Jovanovic entrepreneurial choice model
by Xu, Bin
- 97-103 The ethnic wage gap and employment differentials in the 1990s: Evidence for Britain
by Blackaby, D. H. & Leslie, D. G. & Murphy, P. D. & O'Leary, N. C.
- 105-111 Product market competition and R&D rivalry
by Lin, Ping
- 113-117 Privatization on the stock market: Sale at one go or sale in tranches?
by Bel, Gema
- 119-126 Dynamics of R&D and investment: UK evidence
by Toivanen, Otto & Stoneman, Paul
- 127-131 Inventory costs and the optimal spacing of retail stores
by Braid, Ralph M.
December 1997, Volume 57, Issue 3
- 245-253 Testing for a unit root in the presence of a variance shift1
by Hamori, Shigeyuki & Tokihisa, Akira
- 255-259 Generalized stochastic frontier production models
by Lothgren, Mickael
- 261-267 Exact initial conditions for maximum likelihood estimation of state space models with stochastic inputs
by Casals, Jose & Sotoca, Sonia
- 269-273 An existence result for coalition-proof equilibrium
by Kukushkin, Nikolai S.
- 275-281 Aggressive pricing as a source of funding
by Hendel, Igal
- 283-287 Profit efficiency, Farrell decompositions and the Mahler inequality1
by Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna
- 289-296 In praise of inequality: public good provision and income distribution
by Itaya, Jun-ichi & de Meza, David & Myles, Gareth D.
- 297-303 A price adjustment process with symmetry
by Tuinstra, Jan
- 305-311 Investigation of stochastic preference theory using experimental data
by Carbone, Enrica
- 313-317 Least mean squares learning in self-referential linear stochastic models
by Barucci, Emilio & Landi, Leonardo
- 319-326 Precautionary saving and subjective earnings variance
by Lusardi, Annamaria
- 327-330 Efficiency wages: combining the shirking and turnover cost models
by Marti, Christopher
- 331-337 The cyclical behavior of mark ups in U.S. manufacturing and trade: new empirical evidence based on a model of optimal storage
by Kollmann, Robert
- 339-343 An analytical approximation of target zone exchange rate functions: the technique of collocation
by Kempa, Bernd & Nelles, Michael & Pierdzioch, Christian
- 345-352 Implied volatility from the term structure: a simple analytical approximation
by Steeley, James M.
- 353-358 Estimated hedonic wage function and value of life in a developing country
by Liu, Jin-Tan & Hammitt, James K. & Liu, Jin-Long
- 359-363 Disincentives for cost-reducing investment
by Thomas, Charles J.
December 1997, Volume 57, Issue 2
- 129-134 Small sample properties of the regression test of the expectations model of the term structure1
by Schotman, Peter C.
- 135-143 An elementary estimator of the partial linear model
by Yatchew, A.
- 145-148 Detecting the number of structural breaks
by Kim, In-Moo
- 149-156 A generalized least squares estimation method for invertible vector moving average models
by Flores de Frutos, Rafael & Serrano, Gregorio R.
- 157-162 The effect of the time-structure of information on the expectational-stability of rational expectations
by Roberts, Mark A.
- 163-168 The Hodrick-Prescott technique: A smoother versus a filter: An application to New Zealand GDP
by Razzak, W.
- 169-175 Reexamination of dynamic efficiency with taxation on land
by Kim, Kyung-Soo & Lee, Jaewoo
- 177-182 A new justification of monopolistic competition
by Guth, Werner & Huck, Steffen
- 183-187 Trends in market power and productivity growth rates in US and Japanese manufacturing
by Ryan, Daniel J.
- 189-195 An explicit solution for dynamic menu costs with zero discounting
by Chalkley, Martin
- 197-201 Multipliers: imperfect competition or increasing returns to scale?
by Fatas, Antonio
- 203-207 Uncertainty and the inflation bias of monetary policy
by Pearce, Douglas K. & Sobue, Motoshi
- 209-212 On public capital analysis with state data
by Ai, Chunrong & Cassou, Steven P.
- 213-218 Nash bargaining with downward rigid wages
by Cabrales, Antonio & Hopenhayn, Hugo
- 219-225 Earnings profile and monitoring under asymmetric information
by Bai, Chong-en
- 227-234 Entry and exit under demand uncertainty
by Vettas, Nikolaos
- 235-240 Taxpayer-consumers and public pricing
by Corneo, Giacomo G.
- 241-244 Markets and famines: a simple test with Indian data
by O Grada, Cormac
November 1997, Volume 57, Issue 1
- 1-4 Life cycle consumption models with uncertainty within periods
by Melenberg, Bertrand
- 5-10 The power of the ADF test
by Lopez, J. Humberto
- 11-16 On the properties of the Dickey-Pantula test against fractional alternatives
by Dolado, Juan J. & Marmol, Francesc
- 17-22 New panel unit root tests of PPP
by Coakley, Jerry & Fuertes, Ana Maria
- 23-32 A simulated likelihood estimator for qualitative response models with sufficient statistics
by Lee, Lung-Fei
- 33-37 Censored probit models do not fail randomly: A Monte Carlo study
by Butler, J. S.
- 39-44 The existence of population inequality measures
by Kleiber, Christian
- 45-50 Some relationships between evolutionary stability criteria in games
by Dufwenberg, Martin
- 51-56 A note on the Markov perfect equilibrium of a linear-quadratic alternating-move game
by Lau, Sau-Him Paul
- 57-62 Optimization and external reference; a comparison of three axiomatic systems
by Gaertner, Wulf & Xu, Yongsheng
- 63-67 Welfare measurement and representative consumer theory
by Smith, V. Kerry & Von Haefen, Roger
- 69-77 The (mis-)specification of production costs in production smoothing models
by Peeters, H. M. M.
- 79-85 Effects of price competition in the credit card industry
by Park, Sangkyun
- 87-96 A note on Bertrand competition with asymmetric fixed costs
by Marquez, Robert
- 97-105 Productivity shocks and employment: evidence from US industrial data
by Malley, Jim & Muscatelli, V. Anton
- 107-111 Input and output substitution in higher education
by King, William D.
- 113-118 On the equivalence of profit and revenue sharing
by Michaelis, Jochen
- 119-125 Union membership and employment dynamics with endogenous union density
by Chang, Juin-jen & Lai, Ching-chong
November 1997, Volume 56, Issue 3
- 253-257 A measure of economic efficiency using returns to scale
by Kalirajan, K. P.
- 259-266 Testing for multicointegration
by Engsted, Tom & Gonzalo, Jesus & Haldrup, Niels
- 267-271 Effects on inference of pretesting the exogeneity of a regressor
by Wong, Ka-fu
- 273-276 A note on the equivalence of long-run and short-run identifying restrictions in cointegrated systems
by Ribba, Antonio
- 277-279 Time-consistent optimal stopping
by Smith, Lones
- 281-286 Randall and Stoll's bound in an inverse demand system
by Park, Hoanjae
- 287-292 Bliss and the permanent income hypothesis
by Laroque, Guy & Lemaire, Isabelle
- 293-298 Welfare effects of discriminatory two-part tariffs constrained by price caps
by Bertoletti, Paolo & Poletti, Clara
- 299-303 Welfare analysis of the coordinating role of a redundant security
by Hara, Chiaki
- 305-309 An impossibility theorem with von Neumann-Morgenstern preferences
by Dhillon, Amrita & Mertens, Jean-Francois
- 311-316 International capital movements and the locomotive effect
by Bruno, C.
- 317-323 Intra-industry wage differences over the business cycle
by Cho, Byung Sun & Shin, Kwanho
- 325-332 How sensitive is short-term Japanese interest rate volatility to the level of the interest rate?
by Hiraki, Takato & Takezawa, Nobuya
- 333-338 Multiple reserve requirements: an irrelevance result
by de Paso, Jose I. Garcia
- 339-343 A Bertrand model of wage competition with capital mobility
by Lorz, Oliver
- 345-350 Tariff endogeneity: Evidence from 19th century Europe
by Thornton, John & Molyneux, Philip
- 351-358 Touched by tragedy: capital market lessons from the crash of ValuJet Flight 592
by Nethercutt, Leonard L. & Pruitt, Stephen W.
- 359-365 A further remark on Shephard's Lemma
by Fuchs-Selinger, Susanne
- 367-370 Measuring real interstate income inequality in the United States
by Black, David C. & Dowd, Michael R.
October 1997, Volume 56, Issue 2
- 129-133 On two stage least squares estimation of the average treatment effect in a random coefficient model
by Wooldridge, Jeffrey M.
- 135-141 On the effect of seasonal adjustment on the log-periodogram regression
by Ooms, Marius & Hassler, Uwe
- 143-147 Time-series based tests of the convergence hypothesis: Some positive results
by Greasley, David & Oxley, Les
- 149-155 Unit root tests on real wage panel data for the G7
by Fleissig, Adrian R. & Strauss, Jack
- 157-162 Optimal bidding in a uniform price auction with multi-unit demand1
by Draaisma, Teun & Noussair, Charles
- 163-169 Equilibria and approximate equilibria in infinite potential games
by Voorneveld, Mark
- 171-175 On existence of undominated pure strategy Nash equilibria in anonymous nonatomic games
by Le Breton, Michel & Weber, Shlomo
- 177-180 Hypothetical versus real payments in Vickrey auctions
by Blumenschein, Karen & Johannesson, Magnus & Blomquist, Glenn C. & Liljas, Bengt & O'Conor, Richard M.
- 181-186 How quasi-rational are you?: A behavioral interpretation of a two form which measures non-integrability of a system of demand equations
by Russell, Thomas
- 187-193 Efficiency of a fixed but allocatable input: A non-parametric approach
by Fare, R. & Grabowski, R. & Grosskopf, S. & Kraft, S.
- 195-200 Bid shading and risk aversion in multi-unit auctions with many bidders
by Nautz, D. & Wolfstetter, E.
- 201-207 Electoral defeats and local political expenditure cycles
by Nuno Baleiras, Rui
- 209-213 On the necessary and sufficient conditions for Nash implementation
by Ziad, Abderrahmane
- 215-221 Efficiency wages, nominal rigidities and the cyclical behavior of real wages and marginal cost
by Kiley, Michael T.
- 223-227 The political economy of endogenous taxation and redistribution
by Dolmas, Jim & Huffman, Gregory W.
- 229-233 Domestic versus International R&D Spillovers
by Brod, Andrew & Shivakumar, Ram
- 235-241 Negative autocorrelation around large jumps in intra-day foreign exchange data
by Ghosh, Dipak
- 243-248 Aggregate job matching and returns to scale in Germany
by Gross, Dominique M.
September 1997, Volume 56, Issue 1
- 1-3 A predictive motivation for loss function specification in parametric hypothesis testing
by Poirier, Dale J.
- 5-11 Modified Wald test for regression disturbances
by Laskar, Mizan R. & King, Maxwell L.
- 13-19 Structural breaks and seasonal integration
by Smith, Jeremy & Otero, Jesus
- 21-26 On the robustness of two alternatives to least squares: A Monte Carlo study
by Phillips, Robert F.
- 27-39 A note on hypothesis testing based on the fully modified vector autoregression
by Yamada, Hiroshi & Toda, Hiro Y.
- 41-44 Interpreting the results of empirical analyses of intertemporal allocation: An identification problem
by Browning, Martin
- 45-49 A simple way to calculate the Gini coefficient, and some implications
by Milanovic, Branko
- 51-57 Can high-inequality developing countries escape absolute poverty?
by Ravallion, Martin
- 59-61 The specification of the probability functions in Tullock's rent-seeking contest
by Kooreman, Peter & Schoonbeek, Lambert
- 63-70 On imputing for financial services in the national accounts
by Hartwick, John M.
- 71-75 A note on the nonneutral taxation of indexed government bonds under alternative indexation schemes
by Zee, H. H.
- 77-83 Can the intertemporal budget constraint explain the Feldstein-Horioka puzzle?
by Jansen, W. Jos
- 85-88 Liquidity and foreign ownership restrictions
by Sie, Ting Lau & McCorry, Michael S. & McInish, Thomas H.
- 89-94 Aggregate demand externalities and labor supply decisions: Worker discouragement and market inefficiency
by Kaplan, E. & Dube, A.
- 95-99 The effect of education on fertility in Taiwan: A time series analysis
by Cheng, Benjamin S. & Nwachukwu, Savior L. S.
- 101-106 Compensation in part-time jobs versus full-time jobs What if the job is the same?
by Lettau, Michael K.
- 107-110 Hotelling and the New York stock exchange
by Yates, Andrew J.
- 111-119 Fixed cost assumptions in industrialisation theories
by Gans, Joshua S.
- 121-127 Can public sector employment spur human capital acquisition?
by Upadhyay, Mukti P.
September 1997, Volume 55, Issue 3
- 305-308 A difficulty with Nash's program: A proof of a special case
by Peleg, Bezalel
- 309-315 The absent-minded centipede
by Dulleck, Uwe & Oechssler, Jorg
- 317-319 A note on the link between income inequality and inflation
by Al-Marhubi, Fahim
- 321-325 Using all bids in parametric estimation of first-price auctions
by Li, Tong & Vuong, Quang
- 327-332 A note on the Boyd-McKenzie theorem
by Sun, Ning & Kusumoto, Sho-Ichiro
- 333-337 Two derivations of the uniform rule and an application to bankruptcy
by Schummer, James & Thomson, William
- 339-346 Strategy-proof division of a private good when preferences are single-dipped
by Klaus, Bettina & Peters, Hans & Storcken, Ton
- 347-353 The short- and long-run comparative statics of uncertainty
by Hennessy, David A.
- 355-360 Willingness to pay, the risk premium and risk aversion
by Eeckhoudt, L. & Godfroid, Ph. & Gollier, C.
- 361-363 Risk tolerance and value of information in the standard portfolio model
by Treich, Nicolas
- 365-369 The link between volatility and growth: Evidence from the States
by Dawson, John W. & Stephenson, E. Frank
- 371-377 The demand for money: Total transactions as the scale variable
by Howells, Peter & Hussein, Khaled
- 379-382 Relative prices and improvement of real factor rewards in several sectors
by Koo Yun, Kwan
- 383-390 Optimal export subsidy when demand is uncertain
by Fujimoto, Hiroaki & Park, Eun-Soo
- 391-395 The influence of traded and nontraded wages on relative prices and real exchange rates
by Strauss, Jack
- 397-402 Can nominal exchange rates be differenced to stationarity?
by Wu, Jyh-Lin & Chen, Show-Lin
- 403-407 Are malpractice insurance premiums a tort signal that influence physician hours worked?
by Thornton, James
- 409-412 Implications of the mobility of skilled labor for local public funding of higher education
by Justman, Moshe & Thisse, Jacques-Francois
- 413-418 Firm growth and ownership in transition countries
by Konings, Jozef
- 419-423 A note on the strategic choice of spatial price discrimination
by Eber, Nicolas
- 425-429 The empirics of economic growth for OECD countries: Some new findings
by Vasudeva Murthy, N. R. & Chien, I. S.
- 431-433 On the existence of a beliefs social equilibrium
by Fernandez de Cordoba, Gonzalo
- 435-440 Testing the inverted-U hypothesis for US hazardous waste: An application of the generalized gamma model
by Berrens, Robert P. & Bohara, Alok K. & Gawande, Kishore & Pingo Wang