Organization capital and firm performance. Empirical evidence for European firms
The paper assesses the impact of organization capital (OC) on firm performance for a sample of European firms. OC is proxied by capitalizing selling, general and administrative expenses, an income statement item. Results are robust and show the strong effect of OC on firm performance.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Elizabeth Webster & Paul H. Jensen, 2006. "Investment in Intangible Capital: An Enterprise Perspective," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(256), pages 82-96, 03.
- Sandro Montresor, 2004. "Resources, capabilities, competences and the theory of the firm," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(5), pages 409-434, October.
- Kim, H Youn, 1992. "The Translog Production Function and Variable Returns to Scale," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(3), pages 546-52, August.
- Black, Sandra E. & Lynch, Lisa M., 2005.
"Measuring Organizational Capital in the New Economy,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1524, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sandra E. Black & Lisa M. Lynch, 2005. "Measuring Organizational Capital in the New Economy," NBER Chapters, in: Measuring Capital in the New Economy, pages 205-236 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baruch Lev & Suresh Radhakrishnan, 2005. "The Valuation of Organization Capital," NBER Chapters, in: Measuring Capital in the New Economy, pages 73-110 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Supriyo De & Dilip Dutta, 2007. "Impact of Intangible Capital on Productivity and Growth: Lessons from the Indian Information Technology Software Industry," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 83(s1), pages S73-S86, 09.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:112:y:2011:i:2:p:141-143. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.