1994, Volume 46, Issue 3
- 273-279 Black-white male earnings and employment prospects in the 1970s and 1980s evidence for Britain
by Blackaby, D. H. & Clark, K. & Leslie, D. G. & Murphy, P. D.
- 281-287 Self-reinforcing mechanisms and interactive behaviour
by Agliardi, Elettra & Bebbington, Mark
- 289-289 A generalization of an aggregate almost ideal demand system (Economics letters, vol. 41, no. 4, 1993, pp. 369-371)
by Wang, Chin-lih
- 290-290 The measurement unit problem in estimating demand systems
by Chung, Ching-Fan
1994, Volume 46, Issue 2
- 97-104 Rational expectations in limited dependent variable models
by Lee, Lung-fei
- 105-111 Dynamic stability and learning processes in 2 x 2 coordination games
by Li, Shuhe
- 113-119 Moral hazard, renegotiation and debt
by Dionne, Georges & Viala, Pascale
- 121-129 Dynamic consistency, consequentialism and reduction of compound lotteries
by Volij, Oscar
- 131-136 Convergence of least squares learning to a non-stationary equilibrium
by Evans, George W. & Honkapohja, Seppo
- 137-142 Cyclicality of real wages among young men
by Shin, Donggyun
- 143-147 Adding bond funds to M2 in the P-Star model of inflation
by Becsi, Zsolt & Duca, John V.
- 149-158 Why do dividend yields forecast stock returns?
by Timmermann, Allan
- 159-166 Some estimates of the effects of unemployment insurance on re-employment duration
by Belzil, Christian
- 167-171 Manipulating Lindahl equilibrium via endowments
by Sertel, Murat R.
- 173-179 Relaxed speed limits and highway safety new evidence from California
by McCarthy, Patrick S.
- 181-182 A diagnostic test without numerical integration (Economics Letters 42, nos. 2-3, 1993, pp. 129-132)
by Ai, Chunrong & Cassou, Steven P.
- 183-183 Periodic properties of interpolated time series (Economics Letters 44, no. 3, 1994, pp. 221-228)
by Dezhbakhsh, Hashem & Levy, Daniel
1994, Volume 46, Issue 1
- 1-6 Weighted generalized least squares estimation for complex survey data
by Selden, Thomas M.
- 7-10 Connections between GARCH and stochastic coefficients (SC) models
by Swamy, P. A. V. B. & Tavlas, George S.
- 11-21 The shapley value of resale-proof trades
by Quint, Thomas & Quintas, Luis
- 23-26 A fixed-point theorem for decreasing mappings
by Kukushkin, Nikolai S.
- 27-31 A note on Pareto optimality in differential information economies
by Forges, Francoise
- 33-40 Repeat purchases under quality uncertainty
by Thoman, Lynda
- 41-48 The optimal consumption-wealth relation and the permanent income-life cycle hypothesis under recursive preferences
by Hayakawa, Hiroaki & Ishizawa, Suezo
- 49-54 Exchange rate variability and the flow of international trade
by Caporale, Tony & Doroodian, Khosrow
- 55-59 Residual securities and personal taxes
by Abraham Ravid, S.
- 61-67 Tax reform with sub-additive and nested-additive preferences
by Vennemo, Haakon
- 69-75 Neutrality and the private provision of public goods with incomplete information
by Gradstein, Mark & Nitzan, Shmuel & Slutsky, Steven
- 77-88 A new look at incentive effects and golf tournaments
by Orszag, Jonathan M.
- 89-95 The determinants of dismissals tests of the shirking model with individual data
by Campbell, Carl III
1994, Volume 45, Issue 4
- 427-431 Optimal vintage capital utilisation Supportability conditions
by de Mello, L. Jr.
- 433-439 Capital constraints and optimal hedging in factor markets
by Vercammen, James
- 441-446 On the optimality of cost-plus non-uniform pricing in vertical control problems
by Hurley, William
- 447-450 Monotonicity, dominance and the Pareto principle
by Amiel, Yoram & Cowell, Frank
- 451-457 Transfers or public good provision? A political allocation perspective
by Nitzan, Shmuel
- 459-465 The foreign exchange market efficiency hypothesis revisiting the puzzle
by Dutt, Swarna D.
- 467-470 Growth and its disparity in rich and poor regions
by Seale, James Jr. & Theil, Henri & Deepak, Sri Devi
- 471-474 Irrational behavior in the AT&T investment game
by Farrell, Joseph & Scotchmer, Suzanne
- 475-479 Budget shares, distributional characteristics and the direction of tax reform
by Navajas, Fernando & Porto, Alberto
- 481-485 Poverty rankings using noisy data on living standards
by Ravallion, Martin
- 487-493 Recent trends in white-black earnings differentials
by Ashraf, Javed
- 495-499 A note on the substitution between wage and non-wage benefits in spot labour markets
by Drakopoulos, S. A.
- 501-505 The turnover costs and the Solow condition in an efficiency wage model with intertemporal optimization
by Lin, Chung-cheng & Lai, Ching-chong
- 507-512 Knowledge-based growth with exogenous population evolution : A balanced growth analysis
by Tran-Nam, Binh & NgheTruong, Cong
- 513-517 Inequality aversion, resource depletion and sustainability
by Collard, David
1994, Volume 45, Issue 3
- 267-271 Efficiency of least-squares-estimation of polynomial trend when residuals are autocorrelated
by Busse, Ralf & Jeske, Roland & Kramer, Walter
- 273-279 Testing for unit roots in seasonally adjusted data
by Olekalns, Nilss
- 281-285 Long-range dependence in the conditional variance of stock returns
by Crato, Nuno & de Lima, Pedro J. F.
- 287-291 Fractional integration analysis of long-run behavior for US macroeconomic time series
by Crato, Nuno & Rothman, Philip
- 293-297 A note on calculating the autocovariances of the fractionally integrated ARMA models
by Chung, Ching-Fan
- 299-303 Status variables in fixed-effect models
by Haberfeld, Yitchak
- 305-308 A note on measurement error and Euler equations : An alternative to log-linear approximations
by Ventura, Eva
- 309-313 A range-CUSUM test with recursive residuals
by Kuan, Chung-Ming
- 315-318 On the relation between Nash equilibria and undominated strategies for two person, finite games
by Jackson, Matthew O. & Srivastava, Sanjay
- 319-322 Investment under uncertainty and the value of the firm
by Episcopos, Athanasios
- 323-327 Borrowing constraints, income expectations and the Euler equation : Theory and evidence
by Antzoulatos, Angelos A.
- 329-334 Unemployment persistence under profit sharing
by Georges, Christophre
- 335-341 Is the UK treasury bill rate a good proxy for expected inflation in the United Kingdom?
by Andrade, Isabel & Clare, Andrew
- 343-347 Product quality regulation in open economies : Implications for trade
by Anderson, R. K.
- 349-353 Profit-sharing and welfare in an export subsidy game
by Tanaka, Yasuhito
- 355-359 Pareto ranking optimal tariffs under foreign monopoly
by Kowalczyk, Carsten & Skeath, Susan E.
- 361-366 Temporal dependence in asset pricing models
by Turtle, Harry J.
- 367-371 Occupational segregation and wages in Australia
by Miller, Paul W.
- 373-377 The duration of unemployment as a signal
by Kollman, Robert
- 379-383 On the economic efficiency of liquidated damages
by Spiegel, Yossef
- 385-389 A note on backward compatibility
by Kende, Michael
- 391-395 The impact of taxes on the privatization of municipal services
by McGuire, Robert A. & Ohsfeldt, Robert L.
- 397-405 Buy-in through goldplating : The effect of defense profit policy on quality determination
by Che, Yeon-Koo
- 407-412 The Moebius strip and a social choice paradox
by Candeal, Juan Carlos & Indurain, Esteban
- 413-419 Social rents, interest rates, and growth
by Caballe, Jordi & Manresa, Antonio
- 421-426 Time-of-use electricity pricing : Evidence from a British experiment
by Henley, Andrew & Peirson, John
1994, Volume 45, Issue 2
- 125-129 Computation of the GLS estimator of a model with anticipated and unanticipated effects
by Higgins, Matthew L.
- 131-136 Non-parametric test of derivative restrictions robust to functional misspecification
by Lee, Byung-Joo
- 137-144 A comparison of tests of linear hypotheses in cointegrated vector autoregressive models
by Psaradakis, Zacharias
- 145-153 Prewhitened unit root test
by Maekawa, Koichi
- 155-160 Some forecasting applications of partially adaptive estimators of ARIMA models
by McDonald, James B. & Xu, Yexiao
- 161-167 Statistical inference for decile means
by Beach, Charles M. & Chow, K. Victor & Formby, John P. & Slotsve, George A.
- 169-174 Optimal properties of exponentially weighted forecasts in the presence of different information sources
by Satchell, Steve & Timmermann, Allan
- 175-179 The Nash solution and Independence of Revealed Irrelevant Alternatives
by Mariotti, Marco
- 181-183 A simple extension of the Dasgupta-Maskin existence theorem for discontinuous games with an application to the theory of rent-seeking
by Yang, Chun-Lei
- 185-189 Repeated decisions and attitudes to risk
by Ansic, David & Keasey, Kevin
- 191-195 Homothetic non-parametric production models
by Primont, Daniel & Primont, Diane
- 197-202 Social efficiency of bubbles in the Grossman and Helpman endogenous growth model
by Nyssen, Jules
- 203-205 The random walk hypothesis of the exchange rate : Implications for a risk premium
by Pikoulakis, Emmanuel & Mills, Terence C.
- 207-212 Optimal policies in a dynamic oligopoly model of international trade
by Patel, Urjit R.
- 213-216 Tariff behavior in five European countries: Further evidence
by Bohara, Alok K. & Kaempfer, William H.
- 217-222 Price-preference vs. tariff policies in government procurement auctions
by Kim, In-Gyu
- 223-226 The transfer problem in the context of public goods
by Kemp, Murray C. & Abe, Kenzo
- 227-232 Daily seasonality in stock returns : Further international evidence
by Peiro, Amado
- 233-236 Inside information and management buyouts of closely held firms
by Liebler, Robert J.
- 237-243 A theorem of voting rules and budget deficits
by Groves, Theodore
- 245-251 Nash equilibrium with mark-up-pricing oligopolists
by Grant, Simon & Quiggin, John
- 253-257 Why are extended warranties so expensive?
by Chen, Zhiqi & Ross, Thomas W.
- 259-265 Portfolio characterization of risk aversion
by Wang, Zhenyu & Werner, Jan
1994, Volume 45, Issue 1
- 1-5 On the power of unit root tests against fractional alternatives
by Hassler, Uwe & Wolters, Jurgen
- 7-13 A diagnostic test for the sources of persistence in individuals' decisions
by Shachar, Ron
- 15-22 Aggregate output dynamics in the twentieth century
by Cheung, Yin-Wong
- 23-31 Is there a unit root in U.S. real GNP? : A re-assessment
by Naci Mocan, H.
- 33-40 Estimation of sample selection bias models by the maximum likelihood estimator and Heckman's two-step estimator
by Nawata, Kazumitsu
- 41-46 An alternative characterization of the extended claim-egalitarian solution
by Marco Gil, Maria del Carmen
- 47-50 Empirical evidence of political influence on the size distribution of income in the United States (1959-1991)
by Du, Qiang
- 51-53 Increases in prudence and increases in risk aversion
by Eeckhoudt, Louis & Schlesinger, Harris
- 55-57 Three-moments ranking and expected-utility maximization : A sufficient condition for the if-type consistency
by Kang, Joseph C.
- 59-62 Money and markets
by Kultti, Klaus
- 63-68 Should we test the life cycle--permanent income hypothesis with food consumption data?
by Shea, John
- 69-71 The importance of monetary shocks : Evidence from pre-Federal Reserve data
by McKierman, Barbara
- 73-77 Risky storage and the value of money
by Kitagawa, Akiomi
- 79-84 Can revenue maximizing export taxes yield higher welfare than welfare maximizing export taxes?
by Panagariya, Arvind & Schiff, Maurice
- 85-92 Temporary foreign exchange subsidies, anticipated devaluation, and the Mexdollar anomaly
by Rogers, John H.
- 93-102 Persistence in real variables under alternative exchange rate regimes : Some multi-country evidence
by Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Kalyvitis, Sarantis & Pittis, Nikitas
- 103-111 A microscopic model of the stock market : Cycles, booms, and crashes
by Levy, Moshe & Levy, Haim & Solomon, Sorin
- 113-118 A note on product tampering
by Choi, Chong Ju & Gettings, Stephen & Scarpa, Carlo
- 119-123 Partial vertical integration under market uncertainty
by Wang, Xinghe
1994, Volume 44, Issue 4
- 349-352 Semiparametric median estimation of the Type 3 Tobit model
by Chen, Songnian
- 359-364 Discriminating between errors-in- variables/simultaneity and misspecification in linear regression models
by Godfrey, L. G. & Hutton, J. P.
- 365-370 Forecasting performance of seasonal-dummy models relative to some alternatives
by Abeysinghe, Tilak
- 371-376 Coalition formation in games of fair division
by Tatamitani, Yoshikatsu
- 377-380 Strongly consistent two-player game forms
by Abdou, J.
- 381-384 Arrow's choice axiom
by Campbell, Donald E.
- 385-388 Maximal elements of not necessarily acyclic binary relations
by Peris, Josep E. & Subiza, Begona
- 389-395 Vanity, superstition and auction price
by Woo, Chi-Keung & Kwok, Raymond H. F.
- 397-401 An alternative proof of the Hurwicz (1972) impossibility theorem
by Banerjee, Samiran
- 403-406 Duality between discounted and undiscounted models of optimal growth for a class of utility functions
by Joshi, Sumit
- 407-409 What is the neutrality of money?
by Marty, Alvin L.
- 411-414 On an additional condition for factor-price equalisation in intertemporal Heckscher-Ohlin models
by Walde, Klaus
- 415-420 Import prices, export prices and the current account : An asymmetry
by Chen, Lein Lein & Devereux, John
- 421-426 Pricing of permanent and transitory volatility for U.S. stock returns : A composite GARCH model
by den Hertog, ReneG. J.
- 427-432 Should we care? psychological barriers in stock markets
by Koedijk, Kees G. & Stork, Philip A.
- 433-437 A cointegration test of the optimal seigniorage model
by Fukuta, Yuichi & Shibata, Akihisa
- 439-442 Regional capital imbalances and the removal of interstate banking restrictions
by Gunther, Jeffrey W.
- 443-449 Who should abate carbon emissions? : An international viewpoint
by Chichilnisky, Graciela & Heal, Geoffrey
- 451-452 Revelation in informational dynamic settings (Economics letters 33, 1990, pp. 237-239)
by Burguet, Roberto
1994, Volume 44, Issue 3
- 221-228 Periodic properties of interpolated time series
by Dezhbakhsh, Hashem & Levy, Daniel
- 229-233 Bootstrapping cointegrating regression
by Li, Yikang
- 235-239 Implementing the fluctuation and moving-estimates tests in dynamic econometric models
by Kuan, Chung-Ming & Chen, Mei-Yuan
- 241-248 Rational risk valuation given sequential reduction opportunities
by Shogren, Jason F. & Crocker, Thomas D.
- 249-253 The effects of discounting opportunities in laboratory posted-offer markets
by Davis, Douglas D. & Holt, Charles A.
- 255-259 Walrasian and constrained Walrasian correspondences and Nash implementation
by Hong, Lu
- 261-265 Present value based portfolio choice
by Friis, Svend-Holger & Speckbacher, Gerhard
- 267-272 Evaluating multiperiod survey forecasts of real net exports
by Baghestani, Hamid
- 273-280 Does comovement among exchange rates imply market inefficiency?
by Baffes, John
- 281-285 Sticky import prices and J-curves
by Bacchetta, Philippe & Gerlach, Stefan
- 287-294 Uncertain liquidity and interbank contracting
by Bhattacharya, Sudipto & Fulghieri, Paolo
- 295-299 Too much conformity? : A hotelling model of local public goods supply
by Hohaus, Bolko & Konrad, Kai A. & Thum, Marcel
- 301-305 U.S. nursing homes : Are they cost efficient?
by Hofler, Richard A. & Rungeling, Brian
- 307-311 German wage curves, 1979-1990
by Wagner, Joachim
- 313-321 Explaining language proficiency : Objective versus self-assessed measures of literacy
by Charette, Michael & Meng, Ronald
- 323-328 Sequential or non-sequential employers' search?
by Abbring, J. H. & van Ours, J. C.
- 329-332 The empirical specification of price-cost margins
by Dickson, Vaughan
- 333-337 Why does schooling generate economic growth?
by Glaeser, Edward L.
- 339-343 Taxing pollution in an international duopoly context
by Hung, N. M.
- 345-345 Currency substitution and the optimal inflation tax (economics letters 42, no. 1, 1993, pp. 65-70)
by Guidotti, Pablo E. & Vegh, Carlos A.
- 347-347 The optimal extraction rate of a natural resource under uncertainty (economics letters 43, no. 2, 1993, pp. 231-234)
by Feliz, Raul Anibal
1994, Volume 44, Issue 1-2
- 1-7 A generalization of the non-parametric Henriksson-Merton test of market timing
by Pesaran, M. Hashem & Timmermann, Allan G.
- 9-19 Exploiting cross-section variation for unit root inference in dynamic data
by Quah, Danny
- 21-26 Preliminary-test estimation in a dynamic linear model
by Giles, David E. A. & Cunneen, Matthew C.
- 27-33 Estimating labor supply with panel data
by Smith Conway, Karen & Kniesner, Thomas J.
- 35-41 Excess volatility : A testing strategy
by McDermott, C. John
- 43-47 Strong hysteresis versus zero-root dynamics
by Amable, Bruno & Henry, Jerome & Lordon, Frederic & Topol, Richard
- 49-53 Homeomorphism between Leontief and Cobb-Douglas input-output models
by Burres, David
- 55-59 A note on beliefs formation in signalling games
by Olcina, G. & Urbano, A.
- 61-66 Enhancing bargaining power with most-favored-customer pricing
by Neilson, William S. & Winter, Harold
- 67-72 Optimal consumption dynamics with non-concave habit-forming utility
by Orphanides, Athanasios & Zervos, David
- 73-77 On the exploitation of additional duality relationships in consumer demand analysis
by Cooper, Russel J.
- 79-82 General consumer demand systems
by Cooper, Russel J.
- 83-86 A class of differential demand systems
by Neves, Pedro Duarte
- 87-90 Sequential auctions of stochastically equivalent objects
by Engelbrecht-Wiggans, Richard
- 91-97 T-period economies with incomplete markets
by Florenzano, Monique & Gourdel, Pascal
- 99-102 Inada's condition implies equilibrium existence is rare
by Monteiro, Paulo Klinger
- 103-108 Experimentation and learning with networks effects
by Fishman, Arthur & Gandal, Neil
- 109-111 Capital subsidy and the saving-- investment correlation in a model with perfect capital mobility
by Sen, Partha
- 119-121 Inflation and relative price variability : A comment
by Eden, Benjamin
- 123-126 Composition effect and economic fluctuations
by Gallegati, Mauro
- 127-132 Monetary uncertainty in discrete-time utility-of-money models
by Rankin, Neil
- 133-137 On the symmetry between inflation and exchange rate targets
by Gerlach, Stefan
- 139-146 Quantitative assessment of tariff endogeneity : Interwar vs. postwar
by Das, Sanghamitra & Das, Satya P.
- 147-151 Win-win indirect tax reform : A modest proposal
by Hatzipanayotou, Panos & Michael, Michael S. & Miller, Stephen M.
- 153-157 Market equilibrium effects of incentives to foreign direct investment
by Barros, Pedro Pita
- 159-164 On the imperfect substitutability of policy regimes : Exchange rate targetting vs policy coordination
by Hallet, A. J. Hughes
- 165-168 Capital markets, the separation property and hedging
by Broll, Udo & Zilcha, Itzhak
- 169-174 The forward exchange rate premium : The case of Hong Kong
by Tang, D. P. & Lee, S. R. & Thangkasemvathana, Benjaporn
- 175-180 Abnormal expected utility and event study abnormal returns
by Levy, Haim & Gunthorpe, Deborah
- 181-190 Risk aversion, imperfect competition, and long-lived information
by Holden, Craig W. & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar
- 191-195 Ricardian equivalence for local government bonds : Budget constraint approach
by Akai, Nobuo
- 197-203 A specification test of the determinants of male-female occupational differences
by Gupta, Nabanita Datta
- 205-213 Strict liability and negligence rules when the product is information
by Thoman, Lynda
- 215-220 Cross-sector export 'externalities' in developing countries
by Bilginsoy, Cihan & Khan, Shahrukh R.
1993, Volume 43, Issue 2
- 125-128 Missing measurements in econometric models with no auxiliary relations
by Verbeek, Marno
- 129-135 Misspecification tests, unit roots and level shifts
by Hecq, Alain & Urbain, Jean-Pierre
- 137-142 Estimating fractionally integrated time series models
by Beveridge, Steve & Oickle, Cyril
- 143-147 On the power of point optimal tests of the trend stationarity hypothesis
by Hwang, Jaeyoun & Schmidt, Peter
- 149-155 Do standards of living converge? : Some cross-country evidence
by Evans, Paul & Karras, Georgios
- 163-166 Cointegration, causality and export-led growth in Portugal, 1865-1985
by Oxley, Les
- 167-170 Weak exogeneity and dynamic stability in cointegrated VARs
by Fischer, Andreas M.
- 171-175 Russell on Gorman's Engel curves : A correction
by Jerison, Michael
- 177-182 Income distribution, Pareto laws and regular variation
by Merkies, Arnold H. Q. M. & Steyn, Ivo J.
- 183-186 The principal--agent problem when the agent has access to outside markets
by Garvey, Gerald T.
- 187-192 Consistency of mean-variance analysis and expected utility analysis : A complete characterization
by Bigelow, John Payne
- 193-197 A solution to a class of agency problems, with application to the question of limited liability
by Mehta, Shailendra Raj
- 199-203 Temporary cuts in government spending as an anti-inflationary device
by Palokangas, Tapio