On estimating firm-level production functions using proxy variables to control for unobservables
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ackerberg, Daniel & Caves, Kevin & Frazer, Garth, 2006. "Structural identification of production functions," MPRA Paper 38349, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Olley, G Steven & Pakes, Ariel, 1996.
"The Dynamics of Productivity in the Telecommunications Equipment Industry,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(6), pages 1263-1297, November.
- G. Steven Olley & Ariel Pakes, 1992. "The Dynamics of Productivity in the Telecommunications Equipment Industry," NBER Working Papers 3977, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George S Olley & Ariel Pakes, 1992. "The Dynamics Of Productivity In The Telecommunications Equipment Industry," Working Papers 92-2, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Amil Petrin & Brian P. Poi & James Levinsohn, 2004. "Production function estimation in Stata using inputs to control for unobservables," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 4(2), pages 113-123, June.
- James Levinsohn & Amil Petrin, 2003. "Estimating Production Functions Using Inputs to Control for Unobservables," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(2), pages 317-341.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1996. "Estimating systems of equations with different instruments for different equations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 387-405, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mohamed Amara & Khaled Thabet, 2019.
"Firm and regional factors of productivity: a multilevel analysis of Tunisian manufacturing,"
The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 63(1), pages 25-51, August.
- Mohamed Amara & Khaled Thabet, 2016. "Firm and Regional Factors of Productivity: A Multilevel Analysis of Tunisian Manufacturing," Working Papers 1041, Economic Research Forum, revised 09 Jan 2016.
- Roberto Martino & Phu Nguyen-Van, 2014.
"Labour market regulation and fiscal parameters: A structural model for European regions,"
Working Papers of BETA
2014-19, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Roberto Martino & Phu Nguyen-Van, 2015. "Labour market regulation and fiscal parameters: a structural model for European regions," Discussion Papers 2015/200, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Waldkirch, Andreas & Ofosu, Andra, 2010.
"Foreign Presence, Spillovers, and Productivity: Evidence from Ghana,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 1114-1126, August.
- Waldkirch, Andreas & Ofosu, Andra, 2008. "Foreign Presence, Spillovers, and Productivity: Evidence from Ghana," MPRA Paper 8577, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Petrick, Martin & Kloss, Mathias, 2013.
"Identifying Factor Productivity from Micro-data: The case of EU agriculture,"
144004, Factor Markets, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Petrick, Martin & Kloss, Mathias, 2018. "Identifying factor productivity from micro-data: The case of EU agriculture," IAMO Discussion Papers 171, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO).
- Petrick, Martin & Kloss, Mathias, 2018. "Identifying factor productivity from micro-data: the case of EU agriculture," IAMO Discussion Papers 271870, Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO).
- Petrick, Matin & Kloss, Mathias, 2013. "Identifying Factor Productivity from Micro-data: The case of EU agriculture," Factor Markets Working Papers 144, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Alexander Schiersch, 2015. "TFP, Labor Productivity and the (Un)observed Labor Input: Temporary Agency Work," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1532, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Vincenzo Mollisi & Gabriele Rovigatti, 2017. "Theory and Practice of TFP Estimation: the Control Function Approach Using Stata," CEIS Research Paper 399, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 14 Feb 2017.
- Michel Serafinelli, 2015. "'Good' Firms, Worker Flows and Local Productivity," Working Paper series 15-29, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- K. Lenaerts & B. Merlevede, 2012. "Supply Chain Fragmentation and Spillovers from Foreign Direct Investment," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 12/822, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Stephan Kyburz, Huong Quynh Nguyen, 2017. "Does Proximity to Foreign Invested Firms Stimulate Productivity Growth of Domestic Firms? Firmlevel Evidence from Vietnam," Diskussionsschriften credresearchpaper16, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft - CRED.
- Petrick, Martin & Kloss, Mathias, 2013. "Synthesis Report on the Impact of Capital Use," Factor Markets Working Papers 169, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Kılınç, Umut, 2014. "Estimating entrants' productivity when prices are unobserved," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 640-647.
- Bruno Merlevede & Koen Schoors & Mariana Spatareanu, 2010. "Knowledge Spillovers and the Timing of Foreign Entry," Working Papers Rutgers University, Newark 2010-001, Department of Economics, Rutgers University, Newark.
- Petrick, Martin & Kloss, Mathias, 2013. "Identifying Factor Productivity by Dynamic Panel Data and Control Function Approaches: A Comparative Evaluation for EU Agriculture," 53rd Annual Conference, Berlin, Germany, September 25-27, 2013 156104, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- repec:zbw:iamodp:271870 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nguyen, Huong, 2016. "Does Proximity to Foreign Invested Firms Stimulate Productivity Growth of Domestic Firms? Firm-level Evidence from Vietnam," Papers 1001, World Trade Institute.
- Amil Petrin & Jagadeesh Sivadasan, 2006.
"Job Security Does Affect Economic Efficiency: Theory, A New Statistic, and Evidence from Chile,"
NBER Working Papers
12757, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jagadeesh Sivadasan & Amil Petrin, 2007. "Job Security Does Affect Economic Efficiency, Theory, A New Statistic, and Evidence from Chile," 2007 Meeting Papers 183, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Schiersch, Alexander, 2016. "Considering the (Un)observed: temporary agency work in productivity estimations," VfS Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145749, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Lin, Ping & Liu, Zhuomin & Zhang, Yifan, 2009. "Do Chinese domestic firms benefit from FDI inflow?: Evidence of horizontal and vertical spillovers," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 677-691, December.
- Frick, Fabian & Sauer, Johannes, 2016. "Deregulation And Productivity – Empirical Evidence On Dairy Production," 56th Annual Conference, Bonn, Germany, September 28-30, 2016 244884, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Roberto Alvarez & Ricardo A. López, 2008. "Is Exporting a Source of Productivity Spillovers?," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 144(4), pages 723-749, December.
- Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés & Tselios, Vassilis & Winkler, Deborah & Farole, Thomas, 2013.
"Geography and the Determinants of Firm Exports in Indonesia,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 225-240.
- Farole, Thomas & Rodriguez-Pose, Andres & Tselios, Vassilis & Winkler, Deborah, 2013. "Geography and the Determinants of Firm Exports in Indonesia," CEPR Discussion Papers 9342, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
KeywordsProduction function Panel data Proxy variables Generalized method of moments;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:104:y:2009:i:3:p:112-114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.