July 2000, Volume 68, Issue 1
- 31-36 Generalized bivariate count data regression models
by Gurmu, Shiferaw & Elder, John
- 37-41 Caution in macroeconomic policy: uncertainty and the relative intensity of policy
by Mercado, P. Ruben & Kendrick, David A.
- 43-49 On a characterization of stable matchings
by Adachi, Hiroyuki
- 51-53 Growth with unintended bequests
by Cipriani, Giam Pietro
- 55-59 Preferences over valuation distributions in auctions
by Hennessy, David A.
- 61-66 Auctions when bidders prepare by investing in ideas
by Jeitschko, Thomas D. & Wolfstetter, Elmar
- 67-77 Solving consumption models with multiplicative habits
by Carroll, Christopher D.
- 79-84 A further generalization of the Solow growth model: the role of the public sector
by Bajo-Rubio, Oscar
- 85-88 The Feldstein-Horioka puzzle revisited
by Sachsida, Adolfo & Caetano, Marcelo Abi-Ramia
- 89-93 Exchange rate overshooting in Turkey
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Kara, Orhan
- 95-99 Welfare-maximizing tax structure in a model with human capital
by Gomez, Manuel A.
- 101-107 Market structure, cost asymmetries, and fiscal policy effectiveness
by Molana, Hassan & Montagna, Catia
- 109-112 Economic growth and geographic proximity
by Attfield, C. L. F. & Cannon, Edmund S. & Demery, D. & Duck, Nigel W.
June 2000, Volume 67, Issue 3
- 239-243 A jackknife interpretation of the continuous updating estimator
by Donald, Stephen G. & Newey, Whitney K.
- 245-251 Can portmanteau nonlinearity tests serve as general mis-specification tests?: Evidence from symmetric and asymmetric GARCH models
by Brooks, Chris & Henry, Olan T.
- 253-260 Imposing local concavity in the translog and generalized Leontief cost functions
by Ryan, David L. & Wales, Terence J.
- 261-271 Alternative representation for asymptotic distributions of impulse responses in cointegrated VAR systems
by Arai, Yoichi & Yamamoto, Taku
- 273-281 An algebraic interpretation of cointegration
by Neusser, Klaus
- 283-288 Solution and control of linear rational expectations models with structural effects from future instruments
by Blake, Andrew P.
- 289-295 Two further empirical implications of Auspitz-Lieben-Edgeworth-Pareto complementarity
by Weber, Christian E.
- 297-301 Provision of a public good with bounded cost
by Al-Najjar, Nabil I. & Smorodinsky, Rann
- 303-308 Indifference and the uniform rule
by Ehlers, Lars
- 309-314 Elasticity of demand for search
by Arnold, Michael A. & Lippman, Steven A.
- 315-323 A note on distribution in a vote bidding game with general interest and single issue voters
by Coram, Alex T.
- 325-330 Long memory story of the real interest rate
by Tsay, Wen-Jen
- 331-336 A national accounting system for worker flows
by Broersma, Lourens & den Butter, Frank A. G. & Kock, Udo
- 337-343 Informative advertising and entry deterrence: a Bertrand model
by Ishigaki, Hiroaki
- 345-348 Existence and uniqueness of Cournot equilibrium: a contraction mapping approach
by Van Long, Ngo & Soubeyran, Antoine
- 349-351 Anomalies in net present value calculations
by Oehmke, James F.
May 2000, Volume 67, Issue 2
- 121-129 Non-causality in VAR-ECM models with purely exogeneous long-run paths
by Rault, Christophe
- 131-137 Quantiles for t-statistics based on M-estimators of unit roots
by Abadir, Karim M. & Lucas, Andre
- 139-146 A Beveridge-Nelson smoother
by Proietti, Tommaso & Harvey, Andrew
- 147-152 Why do you hate me?: On the survival of spite
by Dufwenberg, Martin & Guth, Werner
- 153-158 Explicit Lagrange multiplier for firms facing a debt ceiling constraint1
by Chatelain, Jean-Bernard
- 159-164 Optimal monetary policy with a nonlinear Phillips curve
by Nobay, A. R. & Peel, D. A.
- 165-171 The Taylor rule and interest rates in the EMU area
by Gerlach, Stefan & Schnabel, Gert
- 173-178 Necessary conditions for welfare improving reforms
by Ju, Jiandong & Krishna, Kala
- 179-186 International relocation: firm and industry determinants
by Pennings, Enrico & Sleuwaegen, Leo
- 187-192 Do high interest rates stem capital outflows?
by Pakko, Michael R.
- 193-200 Measuring the temporary component of stock prices: robust multivariate analysis
by Gallagher, Liam A. & Taylor, Mark P.
- 201-207 Business success and businesses' beauty capital
by Pfann, Gerard A. & Biddle, Jeff E. & Hamermesh, Daniel S. & Bosman, Ciska M.
- 209-216 How important is anticipation of divorce in married women's labor supply decisions? An intercohort comparison using NLS data
by Sen, Bisakha
- 217-222 Does a firm apply a consistent pay standard to all of its workforce?
by Cardoso, Ana Rute
- 223-229 Labor market adjustment in transition economies with on-the-job search
by Brixiova, Zuzana & Yousef, Tarik
- 231-237 Demographic transition pattern in a small country
by Momota, Akira & Futagami, Koichi
April 2000, Volume 67, Issue 1
- 1-3 Don't fool yourself to believe you won't fool yourself again
by Segal, Uzi
- 5-9 Testing for cointegration: power versus frequency of observation -- further Monte Carlo results
by Otero, Jesus & Smith, Jeremy
- 11-13 Long-run and short-run co-movement in UK consumption and income
by Cook, Steven
- 15-21 More on tax perception and labour supply: the Spanish case
by Arrazola, Maria & de Hevia, Jose & Sanz, Jose F.
- 23-27 Distributional properties of the uniform rule in economies with single-peaked preferences
by Chun, Youngsub
- 29-33 The certainty effect and boundary effects with transformed probabilities
by Schmidt, Ulrich
- 35-41 And a vision appeared unto them of a great profit: evidence of self-deception among the self-employed
by Arabsheibani, Gholamreza & de Meza, David & Maloney, John & Pearson, Bernard
- 43-48 Myopia, liquidity constraints, and aggregate consumption: what do the data say?
by Perez, Stephen J.
- 53-60 Myopic and perfect foresight in the OLG model
by Michel, Philippe & de la Croix, David
- 61-68 A currency crisis model with a misaligned central parity: a stochastic analysis
by Corrado, Luisa & Holly, Sean
- 69-74 An heterogeneous expectations target zone model
by Torres, Jose L.
- 75-85 The effect of food stamp cashout on undernutrition
by Bishop, John A. & Formby, John P. & Zeager, Lester A.
- 87-92 Wage disparity and team productivity: evidence from major league baseball
by DepkenII, Craig A.
- 93-98 Supervision and effort in an intertemporal efficiency wage model: the role of the Solow condition
by Faria, Joao Ricardo
- 99-104 The academic performance of legacies
by Monks, James
- 105-112 Heterogeneity-promoting optimal procurement
by Ganuza, Juan-Jose & Pechlivanos, Lambros
- 113-119 Do consumers benefit from tighter price cap regulation?
by Kang, Jaesung & Weisman, Dennis L. & Zhang, Mingyuan
March 2000, Volume 66, Issue 3
- 241-248 A biological approach to economics through fertility
by Grafen, Alan
- 249-255 On the power and interpretation of panel unit root tests
by Karlsson, Sune & Lothgren, Mickael
- 257-260 A simple and efficient test for Zipf's law
by Urzua, Carlos M.
- 261-264 On the Hsiao definition of non-causality
by Triacca, Umberto
- 265-273 Lagrangian transposition identities and reciprocal pairs of constrained optimization problems
by Caputo, Michael R.
- 275-282 Fairness as a constraint on trust in reciprocity: earned property rights in a reciprocal exchange experiment
by Fahr, Rene & Irlenbusch, Bernd
- 283-287 On the existence of a pure strategy Nash equilibrium in group formation games
by Hollard, Guillaume
- 289-295 Best-response potential games
by Voorneveld, Mark
- 297-301 Existence of a Markov perfect equilibrium in a third market model
by Castro, Sofia & Brandao, Antonio
- 303-310 Monopolistic competition with a mail order business
by Bouckaert, Jan
- 311-317 An alternative characterization of the equal-distance rule for allocation problems with single-peaked preferences
by Herrero, Carmen & Villar, Antonio
- 319-325 Irreversible investment under uncertainty and the threat of bankruptcy
by Vercammen, James
- 327-331 Is the bad news principle for real?
by Svensson, Jakob
- 333-336 A method for solving multi-region models
by van Wincoop, Eric
- 337-345 Productivity convergence in OECD manufacturing industries
by Carree, M. A. & Klomp, L. & Thurik, A. R.
- 347-351 Observed and unobserved heterogeneity in the duration dependency parameter
by Rosholm, Michael
- 353-359 Heterogeneous or homogeneous quantity competition
by Kline, J. Jude
- 361-368 Leasing versus selling and firm efficiency in oligopoly
by Saggi, Kamal & Vettas, Nikolaos
February 2000, Volume 66, Issue 2
- 121-126 MCMC algorithms for two recent Bayesian limited information estimators
by Gao, Chuanming & Lahiri, Kajal
- 127-136 Real exchange rate behavior in the Middle East: a re-examination
by Sarno, Lucio
- 137-142 Is there a permanent component in US real GDP
by Strauss, Jack
- 143-150 Measuring the performance of foreign direct investment: a case study of China
by Wu, Yanrui
- 151-157 Dealing with bottled water expenditures data with zero observations: a semiparametric specification
by Yoo, Seung-Hoon & Yang, Chang-Young
- 163-169 Trade as transfers, GATT and the core
by Kowalczyk, Carsten & Sjostrom, Tomas
- 171-178 Pure communication between agents with close preferences
by Spector, David
- 179-182 A problem with Euclidean preferences in spatial models of politics
by Milyo, Jeffrey
- 183-189 Weak independence and veto power
by Campbell, Donald E. & Kelly, Jerry S.
- 191-197 The probability that all weighted scoring rules elect the same winner
by Gehrlein, William V. & Lepelley, Dominique
- 199-202 Corruption and inflation
by Al-Marhubi, Fahim A.
- 203-208 German monetary unification and the stability of the German M3 money demand function
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Bohl, Martin T.
- 209-214 The expectations hypothesis of the term structure of interest rates, open interest rate parity and central bank policy reaction
by Kugler, Peter
- 215-222 Mean reversion of the current account: evidence from the panel data unit-root test
by Wu, Jyh-Lin
- 223-228 Preference-free optimal hedging using futures
by Rao, Vadhindran K.
- 229-233 A Nash tax game extending the generality of the Henry George Theorem
by Kunce, Mitch
- 235-240 Credit rationing or entrepreneurial risk aversion? An alternative explanation for the Evans and Jovanovic finding
by Cressy, Robert
January 2000, Volume 66, Issue 1
- 1-6 Some tests on the effects of inflation targeting in New Zealand, Canada, and the UK
by Honda, Yuzo
- 7-15 Non-causality in VAR-ECM models with purely exogenous long-run paths
by Rault, Christophe
- 17-23 Is the Japanese economy in a liquidity trap?
by Hondroyiannis, George & Swamy, P. A. V. B. & Tavlas, George S.
- 25-31 A note on the proper econometric specification of the gravity equation
by Egger, Peter
- 33-39 The relationship between treatment parameters within a latent variable framework
by Heckman, James J. & Vytlacil, Edward J.
- 41-48 Comparative statics predictions for the cross-effects of central dominance changes in risk with quasilinear payoffs
by Choi, Gyemyung & Kim, Iltae & Snow, Arthur
- 49-54 Maxmin expected utility through statewise combinations
by Casadesus-Masanell, Ramon & Klibanoff, Peter & Ozdenoren, Emre
- 55-58 Sunk cost effects: a test of the importance of context
by Keasey, Kevin & Moon, Philip
- 59-63 Menu costs, firm size and price rigidity
by Buckle, Robert A. & Carlson, John A.
- 65-70 Optimal consumption when capital markets are imperfect
by Scott, Andrew
- 71-77 Further evidence on the variability of inflation and relative price variability
by Chang, Eric C. & Cheng, Joseph W.
- 79-83 The term spread as a monthly cyclical indicator: an evaluation
by Boulier, Bryan L. & Stekler, H. O.
- 85-91 The preferred hedge instrument
by Battermann, Harald L. & Braulke, Michael & Broll, Udo & Schimmelpfennig, Jorg
- 93-98 Search theory and the wage curve
by Sato, Yasuhiro
- 99-105 A dynamic efficiency wage model with learning by doing
by Jellal, Mohamed & Zenou, Yves
- 107-112 Short- and long-term unemployment
by Portugal, Pedro & Addison, John T.
- 113-119 On the optimal marginal rate of income tax
by Myles, Gareth D.
December 1999, Volume 65, Issue 3
- 265-273 Does risk aversion or attraction depend on income? An experiment
by Bosch-Domenech, Antoni & Silvestre, Joaquim
- 275-279 Multiscale behaviour of volatility autocorrelations in a financial market
by Pasquini, Michele & Serva, Maurizio
- 281-284 A simple linear time series model with misleading nonlinear properties
by Andersson, Michael K. & Eklund, Bruno & Lyhagen, Johan
- 285-291 A note on tests for partial parameter instability in the trend stationary model
by Kuan, Chung-Ming
- 293-299 Nonparametric, nonlinear, short-term forecasting: theory and evidence for nonlinearities in the commodity markets
by Agnon, Yehuda & Golan, Amos & Shearer, Matthew
- 301-307 Misspecification of the breaking date in segmented trend variables: effect on the unit root tests
by Montanes, Antonio & Olloqui, Irene
- 309-314 Calculation of aggregate demand and supply disturbances from a common trends model
by Hansson, Jesper
- 315-322 Strategic bargaining with destructive power
by Manzini, Paola
- 323-328 Framing and cooperation in public good games: an experiment with an interior solution
by Willinger, Marc & Ziegelmeyer, Anthony
- 329-337 A fast and stable method to compute the likelihood of time invariant state-space models
by Casals, Jose & Sotoca, Sonia & Jerez, Miguel
- 339-346 Inequality and redistribution revisited
by Lee, Woojin & Roemer, John E.
- 347-351 Equilibrium uniqueness in oligopoly games with strategic complements
by Peitz, Martin
- 353-358 A two-stage Bertrand-Edgeworth game
by Tasnadi, Attila
- 359-364 Technological improvements in vaccine efficacy and individual incentive to vaccinate
by Xu, Xiaopeng
- 365-371 A U.S.-Japan comparison of the importance and determinants of retirement saving
by Horioka, Charles Yuji & Okui, Megumi
- 373-377 Are poorer states worse at targeting their poor?
by Ravallion, Martin
- 379-388 Market structure and incentives to innovate: the case of Cournot oligopoly
by Yi, Sang-Seung
- 389-395 On the geography of hate
by Jefferson, Philip N. & Pryor, Frederic L.
November 1999, Volume 65, Issue 2
- 135-142 Siblings, strangers, and the surge of altruism
by Stark, Oded
- 143-147 On the maximum likelihood cointegration procedure under a fractional equilibrium error
by Andersson, Michael K. & Gredenhoff, Mikael P.
- 149-156 Unit roots and structural breaks in OECD unemployment
by Arestis, Philip & Biefang-Frisancho Mariscal, Iris
- 157-163 Forward versus reverse regression and cointegration
by Christou, Christina & Pittis, Nikitas
- 165-172 Who is discouraged from applying for credit?
by Crook, Jonathan
- 173-176 Efficiency at different levels of aggregation: public vs. private sector firms
by Fox, Kevin J.
- 177-182 Capacity choice in a two-stage problem under uncertainty
by Hennessy, David A.
- 183-189 A simple analysis of the US emission permits auctions
by Kline, J. Jude & Menezes, Flavio M.
- 191-197 Piecewise linear tax functions, progressivity, and the principle of equal sacrifice
by D'Antoni, Massimo
- 199-203 Variable capital utilization and investment shocks
by Ejarque, Joao
- 205-212 Insuring and u'''(y)
by Hartwick, John M.
- 213-220 Intraindustry trade, high-wage jobs, and the wage gap
by Teck Hoon, Hian
- 221-225 Corporate tax competition, tariffs and multinational firms
by Bloch, Francis & Lefebvre, Eric
- 227-237 Trade surpluses and life-cycle saving behaviour
by Herbertsson, Tryggvi Thor & Zoega, Gylfi
- 239-243 The payment of public sector workers in the UK: reconciliation with North American findings
by Blackaby, D. H. & Murphy, P. D. & O'Leary, N. C.
- 245-248 Good vs. bad characteristics in vertical differentiation
by Garella, Paolo G. & Lambertini, Luca
- 249-253 A test of the conditional convergence hypothesis: econometric evidence from African countries
by Murthy, N. R. Vasudeva & Ukpolo, Victor
- 255-263 Life expectancy and endogenous growth
by de la Croix, David & Licandro, Omar
October 1999, Volume 65, Issue 1
- 1-7 Bayesian learning when chaos looms large
by Albert, Max
- 9-15 Estimating dynamic panel data models: a guide for macroeconomists
by Judson, Ruth A. & Owen, Ann L.
- 17-24 The estimation of a rank 3 demand system with demographic demand shifters from quasi-unit record data of household consumption
by Michelini, Claudio
- 25-31 A note on fully-modified estimation of seemingly unrelated regressions models with integrated regressors
by Moon, Hyungsik R.
- 33-39 Testing for normality in a probit model with double selection
by Lahiri, Kajal & Song, Jae G.
- 41-46 A note on optimal penal codes in stochastic Bertrand supergames
by Lambson, Val E.
- 47-54 A note on three-player noncooperative bargaining with restricted pairwise meetings
by Calvo-Armengol, Antoni
- 55-57 Drug addiction and the economic rationalization of gun control
by Epstein, Gil S. & Rapoport, Hillel & Weiss, Avi
- 59-65 A folk theorem for one-shot Bertrand games
by Baye, Michael R. & Morgan, John
- 67-69 An example of multi-unit auctions with atypically many equilibria
by Engelbrecht-Wiggans, Richard
- 71-74 Auction design with a risk averse seller
by Eso, Peter & Futo, Gabor
- 75-83 Information and asset prices in complete markets exchange economies
by Krebs, Tom
- 85-89 Optimal debt contracts and the single-crossing condition
by Faure-Grimaud, Antoine & Mariotti, Thomas
- 91-96 Discretionary monetary policy with costly inflation
by Dennis, Richard
- 97-103 Multiple equilibria and progressive taxation of labor income
by Guo, Jang-Ting
- 105-113 Insider trading with correlated signals
by Jain, Neelam & Mirman, Leonard J.
- 115-120 Does bank relationship have an economic value?: The effect of main bank failure on client firms
by Yamori, Nobuyoshi & Murakami, Akinobu
- 121-129 Do small plants grow faster? Evidence from the Taiwan electronics industry
by Liu, Jin-Tan & Tsou, Meng-Wen & Hammitt, James K.
- 131-134 A positive effect of human capital on growth
by Temple, Jonathan
September 1999, Volume 64, Issue 3
- 257-262 A better way to bootstrap pairs
by Flachaire, Emmanuel
- 263-269 Predicting multinomial choices using maximum entropy
by Campbell, Randall C. & Carter Hill, R.
- 271-275 A theory-consistent system approach for estimating potential output and the NAIRU
by Apel, Mikael & Jansson, Per
- 277-278 Quantum economics, uncertainty and the optimal grid size
by Shubik, Martin
- 279-283 Potential games: a purely ordinal approach
by Kukushkin, Nikolai S.
- 285-289 An intertemporal consumption-leisure model with non-expected utility
by Koskievic, Jean-Max
- 291-294 On the likelihood of a prisoners' dilemma in a differentiated duopoly
by Bernhofen, Daniel M. & Bernhofen, Laura T.
- 295-300 Statistical inference for two measures of inequality when incomes are correlated
by Van de gaer, Dirk & Funnell, Nicola & McCarthy, Tom
- 301-307 Gaussian approximation of expected utility
by Diamond, Harvey & Gelles, Gregory
- 309-314 Is the consumption-income ratio stationary? Evidence from panel unit root tests
by Sarantis, Nicholas & Stewart, Chris
- 315-318 Contrasting effects of risk on investment in two sectors: evidence from Ireland on real options
by Driver, Ciaran
- 319-324 A three-factor search model
by Frijters, Paul
- 325-327 Target zones and small realignments
by Pansard, Fabrice
- 329-337 A simple model of market liquidity
by Instefjord, Norvald
- 339-342 No-arbitrage pricing for life insurance and annuities
by Carriere, Jacques F.
- 343-349 Does the composition of wage and payroll taxes matter under Nash bargaining?
by Koskela, Erkki & Schob, Ronnie
- 351-355 Testing the convergence hypothesis: a new approach
by Bairam, Erkin I. & McRae, Shaun D.
- 357-361 Complementarity between physical and human capital, and speed of convergence
by Alvarez Albelo, Carmen D.
- 363-368 The socially optimal locations of three stores with stockouts or limited product selections
by Braid, Ralph M.
August 1999, Volume 64, Issue 2
- 125-131 On the backward induction method
by Aliprantis, Charalambos D.
- 133-141 A residual based test for the null hypothesis of cointegration
by Xiao, Zhijie
- 143-149 An extension of the maximum score estimator for disequilibrium models
by Mayer, Walter J.
- 151-160 A simple nonlinear filter for economic time series analysis
by Wen, Yi & Zeng, Bing
- 161-165 Bias in maximum likelihood estimator of disequilibrium and sample selection model with error-ridden observations
by Takagi, Shingo
- 167-171 Refining the Carlson-Parkin method
by Loffler, Gunter
- 173-180 An observational equivalence among -control policies
by Kasa, Kenneth
- 181-185 First price auctions with resale
by Gupta, Madhurima & Lebrun, Bernard
- 187-192 The additivity and dummy axioms in the discrete cost sharing model
by Wang, YunTong
- 193-196 Irreversible investment and the expected capital stock with stationary uncertainty
by Mash, Richard
- 197-202 Currency devaluation, aggregate output, and the long run: an empirical study
by Upadhyaya, Kamal P.
- 203-207 Asset prices and the distribution of wealth
by Sandroni, Alvaro