1997, Volume 56, Issue 1
- 95-99 The effect of education on fertility in Taiwan: A time series analysis
by Cheng, Benjamin S. & Nwachukwu, Savior L. S.
- 101-106 Compensation in part-time jobs versus full-time jobs What if the job is the same?
by Lettau, Michael K.
- 107-110 Hotelling and the New York stock exchange
by Yates, Andrew J.
- 111-119 Fixed cost assumptions in industrialisation theories
by Gans, Joshua S.
- 121-127 Can public sector employment spur human capital acquisition?
by Upadhyay, Mukti P.
1997, Volume 55, Issue 3
- 305-308 A difficulty with Nash's program: A proof of a special case
by Peleg, Bezalel
- 309-315 The absent-minded centipede
by Dulleck, Uwe & Oechssler, Jorg
- 317-319 A note on the link between income inequality and inflation
by Al-Marhubi, Fahim
- 321-325 Using all bids in parametric estimation of first-price auctions
by Li, Tong & Vuong, Quang
- 327-332 A note on the Boyd-McKenzie theorem
by Sun, Ning & Kusumoto, Sho-Ichiro
- 333-337 Two derivations of the uniform rule and an application to bankruptcy
by Schummer, James & Thomson, William
- 339-346 Strategy-proof division of a private good when preferences are single-dipped
by Klaus, Bettina & Peters, Hans & Storcken, Ton
- 347-353 The short- and long-run comparative statics of uncertainty
by Hennessy, David A.
- 355-360 Willingness to pay, the risk premium and risk aversion
by Eeckhoudt, L. & Godfroid, Ph. & Gollier, C.
- 361-363 Risk tolerance and value of information in the standard portfolio model
by Treich, Nicolas
- 365-369 The link between volatility and growth: Evidence from the States
by Dawson, John W. & Stephenson, E. Frank
- 371-377 The demand for money: Total transactions as the scale variable
by Howells, Peter & Hussein, Khaled
- 379-382 Relative prices and improvement of real factor rewards in several sectors
by Koo Yun, Kwan
- 383-390 Optimal export subsidy when demand is uncertain
by Fujimoto, Hiroaki & Park, Eun-Soo
- 391-395 The influence of traded and nontraded wages on relative prices and real exchange rates
by Strauss, Jack
- 397-402 Can nominal exchange rates be differenced to stationarity?
by Wu, Jyh-Lin & Chen, Show-Lin
- 403-407 Are malpractice insurance premiums a tort signal that influence physician hours worked?
by Thornton, James
- 409-412 Implications of the mobility of skilled labor for local public funding of higher education
by Justman, Moshe & Thisse, Jacques-Francois
- 413-418 Firm growth and ownership in transition countries
by Konings, Jozef
- 419-423 A note on the strategic choice of spatial price discrimination
by Eber, Nicolas
- 425-429 The empirics of economic growth for OECD countries: Some new findings
by Vasudeva Murthy, N. R. & Chien, I. S.
- 431-433 On the existence of a beliefs social equilibrium
by Fernandez de Cordoba, Gonzalo
- 435-440 Testing the inverted-U hypothesis for US hazardous waste: An application of the generalized gamma model
by Berrens, Robert P. & Bohara, Alok K. & Gawande, Kishore & Pingo Wang
1997, Volume 55, Issue 2
- 151-160 Consistency of the KPSS unit root test against fractionally integrated alternative
by Lee, Hyung S. & Amsler, Christine
- 161-164 Small sample properties of GARCH(1,1) estimator under non-normality
by Noh, Jaesun
- 165-172 On stationary tests in the presence of structural breaks
by Lee, Junsoo & Huang, Cliff J. & Shin, Yongcheol
- 173-178 Nonparametric analysis of pooled production data
by Bar-Shira, Ziv & Finkelshtain, Israel
- 179-183 A matrix evaluation of the moving-average representation
by Lyhagen, Johan
- 185-189 Normal estimators for cointegrating relationships
by Laroque, Guy & Salanie, Bernard
- 191-201 Approximating compensated income from ordinary demand functions1
by Dumagan, Jesus C. & Mount, Timothy D.
- 203-208 A comment on the Nash program and the theory of implementation
by Serrano, Roberto
- 209-213 Some evidence on strategic quantity reduction in multiple unit auctions
by Tenorio, Rafael
- 215-219 Interpretation of changes in rank-dependent measures of inequality
by Aaberge, Rolf
- 221-225 More on optimal denominations for coins and currency
by Wynne, Mark A.
- 227-234 A brain gain with a brain drain
by Stark, Oded & Helmenstein, Christian & Prskawetz, Alexia
- 235-240 Exports and economic growth: Evidence from 19th Century Europe1
by Thornton, John
- 241-246 Estimating the arbitrage pricing theory with observed macro factors
by Elder, John
- 247-250 Why a government might want to consider foreign currency denominated debt
by Miller, Victoria
- 251-255 Optimal actuarial fairness in pension systems: A note
by Hassler, John & Lindbeck, Assar
- 257-265 Spatial dependence through local yardstick competition:: theory and testing
by Bivand, Roger & Szymanski, Stefan
- 267-271 Teacher salaries and teacher quality
by Figlio, David N.
- 273-277 Returns from computer use: A simple test on the productivity interpretation
by Oosterbeek, Hessel
- 279-283 On the provision of product quality by a labor-managed monopolist
by Lambertini, Luca
- 285-292 Pareto-improving economic reforms through dual-track liberalization
by Lau, Lawrence J. & Qian, Yingyi & Roland, Gerard
- 293-299 Measuring efficiency in the National Basketball Association1
by Hofler, Richard A. & Payne, James E.
1997, Volume 55, Issue 1
- 1-8 Misspecified skedastic functions in grouped-data models
by Blackburn, McKinley L.
- 9-18 Will reasoning improve learning?
by Vriend, Nicolaas J.
- 19-25 A duration model with unobserved heterogeneity as a mixture of Dirichlet processes
by Ondrich, Jan & Prasad, Kislaya
- 27-34 Finite sample properties of the ARCH class of models with stochastic volatility
by Deb, Partha
- 35-40 Impulse response functions for periodic integration
by Breitung, Jorg & Franses, Philip Hans
- 41-43 The equivalence of two estimators of the fixed-effects logit model
by Abrevaya, Jason
- 45-51 The decomposition of cost efficiency and the canonical form of cost function and cost share equations
by Balk, Bert M.
- 53-59 A consistent nonparametric test for linearity of AR(p) models
by Fan, Yanqin & Li, Qi
- 61-67 Exchange rate expectations and market shares
by Cabral, Luis M. B. & Mello, Antonio S.
- 69-73 Nash bargaining with the option to wait
by Singh, Nirvikar
- 75-83 Reference point dependence and specification bias
by Hutton, Eric & Whalley, John
- 85-89 Condorcet's paradox under the maximal culture condition
by Gehrlein, William V. & Lepelley, Dominique
- 91-95 Equitable opportunities: an extension
by Herrero, Carmen
- 97-102 On criminals' risk attitudes
by Neilson, William S. & Winter, Harold
- 103-108 Consumption, saving and habit formation
by Alessie, Rob & Lusardi, Annamaria
- 109-114 Optimal monetary policy in the presence of a monetarist transmission mechanism
by Palley, Thomas I.
- 115-120 The Revival of the Expectations Hypothesis of the US Term Structure of Interest Rates
by Hsu, Chiente & Kugler, Peter
- 121-130 Landscape formation in a spatial voting model
by Kollman, Ken & Miller, John H. & Page, Scott E.
- 131-137 Informative advertising, imperfect targeting and welfare
by Hernandez-Garcia, Jose M.
- 139-143 Input contracts, market structure and the empirical specification of price cost margins
by Lukacs, Peter
- 145-150 Measuring product diversity
by Gans, Joshua S. & Hill, Robert J.
1997, Volume 54, Issue 3
- 203-208 On the calculation of marginal effects in the bivariate probit model
by Christofides, Louis N. & Stengos, Thanasis & Swidinsky, Robert
- 209-215 Semi-nonparametric estimates of substitution elasticities
by Fleissig, Adrian R. & Kastens, Terry & Terrell, Dek
- 217-220 Unobservables in count data models for on-site samples
by Santos Silva, J. M. C.
- 221-225 A limited dependent variable model under median rationality
by Lee, Myoung-jae
- 227-233 Expo-power: A flexible hazard function for duration data models
by Saha, Atanu & Hilton, Lynette
- 235-239 On the existence of a unique correlated equilibrium in Cournot oligopoly
by Yi, Sang-Seung
- 241-244 Seeking a comprehensive measure of economic well-being: Annuitisation versus capitalisation
by Parker, Simon C. & Siddiq, Fazley K.
- 245-250 Government procurement and asymmetric rebate auctions
by Kim, In-Gyu
- 251-252 Monopoly welfare losses and elasticity
by James, Tim & McHardy, Jolian
- 253-257 Why good economic news depressed stock and bond prices in 1996
by Thorbecke, Willem & Coppock, Lee
- 259-264 An empirical test of the effect of board size on firm efficiency
by Huther, Jeff
- 265-269 Corporate risk management to reduce borrowing costs
by Huberman, Gur
- 271-276 Some evidence on the signalling role of research in academia
by Siow, Aloysius
- 277-282 Has the wage curve nullified the Harris-Todaro model? Further US evidence
by Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S.
- 283-291 Performing large spatial regressions and autoregressions
by Kelley Pace, R.
1997, Volume 54, Issue 2
- 103-112 Conditional independence in sample selection models
by Angrist, Joshua D.
- 113-118 Chaos and the compass rose
by Kramer, Walter & Runde, Ralf
- 119-126 Generated regressors in linear and nonlinear models
by Gawande, Kishore
- 127-134 An optimal control solution to the liquidity constraint problem
by Seater, John J.
- 135-137 The timing and division of parental transfers to children
by Dunn, Thomas A. & Phillips, John W.
- 139-142 Consumption and wage taxes when household size matters
by Wigger, Berthold U.
- 143-146 A representation of acyclic preferences
by Rodriguez-Palmero, Carlos
- 147-154 Models a la Lancaster and a la Hotelling: when they are the same
by Peitz, Martin
- 155-158 Cournot equilibrium with convex demand
by Svizzero, Serge
- 159-163 Sequential auctions with synergies: An example
by Branco, Fernando
- 165-167 Resource misallocation and mark-up ratios: an alternative estimation technique for Harberger triangles
by van Dijks, Mathijs A. & van Bergeijk, Peter A. G.
- 169-174 Dividend effects in Israel: a puzzle
by Sarig, Oded & Tolkowsky, Efrat
- 175-178 Collusion under financial constraints: Collusion or predation when the discount factor is near one?
by Kawakami, Toshikazu & Yoshihiro, Yoshida
- 179-184 Mark-up pricing and bilateral monopoly
by Irmen, Andreas
- 185-189 A note on innovation and patent protection: Intertemporal imitation-risk smoothing
by Park, Walter G.
- 191-201 Sequential location when transportation costs are asymmetric
by Nilssen, Tore
1997, Volume 54, Issue 1
- 1-6 Cointegration of long span saving and investment
by Coakley, Jerry & Kulasi, Farida
- 7-13 Level shifts, unit roots and misspecification of the breaking date
by Montanes, Antonio
- 15-22 Strategic wage bargaining with destructive power: the role of commitment
by Manzini, Paola
- 23-27 Optimal provision of public goods with altruistic individuals
by Ley, Eduardo
- 29-34 An alternative model of pro-cyclical absenteeism
by Kaivanto, Kim
- 35-40 Recounting winners and losers in the 1980s: A critique of income distribution measurement methodology
by Burkhauser, Richard V. & Crews, Amy D. & Daly, Mary C.
- 41-44 Why are so many goods priced to end in nine? And why this practice hurts the producers
by Basu, Kaushik
- 45-50 The diffusion of a durable embodied capital innovation
by Saracho, Ana I.
- 51-57 The asymptotic distribution of linear indices of inequality, progressivity and redistribution
by Duclos, Jean-Yves
- 59-63 Efficient search and recruiting: Choosing sides in matching games
by Kennes, John
- 65-68 High and variable inflation: Further evidence on the Friedman hypothesis
by Caporale, Tony & McKiernan, Barbara
- 69-74 Forecasting the exchange rate PPP versus a random walk
by Fritsche, Charmaine Pereira & Wallace, Myles
- 75-79 On merger profitability in a Cournot setting
by Fauli-Oller, Ramon
- 81-85 The Kuznets hypothesis: An indirect test
by Eusufzai, Zaki
- 87-92 On relative wealth effects and the optimality of growth
by Corneo, Giacomo & Jeanne, Olivier
- 93-100 Catching-up and innovation in high- and low-income countries
by Taskin, Fatma & Zaim, Osman
1996, Volume 53, Issue 3
- 235-238 Mononic saddle-path dynamics
by Isaac, Alan G.
- 239-245 SUR estimation of multiple time-series models with heteroscedasticity and serial correlation of unknown form
by Creel, Michael & Farell, Montserrat
- 247-251 On the correct use of omnibus tests for normality
by Urzua, Carlos M.
- 253-259 Long-term dependence in stock returns
by Barkoulas, John T. & Baum, Christopher F.
- 261-264 Common cycles in seasonally cointegrated time series
by Ahn, Sung K.
- 265-268 Dagum vs. Singh-Maddala income distributions
by Kleiber, Christian
- 269-274 On two definitions of productivity
by Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Roos, Pontus
- 275-282 Partial equilibrium analysis in a noisy chaotic market
by Hommes, Cars & van Eekelen, Arno
- 283-289 Optimal tax schemes and the environmental externality
by Ono, Tetsuo
- 291-296 Pay-performance sensitivity and production uncertainty
by Zabojnik, Jan
- 297-304 Falling behind the Joneses: relative consumption and the growth-savings paradox
by Harbaugh, Richmond
- 305-310 Sunspot equilibria in a monetary real business cycle model
by Heinemann, Maik & Marchlewitz, Gilbert
- 311-316 Protection and the gainful effects of foreign capital
by Marjit, Sugata & Beladi, Hamid
- 317-321 A simple long-memory equilibrium interest rate model
by Duan, Jin-Chuan & Jacobs, Kris
- 323-329 Tax competition under the threat of capital flight
by Yang, Yong
- 331-336 Public education expenditure and private investment in developing countries
by Levy, Joaquim V. & Clements, Benedict
- 337-339 The Posner argument for transferring health spending from old women to olden men
by Rasmusen, Eric
- 341-347 Wages ahead of demand
by Orszag, J. Michael & Zoega, Gylfi
- 349-356 On the relationship between aggregate merger activity and the stock market: some further empirical evidence
by Clarke, Roger & Ioannidis, Christos
1996, Volume 53, Issue 2
- 115-121 Parsimonious autocorrelation corrections for singular demand systems
by McLaren, Keith R.
- 123-131 Feasibility and transversality conditions for models of portfolio choice with non-expected utility in continuous time
by Smith, William T.
- 133-138 Modified Wald tests for non-linear restrictions: A cautionary tale
by Goh, Kim-Leng & King, Maxwell L.
- 139-143 Bootstrapping Hausman's exogeneity test
by Wong, Ka-fu
- 145-152 An application and comparison of some flexible parametric and semi-parametric qualitative response models
by McDonald, James B.
- 153-159 Should stochastic or non-stochastic exogenous variables be used in Monte Carlo experiments?
by Edgerton, David L.
- 161-167 The bias of the ordinary least squares estimator in simultaneous equation models
by Kiviet, Jan F. & Phillips, Garry D. A.
- 169-173 Infinite-dimensional utility representation theorems
by Mehta, Ghanshyam B. & Monteiro, Paulo Klinger
- 175-182 Optimal price policy and the futures markets
by Lapan, Harvey & Moschini, Giancarlo
- 183-188 Asymmetric adjustment in symmetric duopoly
by Hansen, Per Svejstrup & Mollgaard, Hans Peter & Overgaard, Per Baltzer & Sorensen, Jan Rose
- 189-195 Mixed oligopoly, privatization and subsidization
by White, Mark D.
- 197-201 Least squares learning with heterogeneous expectations
by Evans, George W. & Honkapohja, Seppo
- 203-208 A reconsideration of the interindustry employment dispersion
by Lu, Jing
- 209-212 Contrarian MacParity
by Click, Reid W.
- 213-219 The relation between firm-specific intangibles and exports
by Braunerhjelm, Pontus
- 221-226 Glass ceilings or dead ends: Job promotion of men and women compared
by Groot, Wim & van den Brink, Henriette Maassen
- 227-232 Growth divergence due to spatial externalities
by Ravallion, Martin & Jalan, Jyotsna
1996, Volume 53, Issue 1
- 1-6 Sustainability and investment rules
by Withagen, C. A. A. M.
- 7-15 Bootstrap confidence intervals in a switching regressions model
by Douglas, Stratford
- 17-24 On the existence of optimal truth-dominant mechanisms
by Tian, Guoqiang
- 25-32 Partners and strangers revisited
by Croson, Rachel T. A.
- 33-38 Ownership and input prices: A comparison of public and private enterprises
by Ohlsson, Henry
- 39-45 Paretian aggregation of asymmetric utility functionals
by Turunen-Red, Arja H. & Weymark, John A.
- 47-51 Portfolio choice under noisy asset returns
by Gollier, Christian & Schlesinger, Harris
- 53-60 Stabilization policy in a currency union
by Lane, Philip R.
- 61-65 Growth, inflation and the exchange rate regime
by Andres, Javier & Hernando, Ignacio & Kruger, Malte
- 67-74 Inflation and asset prices in a monetary economy
by Balduzzi, Pierluigi
- 75-81 U.S. international air route awards and shareholder wealth
by Hoffer, George E. & Pruitt, Stephen W. & Maurice Tse, K. S.
- 83-88 Holdouts and wage bargaining in The Netherlands
by van Ours, Jan C. & van de Wijngaert, Rob F.
- 89-96 The dynamics of bequeathed tastes
by de la Croix, David
- 97-102 What shapes are overtime premium schedules? Some evidence from Japan, the UK, and the US
by Hart, Robert A. & Malley, James R. & Ruffell, Robin J.
- 103-110 Compulsory schooling legislation and school attendance in turn-of-the century America: A 'natural experiment' approach
by Margo, Robert A. & Aldrich Finegan, T.
- 113-113 Erratum to "Note on cyclical employment in the consumption goods sector" [Economics Letters 51 (1996) 213]
by Marquis, Milton H. & Einarsson, Tor
1996, Volume 52, Issue 3
- 205-210 On the identification problem in testing the dynamic specification of factor-demand equations
by Urga, Giovanni
- 211-220 An analysis of under-reporting for micro-data sets: The misreporting or double-hurdle model
by Maki, Atsushi & Nishiyama, Shigeru
- 221-228 Estimating a stochastic production frontier when the adjusted error is symmetric
by Li, Qi
- 229-234 The balance between size and power in Dickey-Fuller tests with data-dependent rules for the choice of truncation lag
by Agiakloglou, Christos & Newbold, Paul
- 235-240 The efficiency of the sample mean in a linear regression model when errors follow a first-order moving average process
by Jeske, Roland & Butefisch, Thomas & Song, Seuck Heun
- 241-245 Asymptotic equivalence of estimators of average derivatives
by Li, Wei
- 247-255 Instrumental variable based unit root tests when both ARMA (p, q) orders are chosen to be too large
by Hall, Alastair & Lee, Tae Yoon
- 257-262 Structural stability tests in the linear regression model when the regressors have roots local to unity
by Wright, Jonathan H.
- 263-267 Truncated means and variances
by Burdett, Kenneth
- 269-273 Annual redistribution and lifetime redistribution
by Fukushige, Mototsugu
- 275-278 The favourite-longshot bias in parimutuel betting: A clarification of the explanation that bettors like to bet longshots
by Hurley, William & McDonough, Lawrence
- 279-286 Rank-based choice correspondences
by Laslier, Jean-Francois
- 287-291 Non-linear pricing with a general cost function
by Monteiro, Paulo Klinger & Page, Frank Jr.
- 293-298 Inflation, unemployment, and duration
by Duca, John V.
- 299-307 Optimal reform postponement
by Orphanides, Athanasios
- 309-317 Endogenous competitive business cycles with positive outside money and positive interest elasticity of savings
by Huang, Dazhan & Madden, Paul
- 319-324 Population growth and economic growth: A reconsideration
by Yip, Chong K. & Zhang, Junxi
- 325-330 A paper on unhappiness and unemployment in Germany
by Gerlach, Knut & Stephan, Gesine
- 331-335 The greencard lottery winners: Are they more or less skilled than other immigrants?
by Barrett, Alan
- 337-343 Sectoral shifts and the mobility of displaced workers: When are microdata useful?
by Thomas, Jonathan M.
- 345-352 Quality choice of multiproduct monopolist and spill-over effect
by Kim, Joo-Han & Kim, Jae-Cheol
1996, Volume 52, Issue 2
- 121-127 Small-sample power of tests for inequality restrictions: The case of quarter-dependent regression errors
by Ping, Wu & King, Maxwell L.
- 129-135 A forecast comparison of residential housing prices by parametric versus semiparametric conditional mean estimators
by Gencay, Ramazan & Xian, Yang
- 137-141 Simple LM tests of mis-specification for ordered logit models
by Murphy, Anthony
- 143-152 The Partnered Core of an Economy and the Partnered Competitive Equilibrium
by Page Jr., Frank H. & Wooders, Myrna Holtz
- 153-162 A necessary and sufficient condition for the compactness of individually rational and feasible outcomes and the existence of an equilibrium
by Page Jr., Frank H. & Wooders, Myrna Holtz
- 163-169 Infinitely-repeated games with endogenous discounting
by Neilson, William S. & Winter, Harold
- 171-176 King Lear's dilemma: Precommitment versus the last word
by Chami, Ralph
- 177-180 Limited arbitrage is necessary and sufficient for the non-emptiness of the core
by Chichilnisky, Graciela
- 181-186 Optimal auction with financially constrained buyers
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Robert, Jacques