1997, Volume 55, Issue 1
- 97-102 On criminals' risk attitudes
by Neilson, William S. & Winter, Harold
- 103-108 Consumption, saving and habit formation
by Alessie, Rob & Lusardi, Annamaria
- 109-114 Optimal monetary policy in the presence of a monetarist transmission mechanism
by Palley, Thomas I.
- 115-120 The Revival of the Expectations Hypothesis of the US Term Structure of Interest Rates
by Hsu, Chiente & Kugler, Peter
- 121-130 Landscape formation in a spatial voting model
by Kollman, Ken & Miller, John H. & Page, Scott E.
- 131-137 Informative advertising, imperfect targeting and welfare
by Hernandez-Garcia, Jose M.
- 139-143 Input contracts, market structure and the empirical specification of price cost margins
by Lukacs, Peter
- 145-150 Measuring product diversity
by Gans, Joshua S. & Hill, Robert J.
1997, Volume 54, Issue 3
- 203-208 On the calculation of marginal effects in the bivariate probit model
by Christofides, Louis N. & Stengos, Thanasis & Swidinsky, Robert
- 209-215 Semi-nonparametric estimates of substitution elasticities
by Fleissig, Adrian R. & Kastens, Terry & Terrell, Dek
- 217-220 Unobservables in count data models for on-site samples
by Santos Silva, J. M. C.
- 221-225 A limited dependent variable model under median rationality
by Lee, Myoung-jae
- 227-233 Expo-power: A flexible hazard function for duration data models
by Saha, Atanu & Hilton, Lynette
- 235-239 On the existence of a unique correlated equilibrium in Cournot oligopoly
by Yi, Sang-Seung
- 241-244 Seeking a comprehensive measure of economic well-being: Annuitisation versus capitalisation
by Parker, Simon C. & Siddiq, Fazley K.
- 245-250 Government procurement and asymmetric rebate auctions
by Kim, In-Gyu
- 251-252 Monopoly welfare losses and elasticity
by James, Tim & McHardy, Jolian
- 253-257 Why good economic news depressed stock and bond prices in 1996
by Thorbecke, Willem & Coppock, Lee
- 259-264 An empirical test of the effect of board size on firm efficiency
by Huther, Jeff
- 265-269 Corporate risk management to reduce borrowing costs
by Huberman, Gur
- 271-276 Some evidence on the signalling role of research in academia
by Siow, Aloysius
- 277-282 Has the wage curve nullified the Harris-Todaro model? Further US evidence
by Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S.
- 283-291 Performing large spatial regressions and autoregressions
by Kelley Pace, R.
1997, Volume 54, Issue 2
- 103-112 Conditional independence in sample selection models
by Angrist, Joshua D.
- 113-118 Chaos and the compass rose
by Kramer, Walter & Runde, Ralf
- 119-126 Generated regressors in linear and nonlinear models
by Gawande, Kishore
- 127-134 An optimal control solution to the liquidity constraint problem
by Seater, John J.
- 135-137 The timing and division of parental transfers to children
by Dunn, Thomas A. & Phillips, John W.
- 139-142 Consumption and wage taxes when household size matters
by Wigger, Berthold U.
- 143-146 A representation of acyclic preferences
by Rodriguez-Palmero, Carlos
- 147-154 Models a la Lancaster and a la Hotelling: when they are the same
by Peitz, Martin
- 155-158 Cournot equilibrium with convex demand
by Svizzero, Serge
- 159-163 Sequential auctions with synergies: An example
by Branco, Fernando
- 165-167 Resource misallocation and mark-up ratios: an alternative estimation technique for Harberger triangles
by van Dijks, Mathijs A. & van Bergeijk, Peter A. G.
- 169-174 Dividend effects in Israel: a puzzle
by Sarig, Oded & Tolkowsky, Efrat
- 175-178 Collusion under financial constraints: Collusion or predation when the discount factor is near one?
by Kawakami, Toshikazu & Yoshihiro, Yoshida
- 179-184 Mark-up pricing and bilateral monopoly
by Irmen, Andreas
- 185-189 A note on innovation and patent protection: Intertemporal imitation-risk smoothing
by Park, Walter G.
- 191-201 Sequential location when transportation costs are asymmetric
by Nilssen, Tore
1997, Volume 54, Issue 1
- 1-6 Cointegration of long span saving and investment
by Coakley, Jerry & Kulasi, Farida
- 7-13 Level shifts, unit roots and misspecification of the breaking date
by Montanes, Antonio
- 15-22 Strategic wage bargaining with destructive power: the role of commitment
by Manzini, Paola
- 23-27 Optimal provision of public goods with altruistic individuals
by Ley, Eduardo
- 29-34 An alternative model of pro-cyclical absenteeism
by Kaivanto, Kim
- 35-40 Recounting winners and losers in the 1980s: A critique of income distribution measurement methodology
by Burkhauser, Richard V. & Crews, Amy D. & Daly, Mary C.
- 41-44 Why are so many goods priced to end in nine? And why this practice hurts the producers
by Basu, Kaushik
- 45-50 The diffusion of a durable embodied capital innovation
by Saracho, Ana I.
- 51-57 The asymptotic distribution of linear indices of inequality, progressivity and redistribution
by Duclos, Jean-Yves
- 59-63 Efficient search and recruiting: Choosing sides in matching games
by Kennes, John
- 65-68 High and variable inflation: Further evidence on the Friedman hypothesis
by Caporale, Tony & McKiernan, Barbara
- 69-74 Forecasting the exchange rate PPP versus a random walk
by Fritsche, Charmaine Pereira & Wallace, Myles
- 75-79 On merger profitability in a Cournot setting
by Fauli-Oller, Ramon
- 81-85 The Kuznets hypothesis: An indirect test
by Eusufzai, Zaki
- 87-92 On relative wealth effects and the optimality of growth
by Corneo, Giacomo & Jeanne, Olivier
- 93-100 Catching-up and innovation in high- and low-income countries
by Taskin, Fatma & Zaim, Osman
1996, Volume 53, Issue 3
- 235-238 Mononic saddle-path dynamics
by Isaac, Alan G.
- 239-245 SUR estimation of multiple time-series models with heteroscedasticity and serial correlation of unknown form
by Creel, Michael & Farell, Montserrat
- 247-251 On the correct use of omnibus tests for normality
by Urzua, Carlos M.
- 253-259 Long-term dependence in stock returns
by Barkoulas, John T. & Baum, Christopher F.
- 261-264 Common cycles in seasonally cointegrated time series
by Ahn, Sung K.
- 265-268 Dagum vs. Singh-Maddala income distributions
by Kleiber, Christian
- 269-274 On two definitions of productivity
by Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Roos, Pontus
- 275-282 Partial equilibrium analysis in a noisy chaotic market
by Hommes, Cars & van Eekelen, Arno
- 283-289 Optimal tax schemes and the environmental externality
by Ono, Tetsuo
- 291-296 Pay-performance sensitivity and production uncertainty
by Zabojnik, Jan
- 297-304 Falling behind the Joneses: relative consumption and the growth-savings paradox
by Harbaugh, Richmond
- 305-310 Sunspot equilibria in a monetary real business cycle model
by Heinemann, Maik & Marchlewitz, Gilbert
- 311-316 Protection and the gainful effects of foreign capital
by Marjit, Sugata & Beladi, Hamid
- 317-321 A simple long-memory equilibrium interest rate model
by Duan, Jin-Chuan & Jacobs, Kris
- 323-329 Tax competition under the threat of capital flight
by Yang, Yong
- 331-336 Public education expenditure and private investment in developing countries
by Levy, Joaquim V. & Clements, Benedict
- 337-339 The Posner argument for transferring health spending from old women to olden men
by Rasmusen, Eric
- 341-347 Wages ahead of demand
by Orszag, J. Michael & Zoega, Gylfi
- 349-356 On the relationship between aggregate merger activity and the stock market: some further empirical evidence
by Clarke, Roger & Ioannidis, Christos
1996, Volume 53, Issue 2
- 115-121 Parsimonious autocorrelation corrections for singular demand systems
by McLaren, Keith R.
- 123-131 Feasibility and transversality conditions for models of portfolio choice with non-expected utility in continuous time
by Smith, William T.
- 133-138 Modified Wald tests for non-linear restrictions: A cautionary tale
by Goh, Kim-Leng & King, Maxwell L.
- 139-143 Bootstrapping Hausman's exogeneity test
by Wong, Ka-fu
- 145-152 An application and comparison of some flexible parametric and semi-parametric qualitative response models
by McDonald, James B.
- 153-159 Should stochastic or non-stochastic exogenous variables be used in Monte Carlo experiments?
by Edgerton, David L.
- 161-167 The bias of the ordinary least squares estimator in simultaneous equation models
by Kiviet, Jan F. & Phillips, Garry D. A.
- 169-173 Infinite-dimensional utility representation theorems
by Mehta, Ghanshyam B. & Monteiro, Paulo Klinger
- 175-182 Optimal price policy and the futures markets
by Lapan, Harvey & Moschini, Giancarlo
- 183-188 Asymmetric adjustment in symmetric duopoly
by Hansen, Per Svejstrup & Mollgaard, Hans Peter & Overgaard, Per Baltzer & Sorensen, Jan Rose
- 189-195 Mixed oligopoly, privatization and subsidization
by White, Mark D.
- 197-201 Least squares learning with heterogeneous expectations
by Evans, George W. & Honkapohja, Seppo
- 203-208 A reconsideration of the interindustry employment dispersion
by Lu, Jing
- 209-212 Contrarian MacParity
by Click, Reid W.
- 213-219 The relation between firm-specific intangibles and exports
by Braunerhjelm, Pontus
- 221-226 Glass ceilings or dead ends: Job promotion of men and women compared
by Groot, Wim & van den Brink, Henriette Maassen
- 227-232 Growth divergence due to spatial externalities
by Ravallion, Martin & Jalan, Jyotsna
1996, Volume 53, Issue 1
- 1-6 Sustainability and investment rules
by Withagen, C. A. A. M.
- 7-15 Bootstrap confidence intervals in a switching regressions model
by Douglas, Stratford
- 17-24 On the existence of optimal truth-dominant mechanisms
by Tian, Guoqiang
- 25-32 Partners and strangers revisited
by Croson, Rachel T. A.
- 33-38 Ownership and input prices: A comparison of public and private enterprises
by Ohlsson, Henry
- 39-45 Paretian aggregation of asymmetric utility functionals
by Turunen-Red, Arja H. & Weymark, John A.
- 47-51 Portfolio choice under noisy asset returns
by Gollier, Christian & Schlesinger, Harris
- 53-60 Stabilization policy in a currency union
by Lane, Philip R.
- 61-65 Growth, inflation and the exchange rate regime
by Andres, Javier & Hernando, Ignacio & Kruger, Malte
- 67-74 Inflation and asset prices in a monetary economy
by Balduzzi, Pierluigi
- 75-81 U.S. international air route awards and shareholder wealth
by Hoffer, George E. & Pruitt, Stephen W. & Maurice Tse, K. S.
- 83-88 Holdouts and wage bargaining in The Netherlands
by van Ours, Jan C. & van de Wijngaert, Rob F.
- 89-96 The dynamics of bequeathed tastes
by de la Croix, David
- 97-102 What shapes are overtime premium schedules? Some evidence from Japan, the UK, and the US
by Hart, Robert A. & Malley, James R. & Ruffell, Robin J.
- 103-110 Compulsory schooling legislation and school attendance in turn-of-the century America: A 'natural experiment' approach
by Margo, Robert A. & Aldrich Finegan, T.
- 113-113 Erratum to "Note on cyclical employment in the consumption goods sector" [Economics Letters 51 (1996) 213]
by Marquis, Milton H. & Einarsson, Tor
1996, Volume 52, Issue 3
- 205-210 On the identification problem in testing the dynamic specification of factor-demand equations
by Urga, Giovanni
- 211-220 An analysis of under-reporting for micro-data sets: The misreporting or double-hurdle model
by Maki, Atsushi & Nishiyama, Shigeru
- 221-228 Estimating a stochastic production frontier when the adjusted error is symmetric
by Li, Qi
- 229-234 The balance between size and power in Dickey-Fuller tests with data-dependent rules for the choice of truncation lag
by Agiakloglou, Christos & Newbold, Paul
- 235-240 The efficiency of the sample mean in a linear regression model when errors follow a first-order moving average process
by Jeske, Roland & Butefisch, Thomas & Song, Seuck Heun
- 241-245 Asymptotic equivalence of estimators of average derivatives
by Li, Wei
- 247-255 Instrumental variable based unit root tests when both ARMA (p, q) orders are chosen to be too large
by Hall, Alastair & Lee, Tae Yoon
- 257-262 Structural stability tests in the linear regression model when the regressors have roots local to unity
by Wright, Jonathan H.
- 263-267 Truncated means and variances
by Burdett, Kenneth
- 269-273 Annual redistribution and lifetime redistribution
by Fukushige, Mototsugu
- 275-278 The favourite-longshot bias in parimutuel betting: A clarification of the explanation that bettors like to bet longshots
by Hurley, William & McDonough, Lawrence
- 279-286 Rank-based choice correspondences
by Laslier, Jean-Francois
- 287-291 Non-linear pricing with a general cost function
by Monteiro, Paulo Klinger & Page, Frank Jr.
- 293-298 Inflation, unemployment, and duration
by Duca, John V.
- 299-307 Optimal reform postponement
by Orphanides, Athanasios
- 309-317 Endogenous competitive business cycles with positive outside money and positive interest elasticity of savings
by Huang, Dazhan & Madden, Paul
- 319-324 Population growth and economic growth: A reconsideration
by Yip, Chong K. & Zhang, Junxi
- 325-330 A paper on unhappiness and unemployment in Germany
by Gerlach, Knut & Stephan, Gesine
- 331-335 The greencard lottery winners: Are they more or less skilled than other immigrants?
by Barrett, Alan
- 337-343 Sectoral shifts and the mobility of displaced workers: When are microdata useful?
by Thomas, Jonathan M.
- 345-352 Quality choice of multiproduct monopolist and spill-over effect
by Kim, Joo-Han & Kim, Jae-Cheol
1996, Volume 52, Issue 2
- 121-127 Small-sample power of tests for inequality restrictions: The case of quarter-dependent regression errors
by Ping, Wu & King, Maxwell L.
- 129-135 A forecast comparison of residential housing prices by parametric versus semiparametric conditional mean estimators
by Gencay, Ramazan & Xian, Yang
- 137-141 Simple LM tests of mis-specification for ordered logit models
by Murphy, Anthony
- 143-152 The Partnered Core of an Economy and the Partnered Competitive Equilibrium
by Page Jr., Frank H. & Wooders, Myrna Holtz
- 153-162 A necessary and sufficient condition for the compactness of individually rational and feasible outcomes and the existence of an equilibrium
by Page Jr., Frank H. & Wooders, Myrna Holtz
- 163-169 Infinitely-repeated games with endogenous discounting
by Neilson, William S. & Winter, Harold
- 171-176 King Lear's dilemma: Precommitment versus the last word
by Chami, Ralph
- 177-180 Limited arbitrage is necessary and sufficient for the non-emptiness of the core
by Chichilnisky, Graciela
- 181-186 Optimal auction with financially constrained buyers
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Robert, Jacques
- 187-191 Monopolistic competition, increasing returns to specialization and output persistence
by Benassy, Jean-Pascal
- 193-198 Testing for the sustainability of the current account deficit in two industrial countries
by Jyh-lin, Wu & Fountas, Stilianos & Show-lin, Chen
- 199-204 Evaluating target zone models in EMS data
by Pill, Huw
1996, Volume 52, Issue 1
- 1-6 Monte Carlo evaluation of multivariate Student's t probabilities
by Vijverberg, Wim P. M.
- 7-14 Aggregation over time, error correction models and Granger causality: A Monte Carlo investigation
by Mamingi, Nlandu
- 15-20 Non-optimal Nash Bargaining Solutions
by Mariotti, Marco
- 21-29 A new functional form for approximating the Lorenz curve
by Ogwang, Tomson & Gouranga Rao, U. L.
- 31-40 Non-convexities and the efficiency of equilibria in insurance markets with asymmetric information
by Dionne, Georges & Fombaron, Nathalie
- 41-47 Taste for variety and optimum production patterns in monopolistic competition
by Benassy, Jean-Pascal
- 49-54 Equilibrium and efficiency in auctions of complementary goods without bundling
by Kim, Hee-Su
- 55-60 Cyclical unemployment and sectoral shifts: Further tests of the Lilien hypothesis for the UK
by Mills, Terence C. & Pelloni, Gianluigi & Zervoyianni, Athina
- 61-66 Permanent effects of monetary policy in a dynamic menu cost model
by Hansen, Per Svejstrup
- 67-73 Real exchange rate volatility and exchange rate regimes: Evidence from long-term data
by Hasan, Shahriar & Wallace, Myles
- 75-79 Estimating the perceived tax scale within a labor supply model
by Brannas, Kurt & Karlsson, Niklas
- 81-88 Efficient equity: Removing salary discrimination by meeting statistical legal constraints at least cost
by Coller, Maribeth & Harrison, Glenn W. & Rutherford, Thomas F.
- 89-94 Markets, entrepreneurs and the size of new firms
by Mata, Jose
- 95-100 Specialization, scale economies and economic development
by Canning, David
- 101-108 Technological activity and survival of firms
by Agarwal, Rajshree
- 109-115 Urbanization, economic growth, and welfare
by Faria, Joao Ricardo & Mollick, AndreVarella
- 117-117 Corrigendum to "Debt, collateral, and renegotiation under moral hazard" [Economics Letters 40 (1992) 470]
by Wong, Kit Pong
- 119-119 Corrigendum to "Renewal theory and natural resource regulatory policy under uncertainty" [Economics Letters 46 (1994) 240]
by Batabyal, Amitrajeet A. & Yoo, Seung Jick
1996, Volume 51, Issue 3
- 259-265 Rescaled methods-of-moments estimation for the Box-Cox regression model
by Powell, James L.
- 267-276 Limited-dependent rational expectations models with stochastic thresholds
by Hashem Pesaran, M. & Ruge-Murcia, Francisco J.
- 277-285 On the root-N-consistent semiparametric estimation of partially linear models
by Li, Qi
- 287-294 The role of information processing cost as the foundation of bounded rationality in game theory
by Horaguchi, Haruo
- 295-301 A Walrasian approach to bargaining games
by Trockel, Walter
- 303-308 Do anchoring effects underlie event-splitting effects? An experimental test
by Humphrey, Steven J.
- 309-313 The extraction of natural resources from two sites under uncertainty
by Epstein, Gil S.
- 315-322 Foreign exchange rationing and the aggregate import demand function
by Shahe Emran, M. & Shilpi, Forhad
- 323-329 Distinguishing between stochastic and deterministic behavior in foreign exchange rate returns: Further evidence
by Aydin Cecen, A. & Erkal, Cahit
- 331-337 Border tax adjustments and rationed foreign exchange
by Clarete, Ramon & Whalley, John
- 339-344 An empirical note on job turnover and internal mobility of workers
by Hassink, Wolter H. J.
- 345-353 Wage curve evidence from panel data
by Bratsberg, Bernt & Turunen, Jarkko
- 355-362 Economic growth and human capital accumulation: Simultaneity and expanded convergence tests
by Goetz, Stephan J. & Hu, Dayuan
- 363-369 New estimates of the benefits of vehicle emissions regulation
by Kahn, Matthew E.
1996, Volume 51, Issue 2
- 123-130 The distribution of a Lagrange multiplier test of normality
by Deb, Partha & Sefton, Martin
- 131-137 On the power of stationarity tests using optimal bandwidth estimates
by Lee, Junsoo
- 139-143 A non-nested test of the AIDS vs. the translog demand system
by Wang, Qingbin & Halbrendt, Catherine & Johnson, Stanley R.
- 145-152 On IV, GMM and ML in a dynamic panel data model
by Wansbeek, Tom & Bekker, Paul
- 153-159 A comparison of semi-parametric and partially adaptive estimators of the censored regression model with possibly skewed and leptokurtic error distributions
by McDonald, James B. & Xu, Yexiao J.
- 161-167 Robustness of tests for error components models to non-normality
by Blanchard, Pierre & Matyas, Laszlo
- 169-175 Cross-section versus time-series income elasticities of Canadian consumption
by Gardes, Francois & Langlois, Simon & Richaudeau, Didier
- 177-183 A piecewise-constant hazard-rate model for the duration of unemployment in single-interview samples of the stock of unemployed
by Murphy, Anthony
- 185-189 A mechanism implementing the stable rule in marriage problems
by Shin, Sungwhee & Suh, Sang-Chul
- 191-195 A note on a property of maximal sets and choice in the absence of universal comparability
by Banerjee, Asis & Pattanaik, Prasanta K.
- 197-200 Quasi-linear utility in a discrete choice model
by Konishi, Hideo & Fishburn, Peter
- 201-204 Gorman demand systems and lie transformation groups: A reply
by Russell, Thomas
- 205-212 International evidence on the cyclical behavior of inflation
by Serletis, Apostolos
- 213-218 Note on cyclical employment in the consumption goods sector
by Marquis, Milton H.
- 219-223 The relationship between inventory investment and total factor productivity growth: Cost shocks or demand shocks?
by Carey, Kevin
- 225-231 A test of purchasing power parity based on the largest principal component of real exchange rates of the main OECD economies
by Snell, Andy
- 233-239 Bureaucracy, investment, and growth
by Ayal, Eliezer B. & Karras, Georgios
- 241-246 Wages and performance-based pay: Evidence from the NLSY
by Ewing, Bradley T.
- 247-251 Political business cycles before the Great Depression
by Heckelman, Jac & Whaples, Robert
- 253-257 Semiparametric estimation of yield loss due to mistiming of crop operations
by Hanchate, Amresh D.
1996, Volume 51, Issue 1
- 1-6 Scale equivariance and the Box-Cox transformation
by Kemp, Gordon C. R.
- 7-18 A non-parametric approach to non-linear causality testing
by Bell, David & Kay, Jim & Malley, Jim
- 19-25 Effective federal individual income tax functions: A specification search
by Akhand, Hafiz A.
- 27-35 Power of the Lagrange multiplier test for testing an autoregressive unit root
by Luukkonen, Ritva & Saikkonen, Pentti
- 37-44 The monetary model of the exchange rate under hyperinflation: New encouraging evidence
by Engsted, Tom
- 45-50 On cointegration tests for VAR models with drift
by Yang, Minxian & Bewley, Ronald
- 51-57 The Carlson-Parkin method applied to NZ price expectations using QSBO survey data
by Balcombe, Kelvin
- 59-65 On the stability of best reply and gradient systems with applications to imperfectly competitive models
by Corchon, Luis C. & Mas-Colell, Andreu