Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
November 2003, Volume 81, Issue 2
October 2003, Volume 81, Issue 1
- 1-8 Optimal trading mechanisms for an informed seller
by Tisljar, Rolf
- 9-12 A note on the determinants of labour share movements
by Kessing, Sebastian G.
- 13-21 Logarithmic spurious regressions
by de Jong, Robert M.
- 23-30 Pre vs. post-award subcontracting plans in procurement bidding
by Marechal, Francois & Morand, Pierre-Henri
- 31-37 The impact of local funding on the technical efficiency of Oklahoma schools
by Adkins, Lee C. & Moomaw, Ronald L.
- 39-45 Time reversibility tests of volume-volatility dynamics for stock returns
by Fong, Wai Mun
- 47-53 Monetary models and technology shocks
by Graham, Liam
- 55-59 Taylor rules, omitted variables, and interest rate smoothing in the US
by Castelnuovo, Efrem
- 61-65 Aggregated versus disaggregated data in regression analysis: implications for inference
by Garrett, Thomas A.
- 67-71 Endogenous deregulation: evidence from OECD countries
by Duso, Tomaso & Roller, Lars-Hendrik
- 73-79 A general strategy proof fair allocation mechanism
by Sun, Ning & Yang, Zaifu
- 81-87 The impossibility of meaningful efficient market parameters in testing for the spot-forward relationship in foreign exchange markets
by Wang, Peijie & Jones, Trefor
- 89-94 A new characterization of the majority rule
by J. Woeginger, Gerhard
- 95-99 A generalized pricing rule for multi-market Cournot oligopoly
by Weisman, Dennis L.
- 101-107 Capital adjustment costs and firm risk aversion
by Carceles Poveda, Eva
- 109-116 Permanent-transitory decompositions and traditional measures of core inflation
by Ribba, Antonio
- 117-124 An example of nonlinear endogenous business cycle model: build in the trade union
by Imoto, Shin
- 125-128 Does monetary policy become more desirable as it becomes less effective?
by Sumner, Scott
- 129-136 A stock market boom during a financial crisis?: ADRs and capital outflows in Argentina
by Melvin, Michael
- 137-142 Measurement error and the profitability of interventions: a closer look at SNB transactions data
by Fischer, Andreas M.
- 143-146 Collusive price can be lower than equilibrium price if there is search cost
by Bae, Hyung
September 2003, Volume 80, Issue 3
- 287-294 Imitation in a non-scale R&D growth model
by Papageorgiou, Chris
- 295-303 Bidding between incumbent and entrant
by Zhou, Nan
- 305-309 Pricing in debit and credit card schemes
by Wright, Julian
- 311-315 An exact relation between willingness to pay and willingness to accept
by Weber, Thomas A.
- 317-321 Multiplicative uncertainty in a model without inflationary bias
by Kobayashi, Teruyoshi
- 323-328 Transferability of migration licences and the distribution of potential rents
by Bivins, Laura L. & Krishna, Kala
- 329-336 Equivalence results in chi-square tests
by MaCurdy, Thomas E. & Ryu, Keunkwan
- 337-341 Preserving preference rankings under background risk
by Gollier, Christian & Schlesinger, Harris
- 343-349 Farsighted strategies in the formation of a communication network
by Deroian, Frederic
- 351-356 Inequality convergence
by Ravallion, Martin
- 357-364 Dynamic preferences and specialized tastes
by Conlisk, John
- 365-371 Estimates of output gaps in four Southeast Asian countries
by Bautista, Carlos C.
- 373-377 Fixed effects models with time invariant variables: a theoretical note
by Oaxaca, Ronald L. & Geisler, Iris
- 379-382 Arrow's theorem as a corollary
by Nehring, Klaus
- 383-389 Inconsistency of estimate of the degree of freedom of multivariate student-t disturbances in linear regression models
by Wang, Song-Gui & Ip, Wai-Cheung
- 391-397 A generalized design for bilateral trade flow models
by Baltagi, Badi H. & Egger, Peter & Pfaffermayr, Michael
- 399-407 Characterization of additive cost sharing methods
by Moulin, Herve & Vohra, Rakesh
- 409-413 Nonstationary term premia and cointegration of the term structure
by Carstensen, Kai
- 415-420 Why are distributions of firm growth rates tent-shaped?
by Bottazzi, Giulio & Secchi, Angelo
- 421-427 Fixed prices versus predetermined prices and the equilibrium probability of price adjustment
by Yetman, James
August 2003, Volume 80, Issue 2
- 137-140 On undominated Nash equilibria for games with a measure space of players
by Balder, Erik J.
- 141-146 Financial syndication and R&D
by Huang, Haizhou & Xu, Chenggang
- 147-153 VSL reconsidered: what do labor supply estimates reveal about risk preferences?
by Smith, V. Kerry & Pattanayak, Subhrendu K. & Van Houtven, George L.
- 155-160 The stock return-inflation puzzle and the asymmetric causality in stock returns, inflation and real activity
by Kim, Jeong-Ryeol
- 161-166 Inflation, costly price and quantity adjustments, and time spent in the Keynesian regime
by Danziger, Leif
- 167-173 Inflation and economic growth in the long run
by Fernandez Valdovinos, Carlos G.
- 175-180 Longer lives, fertility, and accumulation
by Mateos-Planas, Xavier
- 181-187 Export market exit and performance dynamics: a causality analysis of matched firms
by Girma, Sourafel & Greenaway, David & Kneller, Richard
- 189-194 Can unobserved heterogeneity in farmer ability explain the inverse relationship between farm size and productivity
by Assuncao, Juliano J. & Ghatak, Maitreesh
- 195-199 Asymmetric auction experiments with(out) commonly known beliefs
by Guth, Werner & Ivanova-Stenzel, Radosveta
- 201-210 Religious polarization and economic development
by Montalvo, Jose G. & Reynal-Querol, Marta
- 211-217 The concavity axiom in bilateral monopoly
by Pita, Cristina & Torregrosa, Ramon J.
- 219-225 Endogenous binary choice model with median restrictions
by Hong, Han & Tamer, Elie
- 227-231 Reference type-independent heterogeneous social evaluation
by Ooghe, Erwin
- 233-237 Analysis of private transfers with panel fixed-effect censored model estimator
by Kang, Sung Jin & Lee, Myoung-jae
- 239-246 Intergenerational income mobility in permanent and separated families
by Bjorklund, Anders & Chadwick, Laura
- 247-253 Why do students expect to stay longer in college? Evidence from Europe
by Brunello, Giorgio & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf
- 255-259 The mean effect of structural change on the dependent variable is accurately measured by the intercept change alone
by Higgins, Richard S. & Johnson, Paul A.
- 261-267 Is the markup a useful real-time predictor of inflation?
by Koenig, Evan F.
- 269-275 International portfolio choice in an overlapping generations model with transaction costs
by Carmichael, Benoit & Coen, Alain
- 277-284 Testing for PPP: the erratic behaviour of unit root tests
by Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Pittis, Nikitas & Sakellis, Panayiotis
- 285-286 Erratum to "Nasty, brutish, and shorter? Fertility, mortality, and dynastic longevity: US cohorts since 1873": [Economics Letters 79 (2003) 117-123]
by Murphy, Russell Jr.
July 2003, Volume 80, Issue 1
- 1-7 Efficiency in auctions with crossholdings
by Ettinger, David
- 9-14 The gatekeeper's optimal fee structure when sellers can price discriminate
by Nahm, Jae
- 15-21 Rejecting capital-skill complementarity at all costs
by Frondel, Manuel & Schmidt, Christoph M.
- 23-30 Have Europeans become more mobile? A note on regional evolutions in the EU: 1988-1997
by Tani, Massimiliano
- 31-34 An indirect effect of education on growth
by Hojo, Masakazu
- 35-44 Business cycle correlations in Asia-Pacific
by Crosby, Mark
- 45-51 Measuring the business cycle effects of permanent and transitory shocks in cointegrated time series
by Centoni, Marco & Cubadda, Gianluca
- 53-60 What limits escalation?--Varying threat power in an ultimatum experiment
by Fellner, Gerlinde & Guth, Werner
- 61-66 The overprovision of infectious disease medicine
by Skatun, John Douglas
- 67-71 Comparing allocations under asymmetric information: Coase Theorem revisited
by Ishiguro, Shingo
- 73-80 The exclusion principle for symmetric multi-prize all-pay auctions with endogenous valuations
by Arbatskaya, Maria
- 81-86 A note on optimal taxation in the presence of externalities
by Kopczuk, Wojciech
- 87-91 Investigating the effects of monetary regime shifts: The case of the Federal Reserve and the shrinking risk premium
by Caporale, Barbara & Caporale, Tony
- 93-97 Inequality as a determinant of child labor
by Tanaka, Ryuichi
- 99-103 The structure of hiring and labour market tightness
by Gorter, Cees & Hassink, Wolter H. J. & Russo, Giovanni
- 105-111 On the power of panel cointegration tests: a Monte Carlo comparison
by Gutierrez, Luciano
- 113-121 Are preferences for skewness fixed or fungible?
by Gunnarsson, Sara & Shogren, Jason F. & Cherry, Todd L.
- 123-129 Interaction terms in logit and probit models
by Ai, Chunrong & Norton, Edward C.
- 131-136 Quality standards with exogenously distributed quality
by Stivers, Andrew
June 2003, Volume 79, Issue 3
- 291-298 Dynamic interactions between crimes
by Funk, Patricia & Kugler, Peter
- 299-304 A class of models satisfying a dynamical version of the CAPM
by Jouini, Elyes & Napp, Clotilde
- 305-312 A note on an iterative least-squares estimation method for ARMA and VARMA models
by Kapetanios, George
- 313-317 Substitution and income effects for increases in risk
by Snow, Arthur
- 319-324 Detecting serial dependence in tail events: a test dual to the BDS test
by Diks, Cees
- 325-331 Agenda restrictions in multi-issue bargaining (II): unrestricted agendas
by In, Younghwan & Serrano, Roberto
- 333-337 Deterministic mechanisms and the revelation principle
by Strausz, Roland
- 339-343 Interpreting sustainability in economic terms: dynamic efficiency plus intergenerational equity
by Stavins, Robert N. & Wagner, Alexander F. & Wagner, Gernot
- 345-352 Why should reform wait until things get really bad?
by Hahn, Sunku
- 353-359 A robust bootstrap test under heteroskedasticity
by Lamarche, Jean-Francois
- 361-369 Fixed effects, random effects or Hausman-Taylor?: A pretest estimator
by Baltagi, Badi H. & Bresson, Georges & Pirotte, Alain
- 371-375 Bertrand-Edgeworth equilibrium large markets with non-manipulable residual demand
by Chowdhury, Prabal Roy
- 377-383 Some implications of antitrust laws for cartel pricing
by Harrington, Joseph Jr.
- 385-392 Partial GLS regression
by Qian, Hailong & Schmidt, Peter
- 393-400 Subject of degree and the gender wage differential: evidence from the UK and Germany
by Machin, Stephen & Puhani, Patrick A.
- 401-408 The fatality effects of highway speed limits by gender and age
by Dee, Thomas S. & Sela, Rebecca J.
- 409-415 Fixing Swiss potholes: The importance and cyclical nature of improvements
by Dueker, Michael J. & Fischer, Andreas M.
- 417-421 Growth, volatility and learning
by Blackburn, Keith & Galindev, Ragchaasuren
- 423-427 The generalized extreme value distribution
by Bali, Turan G.
May 2003, Volume 79, Issue 2
- 145-152 On the diminishing returns of higher-order terms in asymptotic expansions of bias
by Bun, Maurice J. G. & Kiviet, Jan F.
- 153-159 The impact of challenge gifts on charitable giving: an experimental investigation
by List, John A. & Rondeau, Daniel
- 161-167 Discriminating between competing STAR models
by Chen, Yi-Ting
- 169-175 On the residual autocorrelation of the autoregressive conditional duration model
by Li, W. K. & Yu, Philip L. H.
- 177-183 Foreign ownership and productivity dynamics
by de Backer, Koen & Sleuwaegen, Leo
- 185-191 Further results on instrumental variables estimation of average treatment effects in the correlated random coefficient model
by Wooldridge, Jeffrey M.
- 193-198 Equivalence between the Diamond-Dybvig banking model and the optimal income taxation model
by Lin, Ping
- 199-204 Hierarchies of compact beliefs and rationalizable behavior
by Mariotti, Thomas
- 205-211 Supply-side effects of monetary policy and equilibrium multiplicity
by Bruckner, Matthias & Schabert, Andreas
- 213-218 Nonlinear impact of inflation on relative price variability
by Caglayan, Mustafa & Filiztekin, Alpay
- 219-224 The informational role of commodity prices in formulating monetary policy: a reexamination
by Awokuse, Titus O. & Yang, Jian
- 225-230 A multiple variance ratio test using subsampling
by Whang, Yoon-Jae & Kim, Jinho
- 231-237 Are point-in-time measures of neighborhood characteristics useful proxies for children's long-run neighborhood environment?
by Kunz, Jim & Page, Marianne E. & Solon, Gary
- 239-245 On asynchronously repeated games
by Takahashi, Satoru & Wen, Quan
- 247-253 Selling to the highest valuation bidder under risk aversion and asymmetry
by Menicucci, Domenico
- 255-261 Statistical discrimination and growth: should we subsidize discriminated against workers?
by Garcia-Minguez, Patricio & Sanchez-Losada, Fernando
- 263-267 Unemployment and the smoothness of consumption in business cycle models
by Graham, Liam
- 269-276 A note on the optimum quantity of money
by Chuang, Shi-Feng & Huo, Teh-Ming
- 277-282 Innovations, production complexity and the optimality of R&D
by Waelbroeck, Patrick
- 283-289 Simultaneous moral hazard and adverse selection with risk averse agents
by Theilen, Bernd
April 2003, Volume 79, Issue 1
- 1-6 A different look at the Census X-11 filter
by Lenz, Carlos
- 7-13 The taste for revolt
by MacCulloch, Robert
- 15-19 Consumption vs. wage taxation and the capital levy
by Gaube, Thomas & Schwager, Robert
- 21-26 An impulse-response function for a vector autoregression with multivariate GARCH-in-mean
by Elder, John
- 27-34 Value elicitation in retail and laboratory environments
by Lusk, Jayson L. & Fox, John A.
- 35-42 Regional integration in China: a statistical model
by Xu, Xinpeng & Voon, J. P.
- 43-52 Risk management determinants affecting firms' values in the gold mining industry: new empirical results
by Dionne, Georges & Garand, Martin
- 53-58 Growth, inequality and politics revisited: a developing-country case
by Balisacan, Arsenio M. & Fuwa, Nobuhiko
- 59-67 On the effects of asymmetric and endogenous taxation in experimental public goods games
by Sutter, Matthias & Weck-Hannemann, Hannelore
- 69-74 Asset prices and output growth volatility: the effects of financial crises
by Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Spagnolo, Nicola
- 75-81 Intratemporal substitution between private and government consumption: the case of Japan
by Okubo, Masakatsu
- 83-88 The transition from national currencies to the euro
by Goodhart, Charles & Pappa, Evi
- 89-98 The stock market and consumer confidence: European evidence
by Jansen, W. Jos & Nahuis, Niek J.
- 99-106 Does foreign aid corrupt?
by Tavares, Jose
- 107-115 A score test for Box-Cox functional form
by Yang, Zhenlin & Abeysinghe, Tilak
- 117-123 Nasty, brutish, and shorter?: Fertility, mortality, and dynastic longevity: US cohorts since 1873
by Murphy, Russell Jr.
- 125-129 On the impact of a common currency on bilateral trade
by Yeyati, Eduardo Levy
- 131-136 Technological proximity and co-movements of stock returns
by Fung, Michael K.
- 137-143 A reconciliation of two alternative approaches towards buffer stock saving
by Michaelides, Alexander
March 2003, Volume 78, Issue 3
- 295-299 Regime-dependent impulse response functions in a Markov-switching vector autoregression model
by Ehrmann, Michael & Ellison, Martin & Valla, Natacha
- 301-307 Does society prefer small innovation?
by Mukherjee, Arijit
- 309-316 Indirect certainty equivalents for the firm facing price and production uncertainty
by Chambers, Robert G. & Quiggin, John
- 317-321 A result on equilibrium matching with search frictions
by Chen, Frederick H.
- 323-327 Foreign currency debt in emerging markets: firm-level evidence from Mexico
by Gaston Gelos, R.
- 329-334 Concentration indices and Zipf's law
by Naldi, M.
- 335-342 How much persistence should sticky-price models generate to match US data?
by Boileau, Martin & Letendre, Marc-Andre
- 343-349 One-sided population monotonicity, separability, and the uniform rule
by Chun, Youngsub
- 351-356 The long-horizon regression approach to monetary neutrality: how should the evidence be interpreted?
by Coe, Patrick J. & Nason, James M.
- 357-363 Cheap talk comparisons in multi-issue bargaining
by Chakraborty, Archishman & Harbaugh, Rick
- 365-371 Panel tests of stochastic convergence: TFP transmission within manufacturing industries
by Funk, Mark & Strauss, Jack
- 373-378 A bivariate zero-inflated negative binomial regression model for count data with excess zeros
by Wang, Peiming
- 379-384 Average q, marginal q, and the relation between ownership and performance
by Gugler, Klaus & Yurtoglu, Burcin B.
- 385-394 Estimating the returns to education using the newest current population survey education questions
by Jaeger, David A.
- 395-399 Response surface estimates of stationarity tests with a structural break
by Presno, Maria Jose & Lopez, Ana Jesus
- 401-407 Prevention of herding by experts
by Kargin, Vladislav
- 409-413 The representative bettor, bet size, and prospect theory
by Bradley, Ian
- 415-422 Asymmetric long memory GARCH: a reply to Hwang's model
by Ruiz, Esther & Perez, Ana
- 423-430 Hypothetical bias and willingness to accept
by Nape, Steven & Frykblom, Peter & Harrison, Glenn W. & Lesley, James C.
- 431-436 A Bayesian approach to decomposing wage differentials
by Radchenko, Stanislav I. & Yun, Myeong-Su
- 437-441 A note on the potential pitfalls in estimating a 'wealth effect' on consumption from aggregate data
by Dolmas, Jim
February 2003, Volume 78, Issue 2
- 147-152 Empirical evidence on the relationship between the term structure of interest rates and future real output changes when there are changes in policy regimes
by Peel, David A. & Ioannidis, Christos
- 153-159 The effect of using grouped data on the estimation of the Gini income elasticity
by Wodon, Quentin & Yitzhaki, Shlomo
- 161-166 Comparative statics without total differentiation of the first-order conditions
by Ng, Yew-Kwang & Yeh, Yeong-Nan
- 167-168 Bertrand without fudge
by Blume, Andreas
- 169-174 Wage flexibility: evidence from five EU countries based on the wage curve
by Montuenga, Victor & Garcia, Inmaculada & Fernandez, Melchor
- 175-180 Testing the expectations hypothesis using long-maturity forward rates
by Christiansen, Charlotte
- 181-185 Operational time of the Korea stock markets
by Kim, In-Moo
- 187-195 Inflation tax and money essentiality
by de Holanda Barbosa, Fernando & Barros da Cunha, Alexandre
- 197-203 Assessing European stock markets (co)integration
by Garcia Pascual, Antonio
- 205-212 An inverted-U relationship between inequality and long-run growth
by Chen, Been-Lon
- 213-218 On the existence of equilibria to Bayesian games with non-finite type and action spaces
by Meirowitz, Adam
- 219-224 Currency substitution: new evidence from emerging economies
by Selcuk, Faruk
- 225-229 Restrictions on the autoregressive parameters of share systems with spatial dependence
by Lahatte, Agenor
- 231-239 A positive theory of immigration amnesties
by Karlson, Stephen H. & Katz, Eliakim
- 241-245 National versus sectoral shocks: new evidence for the manufacturing sector in European countries
by Ramos, Raul & Clar, Miquel & Surinach, Jordi
- 247-252 Measuring technical progress in gross and net products
by Pezzey, John C. V.
- 253-258 Investment and financial constraints in transition economies: micro evidence from Poland, the Czech Republic, Bulgaria and Romania
by Konings, Jozef & Rizov, Marian & Vandenbussche, Hylke
- 259-265 A note on bootstrapping unit root tests in the presence of a non-zero drift
by van Giersbergen, Noud P. A.
- 267-271 Reversing privatization as a screening mechanism
by Li, Hongbin
- 273-280 Generalizing incentives and loss of control in an optimal hierarchy: the role of information technology
by Meagher, Kieron J.
- 281-286 Globalization and unemployment: the role of international diversification
by Harms, Philipp & Hefeker, Carsten
- 287-291 Why do multinational enterprises borrow from local banks?
by Du, Julan
- 293-293 Erratum to "Tests for covariance stationarity and white noise, with an application to Euro/US dollar exchange rate: An approach based on the evolutionary spectral density" [Economics Letters 77 (2002) 177-186]
by Ahamada, Ibrahim & Boutahar, Mohamed
January 2003, Volume 78, Issue 1
- 1-7 Quality heterogeneity and welfare
by Symeonidis, George
- 9-16 Confidence building and politics in privatization: some evidence from Spain
by Bel, Germa
- 17-25 Cointegration and the joint confirmation hypothesis
by Gabriel, Vasco J.
- 27-32 An experiment on the value of structural information in a 2 x 2 repeated game
by Mitropoulos, Atanasios
- 33-39 Note on bandwidth selection in testing for long range dependence
by Xiao, Zhijie
- 41-47 A competitive market model for indivisible commodities
by Yang, Zaifu
- 49-54 Which mechanisms support the fulfillment of sales agreements?: Asking decision-makers in firms
by Hendley, Kathryn & Murrell, Peter
- 55-58 Optimal monetary policy under inflation targeting based on an instrument rule
by Guender, Alfred V.
- 59-66 Comparing social security programs with leisure and bequests
by Zhang, Jie
- 67-70 Matching with multiple applications
by Albrecht, James W. & Gautier, Pieter A. & Vroman, Susan B.
- 71-77 Gains from FDI inflows with incomplete information
by Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim
- 79-86 A homothetic utility function for monopolistic competition models, without constant price elasticity
by Feenstra, Robert C.