Financial shocks and trade finance: Evidence from Korea
Using two novel measures of bank-intermediated trade finance in Korea, this paper empirically assesses the effects of financial shocks on the availability of trade finance and finds that these effects are generally negative and last for at least three months, implying significant delays and losses for traders.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chauffour, Jean-Pierre & Farole, Thomas, 2009. "Trade finance in crisis : market adjustment or market failure ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5003, The World Bank.
- Love, Inessa & Preve, Lorenzo A. & Sarria-Allende, Virginia, 2005.
"Trade credit and bank credit : evidence from recent financial crises,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3716, The World Bank.
- Love, Inessa & Preve, Lorenzo A. & Sarria-Allende, Virginia, 2007. "Trade credit and bank credit: Evidence from recent financial crises," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 453-469, February.
- Auboin, Marc & Meier-Ewert, Moritz, 2003. "Improving the availability of trade finance during financial crises," WTO Discussion Papers 2, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Bijapur, Mohan, 2010. "Does monetary policy lose effectiveness during a credit crunch?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 42-44, January.
- Amiti, Mary & Weinstein, David E., 2009.
"Exports and Financial Shocks,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7590, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:120:y:2013:i:1:p:104-107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.