July 2003, Volume 80, Issue 1
- 53-60 What limits escalation?--Varying threat power in an ultimatum experiment
by Fellner, Gerlinde & Guth, Werner
- 61-66 The overprovision of infectious disease medicine
by Skatun, John Douglas
- 67-71 Comparing allocations under asymmetric information: Coase Theorem revisited
by Ishiguro, Shingo
- 73-80 The exclusion principle for symmetric multi-prize all-pay auctions with endogenous valuations
by Arbatskaya, Maria
- 81-86 A note on optimal taxation in the presence of externalities
by Kopczuk, Wojciech
- 87-91 Investigating the effects of monetary regime shifts: The case of the Federal Reserve and the shrinking risk premium
by Caporale, Barbara & Caporale, Tony
- 93-97 Inequality as a determinant of child labor
by Tanaka, Ryuichi
- 99-103 The structure of hiring and labour market tightness
by Gorter, Cees & Hassink, Wolter H. J. & Russo, Giovanni
- 105-111 On the power of panel cointegration tests: a Monte Carlo comparison
by Gutierrez, Luciano
- 113-121 Are preferences for skewness fixed or fungible?
by Gunnarsson, Sara & Shogren, Jason F. & Cherry, Todd L.
- 123-129 Interaction terms in logit and probit models
by Ai, Chunrong & Norton, Edward C.
- 131-136 Quality standards with exogenously distributed quality
by Stivers, Andrew
June 2003, Volume 79, Issue 3
- 291-298 Dynamic interactions between crimes
by Funk, Patricia & Kugler, Peter
- 299-304 A class of models satisfying a dynamical version of the CAPM
by Jouini, Elyes & Napp, Clotilde
- 305-312 A note on an iterative least-squares estimation method for ARMA and VARMA models
by Kapetanios, George
- 313-317 Substitution and income effects for increases in risk
by Snow, Arthur
- 319-324 Detecting serial dependence in tail events: a test dual to the BDS test
by Diks, Cees
- 325-331 Agenda restrictions in multi-issue bargaining (II): unrestricted agendas
by In, Younghwan & Serrano, Roberto
- 333-337 Deterministic mechanisms and the revelation principle
by Strausz, Roland
- 339-343 Interpreting sustainability in economic terms: dynamic efficiency plus intergenerational equity
by Stavins, Robert N. & Wagner, Alexander F. & Wagner, Gernot
- 345-352 Why should reform wait until things get really bad?
by Hahn, Sunku
- 353-359 A robust bootstrap test under heteroskedasticity
by Lamarche, Jean-Francois
- 361-369 Fixed effects, random effects or Hausman-Taylor?: A pretest estimator
by Baltagi, Badi H. & Bresson, Georges & Pirotte, Alain
- 371-375 Bertrand-Edgeworth equilibrium large markets with non-manipulable residual demand
by Chowdhury, Prabal Roy
- 377-383 Some implications of antitrust laws for cartel pricing
by Harrington, Joseph Jr.
- 385-392 Partial GLS regression
by Qian, Hailong & Schmidt, Peter
- 393-400 Subject of degree and the gender wage differential: evidence from the UK and Germany
by Machin, Stephen & Puhani, Patrick A.
- 401-408 The fatality effects of highway speed limits by gender and age
by Dee, Thomas S. & Sela, Rebecca J.
- 409-415 Fixing Swiss potholes: The importance and cyclical nature of improvements
by Dueker, Michael J. & Fischer, Andreas M.
- 417-421 Growth, volatility and learning
by Blackburn, Keith & Galindev, Ragchaasuren
- 423-427 The generalized extreme value distribution
by Bali, Turan G.
May 2003, Volume 79, Issue 2
- 145-152 On the diminishing returns of higher-order terms in asymptotic expansions of bias
by Bun, Maurice J. G. & Kiviet, Jan F.
- 153-159 The impact of challenge gifts on charitable giving: an experimental investigation
by List, John A. & Rondeau, Daniel
- 161-167 Discriminating between competing STAR models
by Chen, Yi-Ting
- 169-175 On the residual autocorrelation of the autoregressive conditional duration model
by Li, W. K. & Yu, Philip L. H.
- 177-183 Foreign ownership and productivity dynamics
by de Backer, Koen & Sleuwaegen, Leo
- 185-191 Further results on instrumental variables estimation of average treatment effects in the correlated random coefficient model
by Wooldridge, Jeffrey M.
- 193-198 Equivalence between the Diamond-Dybvig banking model and the optimal income taxation model
by Lin, Ping
- 199-204 Hierarchies of compact beliefs and rationalizable behavior
by Mariotti, Thomas
- 205-211 Supply-side effects of monetary policy and equilibrium multiplicity
by Bruckner, Matthias & Schabert, Andreas
- 213-218 Nonlinear impact of inflation on relative price variability
by Caglayan, Mustafa & Filiztekin, Alpay
- 219-224 The informational role of commodity prices in formulating monetary policy: a reexamination
by Awokuse, Titus O. & Yang, Jian
- 225-230 A multiple variance ratio test using subsampling
by Whang, Yoon-Jae & Kim, Jinho
- 231-237 Are point-in-time measures of neighborhood characteristics useful proxies for children's long-run neighborhood environment?
by Kunz, Jim & Page, Marianne E. & Solon, Gary
- 239-245 On asynchronously repeated games
by Takahashi, Satoru & Wen, Quan
- 247-253 Selling to the highest valuation bidder under risk aversion and asymmetry
by Menicucci, Domenico
- 255-261 Statistical discrimination and growth: should we subsidize discriminated against workers?
by Garcia-Minguez, Patricio & Sanchez-Losada, Fernando
- 263-267 Unemployment and the smoothness of consumption in business cycle models
by Graham, Liam
- 269-276 A note on the optimum quantity of money
by Chuang, Shi-Feng & Huo, Teh-Ming
- 277-282 Innovations, production complexity and the optimality of R&D
by Waelbroeck, Patrick
- 283-289 Simultaneous moral hazard and adverse selection with risk averse agents
by Theilen, Bernd
April 2003, Volume 79, Issue 1
- 1-6 A different look at the Census X-11 filter
by Lenz, Carlos
- 7-13 The taste for revolt
by MacCulloch, Robert
- 15-19 Consumption vs. wage taxation and the capital levy
by Gaube, Thomas & Schwager, Robert
- 21-26 An impulse-response function for a vector autoregression with multivariate GARCH-in-mean
by Elder, John
- 27-34 Value elicitation in retail and laboratory environments
by Lusk, Jayson L. & Fox, John A.
- 35-42 Regional integration in China: a statistical model
by Xu, Xinpeng & Voon, J. P.
- 43-52 Risk management determinants affecting firms' values in the gold mining industry: new empirical results
by Dionne, Georges & Garand, Martin
- 53-58 Growth, inequality and politics revisited: a developing-country case
by Balisacan, Arsenio M. & Fuwa, Nobuhiko
- 59-67 On the effects of asymmetric and endogenous taxation in experimental public goods games
by Sutter, Matthias & Weck-Hannemann, Hannelore
- 69-74 Asset prices and output growth volatility: the effects of financial crises
by Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Spagnolo, Nicola
- 75-81 Intratemporal substitution between private and government consumption: the case of Japan
by Okubo, Masakatsu
- 83-88 The transition from national currencies to the euro
by Goodhart, Charles & Pappa, Evi
- 89-98 The stock market and consumer confidence: European evidence
by Jansen, W. Jos & Nahuis, Niek J.
- 99-106 Does foreign aid corrupt?
by Tavares, Jose
- 107-115 A score test for Box-Cox functional form
by Yang, Zhenlin & Abeysinghe, Tilak
- 117-123 Nasty, brutish, and shorter?: Fertility, mortality, and dynastic longevity: US cohorts since 1873
by Murphy, Russell Jr.
- 125-129 On the impact of a common currency on bilateral trade
by Yeyati, Eduardo Levy
- 131-136 Technological proximity and co-movements of stock returns
by Fung, Michael K.
- 137-143 A reconciliation of two alternative approaches towards buffer stock saving
by Michaelides, Alexander
March 2003, Volume 78, Issue 3
- 295-299 Regime-dependent impulse response functions in a Markov-switching vector autoregression model
by Ehrmann, Michael & Ellison, Martin & Valla, Natacha
- 301-307 Does society prefer small innovation?
by Mukherjee, Arijit
- 309-316 Indirect certainty equivalents for the firm facing price and production uncertainty
by Chambers, Robert G. & Quiggin, John
- 317-321 A result on equilibrium matching with search frictions
by Chen, Frederick H.
- 323-327 Foreign currency debt in emerging markets: firm-level evidence from Mexico
by Gaston Gelos, R.
- 329-334 Concentration indices and Zipf's law
by Naldi, M.
- 335-342 How much persistence should sticky-price models generate to match US data?
by Boileau, Martin & Letendre, Marc-Andre
- 343-349 One-sided population monotonicity, separability, and the uniform rule
by Chun, Youngsub
- 351-356 The long-horizon regression approach to monetary neutrality: how should the evidence be interpreted?
by Coe, Patrick J. & Nason, James M.
- 357-363 Cheap talk comparisons in multi-issue bargaining
by Chakraborty, Archishman & Harbaugh, Rick
- 365-371 Panel tests of stochastic convergence: TFP transmission within manufacturing industries
by Funk, Mark & Strauss, Jack
- 373-378 A bivariate zero-inflated negative binomial regression model for count data with excess zeros
by Wang, Peiming
- 379-384 Average q, marginal q, and the relation between ownership and performance
by Gugler, Klaus & Yurtoglu, Burcin B.
- 385-394 Estimating the returns to education using the newest current population survey education questions
by Jaeger, David A.
- 395-399 Response surface estimates of stationarity tests with a structural break
by Presno, Maria Jose & Lopez, Ana Jesus
- 401-407 Prevention of herding by experts
by Kargin, Vladislav
- 409-413 The representative bettor, bet size, and prospect theory
by Bradley, Ian
- 415-422 Asymmetric long memory GARCH: a reply to Hwang's model
by Ruiz, Esther & Perez, Ana
- 423-430 Hypothetical bias and willingness to accept
by Nape, Steven & Frykblom, Peter & Harrison, Glenn W. & Lesley, James C.
- 431-436 A Bayesian approach to decomposing wage differentials
by Radchenko, Stanislav I. & Yun, Myeong-Su
- 437-441 A note on the potential pitfalls in estimating a 'wealth effect' on consumption from aggregate data
by Dolmas, Jim
February 2003, Volume 78, Issue 2
- 147-152 Empirical evidence on the relationship between the term structure of interest rates and future real output changes when there are changes in policy regimes
by Peel, David A. & Ioannidis, Christos
- 153-159 The effect of using grouped data on the estimation of the Gini income elasticity
by Wodon, Quentin & Yitzhaki, Shlomo
- 161-166 Comparative statics without total differentiation of the first-order conditions
by Ng, Yew-Kwang & Yeh, Yeong-Nan
- 167-168 Bertrand without fudge
by Blume, Andreas
- 169-174 Wage flexibility: evidence from five EU countries based on the wage curve
by Montuenga, Victor & Garcia, Inmaculada & Fernandez, Melchor
- 175-180 Testing the expectations hypothesis using long-maturity forward rates
by Christiansen, Charlotte
- 181-185 Operational time of the Korea stock markets
by Kim, In-Moo
- 187-195 Inflation tax and money essentiality
by de Holanda Barbosa, Fernando & Barros da Cunha, Alexandre
- 197-203 Assessing European stock markets (co)integration
by Garcia Pascual, Antonio
- 205-212 An inverted-U relationship between inequality and long-run growth
by Chen, Been-Lon
- 213-218 On the existence of equilibria to Bayesian games with non-finite type and action spaces
by Meirowitz, Adam
- 219-224 Currency substitution: new evidence from emerging economies
by Selcuk, Faruk
- 225-229 Restrictions on the autoregressive parameters of share systems with spatial dependence
by Lahatte, Agenor
- 231-239 A positive theory of immigration amnesties
by Karlson, Stephen H. & Katz, Eliakim
- 241-245 National versus sectoral shocks: new evidence for the manufacturing sector in European countries
by Ramos, Raul & Clar, Miquel & Surinach, Jordi
- 247-252 Measuring technical progress in gross and net products
by Pezzey, John C. V.
- 253-258 Investment and financial constraints in transition economies: micro evidence from Poland, the Czech Republic, Bulgaria and Romania
by Konings, Jozef & Rizov, Marian & Vandenbussche, Hylke
- 259-265 A note on bootstrapping unit root tests in the presence of a non-zero drift
by van Giersbergen, Noud P. A.
- 267-271 Reversing privatization as a screening mechanism
by Li, Hongbin
- 273-280 Generalizing incentives and loss of control in an optimal hierarchy: the role of information technology
by Meagher, Kieron J.
- 281-286 Globalization and unemployment: the role of international diversification
by Harms, Philipp & Hefeker, Carsten
- 287-291 Why do multinational enterprises borrow from local banks?
by Du, Julan
- 293-293 Erratum to "Tests for covariance stationarity and white noise, with an application to Euro/US dollar exchange rate: An approach based on the evolutionary spectral density" [Economics Letters 77 (2002) 177-186]
by Ahamada, Ibrahim & Boutahar, Mohamed
January 2003, Volume 78, Issue 1
- 1-7 Quality heterogeneity and welfare
by Symeonidis, George
- 9-16 Confidence building and politics in privatization: some evidence from Spain
by Bel, Germa
- 17-25 Cointegration and the joint confirmation hypothesis
by Gabriel, Vasco J.
- 27-32 An experiment on the value of structural information in a 2 x 2 repeated game
by Mitropoulos, Atanasios
- 33-39 Note on bandwidth selection in testing for long range dependence
by Xiao, Zhijie
- 41-47 A competitive market model for indivisible commodities
by Yang, Zaifu
- 49-54 Which mechanisms support the fulfillment of sales agreements?: Asking decision-makers in firms
by Hendley, Kathryn & Murrell, Peter
- 55-58 Optimal monetary policy under inflation targeting based on an instrument rule
by Guender, Alfred V.
- 59-66 Comparing social security programs with leisure and bequests
by Zhang, Jie
- 67-70 Matching with multiple applications
by Albrecht, James W. & Gautier, Pieter A. & Vroman, Susan B.
- 71-77 Gains from FDI inflows with incomplete information
by Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim
- 79-86 A homothetic utility function for monopolistic competition models, without constant price elasticity
by Feenstra, Robert C.
- 87-92 Industry-wide versus firm-specific uncertainty and investment: British company panel data evidence
by Henley, Andrew & Carruth, Alan & Dickerson, Andy
- 93-99 Measuring pro-poor growth
by Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua
- 101-108 Perfect competition and intra-industry trade
by Cukrowski, Jacek & Aksen, Ernest
- 109-115 Capital structure and output pricing in a developing country
by Erol, Turan
- 117-123 Inflation and productivity shocks
by Christofides, Louis N. & Mamuneas, Theofanis P.
- 125-129 Loan market equilibrium with difference of opinion and imperfect competition
by Hyytinen, Ari
- 131-137 Price or quantity in tacit collusion?
by Lambertini, Luca & Schultz, Christian
- 139-146 Stability and non-linear dynamics in the broad demand for money in Spain
by Ordonez, Javier
November 2002, Volume 77, Issue 3
- 301-307 Hybrid auctions
by Dutra, Joisa C. & Menezes, Flavio M.
- 309-313 Cross-border shopping from small to large countries
by Nielsen, Soren Bo
- 315-321 Regulations, regime switches and non-monotonicity when non-compliance is an option: an application to content protection and preference
by Ju, Jiandong & Krishna, Kala
- 323-327 A bound on the number of Nash equilibria in a coordination game
by Quint, Thomas & Shubik, Martin
- 329-333 Asymmetric adjustment from structural booms and slumps
by Siklos, Pierre L.
- 335-341 The link between growth volatility and technical progress: cross-country evidence
by Tang, Sam Hak Kan
- 343-347 On the power of the Augmented Dickey-Fuller test against fractional alternatives using bootstrap
by Bisaglia, Luisa & Procidano, Isabella
- 349-356 A note on wage differentials, fixed-wages and adverse selection
by Carlier, G. & Gaumont, D.
- 357-363 A mean shift break in the US interest rate
by Gil-Alana, Luis A.
- 365-369 Disagreement is unpredictable
by Hanson, Robin
- 371-376 Foreign direct investment, exports and domestic performance in Mexico: a causality analysis
by Alguacil, Ma. Teresa & Cuadros, Ana & Orts, Vicente
- 377-380 Growth and utility maximization
by Hellwig, Klaus
- 381-385 The effect of the normalisation of the shadow price vector on the cost function estimation
by Maietta, Ornella Wanda
- 387-392 The income elasticity of non-point source air pollutants: revisiting the environmental Kuznets curve
by Khanna, Neha
- 393-398 Product innovations and quality-adjusted prices
by Fishman, Arthur & Rob, Rafael
- 399-404 Tobit without apology
by Levy, Armando
- 405-409 Empirical evidence of the spot and the forward exchange rates in Canada
by Gil-Alana, Luis A.
- 411-417 Nonlinear mean reversion in real exchange rates
by Chortareas, Georgios E. & Kapetanios, George & Shin, Yongcheol
- 419-424 Dynamic inconsistency and self-control: a planner-doer interpretation
by Benabou, Roland & Pycia, Marek
- 425-431 Probability mass functions for additional years of labor market activity induced by the Markov (increment-decrement) model
by Skoog, Gary & Ciecka, James
- 433-437 A note on NNS models: introducing physical capital; avoiding rationing
by Danthine, Jean-Pierre & Donaldson, John B.
- 439-444 The returns to R&D in Tobin q models and the option value of future R&D
by Bosworth, Derek
October 2002, Volume 77, Issue 2
- 147-155 Information, addiction, and 'bad choices': lessons from a century of cigarettes
by Sloan, Frank A. & Smith, V. Kerry & Taylor, Donald Jr.
- 157-161 Do past unemployment spells affect the duration of current unemployment?
by Choi, HwaJung & Shin, Donggyun
- 163-168 The non-optimality of proposed monetary policy rules under timeless perspective commitment
by Jensen, Christian & McCallum, Bennett T.
- 169-175 Industry profits and competition under bilateral oligopoly
by Naylor, Robin A.
- 177-186 Tests for covariance stationarity and white noise, with an application to Euro/US dollar exchange rate: An approach based on the evolutionary spectral density
by Ahamada, Ibrahim
- 187-194 Can non-linear time series models generate US business cycle asymmetric shape?
by Beatriz C. Galvao, Ana
- 195-198 How much should central banks talk?: A new argument
by Gruner, Hans Peter
- 199-204 Tax incidence with bargaining
by Chae, Suchan
- 205-209 Inflation and Central Bank independence revisited
by Brumm, Harold J.
- 211-220 On testing overidentifying restrictions in dynamic panel data models
by Bowsher, Clive G.
- 221-225 Capital account liberalization and inflation
by Gruben, William C. & McLeod, Darryl
- 227-232 Extending the McCallum monetary policy reaction function for more than two periods
by Romhanyi, Balazs
- 233-237 A note on public goods dependency
by Kanbur, Ravi & Pottebaum, David
- 239-243 The KPSS test with seasonal dummies
by Phillips, Peter C. B. & Jin, Sainan
- 245-253 Predicting a recession: evidence from the yield curve in the presence of structural breaks
by Chauvet, Marcelle & Potter, Simon
- 255-263 Tariffs in monopolistic competition models with leisure-consumption trade-off
by Frensch, Richard
- 265-269 Calibration and the volatility of labor: a cautionary note
by Salyer, Kevin D.
- 271-277 Monetary policy and long term interest rates in Germany
by Peersman, Gert
- 279-285 Labor-market search and real business cycles: Nash bargaining vs. fair wage
by Cheron, A.
- 287-292 The causal effects of exports on firm size and labor productivity: first evidence from a matching approach
by Wagner, Joachim
- 293-299 Are saving and investment cointegrated? An ARDL bounds testing approach
by De Vita, Glauco & Abbott, Andrew
September 2002, Volume 77, Issue 1
- 1-8 Asset pricing with jump/diffusion permanent income shocks
by Freeman, Mark
- 9-14 The role of the urban/non-urban cost-of-living difference in measured intergenerational earnings mobility
by Kim, Bonggeun
- 15-20 'Keep it real!': a real-time UK macro data set
by Egginton, Don M. & Pick, Andreas & Vahey, Shaun P.
- 21-26 Risk aversion and rising wage inequality
by Caroli, Eve & Garcia-Penalosa, Cecilia
- 27-34 Optimal saving rules for loss-averse agents under uncertainty
by Siegmann, Arjen
- 35-40 Monetary uncertainty, strategic wage setting and equilibrium employment
by Lawler, Phillip
- 41-45 New evidence on international R&D spillovers, human capital and productivity in the OECD
by del Barrio-Castro, Tomas & Lopez-Bazo, Enrique & Serrano-Domingo, Guadalupe
- 47-53 Testing the distribution of error components in panel data models
by Gilbert, Scott
- 55-63 Market timing: a test of a charting heuristic
by Leigh, William & Paz, Noemi & Purvis, Russell
- 65-72 Quality underprovision by a monopolist when quality is not costly
by Gabszewicz, Jean J. & Wauthy, Xavier Y.
- 73-78 Investment in real assets and information acquisition: the OCE preferences case
by Giannikos, Christos I. & Ozenbas, Deniz
- 79-84 Structural breaks and fractional integration in the US output and unemployment rate
by Gil-Alana, Luis A.
- 85-91 Trade as a threshold variable for multiple regimes
by Papageorgiou, Chris
- 93-99 GDP growth and the composite leading index: a nonlinear causality analysis for eleven countries
by Huh, Hyeon-seung
- 101-107 Technological inefficiency and the skewness of the error component in stochastic frontier analysis
by Carree, Martin A.
- 109-115 The effects of sunk costs on entry and exit: evidence from 36 countries
by Gschwandtner, Adelina & Lambson, Val E.
- 117-123 Non-binary choice in a non-deterministic model
by Alcantud, J. C. R.
- 125-130 Indeterminate steady-state equilibria in a one-sector model
by Borissov, Kirill
- 131-135 Political determinants of central bank independence
by Farvaque, Etienne
- 137-146 An improvement of the GPH estimator
by Andersson, Jonas
August 2002, Volume 76, Issue 3
- 303-309 Reconsidering the labeling effect for child benefits: evidence from a transition economy
by Edmonds, Eric
- 311-316 The term premium, time varying interest rate volatility and central bank policy reaction
by Kugler, Peter
- 317-322 Product differentiation in spatial Cournot markets
by Shimizu, Daisuke