2000, Volume 66, Issue 1
- 49-54 Maxmin expected utility through statewise combinations
by Casadesus-Masanell, Ramon & Klibanoff, Peter & Ozdenoren, Emre
- 55-58 Sunk cost effects: a test of the importance of context
by Keasey, Kevin & Moon, Philip
- 59-63 Menu costs, firm size and price rigidity
by Buckle, Robert A. & Carlson, John A.
- 65-70 Optimal consumption when capital markets are imperfect
by Scott, Andrew
- 71-77 Further evidence on the variability of inflation and relative price variability
by Chang, Eric C. & Cheng, Joseph W.
- 79-83 The term spread as a monthly cyclical indicator: an evaluation
by Boulier, Bryan L. & Stekler, H. O.
- 85-91 The preferred hedge instrument
by Battermann, Harald L. & Braulke, Michael & Broll, Udo & Schimmelpfennig, Jorg
- 93-98 Search theory and the wage curve
by Sato, Yasuhiro
- 99-105 A dynamic efficiency wage model with learning by doing
by Jellal, Mohamed & Zenou, Yves
- 107-112 Short- and long-term unemployment
by Portugal, Pedro & Addison, John T.
- 113-119 On the optimal marginal rate of income tax
by Myles, Gareth D.
1999, Volume 65, Issue 3
- 265-273 Does risk aversion or attraction depend on income? An experiment
by Bosch-Domenech, Antoni & Silvestre, Joaquim
- 275-279 Multiscale behaviour of volatility autocorrelations in a financial market
by Pasquini, Michele & Serva, Maurizio
- 281-284 A simple linear time series model with misleading nonlinear properties
by Andersson, Michael K. & Eklund, Bruno & Lyhagen, Johan
- 285-291 A note on tests for partial parameter instability in the trend stationary model
by Kuan, Chung-Ming
- 293-299 Nonparametric, nonlinear, short-term forecasting: theory and evidence for nonlinearities in the commodity markets
by Agnon, Yehuda & Golan, Amos & Shearer, Matthew
- 301-307 Misspecification of the breaking date in segmented trend variables: effect on the unit root tests
by Montanes, Antonio & Olloqui, Irene
- 309-314 Calculation of aggregate demand and supply disturbances from a common trends model
by Hansson, Jesper
- 315-322 Strategic bargaining with destructive power
by Manzini, Paola
- 323-328 Framing and cooperation in public good games: an experiment with an interior solution
by Willinger, Marc & Ziegelmeyer, Anthony
- 329-337 A fast and stable method to compute the likelihood of time invariant state-space models
by Casals, Jose & Sotoca, Sonia & Jerez, Miguel
- 339-346 Inequality and redistribution revisited
by Lee, Woojin & Roemer, John E.
- 347-351 Equilibrium uniqueness in oligopoly games with strategic complements
by Peitz, Martin
- 353-358 A two-stage Bertrand-Edgeworth game
by Tasnadi, Attila
- 359-364 Technological improvements in vaccine efficacy and individual incentive to vaccinate
by Xu, Xiaopeng
- 365-371 A U.S.-Japan comparison of the importance and determinants of retirement saving
by Horioka, Charles Yuji & Okui, Megumi
- 373-377 Are poorer states worse at targeting their poor?
by Ravallion, Martin
- 379-388 Market structure and incentives to innovate: the case of Cournot oligopoly
by Yi, Sang-Seung
- 389-395 On the geography of hate
by Jefferson, Philip N. & Pryor, Frederic L.
1999, Volume 65, Issue 2
- 135-142 Siblings, strangers, and the surge of altruism
by Stark, Oded
- 143-147 On the maximum likelihood cointegration procedure under a fractional equilibrium error
by Andersson, Michael K. & Gredenhoff, Mikael P.
- 149-156 Unit roots and structural breaks in OECD unemployment
by Arestis, Philip & Biefang-Frisancho Mariscal, Iris
- 157-163 Forward versus reverse regression and cointegration
by Christou, Christina & Pittis, Nikitas
- 165-172 Who is discouraged from applying for credit?
by Crook, Jonathan
- 173-176 Efficiency at different levels of aggregation: public vs. private sector firms
by Fox, Kevin J.
- 177-182 Capacity choice in a two-stage problem under uncertainty
by Hennessy, David A.
- 183-189 A simple analysis of the US emission permits auctions
by Kline, J. Jude & Menezes, Flavio M.
- 191-197 Piecewise linear tax functions, progressivity, and the principle of equal sacrifice
by D'Antoni, Massimo
- 199-203 Variable capital utilization and investment shocks
by Ejarque, Joao
- 205-212 Insuring and u'''(y)
by Hartwick, John M.
- 213-220 Intraindustry trade, high-wage jobs, and the wage gap
by Teck Hoon, Hian
- 221-225 Corporate tax competition, tariffs and multinational firms
by Bloch, Francis & Lefebvre, Eric
- 227-237 Trade surpluses and life-cycle saving behaviour
by Herbertsson, Tryggvi Thor & Zoega, Gylfi
- 239-243 The payment of public sector workers in the UK: reconciliation with North American findings
by Blackaby, D. H. & Murphy, P. D. & O'Leary, N. C.
- 245-248 Good vs. bad characteristics in vertical differentiation
by Garella, Paolo G. & Lambertini, Luca
- 249-253 A test of the conditional convergence hypothesis: econometric evidence from African countries
by Murthy, N. R. Vasudeva & Ukpolo, Victor
- 255-263 Life expectancy and endogenous growth
by de la Croix, David & Licandro, Omar
1999, Volume 65, Issue 1
- 1-7 Bayesian learning when chaos looms large
by Albert, Max
- 9-15 Estimating dynamic panel data models: a guide for macroeconomists
by Judson, Ruth A. & Owen, Ann L.
- 17-24 The estimation of a rank 3 demand system with demographic demand shifters from quasi-unit record data of household consumption
by Michelini, Claudio
- 25-31 A note on fully-modified estimation of seemingly unrelated regressions models with integrated regressors
by Moon, Hyungsik R.
- 33-39 Testing for normality in a probit model with double selection
by Lahiri, Kajal & Song, Jae G.
- 41-46 A note on optimal penal codes in stochastic Bertrand supergames
by Lambson, Val E.
- 47-54 A note on three-player noncooperative bargaining with restricted pairwise meetings
by Calvo-Armengol, Antoni
- 55-57 Drug addiction and the economic rationalization of gun control
by Epstein, Gil S. & Rapoport, Hillel & Weiss, Avi
- 59-65 A folk theorem for one-shot Bertrand games
by Baye, Michael R. & Morgan, John
- 67-69 An example of multi-unit auctions with atypically many equilibria
by Engelbrecht-Wiggans, Richard
- 71-74 Auction design with a risk averse seller
by Eso, Peter & Futo, Gabor
- 75-83 Information and asset prices in complete markets exchange economies
by Krebs, Tom
- 85-89 Optimal debt contracts and the single-crossing condition
by Faure-Grimaud, Antoine & Mariotti, Thomas
- 91-96 Discretionary monetary policy with costly inflation
by Dennis, Richard
- 97-103 Multiple equilibria and progressive taxation of labor income
by Guo, Jang-Ting
- 105-113 Insider trading with correlated signals
by Jain, Neelam & Mirman, Leonard J.
- 115-120 Does bank relationship have an economic value?: The effect of main bank failure on client firms
by Yamori, Nobuyoshi & Murakami, Akinobu
- 121-129 Do small plants grow faster? Evidence from the Taiwan electronics industry
by Liu, Jin-Tan & Tsou, Meng-Wen & Hammitt, James K.
- 131-134 A positive effect of human capital on growth
by Temple, Jonathan
1999, Volume 64, Issue 3
- 257-262 A better way to bootstrap pairs
by Flachaire, Emmanuel
- 263-269 Predicting multinomial choices using maximum entropy
by Campbell, Randall C. & Carter Hill, R.
- 271-275 A theory-consistent system approach for estimating potential output and the NAIRU
by Apel, Mikael & Jansson, Per
- 277-278 Quantum economics, uncertainty and the optimal grid size
by Shubik, Martin
- 279-283 Potential games: a purely ordinal approach
by Kukushkin, Nikolai S.
- 285-289 An intertemporal consumption-leisure model with non-expected utility
by Koskievic, Jean-Max
- 291-294 On the likelihood of a prisoners' dilemma in a differentiated duopoly
by Bernhofen, Daniel M. & Bernhofen, Laura T.
- 295-300 Statistical inference for two measures of inequality when incomes are correlated
by Van de gaer, Dirk & Funnell, Nicola & McCarthy, Tom
- 301-307 Gaussian approximation of expected utility
by Diamond, Harvey & Gelles, Gregory
- 309-314 Is the consumption-income ratio stationary? Evidence from panel unit root tests
by Sarantis, Nicholas & Stewart, Chris
- 315-318 Contrasting effects of risk on investment in two sectors: evidence from Ireland on real options
by Driver, Ciaran
- 319-324 A three-factor search model
by Frijters, Paul
- 325-327 Target zones and small realignments
by Pansard, Fabrice
- 329-337 A simple model of market liquidity
by Instefjord, Norvald
- 339-342 No-arbitrage pricing for life insurance and annuities
by Carriere, Jacques F.
- 343-349 Does the composition of wage and payroll taxes matter under Nash bargaining?
by Koskela, Erkki & Schob, Ronnie
- 351-355 Testing the convergence hypothesis: a new approach
by Bairam, Erkin I. & McRae, Shaun D.
- 357-361 Complementarity between physical and human capital, and speed of convergence
by Alvarez Albelo, Carmen D.
- 363-368 The socially optimal locations of three stores with stockouts or limited product selections
by Braid, Ralph M.
1999, Volume 64, Issue 2
- 125-131 On the backward induction method
by Aliprantis, Charalambos D.
- 133-141 A residual based test for the null hypothesis of cointegration
by Xiao, Zhijie
- 143-149 An extension of the maximum score estimator for disequilibrium models
by Mayer, Walter J.
- 151-160 A simple nonlinear filter for economic time series analysis
by Wen, Yi & Zeng, Bing
- 161-165 Bias in maximum likelihood estimator of disequilibrium and sample selection model with error-ridden observations
by Takagi, Shingo
- 167-171 Refining the Carlson-Parkin method
by Loffler, Gunter
- 173-180 An observational equivalence among -control policies
by Kasa, Kenneth
- 181-185 First price auctions with resale
by Gupta, Madhurima & Lebrun, Bernard
- 187-192 The additivity and dummy axioms in the discrete cost sharing model
by Wang, YunTong
- 193-196 Irreversible investment and the expected capital stock with stationary uncertainty
by Mash, Richard
- 197-202 Currency devaluation, aggregate output, and the long run: an empirical study
by Upadhyaya, Kamal P.
- 203-207 Asset prices and the distribution of wealth
by Sandroni, Alvaro
- 209-213 Managerial equity ownership and bank performance: entrenchment or size effects?
by Hirschey, Mark
- 215-221 Technical change in banking
by Altunbas, Yener & Goddard, John & Molyneux, Phil
- 223-231 Endogenous expenditures and student achievement
by Sander, William
- 233-239 Estimating the bias due to measurement error in the economic returns to schooling: evidence from the 1990 February Current Population Survey
by Rodgers III, William M. & Bruhl, Sarah
- 241-247 Stigma effects of layoffs?: Evidence from German micro-data
by Grund, Christian
- 249-255 Specialization and the big push
by Yamada, Masao
1999, Volume 64, Issue 1
- 1-12 Examining the first stages of market performance: a test for evolving market efficiency
by Zalewska-Mitura, Anna & Hall, Stephen G.
- 13-16 Testing for a break at an unknown change-point: a test with known size in small samples
by Greene, Clinton A.
- 17-23 Estimation of combined site-choice and trip-frequency models of recreational demand using choice-based and on-site samples
by Laitila, Thomas
- 25-30 Estimation of the SUR Tobit model via the MCECM algorithm
by Huang, Ho-Chuan (River)
- 31-36 Time series properties of aggregated AR(1) processes with uniformly distributed coefficients
by Linden, Mikael
- 37-41 A panel data analysis: research and development spillover
by Muller, Werner G. & Nettekoven, Michaela
- 43-49 Marginal effects in the censored regression model
by Greene, William
- 51-56 Dynamic data envelopment analysis: modeling intertemporal behavior of a firm in the presence of productive inefficiencies
by Nemoto, Jiro & Goto, Mika
- 57-60 The convergence of fictitious play in 3 x 3 games with strategic complementarities
by Hahn, Sunku
- 61-65 Testing the rank of Engel curves with endogenous expenditure
by Lyssiotou, Panayiota & Pashardes, Panos & Stengos, Thanasis
- 67-72 Equilibrium price paths in sequential auctions with stochastic supply
by Jeitschko, Thomas D.
- 73-80 The effect of barter on the demand for money: an empirical analysis
by Marvasti, A. & Smyth, David J.
- 81-85 Regression vs. non-regression models of normal returns: implications for event studies
by Cable, John & Holland, Kevin
- 87-98 What is the value of knowing uninformed trades?
by Yu, Fan
- 99-105 An economic analysis of child labor
by Ranjan, Priya
- 107-115 Quality choice and the Coase problem
by Chi, Woody Chih-Yi
- 117-123 Which comes first, jobs or people? An analysis of the recent stylized facts
by Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S.
1999, Volume 63, Issue 3
- 245-253 Approximate p-values of predictive tests for structural stability
by Sen, Amit
- 255-259 Evidence for optimistic and pessimistic behavior in normal-form games
by Haruvy, Ernan & Stahl, Dale O. & Wilson, Paul W.
- 261-267 Bootstrapped White's test for heteroskedasticity in regression models
by Jeong, Jinook & Lee, Kyoungwoo
- 269-277 Frequency domain inference for univariate impulse responses
by Wright, Jonathan H.
- 279-283 Response surfaces estimates for the Dickey-Fuller unit root test with structural breaks
by Carrion i Silvestre, Josep Lluis & Sanso i Rossello, Andreu & Artis Ortuno, Manuel
- 285-294 Estimating the fractionally integrated process in the presence of measurement errors
by Chong, Terence Tai-leung & Lui, Gilbert Chiu-sing
- 295-303 A new estimator of the fractionally integrated stochastic volatility model
by Wright, Jonathan H.
- 305-312 Bayesian analysis of duration models: an application to Chapter 11 bankruptcy
by Li, Kai
- 313-319 On errors in variable biases in estimates of export price elasticities
by Madsen, Jakob B.
- 321-326 The large and the small - who exploits whom?
by Xu, Xiaopeng
- 327-333 Herding over the career
by Avery, Christopher N. & Chevalier, Judith A.
- 335-339 (In)Flexibility and the level of output: a word of caution
by Eeckhoudt, Louis & Treich, Nicolas
- 341-349 Efficiency and income redistribution in the single-peaked preferences model with several commodities
by Amoros, Pablo
- 351-354 Payoff dependence of comparative statics results on information structure
by Immordino, Giovanni
- 355-361 Currency ratios and U.S. underground economic activity
by Porter, Richard D. & Weinbach, Gretchen C.
- 363-367 Job satisfaction and preference drift1
by Groot, Wim & Maassen van den Brink, Henriette
- 369-375 Consumer switching costs and private information
by Elder, Erick & To, Ted
- 377-380 The effects of separability on incentive-based instrument performance
by Schwabe, Kurt A.
1999, Volume 63, Issue 2
- 129-132 Consistency of two-step sample selection estimators despite misspecification of distribution
by Newey, Whitney K.
- 133-138 On the proper bounds of the Gini correlation
by Schechtman, E. & Yitzhaki, S.
- 139-144 Multiple spells in the Prentice-Gloeckler-Meyer likelihood with unobserved heterogeneity
by Ondrich, Jan & Rhody, Stephen E.
- 145-150 Time-aggregation effects on the baseline of continuous-time and discrete-time hazard models
by Hofstede, Frenkel ter & Wedel, Michel
- 151-158 Convergence of the static estimation toward the long run effects of dynamic panel data models
by Pirotte, Alain
- 159-165 Weak exogeneity and long-run and contemporaneous identifying restrictions in VEC models
by Fisher, Lance A. & Huh, Hyeon-seung
- 167-173 Endogenous growth and multiplicity due to finite patents' lifetime
by Laussel, Didier & Nyssen, Jules
- 175-180 The replacement principle and tree structured preferences
by Vohra, Rakesh V.
- 181-185 Know-how disclosure and incomplete contracts
by Rosenkranz, Stephanie & Schmitz, Patrick W.
- 187-191 Privatization and surplus labor in the Egyptian textile industry
by Aly, Hassan Y. & Shields, Michael P.
- 193-199 Second-best antitrust in general equilibrium: a special case
by Hansen, Claus Thustrup
- 201-206 Existence of pure strategy Nash equilibrium in Bertrand-Edgeworth oligopolies
by Tasnadi, Attila
- 207-211 Bertrand-Edgeworth equilibria with unobservable output, uncoordinated consumers and large number of firms
by Chowdhury, Prabal Roy
- 213-216 Cost minimization and regulation in general equilibrium: an example
by Brusco, Sandro
- 217-223 Debreu's decomposition and aggregate demand functions
by Loffler, Andreas
- 225-234 Weak separability of non-tradables from consumer good imports: A simple test with evidence from Bangladesh
by Emran, Shahe & Alam, Imam
- 235-238 The comparative efficiency of ad valorem and specific taxes under monopoly and monopsony
by Hamilton, Stephen F.
- 239-243 Welfare equivalent NNP under distributional objectives
by Aronsson, Thomas & Lofgren, Karl-Gustaf
1999, Volume 63, Issue 1
- 1-3 A matrix extension of the Cauchy-Schwarz inequality
by Tripathi, Gautam
- 5-17 A comparison of the power of some tests for conditional heteroscedasticity
by Peguin-Feissolle, Anne
- 19-21 Inconsistency of a proposed nonlinear instrumental variables estimator for probit and logit models with endogenous regressors
by Dagenais, Marcel G.
- 23-27 A lag augmentation test for the cointegrating rank of a VAR process
by Lutkepohl, Helmut & Saikkonen, Pentti
- 29-32 Non-binary choice functions on non-compact sets
by Llinares, Juan-Vicente & Sanchez, M. Carmen
- 33-37 An axiomatic characterization of efficiency indices
by Christensen, Flemming & Hougaard, Jens Leth & Keiding, Hans
- 39-44 Total factor productivity measurement and human capital in OECD countries
by Maudos, Joaquin & Pastor, Jose Manuel & Serrano, Lorenzo
- 45-53 On evaluating social welfare by sequential generalized Lorenz dominance
by Ok, Efe A. & Lambert, Peter J.
- 55-59 Technological change in optimal non-linear pricing
by Thomas, Lionel
- 61-65 The supremum argument in the new approach to the existence of equilibrium in vector lattices
by Khan, M. Ali & Tourky, Rabee & Vohra, Rajiv
- 67-75 Sunpsots and cycles reconsidered1
by Chattopadhyay, Subir & Muench, Thomas J.
- 77-83 Appropriation possibilities in a simple exchange economy
by Anderton, Charles H.
- 85-90 Gamblers favor skewness, not risk: Further evidence from United States' lottery games
by Garrett, Thomas A. & Sobel, Russell S.
- 91-96 Income uncertainty and the demand for annuities
by Strawczynski, Michel
- 97-101 Price level trend-stationarity and the instruments and targets of monetary policy: An empirical note
by Kugler, Peter
- 103-109 Compensating wage differentials and the value of life
by Dobbs, Ian M.
- 111-118 Technology and the US labor market: Evidence from the sectoral and regional decomposition of the change in the US workforce skill mix
by Alyan, Nafez
- 119-125 Gender differences in earnings among economics and business faculty
by Robinson, Michael D. & Monks, James
1999, Volume 62, Issue 3
- 261-264 Improving the estimation precision for a selected parameter in multiple regression analysis: an algebraic approach
by Huang, Ju-Chin
- 265-270 Efficient GMM and MD estimation of autoregressive models
by Kim, Yangseon & Qian, Hailong & Schmidt, Peter
- 271-278 An elementary nonparametric differencing test of equality of regression functions
by Yatchew, A.
- 279-285 Computation of the maximum rank correlation estimator
by Abrevaya, Jason
- 287-292 UK government expenditure and electoral security in the 1980s: a non-linear analysis
by Easaw, J. Z. & Garratt, D.
- 293-300 A note on convex stochastic dominance
by Wong, Wing-Keung & Li, Chi-Kwong
- 301-305 Continuity of the constraint correspondence in parameterized Kuhn-Tucker problems with concave constraints
by de la Fuente, Angel & Naranjo, Maria Teresa
- 307-310 Pure strategy Nash equilibria of non-zero-sum two-person games: non-convex case
by Ziad, Abderrahmane
- 311-317 Non-separable utility function and indeterminacy of equilibrium in a model with human capital
by Mino, Kazuo
- 319-323 The coefficient of variation, stochastic dominance and inequality: A new interpretation
by Formby, John P. & Smith, W. James & Zheng, Buhong
- 325-330 Demand for medical care, consumption and cointegration
by Kong, Moon-Kee & Lee, Hoe-Kyung
- 331-338 Inflationary expectations and rationality revisited
by Grant, Alan P. & Thomas, Lloyd B.
- 339-345 Death and taxes: their implications for endogenous growth
by Reinhart, Vincent Raymond
- 347-350 Dynamic hedging in currency crisis
by Krueger, Malte
- 351-356 The impact of imports on the demand for labor in Australia
by Tombazos, Christis G.
- 357-363 Has the European Monetary System led to more exports? Evidence from four European Union countries
by Fountas, Stilianos & Aristotelous, Kyriacos
- 365-370 The cyclical behavior of holdout durations
by van Ours, Jan C.
- 371-376 Strategic and welfare implications of bundling
by Martin, Stephen
- 377-381 Economic growth with finite lifetimes
by Araujo, Jorge Thompson & Martins, Marco A. C.
1999, Volume 62, Issue 2
- 147-154 Remarks on the economic interpretation of Hopf bifurcations
by Kind, Christoph
- 155-159 The power of tests for non-linearity: the case of Granger-Lee asymmetry
by Cook, Steven & Holly, Sean & Turner, Paul
- 161-165 A simple nonlinear time series model with misleading linear properties
by Granger, Clive W. J. & Terasvirta, Timo
- 167-174 The accuracy of the higher order bias approximation for the 2SLS estimator
by Hadri, Kaddour & Phillips, Garry D. A.
- 175-180 Nonlinear deterministic forecasting of daily Peseta-Dollar exchange rate
by Soofi, Abdol S. & Cao, Liangyue
- 181-188 The outside option, threat point, and Nash bargaining solution
by Chiu, Y. Stephen & Rachel Yang, B.
- 189-195 The role of unions in hiring procedures for job markets
by Alcalde, Jose & Revilla, Pablo