2002, Volume 77, Issue 3
2002, Volume 77, Issue 2
- 147-155 Information, addiction, and 'bad choices': lessons from a century of cigarettes
by Sloan, Frank A. & Smith, V. Kerry & Taylor, Donald Jr.
- 157-161 Do past unemployment spells affect the duration of current unemployment?
by Choi, HwaJung & Shin, Donggyun
- 163-168 The non-optimality of proposed monetary policy rules under timeless perspective commitment
by Jensen, Christian & McCallum, Bennett T.
- 169-175 Industry profits and competition under bilateral oligopoly
by Naylor, Robin A.
- 177-186 Tests for covariance stationarity and white noise, with an application to Euro/US dollar exchange rate: An approach based on the evolutionary spectral density
by Ahamada, Ibrahim
- 187-194 Can non-linear time series models generate US business cycle asymmetric shape?
by Beatriz C. Galvao, Ana
- 195-198 How much should central banks talk?: A new argument
by Gruner, Hans Peter
- 199-204 Tax incidence with bargaining
by Chae, Suchan
- 205-209 Inflation and Central Bank independence revisited
by Brumm, Harold J.
- 211-220 On testing overidentifying restrictions in dynamic panel data models
by Bowsher, Clive G.
- 221-225 Capital account liberalization and inflation
by Gruben, William C. & McLeod, Darryl
- 227-232 Extending the McCallum monetary policy reaction function for more than two periods
by Romhanyi, Balazs
- 233-237 A note on public goods dependency
by Kanbur, Ravi & Pottebaum, David
- 239-243 The KPSS test with seasonal dummies
by Phillips, Peter C. B. & Jin, Sainan
- 245-253 Predicting a recession: evidence from the yield curve in the presence of structural breaks
by Chauvet, Marcelle & Potter, Simon
- 255-263 Tariffs in monopolistic competition models with leisure-consumption trade-off
by Frensch, Richard
- 265-269 Calibration and the volatility of labor: a cautionary note
by Salyer, Kevin D.
- 271-277 Monetary policy and long term interest rates in Germany
by Peersman, Gert
- 279-285 Labor-market search and real business cycles: Nash bargaining vs. fair wage
by Cheron, A.
- 287-292 The causal effects of exports on firm size and labor productivity: first evidence from a matching approach
by Wagner, Joachim
- 293-299 Are saving and investment cointegrated? An ARDL bounds testing approach
by De Vita, Glauco & Abbott, Andrew
2002, Volume 77, Issue 1
- 1-8 Asset pricing with jump/diffusion permanent income shocks
by Freeman, Mark
- 9-14 The role of the urban/non-urban cost-of-living difference in measured intergenerational earnings mobility
by Kim, Bonggeun
- 15-20 'Keep it real!': a real-time UK macro data set
by Egginton, Don M. & Pick, Andreas & Vahey, Shaun P.
- 21-26 Risk aversion and rising wage inequality
by Caroli, Eve & Garcia-Penalosa, Cecilia
- 27-34 Optimal saving rules for loss-averse agents under uncertainty
by Siegmann, Arjen
- 35-40 Monetary uncertainty, strategic wage setting and equilibrium employment
by Lawler, Phillip
- 41-45 New evidence on international R&D spillovers, human capital and productivity in the OECD
by del Barrio-Castro, Tomas & Lopez-Bazo, Enrique & Serrano-Domingo, Guadalupe
- 47-53 Testing the distribution of error components in panel data models
by Gilbert, Scott
- 55-63 Market timing: a test of a charting heuristic
by Leigh, William & Paz, Noemi & Purvis, Russell
- 65-72 Quality underprovision by a monopolist when quality is not costly
by Gabszewicz, Jean J. & Wauthy, Xavier Y.
- 73-78 Investment in real assets and information acquisition: the OCE preferences case
by Giannikos, Christos I. & Ozenbas, Deniz
- 79-84 Structural breaks and fractional integration in the US output and unemployment rate
by Gil-Alana, Luis A.
- 85-91 Trade as a threshold variable for multiple regimes
by Papageorgiou, Chris
- 93-99 GDP growth and the composite leading index: a nonlinear causality analysis for eleven countries
by Huh, Hyeon-seung
- 101-107 Technological inefficiency and the skewness of the error component in stochastic frontier analysis
by Carree, Martin A.
- 109-115 The effects of sunk costs on entry and exit: evidence from 36 countries
by Gschwandtner, Adelina & Lambson, Val E.
- 117-123 Non-binary choice in a non-deterministic model
by Alcantud, J. C. R.
- 125-130 Indeterminate steady-state equilibria in a one-sector model
by Borissov, Kirill
- 131-135 Political determinants of central bank independence
by Farvaque, Etienne
- 137-146 An improvement of the GPH estimator
by Andersson, Jonas
2002, Volume 76, Issue 3
- 303-309 Reconsidering the labeling effect for child benefits: evidence from a transition economy
by Edmonds, Eric
- 311-316 The term premium, time varying interest rate volatility and central bank policy reaction
by Kugler, Peter
- 317-322 Product differentiation in spatial Cournot markets
by Shimizu, Daisuke
- 323-329 Precautionary wealth accumulation: a positive third derivative is not enough
by Huggett, Mark & Vidon, Edouard
- 331-336 On the multiplicity of efficiency-inducing tax rules
by Benchekroun, Hassan & Van Long, Ngo
- 337-343 The size of meetings and the role of money
by Mills, David Jr.
- 345-349 Menu costs, firm strategy, and price rigidity
by Owen, Ann & Trzepacz, David
- 351-356 Unidimensional Downsian politics: median, utilitarian or what else?
by Laussel, Didier & Le Breton, Michel
- 357-367 Neighborhood wealth distributions
by Ioannides, Yannis M. & Seslen, Tracey N.
- 369-374 Nesting quadratic logarithmic demand systems
by Lyssiotou, Panayiota & Pashardes, Panos & Stengos, Thanasis
- 375-382 Comparison of forecast performance for homogeneous, heterogeneous and shrinkage estimators: Some empirical evidence from US electricity and natural-gas consumption
by Baltagi, Badi H. & Bresson, Georges & Pirotte, Alain
- 383-391 Spurious logarithms and the KPSS statistic
by de Jong, Robert M. & Schmidt, Peter
- 393-396 On non-existence of pure strategy Markov perfect equilibrium
by Livshits, Igor
- 397-404 The long-run relation between black market and official exchange rates: evidence from panel cointegration
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Miteza, Ilir & Nasir, A. B. M.
- 405-410 Initial asset inequality and tariff formation: a cross-country analysis
by Hwang, Jinyoung & Jung, Kun-Oh
- 411-417 GMM estimation of the new Phillips curve
by Ma, Adrian
- 419-427 Credibility, cost of reneging and the choice of fixed exchange rate regime
by Rasmussen, Bo Sandemann
- 429-436 Using bootstrap methods to obtain nonnormality robust Chow prediction tests
by Godfrey, Leslie G. & Orme, Chris D.
- 437-442 The Modigliani 'puzzle'
by Herbertsson, Tryggvi Thor & Zoega, Gylfi
- 443-447 Markets that don't replicate any option
by Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Tourky, Rabee
2002, Volume 76, Issue 2
- 151-158 Gender differences in revealed risk taking: evidence from mutual fund investors
by Dwyer, Peggy D. & Gilkeson, James H. & List, John A.
- 159-164 Migration dynamics
by Stark, Oded & Wang, You Qiang
- 165-171 A new kernel for long-run variance estimates in seasonal time series models
by Shin, Dong Wan & Oh, Man-Suk
- 173-178 Price discrimination and majority voting
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques
- 179-187 International income mobility
by Parker, Simon C. & Gardner, Sam
- 189-194 Candidate ability and platform choice
by Dix, Manfred & Santore, Rudy
- 195-203 Firm size and economic growth
by Shaffer, Sherrill
- 205-211 Test of heteroscedasticity in a regression model in the presence of measurement errors
by Wallentin, Bo & Agren, Anders
- 213-221 A simple method of testing for cointegration subject to multiple regime changes
by Gabriel, Vasco J. & Psaradakis, Zacharias & Sola, Martin
- 223-229 Is public information really irrelevant in explaining asset returns?
by Edmonds, Radcliffe Jr. & Kutan, Ali M.
- 231-237 Payoff equivalence in sealed bid auctions and the dual theory of choice under risk
by Volij, Oscar
- 239-244 Sequential bidding in auctions of construction contracts
by De Silva, Dakshina G. & Dunne, Timothy & Kosmopoulou, Georgia
- 245-250 Nominal data and the production smoothing hypothesis
by Wang, Hung-Jen
- 251-258 Comparing the superlative Tornqvist and Fisher ideal indexes
by Dumagan, Jesus C.
- 259-265 An explicit variance formula for the Box-Cox functional form estimator
by Yang, Zhenlin & Abeysinghe, Tilak
- 267-271 A note on the nonstationary binary choice logit model
by Guerre, Emmanuel & Moon, Hyungsik Roger
- 273-279 The forward premium anomaly and the trend behavior of the exchange rates
by Zhou, Su
- 281-287 On production efficiency in federal systems
by Kotsogiannis, Christos & Makris, Miltiadis
- 289-293 Is technical change directed by the supply of skills?: The case of South Korea
by Serrano, Lorenzo & Timmer, Marcel P.
- 295-302 Seasonal unit root tests with seasonal mean shifts
by Harvey, David I. & Leybourne, Stephen J. & Newbold, Paul
2002, Volume 76, Issue 1
- 1-9 On instrumental variable estimation of semiparametric dynamic panel data models
by Baltagi, Badi H. & Li, Qi
- 11-17 Import prices and the political economy of tariffs: evidence from Germany, Japan, and the United States, 1954-1994
by Sherman, Richard
- 19-25 Student migration and institution control as screening devices
by Hilmer, Michael J.
- 27-33 Inflation and relative price variability
by Bakhshi, Hasan
- 35-45 Jackknife minimum distance estimation
by Kezdi, Gabor & Hahn, Jinyong & Solon, Gary
- 47-51 Information gatekeepers and price discrimination on the internet
by Baye, Michael R. & Morgan, John
- 53-58 Market-makers' supply and pricing of financial market liquidity
by Shen, Pu & Starr, Ross M.
- 59-64 Forecasting exchange rate volatility
by Vilasuso, Jon
- 65-71 Computing white stylized facts on comovement
by Andre, Francisco J. & Perez, Javier J. & Martin, Ricardo
- 73-76 Spatial mismatch in the labor market and racial differences in neighborhood crime
by Ihlanfeldt, Keith
- 77-84 A test for volatility spillovers
by Sola, Martin & Spagnolo, Fabio & Spagnolo, Nicola
- 85-93 Factor market linkages in a global economy
by Oslington, Paul
- 95-100 Menu costs and the long-run output-inflation trade-off
by Devereux, Michael B. & Yetman, James
- 101-107 The use of non-normal distributions in quantifying qualitative survey data on expectations
by Mitchell, James
- 109-114 The repeated lake game
by Brock, William A. & de Zeeuw, Aart
- 115-120 Capacity constraint and changing seasonality over business cycles: evidence from plant-level production data
by Tomiura, Eiichi
- 121-127 Money and external habit persistence: A tale for chaos
by Auray, Stephane & Collard, Fabrice & Feve, Patrick
- 129-135 Optimal contributions to flexible spending accounts
by Bhattacharya, Jayanta & Schoenbaum, Michael & Sood, Neeraj
- 137-144 Distributional aspects of the quality change bias in the CPI: evidence from Spain
by Ruiz-Castillo, Javier & Ley, Eduardo & Izquierdo, Mario
- 145-150 Are interest rate regressions evidence for a Taylor rule?
by Minford, Patrick & Perugini, Francesco & Srinivasan, Naveen
2002, Volume 75, Issue 3
- 289-292 The non-parametric identification of lagged duration dependence
by Frijters, Paul
- 293-301 Inflation and output growth uncertainty and their relationship with inflation and output growth
by Fountas, Stilianos & Karanasos, Menelaos & Kim, Jinki
- 303-307 Religion and human capital
by Sander, William
- 309-317 The impact of ownership changes and age effects on plant exits in UK manufacturing, 1974-1995
by Harris, R. I. D. & Hassaszadeh, P.
- 319-324 Optimal demogrants with imperfect tagging
by Salanie, Bernard
- 325-331 Discontinuities of weak instrument limiting distributions
by Hahn, Jinyong & Kuersteiner, Guido
- 333-339 Stochastic dominance in mobility analysis
by Fields, Gary S. & Leary, Jesse B. & Ok, Efe A.
- 341-345 Robust inferences from random clustered samples: an application using data from the panel study of income dynamics
by Pepper, John V.
- 347-353 An exact invariant variance ratio test
by Shively, Philip A.
- 355-360 A theoretical foundation of the Porter hypothesis
by Ambec, Stefan & Barla, Philippe
- 361-367 Strategic sharing in regulatory regimes
by Weisman, Dennis L.
- 369-375 Consumption and saving with habit formation and durability
by Smith, William T.
- 377-382 John Nash and the analysis of strategic behavior
by Crawford, Vincent P.
- 383-389 Did state bank branching deregulation produce large growth effects?
by Freeman, Donald G.
- 391-403 Long-run growth effects of taxation in a non-scale growth model with innovation
by Zeng, Jinli & Zhang, Jie
- 405-408 A simple result for the revenue in share auctions
by Wambach, Achim
- 409-413 Another characterization of the majority rule
by Asan, Goksel & Sanver, M. Remzi
- 415-418 Efficient GMM estimation of weak AR processes
by West, Kenneth D.
- 419-424 Identifying the sign of the slope of a monotonic function via OLS
by Inoue, Atsushi
2002, Volume 75, Issue 2
- 147-156 The stock return-inflation puzzle revisited
by Gallagher, Liam A. & Taylor, Mark P.
- 157-164 Testing the long-run structural validity of the monetary exchange rate model
by Abbott, Andrew & De Vita, Glauco
- 165-170 Does trade integration cause convergence?
by Hughes Hallett, A. & Piscitelli, Laura
- 171-178 The virtue of being underestimated: a note on discriminatory contracts in hidden information models
by Schnedler, Wendelin
- 179-185 Inconsistency of naive GMM estimation for QR models with endogenous regressors
by Lucchetti, Riccardo
- 187-192 Income distribution and macroeconomics: the persistence of inequality in a convex technology framework
by Moav, Omer
- 193-198 Women's labor force participation and the dynamics of tradition
by Hazan, Moshe & D. Maoz, Yishay
- 199-202 The paradox of indexed money substitutes
by Liviatan, Nissan
- 203-208 Recursive mean adjustment and tests for nonstationarities
by Shin, Dong Wan & So, Beong Soo
- 209-217 On the uniqueness of the maximum likelihood estimator
by Orme, Chris D. & Ruud, Paul A.
- 219-225 On some unappreciated implications of Becker's time allocation model of labor supply
by Wetzell, David L.
- 227-235 Consumption dominance curves: testing for the impact of indirect tax reforms on poverty
by Makdissi, Paul & Wodon, Quentin
- 237-241 Notes on bias in estimators for simultaneous equation models
by Hahn, Jinyong & Hausman, Jerry
- 243-248 Information, fairness, and reciprocity in the best shot game
by Carpenter, Jeffrey P.
- 249-256 The effects of working with seasonally adjusted data when testing for unit root
by del Barrio Castro, Tomas & Pons Fanals, Ernest & Surinach Caralt, Jordi
- 257-263 Non-linear pricing with budget constraint
by Thomas, Lionel
- 265-270 Lorenz ordering between McDonald's generalized functions of the income size distribution
by Sarabia, Jose Maria & Castillo, Enrique & Slottje, Daniel J.
- 271-276 Interpreting ethnic fragmentation effects
by Vigdor, Jacob L.
- 277-282 Household production and complementarity: an example based on Samuelson's coffee-cream-tea paradox
by Weber, Christian E.
- 283-287 Low and high types in asymmetric first-price auctions
by Fibich, Gadi & Gavious, Arieh & Sela, Aner
2002, Volume 75, Issue 1
- 1-9 The 'New Keynesian' Phillips curve: closed economy versus open economy
by Razin, Assaf & Yuen, Chi-Wa
- 11-16 The partially linear regression model: Monte Carlo evidence from the projection pursuit regression approach
by Li, Dingding & Stengos, Thanasis
- 17-23 Why should Central Banks avoid the use of the underlying inflation indicator?
by Marques, Carlos Robalo & Neves, Pedro Duarte & da Silva, Afonso Goncalves
- 25-30 R&D inefficiency with bundling in systems markets
by Lee, Gwanghoon
- 31-37 Is there a return-risk link in education?
by Telhado Pereira, Pedro & Silva Martins, Pedro
- 39-46 Macroeconomic effects of product market competition in a dynamic efficiency wage model
by Amable, Bruno & Gatti, Donatella
- 47-53 Do consumers not care about biotech foods or do they just not read the labels?
by Noussair, Charles & Robin, Stephane & Ruffieux, Bernard
- 55-60 The inter-generational link in income mobility: evidence from adoptions
by Das, Mitali & Sjogren, Tanja
- 61-67 Productivity convergence in Japan's manufacturing industries
by Togo, Ken
- 69-73 An alternative measure of core inflation
by Arrazola, Maria & de Hevia, Jose
- 75-79 Labour supply with habit formation
by Kubin, Ingrid & Prinz, Aloys
- 81-86 Aggregation bias in the economic model of crime
by Cherry, Todd L. & List, John A.
- 87-95 Single-peaked preferences, endowments and population-monotonicity
by Moreno, Bernardo
- 97-108 The hiring subsidy cum firing tax in a search model of unemployment
by Heijdra, Ben J. & Ligthart, Jenny E.
- 109-114 Unit root tests for time series with level shifts: a comparison of different proposals
by Lanne, Markku & Lutkepohl, Helmut
- 115-122 Imperfectly competitive labour markets and the productivity puzzle
by Andersen, Torben M. & Toulemonde, Eric
- 123-127 A state-space approach to calculating the Beveridge-Nelson decomposition
by Morley, James C.
- 129-133 The welfare cost of monopolistic competition revisited
by Matheron, Julien
- 135-140 Protectionism, labor mobility, and immiserizing growth in developing economies
by Gilbert, John & Tower, Edward
- 141-145 A note on Lagrange multipliers in the multiple constraint case
by Besada, Manuel & Miras, Miguel
2002, Volume 74, Issue 3
- 283-289 Failure of communication despite close preferences
by Spector, David
- 291-300 Informed principal, moral hazard, and the value of a more informative technology
by Chade, Hector & Silvers, Randy
- 301-308 A note on multiple general equilibria with child labor
by Basu, Kaushik
- 309-312 When less competition induces more product innovation
by Dubey, Pradeep & Wu, Chien-wei
- 313-319 Testing for unit roots in the context of misspecified logarithmic random walks
by Kramer, Walter & Davies, Laurie
- 321-325 Measuring instrument relevance in the single endogenous regressor-multiple instrument case: a simplifying procedure
by Davis, George C. & Kim, Sung-Yong
- 327-331 Stayers versus defecting movers: a note on the identification of defective duration models
by Abbring, Jaap H.
- 333-337 Seasonal long memory in the aggregate output
by Gil-Alana, Luis A.
- 339-345 Non-linearity between finance and growth
by Deidda, Luca & Fattouh, Bassam
- 347-351 A verification of the expected utility calibration theorem
by Neilson, William S. & Winter, Harold
- 353-358 Measuring the intensity of knowledge flow with patent statistics
by Fung, Michael K. & Chow, William W.
- 359-362 Mixed Bertrand equilibria under decreasing returns to scale: an embarrassment of riches
by Hoernig, Steffen H.
- 363-370 A note about model selection and tests for non-nested contingent valuation models
by Genius, Margarita & Strazzera, Elisabetta
- 371-378 On measuring volatility of diffusion processes with high frequency data
by Barucci, Emilio & Reno, Roberto
- 379-383 How 'grievous' was the biblical famine?
by Hamermesh, Daniel S.
- 385-391 Do nominal devaluations lead to real devaluations in LDCs?
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Miteza, Ilir
- 393-398 Compensating wage differentials and shift work preferences
by Lanfranchi, Joseph & Ohlsson, Henry & Skalli, Ali
- 399-405 Does human capital matter for growth in OECD countries? A pooled mean-group approach
by Bassanini, Andrea & Scarpetta, Stefano
- 407-414 In search of the unknown
by O'Connell, John F. & Perkins, George M.
2002, Volume 74, Issue 2
- 137-143 Estimating theoretically consistent demand systems using cointegration techniques with application to Greek food data
by Karagiannis, G. & Mergos, G. J.
- 145-150 Debt contracts, banks, and aggregate liquidity
by Mitusch, Kay
- 151-156 Demographic shocks and human capital accumulation in the Uzawa-Lucas model
by Robertson, Peter E.
- 157-163 The causality between investment and economic growth
by Madsen, Jakob B.
- 165-170 Monetary policy and multiple equilibria in a cash-in-advance economy
by Meng, Qinglai
- 171-176 Contract design and bargaining power
by Inderst, Roman
- 177-185 Growth and scale effects: the role of knowledge spillovers
by Li, Chol-Won
- 187-194 Risk management and wealth accumulation behavior in France
by Arrondel, Luc
- 195-202 Fiscal federalism and interstate risk sharing: empirical evidence from Germany
by Buettner, Thiess
- 203-209 Specific-capital in equilibrium search models
by Wong, Linda
- 211-217 A supergame-theoretic model with consumer loyalty
by Ciarreta, Aitor & Kuo, Ching-Kuang
- 219-228 Experimental 'beauty contests' with homogeneous and heterogeneous players and with interior and boundary equilibria
by Guth, Werner & Kocher, Martin & Sutter, Matthias
- 229-235 Prudence and risk vulnerability in two-moment decision models
by Wagener, Andreas
- 237-241 Quantifying the relationship between wealth distribution and aggregate growth in the Ramsey model
by Glachant, Jerome & Vellutini, Charles
- 243-250 A general purpose technology explains the Solow paradox and wage inequality
by Jacobs, Bas & Nahuis, Richard
- 251-256 Validity of LSE for trimmed and differenced panel data due to absorbing attrition
by Lee, Myoung-jae & Cho, Myeong-hyeon
- 257-263 Fully modified estimation with cross-equation restrictions
by Balcombe, Kelvin & Tiffin, Richard
- 265-270 The dynamic-optimizing approach to import demand: a structural model
by Xu, Xinpeng
- 271-276 Growth and multiple forms of human capital in an augmented Solow model: a panel data investigation
by McDonald, Scott & Roberts, Jennifer
- 277-282 Non-myopic formation of circle networks
by Watts, Alison
2001, Volume 74, Issue 1
- 1-8 Cournot outcome and optimal collusion: an example
by Cheng, Harrison