2002, Volume 75, Issue 1
- 69-73 An alternative measure of core inflation
by Arrazola, Maria & de Hevia, Jose
- 75-79 Labour supply with habit formation
by Kubin, Ingrid & Prinz, Aloys
- 81-86 Aggregation bias in the economic model of crime
by Cherry, Todd L. & List, John A.
- 87-95 Single-peaked preferences, endowments and population-monotonicity
by Moreno, Bernardo
- 97-108 The hiring subsidy cum firing tax in a search model of unemployment
by Heijdra, Ben J. & Ligthart, Jenny E.
- 109-114 Unit root tests for time series with level shifts: a comparison of different proposals
by Lanne, Markku & Lutkepohl, Helmut
- 115-122 Imperfectly competitive labour markets and the productivity puzzle
by Andersen, Torben M. & Toulemonde, Eric
- 123-127 A state-space approach to calculating the Beveridge-Nelson decomposition
by Morley, James C.
- 129-133 The welfare cost of monopolistic competition revisited
by Matheron, Julien
- 135-140 Protectionism, labor mobility, and immiserizing growth in developing economies
by Gilbert, John & Tower, Edward
- 141-145 A note on Lagrange multipliers in the multiple constraint case
by Besada, Manuel & Miras, Miguel
2002, Volume 74, Issue 3
- 283-289 Failure of communication despite close preferences
by Spector, David
- 291-300 Informed principal, moral hazard, and the value of a more informative technology
by Chade, Hector & Silvers, Randy
- 301-308 A note on multiple general equilibria with child labor
by Basu, Kaushik
- 309-312 When less competition induces more product innovation
by Dubey, Pradeep & Wu, Chien-wei
- 313-319 Testing for unit roots in the context of misspecified logarithmic random walks
by Kramer, Walter & Davies, Laurie
- 321-325 Measuring instrument relevance in the single endogenous regressor-multiple instrument case: a simplifying procedure
by Davis, George C. & Kim, Sung-Yong
- 327-331 Stayers versus defecting movers: a note on the identification of defective duration models
by Abbring, Jaap H.
- 333-337 Seasonal long memory in the aggregate output
by Gil-Alana, Luis A.
- 339-345 Non-linearity between finance and growth
by Deidda, Luca & Fattouh, Bassam
- 347-351 A verification of the expected utility calibration theorem
by Neilson, William S. & Winter, Harold
- 353-358 Measuring the intensity of knowledge flow with patent statistics
by Fung, Michael K. & Chow, William W.
- 359-362 Mixed Bertrand equilibria under decreasing returns to scale: an embarrassment of riches
by Hoernig, Steffen H.
- 363-370 A note about model selection and tests for non-nested contingent valuation models
by Genius, Margarita & Strazzera, Elisabetta
- 371-378 On measuring volatility of diffusion processes with high frequency data
by Barucci, Emilio & Reno, Roberto
- 379-383 How 'grievous' was the biblical famine?
by Hamermesh, Daniel S.
- 385-391 Do nominal devaluations lead to real devaluations in LDCs?
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Miteza, Ilir
- 393-398 Compensating wage differentials and shift work preferences
by Lanfranchi, Joseph & Ohlsson, Henry & Skalli, Ali
- 399-405 Does human capital matter for growth in OECD countries? A pooled mean-group approach
by Bassanini, Andrea & Scarpetta, Stefano
- 407-414 In search of the unknown
by O'Connell, John F. & Perkins, George M.
2002, Volume 74, Issue 2
- 137-143 Estimating theoretically consistent demand systems using cointegration techniques with application to Greek food data
by Karagiannis, G. & Mergos, G. J.
- 145-150 Debt contracts, banks, and aggregate liquidity
by Mitusch, Kay
- 151-156 Demographic shocks and human capital accumulation in the Uzawa-Lucas model
by Robertson, Peter E.
- 157-163 The causality between investment and economic growth
by Madsen, Jakob B.
- 165-170 Monetary policy and multiple equilibria in a cash-in-advance economy
by Meng, Qinglai
- 171-176 Contract design and bargaining power
by Inderst, Roman
- 177-185 Growth and scale effects: the role of knowledge spillovers
by Li, Chol-Won
- 187-194 Risk management and wealth accumulation behavior in France
by Arrondel, Luc
- 195-202 Fiscal federalism and interstate risk sharing: empirical evidence from Germany
by Buettner, Thiess
- 203-209 Specific-capital in equilibrium search models
by Wong, Linda
- 211-217 A supergame-theoretic model with consumer loyalty
by Ciarreta, Aitor & Kuo, Ching-Kuang
- 219-228 Experimental 'beauty contests' with homogeneous and heterogeneous players and with interior and boundary equilibria
by Guth, Werner & Kocher, Martin & Sutter, Matthias
- 229-235 Prudence and risk vulnerability in two-moment decision models
by Wagener, Andreas
- 237-241 Quantifying the relationship between wealth distribution and aggregate growth in the Ramsey model
by Glachant, Jerome & Vellutini, Charles
- 243-250 A general purpose technology explains the Solow paradox and wage inequality
by Jacobs, Bas & Nahuis, Richard
- 251-256 Validity of LSE for trimmed and differenced panel data due to absorbing attrition
by Lee, Myoung-jae & Cho, Myeong-hyeon
- 257-263 Fully modified estimation with cross-equation restrictions
by Balcombe, Kelvin & Tiffin, Richard
- 265-270 The dynamic-optimizing approach to import demand: a structural model
by Xu, Xinpeng
- 271-276 Growth and multiple forms of human capital in an augmented Solow model: a panel data investigation
by McDonald, Scott & Roberts, Jennifer
- 277-282 Non-myopic formation of circle networks
by Watts, Alison
2001, Volume 74, Issue 1
- 1-8 Cournot outcome and optimal collusion: an example
by Cheng, Harrison
- 9-13 Risk aversion and social mobility: the implausibility of order-preserving income redistributions
by Danziger, Leif & Ursprung, Heinrich W.
- 15-19 The Pareto, Zipf and other power laws
by Reed, William J.
- 21-24 Reconsidering the gains in efficiency from ML estimation versus OLS in ARCH models
by Iglesias, Emma M. & Phillips, Garry D. A.
- 25-30 The long-run behaviour of the real exchange rate: evidence from colonial Pennsylvania
by Choudhry, Taufiq & Luintel, Kul B.
- 31-41 A note on the parametric three step estimator in structural labor supply models
by Fernandez, Ana I. & Rodriguez-Poo, Juan M. & Sperlich, Stefan
- 43-51 Additional information for: "Comments on "Alternative models of demand for automobiles" by Charlotte Wojcik"
by Berry, Steve & Pakes, Ariel
- 53-60 Does privatization enhance or deter small enterprise formation?
by Berkowitz, Daniel & Holland, Jonathan
- 61-66 The asymptotic distribution of the instrumental variable estimators when the instruments are not correlated with the regressors
by Han, Chirok & Schmidt, Peter
- 67-70 A negative result in finitely repeated games with product monitoring
by Sekiguchi, Tadashi
- 71-75 Weakest-link public goods: giving in-kind or transferring money in a sequential game
by Sandler, Todd & Vicary, Simon
- 77-83 The relationship between inflation and inflation uncertainty in the UK: 1885-1998
by Fountas, Stilianos
- 85-89 Irreversibilities in fixed capital adjustment: Evidence from Mexican and Colombian plants
by Gaston Gelos, R. & Isgut, Alberto
- 91-97 A model of self-regulation
by Nunez, Javier
- 99-105 Mark-up and capital structure of the firm facing uncertainty
by Chatelain, Jean-Bernard
- 107-111 International charity under asymmetric information
by Calmette, Marie-Francoise & Kilkenny, Maureen
- 113-117 A comparison of salient rewards in experiments: money and class points
by Brown Kruse, Jamie & Thompson, Mark A.
- 119-125 The behavior of US public debt: a nonlinear perspective
by Sarno, Lucio
- 127-132 Economies of scale and the volume of intra-industry trade
by Schmitt, Nicolas & Yu, Zhihao
- 133-133 Corrigendum to "The shadow price of foreign exchange with minimum wages": [Economic Letters 72 (2001) 369-373]
by Kreickemeier, Udo
2001, Volume 73, Issue 3
- 263-268 A note on stationarity of the MTAR process on the boundary of the stationarity region
by Lee, Oesook & Shin, Dong Wan
- 269-274 Modelling demand systems with demographic effects based on the modifying function approach
by Chung, Ching-Fan
- 275-286 "Third down with a yard to go": recursive expected utility and the Dixit-Skeath conundrum
by Grant, Simon & Kajii, Atsushi & Polak, Ben
- 287-292 Do individuals use backward induction in dynamic optimization problems? An experimental investigation
by Aymard, Stephane & Serra, Daniel
- 293-300 A new explanation for the WTP/WTA disparity
by Zhao, Jinhua & Kling, Catherine L.
- 301-306 A modified CUSUM test for orthogonal structural changes
by Luger, Richard
- 307-313 On spurious Granger causality
by He, Zonglu & Maekawa, Koichi
- 315-323 Testing the null of cointegration in the presence of a structural break
by Alan Bartley, William & Lee, Junsoo & Strazicich, Mark C.
- 325-332 Time series properties of aggregated AR(2) processes
by Chong, Terence Tai-leung & Wong, Kwan-to
- 333-338 Distributional concerns: equity- or efficiency-oriented?
by Kritikos, Alexander & Bolle, Friedel
- 339-343 Learning and the saddle point property
by Gauthier, Stephane
- 345-351 Coordination and information: recent experimental evidence
by Berninghaus, Siegfried K. & Ehrhart, Karl-Martin
- 353-358 Pollution control by options trading
by Unold, Wolfram & Requate, Till
- 359-365 Multiple risks and the value of information
by Eeckhoudt, Louis & Godfroid, Philippe & Gollier, Christian
- 367-374 A generalized method of impulse identification
by Wen, Yi
- 375-378 Present value model, heteroscedasticity and parameter stability tests
by Strauss, Jack & Yigit, Taner
- 379-388 Criterion-based inference for GMM in autoregressive panel data models
by Bond, Stephen & Bowsher, Clive & Windmeijer, Frank
- 389-397 On non-contemporaneous short-run co-movements
by Cubadda, Gianluca & Hecq, Alain
2001, Volume 73, Issue 2
- 131-136 An asymmetric Kalai-Smorodinsky solution
by Dubra, Juan
- 137-146 What can we learn from simulating a standard agency model?
by Robe, Michel A.
- 147-153 Estimation of direct and indirect impact of oil price on growth
by Abeysinghe, Tilak
- 155-160 On the reliability of Chow-type tests for parameter constancy in multivariate dynamic models
by Candelon, Bertrand & Lutkepohl, Helmut
- 161-167 To peg or not to peg?: A simple model of exchange rate regime choice in small economies
by Berger, Helge & Jensen, Henrik & Schjelderup, Guttorm
- 169-173 Structurally dependent competing risks
by Rosholm, Michael & Svarer, Michael
- 175-177 Cournot competition and spatial agglomeration revisited
by Matsushima, Noriaki
- 179-186 Relationship between inflation rate and inflation uncertainty
by Hwang, Y.
- 187-194 Bank runs and international financial instability revisited
by Takeda, Fumiko
- 195-200 Capital utilization and work schedules: the welfare costs of shiftworking
by Dupaigne, Martial
- 201-205 A test of long-run purchasing power parity
by Shively, Philip A.
- 207-211 Endogenous thresholds and tests for asymmetry in US prime rate movements
by Tkacz, Greg
- 213-217 Big fish eat small fish: on merger in Stackelberg markets
by Huck, Steffen & Konrad, Kai A. & Muller, Wieland
- 219-226 The fee structure in franchising: a property rights view
by Windsperger, Josef
- 227-231 Consistent estimation of the random structural coefficient distribution from the linear simultaneous equations system
by Hahn, Jinyong
- 233-239 Does NNP growth indicate welfare improvement?
by Asheim, Geir B. & Weitzman, Martin L.
- 241-250 Subsampling inference in cube root asymptotics with an application to Manski's maximum score estimator
by Delgado, Miguel A. & Rodriguez-Poo, Juan M. & Wolf, Michael
- 251-256 The law of one price for transitional Ukraine
by Cushman, David O. & MacDonald, Ronald & Samborsky, Mark
2001, Volume 73, Issue 1
- 1-5 Asymmetric long memory GARCH in exchange return
by Hwang, Y.
- 7-13 Exponential regression of dynamic panel data models
by Kitazawa, Yoshitsugu
- 15-20 Long run recursive VAR models and QR decompositions
by Hoffmann, Mathias
- 21-28 Income distribution and aggregation/disaggregation biases in the measurement of consumer demand elasticities
by Denton, Frank T. & Mountain, Dean C.
- 29-34 Auctions of divisible goods with endogenous supply
by Back, Kerry & Zender, Jaime F.
- 35-42 Auctions with an inexpert bidder
by Deltas, George & Engelbrecht-Wiggans, Richard
- 43-50 Is there a demand for income tax progressivity?
by Hindriks, Jean
- 51-55 Habit formation in a monetary growth model
by Faria, Joao Ricardo
- 57-63 New concepts and measures of the globalisation of production
by Greenaway, David & Lloyd, Peter & Milner, Chris
- 65-72 Scandinavian forward discount bias risk premia
by Verschoor, Willem F. C. & Wolff, Christian C. P.
- 73-79 Economic activity and time variation in expected futures returns
by Miffre, Joelle
- 81-88 Well-behaved cash flows
by Saak, Alexander & Hennessy, David A.
- 89-96 Worker flows and job flows in Taiwan
by Tsou, Meng-Wen & Liu, Jin-Tan & Hammitt, James K.
- 97-104 Wage inflation and the post-1991 duration puzzle
by Hyclak, Thomas & Ohn, Jonathan
- 105-109 Equal sharing in partnerships?
by Krakel, Matthias & Steiner, Gunter
- 111-115 Male unemployment and crime in England and Wales
by Carmichael, Fiona & Ward, Robert
- 117-123 Do piece rates influence effort choices? Evidence from stadium vendors
by Oettinger, Gerald S.
- 125-130 Patent licensing with spillovers
by Aoki, Reiko & Tauman, Yair
2001, Volume 72, Issue 3
- 283-289 Computation of the Beveridge-Nelson decomposition in the case of cointegrated systems with I(0) variables
by Beyaert, Arielle & Quesada Medina, Alfonso J.
- 291-296 Scaling relationships of Gaussian processes
by Batten, Jonathan & Ellis, Craig
- 297-302 Country specific effect in the Feldstein-Horioka paradox: a panel data analysis
by Corbin, Annie
- 303-307 Extending communication-proof equilibrium to infinite games
by Ferreira, Jose Luis
- 309-315 Multi-period bargaining: asymmetric information and risk aversion
by Reynolds, Stanley S.
- 317-323 A simple procedure for detecting periodically collapsing rational bubbles
by Psaradakis, Zacharias & Sola, Martin & Spagnolo, Fabio
- 325-333 Buy prices in online auctions: irrationality on the internet?
by Budish, Eric B. & Takeyama, Lisa N.
- 335-340 Optimal dynamic pricing with inventories
by Das Varma, Gopal & Vettas, Nikolaos
- 341-345 A nonparametric test of translation homotheticity
by Fare, Rolf & Li, Sung Ko
- 347-354 Active stabilization policy and uninsurable risks
by Andersen, Torben M.
- 355-360 Indeterminacy with capital utilization and sector-specific externalities
by Guo, Jang-Ting & Harrison, Sharon G.
- 361-367 Decomposition of hours based on extensive and intensive margins of labor
by Chang, Yongsung & Kwark, Noh-Sun
- 369-373 The shadow price of foreign exchange with minimum wages
by Kreickemeier, Udo
- 375-379 Interpretation problems with changes in indices based on categorizations
by Frijters, Paul
- 381-386 Wage dispersion within firms and collective bargaining in Spain
by Rodriguez-Gutierrez, Cesar
- 387-396 Legal cost insurance and social welfare
by van Velthoven, Ben & van Wijck, Peter
- 397-401 Differentiable comparative statics with payoff functions not differentiable everywhere
by Corchon, Luis C.
- 403-410 Identifying non-consistent choice behavior in recreation demand models
by Nunes, Luis C. & Cunha-e-Sa, Maria A. & Ducla-Soares, Maria M. & Rosado, Marcia A. & Day, Brett H.
- 411-411 Erratum to "Monotonic improved critical values for chi-squared asymptotic criteria": [Economics Letters, 71 (2001) 307-316]
by Cribari-Neto, Francisco & Ferrari, Silvia L. P.
2001, Volume 72, Issue 2
- 131-136 Finite sample efficiency of OLS in linear regression models with long-memory disturbances
by Kleiber, Christian
- 137-144 Incorporating lag order selection uncertainty in parameter inference for AR models
by Kapetanios, George
- 145-150 A flexible specification of adjustment costs in dynamic factor demand models
by Lundgren, Tommy & Sjostrom, Magnus
- 151-157 Asset pricing with a forward-backward stochastic differential utility
by Antonelli, Fabio & Barucci, Emilio & Mancino, Maria Elvira
- 159-164 Existence of linear equilibria in the Kyle model with multiple informed traders
by Noldeke, Georg & Troger, Thomas
- 165-173 Sequential parimutuel games
by Feeney, Rob & King, Stephen P.
- 175-180 Some conditions on equilibria in symmetric two player discontinuous games
by Coram, Alex
- 181-187 On the empirical exploitation of consumers' profit functions in static analyses
by Cooper, Russel J. & McLaren, Keith R. & Wong, Gary K. K.
- 189-193 Cost leadership and pricing
by Tyagi, Rajeev K.
- 195-200 Auctions with endogenous entry
by Chakraborty, Indranil & Kosmopoulou, Georgia
- 201-207 Basic risk aversion
by Freeman, Mark
- 209-213 The reluctance to borrow from the Fed
by Furfine, Craig
- 215-218 Endogenous growth and the gains from immigration
by Kemnitz, Alexander
- 219-224 Are current account deficits sustainable?: Evidence from panel cointegration
by Wu, Jyh-Lin & Chen, Show-Lin & Lee, Hsiu-Yun
- 225-232 Bank-firm relationships, financing and firm performance in Germany
by Agarwal, Rajshree & Ann Elston, Julie
- 233-240 Frontier cost functions and bank efficiency
by Altunbas, Y. & Chakravarty, S. P.
- 241-246 Can the fair wage-effort hypothesis be interpreted as a safe effort hypothesis?
by Campbell, Carl M. & Katz, Eliakim
- 247-253 Persistence of profitability and competition in emerging markets
by Glen, Jack & Lee, Kevin & Singh, Ajit
- 255-261 Equilibrium selection in a merger game
by Possajennikov, Alex
- 263-267 A note on growth accounting with vintage capital
by Dekle, Robert
- 269-277 Longevity and economic growth in a dynastic family model with an annuity market
by Zhang, Jie & Zhang, Junsen
2001, Volume 72, Issue 1
- 1-10 On bootstrap inference in cointegrating regressions
by Psaradakis, Zacharias
- 11-18 Testing parameter constancy in models with infinite variance errors
by Chen, Mei-Yuan & Kuan, Chung-Ming
- 19-25 Are currency devaluations effective? A panel unit root test
by Chou, Win Lin & Chao, Chi-Chur
- 27-32 Measuring skill: a multi-dimensional index
by Portela, Miguel
- 33-37 Spurious deadweight gains
by Facchini, Giovanni & Hammond, Peter J. & Nakata, Hiroyuki
- 39-45 Cigarettes and addiction information: new evidence in support of the rational addiction model
by Fenn, Aju J. & Antonovitz, Frances & Schroeter, John R.
- 47-52 Why firms should care for customers
by Konigstein, Manfred & Muller, Wieland
- 53-59 Cost functions in non-linear pricing
by Thomas, Lionel
- 61-65 Investment and uncertainty: is there a potential role for a common European policy?
by Calcagnini, Giorgio & Saltari, Enrico
- 67-72 Real supply shocks and the money growth-inflation relationship
by Christensen, Michael
- 73-77 Country risk and capital flow reversals
by Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim
- 79-85 Long run real exchange rates: evidence from Mexico
by Kakkar, Vikas
- 87-94 Exchange-rate volatility, exchange-rate regime, and trade volume: evidence from the UK-US export function (1889-1999)
by Aristotelous, Kyriacos
- 95-98 Fiscal decentralization, central bank independence, and inflation
by King, David & Ma, Yue
- 99-106 Tax earmarking and grass-roots accountability
by Dhillon, Amrita & Perroni, Carlo
- 107-115 Testing the Acemoglu-Pischke model in Spain
by Peraita, Carlos
- 117-120 Marginal costs and collusive sustainability
by Lambertini, Luca & Sasaki, Dan
- 121-126 Access pricing and exclusionary behavior
by Weisman, Dennis L.
- 127-129 Anomalies in net present value calculations?
by Castelo Joaquin, Domingo
2001, Volume 71, Issue 3
- 299-306 Consistent specification testing for conditional moment restrictions
by Whang, Yoon-Jae
- 307-316 Monotonic improved critical values for two [chi]2 asymptotic criteria
by Cribari-Neto, Francisco & Ferrari, Silvia L. P.
- 317-322 Non-redundancy of high order moment conditions for efficient GMM estimation of weak AR processes
by Broze, Laurence & Francq, Christian & Zakoian, Jean-Michel
- 323-327 Replicating contests
by Warneryd, Karl
- 329-333 Why is income inequality so low in China compared to other countries?: The effect of household survey methods
by Gibson, John & Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott
- 335-340 Condorcet winners on four candidates with anonymous voters
by Gehrlein, William V.
- 341-345 A note on some limitations of CRRA utility
by Geweke, John
- 347-354 Stochastic dominance and optimal portfolio
by Dachraoui, Kais & Dionne, Georges
- 355-358 A note on demand for information: the OCE preferences case
by Giannikos, Christos I.
- 359-362 Can skill decay increase search effort?
by Charlot, Olivier & Decreuse, Bruno
- 363-368 A non-parametric test of the symmetry of PSID wage-change distributions
by Christofides, Louis N. & Stengos, Thanasis
- 369-375 Uncertainty on monetary policy and the expectations model of the term structure of interest rates
by Favero, Carlo A. & Mosca, Federico
- 377-381 Capital flight and the uncertainty of government policies
by Hermes, Niels & Lensink, Robert
- 383-389 Increasing convergence among European stock markets?: A recursive common stochastic trends analysis
by Rangvid, Jesper
- 391-396 Price and hedging policy: The case of an intertemporarily risk averse bank
by Jaenicke, Johannes
- 397-404 Are people conditionally cooperative? Evidence from a public goods experiment
by Fischbacher, Urs & Gachter, Simon & Fehr, Ernst
- 405-412 The 'spite' dilemma: spite or no spite, is there a dilemma?
by Brunton, Douglas & Hasan, Rabia & Mestelman, Stuart