Can we reject linearity in an HAR-RV model for the S&P 500? Insights from a nonparametric HAR-RV
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter Hall & Qi Li & Jeffrey S. Racine, 2007. "Nonparametric Estimation of Regression Functions in the Presence of Irrelevant Regressors," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 89(4), pages 784-789, November.
- Fulvio Corsi, 2009. "A Simple Approximate Long-Memory Model of Realized Volatility," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 7(2), pages 174-196, Spring.
- Rosa L. Matzkin, 2003.
"Nonparametric Estimation of Nonadditive Random Functions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 71(5), pages 1339-1375, September.
- Rosa L. Matzkin, 1999. "Nonparametric Estimation of Nonadditive Random Functions," Working Papers 38, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Sep 2001.
- Stephen J. Taylor, 1994. "Modeling Stochastic Volatility: A Review And Comparative Study," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(2), pages 183-204.
- Charles S. Bos & Paweł Janus & Siem Jan Koopman, 2012.
"Spot Variance Path Estimation and Its Application to High-Frequency Jump Testing,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 10(2), pages 354-389, 2012 06.
- Charles S. Bos & Pawel Janus & Siem Jan Koopman, 2009. "Spot Variance Path Estimation and its Application to High Frequency Jump Testing," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 09-110/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Mihaela Craioveanu & Eric Hillebrand, 2012. "Why It Is Ok To Use The Har-Rv(1,5,21) Model," Working Papers 1201, University of Central Missouri, Department of Economics & Finance, revised Aug 2012.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Li, Q. & Wang, Suojin, 1998. "A simple consistent bootstrap test for a parametric regression function," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 145-165, August.
- Liu, Lily Y. & Patton, Andrew J. & Sheppard, Kevin, 2015.
"Does anything beat 5-minute RV? A comparison of realized measures across multiple asset classes,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 187(1), pages 293-311.
- Kevin Sheppard & Lily Liu & Andrew J. Patton, 2013. "Does Anything Beat 5-Minute RV? A Comparison of Realized Measures Across Multiple Asset Classes," Economics Series Working Papers 645, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Daniel J. Henderson & Daniel L. Millimet, 2008. "Is gravity linear?," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(2), pages 137-172.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
- Andersen T. G & Bollerslev T. & Diebold F. X & Labys P., 2001. "The Distribution of Realized Exchange Rate Volatility," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 42-55, March.
- Adam Clements & Ralf Becker, 2009. "A nonparametric approach to forecasting realized volatility," NCER Working Paper Series 43, National Centre for Econometric Research.
- Li, Q., 1994. "A Consistent Test for Linearity in Partially Linear Regression Models," Working Papers 1994-7, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Souček, Michael & Todorova, Neda, 2014. "Realized volatility transmission: The role of jumps and leverage effects," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 111-115.
- Hjellvik, Vidar & Yao, Qiwei & Tjostheim, Dag, 1998. "Linearity testing using local polynominal approximation," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6638, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Qi Li & Jeffrey Scott Racine, 2006. "Nonparametric Econometrics: Theory and Practice," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8355, June.
- John Xu Zheng, 1996. "A consistent test of functional form via nonparametric estimation techniques," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 263-289, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:194-204 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guo, Xu & Li, Gao Rong & Wong, Wing Keung, 2014. "Specification Testing of Production Frontier Function in Stochastic Frontier Model," MPRA Paper 57999, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fengler, M.R. & Mammen, E. & Vogt, M., 2015. "Specification and structural break tests for additive models with applications to realized variance data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 188(1), pages 196-218.
- Xu Guo & Tao Wang & Lixing Zhu, 2016. "Model checking for parametric single-index models: a dimension reduction model-adaptive approach," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 78(5), pages 1013-1035, November.
- Wang, Yudong & Ma, Feng & Wei, Yu & Wu, Chongfeng, 2016. "Forecasting realized volatility in a changing world: A dynamic model averaging approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 136-149.
- repec:ris:apltrx:0331 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsNonparametric; Realized volatility; HAR; Heterogeneous; Autoregressive;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:125:y:2014:i:1:p:43-46. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.