Supermarkets versus local shopping: Welfare implications of retail provision mode
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven C. Salop, 1979. "Monopolistic Competition with Outside Goods," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 141-156, Spring.
- Howard Smith & Donald Hay, 2005. "Streets, Malls, and Supermarkets," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(1), pages 29-59, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cleary, Rebecca & Bonanno, Alessandro & Chenarides, Lauren & Goetz, Stephan J., 2018. "Store profitability and public policies to improve food access in non-metro U.S. counties," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 158-170.
- Freire, Tiago & Rudkin, Simon, 2019. "Healthy food diversity and supermarket interventions: Evidence from the Seacroft Intervention Study," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 125-138.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Carsten Eckel, 2009. "International Trade and Retailing," CESifo Working Paper Series 2597, CESifo.
- Eizenberg, Alon & Lach, Saul & Yiftach, Merav, 2016. "Retail Prices in a City," CEPR Discussion Papers 11590, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- de Palma, André & Lindsey, Robin, 2001. "Optimal timetables for public transportation," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 789-813, September.
- Li, Youping & Shuai, Jie, 2019. "Monopolistic competition, price discrimination and welfare," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 174(C), pages 114-117.
- Rainer Andergassen & Guido Candela & Paolo Figini, 2017. "The management of tourism destinations," Tourism Economics, , vol. 23(1), pages 49-65, February.
- Rajesh K. Aggarwal & Andrew A. Samwick, 1999.
"Executive Compensation, Strategic Competition, and Relative Performance Evaluation: Theory and Evidence,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(6), pages 1999-2043, December.
- Rajesh Aggarwal & Andrew A. Samwick, 1996. "Executive Compensation, Strategic Competition, and Relative Performance Evaluation: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 5648, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nagler Matthew G., 2007.
"Understanding the Internet's Relevance to Media Ownership Policy: A Model of Too Many Choices,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-28, June.
- Nagler, Matthew, 2006. "Understanding the Internet's relevance to media ownership policy: a model of too many choices," MPRA Paper 2180, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Olivero, María Pía, 2010. "Market power in banking, countercyclical margins and the international transmission of business cycles," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 292-301, March.
- Elie Gray & André Grimaud, 2016. "The Lindahl equilibrium in Schumpeterian growth models," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 101-142, March.
- Duranton, Gilles & Jayet, Hubert, 2011.
"Is the division of labour limited by the extent of the market? Evidence from French cities,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 56-71, January.
- Duranton, Gilles & Jayet, Hubert, 2005. "Is the Division of Labour Limited By the Extent of the Market? Evidence from French Cities," CEPR Discussion Papers 5087, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gilles Duranton & Hubert Jayet, 2011. "Is the division of labour limited by the extent of the market? Evidence from French cities," Post-Print hal-02317876, HAL.
- Gu, Yiquan & Rasch, Alexander & Wenzel, Tobias, 2020. "Consumer salience and quality provision in (un)regulated public service markets," ZEW Discussion Papers 20-087, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Hakenes, Hendrik & Schnabel, Isabel, 2011.
"Bank size and risk-taking under Basel II,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 1436-1449, June.
- Hakenes, Hendrik & Schnabel, Isabel, 2005. "Bank Size and Risk-Taking under Basel II," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 05-07, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Hendrik Hakenes & Isabel Schnabel, 2005. "Bank Size and Risk-Taking under Basel II," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2005_6, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Hakenes, Hendrik & Schnabel, Isabel, 2005. "Bank size and risk-taking under Basel II," Papers 05-07, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Hakenes, Hendrik & Schnabel, Isabel, 2006. "Bank Size and Risk-Taking under Basel II," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 88, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Pierre Picard & Takatoshi Tabuchi, 2010.
"Self-organized agglomerations and transport costs,"
Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 42(3), pages 565-589, March.
- Pierre Picard & Takatoshi Tabuchi, 2007. "Self-organized Agglomerations and Transport Costs," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0712, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- PICARD, Pierre M. & TABUCHI, Takatoshi, 2010. "Self-organized agglomerations and transport costs," LIDAM Reprints CORE 2182, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Francisco Alcalá & Miguel González‐Maestre, 2012.
"Artistic Creation and Intellectual Property: A Professional Career Approach,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(3), pages 633-672, September.
- Alcalá Francisco & González Maestre Miguel, 2010. "Artistic Creation and Intellectual Property: A Professional Career Approach," Working Papers 2010103, Fundacion BBVA / BBVA Foundation.
- Francisco Alcalá & Miguel González-Maestre, 2011. "Artistic Creation and Intellectual Property: A Professional Career Approach," Levine's Working Paper Archive 786969000000000090, David K. Levine.
- Kopányi, Dávid, 2017.
"The coexistence of stable equilibria under least squares learning,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 277-300.
- David Kopanyi, 2015. "The Coexistence of Stable Equilibria under Least Squares Learning," Discussion Papers 2015-10, The Centre for Decision Research and Experimental Economics, School of Economics, University of Nottingham.
- David, Maia & Nimubona, Alain-Désiré & Sinclair-Desgagné, Bernard, 2011.
"Emission taxes and the market for abatement goods and services,"
Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 179-191, January.
- Maia David & Alain-Désiré Nimubona & Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné, 2011. "Emission taxes and the market for abatement goods and services," Post-Print hal-01019345, HAL.
- Rasch, Alexander & Wambach, Achim, 2009. "Internal decision-making rules and collusion," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 703-715, November.
- Lindsey, Robin & West, Douglas S., 2003. "Predatory pricing in differentiated products retail markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 551-592, April.
- Jun Li & Serguei Netessine & Sergei Koulayev, 2018. "Price to Compete … with Many: How to Identify Price Competition in High-Dimensional Space," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 64(9), pages 4118-4136, September.
- Fleckinger, Pierre & Lafay, Thierry, 2010.
"Product flexibility and price competition in Hotelling's duopoly,"
Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 61-68, July.
- Pierre Fleckinger & Thierry Lafay, 2010. "Product flexibility and price competition in Hotelling's duopoly," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00641873, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsMarket expansion effects; Monopolistic competition; Consumer welfare;
All these keywords.
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:124:y:2014:i:3:p:396-398. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.