Vertically Related Markets of Collective Licensing of Differentiated Copyrights with Indirect Network Effects
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rob, Rafael & Waldfogel, Joel, 2006.
"Piracy on the High C's: Music Downloading, Sales Displacement, and Social Welfare in a Sample of College Students,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 49(1), pages 29-62, April.
- Rafael Rob & Joel Waldfogel, 2004. "Piracy on the High C's: Music Downloading, Sales Displacement, and Social Welfare in a Sample of College Students," NBER Working Papers 10874, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gu, Yiquan & Wenzel, Tobias, 2009.
"A note on the excess entry theorem in spatial models with elastic demand,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 567-571, September.
- Gu, Yiquan & Wenzel, Tobias, 2007. "A Note on the Excess Entry Theorem in Spatial Models with Elastic Demand," Ruhr Economic Papers 33, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Martin Peitz & Patrick Waelbroeck, 2005.
"An Economist's Guide to Digital Music,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 51(2-3), pages 359-428.
- Peitz, Martin & Waelbroeck, Patrick, 2004. "An Economist's Guide to Digital Music," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 32, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Martin Peitz & Patrick Waelbroeck, 2004. "An Economist’s Guide to Digital Music," CESifo Working Paper Series 1333, CESifo Group Munich.
- Arghya Ghosh & Hodaka Morita, 2007. "Free entry and social efficiency under vertical oligopoly," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 38(2), pages 541-554, June.
- Dewenter, Ralf & Haucap, Justus & Wenzel, Tobias, 2009.
"Indirect network effects with two salop circles: the example of the music industry,"
FAU Discussion Papers in Economics
09/2009, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Institute for Economics.
- Dewenter, Ralf & Haucap, Justus & Wenzel, Tobias, 2009. "Indirect network effects with two Salop circles: the example of the music industry," Ilmenau Economics Discussion Papers 63, Ilmenau University of Technology, Institute of Economics.
- Peitz, Martin & Waelbroeck, Patrick, 2006. "Why the music industry may gain from free downloading -- The role of sampling," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 907-913, September.
- Pollock, R., 2009. "General Network Effects and Welfare," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0915, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
More about this item
KeywordsVertical restraints; Indirect network effects; Copyright enforcement; Performing rights organizations; Music industry;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L44 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Antitrust Policy and Public Enterprise, Nonprofit Institutions, and Professional Organizations
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-09-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2010-09-03 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CUL-2010-09-03 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-IPR-2010-09-03 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-NET-2010-09-03 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrp:jrpwrp:2010-056. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Pasche). General contact details of provider: http://www.jenecon.de .