1998, Volume 60, Issue 3
- 329-333 Weak complementarity and production
by Huang, Ju-Chin & Kerry Smith, V.
- 335-341 Scaling the volatility of GDP growth rates
by Canning, D. & Amaral, L. A. N. & Lee, Y. & Meyer, M. & Stanley, H. E.
- 343-349 Cyclicality of markups and real wages in Korea
by Kang, Joo-Hoon & Jeong, Ugyeong & Bae, Joo-Han
- 351-355 EMS exchange rate expectations and time-varying risk premia
by Nieuwland, Frederick G. M. C. & Verschoor, Willem F. C. & C.P. Wolff, Christian
- 357-362 Arbitrage, martingales and bubbles
by Gilles, Christian & LeRoy, Stephen F.
- 363-367 Human capital depletion, human capital formation, and migration: a blessing or a "curse"?
by Stark, Oded & Helmenstein, Christian & Prskawetz, Alexia
- 369-373 Promotion careers with multiple punitive assignments
by Mori, Pier Angelo
1998, Volume 60, Issue 2
- 131-137 Real exchange rates under the recent float: unequivocal evidence of mean reversion
by Sarno, Lucio & Taylor, Mark P.
- 139-146 Does the method of data detrending matter? A study of the KPSS test against long memory alternatives
by Su, Jen-je
- 147-150 Testing the stationarity of interest rates using a SUR approach
by Balz, Christoph
- 151-155 A new axiomatization of the core of games with transferable utility
by Voorneveld, Mark & van den Nouweland, Anne
- 157-162 Almost all equilibria in dominant strategies are coalition - proof
by Peleg, Bezalel
- 163-166 Informational cascades with continuous action spaces
by Huck, Steffen & Oechssler, Jorg
- 167-171 Equal bequests and parental altruism: compatibility or orthogonality?
by Stark, Oded
- 173-178 Efficient egalitarian-equivalence and the core of an economy with public projects
by Hahn, Kyungdong & Gilles, Robert P.
- 179-183 Trade policy under Bertrand duopoly with integrated markets: the pure strategy equilibrium
by Collie, David R.
- 185-193 On welfare and revenue effects of indirect tax harmonization
by Lopez-Garcia, Miguel-Angel
- 195-203 An empirical analysis of term premiums using significance tests for stochastic dominance
by Fisher, Gordon & Willson, Douglas & Xu, Kuan
- 205-208 Efficiency measures and the banking structure in Europe
by Altunbas, Y. & Chakravarty, S. P.
- 209-216 Fertility, growth, and flat-rate taxation for education subsidies
by Zhang, Jie & Casagrande, Richard
- 217-221 Nonparametric estimates of the duration of welfare spells
by Welch, Shawn M.
- 223-227 One more wage curve: the case of Belgium
by Janssens, Stefan & Konings, Jozef
- 229-235 Public-private sector wage differentials in Canada: evidence from quantile regressions
by Mueller, Richard E.
- 237-242 Unknown wage offer distribution and job search duration
by Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf
- 243-250 Price and seller concentration in cement: effective oligopoly or misspecified transportation cost?
by Newmark, Craig M.
1998, Volume 60, Issue 1
- 1-9 Testing misspecified cointegrating relationships
by Podivinsky, Jan M.
- 11-18 Overparameterization in the seminonparametric density estimation
by Liu, Ming & Zhang, Harold H.
- 19-21 On the Granger Representation Theorem: a counter example?
by Ogaki, Masao
- 23-34 Noisy equilibrium selection in coordination games
by Carlsson, Hans & Ganslandt, Mattias
- 35-39 The strategic advantage of being less skilled
by Buchholz, Wolfgang & Nett, Lorenz & Peters, Wolfgang
- 41-48 The Nash bargaining solution for decision weight utility functions
by Houba, Harold & Tieman, Alexander F. & Brinksma, Rene
- 49-53 Does Cournot competition yield spatial agglomeration?
by Pal, Debashis
- 55-62 Fee versus royalty licensing in a Cournot duopoly model
by Wang, X. Henry
- 63-66 Monotonicity of equilibrium prices with respect to aggregate resources
by Prechac, Christophe
- 67-75 Central bank independence and output variability
by Crosby, Mark
- 77-81 A fallacy in causality research on growth and capital accumulation
by Vanhoudt, Patrick
- 83-90 Monetary policy and asymmetric response in default risk
by Kim, Jaechil & Ni, Shawn & Ratti, Ronald A.
- 91-96 A note on income velocity of money in a cash-in-advance economy with capital
by Hromcova, Jana
- 97-103 A method of detecting whether a central bank engages in the black market for foreign exchange: Evidence from Iran
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Shiva, Reza
- 105-111 Endogenizing labor-leisure choice: investment and the relative price of non-traded goods
by Hsieh, Yi-ni & Chang, Wen-ya & Lai, Ching-chong
- 113-119 Endogenous mergers and size asymmetry of merger participants
by Barros, Pedro Pita
- 121-125 Valuing mineral reserves when capacity constrains production
by Davis, Graham A. & Moore, David J.
1998, Volume 59, Issue 3
- 275-282 Panel data with errors-in-variables: essential and redundant orthogonality conditions in GMM-estimation
by Biorn, Erik & Klette, Tor Jakob
- 283-287 The economic determinants of the choice of an exchange rate regime: a probit analysis
by Rizzo, Jean-Marc
- 289-297 Does seasonal adjustment induce common cycles?
by Hecq, Alain
- 299-303 You play (an action) only once
by Schlag, Karl H. & Sela, Aner
- 305-308 Collusion in differentiated duopolies revisited
by Albaek, Svend & Lambertini, Luca
- 309-315 The symmetric problem in the linear almost ideal demand system
by Chen, Kevin Z.
- 317-321 The probability of a Condorcet winner with a small number of voters
by Gehrlein, William V.
- 323-329 A choice-rule formulation of intransitive utility theory
by Butler, David J.
- 331-335 On the monotonicity of balanced budget multiplier under imperfect competition
by Torregrosa, Ramon J.
- 337-345 Indeterminacy and sunspots in a monetary economy with limited participation
by Guo, Jang-Ting
- 347-351 Evolution of the external account under international capital market frictions
by Lane, Philip R.
- 353-360 The slope of the yield curve and real economic activity: tracing the transmission mechanism
by Peel, David A. & Taylor, Mark P.
- 361-366 Can standards immiserize?
by Dehejia, Vivek H.
- 367-372 Expectation revisions and jumps in asset prices
by Dewachter, Hans & Veestraeten, Dirk
- 373-379 On the importance of public choice in migration models
by Goodspeed, Timothy J.
- 381-384 A note on social accounting and unemployment
by Aronsson, Thomas
- 385-390 Poverty, economic growth, and average exit time
by Morduch, Jonathan
- 391-395 Identification of the oligopoly solution concept in a differentiated-products industry
by Nevo, Aviv
- 397-401 On the relative advantage of cooperatives
by Albaek, Svend & Schultz, Christian
1998, Volume 59, Issue 2
- 145-151 Quota games and stability set of order d
by Martin, M.
- 153-156 Consistent standard errors for semiparametric duration models with unobserved heterogeneity
by Bearse, Peter & Canals, Jose & Rilstone, Paul
- 157-162 Statistical inference with mobility indices
by Schluter, Christian
- 163-168 Filtered least squares and measurement error
by Blake, Andrew P. & Camba-Mendez, Gonzalo
- 169-174 Efficient estimation with grouped data
by So Im, Kyung
- 175-182 Testing for a unit root in variables with a double change in the mean
by Clemente, Jesus & Montanes, Antonio & Reyes, Marcelo
- 183-187 A Wald test of restrictions on the cointegrating space based on Johansen's estimator
by Davidson, James
- 189-194 Understanding the disparity between WTP and WTA: endowment effect, substitutability, or imprecise preferences?
by Morrison, Gwendolyn C.
- 195-199 Produced input use per unit of output
by Steedman, Ian
- 201-205 Correlation of seasonal variation and nonseasonal variation of production at the establishment level
by Tomiura, Eiichi
- 207-212 Local risk aversion in the rank dependent expected utility model: First order versus second order effects
by Courtault, Jean-Michel & Gayant, Jean-Pascal
- 213-216 Indeterminacy, dynamic adjustment costs, and cycles
by Wen, Yi
- 217-221 A long-run estimator of the slope of the aggregate demand curve
by Fregert, Klas
- 223-230 Are Pick data on parallel exchange rates misleading?
by Lopez-Calix, Jose R.
- 231-235 Growth effects of anticipated trade liberalization and the Baldwin multiplier
by Willenbockel, Dirk
- 237-242 International capital mobility in OECD countries: The Feldstein-Horioka 'puzzle' revisited
by Hussein, Khaled A.
- 243-248 A qualitative threshold model of daily exchange rate movements
by Siddiqui, Sikandar
- 249-254 Optimization of technical trading strategies and the profitability in security markets
by Gencay, Ramazan
- 255-261 The effect of regulatory legislation on workers' earnings
by Robst, John & Turcotte, Leo
- 263-268 An efficiency wage model for small firms: firm size and wages
by Ringuede, Sebastien
- 269-273 A household level environmental Kuznets curve
by Kahn, Matthew E.
1998, Volume 59, Issue 1
- 1-5 Bootstrap-based critical values for tests of common factor restrictions
by Godfrey, L. G. & Veall, M. R.
- 7-15 On the sensitivity of unit root inference to nonlinear data transformations
by Franses, Philip Hans & Koop, Gary
- 17-22 Effects of skewness and kurtosis on model selection criteria
by Baci, Sidika & Zaman, Asad
- 23-29 Submodel estimation of a structural vector error correction model under cointegration
by Horrace, William C.
- 31-38 Preference-based indices with subsidized commodities and income-dependent prices
by Klevmarken, N. Anders
- 39-43 The impact of market clearing assumptions and dynamics on demand elasticities
by Oczkowski, Edward
- 49-63 Testing nonlinear forecastability in time series: Theory and evidence from the EMS
by Fernandez-Rodriguez, Fernando & Sosvilla-Rivero, Simon
- 65-69 Weakly smooth preferences on Banach lattices
by Besada, M. & Vaquez, C.
- 71-75 A note on Lagrange multipliers with several binding constraints
by Weber, Christian E.
- 77-82 Making mobility visible: a graphical device
by Trede, Mark
- 83-90 Individual rationality and voting in cooperative production
by Corchon, Luis C. & Puy, M. Socorro
- 91-95 Staggering, the optimal monetary rule and persistence
by Pikoulakis, E. V. & Evans, William
- 97-105 The scope for monetary independence in exchange rate target zones broad and narrow
by Hurley, Margaret
- 107-111 Choosing the right battlefield for the war on drugs: an irrelevance result
by Chiu, Stephen & Mansley, Edward C. & Morgan, John
- 113-117 Athletes and work
by Ewing, Bradley T.
- 119-125 A model of the wage curve
by Campbell, Carl & Orszag, J. Michael
- 127-131 Adam Smith may have been right after all: A new approach to the analysis of compensating differentials
by Elliott, Robert F. & Sandy, Robert
- 133-138 Divisionalization and product differentiation
by Ziss, Steffen
- 139-144 Personalized transactions and market activity in the informal sector
by Bose, Pinaki
1998, Volume 58, Issue 3
- 255-261 Generating conditional expectations from models with selectivity bias: comment
by Schaffner, Julie Anderson
- 263-268 Generalized hurdle count data regression models
by Gurmu, Shiferaw
- 269-275 Coordination and local interaction: experimental evidence
by Keser, Claudia & Ehrhart, Karl-Martin & Berninghaus, Siegfried K.
- 277-280 Scale returns of a random matching model
by Kultti, Klaus
- 281-290 Demand systems with unit values:: A comparison of two specifications
by Lahatte, Agenor & Miquel, Ruth & Laisney, Francois & Preston, Ian
- 291-295 Taste for diversity and the optimality of economic growth
by de Groot, Henri L. F. & Nahuis, Richard
- 297-301 Product homogeneity as a prisoner's dilemma in a duopoly with R&D
by Lambertini, Luca & Rossini, Gianpaolo
- 303-310 Standardization and the stability of collusion
by Lambertini, Luca & Poddar, Sougata & Sasaki, Dan
- 311-317 Risk-sharing CARA individuals are collectively EU
by Bone, John
- 319-324 Lyapunov stability, regions of attraction, and indeterminate growth paths
by Russell, Thomas & Zecevic, Aleksandar
- 325-329 Evidence on the substitutability between government purchases and consumer spending within specific spending categories
by Kuehlwein, Michael
- 331-337 Imperfect competition, the Keynesian cross, and optimal fiscal policy
by Reinhorn, Leslie J.
- 339-344 Do exchange rates follow a random walk process in Middle Eastern countries?
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen
- 345-350 The effect of school quality on student performance: A quantile regression approach
by Eide, Eric & Showalter, Mark H.
- 351-354 Labor market slack and the wage curve
by Pannenberg, Markus & Schwarze, Johannes
- 355-360 Minimum quality standards as a barrier to innovation
by Maxwell, John W.
- 361-366 Industry profit-maximizing joint-venture structure in a linear cournot oligopoly
by Yi, Sang-Seung
- 367-369 A robust test for consumer welfare enhancing mergers among sellers of a homogeneous product
by Froeb, Luke M. & Werden, Gregory J.
1998, Volume 58, Issue 2
- 135-141 Autocorrelation specification in singular equation systems: A further look
by Holt, Matthew T.
- 143-147 Do core inflation measures help forecast inflation?
by Freeman, Donald G.
- 149-156 A Monte Carlo study of time aggregation in continuous-time and discrete-time parametric hazard models
by ter Hofstede, Frenkel & Wedel, Michel
- 157-163 On the testing of heterogeneity effects in dynamic unbalanced panel data models
by Jimenez-Martin, Sergi
- 165-170 A non-linear error correction mechanism based on the bilinear model1
by Peel, David & Davidson, James
- 171-175 On identifying permanent and transitory shocks in VAR models
by Yang, Minxian
- 177-183 Market problems
by Telser, L. G.
- 185-191 Computing the steady state of linear quadratic optimization models with rational expectations
by Amman, Hans M. & Kendrick, David A.
- 193-197 Bargaining, efficiency wages, and the price-cost markup
by Sanfey, Peter J.
- 199-204 Effects of indirect taxation in a mixed oligopoly
by Mujumdar, Sudesh & Pal, Debashis
- 205-209 Why do larger buyers pay lower prices? Intense supplier competition
by Snyder, Christopher M.
- 211-215 The effects of campaign contribution sources on the congressional elections of 1996
by Depken, Craig A.
- 217-223 A simplified exposition of smooth pasting
by Sodal, Sigbjorn
- 225-230 Seigniorage payments for use of the dollar: 1977-1995
by Jefferson, Philip N.
- 231-238 Long-run equilibrium real exchange rates and oil prices
by Chaudhuri, Kausik & Daniel, Betty C.
- 239-244 Do faculty salaries rise with job seniority?
by Barbezat, Debra A. & Donihue, Michael R.
- 245-253 Long run effects of employment and payroll taxes in an efficiency wage model
by Rasmussen, Bo Sandemann
1998, Volume 58, Issue 1
- 1-5 Testing cointegrating coefficients in vector autoregressive error correction models
by Hansen, Gerd & Kim, Jeong-Ryeol & Mittnik, Stefan
- 7-15 On bootstrap and analytical bias corrections
by Ferrari, Silvia L. P. & Cribari-Neto, Francisco
- 17-29 Generalized impulse response analysis in linear multivariate models
by Pesaran, H. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol
- 31-37 Small sample testing for cointegration using the bootstrap approach
by Harris, R. I. D. & Judge, G.
- 39-42 Unobservable individual effects in unbalanced panel data
by Gardner, Robert
- 43-49 Invariance and randomness in the Nash program for coalitional games
by Dagan, Nir & Serrano, Roberto
- 51-53 A note on the economic rationalization of gun control
by Chaudhri, Vivek & Geanakoplos, John
- 55-61 Optimal allocation of quotas
by Glazer, Amihai & Hassin, Refael
- 63-67 Prices versus quantities and distributional inefficiency
by Bennett, John
- 69-76 Popular support for progressive taxation and the relative income hypothesis
by Mitra, Tapan & Ok, Efe A. & Kockesen, Levent
- 77-84 Does consumer sentiment forecast household spending?: The Hong Kong case
by Fan, Chengze Simon & Wong, Phoebe
- 85-89 Taxation or regulation:: Looking for a good anti-smoking policy
by Lanoie, Paul & Leclair, Paul
- 91-95 A reestimation of the Evans-Jovanovic entrepreneurial choice model
by Xu, Bin
- 97-103 The ethnic wage gap and employment differentials in the 1990s: Evidence for Britain
by Blackaby, D. H. & Leslie, D. G. & Murphy, P. D. & O'Leary, N. C.
- 105-111 Product market competition and R&D rivalry
by Lin, Ping
- 113-117 Privatization on the stock market: Sale at one go or sale in tranches?
by Bel, Gema
- 119-126 Dynamics of R&D and investment: UK evidence
by Toivanen, Otto & Stoneman, Paul
- 127-131 Inventory costs and the optimal spacing of retail stores
by Braid, Ralph M.
1997, Volume 57, Issue 3
- 245-253 Testing for a unit root in the presence of a variance shift1
by Hamori, Shigeyuki & Tokihisa, Akira
- 255-259 Generalized stochastic frontier production models
by Lothgren, Mickael
- 261-267 Exact initial conditions for maximum likelihood estimation of state space models with stochastic inputs
by Casals, Jose & Sotoca, Sonia
- 269-273 An existence result for coalition-proof equilibrium
by Kukushkin, Nikolai S.
- 275-281 Aggressive pricing as a source of funding
by Hendel, Igal
- 283-287 Profit efficiency, Farrell decompositions and the Mahler inequality1
by Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna
- 289-296 In praise of inequality: public good provision and income distribution
by Itaya, Jun-ichi & de Meza, David & Myles, Gareth D.
- 297-303 A price adjustment process with symmetry
by Tuinstra, Jan
- 305-311 Investigation of stochastic preference theory using experimental data
by Carbone, Enrica
- 313-317 Least mean squares learning in self-referential linear stochastic models
by Barucci, Emilio & Landi, Leonardo
- 319-326 Precautionary saving and subjective earnings variance
by Lusardi, Annamaria
- 327-330 Efficiency wages: combining the shirking and turnover cost models
by Marti, Christopher
- 331-337 The cyclical behavior of mark ups in U.S. manufacturing and trade: new empirical evidence based on a model of optimal storage
by Kollmann, Robert
- 339-343 An analytical approximation of target zone exchange rate functions: the technique of collocation
by Kempa, Bernd & Nelles, Michael & Pierdzioch, Christian
- 345-352 Implied volatility from the term structure: a simple analytical approximation
by Steeley, James M.
- 353-358 Estimated hedonic wage function and value of life in a developing country
by Liu, Jin-Tan & Hammitt, James K. & Liu, Jin-Long
- 359-363 Disincentives for cost-reducing investment
by Thomas, Charles J.
1997, Volume 57, Issue 2
- 129-134 Small sample properties of the regression test of the expectations model of the term structure1
by Schotman, Peter C.
- 135-143 An elementary estimator of the partial linear model
by Yatchew, A.
- 145-148 Detecting the number of structural breaks
by Kim, In-Moo
- 149-156 A generalized least squares estimation method for invertible vector moving average models
by Flores de Frutos, Rafael & Serrano, Gregorio R.
- 157-162 The effect of the time-structure of information on the expectational-stability of rational expectations
by Roberts, Mark A.
- 163-168 The Hodrick-Prescott technique: A smoother versus a filter: An application to New Zealand GDP
by Razzak, W.
- 169-175 Reexamination of dynamic efficiency with taxation on land
by Kim, Kyung-Soo & Lee, Jaewoo
- 177-182 A new justification of monopolistic competition
by Guth, Werner & Huck, Steffen
- 183-187 Trends in market power and productivity growth rates in US and Japanese manufacturing
by Ryan, Daniel J.
- 189-195 An explicit solution for dynamic menu costs with zero discounting
by Chalkley, Martin
- 197-201 Multipliers: imperfect competition or increasing returns to scale?
by Fatas, Antonio
- 203-207 Uncertainty and the inflation bias of monetary policy
by Pearce, Douglas K. & Sobue, Motoshi
- 209-212 On public capital analysis with state data
by Ai, Chunrong & Cassou, Steven P.
- 213-218 Nash bargaining with downward rigid wages
by Cabrales, Antonio & Hopenhayn, Hugo
- 219-225 Earnings profile and monitoring under asymmetric information
by Bai, Chong-en
- 227-234 Entry and exit under demand uncertainty
by Vettas, Nikolaos
- 235-240 Taxpayer-consumers and public pricing
by Corneo, Giacomo G.
- 241-244 Markets and famines: a simple test with Indian data
by O Grada, Cormac
1997, Volume 57, Issue 1
- 1-4 Life cycle consumption models with uncertainty within periods
by Melenberg, Bertrand
- 5-10 The power of the ADF test
by Lopez, J. Humberto
- 11-16 On the properties of the Dickey-Pantula test against fractional alternatives
by Dolado, Juan J. & Marmol, Francesc
- 17-22 New panel unit root tests of PPP
by Coakley, Jerry & Fuertes, Ana Maria
- 23-32 A simulated likelihood estimator for qualitative response models with sufficient statistics
by Lee, Lung-Fei
- 33-37 Censored probit models do not fail randomly: A Monte Carlo study
by Butler, J. S.
- 39-44 The existence of population inequality measures
by Kleiber, Christian
- 45-50 Some relationships between evolutionary stability criteria in games
by Dufwenberg, Martin
- 51-56 A note on the Markov perfect equilibrium of a linear-quadratic alternating-move game
by Lau, Sau-Him Paul
- 57-62 Optimization and external reference; a comparison of three axiomatic systems
by Gaertner, Wulf & Xu, Yongsheng
- 63-67 Welfare measurement and representative consumer theory
by Smith, V. Kerry & Von Haefen, Roger