2001, Volume 71, Issue 2
2001, Volume 71, Issue 1
- 1-8 Econometric applications of high-breakdown robust regression techniques
by Zaman, Asad & Rousseeuw, Peter J. & Orhan, Mehmet
- 9-16 A new definition for time-dependent price mean reversion in commodity markets
by Kocagil, Ahmet E. & Swanson, Norman R. & Zeng, Tian
- 17-25 Calculating and analyzing impulse responses for the vector ARFIMA model
by Chung, Ching-Fan
- 27-33 Convergence of averages of scaled functions of I(1) linear processes
by de Jong, Robert M.
- 35-42 Modelling the duration of firms in Chapter 11 bankruptcy using a flexible model
by Orbe, Jesus & Ferreira, Eva & Nunez-Anton, Vicente
- 43-48 A robust Hansen-Sargent prediction formula
by Kasa, Kenneth
- 49-53 Buying and selling in strategic market games
by Ray, Indrajit
- 55-60 A comparison of standard multi-unit auctions with synergies
by Albano, Gian Luigi & Germano, Fabrizio & Lovo, Stefano
- 61-65 Induced-value tests of the referendum voting mechanism
by Taylor, Laura O. & McKee, Michael & Laury, Susan K. & Cummings, Ronald G.
- 67-73 Aggregation without separability: Composite commodity theorems in quantity-space
by Moro, Daniele
- 75-82 On some agency costs of intermediated contracting
by Faure-Grimaud, Antoine & Martimort, David
- 91-96 Export price responses to exogenous exchange rate movements
by Adolfson, Malin
- 97-103 Do complementary factors lead to economic fluctuations?
by Ralf, Kirsten
- 105-110 Export restrictions, urban unemployment, and the location of processing activities
by Gilbert, John & Wahl, Thomas
- 111-115 Tax harmonisation and the origin principle
by Lucas, Vander
- 117-129 On the mean-reverting properties of target zone exchange rates: a cautionary note
by Taylor, Mark P. & Iannizzotto, Matteo
- 131-136 Price limits and stock market volatility
by Kim, Kenneth A.
- 137-142 Tax normalizations, the marginal cost of funds, and optimal environmental taxes
by WilliamsIII, Roberton C.
- 143-148 Is there a bias toward excessive quality in defense procurement?
by Feinerman, Eli & Lipow, Jonathan
2001, Volume 70, Issue 3
- 295-301 Envelope and sensitivity analysis 'in the large'
by Chavas, Jean-Paul
- 303-309 On factor decomposition of cross-country income inequality: some extensions and qualifications
by Goerlich Gisbert, Francisco J.
- 311-317 Structural change tests under regression misspecifications
by Yang, Jian
- 319-326 Closed-form likelihood function of Markov-switching models
by Yang, Minxian
- 327-333 Cross sectional and panel estimation of convergence
by Goddard, John & Wilson, John
- 335-340 Further results on Lagrange multipliers with several binding constraints
by Caputo, Michael R.
- 341-348 On the equivalence of preferences
by Grant, Simon & Karni, Edi
- 349-355 A cake for Cournot
by Kamien, Morton I.
- 357-362 Repetition and signalling: experimental evidence from games with efficient equilibria
by Clark, Kenneth & Sefton, Martin
- 363-368 Market volatility and inequality in earnings: experimental evidence
by Huck, Steffen & Normann, Hans-Theo & Oechssler, Jorg
- 369-374 The demand functions that satisfy the weak axiom of revealed preference and generalized monotonicity
by Zhu, D. L.
- 375-380 On decomposable exchange rules
by Maniquet, Francois
- 381-385 Another direct proof of the Gibbard-Satterthwaite Theorem
by Sen, Arunava
- 387-395 Some empirical evidence on the 'discouraged worker' effect
by Benati, Luca
- 397-404 The monetary transmission mechanism: evidence and implications for European Monetary Union
by Fountas, Stilianos & Papagapitos, Agapitos
- 405-412 Are shocks to foreign investment in developing countries permanent or temporary? : Evidence from panel unit root tests
by Strazicich, Mark C. & Co, Catherine Y. & Lee, Junsoo
- 413-419 The debt hangover: Renegotiation with noncontractible investment
by Bhattacharya, Sudipto & Faure-Grimaud, Antoine
- 421-426 The Canada/Quebec pension plan disability program and the labor force participation of older men
by Campolieti, Michele
- 427-429 Remarks on good vs. bad characteristics in vertical differentiation
by Bontems, Philippe & Requillart, Vincent
- 431-437 On price competition with complementary goods
by Gabszewicz, Jean & Sonnac, Nathalie & Wauthy, Xavier
2001, Volume 70, Issue 2
- 147-155 Change point estimation in regressions with I(d) variables
by Hsu, Chih-Chiang
- 157-164 Finite sample properties of a QML estimator of stochastic volatility models with long memory
by Perez, Ana & Ruiz, Esther
- 165-173 Local equilibria in economic games
by Alos-Ferrer, Carlos & Ania, Ana B.
- 175-181 Are adults better behaved than children? Age, experience, and the endowment effect
by Harbaugh, William T. & Krause, Kate & Vesterlund, Lise
- 183-186 Aggregation, rank, and some historical Engel curves
by Costa, Dora L.
- 187-194 On the superiority of the multiple round ascending bid auction
by Branco, Fernando
- 195-202 The effect of entry and information costs on oral versus sealed-bid auctions
by Engelbrecht-Wiggans, Richard
- 203-208 Different notions of disappointment aversion
by Grant, Simon & Kajii, Atsushi & Polak, Ben
- 209-214 Efficiency and stabilization: reducing Harberger triangles and Okun gaps
by Hairault, Jean-Olivier & Langot, Francois & Portier, Franck
- 215-221 Propaedeutics of strategic theories of economic integration
by Haller, Hans H. & Ioannides, Yannis M.
- 223-228 Reserve uncertainty and speculative attacks on target zones
by Fella, Giulio
- 229-235 Volatility and stock prices: implications from a production model of asset pricing
by Basu, Parantap & Samanta, Prodyot
- 237-243 Waves and persistence in merger and acquisition activity
by Barkoulas, John T. & Baum, Christopher F. & Chakraborty, Atreya
- 245-251 Financial repression and optimal taxation
by Bai, Chong-En & Li, David D. & Qian, Yingyi & Wang, Yijiang
- 253-257 The Okun curve is non-linear
by Viren, Matti
- 259-265 Options to quit
by Pfann, Gerard A.
- 267-272 Evidence production in adversarial vs. inquisitorial regimes
by Froeb, Luke M. & Kobayashi, Bruce H.
- 273-281 Information asymmetry as a source of spatial agglomeration
by Tropeano, Jean-Philippe
- 283-287 On the measurement of [sigma]-convergence
by Dalgaard, Carl-Johan & Vastrup, Jacob
- 289-294 Political instability and economic growth in developing economies: some specification empirics
by Fosu, A. K.
2001, Volume 70, Issue 1
- 1-8 Unit root and stationarity tests' wedding
by Carrion-i-Silvestre, Josep Lluis & Sanso-i-Rossello, Andreu & Ortuno, Manuel Artis
- 9-14 Unit root testing in integer-valued AR(1) models
by Hellstrom, Jorgen
- 15-19 An almost unbiased estimator of the coefficient of variation
by Breunig, Robert
- 21-27 A distance measure between cointegration spaces
by Larsson, Rolf & Villani, Mattias
- 29-41 Memory and infrequent breaks
by Gourieroux, Christian & Jasiak, Joann
- 43-49 First-difference estimator for panel censored-selection models
by Lee, Myoung-jae
- 51-58 Predictive accuracy for chaotic economic models
by Bordignon, Silvano & Lisi, Francesco
- 59-68 The impact of public information on insider trading
by Luo, Shunlong
- 69-72 Measuring diversity in product space: the missing axiom
by Bernhofen, Daniel M.
- 73-78 Incorporating demand shifters in the Almost Ideal demand system
by Alston, Julian M. & Chalfant, James A. & Piggott, Nicholas E.
- 79-82 An all-pay auction with a pure-strategy equilibrium
by Amegashie, J. Atsu
- 83-87 Strategic complements and substitutes in bilateral oligopolies
by Bloch, Francis & Ferrer, Helene
- 89-93 Divisionalization in contests
by Huck, Steffen & Konrad, Kai A. & Muller, Wieland
- 95-98 Pareto principles from Inch to Ell
by Suzumura, Kotaro
- 99-105 Arrow's theorem and the Gibbard-Satterthwaite theorem: a unified approach
by Reny, Philip J.
- 107-114 Precautionary saving and fuzzy information
by Hauenschild, Nils & Stahlecker, Peter
- 115-120 Consumption-leisure choice with habit formation
by Seckin, Aylin
- 121-126 Can democracy help? Growth and ethnic divisions
by Bluedorn, John C.
- 127-132 Group size and free riding when private and public goods are gross substitutes
by Gaube, Thomas
- 133-138 The effects of child-bearing on women's marital status: using twin births as a natural experiment
by Jacobsen, Joyce P. & PearceIII, James Wishart & Rosenbloom, Joshua L.
- 139-144 Did tough antitrust policy lead to lower mark-ups in the US manufacturing industry?
by Warzynski, Frederic
- 145-145 Erratum to 'A note on the optimality of airline networks': [Economic Letters, 69 (2000) 429-434]
by Pels, Eric & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet
2000, Volume 69, Issue 3
- 245-251 A consistent semiparametric estimation of the consumer surplus distribution
by Foster, Andrew & Hahn, Jinyong
- 253-259 Testing efficient market hypothesis for the dollar-sterling gold standard exchange rate 1890-1906: MLE with double truncation
by Goldman, Elena
- 261-266 Do core inflation measures help forecast inflation?: Out-of-sample evidence from French data
by Le Bihan, Herve & Sedillot, Franck
- 267-276 Small sample properties of the conditional least squares estimator in SETAR models
by Kapetanios, George
- 277-284 Measurement error in a single regressor
by Meijer, Erik & Wansbeek, Tom
- 285-288 Mean reversion in the real exchange rates
by Gil-Alana, Luis A.
- 289-297 Co-integration inference in the value-profit relation and investment models
by Verschueren, Frederic
- 299-307 How accurate are confidence intervals for impulse responses in large VAR models?
by Kilian, Lutz & Chang, Pao-Li
- 309-312 Identification of multiple equation probit models with endogenous dummy regressors
by Wilde, Joachim
- 313-317 The law of demand implies limits to chaos
by Keenan, Donald & Kim, Taewon
- 319-322 The Gibbard-Satterthwaite theorem: a simple proof
by Benoit, Jean-Pierre
- 323-326 Balancedness of permutation games and envy-free allocations in indivisible good economies
by Klijn, Flip & Tijs, Stef & Hamers, Herbert
- 327-331 Migration and intergroup conflict
by Hausken, Kjell
- 333-339 Bargaining with asymmetric threat points
by Corominas-Bosch, Margarida
- 341-344 About bargaining power
by Kultti, Klaus
- 345-351 A simple model of advertising and subscription fees
by Baye, Michael R. & Morgan, John
- 353-358 Optimal insurance design with random initial wealth
by Mahul, Olivier
- 359-363 Costly signal extraction and profit differentials in oligopolistic markets
by Caglayan, Mustafa & Usman, Murat
- 365-370 Neutral technological change and the skill premium
by Moutos, Thomas
- 371-376 The Phillips and Beveridge curves revisited
by Cheron, Arnaud & Langot, Francois
- 377-383 The effects of budget deficit on national saving in the OECD
by Domenech, Rafael & Taguas, David & Varela, Juan
- 385-391 Robust vs. OLS estimation of the market model: implications for event studies
by Cable, John & Holland, Kevin
- 393-400 Flat subsidies, technological change and transitional dynamics: a welfare analysis
by Garcia-Castrillo, Pedro & Sanso, Marcos
- 401-405 The gender gap, fertility, subsidies and growth
by Momota, Michiko
- 407-413 Atrophy rates in male and female occupations
by Robst, John & VanGilder, Jennifer
- 415-420 Skill mismatch and unemployment
by Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Zenou, Yves
- 421-427 A note on the relation between size, ownership status and plant's closure: sunk costs vs. strategic size liability
by Colombo, Massimo G. & Delmastro, Marco
- 429-434 A note on the optimality of airline networks
by Pels, Eric & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet
2000, Volume 69, Issue 2
- 115-121 Which vintage of data to use when there are multiple vintages of data?: Cointegration, weak exogeneity and common factors
by Patterson, K. D.
- 123-128 The first-order stochastic dominance ordering of the Singh-Maddala distribution
by Klonner, Stefan
- 129-136 Growth and differentiated oligopoly
by Cellini, Roberto
- 137-142 Non-reciprocal altruism in dictator games
by Johannesson, Magnus & Persson, Bjorn
- 143-151 Do private income transfers increase labor market risk?
by Chami, Ralph & Fischer, Jeffrey H.
- 153-158 Late fees and price discrimination
by Sarangi, Sudipta & Verbrugge, Randal
- 159-163 Outfoxing a paradox
by Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna
- 165-171 Imperfect commitment and the revelation principle: the multi-agent case
by Bester, Helmut & Strausz, Roland
- 173-179 Indeterminacy in a model with aggregate and sector-specific externalities
by Harrison, Sharon & Weder, Mark
- 181-185 Efficiency wages and union-firm bargaining
by Garino, Gaia & Martin, Christopher
- 187-191 World War II as reflected on capital markets
by Frey, Bruno S. & Kucher, Marcel
- 193-200 Does deposit insurance stimulate capital inflows?
by Lane, Philip R. & Sarisoy, Selen
- 201-206 A portfolio approach to the optimal funding of pensions
by Dutta, Jayasri & Kapur, Sandeep & Orszag, J. Michael
- 207-212 Income inequality and economic development: evidence from the threshold regression model
by Savvides, Andreas & Stengos, Thanasis
- 213-217 The long-run relationship between productivity and capital
by Funk, Mark & Strauss, Jack
- 219-223 A nonparametric analysis of income convergence across the US states
by Johnson, Paul A.
- 225-233 Productivity slowdown due to scarcity of capital to scrap in a putty-clay model
by Lindh, Thomas
- 235-238 On the long-run efficiency of auctioned vs. free permits
by Kling, Catherine L. & Zhao, Jinhua
- 239-243 Residential segregation and socioeconomic outcomes: When did ghettos go bad?
by Collins, William J. & Margo, Robert A.
2000, Volume 69, Issue 1
- 1-8 On the uniqueness of stable marriage matchings
by Eeckhout, Jan
- 9-14 Double-length regressions for the Box-Cox difference model with heteroskedasticity or autocorrelation
by Baltagi, Badi H. & Li, Dong
- 15-23 A radial basis function artificial neural network test for ARCH
by Blake, Andrew P. & Kapetanios, George
- 25-31 The East German wage curve 1993-1998
by Baltagi, Badi H. & Blien, Uwe & Wolf, Katja
- 33-37 When is a proportional hazards model valid for both stock and flow sampled duration data?
by Kemp, Gordon C. R.
- 39-44 Hybrid models of the Lorenz curve
by Ogwang, Tomson & Rao, U. L. Gouranga
- 45-54 Cultural differences in attitudes toward bargaining
by Anderson, Lisa R. & Rodgers, Yana V. & Rodriguez, Roger R.
- 55-61 Linear-homothetic preferences
by Datta, Bipasa & Dixon, Huw
- 63-69 A price-setting game with a nonatomic fringe
by Tasnadi, Attila
- 71-79 The interaction between the equity premium and the risk-free rate
by Grant, Simon & Quiggin, John
- 81-87 Uncovered interest parity and policy behavior: new evidence
by Christensen, Michael
- 89-94 On the profitability of technical trading rules based on artificial neural networks:: Evidence from the Madrid stock market
by Fernandez-Rodriguez, Fernando & Gonzalez-Martel, Christian & Sosvilla-Rivero, Simon
- 95-99 Growth effects of an unfunded social security system when there is altruism and human capital
by Sanchez-Losada, Fernando
- 101-107 The effects of sectoral and technological changes on the skill composition of employment in the United Kingdom 1951-91
by Hoskins, Martin
- 109-114 Applications, grants and the value of patent
by Guellec, Dominique & Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, Bruno v.
2000, Volume 68, Issue 3
- 225-234 A look at the quality of the approximation of the functional central limit theorem
by Perron, Pierre & Mallet, Sylvie
- 235-244 Evaluating the semi-nonparametric fourier, aim, and neural networks cost functions
by Fleissig, Adrian R. & Kastens, Terry & Terrell, Dek
- 245-250 A framework for estimating dynamic, unobserved effects panel data models with possible feedback to future explanatory variables
by Wooldridge, Jeffrey M.
- 251-254 A generalization of supermodularity
by Agliardi, Elettra
- 255-261 Shaping intergenerational relationships: the demonstration effect
by Jellal, Mohamed & Wolff, Francois-Charles
- 271-277 Synchronization of price changes by multiproduct firms: evidence from Canadian newspaper prices
by Fisher, Timothy C. G. & Konieczny, Jerzy D.
- 279-285 Bertrand competition and Cournot outcomes: further results
by Boccard, Nicolas & Wauthy, Xavier
- 287-292 The choice of the voting structure for privatizing a company
by At, Christian & Morand, Pierre-Henri
- 293-298 Contingent commodities and implementation
by Chattopadhyay, Subir & Corchon, Luis & Naeve, Jorg
- 299-302 On resource monotonicity in the fair division problem
by Maniquet, Francois & Sprumont, Yves
- 303-308 Factor bias and technical progress
by Findlay, Ronald & Jones, Ronald
- 309-317 Stabilization of human population through economic increasing returns
by Foley, Duncan K.
- 319-325 Labor supply under wage uncertainty
by Hartwick, John M.
- 327-332 Investment in quality under asymmetric information with endogenously informed consumers
by Fishman, Arthur & Simhon, Avi
- 333-337 Process and product innovation in a vertically differentiated monopoly
by Lambertini, Luca & Orsini, Raimondello
- 339-339 Corrigendum to "On the calculation of marginal effects in the bivariate probit model" [Econ. Lett. 54, (1997) 203-208]
by Christofides, L. N. & Hardin, J. W. & Stengos, T.
2000, Volume 68, Issue 2
- 113-118 Alternative models of demand for automobiles
by Wojcik, Charlotte
- 119-125 Tick size and the compass rose: further insights
by Wang, Eliza & Hudson, Robert & Keasey, Kevin
- 127-133 An explanation for the compass rose pattern
by Gleason, Kimberly C. & Lee, Chun I. & Mathur, Ike
- 135-141 Bias reduction in autoregressive models
by Patterson, K. D.
- 143-147 The ambiguous effect of new and improved goods on the cost of living
by Erickson, Timothy
- 149-156 A note on mutually absolutely continuous belief systems
by Lo, Kin Chung
- 157-164 Strong Condorcet efficiency of scoring rules
by Lepelley, Dominique & Gehrlein, William V.
- 165-171 Post mortem reputation, compensatory gifts and equal bequests
by Lundholm, Michael & Ohlsson, Henry
- 173-178 The inflationary bias in a model of the open economy: a note
by Guender, Alfred V. & McCaw, Sharon
- 185-190 Operating performance around the adoption of director incentive plans
by Vafeas, Nikos
- 191-196 The economics of crime and punishment: An analysis of optimal penalty
by Saha, Atanu & Poole, Graham
- 197-202 Risk aversion, learning spillovers, and path-dependent economic growth
by Verbrugge, Randal
- 203-209 Technology cooperation between firms of developed and less-developed countries
by Ramani, Shyama V.
- 211-215 Can tax policy help explain state-level macroeconomic growth?
by Yamarik, Steven
- 217-223 Searching for a Kuznets curve in environmental efficiency using kernel estimation
by Taskin, Fatma & Zaim, Osman
2000, Volume 68, Issue 1
- 1-6 An 'economics proof' of the supporting hyperplane theorem
by Weitzman, Martin L.
- 7-11 On the end-point issue in unit root tests in the presence of a structural break
by Lee, Junsoo
- 13-20 Rectangular and wedge-shaped multivariate normal probabilities
by Vijverberg, Wim P. M.
- 21-24 Moment conditions for fixed effects count data models with endogenous regressors
by Windmeijer, Frank
- 25-30 Non-linear Granger causality in the currency futures returns
by Asimakopoulos, Ioannis & Ayling, David & Mansor Mahmood, Wan
- 31-36 Generalized bivariate count data regression models
by Gurmu, Shiferaw & Elder, John
- 37-41 Caution in macroeconomic policy: uncertainty and the relative intensity of policy
by Mercado, P. Ruben & Kendrick, David A.
- 43-49 On a characterization of stable matchings
by Adachi, Hiroyuki
- 51-53 Growth with unintended bequests
by Cipriani, Giam Pietro
- 55-59 Preferences over valuation distributions in auctions
by Hennessy, David A.
- 61-66 Auctions when bidders prepare by investing in ideas
by Jeitschko, Thomas D. & Wolfstetter, Elmar
- 67-77 Solving consumption models with multiplicative habits
by Carroll, Christopher D.
- 79-84 A further generalization of the Solow growth model: the role of the public sector
by Bajo-Rubio, Oscar
- 85-88 The Feldstein-Horioka puzzle revisited
by Sachsida, Adolfo & Caetano, Marcelo Abi-Ramia
- 89-93 Exchange rate overshooting in Turkey
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Kara, Orhan
- 95-99 Welfare-maximizing tax structure in a model with human capital
by Gomez, Manuel A.
- 101-107 Market structure, cost asymmetries, and fiscal policy effectiveness
by Molana, Hassan & Montagna, Catia
- 109-112 Economic growth and geographic proximity
by Attfield, C. L. F. & Cannon, Edmund S. & Demery, D. & Duck, Nigel W.
2000, Volume 67, Issue 3
- 239-243 A jackknife interpretation of the continuous updating estimator
by Donald, Stephen G. & Newey, Whitney K.
- 245-251 Can portmanteau nonlinearity tests serve as general mis-specification tests?: Evidence from symmetric and asymmetric GARCH models
by Brooks, Chris & Henry, Olan T.
- 253-260 Imposing local concavity in the translog and generalized Leontief cost functions
by Ryan, David L. & Wales, Terence J.
- 261-271 Alternative representation for asymptotic distributions of impulse responses in cointegrated VAR systems
by Arai, Yoichi & Yamamoto, Taku
- 273-281 An algebraic interpretation of cointegration
by Neusser, Klaus
- 283-288 Solution and control of linear rational expectations models with structural effects from future instruments
by Blake, Andrew P.
- 289-295 Two further empirical implications of Auspitz-Lieben-Edgeworth-Pareto complementarity
by Weber, Christian E.
- 297-301 Provision of a public good with bounded cost
by Al-Najjar, Nabil I. & Smorodinsky, Rann