March 2003, Volume 78, Issue 3
- 373-378 A bivariate zero-inflated negative binomial regression model for count data with excess zeros
by Wang, Peiming
- 379-384 Average q, marginal q, and the relation between ownership and performance
by Gugler, Klaus & Yurtoglu, Burcin B.
- 385-394 Estimating the returns to education using the newest current population survey education questions
by Jaeger, David A.
- 395-399 Response surface estimates of stationarity tests with a structural break
by Presno, Maria Jose & Lopez, Ana Jesus
- 401-407 Prevention of herding by experts
by Kargin, Vladislav
- 409-413 The representative bettor, bet size, and prospect theory
by Bradley, Ian
- 415-422 Asymmetric long memory GARCH: a reply to Hwang's model
by Ruiz, Esther & Perez, Ana
- 423-430 Hypothetical bias and willingness to accept
by Nape, Steven & Frykblom, Peter & Harrison, Glenn W. & Lesley, James C.
- 431-436 A Bayesian approach to decomposing wage differentials
by Radchenko, Stanislav I. & Yun, Myeong-Su
- 437-441 A note on the potential pitfalls in estimating a 'wealth effect' on consumption from aggregate data
by Dolmas, Jim
February 2003, Volume 78, Issue 2
- 147-152 Empirical evidence on the relationship between the term structure of interest rates and future real output changes when there are changes in policy regimes
by Peel, David A. & Ioannidis, Christos
- 153-159 The effect of using grouped data on the estimation of the Gini income elasticity
by Wodon, Quentin & Yitzhaki, Shlomo
- 161-166 Comparative statics without total differentiation of the first-order conditions
by Ng, Yew-Kwang & Yeh, Yeong-Nan
- 167-168 Bertrand without fudge
by Blume, Andreas
- 169-174 Wage flexibility: evidence from five EU countries based on the wage curve
by Montuenga, Victor & Garcia, Inmaculada & Fernandez, Melchor
- 175-180 Testing the expectations hypothesis using long-maturity forward rates
by Christiansen, Charlotte
- 181-185 Operational time of the Korea stock markets
by Kim, In-Moo
- 187-195 Inflation tax and money essentiality
by de Holanda Barbosa, Fernando & Barros da Cunha, Alexandre
- 197-203 Assessing European stock markets (co)integration
by Garcia Pascual, Antonio
- 205-212 An inverted-U relationship between inequality and long-run growth
by Chen, Been-Lon
- 213-218 On the existence of equilibria to Bayesian games with non-finite type and action spaces
by Meirowitz, Adam
- 219-224 Currency substitution: new evidence from emerging economies
by Selcuk, Faruk
- 225-229 Restrictions on the autoregressive parameters of share systems with spatial dependence
by Lahatte, Agenor
- 231-239 A positive theory of immigration amnesties
by Karlson, Stephen H. & Katz, Eliakim
- 241-245 National versus sectoral shocks: new evidence for the manufacturing sector in European countries
by Ramos, Raul & Clar, Miquel & Surinach, Jordi
- 247-252 Measuring technical progress in gross and net products
by Pezzey, John C. V.
- 253-258 Investment and financial constraints in transition economies: micro evidence from Poland, the Czech Republic, Bulgaria and Romania
by Konings, Jozef & Rizov, Marian & Vandenbussche, Hylke
- 259-265 A note on bootstrapping unit root tests in the presence of a non-zero drift
by van Giersbergen, Noud P. A.
- 267-271 Reversing privatization as a screening mechanism
by Li, Hongbin
- 273-280 Generalizing incentives and loss of control in an optimal hierarchy: the role of information technology
by Meagher, Kieron J.
- 281-286 Globalization and unemployment: the role of international diversification
by Harms, Philipp & Hefeker, Carsten
- 287-291 Why do multinational enterprises borrow from local banks?
by Du, Julan
- 293-293 Erratum to "Tests for covariance stationarity and white noise, with an application to Euro/US dollar exchange rate: An approach based on the evolutionary spectral density" [Economics Letters 77 (2002) 177-186]
by Ahamada, Ibrahim & Boutahar, Mohamed
January 2003, Volume 78, Issue 1
- 1-7 Quality heterogeneity and welfare
by Symeonidis, George
- 9-16 Confidence building and politics in privatization: some evidence from Spain
by Bel, Germa
- 17-25 Cointegration and the joint confirmation hypothesis
by Gabriel, Vasco J.
- 27-32 An experiment on the value of structural information in a 2 x 2 repeated game
by Mitropoulos, Atanasios
- 33-39 Note on bandwidth selection in testing for long range dependence
by Xiao, Zhijie
- 41-47 A competitive market model for indivisible commodities
by Yang, Zaifu
- 49-54 Which mechanisms support the fulfillment of sales agreements?: Asking decision-makers in firms
by Hendley, Kathryn & Murrell, Peter
- 55-58 Optimal monetary policy under inflation targeting based on an instrument rule
by Guender, Alfred V.
- 59-66 Comparing social security programs with leisure and bequests
by Zhang, Jie
- 67-70 Matching with multiple applications
by Albrecht, James W. & Gautier, Pieter A. & Vroman, Susan B.
- 71-77 Gains from FDI inflows with incomplete information
by Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim
- 79-86 A homothetic utility function for monopolistic competition models, without constant price elasticity
by Feenstra, Robert C.
- 87-92 Industry-wide versus firm-specific uncertainty and investment: British company panel data evidence
by Henley, Andrew & Carruth, Alan & Dickerson, Andy
- 93-99 Measuring pro-poor growth
by Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua
- 101-108 Perfect competition and intra-industry trade
by Cukrowski, Jacek & Aksen, Ernest
- 109-115 Capital structure and output pricing in a developing country
by Erol, Turan
- 117-123 Inflation and productivity shocks
by Christofides, Louis N. & Mamuneas, Theofanis P.
- 125-129 Loan market equilibrium with difference of opinion and imperfect competition
by Hyytinen, Ari
- 131-137 Price or quantity in tacit collusion?
by Lambertini, Luca & Schultz, Christian
- 139-146 Stability and non-linear dynamics in the broad demand for money in Spain
by Ordonez, Javier
November 2002, Volume 77, Issue 3
- 301-307 Hybrid auctions
by Dutra, Joisa C. & Menezes, Flavio M.
- 309-313 Cross-border shopping from small to large countries
by Nielsen, Soren Bo
- 315-321 Regulations, regime switches and non-monotonicity when non-compliance is an option: an application to content protection and preference
by Ju, Jiandong & Krishna, Kala
- 323-327 A bound on the number of Nash equilibria in a coordination game
by Quint, Thomas & Shubik, Martin
- 329-333 Asymmetric adjustment from structural booms and slumps
by Siklos, Pierre L.
- 335-341 The link between growth volatility and technical progress: cross-country evidence
by Tang, Sam Hak Kan
- 343-347 On the power of the Augmented Dickey-Fuller test against fractional alternatives using bootstrap
by Bisaglia, Luisa & Procidano, Isabella
- 349-356 A note on wage differentials, fixed-wages and adverse selection
by Carlier, G. & Gaumont, D.
- 357-363 A mean shift break in the US interest rate
by Gil-Alana, Luis A.
- 365-369 Disagreement is unpredictable
by Hanson, Robin
- 371-376 Foreign direct investment, exports and domestic performance in Mexico: a causality analysis
by Alguacil, Ma. Teresa & Cuadros, Ana & Orts, Vicente
- 377-380 Growth and utility maximization
by Hellwig, Klaus
- 381-385 The effect of the normalisation of the shadow price vector on the cost function estimation
by Maietta, Ornella Wanda
- 387-392 The income elasticity of non-point source air pollutants: revisiting the environmental Kuznets curve
by Khanna, Neha
- 393-398 Product innovations and quality-adjusted prices
by Fishman, Arthur & Rob, Rafael
- 399-404 Tobit without apology
by Levy, Armando
- 405-409 Empirical evidence of the spot and the forward exchange rates in Canada
by Gil-Alana, Luis A.
- 411-417 Nonlinear mean reversion in real exchange rates
by Chortareas, Georgios E. & Kapetanios, George & Shin, Yongcheol
- 419-424 Dynamic inconsistency and self-control: a planner-doer interpretation
by Benabou, Roland & Pycia, Marek
- 425-431 Probability mass functions for additional years of labor market activity induced by the Markov (increment-decrement) model
by Skoog, Gary & Ciecka, James
- 433-437 A note on NNS models: introducing physical capital; avoiding rationing
by Danthine, Jean-Pierre & Donaldson, John B.
- 439-444 The returns to R&D in Tobin q models and the option value of future R&D
by Bosworth, Derek
October 2002, Volume 77, Issue 2
- 147-155 Information, addiction, and 'bad choices': lessons from a century of cigarettes
by Sloan, Frank A. & Smith, V. Kerry & Taylor, Donald Jr.
- 157-161 Do past unemployment spells affect the duration of current unemployment?
by Choi, HwaJung & Shin, Donggyun
- 163-168 The non-optimality of proposed monetary policy rules under timeless perspective commitment
by Jensen, Christian & McCallum, Bennett T.
- 169-175 Industry profits and competition under bilateral oligopoly
by Naylor, Robin A.
- 177-186 Tests for covariance stationarity and white noise, with an application to Euro/US dollar exchange rate: An approach based on the evolutionary spectral density
by Ahamada, Ibrahim
- 187-194 Can non-linear time series models generate US business cycle asymmetric shape?
by Beatriz C. Galvao, Ana
- 195-198 How much should central banks talk?: A new argument
by Gruner, Hans Peter
- 199-204 Tax incidence with bargaining
by Chae, Suchan
- 205-209 Inflation and Central Bank independence revisited
by Brumm, Harold J.
- 211-220 On testing overidentifying restrictions in dynamic panel data models
by Bowsher, Clive G.
- 221-225 Capital account liberalization and inflation
by Gruben, William C. & McLeod, Darryl
- 227-232 Extending the McCallum monetary policy reaction function for more than two periods
by Romhanyi, Balazs
- 233-237 A note on public goods dependency
by Kanbur, Ravi & Pottebaum, David
- 239-243 The KPSS test with seasonal dummies
by Phillips, Peter C. B. & Jin, Sainan
- 245-253 Predicting a recession: evidence from the yield curve in the presence of structural breaks
by Chauvet, Marcelle & Potter, Simon
- 255-263 Tariffs in monopolistic competition models with leisure-consumption trade-off
by Frensch, Richard
- 265-269 Calibration and the volatility of labor: a cautionary note
by Salyer, Kevin D.
- 271-277 Monetary policy and long term interest rates in Germany
by Peersman, Gert
- 279-285 Labor-market search and real business cycles: Nash bargaining vs. fair wage
by Cheron, A.
- 287-292 The causal effects of exports on firm size and labor productivity: first evidence from a matching approach
by Wagner, Joachim
- 293-299 Are saving and investment cointegrated? An ARDL bounds testing approach
by De Vita, Glauco & Abbott, Andrew
September 2002, Volume 77, Issue 1
- 1-8 Asset pricing with jump/diffusion permanent income shocks
by Freeman, Mark
- 9-14 The role of the urban/non-urban cost-of-living difference in measured intergenerational earnings mobility
by Kim, Bonggeun
- 15-20 'Keep it real!': a real-time UK macro data set
by Egginton, Don M. & Pick, Andreas & Vahey, Shaun P.
- 21-26 Risk aversion and rising wage inequality
by Caroli, Eve & Garcia-Penalosa, Cecilia
- 27-34 Optimal saving rules for loss-averse agents under uncertainty
by Siegmann, Arjen
- 35-40 Monetary uncertainty, strategic wage setting and equilibrium employment
by Lawler, Phillip
- 41-45 New evidence on international R&D spillovers, human capital and productivity in the OECD
by del Barrio-Castro, Tomas & Lopez-Bazo, Enrique & Serrano-Domingo, Guadalupe
- 47-53 Testing the distribution of error components in panel data models
by Gilbert, Scott
- 55-63 Market timing: a test of a charting heuristic
by Leigh, William & Paz, Noemi & Purvis, Russell
- 65-72 Quality underprovision by a monopolist when quality is not costly
by Gabszewicz, Jean J. & Wauthy, Xavier Y.
- 73-78 Investment in real assets and information acquisition: the OCE preferences case
by Giannikos, Christos I. & Ozenbas, Deniz
- 79-84 Structural breaks and fractional integration in the US output and unemployment rate
by Gil-Alana, Luis A.
- 85-91 Trade as a threshold variable for multiple regimes
by Papageorgiou, Chris
- 93-99 GDP growth and the composite leading index: a nonlinear causality analysis for eleven countries
by Huh, Hyeon-seung
- 101-107 Technological inefficiency and the skewness of the error component in stochastic frontier analysis
by Carree, Martin A.
- 109-115 The effects of sunk costs on entry and exit: evidence from 36 countries
by Gschwandtner, Adelina & Lambson, Val E.
- 117-123 Non-binary choice in a non-deterministic model
by Alcantud, J. C. R.
- 125-130 Indeterminate steady-state equilibria in a one-sector model
by Borissov, Kirill
- 131-135 Political determinants of central bank independence
by Farvaque, Etienne
- 137-146 An improvement of the GPH estimator
by Andersson, Jonas
August 2002, Volume 76, Issue 3
- 303-309 Reconsidering the labeling effect for child benefits: evidence from a transition economy
by Edmonds, Eric
- 311-316 The term premium, time varying interest rate volatility and central bank policy reaction
by Kugler, Peter
- 317-322 Product differentiation in spatial Cournot markets
by Shimizu, Daisuke
- 323-329 Precautionary wealth accumulation: a positive third derivative is not enough
by Huggett, Mark & Vidon, Edouard
- 331-336 On the multiplicity of efficiency-inducing tax rules
by Benchekroun, Hassan & Van Long, Ngo
- 337-343 The size of meetings and the role of money
by Mills, David Jr.
- 345-349 Menu costs, firm strategy, and price rigidity
by Owen, Ann & Trzepacz, David
- 351-356 Unidimensional Downsian politics: median, utilitarian or what else?
by Laussel, Didier & Le Breton, Michel
- 357-367 Neighborhood wealth distributions
by Ioannides, Yannis M. & Seslen, Tracey N.
- 369-374 Nesting quadratic logarithmic demand systems
by Lyssiotou, Panayiota & Pashardes, Panos & Stengos, Thanasis
- 375-382 Comparison of forecast performance for homogeneous, heterogeneous and shrinkage estimators: Some empirical evidence from US electricity and natural-gas consumption
by Baltagi, Badi H. & Bresson, Georges & Pirotte, Alain
- 383-391 Spurious logarithms and the KPSS statistic
by de Jong, Robert M. & Schmidt, Peter
- 393-396 On non-existence of pure strategy Markov perfect equilibrium
by Livshits, Igor
- 397-404 The long-run relation between black market and official exchange rates: evidence from panel cointegration
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Miteza, Ilir & Nasir, A. B. M.
- 405-410 Initial asset inequality and tariff formation: a cross-country analysis
by Hwang, Jinyoung & Jung, Kun-Oh
- 411-417 GMM estimation of the new Phillips curve
by Ma, Adrian
- 419-427 Credibility, cost of reneging and the choice of fixed exchange rate regime
by Rasmussen, Bo Sandemann
- 429-436 Using bootstrap methods to obtain nonnormality robust Chow prediction tests
by Godfrey, Leslie G. & Orme, Chris D.
- 437-442 The Modigliani 'puzzle'
by Herbertsson, Tryggvi Thor & Zoega, Gylfi
- 443-447 Markets that don't replicate any option
by Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Tourky, Rabee
July 2002, Volume 76, Issue 2
- 151-158 Gender differences in revealed risk taking: evidence from mutual fund investors
by Dwyer, Peggy D. & Gilkeson, James H. & List, John A.
- 159-164 Migration dynamics
by Stark, Oded & Wang, You Qiang
- 165-171 A new kernel for long-run variance estimates in seasonal time series models
by Shin, Dong Wan & Oh, Man-Suk
- 173-178 Price discrimination and majority voting
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques
- 179-187 International income mobility
by Parker, Simon C. & Gardner, Sam
- 189-194 Candidate ability and platform choice
by Dix, Manfred & Santore, Rudy
- 195-203 Firm size and economic growth
by Shaffer, Sherrill
- 205-211 Test of heteroscedasticity in a regression model in the presence of measurement errors
by Wallentin, Bo & Agren, Anders
- 213-221 A simple method of testing for cointegration subject to multiple regime changes
by Gabriel, Vasco J. & Psaradakis, Zacharias & Sola, Martin
- 223-229 Is public information really irrelevant in explaining asset returns?
by Edmonds, Radcliffe Jr. & Kutan, Ali M.
- 231-237 Payoff equivalence in sealed bid auctions and the dual theory of choice under risk
by Volij, Oscar
- 239-244 Sequential bidding in auctions of construction contracts
by De Silva, Dakshina G. & Dunne, Timothy & Kosmopoulou, Georgia
- 245-250 Nominal data and the production smoothing hypothesis
by Wang, Hung-Jen
- 251-258 Comparing the superlative Tornqvist and Fisher ideal indexes
by Dumagan, Jesus C.
- 259-265 An explicit variance formula for the Box-Cox functional form estimator
by Yang, Zhenlin & Abeysinghe, Tilak
- 267-271 A note on the nonstationary binary choice logit model
by Guerre, Emmanuel & Moon, Hyungsik Roger
- 273-279 The forward premium anomaly and the trend behavior of the exchange rates
by Zhou, Su
- 281-287 On production efficiency in federal systems
by Kotsogiannis, Christos & Makris, Miltiadis
- 289-293 Is technical change directed by the supply of skills?: The case of South Korea
by Serrano, Lorenzo & Timmer, Marcel P.
- 295-302 Seasonal unit root tests with seasonal mean shifts
by Harvey, David I. & Leybourne, Stephen J. & Newbold, Paul
June 2002, Volume 76, Issue 1
- 1-9 On instrumental variable estimation of semiparametric dynamic panel data models
by Baltagi, Badi H. & Li, Qi
- 11-17 Import prices and the political economy of tariffs: evidence from Germany, Japan, and the United States, 1954-1994
by Sherman, Richard
- 19-25 Student migration and institution control as screening devices
by Hilmer, Michael J.
- 27-33 Inflation and relative price variability
by Bakhshi, Hasan
- 35-45 Jackknife minimum distance estimation
by Kezdi, Gabor & Hahn, Jinyong & Solon, Gary
- 47-51 Information gatekeepers and price discrimination on the internet
by Baye, Michael R. & Morgan, John
- 53-58 Market-makers' supply and pricing of financial market liquidity
by Shen, Pu & Starr, Ross M.
- 59-64 Forecasting exchange rate volatility
by Vilasuso, Jon
- 65-71 Computing white stylized facts on comovement
by Andre, Francisco J. & Perez, Javier J. & Martin, Ricardo
- 73-76 Spatial mismatch in the labor market and racial differences in neighborhood crime
by Ihlanfeldt, Keith
- 77-84 A test for volatility spillovers
by Sola, Martin & Spagnolo, Fabio & Spagnolo, Nicola
- 85-93 Factor market linkages in a global economy
by Oslington, Paul
- 95-100 Menu costs and the long-run output-inflation trade-off
by Devereux, Michael B. & Yetman, James
- 101-107 The use of non-normal distributions in quantifying qualitative survey data on expectations
by Mitchell, James
- 109-114 The repeated lake game
by Brock, William A. & de Zeeuw, Aart
- 115-120 Capacity constraint and changing seasonality over business cycles: evidence from plant-level production data
by Tomiura, Eiichi
- 121-127 Money and external habit persistence: A tale for chaos
by Auray, Stephane & Collard, Fabrice & Feve, Patrick
- 129-135 Optimal contributions to flexible spending accounts
by Bhattacharya, Jayanta & Schoenbaum, Michael & Sood, Neeraj
- 137-144 Distributional aspects of the quality change bias in the CPI: evidence from Spain
by Ruiz-Castillo, Javier & Ley, Eduardo & Izquierdo, Mario
- 145-150 Are interest rate regressions evidence for a Taylor rule?
by Minford, Patrick & Perugini, Francesco & Srinivasan, Naveen
May 2002, Volume 75, Issue 3
- 289-292 The non-parametric identification of lagged duration dependence
by Frijters, Paul
- 293-301 Inflation and output growth uncertainty and their relationship with inflation and output growth
by Fountas, Stilianos & Karanasos, Menelaos & Kim, Jinki
- 303-307 Religion and human capital
by Sander, William
- 309-317 The impact of ownership changes and age effects on plant exits in UK manufacturing, 1974-1995
by Harris, R. I. D. & Hassaszadeh, P.
- 319-324 Optimal demogrants with imperfect tagging
by Salanie, Bernard
- 325-331 Discontinuities of weak instrument limiting distributions
by Hahn, Jinyong & Kuersteiner, Guido
- 333-339 Stochastic dominance in mobility analysis
by Fields, Gary S. & Leary, Jesse B. & Ok, Efe A.
- 341-345 Robust inferences from random clustered samples: an application using data from the panel study of income dynamics
by Pepper, John V.
- 347-353 An exact invariant variance ratio test
by Shively, Philip A.
- 355-360 A theoretical foundation of the Porter hypothesis
by Ambec, Stefan & Barla, Philippe
- 361-367 Strategic sharing in regulatory regimes
by Weisman, Dennis L.
- 369-375 Consumption and saving with habit formation and durability
by Smith, William T.
- 377-382 John Nash and the analysis of strategic behavior
by Crawford, Vincent P.
- 383-389 Did state bank branching deregulation produce large growth effects?
by Freeman, Donald G.
- 391-403 Long-run growth effects of taxation in a non-scale growth model with innovation
by Zeng, Jinli & Zhang, Jie
- 405-408 A simple result for the revenue in share auctions
by Wambach, Achim
- 409-413 Another characterization of the majority rule
by Asan, Goksel & Sanver, M. Remzi
- 415-418 Efficient GMM estimation of weak AR processes
by West, Kenneth D.
- 419-424 Identifying the sign of the slope of a monotonic function via OLS
by Inoue, Atsushi
April 2002, Volume 75, Issue 2
- 147-156 The stock return-inflation puzzle revisited
by Gallagher, Liam A. & Taylor, Mark P.
- 157-164 Testing the long-run structural validity of the monetary exchange rate model
by Abbott, Andrew & De Vita, Glauco
- 165-170 Does trade integration cause convergence?
by Hughes Hallett, A. & Piscitelli, Laura
- 171-178 The virtue of being underestimated: a note on discriminatory contracts in hidden information models
by Schnedler, Wendelin
- 179-185 Inconsistency of naive GMM estimation for QR models with endogenous regressors
by Lucchetti, Riccardo