Investment decisions under hidden competition
We present a model adequate for investment decisions in duopolies under total hidden competition. In this competitive context all potential entrants remain unrevealed until they decide to move into the market. The value-functions and the optimal entry thresholds are derived.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bouis, Romain & Huisman, Kuno J.M. & Kort, Peter M., 2009.
"Investment in oligopoly under uncertainty: The accordion effect,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 320-331, March.
- Bouis, Romain & Huisman, Kuno & Kort, Peter M., 2009. "Investment in oligopoly under uncertainty: The accordion effect," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/12655, Paris Dauphine University.
- Bouis, R. & Huisman, K.J.M. & Kort, P.M., 2006. "Investment in Oligopoly under Uncertainty : The Accordion Effect," Discussion Paper 2006-69, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521293853 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:dgr:kubcen:200669 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:121:y:2013:i:2:p:228-231. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.