Locally adjusted LM test for spatial dependence in fixed effects panel data models
Lee and Yu (2010) propose spatial panel data models with one-way and two-way fixed effects. Debarsy and Ertur (2010) construct LM (Lagrange multiplier) and LR (likelihood ratio) tests in the one-way fixed effects model. He and Lin (2012) derive LM tests in the two-way fixed effects model. To guard against possible local misspecification, in this paper we apply Bera and Yoon (1993) principle, and construct locally adjusted (robust) LM tests for spatial dependence in both one-way and two-way fixed effects models. Monte Carlo experiment is carried out to show the advantage of using robust LM tests over the corresponding marginal and conditional versions.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Badi H. Baltagi & Peter Egger & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2013.
"A Generalized Spatial Panel Data Model with Random Effects,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(5-6), pages 650-685, August.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Peter Egger & Michael Pfafermayr, 2009. "A Generalized Spatial Panel Data Model with Random Effects," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 113, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Peter Egger & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2012. "A Generalized Spatial Panel Data Model with Random Effects," CESifo Working Paper Series 3930, CESifo Group Munich.
- Debarsy, Nicolas & Ertur, Cem, 2010. "Testing for spatial autocorrelation in a fixed effects panel data model," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 453-470, November.
- Nicolas Debarsy & Cem Ertur, 2009. "Testing for Spatial Autocorrelation in a Fixed Effects Panel Data Model," Post-Print halshs-00414133, HAL.
- Nicolas DEBARSY (CERPE De Namur) & Cem ERTUR, 2009. "Testing for Spatial Autocorrelation in a Fixed Effects Panel Data Model," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 1546, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Qu, Xi & Lee, Lung-fei, 2012. "LM tests for spatial correlation in spatial models with limited dependent variables," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 430-445.
- Lee, Lung-fei & Yu, Jihai, 2010. "Estimation of spatial autoregressive panel data models with fixed effects," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 154(2), pages 165-185, February.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Song, Seuck Heun & Koh, Won, 2003. "Testing panel data regression models with spatial error correlation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 123-150, November.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Seuck Heun Song & Won Koh, 2002. "Testing Panel Data Regression Models with Spatial Error Correlation," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 B6-4, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Liu, Long, 2008. "Testing for random effects and spatial lag dependence in panel data models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(18), pages 3304-3306, December.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Long Liu, 2008. "Testing for Random Effects and Spatial Lag Dependence in Panel Data Models," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 102, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Anselin, Luc & Bera, Anil K. & Florax, Raymond & Yoon, Mann J., 1996. "Simple diagnostic tests for spatial dependence," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 77-104, February.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Heun Song, Seuck & Cheol Jung, Byoung & Koh, Won, 2007. "Testing for serial correlation, spatial autocorrelation and random effects using panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 5-51, September.
- Bera, Anil K. & Yoon, Mann J., 1993. "Specification Testing with Locally Misspecified Alternatives," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(04), pages 649-658, August. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:121:y:2013:i:1:p:59-63. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.