Do exporters pay fair-wage premiums?
Egger et al. (2011) propose a structural estimation of the exporter wage premium employing a Melitz-trade model with rent sharing due to fair-wage concerns. Our alternative identification strategy, based upon voluntary payments above the agreed wage floor for employers subject to collective agreements, confirms their results.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amiti, Mary & Davis, Donald R, 2008.
"Trade, Firms, and Wages: Theory and Evidence,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6872, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Felbermayr, Gabriel & Prat, Julien & Schmerer, Hans-Jörg, 2011.
"Globalization and labor market outcomes: Wage bargaining, search frictions, and firm heterogeneity,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 39-73, January.
- Felbermayr, Gabriel & Prat, Julien & Schmerer, Hans-Jörg, 2008. "Globalization and Labor Market Outcomes: Wage Bargaining, Search Frictions, and Firm Heterogeneity," IZA Discussion Papers 3363, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Felbermayr, Gabriel & Prat, Julien & Schmerer, Hans-Jörg, 2011. "Globalization and labor market outcomes: Wage bargaining, search frictions, and firm heterogeneity," Munich Reprints in Economics 20471, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Elhanan Helpman & Oleg Itskhoki & Stephen Redding, 2008.
"Inequality and Unemployment in a Global Economy,"
NBER Working Papers
14478, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Helpman, Elhanan & Itskhoki, Oleg & Redding, Stephen J., 2009. "Inequality and Unemployment in a Global Economy," CEPR Discussion Papers 7353, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Elhanan Helpman & Oleg Itskhoki & Stephen Redding, 2009. "Inequality and Unemployment in a Global Economy," CEP Discussion Papers dp0940, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Elhanan Helpman & Oleg Itshoki & Stephen Redding, 2009. "Inequality and unemployment in a global economy," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 25501, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bernard, Andrew B. & Bradford Jensen, J., 1999.
"Exceptional exporter performance: cause, effect, or both?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Andrew B. Bernard & J. Bradford Jensen, 1997. "Exceptional Exporter Performance: Cause, Effect, or Both?," NBER Working Papers 6272, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernard, A., 1997. "Exceptional Exporter Performance: Cause, Effect, or Both?," Working papers 97-21, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Egger, Hartmut & Egger, Peter & Kreickemeier, Udo, 2011.
"Trade, Wages, and Profits,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8727, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hartmut Egger & Peter Egger & Udo Kreickemeier, 2012. "Trade, Wages, and Profits," CESifo Working Paper Series 3911, CESifo Group Munich.
- Egger, Hartmut & Egger, Peter & Kreickemeier, Udo, 2011. "Trade, wages, and profits," University of Tuebingen Working Papers in Economics and Finance 23, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Udo Kreickemeier & Peter Egger & Hartmut Egger, 2012. "Trade, Wages, and Profits," 2012 Meeting Papers 188, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Gabriele Fischer & Florian Janik & Dana Müller & Alexandra Schmucker, 2009. "European Data Watch: The IAB Establishment Panel - Things Users Should Know," Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 129(1), pages 133-148.
- Schank, Thorsten & Schnabel, Claus & Wagner, Joachim, 2007.
"Do exporters really pay higher wages? First evidence from German linked employer-employee data,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 52-74, May.
- Thorsten Schank & Claus Schnabel & Joachim Wagner, 2006. "Do exporters really pay higher wages? First evidence from German linked employer-employee data," Working Paper Series in Economics 28, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Donald R. Davis & James Harrigan, 2007.
"Good jobs, bad jobs, and trade liberalization,"
0607-07, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Michael W. Klein & Christoph Moser & Dieter M. Urban, 2010. "The Contribution of Trade to Wage Inequality: The Role of Skill, Gender, and Nationality," NBER Working Papers 15985, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hartmut Egger & Udo Kreickemeier, 2007.
"Firm Heterogeneity and the Labour Market Effects of Trade Liberalisation,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2000, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hartmut Egger & Udo Kreickemeier, 2009. "Firm Heterogeneity And The Labor Market Effects Of Trade Liberalization," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 50(1), pages 187-216, 02.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:121:y:2013:i:2:p:179-182. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.