Competition, timing of entry and welfare in a preemption game
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Simon, Leo K & Stinchcombe, Maxwell B, 1989.
"Extensive Form Games in Continuous Time: Pure Strategies,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(5), pages 1171-1214, September.
- Leo K. Simon and Maxwell B. Stinchcombe., 1987. "Extensive Form Games in Continuous Time: Pure Strategies," Economics Working Papers 8746, University of California at Berkeley.
- Simon, Leo K. & Stinchcombe, Maxwell B., 1987. "Extensive From Games in Continuous Time: Pure Strategies," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt03x115sh, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1987. "R&D Rivalry with Licensing or Imitation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 402-420, June.
- Drew Fudenberg & Jean Tirole, 1985. "Preemption and Rent Equalization in the Adoption of New Technology," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(3), pages 383-401.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Michael D. Whinston, 1986. "Free Entry and Social Inefficiency," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(1), pages 48-58, Spring.
- Rossella Argenziano & Philipp Schmidt-Dengler, 2014.
"Clustering In N-Player Preemption Games,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 368-396, 04.
- Argenziano, Rossella & Schmidt-Dengler, Philipp, 2013. "Clustering in N-Player Preemption Games," Economics Discussion Papers 9009, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Mills, David E, 1991. "Untimely Entry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(6), pages 659-670, December.
- Corchón, Luis C., 2008. "Welfare losses under Cournot competition," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 1120-1131, September.
- Argenziano, Rossella & Schmidt-Dengler, Philipp, 2012. "Inefficient entry order in preemption games," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(6), pages 445-460. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giulia Pavan & Andrea Pozzi & Gabriele Rovigatti, 2017.
"Strategic Entry and Potential Competition - Evidence from Compressed Gas Fuel Retail,"
EIEF Working Papers Series
1709, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Jun 2017.
- Pavan, Giulia & Pozzi, Andrea & Rovigatti, Gabriele, 2017. "Strategic Entry and Potential Competition: Evidence from Compressed Gas Fuel Retail," CEPR Discussion Papers 12113, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Smirnov, Vladimir & Wait, Andrew, 2015. "Innovation in a generalized timing game," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 23-33.
More about this item
KeywordsTiming games; Preemption; Dynamic entry;
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:120:y:2013:i:3:p:509-512. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .