Antitrust versus industrial policies, entry and welfare
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Guy Meunier & Jean-Pierre Ponssard & Francisco Ruiz-Alizeda, 2015. "Antitrust Versus Industrial Policies, Entry And Welfare," Working Papers hal-01117091, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mason, Robin & Weeds, Helen, 2013. "Merger policy, entry, and entrepreneurship," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 23-38.
- Drew Fudenberg & Jean Tirole, 1991. "Game Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262061414, January.
- Farrell, Joseph & Shapiro, Carl, 1990.
"Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 107-126, March.
- Farrell, J. & Shapiro, C., 1988. "Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis," Papers 17, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Farrell, Joseph & Shapiro, Carl, 1988. "Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt0tp305nx, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Joseph Farrell and Carl Shapiro., 1988. "Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis," Economics Working Papers 8880, University of California at Berkeley.
- Cabral, Luis M. B., 2004. "Simultaneous entry and welfare," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(5), pages 943-957, October.
- Ilya Segal & Michael D. Whinston, 2007. "Antitrust in Innovative Industries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(5), pages 1703-1730, December.
- Hector Perez-Saiz, 2015. "Building new plants or entering by acquisition? Firm heterogeneity and entry barriers in the U.S. cement industry," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 46(3), pages 625-649, September.
- Levin, Dan & Peck, James, 2003. " To Grab for the Market or to Bide One's Time: A Dynamic Model of Entry," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 34(3), pages 536-556, Autumn.
- Drew Fudenberg & Jean Tirole, 1985. "Preemption and Rent Equalization in the Adoption of New Technology," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(3), pages 383-401.
- Stephen P. Ryan, 2012.
"The Costs of Environmental Regulation in a Concentrated Industry,"
Econometric Society, vol. 80(3), pages 1019-1061, May.
- Stephen Ryan, 2005. "The Costs of Environmental Regulation in a Concentrated Industry," Working Papers 0510, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Stephen Ryan, 2006. "The Costs of Environmental Regulation in a Concentrated Industry," 2006 Meeting Papers 9, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Meredith Fowlie & Mar Reguant & Stephen P. Ryan, 2016.
"Market-Based Emissions Regulation and Industry Dynamics,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 124(1), pages 249-302.
- Meredith Fowlie & Mar Reguant & Stephen P. Ryan, 2012. "Market-Based Emissions Regulation and Industry Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 18645, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua S. Gans & Lars Persson, 2013.
"Entrepreneurial commercialization choices and the interaction between IPR and competition policy,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 131-151, February.
- Gans, Joshua S. & Persson, Lars, 2012. "Entrepreneurial Commercialization Choices and the Interaction between IPR and Competition Policy," Working Paper Series 895, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Gans , Joshua & Persson, Lars, 2013. "Entrepreneurial Commercialization Choices and the Interaction between IPR and Competition Policy," Working Papers 2012:16, Swedish Entrepreneurship Forum.
- Richard Ericson & Ariel Pakes, 1995. "Markov-Perfect Industry Dynamics: A Framework for Empirical Work," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(1), pages 53-82.
- Rossella Argenziano & Philipp Schmidt-Dengler, 2014.
"Clustering In N-Player Preemption Games,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 368-396, 04.
- Argenziano, Rossella & Schmidt-Dengler, Philipp, 2013. "Clustering in N-Player Preemption Games," Economics Discussion Papers 9009, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- repec:esx:essedp:741 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:reg:rpubli:443 is not listed on IDEAS
- Qiaowei Shen & J. Miguel Villas-Boas, 2010. "Strategic Entry Before Demand Takes Off," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(8), pages 1259-1271, August.
- Kenneth E. Train, 1991. "Optimal Regulation: The Economic Theory of Natural Monopoly," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200848, January.
- Gautam Gowrisankaran, 1999. "A Dynamic Model of Endogenous Horizonal Mergers," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 30(1), pages 56-83, Spring. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
More about this item
Keywordsentry; industry dynamic; antitrust policy; divestiture;
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L4 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies
- L5 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2015-03-13 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CTA-2015-03-13 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-IND-2015-03-13 (Industrial Organization)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ali:wpaper:2015-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Repec ALISS). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/corelfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.