March 1999, Volume 62, Issue 3
February 1999, Volume 62, Issue 2
- 147-154 Remarks on the economic interpretation of Hopf bifurcations
by Kind, Christoph
- 155-159 The power of tests for non-linearity: the case of Granger-Lee asymmetry
by Cook, Steven & Holly, Sean & Turner, Paul
- 161-165 A simple nonlinear time series model with misleading linear properties
by Granger, Clive W. J. & Terasvirta, Timo
- 167-174 The accuracy of the higher order bias approximation for the 2SLS estimator
by Hadri, Kaddour & Phillips, Garry D. A.
- 175-180 Nonlinear deterministic forecasting of daily Peseta-Dollar exchange rate
by Soofi, Abdol S. & Cao, Liangyue
- 181-188 The outside option, threat point, and Nash bargaining solution
by Chiu, Y. Stephen & Rachel Yang, B.
- 189-195 The role of unions in hiring procedures for job markets
by Alcalde, Jose & Revilla, Pablo
- 197-200 The generalised beta as a model for the distribution of earnings
by Parker, Simon C.
- 201-206 An oligarchy theorem in fixed agenda without Pareto conditions
by Peris, Josep E. & Sanchez, M. Carmen
- 207-212 Uncertain lifetime, risk aversion and intertemporal substitution
by Moresi, Serge
- 213-216 Negative nominal interest rates and the liquidity premium
by Redding, Lee S.
- 217-222 Progressive income taxation and the underground economy
by Trandel, Greg & Snow, Arthur
- 223-227 Vouchers as a way to finance unemployment benefits
by Botman, Dennis
- 229-235 Budget effects of health care 'vouchers'
by Barros, Pedro P.
- 237-240 Estimation of sheepskin effects using the old and the new measures of educational attainment in the Current Population Survey
by Park, Jin Heum
- 241-243 Will rationing guns reduce crime?
by Bartley, William Alan
- 245-251 The two views of small firms in industry dynamics: a reconciliation
by Agarwal, Rajshree & Audretsch, David B.
- 253-260 Do husbands and wives make the same choices? Evidence from Northern Ethiopia
by Lampietti, Julian
January 1999, Volume 62, Issue 1
- 1-6 Nonparametric estimation of nonlinear rational expectation models
by Anatolyev, Stanislav
- 7-12 Dealing with the common econometric problems of count data with excess zeros, endogenous treatment effects, and attrition bias
by Freund, Deborah A. & Kniesner, Thomas J. & LoSasso, Anthony T.
- 13-21 On some properties of a trade closure widely used in numerical modelling
by Bhattarai, Keshab & Ghosh, Madanmohan & Whalley, John
- 23-28 Nash implementation of the Nash bargaining solution using intuitive message spaces
by Naeve, Jorg
- 29-34 On the number of pure strategy Nash equilibria in finite common payoffs games
by Stanford, William
- 35-41 Strategic behavior in public good games: when partners drift apart
by Sonnemans, Joep & Schram, Arthur & Offerman, Theo
- 43-52 Pricing differentiated products with indifferent consumers
by Santore, Rudy
- 53-58 Is mean-variance analysis applicable to hedge funds?
by Fung, William & Hsieh, David A.
- 59-61 Optimal annual contributions to flexible spending accounts: a rule-of-thumb
by Cuddington, John T.
- 63-67 The inflation and output variability tradeoff: evidence from a Garch model
by Lee, Jim
- 69-74 Liquidation risks in the Rotemberg-Saloner implicit collusion model
by Bagliano, Fabio C. & Dalmazzo, Alberto
- 75-80 Incomplete observation, filtering, and the home bias puzzle
by Ueda, Michiko
- 81-83 Interest rate, speculative attacks and target zones
by Pansard, Fabrice
- 85-90 Capital taxation and production efficiency in an open economy
by Eggert, Wolfgang & Haufler, Andreas
- 91-96 Evidence on risk compensation and safety behaviour
by McCarthy, Patrick & Talley, Wayne K.
- 97-103 Effort, taxation and unemployment1
by Andersen, Torben M. & Sandemann Rasmussen, Bo
- 105-112 Free entry may reduce total willingness-to-pay1
by Constantatos, Christos & Perrakis, Stylianos
- 113-119 The price and profit effects of horizontal mergers in two-dimensional spatial competition
by Braid, Ralph M.
- 121-129 Cartel stability in advertising-intensive and R&D-intensive industries
by Symeonidis, George
- 131-133 Capital mobility and growth
by Diehl, Markus & Gundlach, Erich
- 135-138 The division of labor and the extent of the market
by Swanson, Charles E.
- 139-145 Voracity and growth in discrete time
by Tornell, Aaron
December 1998, Volume 61, Issue 3
- 269-272 Fractional integration and the augmented Dickey-Fuller Test
by Kramer, Walter
- 273-278 Forecasting exchange rate volatility using conditional variance models selected by information criteria
by Brooks, Chris & Burke, Simon P.
- 279-284 The measurement of inflation after tax reform
by Diewert, W. E. & Fox, Kevin J.
- 285-291 Berge's maximum theorem with two topologies on the action set
by Horsley, Anthony & Wrobel, A. J. & Van Zandt, Timothy
- 293-299 Stochastic mean values, rational expectations, and price movements
by Flam, Sjur Didrik & Horvath, Charles
- 301-306 A note on discontinuous value functions and strategies in affine-quadratic differential games
by Jensen, Henrik & Lockwood, Ben
- 307-311 Insider control and the soft budget constraint: a simple theory
by Li, David D.
- 313-319 Optimal subsidy for the poor
by Chakravarty, Satya R. & Mukherjee, Diganta
- 321-325 Optimal non-linear pricing with indirect prior beliefs
by Thomas, Lionel
- 327-332 Information disaggregation and incentives for non-collusive information sharing
by Novshek, William & Thoman, Lynda
- 333-337 Stochastic gradient learning in the cobweb model
by Evans, George W. & Honkapohja, S.
- 339-344 A volatility bound for endogenous business cycles: the case of even period lives with additive utility in a monetary economy
by Swanson, Charles E.
- 345-349 Distortionary effects of the optimal Hodrick-Prescott filter
by Ehlgen, Jurgen
- 351-358 Responses in output to monetary shocks and the interest rate: a rational expectations model with working capital
by Ahmed, Habib
- 359-364 Risk premia and overshooting
by Isaac, Alan G.
- 365-372 Trade policy and income inequality: new evidence
by Savvides, Andreas
- 373-379 The forward bias: is it a money tree?
by Phillips, Kerk L. & Snow, Karl
- 381-383 Underpricing and IPO proceeds: a note
by Habib, Michel A. & Ljungqvist, Alexander P.
- 385-389 Bureaucrat-managers and corporate governance: expense-preference behaviors in Japanese financial institutions
by Yamori, Nobuyoshi
- 391-393 Government education spending and human capital formation
by Lin, Shuanglin
- 395-402 Wage responsiveness of labour supply and demand in nonclearing rural markets: the case of Indian agriculture
by Kanwar, Sunil
November 1998, Volume 61, Issue 2
- 135-142 The German wage curve: evidence from the IAB employment sample
by Baltagi, Badi H. & Blien, Uwe
- 143-147 Solutions to linear rational expectations models: a compact exposition
by McCallum, Bennett T.
- 149-158 The dynamics of optimal wealth distributions with recursive utility
by Jafarey, Saqib & Park, Hyun
- 159-163 Market structure of multi-product firms under free entry
by Hanly, David & Cheung, Keith C. K.
- 165-170 Simple and clever decision rules for a model of evolution
by Sandholm, William H.
- 171-174 Good news for experimenters: subjects do not care about your welfare
by Frank, Bjorn
- 175-180 Let's make a deal
by Page, Scott E.
- 181-185 Endogenous timing in a mixed oligopoly
by Pal, Debashis
- 187-194 Monopoly and product quality: Separating or pooling menu?
by Acharyya, Rajat
- 195-201 The codetermined firm in oligopoly
by Kraft, Kornelius
- 203-208 A note on the individualistic foundations of the core in economies with asymmetric information
by Lee, Darin
- 209-214 The information content of 3-month Sterling futures
by Bhundia, Ashok J. & Chadha, Jagjit S.
- 215-219 Central bank independence and inflation: good news and bad news
by Temple, Jonathan
- 221-228 Periodically collapsing stock price bubbles: a robust test
by Taylor, Mark P. & Peel, David A.
- 229-234 Provision of public goods in a large economy
by Gradstein, Mark
- 235-242 Divide the hours and conquer the surplus: part-time workers and pay
by Skatun, John Douglas
- 243-250 Tests of labor market rigidities and the Roy Model
by Funkhouser, Edward
- 251-259 Moral hazard and limited liability: The real effects of contract bargaining
by Pitchford, Rohan
- 261-266 On the economics of vanishing
by Stark, Oded
October 1998, Volume 61, Issue 1
- 3-11 The Coase theorem is tautological, incoherent or wrong
by Usher, Dan
- 13-15 The observed choice problem in estimating the cost of policies
by Rasmusen, Eric
- 17-21 Joint application of the Dickey-Fuller and KPSS tests
by Charemza, Wojciech W. & Syczewska, Ewa M.
- 23-28 The Falstaff estimator
by Koenker, Roger & Machado, Jose A. F.
- 29-35 Bounding quantiles in sample selection models
by Lee, Myoung-jae & Melenberg, Bertrand
- 37-42 Computation of the Beveridge-Nelson decomposition for multivariate economic time series
by Arino, Miguel A. & Newbold, Paul
- 43-47 Cart before the horse? The saving-growth nexus in Mexico
by Sinha, Dipendra & Sinha, Tapen
- 49-54 Rationality testing under asymmetric loss
by Batchelor, Roy & Peel, David A.
- 55-60 Stability properties of a growth model
by Pelloni, Alessandra & Waldmann, Robert
- 61-65 Externalities and bargaining disagreement
by Chowdhury, Prabal Roy
- 67-71 Elasticities of beer demand revisited
by Gallet, Craig A. & List, John A.
- 73-77 Does aggregation hide the harmful effects of inequality on growth?
by Ravallion, Martin
- 79-84 More mixed results on boundary effects
by Humphrey, Steven J.
- 85-90 Intertemporal substitution and durable goods: long-run data
by Ogaki, Masao & Reinhart, Carmen M.
- 91-100 Factor income function and an oligopolistic Heckscher-Ohlin model of international trade
by Shimomura, Koji
- 101-109 Long-run price elasticities and the Marshall-Lerner condition revisited
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Niroomand, Farhang
- 111-114 A note on the causality between export and productivity:: an empirical re-examination
by Yamada, Hiroshi
- 115-120 Discrimination and detailed decomposition in a logit model
by Nielsen, Helena Skyt
- 121-123 R&D spillovers and information exchange
by Kultti, Klaus & Takalo, Tuomas
- 125-131 Was depression era unemployment really less in Canada than the U.S.?
by Zagorsky, Jay L.
September 1998, Volume 60, Issue 3
- 255-261 Testing for rationality: the case of discrete choice data
by Nunes, Luis C. & Cunha-e-Sa, Maria & Ducla-Soares, Maria
- 263-268 Hypothetical-actual bid calibration of a multigood auction
by List, John A. & Margolis, Michael & Shogren, Jason F.
- 269-275 Factor decomposition of cross-country income inequality, 1960-1990
by Duro, Juan Antonio & Esteban, Joan
- 277-283 Bartlett adjustments for systems of linear equations with linear restrictions
by Attfield, C. L. F.
- 285-290 Limiting efficiency of OLS vs. GLS when regressors are fractionally integrated
by Kramer, Walter & Hassler, Uwe
- 291-296 On the pooling of cross-sectional and time-series data in the presence of heteroskedasticity
by Anderson, Heather M. & Vahid, Farshid
- 297-301 Interindustry wage differentials in dummy variable models
by Zanchi, Luisa
- 303-310 The non-monotonicity of the bias and mean squared error of the two stage least squares estimators of exogenous variable coefficients
by Cheung Ip, Wai & Phillips, Garry D. A.
- 311-315 A note on some properties of the ESTAR model
by Chappell, David & Peel, David A.
- 317-320 Non-causality: The role of the omitted variables
by Triacca, Umberto
- 321-328 Specification via model selection in vector error correction models
by Gonzalo, Jesus & Pitarakis, Jean-Yves
- 329-333 Weak complementarity and production
by Huang, Ju-Chin & Kerry Smith, V.
- 335-341 Scaling the volatility of GDP growth rates
by Canning, D. & Amaral, L. A. N. & Lee, Y. & Meyer, M. & Stanley, H. E.
- 343-349 Cyclicality of markups and real wages in Korea
by Kang, Joo-Hoon & Jeong, Ugyeong & Bae, Joo-Han
- 351-355 EMS exchange rate expectations and time-varying risk premia
by Nieuwland, Frederick G. M. C. & Verschoor, Willem F. C. & C.P. Wolff, Christian
- 357-362 Arbitrage, martingales and bubbles
by Gilles, Christian & LeRoy, Stephen F.
- 363-367 Human capital depletion, human capital formation, and migration: a blessing or a "curse"?
by Stark, Oded & Helmenstein, Christian & Prskawetz, Alexia
- 369-373 Promotion careers with multiple punitive assignments
by Mori, Pier Angelo
August 1998, Volume 60, Issue 2
- 131-137 Real exchange rates under the recent float: unequivocal evidence of mean reversion
by Sarno, Lucio & Taylor, Mark P.
- 139-146 Does the method of data detrending matter? A study of the KPSS test against long memory alternatives
by Su, Jen-je
- 147-150 Testing the stationarity of interest rates using a SUR approach
by Balz, Christoph
- 151-155 A new axiomatization of the core of games with transferable utility
by Voorneveld, Mark & van den Nouweland, Anne
- 157-162 Almost all equilibria in dominant strategies are coalition - proof
by Peleg, Bezalel
- 163-166 Informational cascades with continuous action spaces
by Huck, Steffen & Oechssler, Jorg
- 167-171 Equal bequests and parental altruism: compatibility or orthogonality?
by Stark, Oded
- 173-178 Efficient egalitarian-equivalence and the core of an economy with public projects
by Hahn, Kyungdong & Gilles, Robert P.
- 179-183 Trade policy under Bertrand duopoly with integrated markets: the pure strategy equilibrium
by Collie, David R.
- 185-193 On welfare and revenue effects of indirect tax harmonization
by Lopez-Garcia, Miguel-Angel
- 195-203 An empirical analysis of term premiums using significance tests for stochastic dominance
by Fisher, Gordon & Willson, Douglas & Xu, Kuan
- 205-208 Efficiency measures and the banking structure in Europe
by Altunbas, Y. & Chakravarty, S. P.
- 209-216 Fertility, growth, and flat-rate taxation for education subsidies
by Zhang, Jie & Casagrande, Richard
- 217-221 Nonparametric estimates of the duration of welfare spells
by Welch, Shawn M.
- 223-227 One more wage curve: the case of Belgium
by Janssens, Stefan & Konings, Jozef
- 229-235 Public-private sector wage differentials in Canada: evidence from quantile regressions
by Mueller, Richard E.
- 237-242 Unknown wage offer distribution and job search duration
by Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf
- 243-250 Price and seller concentration in cement: effective oligopoly or misspecified transportation cost?
by Newmark, Craig M.
July 1998, Volume 60, Issue 1
- 1-9 Testing misspecified cointegrating relationships
by Podivinsky, Jan M.
- 11-18 Overparameterization in the seminonparametric density estimation
by Liu, Ming & Zhang, Harold H.
- 19-21 On the Granger Representation Theorem: a counter example?
by Ogaki, Masao
- 23-34 Noisy equilibrium selection in coordination games
by Carlsson, Hans & Ganslandt, Mattias
- 35-39 The strategic advantage of being less skilled
by Buchholz, Wolfgang & Nett, Lorenz & Peters, Wolfgang
- 41-48 The Nash bargaining solution for decision weight utility functions
by Houba, Harold & Tieman, Alexander F. & Brinksma, Rene
- 49-53 Does Cournot competition yield spatial agglomeration?
by Pal, Debashis
- 55-62 Fee versus royalty licensing in a Cournot duopoly model
by Wang, X. Henry
- 63-66 Monotonicity of equilibrium prices with respect to aggregate resources
by Prechac, Christophe
- 67-75 Central bank independence and output variability
by Crosby, Mark
- 77-81 A fallacy in causality research on growth and capital accumulation
by Vanhoudt, Patrick
- 83-90 Monetary policy and asymmetric response in default risk
by Kim, Jaechil & Ni, Shawn & Ratti, Ronald A.
- 91-96 A note on income velocity of money in a cash-in-advance economy with capital
by Hromcova, Jana
- 97-103 A method of detecting whether a central bank engages in the black market for foreign exchange: Evidence from Iran
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Shiva, Reza
- 105-111 Endogenizing labor-leisure choice: investment and the relative price of non-traded goods
by Hsieh, Yi-ni & Chang, Wen-ya & Lai, Ching-chong
- 113-119 Endogenous mergers and size asymmetry of merger participants
by Barros, Pedro Pita
- 121-125 Valuing mineral reserves when capacity constrains production
by Davis, Graham A. & Moore, David J.
June 1998, Volume 59, Issue 3
- 275-282 Panel data with errors-in-variables: essential and redundant orthogonality conditions in GMM-estimation
by Biorn, Erik & Klette, Tor Jakob
- 283-287 The economic determinants of the choice of an exchange rate regime: a probit analysis
by Rizzo, Jean-Marc
- 289-297 Does seasonal adjustment induce common cycles?
by Hecq, Alain
- 299-303 You play (an action) only once
by Schlag, Karl H. & Sela, Aner
- 305-308 Collusion in differentiated duopolies revisited
by Albaek, Svend & Lambertini, Luca
- 309-315 The symmetric problem in the linear almost ideal demand system
by Chen, Kevin Z.
- 317-321 The probability of a Condorcet winner with a small number of voters
by Gehrlein, William V.
- 323-329 A choice-rule formulation of intransitive utility theory
by Butler, David J.
- 331-335 On the monotonicity of balanced budget multiplier under imperfect competition
by Torregrosa, Ramon J.
- 337-345 Indeterminacy and sunspots in a monetary economy with limited participation
by Guo, Jang-Ting
- 347-351 Evolution of the external account under international capital market frictions
by Lane, Philip R.
- 353-360 The slope of the yield curve and real economic activity: tracing the transmission mechanism
by Peel, David A. & Taylor, Mark P.
- 361-366 Can standards immiserize?
by Dehejia, Vivek H.
- 367-372 Expectation revisions and jumps in asset prices
by Dewachter, Hans & Veestraeten, Dirk
- 373-379 On the importance of public choice in migration models
by Goodspeed, Timothy J.
- 381-384 A note on social accounting and unemployment
by Aronsson, Thomas
- 385-390 Poverty, economic growth, and average exit time
by Morduch, Jonathan
- 391-395 Identification of the oligopoly solution concept in a differentiated-products industry
by Nevo, Aviv
- 397-401 On the relative advantage of cooperatives
by Albaek, Svend & Schultz, Christian
May 1998, Volume 59, Issue 2
- 145-151 Quota games and stability set of order d
by Martin, M.
- 153-156 Consistent standard errors for semiparametric duration models with unobserved heterogeneity
by Bearse, Peter & Canals, Jose & Rilstone, Paul
- 157-162 Statistical inference with mobility indices
by Schluter, Christian
- 163-168 Filtered least squares and measurement error
by Blake, Andrew P. & Camba-Mendez, Gonzalo
- 169-174 Efficient estimation with grouped data
by So Im, Kyung
- 175-182 Testing for a unit root in variables with a double change in the mean
by Clemente, Jesus & Montanes, Antonio & Reyes, Marcelo
- 183-187 A Wald test of restrictions on the cointegrating space based on Johansen's estimator
by Davidson, James
- 189-194 Understanding the disparity between WTP and WTA: endowment effect, substitutability, or imprecise preferences?
by Morrison, Gwendolyn C.
- 195-199 Produced input use per unit of output
by Steedman, Ian
- 201-205 Correlation of seasonal variation and nonseasonal variation of production at the establishment level
by Tomiura, Eiichi
- 207-212 Local risk aversion in the rank dependent expected utility model: First order versus second order effects
by Courtault, Jean-Michel & Gayant, Jean-Pascal
- 213-216 Indeterminacy, dynamic adjustment costs, and cycles
by Wen, Yi
- 217-221 A long-run estimator of the slope of the aggregate demand curve
by Fregert, Klas
- 223-230 Are Pick data on parallel exchange rates misleading?
by Lopez-Calix, Jose R.
- 231-235 Growth effects of anticipated trade liberalization and the Baldwin multiplier
by Willenbockel, Dirk
- 237-242 International capital mobility in OECD countries: The Feldstein-Horioka 'puzzle' revisited
by Hussein, Khaled A.
- 243-248 A qualitative threshold model of daily exchange rate movements
by Siddiqui, Sikandar
- 249-254 Optimization of technical trading strategies and the profitability in security markets
by Gencay, Ramazan
- 255-261 The effect of regulatory legislation on workers' earnings
by Robst, John & Turcotte, Leo
- 263-268 An efficiency wage model for small firms: firm size and wages
by Ringuede, Sebastien
- 269-273 A household level environmental Kuznets curve
by Kahn, Matthew E.
April 1998, Volume 59, Issue 1
- 1-5 Bootstrap-based critical values for tests of common factor restrictions
by Godfrey, L. G. & Veall, M. R.
- 7-15 On the sensitivity of unit root inference to nonlinear data transformations
by Franses, Philip Hans & Koop, Gary
- 17-22 Effects of skewness and kurtosis on model selection criteria
by Baci, Sidika & Zaman, Asad
- 23-29 Submodel estimation of a structural vector error correction model under cointegration
by Horrace, William C.