1996, Volume 50, Issue 2
- 169-173 Correlation theory of spuriously related higher order integrated processes
by Marmol, Francesc
- 175-178 Spurious number of breaks
by Nunes, Luis C. & Newbold, Paul & Chung-Ming Kuan
- 179-187 Diagnostic test for structural change in cointegrated regression models
by Kang Hao & Inder, Brett
- 189-192 Testing for random individual and time effects using a Gauss-Newton regression
by Baltagi, Badi H.
- 193-195 An enlarged definition of cointegration
by Flores, Renato Jr. & Szafarz, Ariane
- 197-203 Modeling the changing asymmetry of conditional variances
by Fornari, Fabio & Mele, Antonio
- 205-212 Testing stationarity for stock market data
by Dehay, Dominique & Leskow, Jacek
- 213-221 Efficiency of dynamic quantity competition: A remark on Markovian equilibria
by Lahmandi-Ayed, Rim & Ponssard, Jean-Pierre & Sevy, David
- 223-227 A collective tournament
by Dragon, Robert & Garvey, Gerald T. & Turnbull, Geoffrey K.
- 229-236 Does uncertainty influence the number of firms in an industry?
by Ghosal, Vivek
- 237-242 The contestable outcome as a Bertrand equilibrium
by Chaudhuri, Prabal Ray
- 243-249 A stable and consistent solution to distribution problems
by Iturbe-Ormaetxe, Inigo & Vazquez, Jorge Nieto
- 251-258 Voting over flat taxes in an endowment economy
by Gouveia, Miguel & Oliver, David
- 259-263 Bunching in the production process
by Bivin, David G.
- 265-269 Minimal returns and the breakdown of the price-volume relation
by Balduzzi, Pierluigi & Kallal, Hedi & Longin, Francois
- 271-278 An incentive scheme of a non-linear price schedule for regulating a monopolist with unknown cost
by Lee, Sang-Kyu & Kim, Jae-Cheol
- 279-283 Historical note on height and parental consumption decisions
by Schneider, Ryan
- 285-290 The other side of conditional convergence
by Cho, Dongchul & Graham, Stephen
- 291-297 Note on economic geography
by Yang, Joon-Mo
1996, Volume 50, Issue 1
- 1-5 Seller surplus in first price auctions
by Simmons, P.
- 7-11 Panel unit root tests and real exchange rates
by MacDonald, Ronald
- 13-17 A general condition for an optimal limiting efficiency of OLS in the general linear regression model
by Kramer, Walter & Baltagi, Badi
- 19-24 Fractional integration, trend stationarity and difference stationarity Evidence from some U.K. macroeconomic time series
by Chambers, Marcus J.
- 25-31 Spurious regressions when stationary regressors are included
by Hassler, Uwe
- 33-39 Testing the consistency of nested logit models with utility maximization
by Herriges, Joseph A. & Kling, Catherine L.
- 41-49 Portmanteau tests of randomness and Jenkins' variance-stabilizing transformation
by Kwan, Andy C. C. & Sim, Ah-Boon
- 51-55 Testing for complementarities in reduced-form regressions: A note
by Arora, Ashish
- 57-63 The nested logit model and representative consumer theory
by Verboven, Frank
- 65-70 Productivity and intermediate products: A frontier approach
by Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna
- 71-77 Rent appropriation and sustained growth
by Robinson, James A.
- 79-84 An optional permit system for global pollution control
by Lee, Sang-Ho
- 85-90 Horizontal equity and stability when the number of agents is variable in the fair division problem
by Maniquet, Francois
- 91-97 Population monotonicity in a general model with indivisible goods
by Bevia, Carmen
- 99-104 Social choice trade-offs for an arbitrary measure: With application to uncertain or fuzzy agenda
by Campbell, Donald E. & Kelly, Jerry S.
- 105-110 Gambling with the house money in capital expenditure decisions: An experimental analysis
by Keasey, Kevin & Moon, Philip
- 111-120 Saving behavior of older households: Rate-of-return, precautionary and inheritance effects
by Jianakoplos, Nancy A. & Menchik, Paul L. & Irvine, F. Owen
- 121-126 The term structure of interest rates and regime shifts: Some empirical results
by Kugler, Peter
- 127-134 Exchange rate returns, 'news', and risk premia
by Koedijk, Kees G. & Wolff, Christian C. P.
- 135-142 Returns to scale in a matching model of the labor market
by Warren, Ronald Jr.
1995, Volume 49, Issue 4
- 335-343 A unified framework for implementation and the revelation principle
by Shuhe Li
- 345-349 Vector attenuation bias in the classical errors-in-variables model
by Nelson, Daniel B.
- 351-357 Partial parameter consistency in a misspecified structural change model
by Tai-leung Chong, Terence
- 359-366 Maximum likelihood estimation in binary data models using panel data under alternative distributional assumptions
by Orme, Chris D. & Fry, Tim R. L.
- 367-372 Moving average conditional heteroskedastic processes
by Yang, Minxian & Bewley, Ronald
- 373-379 The stochastic approach to price index numbers: An expository note
by Ogwang, Tomson
- 381-389 The persistence in volatility of the US term premium 1970-1986
by Tzavalis, Elias & Wickens, M. R.
- 391-395 Limitations of dominance and forward induction: Experimental evidence
by Brandts, Jordi & Holt, Charles A.
- 397-402 Conjectural variations as a reduced form
by Cabral, Luis M. B.
- 403-406 A characterization of demand functions that satisfy the weak axiom of revealed preference
by Zhou, Lin
- 407-413 Did the middle class shrink during the 1980s? UK evidence from kernel density estimates
by Jenkins, Stephen P.
- 415-423 I(2) representations of US money demand
by Norrbin, Stefan C. & Reffett, Kevin L.
- 425-427 Optimal denominations for coins and currency
by Telser, L. G.
- 429-433 Endogenous learning and trade policy
by Sturzenegger, Federico
- 435-440 Further implications of the reversion level in agenda-setter models
by Wills, Douglas T.
- 441-445 Altruism, household size and migration
by Tcha, MoonJoong
- 447-452 An empirical note on employed and unemployed job search
by van Ours, Jan C.
- 453-457 Zipf plots and the size distribution of firms
by Stanley, Michael H. R. & Buldyrev, Sergey V. & Havlin, Shlomo & Mantegna, Rosario N. & Salinger, Michael A. & Eugene Stanley, H.
- 459-464 Stackelberg equilibrium in oligopoly: An explanation based on managerial incentives
by Basu, Kaushik
1995, Volume 49, Issue 3
- 223-230 On measuring the value of life
by Ford, J. L. & Pattanaik, Prasanta K. & Wei, Xiangdong
- 231-237 The dynamic effects of aggregate demand and supply disturbances: Another look
by Crowder, William J.
- 239-245 Simulated conditional moment tests
by Orme, Chris
- 247-250 Misinterpreting the dynamic effects of aggregate demand and supply disturbances
by Quah, Danny
- 251-259 The non-existence of pairwise-proof equilibrium
by McAfee, R. Preston & Schwartz, Marius
- 261-266 An infinitely repeated rental model with incomplete information
by Ma, Jinpeng
- 267-272 Pareto-superior time-of-use rate option for industrial firms
by Chi-Keung Woo & Orans, Ren & Horii, Brian & Peter Chow
- 273-279 On the optimality of Treasury Bill auctions
by Menezes, Flavio M.
- 281-285 Does non-traded input necessarily deepen the international non-diversification puzzle I?: The one-good case
by Charles Ka Yui Leung
- 287-293 Long-term and short-term price memory in the stock market
by Victor Chow, K. & Denning, Karen C. & Ferris, Stephen & Noronha, Gregory
- 295-300 Finite-sample inferences about mean-standard deviation bounds for stochastic discount factors
by Gordon, Stephen & Samson, Lucie & Carmichael, Benoit
- 301-306 The firm-size relation and stock market responses to post-1962 changes in Federal Reserve margin levels: Evidence from an exhaustive sample of exchange-listed firms
by Moore, Norman H. & Pruitt, Stephen W.
- 307-312 Does unfunded social security also depress output growth?
by Zhang, Junxi
- 313-317 Survey evidence on employer match rates and employee saving behavior in 401(k) plans
by Papke, Leslie E. & Poterba, James M.
- 319-322 Uncertain innovation and persistence of monopoly revisited
by Yi, Sang-Seung
- 323-328 Testing efficiency in intermediate regulated industries
by Lynk, E. L.
- 329-334 Unit roots and cointegration in estimating causality between exports and economic growth: Empirical evidence from the ASEAN countries
by Ahmad, Jaleel & Harnhirun, Somchai
1995, Volume 49, Issue 2
- 109-112 The functional equivalence of the W, LR, and LM statistics
by Stewart, Kenneth G.
- 113-120 Improved test statistics for multivariate regression
by Cribari-Neto, Francisco & Zarkos, Spyros
- 121-124 Testing for cointegration: Power versus frequency of observation -- another view
by Lahiri, Kajal & Mamingi, Nlandu
- 125-130 Unit root tests with level shift in the presence of GARCH
by Hecq, Alain
- 131-136 Sampling frequency and the power of tests for a unit root: A simulation study
by In Choi & Bhum Suk Chung
- 137-145 A note on the critical values for the maximum likelihood (seasonal) cointegration tests
by Lee, Hahn S. & Siklos, Pierre L.
- 157-161 Disequilibrium and uncertainty in cointegrated systems: Some empirical evidence
by Lee, Tae-Hwy
- 163-170 Cross-game learning: Experimental evidence from first-price and English common value auctions
by Kagel, John H.
- 171-174 The value to a firm of its rival learning
by Creane, Anthony
- 175-179 The Green Golden Rule
by Chichilnisky, Graciela & Heal, Geoffrey & Beltratti, Andrea
- 181-185 Currency swaps and long-term covered interest parity
by Takezawa, Nobuya
- 187-192 Biased tax price or grant expenditure elasticities
by Turnbull, Geoffrey K.
- 193-196 Do men with higher wages marry earlier or later?
by Zhang, Junsen
- 197-203 Team production effects on earnings
by Idson, Todd L.
- 205-210 Unemployment insurance and moral hazard in employment
by Christofides, Louis N. & McKenna, C. J.
- 211-215 Can convergence regressions distinguish between exogenous and endogenous growth models?
by Kocherlakota, Narayana R. & Yi, Kei-Mu
- 217-220 The dual political economy of taxes and tradable permits
by Farrow, Scott
- 221-221 Capital gains and asset switching (Economics Letters, vol. 47, no. 1, 1995, pp. 63-67)
by Hartwick, John M.
1995, Volume 49, Issue 1
- 1-6 A semi-parametric non-nested test in a dynamic panel data model
by Li, Qi & Stengos, Thanasis
- 7-11 Consecutive amalgamations and an axiomatization of the Shapley value
by Haviv, Moshe
- 13-17 Evolutionary selection of beliefs
by Gans, Joshua S.
- 19-25 Possible convexity of the indirect utility function due to nonlinear budget constraints
by Bordley, Robert F.
- 27-31 Non-linearities and partial analysis
by Currie, Martin & Kubin, Ingrid
- 33-38 The relative rigidity of oligopoly pricing
by Fisher, Timothy C. G. & Konieczny, Jerzy D.
- 39-43 Gross substitution in financial markets
by Hens, Thorsten & Loeffler, Andras
- 45-50 A note on strategyproofness in Edgeworth-Box economies
by Sprumont, Yves
- 51-58 A note on risk aversion and learning behavior
by Alepuz, D. & Urbano, A.
- 59-67 Of empty boxes: Returns to scale revisited
by Bartelsman, Eric J.
- 69-75 The effects of fiscal policies in a general equilibrium model with nominal wage contracts
by Cardia, Emanuela
- 77-83 Systematic risk over various frequency bands: An empirical analysis of returns on size-ranked portfolios
by Lee, Kiseok & Ni, Shawn
- 85-90 Search costs and the quit rate
by Kim, Dong-Heon
- 91-94 Utility maximization in models of discrete choice
by Peitz, Martin
- 95-99 Oligopolistic incentives for pollution control with nonzero conjectures
by Lee, Sang-Ho & Kim, Jae-Cheol
- 101-108 Patents and productivity growth at the industry level: A first look
by Lach, Saul
1995, Volume 48, Issue 3-4
- 221-228 A note on the distribution of the least squares estimator of a random walk with drift: Some analytical evidence
by Haldrup, Niels & Hylleberg, Svend
- 229-234 Comparing cointegrating regression estimators: Some additional Monte Carlo results
by Montalvo, Jose G.
- 235-240 A simple test for the consistency of dynamic linear regression in rational distributed lag models
by McClain, Katherine T. & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M.
- 241-248 Testing for periodic integration
by Peter Boswijk, H. & Franses, Philip Hans
- 249-256 Spurious deterministic seasonality
by Franses, Philip Hans & Hylleberg, Svend & Lee, Hahn S.
- 257-265 The two-variable CES transaction function in macroeconomic rationing models
by Heinesen, Eskil
- 267-272 Kuhn-Tucker conditions and linear homogeneity
by Albert, Max
- 273-280 Alternative specifications for environmental control costs in a general equilibrium framework
by Nestor, Deborah Vaughn & Pasurka, Carl Jr.
- 281-285 The deadline effect: A theoretical note
by Ponsati, Clara
- 287-292 An experimental test for gender differences in beneficent behavior
by Bolton, Gary E. & Katok, Elena
- 293-300 Comparative performance of short-run capacity utilization measures
by Lee, Jong-Kun
- 301-306 Optimal bidding in multi-unit auctions with many bidders
by Nautz, D.
- 307-311 Secondary markets in auctions with endogenous valuations
by e Cunha, Luis Campos & Santos, Vasco
- 313-317 On dynamics and the core of OG models
by Ghiglino, Christian & Tvede, Mich
- 319-324 Popular support for progressive taxation
by Marhuenda, Francisco & Ortuno-Ortin, Ignacio
- 325-330 A measure of the sensitivity of saving to interest rate uncertainty with non-expected preferences
by Langlais, Eric
- 331-336 Risk-aversion, prudence and temperance: A unified approach
by Eeckhoudt, Louis & Gollier, Christian & Schneider, Thierry
- 337-340 The invisibility hypothesis and promotion efficiency
by Perri, Timothy J.
- 341-344 Level of aggregation, variable elasticity and Wagner's law
by Bairam, Erkin I.
- 345-351 Increasing returns and cyclical international capital movements
by Velasco, Andres
- 353-359 Cointegration and the long-run forecast of exchange rates
by Kim, Benjamin J. C. & Mo, Soowon
- 361-366 The relationship between domestic savings and investment: The Feldstein-Horioka test using Japanese regional data
by Yamori, Nobuyoshi
- 367-371 Some curious properties of a familiar model of debt and default
by Eaton, Jonathan & Gersovitz, Mark
- 373-377 Flexible exchange rates and the J-curve: An alternative approach
by Demirden, Tuvana & Pastine, Ivan
- 379-388 Option values and endogenous uncertainty in ESOPs, MBOs and asset-backed loans
by Chichilnisky, G. & Heal, G. M. & Tsomocos, D. P.
- 389-397 Equity as a call option on assets: Some tests for failed banks
by Diba, Behzad & Guo, Chia-Hsiang & Schwartz, Marius
- 399-404 A note on intraday foreign exchange volatility and the informational role of quote arrivals
by Takezawa, Nobuya
- 405-410 Open market share repurchases and the free cash flow hypothesis G35
by Vafeas, Nikos & Maurice Joy, O.
- 411-417 Growth and poverty: Evidence for developing countries in the 1980s
by Ravallion, Martin
- 419-426 Cross-country differences in cyclical variations of male teenage employment
by Alba-Ramirez, Alfonso
- 427-432 Macroeconomic performance and wage setting level in symmetric non-cooperative games
by Cahuc, Pierre
- 433-439 Existence of an optimal growth path with endogenous technical change
by Chichilnisky, Graciela & Gruenwald, Paul F.
- 441-447 Probabilistically sophisticated rank dependent utility
by Nakamura, Yutaka
- 449-449 Corrigendum
by Moon, Choon-Geol
1995, Volume 48, Issue 2
- 107-112 Bootstrapping J-type tests for non-nested regression models
by Yanqin Fan & Qi Li
- 113-118 Bartlett-corrected tests for heteroskedastic linear models
by Cribari-Netoa, Francisco & Ferrari, Silvia L. P.
- 119-127 A new approximate GLS estimator for the linear regression model with ARMA(p, q) disturbances
by Choudhury, Askar H. & Power, Simon
- 129-137 Constraints in perfect-foresight models: The case of old-age savings and public pensions
by Meijdam, Lex & Verhoeven, Marijn
- 139-144 Insurance and decision-taking
by Machnes, Yaffa
- 145-154 The demand for money and non-GDP transactions
by Palley, Thomas I.
- 155-163 'Time-to-build' completion patterns for nonresidential structures, 1961-1991
by Montgomery, Michael R.
- 165-171 Euler equation tests of Ricardian equivalence
by Himarios, Daniel
- 173-177 Educated guesses and income distribution
by Charles Ka Yui Leung
- 179-184 Common trends and common cycles in international labor productivity
by Calcagnini, Giorgio
- 185-191 Internal labor markets and firm-specific determination of earnings in the presence of immigrant workers
by Zweimuller, Josef & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf
- 193-199 The interaction of explicit and implicit contracts
by Schmidt, Klaus M. & Schnitzer, Monika
- 201-206 Sharp regulatory performance with blunt instruments
by Blair, Benjamin F.
- 207-211 The length of the effect of aggregate advertising on aggregate consumption
by Seldom, Barry J. & Jung, Chulho
- 213-219 Distributional constraints on the speed of privatization
by Alexeev, Michael & Kaganovich, Michael
1995, Volume 48, Issue 1
- 1-7 An exposition of the decomposition in a Controlled Autoregressive Integrated Segmented Moving Average (CARISMA) model
by Purkayastha, D. Das
- 9-13 Solving stochastic optimization models with learning and rational expectations
by Amman, Hans M. & Kendrick, David A. & Achath, Sudhakar
- 15-20 Wage bargaining, imperfect competition and the markup: Optimizing microfoundations
by Sen, Anindya & Dutt, Amitava Krishna
- 21-24 A weak utility function for acyclic preferences
by Peris, Josep E. & Subiza, Begona
- 25-28 On Shephard's Lemma and the continuity of compensated demand functions
by Fuchs-Seliger, Susanne
- 29-32 Individual discounting and the purchase of durables with random lifetimes
by Kooreman, Peter
- 33-36 A note on the measurement of mobility
by Chakravarty, Satya R.
- 37-45 Optimal wage indexation with exchange rate uncertainty in an oligopolistic and unionized economy
by Van Gompel, Johan
- 47-53 Stock returns, inflation, and the 'proxy hypothesis': A new look at the data
by Balduzzi, Pierluigi
- 55-59 Integrated-GARCH and non-stationary variances: Evidence from European stock markets during the 1920s and 1930s
by Choudhry, Taufiq
- 61-71 Wage-employment determination and a union tax on capital: Can theory and evidence be reconciled?
by Hirsch, Barry T. & Prasad, Kislaya
- 73-76 Firm's information-sharing policy and strike incidence
by Wang, Yijiang
- 77-81 New-firm formation in Italy: A first report
by Audretsch, David & Vivarelli, Marco
- 83-89 On flexibility in oligopoly
by Ellingsen, Tore
- 91-97 The complete complementarity of consumption and real balances and the strong superneutrality of money
by Hayakawa, Hiroaki
- 99-106 Health capital and cross-country variation in income per capita in the Mankiw-Romer-Weil model
by Knowles, Stephen & Owen, P. Dorian
1995, Volume 47, Issue 3-4
- 229-235 Restrictions in labor supply estimation: Is the MaCurdy critique correct?
by Blomquist, Soren
- 237-242 Testing for unit roots in flow data sampled at different frequencies
by Ng, Serena
- 243-248 Aggregated heterogeneous dependent data and the logit model: A suggested approach
by Kelejian, Harry H.
- 249-253 Semiparametric efficiency bounds for the binary choice and sample selection models under conditional symmetry
by Xu Zheng, John
- 255-261 Response surface estimates of the KPSS stationarity test
by Sephton, Peter S.
- 263-268 Unbiased estimation as a solution to testing for random walks
by Abadir, Karim M.
- 269-274 On the possibility of stable renegotiation
by Ferreira, JoseLuis
- 275-281 Unilateral altruism may be beneficial: A game-theoretic illustration
by Singh, Nirvikar
- 283-290 On the relationship between the Frisch and Slutsky decompositions
by Chaudhuri, Anita
- 291-296 A distinction between continuous-time and discrete-time models of uncertain lifetime
by Siu Fai Leung
- 297-303 Does sunspot monetary policy matter?
by Gottardi, Piero
- 305-309 On an asymptotic property of expected utility
by Diamond, Harvey & Gelles, Gregory M.
- 311-316 Incentive contracting with hidden choices of effort and risk
by Zou, Liang
- 317-325 Time-additive representations of preferences when consumption grows without bound
by Dolmas, Jim
- 327-333 Disaggregate stochastic trends in industrial production
by Norrbin, S. C.
- 335-342 Are market perceptions of corporate layoffs changing?
by Chatrath, Arjun & Ramchander, Sanjay & Song, Frank
- 343-349 Adjustment costs and price and quantity adjustment
by Andersen, Torben M.
- 351-359 Welfare-maximizing vs. growth-maximizing shares of government investment and consumption
by Lau, Sau-Him Paul
- 361-366 Poverty trap and growth with public goods
by Abe, Naohito
- 367-370 A theory of overseas joint ventures
by Marjit, Sugata & Broll, Udo & Mallick, Indrajit
- 371-375 A new class of duration measures
by Au, Kelly T. & Thurston, David C.
- 377-384 Bootstrapping options: An application to recapture clauses
by Claessens, Stijn & Qian, Ying
- 385-388 On the optimal hedge under unbiased futures prices
by Lence, Sergio H.
- 389-392 The suboptimality of efficiency
by Quiggin, John
- 393-400 Competitive investment in higher education: The need for policy coordination
by Gradstein, Mark & Justman, Moshe
- 401-408 Ethnicity, race, and earnings
by Darity, William Jr & Guilkey, David & Winfrey, William