The payoff to school selectivity: An application of Dale and Krueger’s method to MBA programs
Many studies find a notable return to college quality. Dale and Krueger (2002, 2011) only do until they address selection bias concerns by proxying for ambition and by matching students with similar admission outcomes but different matriculation decisions. Although we employ similar methodologies to Dale and Krueger, we find substantial returns to MBA program selectivity.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Long, Mark C., 2010. "Changes in the returns to education and college quality," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 338-347, June.
- Stacy Dale & Alan B. Krueger, 2011.
"Estimating the Return to College Selectivity over the Career Using Administrative Earnings Data,"
NBER Working Papers
17159, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stacy Dale & Alan B. Krueger, 2011. "Estimating the Return to College Selectivity over the Career Using Administrative Earning Data," Working Papers 1297, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Dale, Stacy & Krueger, Alan B., 2011. "Estimating the Return to College Selectivity over the Career Using Administrative Earning Data," IZA Discussion Papers 5533, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Long, Mark C., 2008. "College quality and early adult outcomes," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 588-602, October.
- Stacy Berg Dale & Alan B. Krueger, 2002. "Estimating the Payoff to Attending a More Selective College: An Application of Selection on Observables and Unobservables," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 117(4), pages 1491-1527.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:116:y:2012:i:2:p:247-249. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.