How much should we trust the World Values Survey trust question?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zak, Paul J & Knack, Stephen, 2001. "Trust and Growth," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(470), pages 295-321, April.
- Edward L. Glaeser & David I. Laibson & José A. Scheinkman & Christine L. Soutter, 2000. "Measuring Trust," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, pages 811-846.
- La Porta, Rafael, et al, 1997. "Trust in Large Organizations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 333-338, May.
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1997. "Does Social Capital Have an Economic Payoff? A Cross-Country Investigation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1251-1288.
- Lazzarini, S. G. & Madalozzo, R. C & Artes, R. & Siqueira, J. O., 2004. "Measuring trust: An experiment in Brazil," Insper Working Papers wpe_42, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Fisman, Raymond & Khanna, Tarun, 1999. "Is trust a historical residue? Information flows and trust levels," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 79-92, January.
- Nathan Nunn & Leonard Wantchekon, 2011.
"The Slave Trade and the Origins of Mistrust in Africa,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 3221-3252.
- Nathan Nunn & Leonard Wantchekon, 2009. "The Slave Trade and the Origins of Mistrust in Africa," NBER Working Papers 14783, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nunn, Nathan & Wantchekon, Leonard, 2011. "The Slave Trade and the Origins of Mistrust in Africa," Scholarly Articles 11986331, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Luigi Guiso & Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales, 2006.
"Does Culture Affect Economic Outcomes?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 20(2), pages 23-48, Spring.
- Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales & Luigi Guiso, 2006. "Does Culture Affect Economic Outcomes?," NBER Working Papers 11999, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guiso, Luigi & Sapienza, Paola & Zingales, Luigi, 2006. "Does Culture Affect Economic Outcomes?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5505, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nava Ashraf & Iris Bohnet & Nikita Piankov, 2006. "Decomposing trust and trustworthiness," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 9(3), pages 193-208, September.
- Johnson, Noel D. & Mislin, Alexandra A., 2011. "Trust games: A meta-analysis," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 865-889.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30726298 is not listed on IDEAS
- Berg Joyce & Dickhaut John & McCabe Kevin, 1995. "Trust, Reciprocity, and Social History," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 122-142, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Engelhardt, Sebastian v. & Freytag, Andreas, 2013. "Institutions, culture, and open source," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 90-110.
- Gershman, Boris, 2016.
"Witchcraft beliefs and the erosion of social capital: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa and beyond,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 182-208.
- Boris Gershman, 2015. "Witchcraft Beliefs and the Erosion of Social Capital: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa and Beyond," Working Papers 2015-03, American University, Department of Economics.
- Ljunge, Martin, 2012. "Trust Drives Internet Use," Working Paper Series 947, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Gylfason, Haukur Freyr & Olafsdottir, Katrin, 2017. "Does Gneezy's cheap talk game measure trust?," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 143-148.
- Alan Manning & Amar Shanghavi, 2014. "'American Idol' - 65 years of Admiration," CEP Discussion Papers dp1320, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Ljunge, Martin, 2014.
"Social capital and political institutions: Evidence that democracy fosters trust,"
Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 44-49.
- Ljunge, Martin, 2013. "Social Capital and Political Institutions: Evidence that Democracy Fosters Trust," Working Paper Series 988, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- M. Niaz Asadullah, 2017.
"Who Trusts Others? Community and Individual Determinants of Social Capital in a Low-Income Country,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 41(2), pages 515-544.
- Asadullah, Niaz, 2016. "Who Trusts Others? Community and Individual Determinants of Social Capital in a Low Income Country," IZA Discussion Papers 10176, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:spr:soinre:v:133:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1378-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dominique Cappelletti & Luigi Mittone & Matteo Ploner, 2015. "Language and intergroup discrimination. Evidence from an experiment," CEEL Working Papers 1504, Cognitive and Experimental Economics Laboratory, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Martin Ljunge, 2012. "The power of beliefs: Evidence on the influence of trust on self-assessed health," Discussion Papers 12-12, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Billur Aksoy & Haley Harwell & Ada Kovaliukaite & Catherine Eckel, 2017. "Measuring Trust: A Reinvestigation," Working Papers 20170119-001, Texas A&M University, Department of Economics.
- Mikucka, Malgorzata & Sarracino, Francesco & Dubrow, Joshua K., 2017. "When Does Economic Growth Improve Life Satisfaction? Multilevel Analysis of the Roles of Social Trust and Income Inequality in 46 Countries, 1981–2012," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 447-459.
- Mikucka, Malgorzata & Sarracino, Francesco, 2014. "Making economic growth and well-being compatible: the role of trust and income inequality," MPRA Paper 59695, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christian Bjørnskov & Stefan Voigt, 2014. "Constitutional verbosity and social trust," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 161(1), pages 91-112, October.
More about this item
KeywordsTrust; Trust game; World values survey; Cross-cultural experiments;
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
- C83 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Survey Methods; Sampling Methods
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:116:y:2012:i:2:p:210-212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .