International emissions trading: Good or bad?
Using a non-cooperative climate policy game applied in the literature, we find that an agreement with international emissions trading leads to increased emissions and reduced efficiency.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cramton Peter & Stoft Steven, 2010.
"Price Is a Better Climate Commitment,"
The Economists' Voice,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-7, February.
- Peter Cramton & Steven Stoft, 2010. "Price is a Better Climate Commitment," Papers of Peter Cramton 10pbcc, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 2010.
- Odd Godal & Bjart Holtsmark, 2011. "Permit Trading: Merely an Efficiency‐Neutral Redistribution away from Climate‐Change Victims?," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 113(4), pages 784-797, December.
- Carbone, Jared C. & Helm, Carsten & Rutherford, Thomas F., 2009. "The case for international emission trade in the absence of cooperative climate policy," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 266-280, November.
- Carbone, Jared C. & Helm, Carsten & Rutherford, Thomas F., 2008. "The case for international emission trade in the absence of cooperative climate policy," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 194, Darmstadt University of Technology, Department of Law and Economics.
- MacKenzie, Ian A., 2011. "Tradable permit allocations and sequential choice," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 268-278, January.
- Finus, Michael, 2008. "Game Theoretic Research on the Design of International Environmental Agreements: Insights, Critical Remarks, and Future Challenges," International Review of Environmental and Resource Economics, now publishers, vol. 2(1), pages 29-67, June.
- Peter Cramton & Steven Stoft, 2010. "International Climate Games: From Caps to Cooperation," Papers of Peter Cramton 10icg, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 2010.
- Helm, Carsten, 2003. "International emissions trading with endogenous allowance choices," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(12), pages 2737-2747, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)