Money and output: New evidence based on wavelet coherence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marco Gallegati & Mauro Gallegati & James Bernard Ramsey & Willi Semmler, 2011. "The US Wage Phillips Curve across Frequencies and over Time," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 73(4), pages 489-508, August.
- Gallegati, Marco, 2008. "Wavelet analysis of stock returns and aggregate economic activity," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 3061-3074, February.
- Luís Aguiar-Conraria & Maria Soares, 2011. "Oil and the macroeconomy: using wavelets to analyze old issues," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 645-655, May.
- Morten O. Ravn & Zacharias Psaradakis & Martin Sola, 2005.
"Markov switching causality and the money-output relationship,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(5), pages 665-683.
- Psaradakis, Zacharias & Ravn, Morten O & Sola, Martin, 2003. "Markov Switching Causality and the Money-Output Relationship," CEPR Discussion Papers 3803, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Matthew Canzoneri & Robert Cumby & Behzad Diba & David Lãpez-Salido, 2008.
"Monetary Aggregates and Liquidity in a Neo-Wicksellian Framework,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 40(8), pages 1667-1698, December.
- Matthew Canzoneri & Robert E. Cumby & Behzad Diba & David Lopez-Salido, 2008. "Monetary Aggregates and Liquidity in a Neo-Wicksellian Framework," NBER Working Papers 14244, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matthew Canzoneri & Robert Cumby & Behzad Diba & David López-Salido, 2008. "Monetary aggregates and liquidity in a neo-Wicksellian framework," Working Paper Research 141, National Bank of Belgium.
- Canzoneri, Matthew B & Cumby, Robert & Diba, Behzad & López-Salido, J David, 2008. "Monetary Aggregates and Liquidity in a Neo-Wicksellian Framework," CEPR Discussion Papers 6813, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yogo, Motohiro, 2008. "Measuring business cycles: A wavelet analysis of economic time series," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 208-212, August.
- Gallegati Marco & Gallegati Mauro, 2007. "Wavelet Variance Analysis of Output in G-7 Countries," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 11(3), pages 1-25, September.
- Berger, Helge & Österholm, Pär, 2009. "Does money still matter for U.S. output?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 102(3), pages 143-146, March.
- Favara, Giovanni & Giordani, Paolo, 2009.
"Reconsidering the role of money for output, prices and interest rates,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 419-430, April.
- Favara, Giovanni & Giordani, Paolo, 2002. "Reconsidering the Role of Money for Output, Prices and Interest Rates," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 514, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Fabio Canova & Tobias Menz, 2011.
"Does Money Matter in Shaping Domestic Business Cycles? An International Investigation,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 43(4), pages 577-607, June.
- Canova, Fabio & Menz, Tobias, 2010. "Does money matter in shaping domestic business cycles? An international investigation," CEPR Discussion Papers 8107, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christiano, Lawrence J. & Ljungqvist, Lars, 1988. "Money does Granger-cause output in the bivariate money-output relation," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 217-235, September.
- Aguiar-Conraria, LuIÂ´s & Joana Soares, Maria, 2011. "Business cycle synchronization and the Euro: A wavelet analysis," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 477-489, September.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
- Stock, James H. & Watson, Mark W., 1989. "Interpreting the evidence on money-income causality," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 161-181, January.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1972. "Money, Income, and Causality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(4), pages 540-552, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:mes:emfitr:v:52:y:2016:i:3:p:574-588 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chang, Chun-Ping & Lee, Chien-Chiang, 2015. "Do oil spot and futures prices move together?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 379-390.
- Funashima, Yoshito, 2015. "Automatic stabilizers in the Japanese tax system," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 86-93.
- Alin Marius Andrieş & Iulian Ihnatov & Aviral Kumar Tiwari, 2016. "Comovement of Exchange Rates: A Wavelet Analysis," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(3), pages 574-588, March.
- Verona, Fabio, 2016.
"Time–frequency characterization of the U.S. financial cycle,"
Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 75-79.
- Fabio Verona, 2016. "Time-frequency characterization of the U.S. financial cycle," CEF.UP Working Papers 1605, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Verona, Fabio, 2016. "Time-frequency characterization of the U.S. financial cycle," Research Discussion Papers 14/2016, Bank of Finland.
- Jiang, Chun & Chang, Tsangyao & Li, Xiao-Lin, 2015. "Money growth and inflation in China: New evidence from a wavelet analysis," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 249-261.
- Funashima, Yoshito, 2014. "Macroeconomic policy coordination between Japanese central and local governments," MPRA Paper 59821, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Torben Klarl, 2016. "The nexus between housing and GDP re-visited: A wavelet coherence view on housing and GDP for the U.S," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(2), pages 704-720.
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness cycles; Money; Wavelets;
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- E4 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:116:y:2012:i:3:p:547-550. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.