Asset bubbles, credit market imperfections, and technology choice
This paper introduces a bubbly asset into the Matsuyama (2007) model with credit market imperfections and multiple technologies and shows that there can exist multiple bubbly steady states and bubbles may cause underdevelopment traps by preventing the adoption of high productivity technology.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jaume Ventura and Alberto Martín, 2010.
"Economic Growth with Bubbles,"
445, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Alberto Martin & Jaume Ventura, 2003. "Economic growth with bubbles," Economics Working Papers 848, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Sep 2011.
- Alberto Martin & Jaume Ventura, 2010. "Economic Growth with Bubbles," NBER Working Papers 15870, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaume Ventura & Alberto Martín, 2003. "Economic Growth with Bubbles," Working Papers 204, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Alberto Martin, 2010. "Economic Growth with Bubbles," 2010 Meeting Papers 788, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Martin, Alberto & Ventura, Jaume, 2010. "Economic Growth with Bubbles," CEPR Discussion Papers 7770, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tirole, Jean, 1985. "Asset Bubbles and Overlapping Generations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1499-1528, November.
- Farhi, Emmanuel & Tirole, Jean, 2009.
IDEI Working Papers
577, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Feb 2011.
- Farhi, Emmanuel & Tirole, Jean, 2009. "Bubbly Liquidity," TSE Working Papers 09-101, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Feb 2011.
- Jean Tirole & Emmanuel Farhi, 2011. "Bubbly Liquidity," 2011 Meeting Papers 1081, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Emmanuel Farhi & Jean Tirole, 2011. "Bubbly Liquidity," NBER Working Papers 16750, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kunieda, Takuma, 2008. "Asset bubbles and borrowing constraints," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 112-131, January.
- Kiminori Matsuyama, 2007. "Credit Traps and Credit Cycles," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(1), pages 503-516, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:116:y:2012:i:1:p:52-55. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.