Asset bubbles and borrowing constraints
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John R. Conlon, 2004. "Simple Finite Horizon Bubbles Robust to Higher Order Knowledge," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(3), pages 927-936, 05.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Stanley Fischer, 1989. "Lectures on Macroeconomics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262022834.
- Cass, David, 1972. "On capital overaccumulation in the aggregative, neoclassical model of economic growth: A complete characterization," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 200-223, April.
- de la Croix,David & Michel,Philippe, 2002.
"A Theory of Economic Growth,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521806428, October.
- Manuel S. Santos & Michael Woodford, 1997.
"Rational Asset Pricing Bubbles,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(1), pages 19-58, January.
- Manuel S. Santos & Michael Woodford, 1993. "Rational Asset Pricing Bubbles," Working Papers 9304, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Woodford, Michael & Santos, Manuel S., 1995. "Rational asset pricing bubbles," UC3M Working papers. Economics 3913, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Grossman, Gene M. & Yanagawa, Noriyuki, 1993.
"Asset bubbles and endogenous growth,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 3-19, February.
- Grossman, G.M. & Yanagawa, N., 1992. "Asset Bubbles and Endogenous Growth," Papers 160, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Noriyuki Yanagawa & Gene M. Grossman, 1992. "Asset Bubbles and Endogenous Growth," NBER Working Papers 4004, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kocherlakota, Narayana, 2008.
"Injecting rational bubbles,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 218-232, September.
- Andrew B. Abel & N. Gregory Mankiw & Lawrence H. Summers & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 1986.
"Assessing Dynamic Efficiency: Theory and Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
2097, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew Abel & Gregory N. Mankiw & Lawrence H. Summers & Richard Zeckhauser, . "Assessing Dynamic Efficiency: Theory and Evidence," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 14-88, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Galor, Oded & Ryder, Harl E., 1991. "Dynamic efficiency of steady-state equilibria in an overlapping-generations model with productive capital," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 385-390, April.
- Weil, Philippe, 1989. "Overlapping families of infinitely-lived agents," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 183-198, March.
- Jose A. Scheinkman & Wei Xiong, 2003. "Overconfidence and Speculative Bubbles," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(6), pages 1183-1219, December.
- Galor, Oded & Ryder, Harl E., 1989. "Existence, uniqueness, and stability of equilibrium in an overlapping-generations model with productive capital," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 360-375, December.
- King, Ian & Ferguson, Don, 1993. "Dynamic inefficiency, endogenous growth, and Ponzi games," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 79-104, August.
- Barro, Robert J, 1974.
"Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1095-1117, Nov.-Dec..
- John Geanakoplos & Polemarchakis, Heracles M., 1985.
"Walrasian Indeterminacy and Keynesian Macroeconomics,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
778, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- J. D. Geanakoplos & H. M. Polemarchakis, 1986. "Walrasian Indeterminacy and Keynesian Macroeconomics," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(5), pages 755-779.
- GEANAKOPLOS, John D. & POLEMARCHAKIS, Heraklis M., . "Walrasian indeterminacy and Keynesian macroeconomics," CORE Discussion Papers RP 715, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ricardo Caballero & Emmanuel Farhi & Mohamad L. Hammour, 2004.
"Speculative Growth: Hints from the US Economy,"
NBER Working Papers
10518, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dilip Abreu & Markus K. Brunnermeier, 2003.
"Bubbles and Crashes,"
Econometric Society, vol. 71(1), pages 173-204, January.
- Kocherlakota, N.R., 1990.
"Bubbles and Constraints on Debt Accumulation,"
90-29, University of Iowa, Department of Economics.
- Bertocchi, Graziella, 1991. "Bubbles and inefficiencies," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 117-122, February.
- Herakles Polemarchakis, 2001.
"Debt, liquidity and dynamics,"
2001-22, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Céline Rochon & Heracles M. Polemarchakis, 2000. "Debt, Liquidity and Dynamics," Working Papers hal-00598235, HAL.
- POLEMARCHAKIS, Heracles M. & ROCHON, Céline, 1999. "Debt, liquidity and dynamics," CORE Discussion Papers 1999034, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Oded Galor, 2005. "Discrete Dynamical Systems," GE, Growth, Math methods 0504001, EconWPA.
- Magill, Michael & Quinzii, Martine, 2003. "Nonshiftable capital, affine price expectations and convergence to the Golden Rule," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 239-272, June.
- Michel, Philippe & Wigniolle, Bertrand, 2003. "Temporary bubbles," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 173-183, September.
- Galor, Oded, 1992. "A Two-Sector Overlapping-Generations Model: A Global Characterization of the Dynamical System," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(6), pages 1351-86, November.
- Tirole, Jean, 1985. "Asset Bubbles and Overlapping Generations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1499-1528, November.
- Bertocchi, Graziella, 1994. "Safe Debt, Risky Capital," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 61(244), pages 493-508, November.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1958. "An Exact Consumption-Loan Model of Interest with or without the Social Contrivance of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 467.
- Koichi Futagami & Akihisa Shibata, 2000. "Growth Effects of Bubbles in an Endogenous Growth Model," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 51(2), pages 221-235, 06.
- Philippe Weil, 1987. "Confidence and the Real Value of Money in an Overlapping Generations Economy," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 102(1), pages 1-22.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:44:y:2008:i:2:p:112-131. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.