Asset Price Bubbles in the Kiyotaki-Moore Model
We examine the effect of asset price bubbles in the Kiyotaki-Moore model. We show that the dynamic interactions between bubble-asset price, land price, and output generate powerful bubbly dynamics. The boom-bust cycles in bubble-asset price cause boom-crash cycles in the land market simultaneously, like a contagion by affecting the fundamentals of land. We also numerically analyze the welfare effects of bubbles in transitional dynamics.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kosuke Aoki & Kalin Nikolov, 2011.
"Bubbles, Banks, and Financial Stability,"
CARF-F-253, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Aoki, Kosuke & Nikolov, Kalin, 2012. "Bubbles, banks and financial stability," Working Paper Series 1495, European Central Bank.
- Kosuke Aoki & Kalin Nikolov, 2011. "Bubbles, Banks, and Financial Stability," IMES Discussion Paper Series 11-E-24, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Marcus Miller & Joseph Stiglitz, 2010.
"Leverage and Asset Bubbles: Averting Armageddon with Chapter 11?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 120(544), pages 500-518, 05.
- Miller, Marcus & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 2009. "Leverage and Asset Bubbles: Averting Armageddon with Chapter 11?," CEPR Discussion Papers 7469, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marcus Miller & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2010. "Leverage and Asset Bubbles: Averting Armageddon with Chapter 11?," NBER Working Papers 15817, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, G.M. & Yanagawa, N., 1992.
"Asset Bubbles and Endogenous Growth,"
160, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier, 2009. "Deciphering the Liquidity and Credit Crunch 2007-2008," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 77-100, Winter.
- Tomohiro Hirano & Noriyuki Yanagawa, 2010.
"Asset Bubbles, Endogenous Growth, and Financial Frictions,"
CARF-F-223, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo, revised Sep 2010.
- Tomohiro Hirano & Noriyuki Yanagawa, 2010. "Asset Bubbles, Endogenous Growth, and Financial Frictions," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-752, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Jianjun Miao & PENGFEI WANG, 2011.
"Bubbles and Credit Constraints,"
Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
WP2011-031, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Woodford, Michael, 1990. "Public Debt as Private Liquidity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 382-88, May.
- Kazuo Ueda, 2011. "Japan's Deleveraging since the 1990s and the Bank of Japan's Monetary Policy: Some Comparisons with the U.S. Experience since 2007," CARF F-Series CARF-F-259, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:36632. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.