Stochastic processes and target zones revisited
We construct a model of exchange rate target zones that allows the stochastic process, with a closed-form general solution, to include the possibility of lagged response of fundamentals.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Partha Dasgupta & Eric Maskin, 2004.
"Uncertainty and Hyperbolic Discounting,"
Economics Working Papers
0023, Institute for Advanced Study, School of Social Science.
- Froot, Kenneth A & Obstfeld, Maurice, 1991.
"Stochastic Process Switching: Some Simple Solutions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(1), pages 241-50, January.
- Kenneth A. Froot & Maurice Obstfeld, 1989. "Stochastic Process Switching: Some Simple Solutions," NBER Working Papers 2998, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul R. Krugman, 1988.
"Target Zones and Exchange Rate Dynamics,"
NBER Working Papers
2481, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- García-Solanes, José & Torrejón-Flores, Fernando, 2010. "Devaluation and pass-through in indebted and risky economies," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 36-45, January.
- Beladi, Hamid & Chakrabarti, Avik & Marjit, Sugata, 2010. "Exchange rate pass-through: A generalization," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 493-504, July.
- Eric S. Maskin, 1999. "Uncertainty and entry deterrence," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 429-437.
- Coleman, Andrew & Karagedikli, Özer, 2012. "The relative size of exchange rate and interest rate responses to news: An empirical investigation," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-19.
- Devereux, Michael B., 2009. "A simple model of emerging market portfolio structure," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 457-468, June.
- Coleman, Andrew, 2012. "Uncovering uncovered interest parity during the classical gold standard era, 1888–1905," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 20-37.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:116:y:2012:i:1:p:34-36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.