Stochastic processes and target zones revisited
We construct a model of exchange rate target zones that allows the stochastic process, with a closed-form general solution, to include the possibility of lagged response of fundamentals.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Coleman, Andrew & Karagedikli, Özer, 2012. "The relative size of exchange rate and interest rate responses to news: An empirical investigation," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-19.
- Krugman, Paul R, 1991.
"Target Zones and Exchange Rate Dynamics,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 106(3), pages 669-82, August.
- Eric S. Maskin, 1999. "Uncertainty and entry deterrence," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 429-437.
- Devereux, Michael B., 2009. "A simple model of emerging market portfolio structure," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 457-468, June.
- Kenneth A. Froot & Maurice Obstfeld, 1989.
"Stochastic Process Switching: Some Simple Solutions,"
NBER Working Papers
2998, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Froot, Kenneth A & Obstfeld, Maurice, 1991. "Stochastic Process Switching: Some Simple Solutions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(1), pages 241-50, January.
- Beladi, Hamid & Chakrabarti, Avik & Marjit, Sugata, 2010. "Exchange rate pass-through: A generalization," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 493-504, July.
- Partha Dasgupta & Eric Maskin, 2005.
"Uncertainty and Hyperbolic Discounting,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(4), pages 1290-1299, September.
- Coleman, Andrew, 2012. "Uncovering uncovered interest parity during the classical gold standard era, 1888–1905," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 20-37.
- García-Solanes, José & Torrejón-Flores, Fernando, 2010. "Devaluation and pass-through in indebted and risky economies," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 36-45, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:116:y:2012:i:1:p:34-36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.