New weighting scheme for the dimensions in multidimensional poverty indices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Susan E. Mayer & Christopher Jencks, 1989. "Poverty and the Distribution of Material Hardship," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 24(1), pages 88-114.
- Hans de Kruijk & Martine Rutten, 2007. "WEIGHTING DIMENSIONS OF POVERTY BASED ON PEOPLES PRIORITIES: Constructing a Composite Poverty Index for the Maldives," IIDE Discussion Papers 20070801, Institue for International and Development Economics.
- Filippone, Andrea & Cheli, Bruno & D'Agostino, Antonella, 2001. "Addressing the interpretation and the aggregation problems in totally fuzzy and relative poverty measures," ISER Working Paper Series 2001-22, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Michela Nardo & Michaela Saisana & Andrea Saltelli & Stefano Tarantola & Anders Hoffman & Enrico Giovannini, 2005. "Handbook on Constructing Composite Indicators: Methodology and User Guide," OECD Statistics Working Papers 2005/3, OECD Publishing.
- Desai, Meghnad & Shah, Anup, 1988. "An Econometric Approach to the Measurement of Poverty," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(3), pages 505-522, September.
- Osberg, Lars & Sharpe, Andrew, 2002. "An Index of Economic Well-Being for Selected OECD Countries," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 48(3), pages 291-316, September.
- Sen, Amartya, 1997. "On Economic Inequality," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198292975.
- Erik Schokkaert, 2007. "Capabilities and Satisfaction with Life," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 415-430.
- Jaya Krishnakumar & A. Nagar, 2008. "On Exact Statistical Properties of Multidimensional Indices Based on Principal Components, Factor Analysis, MIMIC and Structural Equation Models," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 86(3), pages 481-496, May.
- Besma Belhadj, 2011. "A new fuzzy unidimensional poverty index from an information theory perspective," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 687-704, May.
- Klasen, Stephan, 2000. "Measuring Poverty and Deprivation in South Africa," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 46(1), pages 33-58, March.
- Shyamal Chowdhury & Lyn Squire, 2006. "Setting weights for aggregate indices: An application to the commitment to development index and human development index," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(5), pages 761-771.
- Hirschberg, Joseph G. & Maasoumi, Esfandiar & Slottje, Daniel J., 1991. "Cluster analysis for measuring welfare and quality of life across countries," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1-2), pages 131-150, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christophe Muller & Asha Kannan & Roland Alcindor, 2016. "Multidimensional Poverty in Seychelles," Working Papers halshs-01264444, HAL.
- Gianni Betti & Francesca Gagliardi & Achille Lemmi & Vijay Verma, 2015. "Comparative measures of multidimensional deprivation in the European Union," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 1071-1100, November.
- Rolf Aaberge & Andrea Brandolini, 2014. "Multidimensional poverty and inequality," Discussion Papers 792, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Fotis Papadopoulos & Panos Tsakloglou, 2015.
"Chronic material deprivation and long-term poverty in Europe in the pre-crisis period,"
ImPRovE Working Papers
15/16, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
- Papadopoulos, Fotis & Tsakloglou, Panos, 2016. "Chronic Material Deprivation and Long?Term Poverty in Europe in the Pre?Crisis Period," IZA Discussion Papers 9751, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Fotis Papadopoulos & Panos Tsakloglou, 2016. "Chronic material deprivation and long-term poverty in Europe in the pre-crisis period," DEOS Working Papers 1602, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Vijay Verma & Gianni Betti & Francesca Gagliardi, 2017. "Fuzzy Measures of Longitudinal Poverty in a Comparative Perspective," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 130(2), pages 435-454, January.
- Nasri, Khaled & Belhadj, Besma, 2017. "Multidimensional Poverty Measurement in Tunisia: Distribution of Deprivations across Regions," MPRA Paper 83318, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsFuzzy sets; Membership function; Poverty; Weights;
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- C00 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:116:y:2012:i:3:p:304-307. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.