A new fuzzy unidimensional poverty index from an information theory perspective
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cowell, Frank A. & Kuga, Kiyoshi, 1981. "Additivity and the entropy concept: An axiomatic approach to inequality measurement," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 131-143, August.
- Gianni Betti & Bruno Cheli & Riccardo Cambini, 2004. "A statistical model for the dynamics between two fuzzy states: theory and an application to poverty analysis," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(3), pages 391-411.
- François Bourguignon & Satya Chakravarty, 2003. "The Measurement of Multidimensional Poverty," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 1(1), pages 25-49, April.
- Joseph Deutsch & Jacques Silber, 2005. "Measuring Multidimensional Poverty: An Empirical Comparison Of Various Approaches," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 51(1), pages 145-174, March.
- Zheng, Buhong, 1997. " Aggregate Poverty Measures," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(2), pages 123-162, June.
- Kai-yuen Tsui, 2002. "Multidimensional poverty indices," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 19(1), pages 69-93.
- Maasoumi, Esfandiar, 1986. "The Measurement and Decomposition of Multi-dimensional Inequality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(4), pages 991-997, July.
- A. E. Fernández Jilberto, 1991. "Introduction," International Journal of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 3-9, March.
- repec:ucp:bkecon:9780226702766 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gianni Betti & Francesca Gagliardi & Achille Lemmi & Vijay Verma, 2015. "Comparative measures of multidimensional deprivation in the European Union," Empirical Economics, Springer, pages 1071-1100.
- Leu, Chao-Hsien & Chen, Ke-Mei & Chen, Hsiu-Hui, 2016. "A multidimensional approach to child poverty in Taiwan," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 35-44.
- Vijay Verma & Gianni Betti & Francesca Gagliardi, 2017. "Fuzzy Measures of Longitudinal Poverty in a Comparative Perspective," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 130(2), pages 435-454, January.
- Belhadj, Besma, 2012. "New weighting scheme for the dimensions in multidimensional poverty indices," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(3), pages 304-307.
- Belhadj Besma, 2016. "Inequality among the poor in poverty measure case of Tunisia (2005–2010)," OPSEARCH, Springer;Operational Research Society of India, vol. 53(2), pages 409-425, June.
More about this item
KeywordsPoverty; Poverty line; Fuzzy sets; Membership function; Information function; P46; I32; D81; C00;
- P46 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Consumer Economics; Health; Education and Training; Welfare, Income, Wealth, and Poverty
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- C00 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:empeco:v:40:y:2011:i:3:p:687-704. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.