Children and Youth Services Review
2017, Volume 83, Issue C
- 1-8 Validating the Job Satisfaction Survey in voluntary child welfare
by Li, Yong & Huang, Hui
- 9-16 Youth firearm suicide: Precipitating/risk factors and gun access
by Choi, Namkee G. & DiNitto, Diana M. & Marti, C. Nathan
- 17-24 Federally-funded transitional living programs and services for LGBTQ-identified homeless youth: A profile in unmet need
by Prock, Kristen A. & Kennedy, Angie C.
- 25-32 Gender differences in pathways from physical and sexual abuse to early substance use
by Kobulsky, Julia M.
- 33-40 Individual indicators of self-reported victimization among elementary school-age students: A latent class analysis
by Moses, Mindi & Williford, Anne
- 41-47 Longitudinal reciprocal effects between peer relationship difficulties and aggressive behaviors in Korean adolescents
by Kim, Soyoun & Nho, Choong Rai
- 48-56 An evaluation of a Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) program in the rural south
by Felix, Shanna N. & Agnich, Laura E. & Schueths, April
- 57-67 Conceptualizing on-campus support programs for collegiate foster youth and alumni: A plan for action
by Jay Miller, J. & Benner, Kalea & Kheibari, Athena & Washington, Earl
- 68-79 Wilderness therapy, therapeutic camping and adventure education in child and youth care literature: A scoping review
by Harper, Nevin J.
- 80-84 Childhood trauma and risk for suicidal distress in justice-involved children
by Johnson, Micah E.
- 85-100 Social ecology and adolescent bullying: Filtering risky environments through antisocial personality
by Farrell, Ann H. & Volk, Anthony A.
- 101-111 We're not rich, but we're definitely not poor: Young children's conceptions of social class
by Rauscher, Emily & Friedline, Terri & Banerjee, Mahasweta
- 112-118 Police and social work preventions of offending among at-risk youth in Shanghai
by Cheung, Chau-kiu
- 119-130 The team as a secure base: Promoting resilience and competence in child and family social work
by Biggart, Laura & Ward, Emma & Cook, Laura & Schofield, Gillian
- 131-136 The role of attachment classification on disclosure of self and rater-reported adverse childhood experiences in a sample of child welfare professionals
by Hiles Howard, Amanda R. & Razuri, Erin Becker & Copeland, Rachel & Call, Casey & Nunez, Marisa & Cross, David R.
- 137-145 Foster home integration as a temporal indicator of relational well-being
by Waid, Jeffrey & Kothari, Brianne H. & McBeath, Bowen M. & Bank, Lew
- 146-158 Project SET-Bullying: Exploring the relationship between the effectiveness of school-based anti-bullying interventions and time
by Chalamandaris, Alexandros-Georgios & Wilmet-Dramaix, Michèle & Robert, Annie & Ertesvåg, Sigrun Karin & Eslea, Mike & Senterre, Christelle & Piette, Danielle
- 159-167 Concept mapping the needs of grandmothers who take care of their grandchildren in formal foster care in Flanders
by Van Holen, Frank & Van Loock, Julie & Belenger, Laurence & Vanderfaeillie, Johan
- 168-178 Early care and education arrangements and young children's risk of foster placement: Findings from a National Child Welfare Sample
by Klein, Sacha & Fries, Lauren & Emmons, Mary M.
- 179-189 Examining rates and risk factors for post-order adoption disruption in England and Wales through survival analyses
by Wijedasa, Dinithi & Selwyn, Julie
- 190-200 Development of children's understandings of physical disabilities and stigmatization in a Japanese cultural context: Reflections of children in second through sixth grades
by Kayama, Misa
- 209-217 Educational stability policy and the interplay between child welfare placements and school moves
by Clemens, Elysia V. & Klopfenstein, Kristin & Tis, Matt & Lalonde, Trent L.
- 218-225 Parental and peer attachment and adolescents' behaviors: The mediating role of psychological suzhi in a longitudinal study
by Pan, Yangu & Hu, Yu & Zhang, Dajun & Ran, Guangming & Li, Bingbing & Liu, Chuanxing & Liu, Guangzeng & Luo, Shilan & Chen, Wanfen
- 226-231 Slipping through the cracks: Examining the realities of a child-friendly prison system
by Pridmore, William & Levy, Michael H. & McArthur, Morag
- 232-241 Does family reunification from residential care facilities serve children's best interest? A propensity-score matching approach in Ghana
by James, Spencer L. & Roby, Jini L. & Powell, Lindsay J. & Teuscher, Bryan A. & Hamstead, Kelsey L. & Shafer, Kevin
- 242-247 Use of research evidence and implementation of evidence-based practices in youth-serving systems
by Palinkas, Lawrence A. & Saldana, Lisa & Chou, Chih-Ping & Chamberlain, Patricia
- 248-254 The reality of relationships with young people in caring professions: A qualitative approach to professional boundaries rooted in virtue ethics
by Hart, Peter
- 255-263 Family group conferencing in Dutch child welfare: Which families are most likely to organize a family group conference?
by Dijkstra, Sharon & Creemers, Hanneke E. & Asscher, Jessica J. & Deković, Maja & Stams, Geert Jan J.M.
- 264-273 The contribution of resilience to one-year independent living outcomes of care-leavers in South Africa
by van Breda, Adrian D. & Dickens, Lisa
- 274-284 Evaluation of Positive Parenting Programme (Triple P) in Singapore: Improving parenting practices and preventing risks for recurrence of maltreatment
by Zhou, Yu Qi & Chew, Qian Ru Charis & Lee, Marianne & Zhou, Jeremy & Chong, Dominic & Quah, Saw Han & Ho, Michelle & Tan, Li Jen
- 285-293 Medical complexity and placement outcomes for children in foster care
by Seltzer, Rebecca R. & Johnson, Sara B. & Minkovitz, Cynthia S.
- 294-301 Teen mothers who are daughters of teen mothers: Psychological intergenerational dimensions of early motherhood
by Margherita, Giorgia & Troisi, Gina & Tessitore, Francesca & Gargiulo, Anna
- 302-315 Barriers to disclosing child sexual abuse (CSA) in ethnic minority communities: A review of the literature and implications for practice in Australia
by Sawrikar, Pooja & Katz, Ilan
2017, Volume 81, Issue C
- 1-4 Exploring the university partnership model for child welfare citizen review panels: A research brief
by Miller, J. Jay & Collins-Camargo, Crystal & Jones, Blake
- 5-9 Does fathers' involvement in services affect mothers' likelihood of reunification with children placed in foster care?
by D'Andrade, Amy C.
- 10-20 The Parent University Program: Factors predicting change in responsive parenting behaviors
by Liggett-Creel, Kyla & Barth, Richard P. & Mayden, Bronwyn & Pitts, Britney E.
- 21-28 Transnational social workers in statutory child welfare: A scoping review
by Modderman, Corina & Threlkeld, Guinever & McPherson, Lynne
- 29-39 The decline effect in evaluations of the impact of the Strengthening Families Program for Youth 10-14 (SFP 10-14) on adolescent substance use
by Gorman, Dennis M.
- 40-53 The effects of economic factors on the out-of-home placement for maltreated children
by Choi, Mi Jin
- 54-62 Intersection of homelessness and mental health: A mixed methods study of young adults who accessed psychiatric emergency services
by Narendorf, Sarah Carter
- 63-71 Cost effectiveness of a school readiness intervention for foster children
by Lynch, Frances L. & Dickerson, John F. & Pears, Katherine C. & Fisher, Philip A.
- 72-80 Early childhood aggression among child welfare involved children: The interplay between the type of child maltreatment and ecological protective factors
by Yoon, Susan & Tebben, Erin & Lee, Guijin
- 81-93 Single mothers, the role of fathers, and the risk for child maltreatment
by Schneider, William
- 94-100 The relationship between childhood physical abuse and suicidal ideation among Chinese university students: Possible moderators
by Low, Yiu Tsang Andrew & Kwok, Sylvia Y.C.L. & Tam, Hau Lin Cherry & Yeung, Wai Keung Jerf & Lo, Hay Ming Herman
- 101-116 Implementation frameworks in child, youth and family services – Results from a scoping review
by Albers, Bianca & Mildon, Robyn & Lyon, Aaron R. & Shlonsky, Aron
- 117-123 A cross-lagged model of the relationship between violent video game exposure and moral disengagement in middle school and high school students
by Teng, Zhaojun & Nie, Qian & Pan, Yangu & Liu, Yanling & Guo, Cheng
- 124-128 Improving completion of the initial comprehensive health assessment for children entering foster care
by Elertson, Kathleen M.
- 129-138 Tactics for successful organizational change in a youth and family services agency
by Packard, Thomas
- 139-147 Youth workers' use of Facebook for mediated pastoralism with juvenile delinquents and youths-at-risk
by Lim, Sun Sun
- 148-156 Youth outside the labour force — Perceived barriers by service providers and service users: A mixed method approach
by Ose, Solveig Osborg & Jensen, Chris
- 157-167 Development and implementation of a screen-and-refer approach to addressing maternal depression, substance use, and intimate partner violence in home visiting clients
by Dauber, Sarah & John, Tiffany & Hogue, Aaron & Nugent, Jessica & Hernandez, Gina
- 168-177 Neighborhood effects on self-concept among Korean adolescents
by Nho, Choong Rai & Kang, Hyunju
- 178-187 Financial capability of parents of kindergarteners
by Banerjee, Mahasweta M. & Friedline, Terri & Phipps, Barbara J.
- 188-196 Truancy in the United States: Examining temporal trends and correlates by race, age, and gender
by Maynard, Brandy R. & Vaughn, Michael G. & Nelson, Erik J. & Salas-Wright, Christopher P. & Heyne, David A. & Kremer, Kristen P.
- 197-206 Psychopharmacotherapy in children placed in group homes and residential centres in Canada: Psychopathological portrait of children receiving psychotropic medications and educators' perception of treatment
by Desjardins, Julie & Lafortune, Denis & Cyr, Francine
- 207-211 The relationship between the type of smartphone use and smartphone dependence of Korean adolescents: National survey study
by Bae, Sung-Man
- 212-219 Young people's views on safety and preventing abuse and harm in residential care: “It's got to be better than home”
by Moore, Tim & McArthur, Morag & Death, Jodi & Tilbury, Clare & Roche, Steven
- 220-228 Fostering success: Understanding the experience of foster youth undergraduates
by Kinarsky, Alana R.
- 229-237 The impact of worker and agency characteristics on FGC referrals in child welfare
by Allan, Heather & Harlaar, Nicole & Hollinshead, Dana & Drury, Ida & Merkel-Holguin, Lisa
- 238-245 Ecological predictors of health-related quality of life (HRQoL) among children from low-income families in South Korea
by Park, Jiyoung & Baek, Suyon
- 246-260 How aware of child sexual abuse (CSA) are ethnic minority communities? A literature review and suggestions for raising awareness in Australia
by Sawrikar, Pooja & Katz, Ilan
- 261-267 Characteristics and outcomes of newborns entered who entered into care (EIC) within 7days of birth in NSW, Australia
by Marsh, Christine A. & Browne, Jenny & Taylor, Jan & Davis, Deborah
- 268-271 Adapting to attrition challenges in multi-year studies: Examples from a school-based bullying and cyber bullying study
by Mishna, Faye & McInroy, Lauren B. & Daciuk, Joanne & Lacombe-Duncan, Ashley
- 272-283 The role of Medicaid home and community-based service policies in organizing and financing care for children with severe emotional disturbance
by Graaf, Genevieve & Snowden, Lonnie
- 284-292 Conceptualizing the role of adults within youth-adult partnerships: An example from practice
by Richards-Schuster, Katie & Timmermans, Rebecca
- 293-300 Voices rarely heard: Personal construct assessments of Sub-Saharan unaccompanied asylum-seeking and refugee youth in England
by O'Toole Thommessen, Sara Amalie & Corcoran, Paula & Todd, Brenda K.
- 301-308 New evidence in physical violent behaviors among school-aged children: A multiple disadvantages model
by Li, Qingyi & Cheng, Tyrone C.
- 309-320 Predictive and prescriptive analytics, machine learning and child welfare risk assessment: The Broward County experience
by Schwartz, Ira M. & York, Peter & Nowakowski-Sims, Eva & Ramos-Hernandez, Ana
- 321-331 Connectedness to family, school, peers, and community in socially vulnerable adolescents
by Foster, Cynthia Ewell & Horwitz, Adam & Thomas, Alvin & Opperman, Kiel & Gipson, Polly & Burnside, Amanda & Stone, Deborah M. & King, Cheryl A.
- 332-339 To dream the impossible dream: Care leavers' challenges and barriers in pursuing their future expectations and goals
by Sulimani-Aidan, Yafit
- 340-349 “They will go like I did”: How parents think about college for their young children in the context of rising costs
by Friedline, Terri & Rauscher, Emily & West, Stacia & Phipps, Barbara & Kardash, Nadzeya & Chang, Karin & Ecker-Lyster, Meghan
- 350-357 Male care-leavers' transfer of social skills from care into independent living in South Africa
by Mmusi, Fatima Ipeleng & van Breda, Adrian D.
- 358-367 Resilience in the context of fragility: Development of a multidimensional measure of child wellbeing within the Fragile Families dataset
by Fava, Nicole M. & Li, Tan & Burke, Shanna L. & Wagner, Eric F.
- 368-378 Longitudinal growth of post-traumatic stress and depressive symptoms following a child maltreatment allegation: An examination of violence exposure, family risk and placement type
by Barboza, Gia Elise & Dominguez, Silvia
- 379-389 Asking for Change: Feasibility, acceptability, and preliminary outcomes of a manualized photovoice intervention with youth experiencing homelessness
by Bender, Kimberly & Barman-Adhikari, Anamika & DeChants, Jonah & Haffejee, Badiah & Anyon, Yolanda & Begun, Stephanie & Portillo, Andrea & Dunn, Kaite
- 390-399 Parenting and emotional well-being of adoptive school-aged children: The mediating role of attachment
by Santos-Nunes, Marta & Narciso, Isabel & Vieira-Santos, Salomé & Roberto, Magda Sofia
- 400-412 Participatory action research (PAR) with children and youth: An integrative review of methodology and PAR outcomes for participants, organizations, and communities
by Shamrova, Daria P. & Cummings, Cristy E.
- 413-421 Internalizing and externalizing behavioral problems of American Indian children in the child welfare system
by Landers, Ashley L. & Bellamy, Jennifer L. & Danes, Sharon M. & White Hawk, Sandy
2017, Volume 80, Issue C
- 3-14 Exploring national variations in child subjective well-being
by Bradshaw, Jonathan & Rees, Gwyther
- 15-21 What accounts for the variations in children's subjective well-being across nations?: A decomposition method study
by Lee, Bong Joo & Yoo, Min Sang
- 22-30 Understanding the typologies of child subjective well-being: A cross-country comparison
by Yoo, Joan P. & Ahn, Jaejin
- 31-40 Children's subjective well-being in Africa: A comparative analysis across three countries
by Savahl, Shazly & Tiliouine, Habib & Casas, Ferran & Adams, Sabirah & Mekonen, Yehualashet & Dejene, Negussie & Benninger, Elizabeth & Witten, Heidi
- 41-51 Urban-rural variations in children's lives and subjective well-being: A comparative analysis of four countries
by Rees, Gwyther & Tonon, Graciela & Mikkelsen, Claudia & Rodriguez de la Vega, Lía
- 52-62 Contextualizing subjective well-being of children in different domains: Does higher safety provide higher subjective well-being for child citizens?
by Uyan-Semerci, Pınar & Erdoğan, Emre & Akkan, Başak & Müderrisoğlu, Serra & Karatay, Abdullah
- 63-77 Religion and subjective well-being among children: A comparison of six religion groups
by Kosher, Hanita & Ben-Arieh, Asher
- 78-87 Children's activities and time use: Variations between and within 16 countries
by Rees, Gwyther
- 88-95 Child psychological well-being and its associations with material deprivation and type of home
by Crous, Gemma
- 96-104 Children's subjective well-being in relation to gender — What can we learn from dissatisfied children?
by Kaye-Tzadok, Avital & Kim, Sun Suk & Main, Gill
- 105-115 Family structure and family relationship from the child well-being perspective: Findings from comparative analysis
by Dinisman, Tamar & Andresen, Sabine & Montserrat, Carme & Strózik, Dorota & Strózik, Tomasz
- 116-128 Material well-being and social exclusion association with children's subjective Well-being: Cross-national analysis of 14 countries
by Gross-Manos, Daphna
- 129-139 Child social exclusion
by Crous, Gemma & Bradshaw, Jonathan
- 140-148 Do children like school – Crowding in or out? International comparison of children's perspectives
by Kutsar, Dagmar & Kasearu, Kairi
- 149-156 Comparing family, friends and satisfaction with school experience as predictors of SWB in children who have and have not made the transition to middle school in different countries
by Oriol, Xavier & Torres, Javier & Miranda, Rafael & Bilbao, Marian & Ortúzar, Harry
- 157-170 School: One world or two worlds? Children's perspectives
by Casas, Ferran & González, Mònica
- 171-180 Comparing children's experiences of schools-based bullying across countries
by Bradshaw, Jonathan & Crous, Gemma & Rees, Gwyther & Turner, Nick
2017, Volume 79, Issue C
- 1-9 Narratives of care leavers: What promotes resilience in transitions to independent lives?
by Refaeli, Tehila
- 10-19 Experiences of Somali and Oromo youth in the child protection system
by Horn, Tonya L. & Piescher, Kristine & Shannon, Patricia J. & Hong, Saahoon & Benton, Anna
- 20-28 Child Development Accounts, parental savings, and parental educational expectations: A path model
by Kim, Youngmi & Huang, Jin & Sherraden, Michael & Clancy, Margaret
- 29-36 Systems barriers to community re-entry for incarcerated youths: A review
by O'Neill, Sue C. & Strnadová, Iva & Cumming, Therese M.
- 37-43 Family involvement meetings: Engagement, facilitation, and child and family goals
by Xu, Yanfeng & Ahn, Haksoon & Bright, Charlotte Lyn
- 44-49 Better together? Cooperation between youth welfare office and child and adolescent psychiatry: A methodological approach
by Mack, Judith & Wanderer, Sina & Keitel, Janin & Bittner, Jana & Herrmann, Elisabeth & Ehrlich, Stefan & Roessner, Veit
- 50-56 Why child labour? Evidences from homebased carpet weaving industry of Kashmir
by Nengroo, Aasif Hussain & Bhat, Gulam Mohammad
- 57-64 An ecological model of child and youth participation
by Gal, Tali
- 65-77 The voices of youth formerly in foster care: Perspectives on educational attainment gaps
by Clemens, Elysia V. & Helm, Heather M. & Myers, Kristin & Thomas, Christina & Tis, Matt
- 78-86 Teacher-child interactions and children's cognitive and social skills in Chinese preschool classrooms
by Hu, Bi Ying & Fan, Xitao & Wu, Zhongling & LoCasale-Crouch, Jennifer & Yang, Ning & Zhang, Juan
- 87-96 Integrating the little talks intervention into Early Head Start: An experimental examination of implementation supports involving fidelity monitoring and performance feedback
by Manz, Patricia H. & Power, Thomas J. & Roggman, Lori A. & Eisenberg, Rachel A. & Gernhart, Amanda & Faison, Jacqueline & Ridgard, Tamique & Wallace, Laura E. & Whitenack, Jamie M.
- 97-106 Health insurance coverage and routine health care use among children by family immigration status
by Ybarra, Marci & Ha, Yoonsook & Chang, Jina
- 107-114 Children in out-of-home care as young adults: A systematic review of outcomes in the Nordic countries
by Kääriälä, Antti & Hiilamo, Heikki
- 115-125 The impact of WIC on breastfeeding initiation and gestational weight gain: Case study of South Carolina Medicaid mothers
by Sonchak, Lyudmyla
- 126-131 Young people and digital services: Analysis of the use, rules, and age requirement
by Lareki, Arkaitz & Altuna, Jon & Martínez de Morentin, Juan Ignacio & Amenabar, Nere
- 132-138 The effectiveness of intervention for adolescents exposed to domestic violence
by An, Soonok & Kim, Irang & Joon Choi, Y. & Platt, Melody & Thomsen, Donna
- 139-147 The role of social and psychological resources in children's perception of their participation rights
by Burger, Kaspar
- 148-159 Insights into the black box of child care supply: Predictors of provider participation in the Massachusetts child care subsidy system
by Giapponi Schneider, Kate & Erickson Warfield, Marji & Joshi, Pamela & Ha, Yoonsook & Hodgkin, Dominic
- 160-165 Parents, friends, and depression: A multi-country study of adolescents in South Asia
by Murshid, Nadine Shaanta
- 166-179 The treatment needs of victims/survivors of child sexual abuse (CSA) from ethnic minority communities: A literature review and suggestions for practice
by Sawrikar, Pooja & Katz, Ilan
- 180-185 The effect of social anxiety, generalized anxiety, depression and substance abuse on child support payment compliance among non-custodial parents
by Thomason, Elizabeth & Himle, Joseph A. & Tolman, Richard M. & Sinco, Brandy R. & Savas, Sue Ann
- 186-197 Experiences and outcomes of foster care alumni in postsecondary education: A review of the literature
by Geiger, Jennifer M. & Beltran, Susanny J.
- 198-220 What are the factors associated with educational achievement for children in kinship or foster care: A systematic review
by O'Higgins, Aoife & Sebba, Judy & Gardner, Frances
- 221-227 ‘We have personal experience to share, it makes it real’: Young people's views on their role in sexual violence prevention efforts
by Cody, Claire
- 228-234 Lemonade for Life—A pilot study on a hope-infused, trauma-informed approach to help families understand their past and focus on the future
by Counts, Jacqueline M. & Gillam, Rebecca J. & Perico, Shabrie & Eggers, Keil L.
- 235-241 A longitudinal examination of how mothers' and fathers' mental health and thoughts of death are related to their child's self-reported levels of parental connectedness
by De Luca, Susan M. & Yueqi, Yan & Padilla, Yolanda
- 242-248 Academic resilience and caring adults: The experiences of former foster youth
by Neal, Darlene
- 249-255 Expert views of children's knowledge needs regarding parental mental illness
by Grove, Christine & Riebschleger, Joanne & Bosch, Annick & Cavanaugh, Daniel & van der Ende, Peter C.
- 256-262 Expanding the conceptualization of re-entry: The inter-play between child welfare and juvenile services
by Shipe, Stacey L. & Shaw, Terry V. & Betsinger, Sara & Farrell, Jill L.
- 263-273 Do separate female toilets in primary and upper primary schools improve female enrollment? A case study from India
by Ray, Rita & Datta, Rajlakshmi
- 280-290 Explaining the overlap between bullying perpetration and bullying victimization: assessing the time-ordered and correlative relationships
by Cho, Sujung
- 299-308 A qualitative study of cultural congruency of Legacy for Children™ for Spanish-speaking mothers
by Beasley, Lana O. & Silovsky, Jane F. & Espeleta, Hannah C. & Robinson, Lara R. & Hartwig, Sophie A. & Morris, Amanda & Esparza, Irma
- 309-314 Structural model of parenting dimension, media usage type and body mass index in Korean preschool children
by Kim, Soojung & Chung, Ick-Joong & Lee, Junghee
- 315-324 Case studies of successful transition from out-of-home placement to young adulthood in Korea
by Nho, Choong Rai & Park, Eun Hye & McCarthy, Mary L.
- 325-332 “I am no longer alone”: Evaluation of the first North American camp for youth living in families with Huntington's disease
by Kavanaugh, Melinda S. & Cho, Chi & Maeda, Hotaka & Swope, Chandler
- 333-340 The buffering effect of child-caregiver relationships: Social skills development of ethnic minority children with maladaptive behaviors in rural China
by Lai, Angel H.Y. & Chui, Cheryl H.K. & Lo, Phyllis H.Y. & Jordan, Lucy P. & Chan, Cecilia L.W.
- 341-347 How can county-level maltreatment report rates better inform child welfare practice?
by Smith, Brenda D. & Kay, Emma Sophia & Womack, Bethany G.
- 348-354 Students' dreams for the future and perspectives on resilience-building aspects of their lives: The view from East Greenland
by Glendøs, Mia
- 355-361 Care-leavers and their children placed for adoption
by Roberts, Louise & Meakings, Sarah & Forrester, Donald & Smith, Audra & Shelton, Katherine
- 362-367 Effectiveness of brief intervention and case management for children and adolescents with mental health difficulties
by Wagner, Giorgia A. & Mildred, Helen & Gee, Donna & Black, Emma B. & Brann, Peter
- 368-384 Family poverty and neighborhood poverty: Links with children's school readiness before and after the Great Recession
by Wolf, Sharon & Magnuson, Katherine A. & Kimbro, Rachel T.
- 385-398 Building relationships between mentors and youth: Development of the TRICS model
by Donlan, Alice E. & McDermott, Elana R. & Zaff, Jonathan F.
- 399-407 A case record review of termination of parental rights cases involving parents with a disability
by Lightfoot, Elizabeth & Laliberte, Traci & Cho, Minhae
- 408-417 Contextual factors associated with the use of corporal punishment in U.S. public schools
by Font, Sarah A. & Gershoff, Elizabeth T.
- 418-425 Listening to the voices of children in decision-making: A challenge for the child protection system in Spain
by Balsells, M. Ángeles & Fuentes-Peláez, Nuria & Pastor, Crescencia
- 426-431 “When I went to camp, it made me free”: A longitudinal qualitative study of a residential intervention for adolescents living with HIV in the UK
by Lut, Irina & Evangeli, Michael & Ely, Amanda
- 432-441 Harnessing the strength of families to prevent social problems and promote adolescent well-being
by Lippold, Melissa A. & Jensen, Todd M.
- 442-449 A dual-factor model of mental health and social support: Evidence with adolescents in residential care
by Magalhães, Eunice & Calheiros, Maria Manuela
- 450-455 Youth Connections Scale-Child Version pilot study: Adapted tool for children in out-of-home placement
by Semanchin Jones, Annette
- 456-462 The evolving relationship between casework skills, engagement, and positive case outcomes in child protection: A structural equation model
by Damiani-Taraba, Gissele & Dumbrill, Gary & Gladstone, James & Koster, Andrew & Leslie, Bruce & Charles, Michelle
- 463-470 Being adopted in the school context: Individual and interpersonal predictors
by Soares, Joana & Barbosa-Ducharne, Maria & Palacios, Jesús & Fonseca, Sílvia
- 471-477 The self-defined experience of secular foster-care services for ultra-religious women in Israel: Using phenomenology to create cultural sensitive services
by Huss, Ephrat & Englesman, Shimrit
- 478-484 A survival analysis of the length of foster parenting duration and implications for recruitment and retention of foster parents
by Ahn, Haksoon & Greeno, Elizabeth J. & Bright, Charlotte Lyn & Hartzel, Samantha & Reiman, Sarah
- 485-494 Exploration of factors predictive of at-risk fathers' participation in a pilot study of an augmented evidence-based parent training program: A mixed methods approach
by Rostad, Whitney L. & Self-Brown, Shannon & Boyd, Clinton & Osborne, Melissa & Patterson, Alexandria
- 495-505 Latent classes of older foster youth: Prospective associations with outcomes and exits from the foster care system during the transition to adulthood
by Miller, Elizabeth A. & Paschall, Katherine W. & Azar, Sandra T.
- 506-516 Factors associated with service utilization in child welfare: A structural equation model
by Hollinshead, Dana M. & Kim, Sangwon & Fluke, John D. & Merkel-Holguin, Lisa
- 517-526 Culture and context: The differential impact of culture, risks and resources on resilience among vulnerable adolescents
by Sanders, Jackie & Munford, Robyn & Boden, Joseph
- 527-538 Recovery from child sexual abuse (CSA) in India: A relational framework for practice
by Chouliara, Zoë & Narang, Javita
- 547-557 Does joint legal custody increase child support for nonmarital children?
by Chen, Yiyu & Meyer, Daniel R.
- 558-563 Supportive housing program for homeless families: Foster care outcomes and best practices
by Lenz-Rashid, Sonja
- 564-575 Predictors of natural mentoring relationships among former foster youth
by Zinn, Andrew
- 576-583 Substance use behaviors by parents and the decision to substantiate child physical abuse and neglect by caseworkers
by Freisthler, Bridget & Kepple, Nancy J. & Wolf, Jennifer Price & Curry, Susanna R. & Gregoire, Tom
- 584-593 Against all odds: Vital Few foster families
by Orme, John G. & Cherry, Donna J. & Brown, Jason D.
- 594-601 Perceptions of microaggression in K-8 school settings: An exploratory study
by Wintner, Suzanne & Almeida, Joanna & Hamilton-Mason, Johnnie
- 602-611 A systematic review of interventions to improve post-secondary educational outcomes among foster care alumni
by Randolph, Karen A. & Thompson, Heather
- 612-619 Recalcitrance, compliance and the presentation of self: Exploring the concept of organisational misbehaviour in an English local authority child protection service
by Leigh, Jadwiga
- 620-630 School readiness in the Midwest Child-Parent Center Expansion: A propensity score analysis of year 1 impacts
by Richardson, Brandt A. & Reynolds, Arthur J. & Temple, Judy A. & Smerillo, Nicole E.
2017, Volume 78, Issue C
- 1-8 Supervisor and policy roles in social media use as a new technology in child welfare
by Sage, Melanie & Wells, Melissa & Sage, Todd & Devlin, Mary
- 9-17 Privatization and subsidization of adoption services from foster care: Empirical evidence
by Deutsch, Joseph & Hakim, Simon & Spiegel, Uriel & Sumkin, Michael
- 18-22 Mental health referrals and treatment in a sample of youth in foster care
by Baker, Amy J.L. & Schneiderman, Mel & Licandro, Victoria
- 23-31 Racial/ethnic disparities in prior mental health service use among incarcerated adolescents
by Lee, Lewis Hyukseung & Goodkind, Sara & Shook, Jeffrey J.
- 32-40 “We are merchandise on a conveyer belt”: How young adults in the public child protection system perceive their participation in decisions about their care
by Križ, Katrin & Roundtree-Swain, Dakota
- 41-47 Coping with change: Using the Bridge's Transitions Framework with foster youth
by Nesmith, Ande
- 48-55 The plans, goals, and concerns of pre-emancipated youth in foster care
by Lemus, Daisy & Farruggia, Susan P. & Germo, Gary & Chang, Esther S.
- 56-63 Satisfactions and stressors experienced by recently-hired frontline child welfare workers
by Schelbe, Lisa & Radey, Melissa & Panisch, Lisa S.
- 64-73 Perceived value of a campus-based college support program by students who aged out of foster care
by Unrau, Yvonne A. & Dawson, Ann & Hamilton, Ronicka D. & Bennett, Jamie L.
- 74-80 The influence of strain factors, social control factors, self-control and computer use on adolescent cyber delinquency: Korean National Panel Study
by Bae, Sung Man
- 81-88 Public housing agency preferences for the homeless as a policy lever: Examining county-level housing subsidy receipt and maltreatment rates
by Warren, Emily J. & Drazen, Yonah N. & Curtis, Marah A.
- 89-92 The impact of family group decision-making on preventing removals
by Lambert, Matthew C. & Johnson, Leah E. & Wang, Eugene W.
- 93-103 Resilience among adult survivors of childhood neglect: A missing piece in the resilience literature
by Ben-David, Vered & Jonson-Reid, Melissa
- 104-111 “Being in a group with others who have mental illness makes all the difference”: The views and experiences of parents who attended a mental health parenting program
by Coates, Dominiek & Phelan, Ruth & Heap, Joanna & Howe, Deborah
- 112-121 Migrants' and natives' attitudes to formal childcare in the Netherlands, Denmark and Germany
by Seibel, Verena & Hedegaard, Troels Fage
- 122-128 Recruitment and retention of child welfare workers in longitudinal research: Successful strategies from the Florida Study of Professionals for Safe Families
by Wilke, Dina J. & Radey, Melissa & Langenderfer-Magruder, Lisa
- 129-141 The implications of social exclusion and low material resources on children's satisfaction with life domains: A study of 12year-olds in 13 countries
by Gross-Manos, Daphna
- 142-149 Exploring the legal representation of individuals in foster care: What say youth and alumni?
by Miller, J. Jay & Duron, Jackie & Washington, Earl & Donohue-Dioh, Jessica
- 150-160 Early truancy evaluation: Replication of an evaluation using a regression discontinuity design
by Thomas, Johanna M.
- 161-169 Determining risk for child physical harm through the classification of economic insecurity
by Conrad-Hiebner, Aislinn & Paschall, Katherine W.
- 170-176 American Indian income and father involvement with children in urban cities
by Saasa, Sherinah & Limb, Gordon E.
- 177-188 Exploring patterns of receipt of cash grants, health care, and education among 7–10year old children in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
by Gordon, Nia & Godfrey, Erin & Aber, J. Lawrence & Richter, Linda
2017, Volume 77, Issue C
- 1-9 Children referred to foster care, family-style group care, and residential care: (How) do they differ?
by Leloux-Opmeer, Harmke & Kuiper, Chris H.Z. & Swaab, Hanna T. & Scholte, Evert M.
- 10-17 Prevalence and predictors of smartphone addiction proneness among Korean adolescents
by Lee, Changho & Lee, Sook-Jung
- 18-26 Acculturation stress and social support for young refugees in regional areas
by Joyce, Lisa & Liamputtong, Pranee
- 27-33 Homelessness and aging out of foster care: A national comparison of child welfare-involved adolescents
by Fowler, Patrick J. & Marcal, Katherine E. & Zhang, Jinjin & Day, Orin & Landsverk, John
- 34-45 Understanding churn: Predictors of reentry among families who leave the child care subsidy program in Maryland
by Davis, Elizabeth E. & Krafft, Caroline & Forry, Nicole D.
- 46-54 Juvenile court judicial expertise and children's permanency outcomes
by Zinn, Andrew & Orlebeke, Britany
- 55-61 Aggressive and stressed? Youth's aggressive behaviors in light of their internet use, sensation seeking, stress and social feelings
by Piko, Bettina F. & Prievara, Dora K. & Mellor, David
- 69-75 Risk assessment in a multicultural context: Risk and protective factors in the decision to place children in foster care
by Grumi, Serena & Milani, Luca & Di Blasio, Paola
- 76-85 Latent subtypes of youth in psychiatric residential care
by Boel-Studt, Shamra M.
- 86-93 The education of children in care: Agency and resilience
by Berridge, David
- 94-100 Self-perception and relationship quality as mediators of father's school-specific involvement and adolescent's academic achievement
by Gordon, Mellissa S.
- 101-109 Residential mobility predicts behavioral problems for children living in non-parental care during the transition to kindergarten
by Schmitt, Sara A. & Pratt, Megan E. & Lipscomb, Shannon T.
- 110-117 Who stays, who goes, who knows? A state-wide survey of child welfare workers
by Griffiths, Austin & Royse, David & Culver, Kalee & Piescher, Kristine & Zhang, Yanchen
- 118-126 Adolescents' closeness to paternal grandmothers in the face of parents' divorce
by Attar-Schwartz, Shalhevet & Fuller-Thomson, Esme
- 127-138 The role of social media on positive youth development: An analysis of 4-H Facebook page and 4-H'ers' positive development
by Lee, Ah Ram & Suzanne Horsley, J.
- 139-146 Teachers' and parents' perceptions of the role of technology and digital media in developing child culture in the early years
by Ihmeideh, Fathi & Alkhawaldeh, Mustafa