Children and Youth Services Review
2015, Volume 51, Issue C
- 1-9 A bit more understanding: Young adults' views of mental health services in care in Ireland
by Tatlow-Golden, Mimi & McElvaney, Rosaleen
- 10-17 Exploring mental distress among immigrant mothers participating in parent training
by Bjørknes, Ragnhild & Larsen, Marit & Gwanzura-Ottemöller, Fungisai & Kjøbli, John
- 18-25 Climate factors related to intention to leave in administrators and clinical professionals
by Claiborne, Nancy & Auerbach, Charles & Zeitlin, Wendy & Lawrence, Catherine K.
- 26-35 Use of criminal justice language in personal narratives of out-of-school suspensions: Black students, caregivers, and educators
by Kayama, Misa & Haight, Wendy & Gibson, Priscilla A. & Wilson, Robert
- 36-43 The impact of organizational support on the transfer of learning to practice
by Futris, Ted G. & Schramm, David G. & Richardson, Evin W. & Lee, Tae Kyoung
- 44-54 “The love that I was missing”: Exploring the lived experience of motherhood among teen mothers in foster care
by Aparicio, Elizabeth & Pecukonis, Edward V. & O'Neale, Shalita
- 55-65 Does a nonresident parent have the right to make decisions for his nonmarital children?: Trends in legal custody among paternity cases
by Chen, Yiyu
- 74-86 Receipt of independent living services among older youth in foster care: An analysis of national data from the U.S
by Okpych, Nathanael J.
- 87-94 Patterns of child support debt accumulation
by Kim, Yeongmin & Cancian, Maria & Meyer, Daniel R.
- 95-100 “I want to be there when he graduates:” Foster parents show higher levels of commitment than group care providers
by Lo, Albert & Roben, Caroline K.P. & Maier, Collin & Fabian, Kimberly & Shauffer, Carole & Dozier, Mary
- 101-107 Are children susceptible to manipulation? The best interest of children and their testimony
by Clemente, Miguel & Padilla-Racero, Dolores
- 108-116 Mother–child and teacher–child relationships and their influences on Chinese only and non-only children's early social behaviors: The moderator role of urban–rural status
by Li, Yanfang & Liu, Lijun & Lv, Ying & Xu, Liangyuan & Wang, Yun & Huntsinger, Carol S.
- 117-124 Risk and protective factors for problem behaviors among youth in residential care
by Melkman, Eran
- 125-133 Looked after children and offending: An exploration of risk, resilience and the role of social cognition
by Schofield, Gillian & Biggart, Laura & Ward, Emma & Larsson, Birgit
2015, Volume 50, Issue C
- 3-11 The role of race, socioeconomic status, and System of Care services in placement decision-making
by Sieracki, Jeff H. & Fuller, Anne K. & Leon, Scott C. & Jhe Bai, Grace & Bryant, Fred
- 12-19 Improving Child rights in the Gulf: Expectations from the brand-new child law of Oman
by Tekin, Ali Kemal
- 20-27 Exploratory analysis of child protection mediation permanency placement outcomes
by Aguiniga, Donna M. & Madden, Elissa E. & Hawley, Alicia
- 28-37 The new mentality: Youth–adult partnerships in community mental health promotion
by Ramey, Heather L. & Rose-Krasnor, Linda
- 38-43 Continuity of care for youth in foster care with serious emotional disturbances
by Fontanella, Cynthia A. & Gupta, Lipi & Hiance-Steelesmith, Danielle L. & Valentine, Sedona
- 44-52 A structural equation model of the effects of diversity characteristics and inclusion on organizational outcomes in the child welfare workforce
by Hwang, Jeongha & Hopkins, Karen M.
- 53-63 Why should child welfare pay more attention to emotional maltreatment?
by English, Diana & Thompson, Richard & White, Catherine Roller & Wilson, Dee
- 64-74 The relationship among childhood risk and protective factors, racial microaggression and ethnic identity, and academic self-efficacy and antisocial behavior in young adulthood
by Forrest-Bank, Shandra S. & Jenson, Jeffery M.
- 75-82 Quasi-experimental study of Functional Family Therapy effectiveness for juvenile justice aftercare in a racially and ethnically diverse community sample
by Darnell, Adam J. & Schuler, Megan S.
- 83-87 Determinants of tobacco use among Korean female adolescents: Longitudinal test of the theory of triadic influence
by Chun, JongSerl
- 88-95 Predictors of discipline severity among at-risk toddlers
by Evans, Sara Z.
- 96-100 Comparing reports of suspected child maltreatment in states with and without Universal Mandated Reporting
by Krase, Kathryn S. & DeLong-Hamilton, Tobi A.
- 101-110 Household assets, academic expectations, and academic performance among Ghanaian junior high school students: Investigating mediation
by Ansong, David & Chowa, Gina A. & Sherraden, Michael
2015, Volume 49, Issue C
- 1-10 The characteristics of help seeking among Palestinian adolescents following exposure to community violence
by Leshem, Becky & Haj-Yahia, Muhammad M. & Guterman, Neil B.
- 11-19 Material hardship in families with children with health conditions: Implications for practice
by Stoddard-Dare, Patricia & DeRigne, LeaAnne & Quinn, Linda M. & Mallett, Christopher
- 20-31 Attachment intervention through peer-based interaction: Working with Istanbul's street boys in a university setting
by Bademci, H. Özden & Karadayı, E. Figen & de Zulueta, Felicity
- 32-38 Predictors of multiple arrests among homeless young adults: Gender differences
by Wachter, Karin & Thompson, Sanna J. & Bender, Kimberly & Ferguson, Kristin
- 39-47 Entrepreneurial development for U.S. minority homeless and unstably housed youth: A qualitative inquiry on value, barriers, and impact on health
by Jennings, Larissa & Shore, Deborah & Strohminger, Nancy & Allison, Burgundi
- 48-53 Does allocation to a control condition in a Randomized Controlled Trial affect the routine care foster parents receive?
by Van Holen, Frank & Vanderfaeillie, Johan & De Maeyer, Skrallan & Gypen, Laura
- 54-61 The role of self-care on compassion satisfaction, burnout and secondary trauma among child welfare workers
by Salloum, Alison & Kondrat, David C. & Johnco, Carly & Olson, Kayla R.
- 62-70 A longitudinal analysis of the effects of open enrollment on equity and academic achievement: Evidence from Minneapolis, Minnesota
by Hong, Saahoon & Choi, Wonseok
- 71-79 Orphanage caregivers' perceptions of children's emotional needs
by Bettmann, Joanna E. & Mortensen, Jamie M. & Akuoko, Kofi O.
2015, Volume 48, Issue C
- 1-13 Examining predictors of re-reports and recurrence of child maltreatment using two national data sources
by Casanueva, Cecilia & Tueller, Stephen & Dolan, Melissa & Testa, Mark & Smith, Keith & Day, Orin
- 14-19 Criminal conduct subgroups of “aging out” foster youth
by McMahon, Robert C. & Fields, Samantha A.
- 20-30 Problem behavior among older youth in foster care: Examining gender
by Farruggia, Susan P. & Germo, Gary R.
- 31-37 The unique relations between early homelessness and educational well-being: An empirical test of the Continuum of Risk Hypothesis
by Brumley, Benjamin & Fantuzzo, John & Perlman, Staci & Zager, Margaret L.
- 38-48 State-wide dissemination and implementation of parent–child interaction therapy (PCIT): Application of theory
by Beveridge, Ryan M. & Fowles, Timothy R. & Masse, Joshua J. & McGoron, Lucy & Smith, Marissa A. & Parrish, Brendt P. & Circo, Gina & Widdoes, Nancy
- 49-59 Child resilience in out-of-home care: Child welfare worker perspectives
by Bell, Tessa & Romano, Elisa
- 60-69 A national study of intimate partner violence risk among female caregivers involved in the child welfare system: The role of nativity, acculturation, and legal status
by Millett, Lina Sapokaite & Seay, Kristen D. & Kohl, Patricia L.
- 70-79 The longitudinal effects of after-school program experiences, quantity, and regulatable features on children's social–emotional development
by Wade, Christine E.
- 80-86 Cognitive and health-related outcomes after exposure to early malnutrition: The Leiden longitudinal study of international adoptees
by Schoenmaker, Christie & Juffer, Femmie & van IJzendoorn, Marinus H. & van den Dries, Linda & Linting, Mariëlle & van der Voort, Anja & Bakermans-Kranenburg, Marian J.
- 87-97 The justifications for terminating parental rights and adoption in the United States
by Tefre, Øyvind S.
- 98-110 A typology of supervision in child welfare: Multilevel latent class and confirmatory analyses of caseworker–supervisor relationship type
by Zinn, Andrew
- 111-116 Bridging the gap: The impact of home visiting programs for orphans and vulnerable children on social grant uptake in South Africa
by Thurman, Tonya R. & Kidman, Rachel & Taylor, Tory M.
- 117-125 Adopted children's country of origin and post-adoption parent–child relationship quality: Findings from the United States National Survey of Adoptive Parents (NSAP)
by Tan, Tony Xing & Major, Deborah & Marn, Travis & Na, Eunkyung & Jackson, Andrea L.
- 126-139 ‘Changing the way we do child protection’: The implementation of Signs of Safety® within the Western Australia Department for Child Protection and Family Support
by Salveron, Mary & Bromfield, Leah & Kirika, Clara & Simmons, Jane & Murphy, Terry & Turnell, Andrew
- 140-149 It's good to know that you got somebody that's not going anywhere: Attitudes and beliefs of older youth in foster care about child welfare-based natural mentoring
by Greeson, Johanna K.P. & Thompson, Allison E. & Ali, Samira & Wenger, Rebecca Stern
- 150-158 Association of caregiver social support with the safety, permanency, and well-being of children in child welfare
by Rajendran, Khushmand & Smith, Brenda D. & Videka, Lynn
- 159-166 Exploring the needs of parents for achieving reunification: The views of foster children, birth family and social workers in Spain
by Balsells, Maria Àngels & Pastor, Crescencia & Mateos, Ainoa & Vaquero, Eduard & Urrea, Aida
- 167-176 Markets, choice of kindergarten, mothers' care responsibilities, and the voucher scheme in Hong Kong
by Yuen, Gail
- 177-185 Peer connections as an intervention with children of families where a parent has a mental illness: Moving towards an understanding of the processes of change
by Grové, C. & Reupert, A. & Maybery, D.
- 186-191 Community perceptions and foster care placement: A multi-level analysis
by Rolock, Nancy & Jantz, Ian & Abner, Kristin
2014, Volume 47, Issue P3
- 187-197 Harvesting hardships: Educators’ views on the challenges of migrant students and their consequences on education
by Free, Janese L. & Križ, Katrin & Konecnik, Jenny
- 198-204 Context matters: Experimental evaluation of home-based tutoring for youth in foster care
by Zinn, Andrew & Courtney, Mark E.
- 205-213 Mentoring in the digital age: Social media use in adult–youth relationships
by Schwartz, Sarah E.O. & Rhodes, Jean E. & Liang, Belle & Sánchez, Bernadette & Spencer, Renée & Kremer, Sarah & Kanchewa, Stella
- 214-223 A meta-analysis of turnover intention predictors among U.S. child welfare workers
by Kim, Hyosu & Kao, Dennis
- 224-230 Participation in the National School Lunch Program and food security: An analysis of transitions into kindergarten
by Arteaga, Irma & Heflin, Colleen
- 231-238 Bullying victimization and conduct problems among high school students in Taiwan: Focus on fluid intelligence, mood symptoms and associated psychosocial adjustment
by Liu, Myriam Chia-Chien & Lan, Chen-Chia & Hsu, Ju-Wei & Huang, Kai-Lin & Chen, Ying-Sheue
- 239-245 Lessons from introducing a livelihood project for unaccompanied children into an existing child protection programme in the Dadaab refugee camps in Kenya
by Jones, Camilla & Hiddleston, Trish & McCormick, Christine
- 246-252 Unemployment insurance effects on child academic outcomes: Results from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth
by Kukla-Acevedo, Sharon & Heflin, Colleen M.
- 253-259 Seeing eye to eye or not? Young people's and child protection workers' perspectives on children's participation within the Dutch child protection and welfare services
by van Bijleveld, G.G. & Dedding, C.W.M. & Bunders-Aelen, J.F.G.
- 260-267 Cumulative jeopardy: How professional responses to evidence of abuse and neglect further jeopardise children's life chances by being out of kilter with timeframes for early childhood development
by Brown, Rebecca & Ward, Harriet
- 268-273 Effectiveness of mentorship program among underprivileged children in Hong Kong
by Ng, Eddie Chi Wai & Lai, Man Kin & Chan, Charles C.
- 274-282 The role of race in the Out-of-school suspensions of black students: The perspectives of students with suspensions, their parents and educators
by Gibson, Priscilla A. & Wilson, Robert & Haight, Wendy & Kayama, Misa & Marshall, Jane M.
- 283-290 Disentangling over-representation of parents with disabilities in the child welfare system: Exploring child maltreatment risk factors of parents with disabilities
by Lightfoot, Elizabeth & Slayter, Elspeth
- 291-296 Consumer satisfaction with private child and adolescent mental health services in Buenos Aires
by Bunge, Eduardo L. & Maglio, Ana L. & Musich, Francisco M. & Savage, Ceri
- 297-306 Education services and resilience processes: Resilient Black South African students' experiences
by Theron, Linda C. & Theron, Adam M.C.
- 307-313 Lives at risk: Uncovering factors associated with fatal child maltreatment
by Whitt-Woosley, Adrienne & Sprang, Ginny & Gustman, Brian D.
- 314-322 School practitioners' perspectives on planning, implementing, and evaluating evidence-based practices
by Maras, Melissa A. & Splett, Joni W. & Reinke, Wendy M. & Stormont, Melissa & Herman, Keith C.
- 323-333 Child abuse and neglect re-reports: Combining and comparing data from two national sources
by Dolan, Melissa & Casanueva, Cecilia & Smith, Keith & Day, Orin & Dowd, Kathryn
- 334-341 Parent–Child Interaction Therapy as an attachment-based intervention: Theoretical rationale and pilot data with adopted children
by Allen, Brian & Timmer, Susan G. & Urquiza, Anthony J.
- 342-351 The role of parental immigration status in Latino families' child care selection
by Ha, Yoonsook & Ybarra, Marci
- 352-361 Sense of meaningfulness, sources of meaning, and self-evaluation of economically disadvantaged youth in Hong Kong: implications for youth development programs
by To, Siu-ming & Tam, Hau-lin & Ngai, Steven Sek-yum & Sung, Wai-leung
- 362-369 Utilising a computer game as a therapeutic intervention for youth in residential care: Some preliminary findings on use and acceptability
by Aventin, Áine & Houston, Stan & Macdonald, Geraldine
- 370-377 The role of ‘embeddedness’ in the delivery of integrated children's services
by Watson, Debbie & Cameron, Ailsa & Aghtaie, Nadia
- 378-388 Siblings in foster care: A relational path to resilience for emancipated foster youth
by Richardson, Sabrina M. & Yates, Tuppett M.
- 389-396 Improving practice: The importance of connections in establishing positive identity and meaning in the lives of vulnerable young people
by Noble-Carr, Debbie & Barker, Justin & McArthur, Morag & Woodman, Elise
- 397-407 Child Welfare Workers’ Perspectives on Contributing Factors to Retention and Turnover: Recommendations for Improvement
by Johnco, Carly & Salloum, Alison & Olson, Kayla R. & Edwards, LaTishia M.
- 408-415 Child Protective Services and the Achievement Gap
by Piescher, Kristine & Colburn, Gregg & LaLiberte, Traci & Hong, Saahoon
- 416-427 Prevention of violence against children and psychosocial models of intervention: Network analysis of an inter-institutional service
by Como, Maria Rosaria & Trobia, Alberto & Manna, Giovanna
2014, Volume 47, Issue P2
- 105-112 Social transfers and child protection in the South
by Barrientos, Armando & Byrne, Jasmina & Peña, Paola & Villa, Juan Miguel
- 113-120 Can village savings and loan groups be a potential tool in the malnutrition fight? Mixed method findings from Mozambique
by Brunie, Aurélie & Fumagalli, Laura & Martin, Thomas & Field, Samuel & Rutherford, Diana
- 121-135 Tackling children's economic and psychosocial vulnerabilities synergistically: How well is the Palestinian National Cash Transfer Programme serving Gazan children?
by Abu-Hamad, Bassam & Jones, Nicola & Pereznieto, Paola
- 136-148 Reforming child institutional care in the Post-Soviet bloc: The potential role of family-based empowerment strategies
by Ismayilova, Leyla & Ssewamala, Fred & Huseynli, Aytakin
- 149-156 Livelihoods, economic strengthening, child protection and well-being in Western Uganda
by Katz, Benjamin & Chaffin, Josh & Alon, Inbal & Ager, Alastair
- 157-167 The impact of FDI on child labor: Insights from an empirical analysis of sectoral FDI data and case studies
by Doytch, Nadia & Thelen, Nina & Mendoza, Ronald U.
- 168-175 Can economic assets increase girls' risk of sexual harassment? Evaluation results from a social, health and economic asset-building intervention for vulnerable adolescent girls in Uganda
by Austrian, Karen & Muthengi, Eunice
- 176-181 Savings groups as a socioeconomic strategy to improve protection of moderately and critically vulnerable children in Uganda
by Lowicki-Zucca, Massimo & Walugembe, Patrick & Ogaba, Innocent & Langol, Saul
- 182-186 Reprint of “Family economic strengthening and parenting stress among caregivers of AIDS-orphaned children: Results from a cluster randomized clinical trial in Uganda”
by Nabunya, Proscovia & Ssewamala, Fred M. & Ilic, Vilma
2014, Volume 47, Issue P1
- 1-9 From risk assessment to risk management: Matching interventions to adolescent offenders' strengths and vulnerabilities
by Singh, Jay P. & Desmarais, Sarah L. & Sellers, Brian G. & Hylton, Tatiana & Tirotti, Melissa & Van Dorn, Richard A.
- 10-17 Infant risk and safety in the context of maternal substance use
by Tsantefski, Menka & Humphreys, Cathy & Jackson, Alun C.
- 18-26 Neuroscience and the risks of maltreatment
by Munro, Eileen & Musholt, Kristina
- 27-35 Strength-based practice and parental engagement in child welfare services: An empirical examination
by Kemp, Susan P. & Marcenko, Maureen O. & Lyons, Sandra J. & Kruzich, Jean M.
- 36-45 Family violence: Fathers assessing and managing their risk to children and women
by Pennell, Joan & Rikard, R.V. & Sanders-Rice, Tia
- 46-54 Child welfare services and risk of child maltreatment rereports: Do services ameliorate initial risk?
by Fuller, Tamara & Nieto, Martin
- 55-60 Meta-theoretical paradigms underpinning risk in child welfare: Towards a position of methodological pragmatism
by Houston, Stan
- 61-69 “You can run but you can't hide”: How formerly incarcerated young men navigate neighborhood risks
by Abrams, Laura S. & Terry, Diane L.
- 70-77 Theorising the signs of safety approach to child protection social work: Positioning, codes and power
by Keddell, Emily
- 78-85 Multi-agency risk assessment and management for children and families experiencing domestic violence
by Stanley, Nicky & Humphreys, Cathy
- 86-91 Another Pandora's box? Some pros and cons of predictive risk modeling
by de Haan, Irene & Connolly, Marie
- 92-101 Doing the right thing? (Re) Considering risk assessment and safety planning in child protection work with domestic violence cases
by Jenney, Angelique & Mishna, Faye & Alaggia, Ramona & Scott, Katreena
2014, Volume 46, Issue C
- 1-10 The psychological and behavioral outcomes of migrant and left-behind children in China
by Hu, Hongwei & Lu, Shuang & Huang, Chien-Chung
- 11-18 Improving pregnancy outcomes among high-risk mothers who abuse alcohol and drugs: Factors associated with subsequent exposed births
by Grant, Therese & Christopher Graham, J. & Ernst, Cara C. & Michelle Peavy, K. & Brown, Natalie Novick
- 19-27 Parenting stress among child welfare involved families: Differences by child placement
by Rodriguez-JenKins, Jessica & Marcenko, Maureen O.
- 28-37 Stress, coping and quality of life: An exploratory study of the psychological well-being of Ghanaian orphans placed in orphanages
by Salifu Yendork, J. & Somhlaba, Nceba Z.
- 38-46 Care leavers' challenges in transition to independent living
by Sulimani-Aidan, Yafit
- 47-54 A troubled group? Adolescents in a Canadian child welfare sample
by Fast, Elizabeth & Trocmé, Nico & Fallon, Barbara & Ma, Jennifer
- 55-63 Is participation in Head Start associated with less maternal spanking for boys and girls?
by Lee, RaeHyuck & Brooks-Gunn, Jeanne & Han, Wen-Jui & Waldfogel, Jane & Zhai, Fuhua
- 64-71 Do childhood experiences of neglect affect delinquency among child welfare involved-youth?
by Snyder, Susan M. & Merritt, Darcey H.
- 72-77 The social costs of child abuse in Japan
by Wada, Ichiro & Igarashi, Ataru
- 78-84 Experiences of youth who transition to adulthood out of care: Developing a theoretical framework
by Lee, Chris & Berrick, Jill Duerr
- 85-90 Relationship of risk assessment to placement characteristics in a statewide child welfare population
by Huang, Cindy Y. & Bory, Christopher T. & Caron, Colleen & Tebes, Jacob Kraemer & Connell, Christian M.
- 91-102 Child protection fathers' experiences of childhood, intimate partner violence and parenting
by Zanoni, Lee & Warburton, Wayne & Bussey, Kay & McMaugh, Anne
- 103-111 Justice, speed and thoroughness in child protection court proceedings: Messages from England
by Dickens, Jonathan & Beckett, Chris & Bailey, Sue
- 112-119 Juvenile offenders and experiences of neglect: The validity of the YLS/CMI with dual-status youth
by Onifade, Eyitayo & Barnes, Ashlee & Campbell, Christina & Anderson, Valerie & Petersen, Jodi & Davidson, William
- 120-127 Needs of foster parent resource workers
by Brown, Jason D. & Anderson, Landy & Rodgers, Julie
- 128-138 An ecological-systems inquiry into racial disproportionalities in out-of-school suspensions from youth, caregiver and educator perspectives
by Haight, Wendy & Gibson, Priscilla A. & Kayama, Misa & Marshall, Jane M. & Wilson, Robert
- 139-145 Differences in the early care and education needs of young children involved in child protection
by Kovan, Nikki & Mishra, Shweta & Susman-Stillman, Amy & Piescher, Kristine N. & LaLiberte, Traci
- 146-154 Application of the life course perspective in child welfare research
by White, Kevin R. & Wu, Qi
- 155-159 Maternal foster families provide more stable placements than paternal families
by Perry, Gretchen & Daly, Martin & Macfarlan, Shane
- 160-167 Youth-centred practice: Positive youth development practices and pathways to better outcomes for vulnerable youth
by Sanders, Jackie & Munford, Robyn
- 168-176 Factors influencing child care-related maternal work exits
by Liu, Meirong & Chen, Manrong & Anderson, Steven G.
- 177-185 Internalizing symptoms and safe sex intentions among adolescents in mental health treatment: Personal factors as mediators
by Joppa, Meredith C. & Rizzo, Christie J. & Brown, Larry K. & Hadley, Wendy & Dattadeen, Jodi-Ann & Donenberg, Geri & DiClemente, Ralph
- 186-194 More than two decades after adoption: Associations between infant attachment, early maternal sensitivity and the diurnal cortisol curve of adopted young adults
by van der Voort, Anja & Linting, Mariëlle & Juffer, Femmie & Schoenmaker, Christie & Bakermans-Kranenburg, Marian J. & van IJzendoorn, Marinus H.
- 195-202 Homeless youth's experiences with shelter and community care services: Differences between service types and the relationship to overall service quality
by Altena, Astrid M. & Beijersbergen, Mariëlle D. & Wolf, Judith R.L.M.
- 203-212 Outcomes of a coaching program for families with multiple problems in the Netherlands: A prospective study
by Tausendfreund, Tim & Knot-Dickscheit, Jana & Post, Wendy J. & Knorth, Erik J. & Grietens, Hans
- 213-219 The economic safety net for low-income families with children
by Slack, Kristen S. & Kim, Bomi & Yang, Mi-Youn & Berger, Lawrence M.
- 220-229 Hierarchies of child maltreatment types at different perceived severity levels in European Americans, Korean Americans, and Koreans
by Lee, Yoona & Malley-Morrison, Kathleen & Jang, Mikyung & Watson, Malcolm W.
- 230-237 Re-entry among former foster youth in early adulthood: Findings from illinois
by Havlicek, Judy & Peters, Clark M.
- 238-247 Evaluation of an existing parenting class within a women's state correctional facility and a parenting class modeled from Parent–Child Interaction Therapy
by Scudder, Ashley T. & McNeil, Cheryl B. & Chengappa, Karishma & Costello, Amanda H.
- 248-256 Male kinship caregivers: Do they differ from their female counterparts?
by Denby, Ramona W. & Brinson, Jesse A. & Cross, Chad L. & Bowmer, Allison
- 257-264 Risk of maltreatment recurrence after exiting substitute care: Impact of placement characteristics
by Hélie, Sonia & Poirier, Marie-Andrée & Turcotte, Daniel
- 265-275 The factors associated with child welfare professionals' application of relationship education
by Scarrow, Andrea & Futris, Ted G. & Fuhrman, Nicholas E.
- 276-284 Changes in treatment engagement of youths and families with complex needs
by Becker, Kimberly D. & Kiser, Laurel J. & Herr, Steven R. & Stapleton, Laura M. & Barksdale, Crystal L. & Buckingham, Sara
- 285-293 Implementation of an evidence-based intervention to reduce long-term foster care: Practitioner perceptions of key challenges and supports
by Akin, Becci A. & Mariscal, Susana E. & Bass, Linda & McArthur, Vickie Burgess & Bhattarai, Jackie & Bruns, Kimberly
- 294-299 The importance and benefits of youth participation in mental health settings from the perspective of the headspace Gosford Youth Alliance in Australia
by Coates, Dominiek & Howe, Deborah
- 300-314 Gender differences in the impact of weight status on academic performance: Evidence from adolescents in Taiwan
by Lu, Yu-Lung & Chou, Stephen Jui-Hsien & Lin, Eric S.
- 315-324 Child welfare and mental health: Facilitators of and barriers to connecting children and youths in out-of-home care with effective mental health treatment
by Kerns, Suzanne E.U. & Pullmann, Michael D. & Putnam, Barbara & Buher, Anne & Holland, Sarah & Berliner, Lucy & Silverman, Ellen & Payton, Lin & Fourre, LaRessa & Shogren, Dae & Trupin, Eric W.
2014, Volume 45, Issue C
- 9-17 Responding to adolescents living with HIV in Zambia: A social–ecological approach
by Mburu, Gitau & Ram, Mala & Oxenham, Danielle & Haamujompa, Choolwe & Iorpenda, Kate & Ferguson, Laura
- 18-27 If you build it, will they come? A qualitative investigation into community barriers to accessing paediatric HIV services in Kenya
by Schenk, Katie D. & Kiragu, Karusa & Murugi, Julie & Sarna, Avina
- 28-37 “Life is not a rehearsal, it's a performance”: An ethnographic enquiry into the subjectivities of children and adolescents living with antiretroviral treatment in northeastern Tanzania
by Mattes, Dominik
- 38-46 Spaces for talking: Communication patterns of children on antiretroviral therapy in Uganda
by Kajubi, Phoebe & Bagger, Stine & Katahoire, Anne R. & Kyaddondo, David & Whyte, Susan R.
- 47-54 “Without the grandparents, life is difficult”: Social hierarchy and therapeutic trajectories for children living with HIV in rural Northern Malawi
by Sikstrom, Laura
- 55-63 Hear our voices: A Photovoice project with children who are orphaned and living with HIV in a Ugandan group home
by Fournier, Bonnie & Bridge, Andrea & Pritchard Kennedy, Andrea & Alibhai, Arif & Konde-Lule, Joseph
- 64-73 Effects of HIV prevention messages on treatment-seeking and adherence for HIV-infected children in Maputo, Mozambique: A qualitative study
by Class, Deena M.
- 74-89 Developmental challenges in HIV infected children—An updated systematic review
by Sherr, Lorraine & Croome, Natasha & Parra Castaneda, Katherine & Bradshaw, Katie & Herrero Romero, Rocio
- 90-97 Child development in HIV-positive and HIV-affected children in South Africa and Malawi—What role for community organisations?
by Skeen, Sarah & Tomlinson, Mark & Macedo, Ana & Miltz, Ada & Croome, Natasha & Sherr, Lorraine
- 98-105 Improving HIV testing amongst adolescents through an integrated Youth Centre rewards program: Insights from South Africa
by Black, Samantha & Wallace, Melissa & Middelkoop, Keren & Robbertze, Dante & Bennie, Thola & Wood, Robin & Bekker, Linda-Gail
- 106-113 “I don't feel shy because I will be among others who are just like me…”: The role of support groups for children perinatally infected with HIV in Zimbabwe
by Mupambireyi, Zivai & Bernays, Sarah & Bwakura-Dangarembizi, Mutsa & Cowan, Frances M.
- 114-121 Preliminary results from Hlanganani (Coming Together): A structured support group for HIV-infected adolescents piloted in Cape Town, South Africa
by Snyder, Kate & Wallace, Melissa & Duby, Zoe & Aquino, Lisa D.H. & Stafford, Stephen & Hosek, Sybil & Futterman, Donna & Bekker, Linda-Gail
- 122-128 Addressing the sexual and reproductive health needs of young adolescents living with HIV in South Africa
by Vujovic, Marnie & Struthers, Helen & Meyersfeld, Saranne & Dlamini, Kgethi & Mabizela, Nhlanhla
- 129-136 “My story”—HIV positive adolescents tell their story through film
by Willis, N. & Frewin, L. & Miller, A. & Dziwa, C. & Mavhu, W. & Cowan, F.
- 137-142 Meeting the needs of adolescents living with HIV through home based care: Lessons learned from Tanzania
by Busza, Joanna & Besana, Giulia V.R. & Mapunda, Pasiens & Oliveras, Elizabeth
- 143-149 Disclosure of HIV status to HIV-infected children in a large African treatment center: Lessons learned in Botswana
by Lowenthal, Elizabeth D. & Jibril, Haruna B. & Sechele, Mmapula L. & Mathuba, Keofentse & Tshume, Ontibile & Anabwani, Gabriel M.
- 150-157 The development of HIV-related mental health and psychosocial services for children and adolescents in Zambia: The case for learning by doing
by Strasser, Susan & Gibbons, Sue
- 160-163 ‘Getting to Zero’: The policy role of social determinants of health as they relate to children and youth living with HIV in sub-Saharan Africa
by Belton, Sara & Skovdal, Morten
2014, Volume 44, Issue C
- 1-8 Factors impacting perceptions of organizational cultural competence in voluntary child welfare
by Zeitlin, Wendy
- 9-15 Examining maternal and paternal involvement as promotive factors of competence in African American children in informal kinship care
by Washington, Tyreasa & Cryer-Coupet, Qiana R. & Coakley, Tanya M. & Labban, Jeffery & Gleeson, James P. & Shears, Jeffery
- 16-19 Judicial case management in predicting length of stay in foster care
by Beal, Sarah J. & Wingrove, Twila & Weisz, Victoria
- 20-24 Investigating the impact of teenage mentors on pre-school children's development: A comparison using control groups
by Humphrey, Kirsty & Olivier, Alessandra
- 25-32 Parental school involvement as a moderator of the association between peer victimization and academic performance
by Fite, Paula J. & Cooley, John L. & Williford, Anne & Frazer, Andrew & DiPierro, Moneika
- 33-45 The location of placement and juvenile delinquency: Do neighborhoods matter in child welfare?
by Huang, Hui & Ryan, Joseph P.
- 46-55 Aggression in school and family contexts among youngsters with special needs: Qualitative and quantitative evidence from the TranSpace project
by Musil, Bojan & Tement, Sara & Vukman, Karin Bakracevic & Sostaric, Ajda
- 56-64 Understanding worker–parent engagement in child protection casework
by Gladstone, James & Dumbrill, Gary & Leslie, Bruce & Koster, Andrew & Young, Michelle & Ismaila, Afisi
- 65-71 Correlates of academic performance among school-age African American males in public housing
by Nebbitt, Von Eugene & Lombe, Margaret & Lavelle‐McKay, Cassandra & Sinha, Aakanksha
- 72-81 The disparate impact of alcohol, methamphetamine, and other drugs on family reunification
by Lloyd, Margaret H. & Akin, Becci A.
- 82-89 Public attitudes toward government responsibility for child care: The impact of individual characteristics and welfare regimes
by Guo, Jing & Gilbert, Neil
- 90-99 Racial variations in the link between domestic violence and children's behavioral outcomes
by Yoo, Jeong Ah
- 100-107 Subjective well-being and perceptions of safety among Jewish and Arab children in Israel
by Ben-Arieh, Asher & Shimon, Edna
- 108-113 Programmatic effects to modify sources of financial support among Hispanic teenage mothers
by Smith, Matthew Lee & Wilson, Kelly L.
- 114-119 Families in waiting: Adult stakeholder perceptions of family court
by Shdaimah, Corey & Summers, Alicia
- 120-125 Correlates of gang involvement and health-related factors among African American females with a detention history
by Voisin, Dexter R. & King, Kelly M. & Diclemente, Ralph J. & Carry, Monique
- 126-134 A multi-level analysis of school racial composition and ecological correlates of academic success
by Hopson, Laura M. & Lee, Eunju & Tang, Ning
- 135-144 Does policy matter? The effect of increasing child care subsidy policy generosity on program outcomes
by Weber, Roberta B. & Grobe, Deana & Davis, Elizabeth E.
- 145-151 Meeting the mental health needs of homeless students in schools: A Multi-Tiered System of Support framework
by Sulkowski, Michael L. & Michael, Kurt
- 152-162 Empowering children with safety-skills: An evaluation of the Kidpower Everyday Safety-Skills Program
by Brenick, Alaina & Shattuck, Julie & Donlan, Alice & Duh, Shinchieh & Zurbriggen, Eileen L.
- 163-170 Parenting While Incarcerated: Tailoring the Strengthening Families Program for use with jailed mothers
by Miller, Alison L. & Weston, Lauren E. & Perryman, Jamie & Horwitz, Talia & Franzen, Susan & Cochran, Shirley
- 171-180 The reasons why children work on the streets: A sample from Turkey
by Mert, Kader & Kadıoğlu, Hasibe
- 181-188 The organizational structure of child welfare: Staff are working hard, but it is hardly working
by Blome, Wendy Whiting & Steib, Sue D.
- 189-200 Nativity and immigration status among Latino families involved in the child welfare system: Characteristics, risk, and maltreatment
by Cardoso, Jodi Berger & Dettlaff, Alan J. & Finno-Velasquez, Megan & Scott, Jennifer & Faulkner, Monica
- 201-206 Permanency outcomes for toddlers in child welfare two years after a randomized trial of a parenting intervention
by Spieker, Susan J. & Oxford, Monica L. & Fleming, Charles B.
- 207-216 Mental health and associated risk factors of Dutch school aged foster children placed in long-term foster care
by Maaskant, Anne M. & van Rooij, Floor B. & Hermanns, Jo M.A.
- 217-224 Studying the playbook: Which pathways mediate relationships between sports team participation and health-risk behaviors among alternative high school students?
by Johnson, Karen E. & Bearinger, Linda H. & Eisenberg, Marla E. & Fulkerson, Jayne A. & Sieving, Renee E. & Lando-King, Elizabeth A.
- 225-232 Profiles of needs of children in out-of-home care in Singapore: School performance, behavioral and emotional needs as well as risk behaviors
by Liu, Denise & Tan, Michelle Yan Ling & Lim, Amber Yann-Yu & Chu, Chi Meng & Tan, Li Jen & Quah, Saw Han
- 233-242 Implementation of a workforce initiative to build trauma-informed child welfare practice and services: Findings from the Massachusetts Child Trauma Project
by Fraser, Jenifer Goldman & Griffin, Jessica L. & Barto, Beth L. & Lo, Charmaine & Wenz-Gross, Melodie & Spinazzola, Joseph & Bodian, Ruth A. & Nisenbaum, Jan M. & Bartlett, Jessica Dym
- 243-248 Improving youth mental health through family-based prevention in family homeless shelters
by Lynn, Cynthia J. & Acri, Mary C. & Goldstein, Leah & Bannon, William & Beharie, Nisha & McKay, Mary M.
- 249-255 If only I, they, we had done things differently: Young people talk about school difficulties and crime
by Moore, Tim & McArthur, Morag
- 256-264 Cumulative bullying victimization: An investigation of the dose–response relationship between victimization and the associated mental health outcomes, social supports, and school experiences of rural adolescents
by Evans, Caroline B.R. & Smokowski, Paul R. & Cotter, Katie L.
- 265-277 A systematic review of associations between perpetration of physically violent behaviors and property offenses, victimization and use of substances among homeless youth
by Heerde, Jessica A. & Hemphill, Sheryl A.
- 278-287 Family reunification for placed children in Québec, Canada: A longitudinal study
by Esposito, Tonino & Trocmé, Nico & Chabot, Martin & Collin-Vézina, Delphine & Shlonsky, Aron & Sinha, Vandna
- 288-298 Results from a randomized trial of the Healthy Families Oregon accredited statewide program: Early program impacts on parenting
by Green, Beth L. & Tarte, Jerod M. & Harrison, Paige M. & Nygren, Margaret & Sanders, Mary Beth
- 299-306 Family feedback in Child Welfare Services: A systematic review of measures
by Ayala-Nunes, Lara & Jiménez, Lucía & Hidalgo, Victoria & Jesus, Saul
- 307-316 Public assistance receipt among older youth exiting foster care
by Byrne, Thomas & Stephen, Metraux & Kim, Minseop & Culhane, Dennis P. & Moreno, Manuel & Toros, Halil & Stevens, Max
- 317-327 Complex inequality: A contextual parenting framework for Latino infants
by Rodriguez-JenKins, Jessica
- 328-333 Measuring adolescent resilience: An examination of the cross-ethnic validity of the RS-14
by Pritzker, Suzanne & Minter, Anthony
- 334-340 Emotional competences of adolescents in residential care: Analysis of emotional difficulties for intervention
by Oriol, Xavier & Sala-Roca, Josefina & Filella, Gemma