Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:cysrev. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/childyouth .
2018, Volume 85, Issue C
- 1-8 Extracurricular activity participation and educational outcomes among older youth transitioning from foster care
by White, Tony & Scott, Lionel D. & Munson, Michelle R.
- 9-18 Perceived family economic hardship and student engagement among junior high schoolers in Ghana
by Ansong, David & Okumu, Moses & Hamilton, Eric R. & Chowa, Gina A. & Eisensmith, Sarah R.
- 19-25 A comparison of outcomes for children and youth in foster and residential group care across agencies
by Portwood, Sharon G. & Boyd, Suzanne A. & Nelson, Ellissa Brooks & Murdock, Tamera B. & Hamilton, Jessica & Miller, Angela D.
- 26-34 Perceived self-stigma in the utilization of mental health services in foster care and post foster care among foster care alumni
by Villagrana, Margarita & Guillen, Cindy & Macedo, Vanessa & Lee, Sei-Young
- 35-42 Why youth run: Assessing run function to stabilize foster care placement
by Crosland, Kimberly & Joseph, Ruby & Slattery, Lindsey & Hodges, Sharon & Dunlap, Glen
- 43-52 Authors of accountability: Paperwork and social work in contemporary child welfare practice
by Gibson, Katherine & Samuels, Gina & Pryce, Julia
- 53-62 Distal and experiential perspectives of relationship quality from mentors, mentees, and program staff in a school-based youth mentoring program
by Dutton, Hilary & Deane, Kelsey L. & Bullen, Pat
- 63-71 Parent perspectives on adoption preparation: Findings from the Modern Adoptive Families project
by Lee, Bethany R. & Kobulsky, Julia M. & Brodzinsky, David & Barth, Richard P.
- 72-80 Educational risk, recidivism, and service access among youth involved in both the child welfare and juvenile justice systems
by Hirsch, Rebecca A. & Dierkhising, Carly B. & Herz, Denise C.
- 81-90 Harnessing the potential of administrative data to inform child welfare programming with dynamic visualization methodologies
by Tanana, Michael J. & Vanderloo, Mindy J. & Waid, Jeffrey D.
- 91-98 The voices of survivors: An exploration of the contributing factors that assisted with exiting from commercial sexual exploitation in childhood
by Corbett, Annie
- 99-106 Health, social integration and social support: The lived experiences of young Middle-Eastern refugees living in Melbourne, Australia
by Liamputtong, Pranee & Kurban, Hala
- 107-116 The impact of the social context on externalizing risks – Implications for the delivery of programs to vulnerable youth
by Sanders, Jackie & Munford, Robyn & Boden, Joseph
- 117-126 The impact of childhood stressful life events on health and behavior in at-risk youth
by Roberts, Yvonne Humenay & English, Diana & Thompson, Richard & White, Catherine Roller
- 127-136 Factors that influence parent recruitment into prevention programs in early childhood: A concept map of parents', practitioners', and administrators' points of view
by Houle, Andrée-Anne & Besnard, Thérèse & Bérubé, Annie & Dagenais, Christian
- 137-142 Risk-need-responsivity model: Contrasting criminogenic and noncriminogenic needs in high and low risk juvenile offenders
by Basanta, Juan Luis & Fariña, Francisca & Arce, Ramón
- 143-150 Analysing social networks for social work practice: A case study of the Facebook fan page of an online youth outreach project
by Chan, Chitat
- 151-157 Are there population biases against migrant children? An experimental analysis of attitudes towards corporal punishment in Austria, Norway and Spain
by Helland, Hege Stein & Križ, Katrin & Sánchez-Cabezudo, Sagrario Segado & Skivenes, Marit
- 158-164 Children's subjective well-being in rural communities of South Korea and the United States
by Lawler, Michael J. & Choi, Changyong & Yoo, Joan & Lee, Juyeon & Roh, Soonhee & Newland, Lisa A. & Giger, Jarod T. & Sudhagoni, Ramu & Brockevelt, Barbara L. & Lee, Bong Joo
- 165-173 An examination of class-based visibility bias in national child maltreatment reporting
by Kim, Hyunil & Drake, Brett & Jonson-Reid, Melissa
- 174-186 Preventing child sexual abuse (CSA) in ethnic minority communities: A literature review and suggestions for practice in Australia
by Sawrikar, Pooja & Katz, Ilan
- 187-193 SafeCare in Israel: The challenges of implementing an evidence-based program
by Oppenheim-Weller, Shani & Zeira, Anat
- 194-201 Parental involvement among Jewish and Arab parents: Patterns and contextual predictors
by Freund, Anat & Schaedel, Bruria & Azaiza, Faisal & Boehm, Amnon & Lazarowitz, Rachel Hertz
- 202-210 Coordination of early childhood home visiting and health care providers
by Paradis, Heather A. & Belknap, Amanda & O'Neill, Kay M.G. & Baggett, Sally & Minkovitz, Cynthia S.
- 211-218 Foster parents exposed to political violence: The role of social support in addressing emotional and functional difficulties
by Gilbar, Ohad & Benbenishty, Rami & Schiff, Miriam & Dekel, Rachel
- 219-227 Does job control buffer work demands' detrimental impact on public child welfare case managers' affective well-being? Extending the nonlinear demand-linear control model
by Preston, Mark S.
- 228-238 How do refugee children experience their new situation in England and Denmark? Implications for educational policy and practice
by O'Toole Thommessen, Sara Amalie & Todd, Brenda K.
- 239-244 Who is accessing family mental health programs? Demographic differences before and after system reform
by Hamovitch, Emily K. & Acri, Mary C. & Bornheimer, Lindsay A.
- 245-252 Ecologies of risk among African American girls in juvenile detention
by Logan-Greene, Patricia & Kim, B.K. Elizabeth & Quinn, Camille R. & DiClemente, Ralph & Voisin, Dexter
- 253-263 Unequal returns: Intragenerational asset accumulation differs by net worth in early adulthood
by Elliott, William & Rauscher, Emily & Nam, Ilsung
- 264-272 Substance use in youth adopted from foster care: Developmental mechanisms of risk
by Blake, Austin J. & Tung, Irene & Langley, Audra K. & Waterman, Jill M.
- 273-278 Barriers and facilitators for access to mental health services by traumatized youth
by Damian, April Joy & Gallo, Joseph J. & Mendelson, Tamar
- 279-286 Testing the ‘overburdening’ hypothesis: Do work and school attendance together place youth transitioning from care at risk for negative housing outcomes?
by Reynolds, Andrew D. & Hasson, Robert G. & Crea, Thomas M.
- 287-294 A descriptive analysis of programs serving foster care alumni in higher education: Challenges and opportunities
by Geiger, Jennifer M. & Piel, Megan Hayes & Day, Angelique & Schelbe, Lisa
- 295-306 Initial elementary education findings from Promise Indiana's Children's savings account program
by Elliott, William & Kite, Benjamin & O'Brien, Megan & Lewis, Melinda & Palmer, Ashley
- 307-318 Pre-adoption adversities and adoptees' outcomes: The protective role of post-adoption variables in an Italian experience of domestic open adoption
by Balenzano, Caterina & Coppola, Gabrielle & Cassibba, Rosalinda & Moro, Giuseppe
- 319-325 Intensive home-based programs for youth with serious emotional disturbances: A comprehensive review of experimental findings
by Moffett, Samantha & Brotnow, Line & Patel, Anisha & Adnopoz, Jean & Woolston, Joseph
- 326-332 Teens' and parents' perceived levels of helpfulness: An examination of suggested “things to say” to youth experiencing Teen Dating Violence
by Preble, Kathleen M. & Black, Beverly M. & Weisz, Arlene N.
- 333-340 A path analysis of a cultural and racial socialization model in international transracial adoption: Racial awareness, self-efficacy, and socialization practices
by Lee, Jaegoo & Vonk, M. Elizabeth & Han, Jisu & Jung, Soyeon
2018, Volume 84, Issue C
- 1-8 The impact of early childbirth on socioeconomic outcomes and risk indicators of females transitioning out of foster care
by Shpiegel, Svetlana & Cascardi, Michele
- 9-16 Service and policy considerations when working with highly mobile homeless youth: Perspectives from the frontlines
by Aykanian, Amanda
- 17-25 The experience with independent living services for youth in care and those formerly in care
by Thompson, Heather M. & Wojciak, Armeda Stevenson & Cooley, Morgan E.
- 26-34 Child and adolescent maltreatment as a mediator of continuity in callous-unemotional traits and low self-control
by Walters, Glenn D.
- 35-39 Conceptualizing effective interventions for smartphone addiction among Korean female adolescents
by Chun, JongSerl
- 40-47 Care order templates as institutional scripts in child protection: A cross-system analysis
by Berrick, Jill Duerr & Dickens, Jonathan & Pösö, Tarja & Skivenes, Marit
- 48-54 Thirty years on … the social representation of AIDS among French teenagers
by Gaymard, Sandrine & Cazenave, Camille
- 55-67 Estimating minimum adequate foster care costs for children in the United States
by Ahn, Haksoon & DePanfilis, Diane & Frick, Kevin & Barth, Richard P.
- 68-75 Sticking with us through it all: The importance of trustworthy relationships for children and young people in residential care
by Moore, Tim & McArthur, Morag & Death, Jodi & Tilbury, Clare & Roche, Steven
- 76-81 Unmet legal and social advocacy needs of children with sickle cell disease: Implications for health care payer costs
by Sonik, Rajan A. & Teasdale, Sarah & Parish, Susan L. & Champigny, Maria & Sprinz, Philippa G.
- 82-85 An investigation of the association between foster care, body image, and BMI: A propensity score analysis
by Ramseyer Winter, Virginia & Combs, Katie Massey & Ward, Michaella
- 86-93 Racial and ethnic differences in patterns of adolescent tobacco users: A latent class analysis
by Choi, Hye Jeong & Yu, Mansoo & Sacco, Paul
- 94-102 Childhood risk factors for disability pension among adult former Swedish child welfare clients: Same or different as for majority population peers?
by Brännström, Lars & Karlsson, Henrik & Vinnerljung, Bo & Hjern, Anders
- 103-109 Education, socialization and community: Coping with marginal youth in rural frontier communities in Israel
by Friedman, Shimi & Billig, Miriam
- 110-117 The impact of a statewide trauma-informed care initiative in child welfare on the well-being of children and youth with complex trauma
by Bartlett, Jessica Dym & Griffin, Jessica L. & Spinazzola, Joseph & Fraser, Jenifer Goldman & Noroña, Carmen Rosa & Bodian, Ruth & Todd, Marybeth & Montagna, Crystaltina & Barto, Beth
- 118-124 Remaining home: Well-being outcomes and co-occurring parental substance use following a maltreatment investigation in middle childhood
by Orsi, Rebecca & Brown, Samantha M. & Knight, Kelly E. & Shillington, Audrey M.
- 125-136 Concurrent child history and contextual predictors of children's internalizing and externalizing behavior problems in foster care
by Perry, Kristin J. & Price, Joseph M.
- 137-142 Exploring the self-care practices of child welfare workers: A research brief
by Miller, J. Jay & Donohue-Dioh, Jessica & Niu, Chunling & Shalash, Nada
- 143-151 The impact of the positive action program on substance use, aggression, and psychological functioning: Is school climate a mechanism of change?
by Stalker, Katie Cotter & Wu, Qi & Evans, Caroline B.R. & Smokowski, Paul R.
- 152-158 Key factors and characteristics of successful resource parents who care for older youth: A systematic review of research
by Day, Angelique & Willis, Tamarie & Vanderwill, Lori & Resko, Stella & Patterson, Debra & Henneman, Kris & Cohick, Sue
- 159-167 Instability in the lives of foster and nonfoster youth: Mental health impediments and attachment insecurities
by Bederian-Gardner, Daniel & Hobbs, Sue D. & Ogle, Christin M. & Goodman, Gail S. & Cordón, Ingrid M. & Bakanosky, Sarah & Narr, Rachel & Chae, Yoojin & Chong, Jia Y.
- 168-175 The relationships among family income, parental depression, and adolescent aggression in South Korea: A latent growth mediation model
by Kim, Dong Ha & Um, Myung-Yong
- 176-184 The implementation of SPARX-R computerized mental health program in alternative education: Exploring the factors contributing to engagement and dropout
by Kuosmanen, T. & Fleming, T.M. & Barry, M.M.
- 185-192 Is child protective services effective?
by Russell, Jesse Rio & Kerwin, Colleen & Halverson, Julie L.
- 193-197 Examining exposure to adverse childhood experiences and later outcomes of poor physical and mental health among South Carolina adults
by Crouch, Elizabeth & Strompolis, Melissa & Radcliff, Elizabeth & Srivastav, Aditi
- 198-205 Feasibility of Internet-based parent training for low-income parents of young children
by McGoron, Lucy & Hvizdos, Erica & Bocknek, Erika L. & Montgomery, Erica & Ondersma, Steven J.
- 206-214 Parent-Child Interaction Therapy and young children with Problematic Sexual Behavior: A conceptual overview and treatment considerations
by Shawler, Paul M. & Elizabeth Bard, M. & Taylor, Erin K. & Wilsie, Carisa & Funderburk, Beverly & Silovsky, Jane F.
- 215-221 Cyberbullying victimization and fatalism in adolescence: Resilience as a moderator
by Navarro, Raúl & Yubero, Santiago & Larrañaga, Elisa
- 222-228 Services use by children and parents in multiproblem families
by Pannebakker, Noortje M. & Kocken, Paul L. & Theunissen, Meinou H.C. & van Mourik, Krista & Crone, Matty R. & Numans, Mattijs E. & Reijneveld, Sijmen A.
- 229-238 “Project awareness:” Fostering social justice youth development to counter youth experiences of housing instability, trauma and injustice
by Aviles, Ann M. & Grigalunas, Nicole
- 239-246 Peer mentoring services, opportunities, and outcomes for child welfare families with substance use disorders
by Huebner, Ruth A. & Hall, Martin T. & Smead, Erin & Willauer, Tina & Posze, Lynn
- 247-254 Sibling relationships of youth in foster care: A predictor of resilience
by Wojciak, Armeda Stevenson & McWey, Lenore M. & Waid, Jeffery
- 255-270 Youth participation in foster youth advisory boards: Perspectives of facilitators
by Havlicek, Judy & Curry, Ashley & Villalpando, Fabiola
2017, Volume 83, Issue C
- 1-8 Validating the Job Satisfaction Survey in voluntary child welfare
by Li, Yong & Huang, Hui
- 9-16 Youth firearm suicide: Precipitating/risk factors and gun access
by Choi, Namkee G. & DiNitto, Diana M. & Marti, C. Nathan
- 17-24 Federally-funded transitional living programs and services for LGBTQ-identified homeless youth: A profile in unmet need
by Prock, Kristen A. & Kennedy, Angie C.
- 25-32 Gender differences in pathways from physical and sexual abuse to early substance use
by Kobulsky, Julia M.
- 33-40 Individual indicators of self-reported victimization among elementary school-age students: A latent class analysis
by Moses, Mindi & Williford, Anne
- 41-47 Longitudinal reciprocal effects between peer relationship difficulties and aggressive behaviors in Korean adolescents
by Kim, Soyoun & Nho, Choong Rai
- 48-56 An evaluation of a Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) program in the rural south
by Felix, Shanna N. & Agnich, Laura E. & Schueths, April
- 57-67 Conceptualizing on-campus support programs for collegiate foster youth and alumni: A plan for action
by Jay Miller, J. & Benner, Kalea & Kheibari, Athena & Washington, Earl
- 68-79 Wilderness therapy, therapeutic camping and adventure education in child and youth care literature: A scoping review
by Harper, Nevin J.
- 80-84 Childhood trauma and risk for suicidal distress in justice-involved children
by Johnson, Micah E.
- 85-100 Social ecology and adolescent bullying: Filtering risky environments through antisocial personality
by Farrell, Ann H. & Volk, Anthony A.
- 101-111 We're not rich, but we're definitely not poor: Young children's conceptions of social class
by Rauscher, Emily & Friedline, Terri & Banerjee, Mahasweta
- 112-118 Police and social work preventions of offending among at-risk youth in Shanghai
by Cheung, Chau-kiu
- 119-130 The team as a secure base: Promoting resilience and competence in child and family social work
by Biggart, Laura & Ward, Emma & Cook, Laura & Schofield, Gillian
- 131-136 The role of attachment classification on disclosure of self and rater-reported adverse childhood experiences in a sample of child welfare professionals
by Hiles Howard, Amanda R. & Razuri, Erin Becker & Copeland, Rachel & Call, Casey & Nunez, Marisa & Cross, David R.
- 137-145 Foster home integration as a temporal indicator of relational well-being
by Waid, Jeffrey & Kothari, Brianne H. & McBeath, Bowen M. & Bank, Lew
- 146-158 Project SET-Bullying: Exploring the relationship between the effectiveness of school-based anti-bullying interventions and time
by Chalamandaris, Alexandros-Georgios & Wilmet-Dramaix, Michèle & Robert, Annie & Ertesvåg, Sigrun Karin & Eslea, Mike & Senterre, Christelle & Piette, Danielle
- 159-167 Concept mapping the needs of grandmothers who take care of their grandchildren in formal foster care in Flanders
by Van Holen, Frank & Van Loock, Julie & Belenger, Laurence & Vanderfaeillie, Johan
- 168-178 Early care and education arrangements and young children's risk of foster placement: Findings from a National Child Welfare Sample
by Klein, Sacha & Fries, Lauren & Emmons, Mary M.
- 179-189 Examining rates and risk factors for post-order adoption disruption in England and Wales through survival analyses
by Wijedasa, Dinithi & Selwyn, Julie
- 190-200 Development of children's understandings of physical disabilities and stigmatization in a Japanese cultural context: Reflections of children in second through sixth grades
by Kayama, Misa
- 209-217 Educational stability policy and the interplay between child welfare placements and school moves
by Clemens, Elysia V. & Klopfenstein, Kristin & Tis, Matt & Lalonde, Trent L.
- 218-225 Parental and peer attachment and adolescents' behaviors: The mediating role of psychological suzhi in a longitudinal study
by Pan, Yangu & Hu, Yu & Zhang, Dajun & Ran, Guangming & Li, Bingbing & Liu, Chuanxing & Liu, Guangzeng & Luo, Shilan & Chen, Wanfen
- 226-231 Slipping through the cracks: Examining the realities of a child-friendly prison system
by Pridmore, William & Levy, Michael H. & McArthur, Morag
- 232-241 Does family reunification from residential care facilities serve children's best interest? A propensity-score matching approach in Ghana
by James, Spencer L. & Roby, Jini L. & Powell, Lindsay J. & Teuscher, Bryan A. & Hamstead, Kelsey L. & Shafer, Kevin
- 242-247 Use of research evidence and implementation of evidence-based practices in youth-serving systems
by Palinkas, Lawrence A. & Saldana, Lisa & Chou, Chih-Ping & Chamberlain, Patricia
- 248-254 The reality of relationships with young people in caring professions: A qualitative approach to professional boundaries rooted in virtue ethics
by Hart, Peter
- 255-263 Family group conferencing in Dutch child welfare: Which families are most likely to organize a family group conference?
by Dijkstra, Sharon & Creemers, Hanneke E. & Asscher, Jessica J. & Deković, Maja & Stams, Geert Jan J.M.
- 264-273 The contribution of resilience to one-year independent living outcomes of care-leavers in South Africa
by van Breda, Adrian D. & Dickens, Lisa
- 274-284 Evaluation of Positive Parenting Programme (Triple P) in Singapore: Improving parenting practices and preventing risks for recurrence of maltreatment
by Zhou, Yu Qi & Chew, Qian Ru Charis & Lee, Marianne & Zhou, Jeremy & Chong, Dominic & Quah, Saw Han & Ho, Michelle & Tan, Li Jen
- 285-293 Medical complexity and placement outcomes for children in foster care
by Seltzer, Rebecca R. & Johnson, Sara B. & Minkovitz, Cynthia S.
- 294-301 Teen mothers who are daughters of teen mothers: Psychological intergenerational dimensions of early motherhood
by Margherita, Giorgia & Troisi, Gina & Tessitore, Francesca & Gargiulo, Anna
- 302-315 Barriers to disclosing child sexual abuse (CSA) in ethnic minority communities: A review of the literature and implications for practice in Australia
by Sawrikar, Pooja & Katz, Ilan
2017, Volume 81, Issue C
- 1-4 Exploring the university partnership model for child welfare citizen review panels: A research brief
by Miller, J. Jay & Collins-Camargo, Crystal & Jones, Blake
- 5-9 Does fathers' involvement in services affect mothers' likelihood of reunification with children placed in foster care?
by D'Andrade, Amy C.
- 10-20 The Parent University Program: Factors predicting change in responsive parenting behaviors
by Liggett-Creel, Kyla & Barth, Richard P. & Mayden, Bronwyn & Pitts, Britney E.
- 21-28 Transnational social workers in statutory child welfare: A scoping review
by Modderman, Corina & Threlkeld, Guinever & McPherson, Lynne
- 29-39 The decline effect in evaluations of the impact of the Strengthening Families Program for Youth 10-14 (SFP 10-14) on adolescent substance use
by Gorman, Dennis M.
- 40-53 The effects of economic factors on the out-of-home placement for maltreated children
by Choi, Mi Jin
- 54-62 Intersection of homelessness and mental health: A mixed methods study of young adults who accessed psychiatric emergency services
by Narendorf, Sarah Carter
- 63-71 Cost effectiveness of a school readiness intervention for foster children
by Lynch, Frances L. & Dickerson, John F. & Pears, Katherine C. & Fisher, Philip A.
- 72-80 Early childhood aggression among child welfare involved children: The interplay between the type of child maltreatment and ecological protective factors
by Yoon, Susan & Tebben, Erin & Lee, Guijin
- 81-93 Single mothers, the role of fathers, and the risk for child maltreatment
by Schneider, William
- 94-100 The relationship between childhood physical abuse and suicidal ideation among Chinese university students: Possible moderators
by Low, Yiu Tsang Andrew & Kwok, Sylvia Y.C.L. & Tam, Hau Lin Cherry & Yeung, Wai Keung Jerf & Lo, Hay Ming Herman
- 101-116 Implementation frameworks in child, youth and family services – Results from a scoping review
by Albers, Bianca & Mildon, Robyn & Lyon, Aaron R. & Shlonsky, Aron
- 117-123 A cross-lagged model of the relationship between violent video game exposure and moral disengagement in middle school and high school students
by Teng, Zhaojun & Nie, Qian & Pan, Yangu & Liu, Yanling & Guo, Cheng
- 124-128 Improving completion of the initial comprehensive health assessment for children entering foster care
by Elertson, Kathleen M.
- 129-138 Tactics for successful organizational change in a youth and family services agency
by Packard, Thomas
- 139-147 Youth workers' use of Facebook for mediated pastoralism with juvenile delinquents and youths-at-risk
by Lim, Sun Sun
- 148-156 Youth outside the labour force — Perceived barriers by service providers and service users: A mixed method approach
by Ose, Solveig Osborg & Jensen, Chris
- 157-167 Development and implementation of a screen-and-refer approach to addressing maternal depression, substance use, and intimate partner violence in home visiting clients
by Dauber, Sarah & John, Tiffany & Hogue, Aaron & Nugent, Jessica & Hernandez, Gina
- 168-177 Neighborhood effects on self-concept among Korean adolescents
by Nho, Choong Rai & Kang, Hyunju
- 178-187 Financial capability of parents of kindergarteners
by Banerjee, Mahasweta M. & Friedline, Terri & Phipps, Barbara J.
- 188-196 Truancy in the United States: Examining temporal trends and correlates by race, age, and gender
by Maynard, Brandy R. & Vaughn, Michael G. & Nelson, Erik J. & Salas-Wright, Christopher P. & Heyne, David A. & Kremer, Kristen P.
- 197-206 Psychopharmacotherapy in children placed in group homes and residential centres in Canada: Psychopathological portrait of children receiving psychotropic medications and educators' perception of treatment
by Desjardins, Julie & Lafortune, Denis & Cyr, Francine
- 207-211 The relationship between the type of smartphone use and smartphone dependence of Korean adolescents: National survey study
by Bae, Sung-Man
- 212-219 Young people's views on safety and preventing abuse and harm in residential care: “It's got to be better than home”
by Moore, Tim & McArthur, Morag & Death, Jodi & Tilbury, Clare & Roche, Steven
- 220-228 Fostering success: Understanding the experience of foster youth undergraduates
by Kinarsky, Alana R.
- 229-237 The impact of worker and agency characteristics on FGC referrals in child welfare
by Allan, Heather & Harlaar, Nicole & Hollinshead, Dana & Drury, Ida & Merkel-Holguin, Lisa
- 238-245 Ecological predictors of health-related quality of life (HRQoL) among children from low-income families in South Korea
by Park, Jiyoung & Baek, Suyon
- 246-260 How aware of child sexual abuse (CSA) are ethnic minority communities? A literature review and suggestions for raising awareness in Australia
by Sawrikar, Pooja & Katz, Ilan
- 261-267 Characteristics and outcomes of newborns entered who entered into care (EIC) within 7days of birth in NSW, Australia
by Marsh, Christine A. & Browne, Jenny & Taylor, Jan & Davis, Deborah
- 268-271 Adapting to attrition challenges in multi-year studies: Examples from a school-based bullying and cyber bullying study
by Mishna, Faye & McInroy, Lauren B. & Daciuk, Joanne & Lacombe-Duncan, Ashley
- 272-283 The role of Medicaid home and community-based service policies in organizing and financing care for children with severe emotional disturbance
by Graaf, Genevieve & Snowden, Lonnie
- 284-292 Conceptualizing the role of adults within youth-adult partnerships: An example from practice
by Richards-Schuster, Katie & Timmermans, Rebecca
- 293-300 Voices rarely heard: Personal construct assessments of Sub-Saharan unaccompanied asylum-seeking and refugee youth in England
by O'Toole Thommessen, Sara Amalie & Corcoran, Paula & Todd, Brenda K.
- 301-308 New evidence in physical violent behaviors among school-aged children: A multiple disadvantages model
by Li, Qingyi & Cheng, Tyrone C.
- 309-320 Predictive and prescriptive analytics, machine learning and child welfare risk assessment: The Broward County experience
by Schwartz, Ira M. & York, Peter & Nowakowski-Sims, Eva & Ramos-Hernandez, Ana
- 321-331 Connectedness to family, school, peers, and community in socially vulnerable adolescents
by Foster, Cynthia Ewell & Horwitz, Adam & Thomas, Alvin & Opperman, Kiel & Gipson, Polly & Burnside, Amanda & Stone, Deborah M. & King, Cheryl A.
- 332-339 To dream the impossible dream: Care leavers' challenges and barriers in pursuing their future expectations and goals
by Sulimani-Aidan, Yafit
- 340-349 “They will go like I did”: How parents think about college for their young children in the context of rising costs
by Friedline, Terri & Rauscher, Emily & West, Stacia & Phipps, Barbara & Kardash, Nadzeya & Chang, Karin & Ecker-Lyster, Meghan
- 350-357 Male care-leavers' transfer of social skills from care into independent living in South Africa
by Mmusi, Fatima Ipeleng & van Breda, Adrian D.
- 358-367 Resilience in the context of fragility: Development of a multidimensional measure of child wellbeing within the Fragile Families dataset
by Fava, Nicole M. & Li, Tan & Burke, Shanna L. & Wagner, Eric F.
- 368-378 Longitudinal growth of post-traumatic stress and depressive symptoms following a child maltreatment allegation: An examination of violence exposure, family risk and placement type
by Barboza, Gia Elise & Dominguez, Silvia
- 379-389 Asking for Change: Feasibility, acceptability, and preliminary outcomes of a manualized photovoice intervention with youth experiencing homelessness
by Bender, Kimberly & Barman-Adhikari, Anamika & DeChants, Jonah & Haffejee, Badiah & Anyon, Yolanda & Begun, Stephanie & Portillo, Andrea & Dunn, Kaite
- 390-399 Parenting and emotional well-being of adoptive school-aged children: The mediating role of attachment
by Santos-Nunes, Marta & Narciso, Isabel & Vieira-Santos, Salomé & Roberto, Magda Sofia
- 400-412 Participatory action research (PAR) with children and youth: An integrative review of methodology and PAR outcomes for participants, organizations, and communities
by Shamrova, Daria P. & Cummings, Cristy E.
- 413-421 Internalizing and externalizing behavioral problems of American Indian children in the child welfare system
by Landers, Ashley L. & Bellamy, Jennifer L. & Danes, Sharon M. & White Hawk, Sandy
2017, Volume 80, Issue C
- 3-14 Exploring national variations in child subjective well-being
by Bradshaw, Jonathan & Rees, Gwyther
- 15-21 What accounts for the variations in children's subjective well-being across nations?: A decomposition method study
by Lee, Bong Joo & Yoo, Min Sang
- 22-30 Understanding the typologies of child subjective well-being: A cross-country comparison
by Yoo, Joan P. & Ahn, Jaejin
- 31-40 Children's subjective well-being in Africa: A comparative analysis across three countries
by Savahl, Shazly & Tiliouine, Habib & Casas, Ferran & Adams, Sabirah & Mekonen, Yehualashet & Dejene, Negussie & Benninger, Elizabeth & Witten, Heidi
- 41-51 Urban-rural variations in children's lives and subjective well-being: A comparative analysis of four countries
by Rees, Gwyther & Tonon, Graciela & Mikkelsen, Claudia & Rodriguez de la Vega, Lía
- 52-62 Contextualizing subjective well-being of children in different domains: Does higher safety provide higher subjective well-being for child citizens?
by Uyan-Semerci, Pınar & Erdoğan, Emre & Akkan, Başak & Müderrisoğlu, Serra & Karatay, Abdullah
- 63-77 Religion and subjective well-being among children: A comparison of six religion groups
by Kosher, Hanita & Ben-Arieh, Asher
- 78-87 Children's activities and time use: Variations between and within 16 countries
by Rees, Gwyther
- 88-95 Child psychological well-being and its associations with material deprivation and type of home
by Crous, Gemma
- 96-104 Children's subjective well-being in relation to gender — What can we learn from dissatisfied children?
by Kaye-Tzadok, Avital & Kim, Sun Suk & Main, Gill
- 105-115 Family structure and family relationship from the child well-being perspective: Findings from comparative analysis
by Dinisman, Tamar & Andresen, Sabine & Montserrat, Carme & Strózik, Dorota & Strózik, Tomasz
- 116-128 Material well-being and social exclusion association with children's subjective Well-being: Cross-national analysis of 14 countries
by Gross-Manos, Daphna
- 129-139 Child social exclusion
by Crous, Gemma & Bradshaw, Jonathan
- 140-148 Do children like school – Crowding in or out? International comparison of children's perspectives
by Kutsar, Dagmar & Kasearu, Kairi
- 149-156 Comparing family, friends and satisfaction with school experience as predictors of SWB in children who have and have not made the transition to middle school in different countries
by Oriol, Xavier & Torres, Javier & Miranda, Rafael & Bilbao, Marian & Ortúzar, Harry
- 157-170 School: One world or two worlds? Children's perspectives
by Casas, Ferran & González, Mònica
- 171-180 Comparing children's experiences of schools-based bullying across countries
by Bradshaw, Jonathan & Crous, Gemma & Rees, Gwyther & Turner, Nick
2017, Volume 79, Issue C
- 1-9 Narratives of care leavers: What promotes resilience in transitions to independent lives?
by Refaeli, Tehila
- 10-19 Experiences of Somali and Oromo youth in the child protection system
by Horn, Tonya L. & Piescher, Kristine & Shannon, Patricia J. & Hong, Saahoon & Benton, Anna
- 20-28 Child Development Accounts, parental savings, and parental educational expectations: A path model
by Kim, Youngmi & Huang, Jin & Sherraden, Michael & Clancy, Margaret
- 29-36 Systems barriers to community re-entry for incarcerated youths: A review
by O'Neill, Sue C. & Strnadová, Iva & Cumming, Therese M.
- 37-43 Family involvement meetings: Engagement, facilitation, and child and family goals
by Xu, Yanfeng & Ahn, Haksoon & Bright, Charlotte Lyn
- 44-49 Better together? Cooperation between youth welfare office and child and adolescent psychiatry: A methodological approach
by Mack, Judith & Wanderer, Sina & Keitel, Janin & Bittner, Jana & Herrmann, Elisabeth & Ehrlich, Stefan & Roessner, Veit
- 50-56 Why child labour? Evidences from homebased carpet weaving industry of Kashmir
by Nengroo, Aasif Hussain & Bhat, Gulam Mohammad
- 57-64 An ecological model of child and youth participation
by Gal, Tali
- 65-77 The voices of youth formerly in foster care: Perspectives on educational attainment gaps
by Clemens, Elysia V. & Helm, Heather M. & Myers, Kristin & Thomas, Christina & Tis, Matt
- 78-86 Teacher-child interactions and children's cognitive and social skills in Chinese preschool classrooms
by Hu, Bi Ying & Fan, Xitao & Wu, Zhongling & LoCasale-Crouch, Jennifer & Yang, Ning & Zhang, Juan
- 87-96 Integrating the little talks intervention into Early Head Start: An experimental examination of implementation supports involving fidelity monitoring and performance feedback
by Manz, Patricia H. & Power, Thomas J. & Roggman, Lori A. & Eisenberg, Rachel A. & Gernhart, Amanda & Faison, Jacqueline & Ridgard, Tamique & Wallace, Laura E. & Whitenack, Jamie M.
- 97-106 Health insurance coverage and routine health care use among children by family immigration status
by Ybarra, Marci & Ha, Yoonsook & Chang, Jina
- 107-114 Children in out-of-home care as young adults: A systematic review of outcomes in the Nordic countries
by Kääriälä, Antti & Hiilamo, Heikki
- 115-125 The impact of WIC on breastfeeding initiation and gestational weight gain: Case study of South Carolina Medicaid mothers
by Sonchak, Lyudmyla
- 126-131 Young people and digital services: Analysis of the use, rules, and age requirement
by Lareki, Arkaitz & Altuna, Jon & Martínez de Morentin, Juan Ignacio & Amenabar, Nere
- 132-138 The effectiveness of intervention for adolescents exposed to domestic violence
by An, Soonok & Kim, Irang & Joon Choi, Y. & Platt, Melody & Thomsen, Donna
- 139-147 The role of social and psychological resources in children's perception of their participation rights
by Burger, Kaspar
- 148-159 Insights into the black box of child care supply: Predictors of provider participation in the Massachusetts child care subsidy system
by Giapponi Schneider, Kate & Erickson Warfield, Marji & Joshi, Pamela & Ha, Yoonsook & Hodgkin, Dominic
- 160-165 Parents, friends, and depression: A multi-country study of adolescents in South Asia
by Murshid, Nadine Shaanta
- 166-179 The treatment needs of victims/survivors of child sexual abuse (CSA) from ethnic minority communities: A literature review and suggestions for practice
by Sawrikar, Pooja & Katz, Ilan
- 180-185 The effect of social anxiety, generalized anxiety, depression and substance abuse on child support payment compliance among non-custodial parents
by Thomason, Elizabeth & Himle, Joseph A. & Tolman, Richard M. & Sinco, Brandy R. & Savas, Sue Ann
- 186-197 Experiences and outcomes of foster care alumni in postsecondary education: A review of the literature
by Geiger, Jennifer M. & Beltran, Susanny J.
- 198-220 What are the factors associated with educational achievement for children in kinship or foster care: A systematic review
by O'Higgins, Aoife & Sebba, Judy & Gardner, Frances
- 221-227 ‘We have personal experience to share, it makes it real’: Young people's views on their role in sexual violence prevention efforts
by Cody, Claire
- 228-234 Lemonade for Life—A pilot study on a hope-infused, trauma-informed approach to help families understand their past and focus on the future
by Counts, Jacqueline M. & Gillam, Rebecca J. & Perico, Shabrie & Eggers, Keil L.
- 235-241 A longitudinal examination of how mothers' and fathers' mental health and thoughts of death are related to their child's self-reported levels of parental connectedness
by De Luca, Susan M. & Yueqi, Yan & Padilla, Yolanda
- 242-248 Academic resilience and caring adults: The experiences of former foster youth
by Neal, Darlene
- 249-255 Expert views of children's knowledge needs regarding parental mental illness
by Grove, Christine & Riebschleger, Joanne & Bosch, Annick & Cavanaugh, Daniel & van der Ende, Peter C.
- 256-262 Expanding the conceptualization of re-entry: The inter-play between child welfare and juvenile services
by Shipe, Stacey L. & Shaw, Terry V. & Betsinger, Sara & Farrell, Jill L.
- 263-273 Do separate female toilets in primary and upper primary schools improve female enrollment? A case study from India
by Ray, Rita & Datta, Rajlakshmi
- 280-290 Explaining the overlap between bullying perpetration and bullying victimization: assessing the time-ordered and correlative relationships
by Cho, Sujung
- 299-308 A qualitative study of cultural congruency of Legacy for Children™ for Spanish-speaking mothers
by Beasley, Lana O. & Silovsky, Jane F. & Espeleta, Hannah C. & Robinson, Lara R. & Hartwig, Sophie A. & Morris, Amanda & Esparza, Irma
- 309-314 Structural model of parenting dimension, media usage type and body mass index in Korean preschool children
by Kim, Soojung & Chung, Ick-Joong & Lee, Junghee