Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:cysrev. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/childyouth .
2018, Volume 90, Issue C
- 1-7 Social skills training (SST) effects on social information processing skills in justice-involved adolescents: Affective empathy as predictor or moderator
by van der Stouwe, Trudy & Asscher, Jessica J. & Hoeve, Machteld & van der Laan, Peter H. & Stams, Geert Jan J.M.
- 8-14 Psychotropic medication profile in a community youth mental health service in Australia
by Dharni, Aprajita & Coates, Dominiek
- 15-20 Inequalities in Hungarian adolescents' health, health behaviour and well-being, based upon the results of a cross-sectional survey at settlement level, using the Health Behaviour in School-aged Children questionnaire
by Bíró, Éva & Dezső, Dóra & Sándor, János & Ádány, Róza
- 21-27 What does your dad do for a living? Children of prisoners and their experiences of stigma
by Saunders, Vicky
- 28-37 A multi-perspective exploration of the service needs of adolescent girls with multiple and complex needs
by Van den Steene, Helena & van West, Dirk & Glazemakers, Inge
- 38-45 Factors associated with intellectual disabilities in maltreated children according to caseworkers in child protective services
by Paquette, G. & Bouchard, Julie & Dion, Jacinthe & Tremblay, Karine N. & Tourigny, M. & Tougas, Anne-Marie & Hélie, Sonia
- 46-53 Stress among child protective service workers: Self-reported health consequences
by Griffiths, Austin & Royse, David & Walker, Robert
- 54-65 Race and ethnic differences in mental health need and services received in justice-involved youth
by Heaton, Leanne L.
- 66-73 Migrant child phenomenon in China: Subjective happiness factors for assessing service needs
by Xu, Limin & Cheung, Monit & Leung, Patrick & Xu, Yongxiang
- 74-82 Child adult relationship enhancement (CARE): A brief, skills-building training for foster caregivers to increase positive parenting practices
by Messer, Erica Pearl & Greiner, Mary V. & Beal, Sarah J. & Eismann, Emily A. & Cassedy, Amy & Gurwitch, Robin H. & Boat, Barbara W. & Bensman, Heather & Bemerer, Julie & Hennigan, Megan & Greenwell, Sarah & Eiler-Sims, Patricia
- 83-93 The role of substance use in child welfare caseloads
by Ghertner, Robin & Waters, Annette & Radel, Laura & Crouse, Gilbert
- 94-105 Common components of evidence-informed home visitation programs for the prevention of child maltreatment
by Kaye, Miranda P. & Faber, Aubrey & Davenport, Katie E. & Perkins, Daniel F.
- 106-117 The role of avoidant attachment on college persistence and completion among youth in foster care
by Okpych, Nathanael J. & Courtney, Mark E.
- 118-133 Psychosocial factors and behavioral health outcomes among children in Foster and Kinship care: A systematic review
by Washington, Tyreasa & Wrenn, Ashley & Kaye, Hannah & Priester, Mary Ann & Colombo, Gia & Carter, Kevin & Shadreck, Itumeleng & Hargett, Brenden A. & Williams, Jeffrey A. & Coakley, Tanya
- 134-140 Sexual health conversations: Predicting the odds of HIV testing among black youth and young adults
by Boyd, Donte & Lea, Charles H. & Gilbert, Keon L. & Butler-Barnes, Sheretta T.
- 141-148 A binary gender analysis to bullying, dating violence, and attempted suicide: The disproportionate effect of depression and psychological harm
by Kim, Youn Kyoung & Yang, Mi-Youn & Barthelemy, Juan J. & Lofaso, Blaine M.
- 149-157 A typology of school-based mentoring relationship quality: Implications for recruiting and retaining volunteer mentors
by McMorris, Barbara J. & Doty, Jennifer L. & Weiler, Lindsey M. & Beckman, Kara J. & Garcia-Huidobro, Diego
- 158-165 The bully-victim overlap and nutrition among school-aged youth in North America and Europe
by Jackson, Dylan B. & Vaughn, Michael G.
- 166-177 Evidence-informed program development: Using a common components approach to develop universal parenting programs for U.S. military and civilian families
by Czymoniewicz-Klippel, M.T. & Chesnut, R.P. & DiNallo, J.M. & Perkins, D.F.
2018, Volume 89, Issue C
- 1-5 What do homeless transition-age youth want from housing interventions?
by Henwood, Benjamin F. & Redline, Brian & Rice, Eric
- 6-12 Social exclusion, sense of school belonging and mental health of migrant children in China: A structural equation modeling analysis
by Li, Chunkai & Jiang, Shan
- 13-26 Characteristics of the front-line child welfare workforce
by Edwards, Frank & Wildeman, Christopher
- 27-33 The perceived effects of volunteer use by public child welfare agencies
by Kobulsky, Julia M. & Cage, Jamie & Celeste, Gabriella
- 43-53 Balancing the stigmatization risks of disability labels against the benefits of special education: Japanese parents' perceptions
by Kayama, Misa & Haight, Wendy
- 54-61 Transition to adulthood from foster care in Spain: A biographical approach
by Gradaílle, Rita & Montserrat, Carme & Ballester, Lluís
- 62-70 Predictors of non-U.S. born mothers' parenting stress across early childhood in fragile families: A longitudinal analysis
by Xu, Yanfeng & Wang, Xiafei & Ahn, Haksoon & Harrington, Donna
- 71-76 Assets and pathways in achieving future goals of residential care alumni
by Sulimani-Aidan, Yafit
- 77-82 Foster mothers' parenting stress and coparenting quality: An examination of the moderating role of support
by Richardson, Evin W. & Futris, Ted G. & Mallette, Jacquelyn K. & Campbell, Avery
- 83-92 Resilience and resilience factors in children in residential care: A systematic review
by Lou, Yunfei & Taylor, Emily P. & Di Folco, Simona
- 93-102 Relations between parenting practices, socioeconomic status, and child behavior in Brazil
by Altafim, Elisa Rachel Pisani & McCoy, Dana Charles & Linhares, Maria Beatriz Martins
- 103-112 Does household credit benefit child schooling for the poorest ethnic minorities? New evidence from a transitional economy
by Thai, Pham Huu Hong
- 113-123 Discriminating baseline indicators for (un)favorable psychosocial development in different 24-h settings
by Leloux-Opmeer, Harmke & Kuiper, Chris H.Z. & Swaab, Hanna T. & Scholte, Evert M.
- 124-131 Diet quality and satisfaction with different domains of life in single- and dual-headed households: Comparing mother-adolescent dyads
by Schnettler, Berta & Miranda, Horacio & Miranda-Zapata, Edgardo & Lobos, Germán & Denegri, Marianela & Lapo, María & Ares, Gastón & Hueche, Clementina
- 132-144 Child welfare workers' sexism and beliefs about father involvement
by Brewsaugh, Katrina & Masyn, Katherine E. & Salloum, Alison
- 145-151 The effectiveness of a child day-care program in child welfare services
by Hidalgo, Victoria & Jiménez, Lucía & Grimaldi, Víctor & Ayala-Nunes, Lara & López-Verdugo, Isabel
- 152-164 Career readiness programming for youth in foster care
by Gates, Lauren B. & Pearlmutter, Sue & Keenan, Kat & Divver, Caitlin & Gorroochurn, Prakash
- 165-170 The interplay between ADHD symptoms and time perspective in addictive social media use: A study on adolescent Facebook users
by Settanni, Michele & Marengo, Davide & Fabris, Matteo Angelo & Longobardi, Claudio
- 171-178 Predictors of parent-professional alliance in home-based parenting support
by de Greef, Marieke & van Hattum, Marion J.C. & Granger, Kristen L. & McLeod, Bryce D. & Pijnenburg, Huub M. & Scholte, Ron H.J.
- 179-187 Structural and process predictors of Chinese parental satisfaction toward early childhood education services
by Hu, Bi Ying & Yang, Yi & Wu, Huiping & Song, Zhanmei & Neitzel, Jeniffer
- 188-197 Pilot randomized controlled trial of foster parent training: A mixed-methods evaluation of parent and child outcomes
by Conn, Anne-Marie & Szilagyi, Moira A. & Alpert-Gillis, Linda & Webster-Stratton, Carolyn & Manly, Jody Todd & Goldstein, Nicolas & Jee, Sandra H.
- 198-204 Being an undocumented child immigrant
by Benuto, Lorraine T. & Casas, Jena B. & Gonzalez, Frances R. & Newlands, Rory T.
- 205-211 Self-compassion among child welfare workers: An exploratory study
by Miller, J.Jay & Lee, Jacquelyn & Benner, Kalea & Shalash, Nada & Barnhart, Sheila & Grise-Owens, Erlene
- 212-217 The impact of parenting on child mental health among children of prostituting mothers
by Murnan, Aaron & Wu, Qiong & Slesnick, Natasha
- 218-225 Adverse childhood experiences among children of incarcerated parents
by Turney, Kristin
- 226-242 Child supervision in low- and middle-income countries: A scoping review
by Miconi, Diana & Beeman, Irene & Robert, Emilie & Beatson, Jesse & Ruiz-Casares, Mónica
- 243-262 Children's mental health and its predictors in kinship and non-kinship foster care: A systematic review
by Xu, Yanfeng & Bright, Charlotte Lyn
- 263-271 In-home support or out of home care? Thresholds for intervention with abused and neglected children
by Biehal, Nina & Baldwin, Helen & Cusworth, Linda & Wade, Jim & Allgar, Victoria
- 272-280 Benefits of disease-specific summer camps: Results from quantitative and qualitative studies at Roundup River Ranch
by Meltzer, Lisa J. & Graham, Diana M. & Leija, Sterling & Booster, Genery D. & Carroll, Travis & Seeger, Betsy & Bledsoe, Marita
- 281-288 Sexual health outcomes for young people in state care: Cross-sectional analysis of a national survey and views of social care professionals in Wales
by Roberts, Louise & Long, Sara Jayne & Young, Honor & Hewitt, Gillian & Murphy, Simon & Moore, Graham F.
- 289-297 Creating a measurement framework for service coordination in maternal and early childhood home visiting: An evidence-informed, expert process
by West, Allison & Duggan, Anne K. & Gruss, Kelsey & Minkovitz, Cynthia S.
- 298-308 Struggles, successes, and setbacks: Youth aging out of child welfare in a subsidized housing program
by Schelbe, Lisa
- 309-318 Program-specific practices and outcomes for high school mentors and their mentees
by Cavell, Timothy A. & Gregus, Samantha J. & Craig, James T. & Pastrana, Freddie A. & Hernandez Rodriguez, Juventino
- 319-328 Social rejection during school years and the development of negative attitudes toward minority groups in adulthood
by Gross, Zehavit & Maor, Rotem
- 329-339 Communication patterns between foster parents and case managers
by Denlinger, Melissa & Dorius, Cassandra
- 340-354 Tracing the pathway from mental health screening to services for children and youth in foster care
by Pullmann, Michael D. & Jacobson, Jedediah & Parker, Elizabeth & Cevasco, Molly & Uomoto, Jacqueline A. & Putnam, Barbara J. & Benshoof, Trishia & Kerns, Suzanne E.U.
- 355-363 An exploration of the role of adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) on youth engagement in residential treatment
by Steinke, Camela M. & Derrick, Raquel Moriarty
2018, Volume 88, Issue C
- 1-10 Human trafficking and the child welfare population in Florida
by Gibbs, Deborah A. & Henninger, Alana M. & Tueller, Stephen J. & Kluckman, Marianne N.
- 11-17 Adoptive parents' evaluation of expectations and children's behavior problems: The mediational role of parenting stress and parental satisfaction
by Santos-Nunes, Marta & Narciso, Isabel & Vieira-Santos, Salomé & Roberto, Magda Sofia
- 18-24 Medical foster care for children with chronic critical illness: Identifying strengths and challenges
by Seltzer, Rebecca R. & Williams, Erin P. & Donohue, Pamela K. & Boss, Renee D.
- 25-32 A longitudinal study on risk factors of grade retention among elementary school students using a multilevel analysis: Focusing on material hardship and lack of school engagement
by Yang, Mi-Youn & Chen, Zibei & Rhodes, Judith L.F. & Orooji, Marmar
- 33-43 Predictors of school engagement in foster children: A longitudinal study
by Goemans, Anouk & van Geel, Mitch & Wilderjans, Tom F. & van Ginkel, Joost R. & Vedder, Paul
- 44-56 Home- and center-based learning opportunities for preschoolers in low- and middle-income countries
by McCoy, Dana Charles & Salhi, Carmel & Yoshikawa, Hirokazu & Black, Maureen & Britto, Pia & Fink, Günther
- 57-65 Cultural socialization practices among Latino immigrant families within a restrictive immigration socio-political context
by Ayón, Cecilia & Ojeda, Imelda & Ruano, Elizabeth
- 66-73 Predictors of parental use of corporal punishment in Ukraine
by Grogan-Kaylor, Andrew & Burlaka, Viktor & Ma, Julie & Lee, Shawna & Castillo, Berenice & Churakova, Iuliia
- 74-80 Multiple psychosocial health problems and sexual risk among African American females in juvenile detention: A cross-sectional study
by Fasula, Amy M. & Gray, Simone C. & Vereen, Rhyan N. & Carry, Monique & Sales, Jessica M. & Abad, Neetu & Brown, Jennifer L. & Swartzendruber, Andrea & Gelaude, Deborah J.
- 81-87 Outcome of the solution-focused self-efficacy enhancement group intervention for adolescents in foster care setting
by Cepukiene, Viktorija & Pakrosnis, Rytis & Ulinskaite, Ginte
- 88-95 Young persons as epistemological agents in social work assessment and intervention
by Goh, Esther C.L. & Baruch, Herzl
- 96-102 The relationship among school safety, school satisfaction, and students' cigarette smoking: Based on a multilevel mediation model
by Zhang, Qin & Luo, Yuhan & Zhang, Xinghui & Wang, Yun
- 103-113 Revisiting out-of-home placed children's poor educational outcomes—Is school change part of the explanation?
by Olsen, Rikke Fuglsang & de Montgomery, Christopher J.
- 114-127 Service engagement and retention: Lessons from the Early Childhood Connections Program
by Chiang, Chien-Jen & Jonson-Reid, Melissa & Kim, Hyunil & Drake, Brett & Pons, Laura & Kohl, Patricia & Constantino, John N. & Auslander, Wendy
- 128-134 Social support and depression among Chinese adolescents: The mediating roles of self-esteem and self-efficacy
by Chang, Ching-Wen & Yuan, Rui & Chen, Ji-Kang
- 135-140 Risk and resilience in the transition to adulthood from the point of view of care leavers and caseworkers
by Sulimani-Aidan, Yafit & Melkman, Eran
- 141-148 School resource officers, safety, and discipline: Perceptions and experiences across racial/ethnic groups in Minnesota secondary schools
by Pentek, Christen & Eisenberg, Marla E.
- 149-155 The role of school climate in rates of depression and suicidal ideation among school-attending foster youth in California public schools
by Shim-Pelayo, Holly & De Pedro, Kris Tunac
- 156-163 Contested Vulnerability: A Case Study of Girls in secure care
by Ellis, Katie
- 164-169 “Your behaviour has consequences”: Children and young people's perspectives on reparation with their fathers after domestic violence
by Lamb, Katie & Humphreys, Cathy & Hegarty, Kelsey
- 170-179 Implementing a multilevel prevention strategy under an intersectoral partnership: The case of the Triple P Program
by Delawarde-Saïas, Cécile & Gagné, Marie-Hélène & Brunson, Liesette & Drapeau, Sylvie
- 180-190 A randomized controlled trial of training in Motivational Interviewing for child protection
by Forrester, Donald & Westlake, David & Killian, Mike & Antonopoulou, Vivi & McCann, Michelle & Thurnham, Angela & Thomas, Roma & Waits, Charlotte & Whittaker, Charlotte & Hutchison, Dougal
- 191-196 Dimensions of conflict for separated families index: An index for family courts
by Birnbaum, Rachel & McCleary, Lynn & Saini, Michael & Bala, Nicholas
- 197-204 Poor hygiene and bullying victimization in Pakistan
by Murshid, Nadine Shaanta
- 205-210 A comparison of foster and adoptive parent satisfaction and commitment
by Cleary, Sarah E. & Barnett, Erin R. & Huckins, Jeremy F. & Butcher, Rebecca L. & Jankowski, Mary K.
- 211-217 Effects of an afterschool program on the academic outcomes of children and youth residing in public housing neighborhoods: A quasi-experimental study
by Jenson, Jeffrey M. & Veeh, Christopher & Anyon, Yolanda & St. Mary, Jason & Calhoun, Molly & Tejada, Jacqueline & Lechuga-Peña, Stephanie
- 218-228 Patterns and predictors of childcare subsidies for children with and without special needs
by Sullivan, Amanda L. & Farnsworth, Elyse M. & Susman-Stillman, Amy
- 229-240 Health crises, social support, and caregiving practices among street children in Bangladesh
by Hasan Reza, Md & Henly, Julia R.
- 241-248 The effectiveness of outdoor behavioral healthcare with struggling adolescents: A comparison group study a contribution for the special issue: Social innovation in child and youth services
by DeMille, Steven & Tucker, Anita R. & Gass, Michael A. & Javorski, Steven & VanKanegan, Christie & Talbot, Brett & Karoff, Maggie
- 249-256 Daybreak in Dayton: Assessing characteristics and outcomes of previously homeless youth living in transitional housing
by Pierce, Stephanie Casey & Grady, Bryan & Holtzen, Holly
- 257-266 Parental involvement during the transition to primary school: Examining bidirectional relations with school adjustment
by Lau, Eva Yi Hung & Power, Thomas G.
- 267-273 Crosswalk of published quality standards for residential care for children and adolescents
by Huefner, Jonathan C.
- 274-285 Improving care for multiproblem families: Context-specific effectiveness of interventions?
by Evenboer, K.E. & Reijneveld, S.A. & Jansen, D.E.M.C.
- 286-297 “I am more than my past”: Parents' attitudes and perceptions of the Positive Parenting Program in Child Welfare
by Garcia, Antonio R. & DeNard, Christina & Ohene, Serena & Morones, Seth M. & Connaughton, Clare
- 298-307 Mothers' perceptions of educational access and engagement in a context of urban austerity
by Krings, Amy & Thomas, Hillary & Lee, Shawna J. & Ali, Aayat & Miller, LaDonna
- 308-315 “I really wanted her to have a Big Sister”: Caregiver perspectives on mentoring for early adolescent girls
by Keller, Thomas E. & Overton, Bahia & Pryce, Julia M. & Barry, Johanna E. & Sutherland, Andrew & DuBois, David L.
- 316-332 Examining the association between parenting and childhood depression among Chinese children and adolescents: A systematic literature review
by Liu, Yuerong & Merritt, Darcey H.
- 333-340 Professional dilemmas and occupational constraints in child welfare workers' relationships with children and youth in foster care
by Lindahl, Robert & Bruhn, Anders
- 341-347 Precarious participation: Exploring ethnic minority youth's narratives about out-of-home placement in Norway
by Fylkesnes, Marte Knag & Taylor, Julie & Iversen, Anette Christine
- 354-360 Perceived stress, alcohol consumption, and Internet use among Korean college students: Does sensation-seeking matter?
by Jang, Soo Mi & Sohn, Sunju & Yu, Mansoo
- 361-365 A transitional housing program for older foster youth: How do youth fare after exiting?
by Lenz-Rashid, Sonja
- 366-374 Job demands, resources, and stress among staff in after school programs: Neighborhood characteristics influence associations in the job demands-resources model
by Affrunti, Nicholas W. & Mehta, Tara & Rusch, Dana & Frazier, Stacy
- 375-379 Pre-leadership processes in leadership training for adolescents
by Parkhill, A. & Deans, C.L. & Chapin, L.A.
- 380-386 Institutionalized Chinese children with congenital medical conditions: Placement delay, developmental issues at arrival and current wellbeing
by Tan, Tony Xing & Robinson, Emily A.X.
- 387-394 Voluntary placements in child welfare: A comparative analysis of state statutes
by Semanchin Jones, Annette & Kim, JaeRan & Hill, Katharine & Diebold, Josal
- 395-400 Coaches and child sexual abuse prevention training: Impact on knowledge, confidence, and behavior
by Nurse, Anne M.
- 401-415 Developing a typology of mentoring programmes for young people attending secondary school in the United Kingdom using qualitative methods
by Busse, Heide & Campbell, Rona & Kipping, Ruth
- 416-425 Understanding perceptions of child maltreatment risk: A qualitative study of Early Head Start home visitors
by Schreier, Alayna & McCoy, Kelsey & Flood, Mary Fran & Wilcox, Brian L. & Hansen, David J.
- 426-433 Relevance of the intervention module “Coping with stress and unhelpful emotions” for parents living in multi-ethnic deprived neighborhoods
by van Mourik, K. & Crone, M.R. & Reis, R.
- 434-440 Stakeholder perceptions of barriers and facilitators to sexual health discussions between foster and kinship caregivers and youth in foster care: A qualitative study
by Serrano, Jessica & Crouch, Julia M. & Albertson, Katie & Ahrens, Kym R.
- 441-449 ‘When you're sitting in the room with two people one of whom… has bashed the hell out of the other’: Possibilities and challenges in the use of FGCs and restorative approaches following domestic violence
by Sen, Robin & Morris, Kate & Burford, Gale & Featherstone, Brid & Webb, Calum
- 450-456 Barriers to childcare in Children's Homes in Ghana: Caregivers' solutions
by Abdullah, Alhassan & Cudjoe, Ebenezer & Manful, Esmeranda
- 457-466 Identifying the essential competencies for resource parents to promote permanency and well-being of adolescents in care
by Patterson, Debra & Day, Angelique & Vanderwill, Lori & Willis, Tamarie & Resko, Stella & Henneman, Kris & Cohick, Sue
- 467-475 Assessing child physical abuse: An examination of the factor structure and validity of the Parent-Child Conflict Tactics Scale (CTSPC)
by Cotter, Allison & Proctor, Kaitlin B. & Brestan-Knight, Elizabeth
- 476-485 Extracurricular participation and young children's outcomes in Hong Kong: Maternal involvement as a moderator
by Chiu, Chung Yeung & Lau, Eva Yi Hung
- 486-489 Parents' perceptions of the value of sexual abuse medical evaluations of their children
by Worley, Karen B. & Church, Janice K. & Worthington, Toss & Swearingen, Christopher J. & Jones, Jerry G.
- 490-496 How accurate are imputed child support orders?
by Plotnick, Robert D. & Kennedy, Alec I.
- 497-503 Stressors and coping strategies of ethnic minority youth: Youth and mental health practitioners' perspectives
by Kwan, Chi Kin & Baig, Raees Begum & Lo, Kai Chung
- 504-513 Evaluating implementation strategies in a community model to facilitate early identification and treatment of developmental and social-emotional problems in young children in out-of-home placement
by Brookman-Frazee, Lauren & Turner, Shelley & Gordon, Jeanne & Myers, Roseann & Gist, Kristin & Dickson, Kelsey S. & Meza, Marisol
- 514-520 Residential education as an alternative for promoting psychosocial and behavioral outcomes among high-risk young Macanese males
by Weng, Xue & Chui, Wing Hong & Kim, Tae Yeun
- 521-527 Employment assistance in urban China: A qualitative study from the youth recipients' perspective
by Zhang, Haomiao
- 528-540 Predictors of low-income parent child care selections
by Weber, Roberta B. & Grobe, Deana & Scott, Ellen K.
- 541-549 Fear of Missing Out (FOMO) among youth in Bosnia and Herzegovina — Scale and selected mechanisms
by Tomczyk, Łukasz & Selmanagic-Lizde, Elma
- 550-557 The educational attainment of maltreated youth involved with the child welfare system: Exploring the intersection of race and gender
by Cage, Jamie & Corley, Nicole A. & Harris, Leon A.
- 558-566 Teacher support as a protective factor against sadness and hopelessness for adolescents experiencing parental incarceration: Findings from the 2015 Texas Alternative School Survey
by Thurman, Whitney & Johnson, Karen & Gonzalez, Daniel P. & Sales, Adam
- 567-581 Infusing parent-child interaction therapy principles into community-based wraparound services: An evaluation of feasibility, child behavior problems, and staff sense of competence
by Wallace, Nancy M. & Quetsch, Lauren B. & Robinson, Cree & McCoy, Kelsey & McNeil, Cheryl B.
- 582-590 The associations between social skills and teacher-child relationships: A longitudinal study among Chinese preschool children
by Wu, Zhongling & Hu, Bi Ying & Fan, Xitao & Zhang, Xiao & Zhang, Juan
- 591-597 The use of touch-screen tablets in early childhood: Children's knowledge, skills, and attitudes towards tablet technology
by Oliemat, Enass & Ihmeideh, Fathi & Alkhawaldeh, Mustafa
- 598-607 Family engagement in the child welfare system: A scoping review
by Toros, Karmen & DiNitto, Diana Maria & Tiko, Anne
2018, Volume 87, Issue C
- 1-8 Substantiated Child Maltreatment: Which factors do workers focus on when making this critical decision?
by Stoddart, J.K. & Fallon, B. & Trocmé, N. & Fluke, J.
- 9-16 Defining and achieving permanency among older youth in foster care
by Salazar, Amy M. & Jones, Kevin R. & Amemiya, Jamie & Cherry, Adrian & Brown, Eric C. & Catalano, Richard F. & Monahan, Kathryn C.
- 17-25 Patterns of social skill development over-time among clusters of LiFEsports participants
by Anderson-Butcher, Dawn & Martin, Eric & Paluta, Lauren & Gould, Dan
- 26-33 The attitudes of medical professionals toward children and children at risk of separation from parents in Eastern Europe
by Shelton, Katherine H. & Haddock, Geoffrey & Ottaway, Heather
- 34-40 The longitudinal influence of child maltreatment on child obesity in South Korea: The mediating effects of low self-esteem and depressive symptoms
by Park, Aely & Kim, Youngmi
- 41-51 Representations of dating violence in Chilean adolescents: A qualitative study
by Sanhueza, Tatiana & Lessard, Geneviève
- 52-59 Building and utilising resilience: The challenges and coping mechanisms of care leavers in Ghana
by Frimpong-Manso, Kwabena
- 60-68 Family assets, parental expectations, and children educational performance: An empirical examination from China
by Fang, Shu & Huang, Jin & Curley, Jami & Birkenmaier, Julie
- 78-85 Unravelling the effect of cell phone reliance on adolescent self-control
by Kim, Joonggon & Oh, Gyeongseok & Siennick, Sonja E.
- 86-94 The effects of placement and school stability on academic growth trajectories of students in foster care
by Clemens, Elysia V. & Klopfenstein, Kristin & Lalonde, Trent L. & Tis, Matt
- 95-102 What does “recovery” from mental illness and addiction mean? Perspectives from child protection social workers and from parents living with mental distress
by Scott, Anne Lorraine & Pope, Kelly & Quick, Donald & Aitken, Bella & Parkinson, Adele
- 103-113 Immigrant social worker practice: An ecological perspective on strengths and challenges
by Lin, Ching-Hsuan & Chiang, Pamela P. & Lux, Emily A. & Lin, Hsiu-Fen
- 114-122 Parenting and the association between maternal criminal justice involvement and adolescent delinquency
by Chavira, Dina & Fowler, Patrick J. & Jason, Leonard A.
- 123-129 Working through the blues: A meta-analysis on Interpersonal Psychotherapy for depressed adolescents (IPT-A)
by Mychailyszyn, Matthew P. & Elson, Damian M.
- 130-139 Role type, risk perceptions and judgements in child welfare: A mixed methods vignette study
by Keddell, Emily & Hyslop, Ian
- 140-144 Children with poor attachment to their parents: Explanatory variables as a function of their perception of their parents' behavior
by Clemente, Miguel & Diaz, Zara Elena
- 145-153 Educational inequality and achievement disparity: An empirical study of migrant children in China
by Ma, Yuna & Hou, Xin & Huang, Jin & Wang, Weiwei & Li, Yanping & Zhou, Xiaochun & Du, Xi
- 154-162 The effects of parenting behavior on prosocial behavior of Chinese adolescents in Hong Kong
by Ngai, Steven Sek-yum & Xie, Lili & Ng, Yuen-hang & Ngai, Hiu-lam
- 163-172 Care leavers in early adulthood: How do they fare in Britain, Finland and Germany?
by Cameron, Claire & Hollingworth, Katie & Schoon, Ingrid & van Santen, Eric & Schröer, Wolfgang & Ristikari, Tiina & Heino, Tarja & Pekkarinen, Elina
- 173-185 Challenge: To Be+. A group intervention program to promote the positive development of adolescents
by Freire, Teresa & Lima, Isabel & Teixeira, Ana & Araújo, Marta Raquel & Machado, Alexandra
- 186-191 Building Resilience Intervention (BRI) with teachers in Bedouin communities: From evidence informed to evidence based
by Baum, Naomi L. & Stokar, Yaffa N. & Ginat-Frolich, Rivkah & Ziv, Yuval & Abu-Jufar, Ibrahim & Cardozo, Barbara Lopes & Pat-Horenczyk, Ruth & Brom, Danny
- 192-204 Being a Latinx adolescent under a trump presidency: Analysis of Latinx youth's reactions to immigration politics
by Wray-Lake, Laura & Wells, Rachel & Alvis, Lauren & Delgado, Sandra & Syvertsen, Amy K. & Metzger, Aaron
- 205-215 Troubled teens and challenged caregivers: Characteristics associated with the decision to provide child welfare services to adolescents in Ontario, Canada
by King, Bryn & Fallon, Barbara & Filippelli, Joanne & Black, Tara & O'Connor, Carolyn
2018, Volume 86, Issue C
- 1-13 “Arguments online, but in school we always act normal”: The embeddedness of early adolescent negative peer interactions within the whole of their offline and online peer interactions
by Pabian, Sara & Erreygers, Sara & Vandebosch, Heidi & Van Royen, Kathleen & Dare, Julie & Costello, Leesa & Green, Lelia & Hawk, Dianne & Cross, Donna
- 14-20 Investigating the factor structure and validity of the family empowerment scale for parents of children with emotional disturbance in middle school
by Huscroft-D'Angelo, Jacqueline & Hurley, Kristin Duppong & Lambert, Matthew & Trout, Alexandra L.
- 21-31 Local governance and occupational choice among young people: First evidence from Vietnam
by Tran, Tuyen Quang & Tran, Anh Lan & Pham, Thai Minh & Van Vu, Huong
- 32-41 Legislation for early childhood education: A case study of China
by Li, Hui & Lu, Jiaqing
- 42-48 How are we doing? Results of receiving family-driven feedback on alliances between families and residential treatment staff over time
by Mihalo, Jennifer R. & Valenti, Michael W.
- 49-55 Racial disparities in child maltreatment: The role of social service availability
by Maguire-Jack, Kathryn & Cao, Yiwen & Yoon, Susan
- 56-63 Caseworkers' insights and experiences with successful reunification
by Jedwab, Merav & Chatterjee, Anusha & Shaw, Terry V.
- 64-75 Assessment of the complex effects of trauma across child serving settings: Measurement properties of the CANS-Trauma Comprehensive
by Kisiel, Cassandra & Patterson, Nicole & Torgersen, Elizabeth & den Dunnen, Wendy & Villa, Christopher & Fehrenbach, Tracy
- 76-83 “It's just not right to move a kid that many times:” A qualitative study of how foster care alumni perceive placement moves
by Chambers, Ruth M. & Crutchfield, Rashida M. & Willis, Tasha Y. & Cuza, Haydée A. & Otero, Angelica & Goddu Harper, Stephanie G. & Carmichael, Heather
- 84-93 Association of childhood abuse and neglect with prescription opioid misuse: Examination of mediation by adolescent depressive symptoms and pain
by Austin, Anna E. & Shanahan, Meghan E.
- 94-97 Training child welfare citizen review panel members: A promising approach?
by Miller, J. Jay & Vaughn, LaToya Burns
- 98-109 Child welfare involvement and academic difficulties: Characteristics of children, families, and households involved with child welfare and experiencing academic difficulties
by Sanders, Jane E. & Fallon, Barbara
- 110-119 Change in delinquency over time between adolescents with and without maltreatment experiences: Attachment and the school's role
by Lee, Sei-Young & Rhee, Siyon & Villagrana, Margarita
- 120-127 The role of elementary school quality in the persistence of preschool effects
by Ansari, Arya & Pianta, Robert C.
- 128-134 Use of parental disability as a removal reason for children in foster care in the U.S
by DeZelar, Sharyn & Lightfoot, Elizabeth
- 135-141 Trends in infants reported to child welfare with neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS)
by Lynch, Sean & Sherman, Laura & Snyder, Susan M. & Mattson, Margaret
- 142-150 Qualitative accounts of young-people, parents and staff involved with a purpose-designed, pilot short-break service for 18–24 year olds with life-limiting conditions
by Young, Lynne & Egdell, Angela & Swallow, Veronica
- 151-156 Healthy eating and physical activity among low-income Hispanic adolescents and a school-based intervention
by Bishop, Wyatt & Chavarin, Claudia & Gonzales, Hildy A. & Iparraguirre, Jennifer & Mann, Jovy & Specker, Sarah & Linton, Kristen F.
- 157-165 Risk and resilience among young adults experiencing homelessness: A typology for service planning
by Narendorf, Sarah Carter & Bowen, Elizabeth & Santa Maria, Diane & Thibaudeau, Eva
- 166-175 Charting the attitudes of county child protection staff in a post-crisis environment
by Rochelle, Sharon & Buonanno, Laurie
- 176-187 Social support networks of care leavers: Mediating between childhood adversity and adult functioning
by Melkman, Eran P. & Benbenishty, Rami
- 188-199 Young children's reasoning about the effects of poverty on people experiencing it: A qualitative thematic analysis
by Heberle, Amy E. & Kaplan-Levy, Sara A. & Neuspiel, Juliana M. & Carter, Alice S.
- 200-208 Foster parents' emotional investment and their young foster children's socio-emotional functioning
by Jacobsen, Heidi & Brabrand, Hilde & Liland, Solveig M.M. & Wentzel-Larsen, Tore & Moe, Vibeke
- 209-216 “People just don't look at you the same way”: Public stigma, private suffering and unmet social support needs among mothers who use drugs in the aftermath of child removal
by Kenny, Kathleen S. & Barrington, Clare
- 217-225 Patterns of social-emotional learning needs among high school freshmen students
by Tan, Kevin & Sinha, Gaurav & Shin, Oe Jin & Wang, Yang
- 226-235 Behavioral adjustment of Chinese adoptees: The role of pre-adoption experiences
by Finet, Chloë & Vermeer, Harriet J. & Juffer, Femmie & Bosmans, Guy
- 236-245 Predictors of school absenteeism severity at multiple levels: A classification and regression tree analysis
by Skedgell, Kyleigh & Kearney, Christopher A.
- 246-255 The role of productive activities in the lives of adolescents: Photovoice evidence from Malawi
by Zietz, Susannah & de Hoop, Jacobus & Handa, Sudhanshu
- 256-263 Cyberbullying perpetration among Chinese adolescents: The role of interparental conflict, moral disengagement, and moral identity
by Yang, Xiaohui & Wang, Zhenhong & Chen, Huan & Liu, Danni
- 264-270 Social, family and trauma risk factors for common disorders in Israeli youth
by Lawrence, Susan & Bifulco, Antonia
- 271-276 Experiences of child protection workers in collaborating with adult mental health providers: An exploratory study from Ontario, Canada
by Mason, Robin & Du Mont, Janice & Paterson, Maeve & Hyman, Ilene
- 277-286 Perspectives of youth in foster care on essential ingredients for promoting self-determination and successful transition to adult life: My life model
by Powers, Laurie E. & Fullerton, Ann & Schmidt, Jessica & Geenen, Sarah & Oberweiser-Kennedy, Molly & Dohn, JoAnn & Nelson, May & Iavanditti, Rosemary & Blakeslee, Jennifer
- 287-295 Factors associated with digital piracy among early adolescents
by Lee, Byung & Paek, Seung Yeop & Fenoff, Roy
- 296-301 The relationship between mother–child discrepancies in educational aspirations and children's academic achievement: The mediating role of children's academic self-efficacy
by Lv, Bo & Zhou, Huan & Liu, Chunhui & Guo, Xiaolin & Zhang, Caiyun & Liu, Zhaomin & Luo, Liang
- 302-307 Children's emotional and behavioral problems in the shadow of terrorism: The case of Israel
by Shechory Bitton, Mally & Laufer, Avital
- 308-315 Training youth services staff to identify, assess, and intervene when working with youth at high risk for suicide
by Osteen, Philip J. & Lacasse, Jeffrey R. & Woods, MaKenna N. & Greene, Rachel & Frey, Jodi J. & Lane Forsman, R.
- 316-323 Young children's internalizing and externalizing behaviors after mothers exit welfare: Comparisons with children of non-welfare mothers
by Kim, Yeonwoo & Padilla, Yolanda C. & Zhang, Anao & Oh, Sehun
2018, Volume 85, Issue C
- 1-8 Extracurricular activity participation and educational outcomes among older youth transitioning from foster care
by White, Tony & Scott, Lionel D. & Munson, Michelle R.
- 9-18 Perceived family economic hardship and student engagement among junior high schoolers in Ghana
by Ansong, David & Okumu, Moses & Hamilton, Eric R. & Chowa, Gina A. & Eisensmith, Sarah R.
- 19-25 A comparison of outcomes for children and youth in foster and residential group care across agencies
by Portwood, Sharon G. & Boyd, Suzanne A. & Nelson, Ellissa Brooks & Murdock, Tamera B. & Hamilton, Jessica & Miller, Angela D.
- 26-34 Perceived self-stigma in the utilization of mental health services in foster care and post foster care among foster care alumni
by Villagrana, Margarita & Guillen, Cindy & Macedo, Vanessa & Lee, Sei-Young
- 35-42 Why youth run: Assessing run function to stabilize foster care placement
by Crosland, Kimberly & Joseph, Ruby & Slattery, Lindsey & Hodges, Sharon & Dunlap, Glen
- 43-52 Authors of accountability: Paperwork and social work in contemporary child welfare practice
by Gibson, Katherine & Samuels, Gina & Pryce, Julia
- 53-62 Distal and experiential perspectives of relationship quality from mentors, mentees, and program staff in a school-based youth mentoring program
by Dutton, Hilary & Deane, Kelsey L. & Bullen, Pat
- 63-71 Parent perspectives on adoption preparation: Findings from the Modern Adoptive Families project
by Lee, Bethany R. & Kobulsky, Julia M. & Brodzinsky, David & Barth, Richard P.
- 72-80 Educational risk, recidivism, and service access among youth involved in both the child welfare and juvenile justice systems
by Hirsch, Rebecca A. & Dierkhising, Carly B. & Herz, Denise C.
- 81-90 Harnessing the potential of administrative data to inform child welfare programming with dynamic visualization methodologies
by Tanana, Michael J. & Vanderloo, Mindy J. & Waid, Jeffrey D.
- 91-98 The voices of survivors: An exploration of the contributing factors that assisted with exiting from commercial sexual exploitation in childhood
by Corbett, Annie
- 99-106 Health, social integration and social support: The lived experiences of young Middle-Eastern refugees living in Melbourne, Australia
by Liamputtong, Pranee & Kurban, Hala
- 107-116 The impact of the social context on externalizing risks – Implications for the delivery of programs to vulnerable youth
by Sanders, Jackie & Munford, Robyn & Boden, Joseph
- 117-126 The impact of childhood stressful life events on health and behavior in at-risk youth
by Roberts, Yvonne Humenay & English, Diana & Thompson, Richard & White, Catherine Roller
- 127-136 Factors that influence parent recruitment into prevention programs in early childhood: A concept map of parents', practitioners', and administrators' points of view
by Houle, Andrée-Anne & Besnard, Thérèse & Bérubé, Annie & Dagenais, Christian