Children and Youth Services Review
2013, Volume 35, Issue 12
- 1954-1961 Alcohol and drug abuse among young adults who grew up in substitute care — Findings from a Swedish national cohort study
by von Borczyskowski, Annika & Vinnerljung, Bo & Hjern, Anders
- 1962-1969 Racial disparity in risk factors for substantiation of child maltreatment
by Cheng, Tyrone C. & Lo, Celia C.
- 1970-1978 A learning collaborative approach to training school-based health providers in evidence-based mental health treatment
by Stephan, Sharon H. & Connors, Elizabeth H. & Arora, Prerna & Brey, Laura
- 1979-1987 Managing moods and parenting: Perspectives of former system youth who struggle with emotional challenges
by Narendorf, Sarah Carter & Munson, Michelle R. & Levingston, Fredreka
- 1988-1992 Randomized trial of Promoting First Relationships: Effects on maltreated toddlers' separation distress and sleep regulation after reunification
by Oxford, Monica L. & Fleming, Charles B. & Nelson, Elizabeth M. & Kelly, Jean F. & Spieker, Susan J.
- 1993-2002 Factor analyzing the “ASK” cultural competency self-assessment scale for child protective services
by Leung, Patrick & Cheung, Monit
- 2003-2012 Advancing case manager motivation in child welfare: Job control's curvilinear relationship and instrumental feedback's moderating influence
by Preston, Mark S.
- 2013-2019 Organizational change: The role of climate and job satisfaction in child welfare workers' perception of readiness for change
by Claiborne, Nancy & Auerbach, Charles & Lawrence, Catherine & Schudrich, Wendy Zeitlin
- 2020-2030 The effects of parental involvement on academic performance of Ghanaian youth: Testing measurement and relationships using structural equation modeling
by Chowa, Gina A.N. & Masa, Rainier D. & Tucker, Jenna
- 2031-2039 Placement of children in out-of-home care in Québec, Canada: When and for whom initial out-of-home placement is most likely to occur
by Esposito, Tonino & Trocmé, Nico & Chabot, Martin & Shlonsky, Aron & Collin-Vézina, Delphine & Sinha, Vandna
- 2040-2048 Comparison of hope of maltreating parents whose children were removed from home with those whose children were kept at home
by Davidson-Arad, Bilha & Aram-Fichman, Reut & Bashan-Paz, Michal & Gingis, Raya & Klein-Katz, Tali
- 2049-2058 A case study of the effects of privatization of child welfare on services for children and families: The Nebraska experience
by Hubel, Grace S. & Schreier, Alayna & Hansen, David J. & Wilcox, Brian L.
- 2059-2071 Young people's experience of social support during the process of leaving care: A review of the literature
by Hiles, Dominic & Moss, Duncan & Wright, John & Dallos, Rudi
- 2072-2079 Grandmas' hands rocked the cradle
by Harris, Deneen M.
- 2080-2090 Substantiating neglect of first nations and non-aboriginal children
by Sinha, Vandna & Ellenbogen, Stephen & Trocmé, Nico
- 2091-2100 Agreement among students', teachers', and parents' perceptions of victimization by bullying
by Demaray, Michelle K. & Malecki, Christine K. & Secord, Stephanie M. & Lyell, Kelly M.
- 2101-2109 Representation of children's views in court hearings about custody and parental visitations — A comparison between what children wanted and what the courts ruled
by Vis, Svein Arild & Fossum, Sturla
- 2110-2117 Voices of former foster youth: Supportive relationships in the transition to adulthood
by Singer, Erin Rebecca & Berzin, Stephanie Cosner & Hokanson, Kim
- 2118-2127 The relationship between parent immigration status and concrete support service use among Latinos in child welfare: Findings using the National Survey of Child and Adolescent Well-being (NSCAWII)
by Finno-Velasquez, Megan
- 2128-2134 24-month update on the impact of roundtables on permanency for youth in foster care
by Davis, Cynthia W. & O'Brien, Kirk & Rogg, Carla S. & Morgan, Linda Jewell & White, Catherine Roller & Houston, Millicent
- 2135-2139 Psychometric testing of the Chinese version of ISPCAN Child Abuse Screening Tools Children's Home Version (ICAST-CH-C)
by Chang, Hsin-Yi & Lin, Chiao-Li & Chang, Yi-Ting & Tsai, Meng-Chu & Feng, Jui-Ying
- 2140-2146 The use of sociograms to explore collaboration in child protection conferences
by Appleton, Jane V. & Terlektsi, Emmanouela & Coombes, Lindsey
- 2147-2153 The quality of evaluations of foster parent training: An empirical review
by Festinger, Trudy & Baker, Amy J.L.
2013, Volume 35, Issue 11
- 1795-1800 National certification for child and youth workers: Does it make a difference?
by Curry, Dale & Eckles, Frank & Stuart, Carol & Schneider-Muñoz, Andrew J. & Qaqish, Basil
- 1801-1808 Reaching everyone: Promoting the inclusion of youth with disabilities in evaluating foster care outcomes
by Blakeslee, Jennifer E. & Del Quest, A. & Powers, Jennifer & Powers, Laurie E. & Geenen, Sarah & Nelson, May & Dalton, Lawrence D. & McHugh, Elizabeth
- 1809-1815 Inadequate housing and the child protection system response
by Font, Sarah A. & Warren, Emily J.
- 1816-1822 Have child maltreatment and child placement rates declined?
by Pelton, Leroy H.
- 1823-1829 Online programs as tools to improve parenting: A meta-analytic review
by Nieuwboer, Christa C. & Fukkink, Ruben G. & Hermanns, Jo M.A.
- 1830-1835 Trauma-informed care training in a child welfare system: Moving it to the front line
by Conners-Burrow, Nicola A. & Kramer, Teresa L. & Sigel, Benjamin A. & Helpenstill, Kathy & Sievers, Chad & McKelvey, Lorraine
- 1836-1842 Enough is enough: Grandmother caregivers' strategies for mitigating out-of-school suspensions for African–American youth
by Gibson, Priscilla A. & McGlynn, Cara
- 1843-1853 The surprisingly weak evidence base for supervision: Findings from a systematic review of research in child welfare practice (2000–2012)
by Carpenter, John & Webb, Caroline M. & Bostock, Lisa
- 1854-1861 Individual differences in referral for help for severe emotional difficulties in adolescence
by Slone, Michelle & Meir, Yael & Tarrasch, Ricardo
- 1862-1870 Systemic differences in views on risk: A comparative case vignette study of risk assessment in England, Norway and the United States (California)
by Križ, Katrin & Skivenes, Marit
- 1871-1877 Reducing turnover is not enough: The need for proficient organizational cultures to support positive youth outcomes in child welfare
by Williams, Nathaniel J. & Glisson, Charles
- 1878-1885 Child protection and out-of-home placement experiences of preschool children born to mothers enrolled in methadone maintenance treatment during pregnancy
by Lean, Rachel E. & Pritchard, Verena E. & Woodward, Lianne J.
- 1886-1893 Social needs of aboriginal foster parents
by Brown, Jason D. & Ivanova, Viktoria & Mehta, Nisha & Skrodzki, Donna & Gerrits, Julie
- 1894-1899 Four forms of youth civic engagement for diverse democracy
by Checkoway, Barry & Aldana, Adriana
2013, Volume 35, Issue 10
- 1657-1669 Organizational tenure among child welfare workers, burnout, stress, and intent to leave: Does employment-based social capital make a difference?
by Boyas, Javier F. & Wind, Leslie H. & Ruiz, Erika
- 1670-1678 “At a moment, you could collapse”: Raising children with autism in the West Bank
by Dababnah, Sarah & Parish, Susan L.
- 1679-1686 Children removed from home by court order: Fathers' disenfranchised grief and reclamation of paternal functions
by Baum, Nehami & Negbi, Irit
- 1687-1697 Professional development opportunities as retention incentives in child welfare
by Clark, Sherrill J. & Smith, Richard J. & Uota, Kazumi
- 1698-1704 In a different mindset: Critical youth work with marginalized youth
by Lavie-Ajayi, Maya & Krumer-Nevo, Michal
- 1705-1711 The subjective well-being of young people aging out of care
by Dinisman, Tamar & Zeira, Anat & Sulimani-Aidan, Yafit & Benbenishty, Rami
- 1712-1718 Recent changes in the child welfare system: One state's experience
by Armstrong, Mary I. & Swanke, Jayme R. & Strozier, Anne & Yampolskaya, Svetlana & Sharrock, Patty J.
- 1719-1726 Family histories and multiple transitions among homeless young adults: Pathways to homelessness
by Tyler, Kimberly A. & Schmitz, Rachel M.
- 1727-1733 Looking beneath and in-between the hidden surfaces: a critical review of defining, measuring and contextualizing mental health service disparities in the child welfare system
by Garcia, Antonio R. & Palinkas, Lawrence A. & Snowden, Lonnie & Landsverk, John
- 1734-1741 Recruiting fathers to parenting programs: Advice from dads and fatherhood program providers
by Stahlschmidt, Mary Jo & Threlfall, Jennifer & Seay, Kristen D. & Lewis, Ericka M. & Kohl, Patricia L.
- 1742-1750 Parenting stress and parenting behavior among foster mothers of foster children with externalizing problems
by Vanschoonlandt, Femke & Vanderfaeillie, Johan & Van Holen, Frank & De Maeyer, Skrällan & Robberechts, Marijke
- 1751-1759 Fathers' involvement with the Child Welfare Service
by Storhaug, Anita Skårstad
- 1760-1765 Pregnancy risk among older youth transitioning out of foster care
by Matta Oshima, Karen M. & Narendorf, Sarah Carter & McMillen, J. Curtis
- 1766-1772 Can children and young people be empowered in participatory initiatives?: Perspectives from young people's participation in policy formulation and implementation in Ghana
by Adu-Gyamfi, Jones
- 1773-1779 Concurrent reductions in psychotropic medication, assault, and physical restraint in two residential treatment programs for youth
by Bellonci, Christopher & Huefner, Jonathan C. & Griffith, Annette K. & Vogel-Rosen, Georgi & Smith, Gail L. & Preston, Scott
- 1780-1788 An item response theory investigation of the Family Assessment Form
by Franke, Todd M. & Christie, Christina A. & Ho, Jennifer & Du, Lingyun
- 1789-1793 Public child welfare workers' perception of efficacy relative to multicultural awareness, knowledge and skills
by Williams, Sharon E. & Nichols, Quienton L. & Williams, Nadia L.
2013, Volume 35, Issue 8
- 1159-1165 Place, power, and possibility: Remaking social work with children and youth
by Finn, Janet L. & Nybell, Lynn M. & Shook, Jeffrey J.
- 1166-1173 Judging childhood
by Finn, Janet L.
- 1174-1181 Providing new opportunities or reinforcing old stereotypes? Perceptions and experiences of single-sex public education
by Goodkind, Sara & Schelbe, Lisa & Joseph, Andrea A. & Beers, Daphne E. & Pinsky, Stephanie L.
- 1182-1188 Violent children and structural violence: Re-signaling ‘RAD Kids’ to inform the social work professions
by Stryker, Rachael
- 1189-1196 Rethinking youth voice and institutional power: Reflections from inside a service learning partnership in a California juvenile hall
by Tilton, Jennifer
- 1197-1205 Dissolving borders: Reframing risk, delinquent peers, and youth violence
by Lustig, Deborah Freedman & Sung, Kenzo K.
- 1206-1211 Promoting youth voice in Indian country
by Caringi, James C. & Klika, Bart & Zimmerman, Marilyn & Trautman, Ashley & van den Pol, Rick
- 1212-1218 Between badness and sickness: Reconsidering medicalization for high risk children and youth
by Bosk, Emily Adlin
- 1219-1226 Negotiating narratives surrounding children's mental health diagnoses: Children and their contribution to the discourse
by Bringewatt, Elizabeth H.
- 1227-1235 Locating “youth voice:” Considering the contexts of speaking in foster care
by Nybell, Lynn M.
- 1236-1244 Juvenile or adult? Negotiating and contesting childhood in the courtroom
by Shook, Jeffrey J.
- 1245-1251 Framing “at risk” students: Struggles at the boundaries of access to higher education
by Gray, Sylvia Sims
- 1252-1259 Deservingness, children in poverty, and collective well being
by Cousins, Linwood H.
- 1260-1267 For the public good: Urban youth advocacy and the fight for public education
by Ramey, Jessie B.
- 1268-1275 Building a youth-led movement to keep young people out of the adult criminal justice system
by Ford, Recco & Hershberger, Shawna & Glenn, Joshua & Morris, Sarah & Saez, Victor & Togba, Francis & Watson, Joshua & Williams, Romeeka
- 1276-1283 “Well, if you can't smile you should go home!” Experiences and reflective insights on providing outreach to young sex trade workers
by Saldanha, Kennedy & Parenteau, Derek
- 1284-1290 Navigating “illegality”: Undocumented youth & oppositional consciousness
by Negrón-Gonzales, Genevieve
- 1291-1296 What constitutes youth organizing? Exploring the role of conservative contexts in understanding practice
by Richards-Schuster, Katie & Juras, Jennifer & Young, Sarah R. & Timmermans, Rebecca J.
2013, Volume 35, Issue 7
- 1041-1047 Childhood maltreatment and motivation for treatment in girls in compulsory residential care
by Leenarts, Laura E.W. & Hoeve, Machteld & Van de Ven, Peter M. & Lodewijks, Henny P.B. & Doreleijers, Theo A.H.
- 1050-1054 Mental health service utilization in children adopted from US foster care, US private agencies and foreign countries: Data from the 2007 National Survey of Adoption Parents (NSAP)
by Tan, Tony Xing & Marn, Travis
- 1055-1070 Fathers as ‘core business’ in child welfare practice and research: An interdisciplinary review
by Zanoni, Lee & Warburton, Wayne & Bussey, Kay & McMaugh, Anne
- 1071-1077 Sibling relationships and internalizing symptoms of youth in foster care
by Wojciak, Armeda Stevenson & McWey, Lenore M. & Helfrich, Christine M.
- 1078-1086 Family assets, postsecondary education, and students with disabilities: Building on progress and overcoming challenges
by Cheatham, Gregory A. & Smith, Sean J. & Elliott, William & Friedline, Terri
- 1087-1094 Placement disruption in long-term kinship and nonkinship foster care
by Holtan, Amy & Handegård, Bjørn Helge & Thørnblad, Renee & Vis, Svein Arild
- 1095-1100 Friendship in children with internalizing and externalizing problems: A preliminary investigation with the Pictorial Assessment of Interpersonal Relationships
by Laghi, Fiorenzo & Baiocco, Roberto & Cannoni, Eleonora & Di Norcia, Anna & Baumgartner, Emma & Bombi, Anna Silvia
- 1101-1109 South African social workers' knowledge of attachment theory and their perceptions of attachment relationships in foster care supervision
by Lesch, E. & Deist, M. & Booysen, L. & Edwards, E.
- 1110-1117 Friends with benefits or “friends” with deficits? The meaning and contexts of uncommitted sexual relationships among Mexican American and European American adolescents
by Williams, Lela Rankin & Adams, Heidi L.
- 1119-1129 Estimating the effects of Head Start on parenting and child maltreatment
by Zhai, Fuhua & Waldfogel, Jane & Brooks-Gunn, Jeanne
- 1130-1142 Child welfare and the challenge of causal inference
by Foster, E. Michael & McCombs-Thornton, Kimberly
- 1143-1151 Causal effects of foster care: An instrumental-variables approach
by Doyle, Joseph J.
- 1152-1157 Evaluating situations in child welfare: From tools to workgroups
by Boutanquoi, Michel & Bournel-Bosson, Maryse & Minary, Jean-Pierre
2013, Volume 35, Issue 6
- 923-929 Emerging adulthood among former system youth: The ideal versus the real
by Munson, Michelle R. & Lee, Bethany R. & Miller, David & Cole, Andrea & Nedelcu, Cristina
- 930-936 Biogenetic and functional frameworks for the assignment of parentage by the courts: Implications for foster caregivers
by Putnam-Hornstein, Emily & Yoshioka-Maxwell, Amanda
- 937-949 Adult resilience among maltreated children: A prospective investigation of main effect and mediating models
by Topitzes, James & Mersky, Joshua P. & Dezen, Kristin A. & Reynolds, Arthur J.
- 950-959 The independent effects of socio-demographic and programmatic factors on economic strain among parents in a Child Savings Accounts program
by Okech, David
- 960-965 Patterns and correlates of adolescent weight change in residential care
by Nelson, Timothy D. & Van Dyk, Tori R. & Lundahl, Alyssa & Huefner, Jonathan & Thompson, Ronald W. & Epstein, Michael H.
- 966-972 A population-based inquiry of homeless episode characteristics and early educational well-being
by Fantuzzo, John & LeBoeuf, Whitney & Brumley, Benjamin & Perlman, Staci
- 973-983 Analyzing sub-population profiles and risk factors for school bullying
by Lawson, Michael A. & Alameda-Lawson, Tania & Downer, Jenai & Anderson, Elizabeth
- 984-993 Can we trust parental reports of child care subsidy receipt?
by Johnson, Anna D. & Herbst, Chris M.
- 994-1006 Connections with banking institutions and diverse asset portfolios in young adulthood: Children as potential future investors
by Friedline, Terri & Elliott, William
- 1007-1014 Recollections of harsh discipline in childhood and depressive feelings in adulthood: The roles of culture and gender
by Davidov, Maayan & Khoury-Kassabri, Mona
- 1015-1022 Child-centered approach in the context of the assessment of children in need: Reflections of child protection workers in Estonia
by Toros, Karmen & Tiko, Anne & Saia, Koidu
- 1023-1029 Statewide dissemination of trauma-focused cognitive-behavioral therapy (TF-CBT)
by Sigel, Benjamin A. & Kramer, Teresa L. & Conners-Burrow, Nicola A. & Church, Janice K. & Worley, Karen B. & Mitrani, Nicholas A.
- 1030-1040 Assigning volunteer tasks: The relation between task preferences and functional motives of youth volunteers
by Willems, Jurgen & Walk, Marlene
2013, Volume 35, Issue 5
- 743-752 Juvenile life without the possibility of parole: Constitutional but complicated
by Mallett, Christopher A.
- 753-761 Typologies of substance use and illegal behaviors: A comparison of emerging adults with histories of foster care and the general population
by Snyder, Susan M. & Medeiros, Rose Anne
- 762-770 “It is difficult to be here with my sister but intolerable to be without her”: Intact sibling placement in residential care
by Leichtentritt, Judy
- 771-779 The Brief Assessment Checklists (BAC-C, BAC-A): Mental health screening measures for school-aged children and adolescents in foster, kinship, residential and adoptive care
by Tarren-Sweeney, Michael
- 780-786 Economic abuse, physical violence, and union formation
by Huang, Chien-Chung & Postmus, Judy L. & Vikse, Juliann H. & Wang, Lih-Rong
- 787-796 Implementing a case management initiative in high-need schools
by Wells, Rebecca & Gifford, Elizabeth J.
- 797-805 Children with disabilities in out-of-home care: Perspectives on organisational collaborations
by Ziviani, Jenny & Darlington, Yvonne & Feeney, Rachel & Meredith, Pamela & Head, Brian
- 806-815 Substance use among adolescent mothers: A review
by Carroll Chapman, Shawna L. & Wu, Li-Tzy
- 816-825 Preschool attendance and school-age profiles: A revision
by Borraz, Fernando & Cid, Alejandro
- 826-833 The relationship of placement experience to school absenteeism and changing schools in young, school-aged children in foster care
by Zorc, Catherine S. & O'Reilly, Amanda L.R. & Matone, Meredith & Long, Jin & Watts, Caroline L. & Rubin, David
- 834-836 Preventing hepatitis C virus transmission among young people in the justice system
by Lenton, Emily & White, Bethany & Aitken, Campbell & Hellard, Margaret & Higgs, Peter
- 837-847 The role of parental work schedule in CPS involvement
by Han, Wen-Jui & Huang, Chien-Chung & Williams, Margaret
- 848-855 School as haven: Transforming school environments into welcoming learning communities
by Bryant, Virletta C. & Shdaimah, Corey & Sander, Rebecca L. & Cornelius, Llewellyn J.
- 856-864 Academic engagement and performance: Estimating the impact of out-of-home care for maltreated children
by Font, Sarah & Maguire-Jack, Kathryn
- 865-870 Communicative competence and the facilitating and perturbing factors in the socialisation of immigrant students
by Moreno-Manso, Juan Manuel & Godoy-Merino, Ma José & Suárez-Muñoz, Ángel & García-Baamonde, Ma Elena
- 871-876 Is program structure related to stigma and community acceptance of justice-involved adolescents?
by Schwalbe, Craig S. & Ibrahim, Rawan W. & Brewer, Kathryne B. & MacKenzie, Michael J. & Gearing, Robin E.
- 877-882 “Draw me everything that happened to you”: Exploring children's drawings of sexual abuse
by Katz, Carmit & Hamama, Liat
- 883-889 Didn't we just see you? Time to recurrence among frequently encountered families in CPS
by Zhang, Saijun & Fuller, Tamara & Nieto, Martin
- 890-898 Program features and developmental experiences at a camp for youth with cancer
by Gillard, Ann & Watts, Clifton E.
- 899-907 Doing time, filling time: Bureaucratic ritualism as a systemic barrier to youth reentry
by Fader, Jamie J. & Dum, Christopher P.
- 908-915 Sources of parenting support in early fatherhood: Perspectives of United States Air Force members
by Lee, Shawna J. & Neugut, Tova B. & Rosenblum, Katherine L. & Tolman, Richard M. & Travis, Wendy J. & Walker, Margaret H.
- 916-922 Gender differences in perceptions of aftercare supports and services
by Huscroft-D'Angelo, Jacqueline & Trout, Alexandra & Epstein, Michael & Duppong-Hurley, Kristin & Thompson, Ron
2013, Volume 35, Issue 4
- 587-593 Children placed in long-term family foster care: A longitudinal study into the development of problem behavior and associated factors
by Vanderfaeillie, Johan & Van Holen, Frank & Vanschoonlandt, Femke & Robberechts, Marijke & Stroobants, Tim
- 594-602 Organizational climate and burnout among home visitors: Testing mediating effects of empowerment
by Lee, Eunju & Esaki, Nina & Kim, Jeehoon & Greene, Rose & Kirkland, Kristen & Mitchell-Herzfeld, Susan
- 603-610 Psychopathology, physical complaints and health risk behaviors among youths who were victims of childhood maltreatment: A comparison between home and institutional interventions
by Pinto, Ricardo J. & Maia, Ângela C.
- 611-617 Making complex decisions: Child protection workers' practices and interventions with families experiencing intimate partner violence
by Hughes, Judy & Chau, Shirley
- 618-625 The role of social relationships in the association between adolescents' depressive symptoms and academic achievement
by Maurizi, Laura K. & Grogan-Kaylor, Andrew & Granillo, M. Teresa & Delva, Jorge
- 626-633 Describing the context and nature of emotional maltreatment reports in children
by Simmel, Cassandra & Shpiegel, Svetlana
- 634-641 When practice and policy collide: Child welfare workers' perceptions of investigation processes
by Lee, Shawna J. & Sobeck, Joanne L. & Djelaj, Valentina & Agius, Elizabeth
- 642-656 Effectiveness and implementation of evidence-based practices in residential care settings
by James, Sigrid & Alemi, Qais & Zepeda, Veronica
- 657-663 Intention to leave in social workers and educators employed in voluntary child welfare agencies
by Schudrich, Wendy Zeitlin & Liao, Aries & Lawrence, Catherine & Auerbach, Charles & Gomes, Anne-Marie & Fernandes, Gretta & McGowan, Brenda & Claiborne, Nancy
- 664-667 Socioemotional characteristics of minors in foster care: A comparison between the estimation of parents, teachers and children
by Gil Llario, Mª Dolores & Ceccato, Roberta & Molero Mañes, Rosa & Ballester Arnal, Rafael
- 668-677 Explaining heterogeneity in the child poverty rate among immigrant families: Differences by parental citizenship
by Joo, Myungkook
- 678-684 Long-term changes in parenting and child behavior after the Home-Start family support program
by Hermanns, Jo M.A. & Asscher, Jessica J. & Zijlstra, Bonne J.H. & Hoffenaar, Peter J. & Dekovič, Maja
- 685-693 A qualitative study investigating adolescents' understanding of aggression, bullying and violence
by Hopkins, Lisa & Taylor, Laura & Bowen, Erica & Wood, Clare
- 694-706 Foster care in India: An exploratory survey of the community perceptions and prospects for implementation of foster care in a developing nation: A study in Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
by Forber-Pratt, Ian Anand & Loo, Stephanie & Price, Sara & Acharya, Jyoti
- 707-715 Engagement in child protective services: Parent perceptions of worker skills
by Schreiber, Jill C. & Fuller, Tamara & Paceley, Megan S.
- 716-724 Externalizing problems in young foster children: Prevalence rates, predictors and service use
by Vanschoonlandt, Femke & Vanderfaeillie, Johan & Van Holen, Frank & De Maeyer, Skrällan & Robberechts, Marijke
- 725-733 Propensity to perpetrate abusive behaviors: Internet survey of the role of gender, childhood maltreatment, and perception of maltreatment in Nigeria
by Fakunmoju, Sunday B. & Bammeke, Funmi O.
- 734-741 Motivating child welfare case managers: An application and extension of feedback information theory
by Preston, Mark S.
2013, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 367-376 Adult well-being of foster care alumni: Comparisons to other child welfare recipients and a non-child welfare sample in a high-risk, urban setting
by Mersky, Joshua P. & Janczewski, Colleen
- 377-383 Integrating creative art into a community-based mental health program for Asian American transition age youth
by Shik, Angela W.Y.
- 384-393 The Assessment Checklist for Adolescents — ACA: A scale for measuring the mental health of young people in foster, kinship, residential and adoptive care
by Tarren-Sweeney, Michael
- 394-401 Re-examining child welfare's response to ICWA: Collaborating with community-based agencies to reduce disparities for American Indian/Alaska Native children
by Bussey, Marian & Lucero, Nancy M.
- 402-410 The role of identity-based motivation and solution-focus brief therapy in unifying accounts and financial education in school-related CDA programs
by Elliott, William & Kim, Johnny S.
- 411-419 Increasing access to quality child care for children from low-income families: Families' experiences
by Lipscomb, Shannon T.
- 420-428 The elementary-school functioning of children with maltreatment histories and mild cognitive or behavioral disabilities: A mixed methods inquiry
by Haight, Wendy & Kayama, Misa & Kincaid, Tamara & Evans, Kelly & Kim, Nam Keol
- 429-438 Is relationship and marriage education relevant and appropriate to child welfare?
by Schramm, David G. & Futris, Ted G. & Galovan, Adam M. & Allen, Kimberly
- 439-446 Delinquent and aggressive behaviors in early-adopted adolescents: Longitudinal predictions from child temperament and maternal sensitivity
by van der Voort, Anja & Linting, Mariëlle & Juffer, Femmie & Bakermans-Kranenburg, Marian J. & van IJzendoorn, Marinus H.
- 447-452 Developing youth workers: Career ladders for sector stability
by Thompson, Ashleigh & Shockley, Carrie
- 453-460 Probability of living through a period of economic instability
by Elliott, William & Friedline, Terri & Nam, Ilsung
- 461-471 The effects of economic instability on children's educational outcomes
by Elliott, William
- 472-481 Moderating effects of race on internalizing and externalizing behaviors among children of criminal justice and child welfare involved mothers
by Miller, Keva M. & Bank, Lewis
- 482-487 Identity status differences among Italian adolescents: Associations with time perspective
by Laghi, Fiorenzo & Baiocco, Roberto & Liga, Francesca & Guarino, Angela & Baumgartner, Emma
- 488-492 Attachment in adopted adolescents. National adoption in Chile
by Escobar, María Josefina & Santelices, María Pía
- 493-504 The invisibility of adolescent sexual development in foster care: Seriously addressing sexually transmitted infections and access to services
by Robertson, Roni Diamant
- 505-508 The relationship between problematic internet use and interpersonal cognitive distortions and life satisfaction in university students
by Çelik, Çiğdem Berber & Odacı, Hatice
- 509-517 Measuring youth connections: A component of relational permanence for foster youth
by Semanchin Jones, Annette & LaLiberte, Traci
- 518-524 Predictors of out-of-home placement following residential treatment
by den Dunnen, Wendy & Stewart, Shannon L. & Currie, Melissa & Willits, Elizabeth & Baiden, Philip
- 525-534 Child center closures: Does nonprofit status provide a comparative advantage?
by Lam, Marcus & Klein, Sacha & Freisthler, Bridget & Weiss, Robert E.
- 535-547 Small-dollar accounts, children's college outcomes, and wilt
by Elliott, William & Song, Hyun-a & Nam, Ilsung
- 548-559 Small-dollar children's saving accounts and children's college outcomes by race
by Friedline, Terri & Elliott, William & Nam, Ilsung
- 560-571 Small-dollar children's savings accounts and children's college outcomes by income level
by Elliott, William & Song, Hyun-a & Nam, Ilsung
- 572-585 Small-dollar children's savings accounts and children's college outcomes
by Elliott, William
2013, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 205-212 Establishing a mental health service for young children in out-of-home care: The Gumnut Clinic for 0 to 5year olds in Western Sydney
by Tucker, Romina & Mares, Sarah
- 213-217 Understanding the risk of offending for the children of imprisoned parents: A review of the evidence
by Flynn, Catherine
- 218-227 Transitioning youth: Policies and outcomes
by Stott, Tonia
- 228-236 The place of “think family” approaches in child and family social work: Messages from a process evaluation of an English pathfinder service
by Thoburn, June & Cooper, Neil & Brandon, Marian & Connolly, Sara
- 237-243 The hidden curriculum of youth care interventions—A case study
by Hopman, Marit & de Winter, Micha & Koops, Willem
- 244-252 Cost analysis of the strengthening families program in reducing time to family reunification among substance-affected families
by Johnson-Motoyama, Michelle & Brook, Jody & Yan, Yueqi & McDonald, Thomas P.
- 253-257 Suicidal behavior and associated factors in sexually abused adolescents
by Soylu, Nusret & Alpaslan, Ahmet Hamdi
- 258-267 Runaway behavior among adolescents in residential care: The role of personal characteristics, victimization experiences while in care, social climate, and institutional factors
by Attar-Schwartz, Shalhevet
- 268-277 Evidence-based programs in children's services: A critical appraisal
by Axford, Nick & Morpeth, Louise
- 278-286 Beyond a bed: Support for positive development for youth residing in emergency shelters
by Heinze, Hillary J.
- 287-295 Family group decision making: Measuring fidelity to practice principles in public child welfare
by Rauktis, Mary Elizabeth & Bishop-Fitzpatrick, Lauren & Jung, Nahri & Pennell, Joan
- 296-301 Factors predicting student intervention when witnessing anti-LGBTQ harassment: The influence of peers, teachers, and climate
by Wernick, Laura J. & Kulick, Alex & Inglehart, Marita H.
- 302-311 Reducing youth's drug abuse through training social workers for cognitive–behavioral integrated treatment
by Cheung, Chau-kiu & Ngai, Steven Sek-yum
- 312-320 Social services for sexual minority youth: Preferences for what, where, and how services are delivered
by Wells, Elizabeth A. & Asakura, Kenta & Hoppe, Marilyn J. & Balsam, Kimberly F. & Morrison, Diane M. & Beadnell, Blair
- 321-331 A qualitative study on the pros and cons of ethnically matching culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) client families and child protection caseworkers
by Sawrikar, Pooja
- 332-339 Public attitudes toward the identification and reporting of alleged maltreatment cases among social groups in Israel
by Benbenishty, Rami & Schmid, Hillel
- 340-346 Employment mobility or turnover? An analysis of child welfare and protection employee retention
by Burns, Kenneth & Christie, Alastair
- 347-352 Improved decision making about suspected child maltreatment: Results of structuring the decision process
by de Kwaadsteniet, Leontien & Bartelink, Cora & Witteman, Cilia & ten Berge, Ingrid & van Yperen, Tom
- 353-357 Transactional stress and anxiety control beliefs among low-income early adolescents
by Hickle, Kristine E. & Anthony, Elizabeth K.
- 358-366 Stability and sequence of center-based and family childcare: Links with low-income children's school readiness
by Ansari, Arya & Winsler, Adam
2013, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 7-10 Internalizing and externalizing symptoms among unaccompanied refugee and Italian adolescents
by Thommessen, S. & Laghi, F. & Cerrone, C. & Baiocco, R. & Todd, B.K.
- 11-18 How different are their experiences and outcomes? Comparing aged out and other child welfare involved youth
by Shook, Jeffrey J. & Goodkind, Sara & Herring, David & Pohlig, Ryan T. & Kolivoski, Karen & Kim, Kevin H.
- 19-24 A statewide introduction of trauma-informed care in a child welfare system
by Kramer, Teresa L. & Sigel, Benjamin A. & Conners-Burrow, Nikki A. & Savary, Patricia E. & Tempel, Ashley
- 25-32 Research in play therapy: A 10-year review in Taiwan
by Tsai, Mei-Hsiang
- 33-39 Turning away from the public sector in children's out-of-home care: An English experiment
by Stanley, Nicky & Austerberry, Helen & Bilson, Andy & Farrelly, Nicola & Hussein, Shereen & Larkins, Cath & Manthorpe, Jill & Ridley, Julie
- 40-46 Characteristics related to family involvement in youth residential mental health treatment
by Robst, John & Armstrong, Mary & Dollard, Norín & Rohrer, Lodi & Sharrock, Patty & Batsche, Catherine & Reader, Steven
- 47-55 Predictors of aggression among Palestinians in Israel and Gaza: Happiness, need to belong, and self-control
by Ronen, Tammie & Abuelaish, Izzeldin & Rosenbaum, Michael & Agbaria, Qutaiba & Hamama, Liat
- 56-64 Therapeutic alliance between youth and staff in residential group care: Psychometrics of the therapeutic alliance quality scale
by Duppong Hurley, Kristin & Lambert, Matthew C. & Van Ryzin, Mark & Sullivan, Justin & Stevens, Amy
- 65-74 Poverty, social disadvantage, and the black/white placement gap
by Wulczyn, Fred & Gibbons, Robert & Snowden, Lonnie & Lery, Bridgette
- 75-81 Training foster parents in loyalty conflict: A training evaluation
by Mehta, Nirav & Baker, Amy J.L. & Chong, Jeannette
- 82-90 A latent class analysis of resilient development among early adolescents living in public housing
by Anthony, Elizabeth K. & Robbins, Danielle E.
- 91-101 Parent–child relationships, friendship networks, and developmental outcomes of economically disadvantaged youth in Hong Kong
by Ngai, Steven Sek-yum & Cheung, Chau-kiu & To, Siu-ming & Liu, Ying & Song, Han-yu
- 102-111 Support for basic psychological needs in the context of HIV disclosure for older youth
by Gillard, Ann & Roark, Mark F.
- 112-119 Cyberbullying and subjective health
by Låftman, Sara Brolin & Modin, Bitte & Östberg, Viveca
- 120-127 It takes a team: Improving placement stability among children and youth with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder in care in Canada
by Pelech, William & Badry, Dorothy & Daoust, Gabrielle
- 128-132 Are maternal and community risk factors associated with the presence of asthma among children placed in foster care?
by Hellyer, Jessica & Garrido, Edward F. & Petrenko, Christie L.M. & Taussig, Heather N.
- 133-141 Usual care for trauma-exposed youth: Are clinician-reported therapy techniques evidence-based?
by Borntrager, Cameo & Chorpita, Bruce F. & Higa-McMillan, Charmaine K. & Daleiden, Eric L. & Starace, Nicole
- 142-150 Is there a (transracial) adoption achievement gap?
by Raleigh, Elizabeth & Kao, Grace