Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:cysrev. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/childyouth .
2017, Volume 79, Issue C
- 315-324 Case studies of successful transition from out-of-home placement to young adulthood in Korea
by Nho, Choong Rai & Park, Eun Hye & McCarthy, Mary L.
- 325-332 “I am no longer alone”: Evaluation of the first North American camp for youth living in families with Huntington's disease
by Kavanaugh, Melinda S. & Cho, Chi & Maeda, Hotaka & Swope, Chandler
- 333-340 The buffering effect of child-caregiver relationships: Social skills development of ethnic minority children with maladaptive behaviors in rural China
by Lai, Angel H.Y. & Chui, Cheryl H.K. & Lo, Phyllis H.Y. & Jordan, Lucy P. & Chan, Cecilia L.W.
- 341-347 How can county-level maltreatment report rates better inform child welfare practice?
by Smith, Brenda D. & Kay, Emma Sophia & Womack, Bethany G.
- 348-354 Students' dreams for the future and perspectives on resilience-building aspects of their lives: The view from East Greenland
by Glendøs, Mia
- 355-361 Care-leavers and their children placed for adoption
by Roberts, Louise & Meakings, Sarah & Forrester, Donald & Smith, Audra & Shelton, Katherine
- 362-367 Effectiveness of brief intervention and case management for children and adolescents with mental health difficulties
by Wagner, Giorgia A. & Mildred, Helen & Gee, Donna & Black, Emma B. & Brann, Peter
- 368-384 Family poverty and neighborhood poverty: Links with children's school readiness before and after the Great Recession
by Wolf, Sharon & Magnuson, Katherine A. & Kimbro, Rachel T.
- 385-398 Building relationships between mentors and youth: Development of the TRICS model
by Donlan, Alice E. & McDermott, Elana R. & Zaff, Jonathan F.
- 399-407 A case record review of termination of parental rights cases involving parents with a disability
by Lightfoot, Elizabeth & Laliberte, Traci & Cho, Minhae
- 408-417 Contextual factors associated with the use of corporal punishment in U.S. public schools
by Font, Sarah A. & Gershoff, Elizabeth T.
- 418-425 Listening to the voices of children in decision-making: A challenge for the child protection system in Spain
by Balsells, M. Ángeles & Fuentes-Peláez, Nuria & Pastor, Crescencia
- 426-431 “When I went to camp, it made me free”: A longitudinal qualitative study of a residential intervention for adolescents living with HIV in the UK
by Lut, Irina & Evangeli, Michael & Ely, Amanda
- 432-441 Harnessing the strength of families to prevent social problems and promote adolescent well-being
by Lippold, Melissa A. & Jensen, Todd M.
- 442-449 A dual-factor model of mental health and social support: Evidence with adolescents in residential care
by Magalhães, Eunice & Calheiros, Maria Manuela
- 450-455 Youth Connections Scale-Child Version pilot study: Adapted tool for children in out-of-home placement
by Semanchin Jones, Annette
- 456-462 The evolving relationship between casework skills, engagement, and positive case outcomes in child protection: A structural equation model
by Damiani-Taraba, Gissele & Dumbrill, Gary & Gladstone, James & Koster, Andrew & Leslie, Bruce & Charles, Michelle
- 463-470 Being adopted in the school context: Individual and interpersonal predictors
by Soares, Joana & Barbosa-Ducharne, Maria & Palacios, Jesús & Fonseca, Sílvia
- 471-477 The self-defined experience of secular foster-care services for ultra-religious women in Israel: Using phenomenology to create cultural sensitive services
by Huss, Ephrat & Englesman, Shimrit
- 478-484 A survival analysis of the length of foster parenting duration and implications for recruitment and retention of foster parents
by Ahn, Haksoon & Greeno, Elizabeth J. & Bright, Charlotte Lyn & Hartzel, Samantha & Reiman, Sarah
- 485-494 Exploration of factors predictive of at-risk fathers' participation in a pilot study of an augmented evidence-based parent training program: A mixed methods approach
by Rostad, Whitney L. & Self-Brown, Shannon & Boyd, Clinton & Osborne, Melissa & Patterson, Alexandria
- 495-505 Latent classes of older foster youth: Prospective associations with outcomes and exits from the foster care system during the transition to adulthood
by Miller, Elizabeth A. & Paschall, Katherine W. & Azar, Sandra T.
- 506-516 Factors associated with service utilization in child welfare: A structural equation model
by Hollinshead, Dana M. & Kim, Sangwon & Fluke, John D. & Merkel-Holguin, Lisa
- 517-526 Culture and context: The differential impact of culture, risks and resources on resilience among vulnerable adolescents
by Sanders, Jackie & Munford, Robyn & Boden, Joseph
- 527-538 Recovery from child sexual abuse (CSA) in India: A relational framework for practice
by Chouliara, Zoë & Narang, Javita
- 547-557 Does joint legal custody increase child support for nonmarital children?
by Chen, Yiyu & Meyer, Daniel R.
- 558-563 Supportive housing program for homeless families: Foster care outcomes and best practices
by Lenz-Rashid, Sonja
- 564-575 Predictors of natural mentoring relationships among former foster youth
by Zinn, Andrew
- 576-583 Substance use behaviors by parents and the decision to substantiate child physical abuse and neglect by caseworkers
by Freisthler, Bridget & Kepple, Nancy J. & Wolf, Jennifer Price & Curry, Susanna R. & Gregoire, Tom
- 584-593 Against all odds: Vital Few foster families
by Orme, John G. & Cherry, Donna J. & Brown, Jason D.
- 594-601 Perceptions of microaggression in K-8 school settings: An exploratory study
by Wintner, Suzanne & Almeida, Joanna & Hamilton-Mason, Johnnie
- 602-611 A systematic review of interventions to improve post-secondary educational outcomes among foster care alumni
by Randolph, Karen A. & Thompson, Heather
- 612-619 Recalcitrance, compliance and the presentation of self: Exploring the concept of organisational misbehaviour in an English local authority child protection service
by Leigh, Jadwiga
- 620-630 School readiness in the Midwest Child-Parent Center Expansion: A propensity score analysis of year 1 impacts
by Richardson, Brandt A. & Reynolds, Arthur J. & Temple, Judy A. & Smerillo, Nicole E.
2017, Volume 78, Issue C
- 1-8 Supervisor and policy roles in social media use as a new technology in child welfare
by Sage, Melanie & Wells, Melissa & Sage, Todd & Devlin, Mary
- 9-17 Privatization and subsidization of adoption services from foster care: Empirical evidence
by Deutsch, Joseph & Hakim, Simon & Spiegel, Uriel & Sumkin, Michael
- 18-22 Mental health referrals and treatment in a sample of youth in foster care
by Baker, Amy J.L. & Schneiderman, Mel & Licandro, Victoria
- 23-31 Racial/ethnic disparities in prior mental health service use among incarcerated adolescents
by Lee, Lewis Hyukseung & Goodkind, Sara & Shook, Jeffrey J.
- 32-40 “We are merchandise on a conveyer belt”: How young adults in the public child protection system perceive their participation in decisions about their care
by Križ, Katrin & Roundtree-Swain, Dakota
- 41-47 Coping with change: Using the Bridge's Transitions Framework with foster youth
by Nesmith, Ande
- 48-55 The plans, goals, and concerns of pre-emancipated youth in foster care
by Lemus, Daisy & Farruggia, Susan P. & Germo, Gary & Chang, Esther S.
- 56-63 Satisfactions and stressors experienced by recently-hired frontline child welfare workers
by Schelbe, Lisa & Radey, Melissa & Panisch, Lisa S.
- 64-73 Perceived value of a campus-based college support program by students who aged out of foster care
by Unrau, Yvonne A. & Dawson, Ann & Hamilton, Ronicka D. & Bennett, Jamie L.
- 74-80 The influence of strain factors, social control factors, self-control and computer use on adolescent cyber delinquency: Korean National Panel Study
by Bae, Sung Man
- 81-88 Public housing agency preferences for the homeless as a policy lever: Examining county-level housing subsidy receipt and maltreatment rates
by Warren, Emily J. & Drazen, Yonah N. & Curtis, Marah A.
- 89-92 The impact of family group decision-making on preventing removals
by Lambert, Matthew C. & Johnson, Leah E. & Wang, Eugene W.
- 93-103 Resilience among adult survivors of childhood neglect: A missing piece in the resilience literature
by Ben-David, Vered & Jonson-Reid, Melissa
- 104-111 “Being in a group with others who have mental illness makes all the difference”: The views and experiences of parents who attended a mental health parenting program
by Coates, Dominiek & Phelan, Ruth & Heap, Joanna & Howe, Deborah
- 112-121 Migrants' and natives' attitudes to formal childcare in the Netherlands, Denmark and Germany
by Seibel, Verena & Hedegaard, Troels Fage
- 122-128 Recruitment and retention of child welfare workers in longitudinal research: Successful strategies from the Florida Study of Professionals for Safe Families
by Wilke, Dina J. & Radey, Melissa & Langenderfer-Magruder, Lisa
- 129-141 The implications of social exclusion and low material resources on children's satisfaction with life domains: A study of 12year-olds in 13 countries
by Gross-Manos, Daphna
- 142-149 Exploring the legal representation of individuals in foster care: What say youth and alumni?
by Miller, J. Jay & Duron, Jackie & Washington, Earl & Donohue-Dioh, Jessica
- 150-160 Early truancy evaluation: Replication of an evaluation using a regression discontinuity design
by Thomas, Johanna M.
- 161-169 Determining risk for child physical harm through the classification of economic insecurity
by Conrad-Hiebner, Aislinn & Paschall, Katherine W.
- 170-176 American Indian income and father involvement with children in urban cities
by Saasa, Sherinah & Limb, Gordon E.
- 177-188 Exploring patterns of receipt of cash grants, health care, and education among 7–10year old children in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
by Gordon, Nia & Godfrey, Erin & Aber, J. Lawrence & Richter, Linda
2017, Volume 77, Issue C
- 1-9 Children referred to foster care, family-style group care, and residential care: (How) do they differ?
by Leloux-Opmeer, Harmke & Kuiper, Chris H.Z. & Swaab, Hanna T. & Scholte, Evert M.
- 10-17 Prevalence and predictors of smartphone addiction proneness among Korean adolescents
by Lee, Changho & Lee, Sook-Jung
- 18-26 Acculturation stress and social support for young refugees in regional areas
by Joyce, Lisa & Liamputtong, Pranee
- 27-33 Homelessness and aging out of foster care: A national comparison of child welfare-involved adolescents
by Fowler, Patrick J. & Marcal, Katherine E. & Zhang, Jinjin & Day, Orin & Landsverk, John
- 34-45 Understanding churn: Predictors of reentry among families who leave the child care subsidy program in Maryland
by Davis, Elizabeth E. & Krafft, Caroline & Forry, Nicole D.
- 46-54 Juvenile court judicial expertise and children's permanency outcomes
by Zinn, Andrew & Orlebeke, Britany
- 55-61 Aggressive and stressed? Youth's aggressive behaviors in light of their internet use, sensation seeking, stress and social feelings
by Piko, Bettina F. & Prievara, Dora K. & Mellor, David
- 69-75 Risk assessment in a multicultural context: Risk and protective factors in the decision to place children in foster care
by Grumi, Serena & Milani, Luca & Di Blasio, Paola
- 76-85 Latent subtypes of youth in psychiatric residential care
by Boel-Studt, Shamra M.
- 86-93 The education of children in care: Agency and resilience
by Berridge, David
- 94-100 Self-perception and relationship quality as mediators of father's school-specific involvement and adolescent's academic achievement
by Gordon, Mellissa S.
- 101-109 Residential mobility predicts behavioral problems for children living in non-parental care during the transition to kindergarten
by Schmitt, Sara A. & Pratt, Megan E. & Lipscomb, Shannon T.
- 110-117 Who stays, who goes, who knows? A state-wide survey of child welfare workers
by Griffiths, Austin & Royse, David & Culver, Kalee & Piescher, Kristine & Zhang, Yanchen
- 118-126 Adolescents' closeness to paternal grandmothers in the face of parents' divorce
by Attar-Schwartz, Shalhevet & Fuller-Thomson, Esme
- 127-138 The role of social media on positive youth development: An analysis of 4-H Facebook page and 4-H'ers' positive development
by Lee, Ah Ram & Suzanne Horsley, J.
- 139-146 Teachers' and parents' perceptions of the role of technology and digital media in developing child culture in the early years
by Ihmeideh, Fathi & Alkhawaldeh, Mustafa
- 147-152 Barriers and resources in transition to adulthood among at-risk young adults
by Sulimani-Aidan, Yafit
- 153-163 Social outrage and organizational behavior: A national study of child protective service decisions
by Jagannathan, Radha & Camasso, Michael J.
- 164-176 A scoping literature review of service-level barriers for access and engagement with mental health services for children and young people
by Anderson, Joanna K. & Howarth, Emma & Vainre, Maris & Jones, Peter B. & Humphrey, Ayla
- 177-187 Parental drug use and permanency for young children in foster care: A competing risks analysis of reunification, guardianship, and adoption
by Lloyd, Margaret H. & Akin, Becci A. & Brook, Jody
- 188-196 Mental health and psychological adjustment in adults who were adopted during their childhood: A systematic review
by Melero, Sandra & Sánchez-Sandoval, Yolanda
- 197-207 Revealing the impact of loss: Exploring mental health through the use of drawing/writing with HIV positive adolescents in Johannesburg
by Woollett, Nataly & Brahmbhatt, Heena & Dodd, Kate & Booth, Michelle & Berman, Hayley & Cluver, Lucie
2017, Volume 76, Issue C
- 1-9 Cultural orientation, parental nurturance, and parent-child conflict among Asian American parents in New York City
by Zhai, Fuhua
- 10-19 Foster carer stress and satisfaction: An investigation of organisational, psychological and placement factors
by McKeough, A & Bear, K & Jones, C & Thompson, D & Kelly, PJ & Campbell, LE
- 20-34 Fostering employability among youth at-risk in a multi-cultural context: Insights from a pilot intervention program
by Lifshitz, Chen Chana
- 35-41 Risk, resilience, and complexity: Experiences of foster parents
by Cooley, Morgan E. & Thompson, Heather M. & Wojciak, Armeda Stevenson
- 42-50 Levels of stress and anxiety in child and family social work: Workers' perceptions of organizational structure, professional support and workplace opportunities in Children's Services in the UK
by Antonopoulou, P. & Killian, M. & Forrester, D.
- 51-58 Developmental heterogeneity of perceived social support among former foster youth
by Zinn, Andrew & Palmer, Ashley N. & Nam, Eunji
- 59-64 Using cell phones for data collection: Benefits, outcomes, and intervention possibilities with homeless youth
by Tyler, Kimberly A. & Schmitz, Rachel M.
- 65-73 “I don't know where I would be right now if it wasn't for them”: Emancipated foster care youth and their important non-parental adults
by Duke, Taylor & Farruggia, Susan P. & Germo, Gary R.
- 74-83 Outcomes of children who grew up in foster care: Systematic-review
by Gypen, Laura & Vanderfaeillie, Johan & De Maeyer, Skrallan & Belenger, Laurence & Van Holen, Frank
- 84-91 Measuring well-being among children and adolescents in the public behavioral health system: Clinicians' perspectives on current practices
by Anthony, Elizabeth K. & Booth, Jaime M.
- 92-99 Help seeking among adolescents in foster care: A qualitative study
by Johnson, Emily & Menna, Rosanne
- 100-111 Cultural competence and social desirability among practitioners: A systematic review of the literature
by Larson, Kristine E. & Bradshaw, Catherine P.
- 112-117 Organizational and health promotion benefits of diaper bank and community-based organization partnerships
by Massengale, Kelley E.C. & Erausquin, Jennifer Toller & Old, Michelle
- 118-124 Developmental outcomes among Korean adolescents in out-of-home care: A longitudinal study comparing kinship foster care and institutional care
by Kang, Hyunah & Woo, Seokjin & Chun, JongSerl & Nho, Choog Rai & Chung, Ick-Joong
- 125-132 Comparison of hope and the child-parent relationship of at-risk adolescents at home and in residential care
by Sulimani-Aidan, Yafit & Sivan, Yael & Davidson-Arad, Bilha
- 133-141 Parental working time patterns and children's socioemotional wellbeing: Comparing working parents in Finland, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands
by Rönkä, Anna & Malinen, Kaisa & Metsäpelto, Riitta-Leena & Laakso, Marja-Leena & Sevón, Eija & Verhoef-van Dorp, Melissa
- 142-153 Advancing the measurement of collective community capacity to address adverse childhood experiences and resilience
by Hargreaves, Margaret B. & Verbitsky-Savitz, Natalya & Coffee-Borden, Brandon & Perreras, Lexie & White, Catherine Roller & Pecora, Peter J. & Morgan, Geoffrey B. & Barila, Theresa & Ervin, Andi & Case, Lyndie & Hunter, Renee & Adams, Kathy
- 154-162 Latino adolescent substance use: A mediating model of inter-parental conflict, deviant peer associations, and parenting
by Pereyra, Sergio B. & Bean, Roy A
- 163-169 Bullying victimization and mental health outcomes of adolescents in Myanmar, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka
by Murshid, Nadine Shaanta
- 170-180 KVC's Bridging the Way Home: An innovative approach to the application of Trauma Systems Therapy in child welfare
by Redd, Zakia & Malm, Karin & Moore, Kristin & Murphy, Kelly & Beltz, Martha
- 181-191 Changes in parenting practices during Parent Management Training Oregon model with parents of children in foster care
by Akin, Becci A. & Yan, Yueqi & McDonald, Thomas & Moon, Jungrim
- 192-195 Professional proximity in perceiving child sexual abuse in residential care: The closer the better?
by Timmerman, Margaretha C. & Schreuder, Pauline R. & Kievitsbosch, Anne F.
- 196-202 Exploring the new child protection system in Mainland China: How does it work?
by Man, Xiaoou & Barth, Richard P. & Li, Yue-e & Wang, Zuobao
- 203-212 Drivers of change: Examining the effects of gender equality on child nutrition
by Sinha, Aakanksha & McRoy, Ruth G. & Berkman, Barbara & Sutherland, Melissa
- 213-226 Measuring racial disparities in foster care placement: A case study of Texas
by Kahn, Nicholas E. & Hansen, Mary Eschelbach
- 227-236 Addressing multi-dimensional child poverty: The experiences of caregivers in the Eastern Cape, South Africa
by Vaaltein, Sive & Schiller, Ulene
- 237-242 Parent-reported stigma and child anxiety: A mixed methods research study
by Chavira, Denise A. & Bantados, Brenda & Rapp, Amy & Firpo-Perretti, Yudelki M. & Escovar, Emily & Dixon, Louise & Drahota, Amy & Palinkas, Lawrence A.
- 243-249 “She treated us like we bring valid ideas to the table:” Youth experiences of a youth-led participatory budgeting process
by Augsberger, Astraea & Collins, Mary Elizabeth & Gecker, Whitney & Lusk, Katharine & Zhao, Qianqian Jane
- 250-257 School-going teenage mothers and fathers: Gender, challenges and the negotiation of learner-parent roles
by Ntini, Thobeka & Sewpaul, Vishanthie
2017, Volume 75, Issue C
- 1-6 The within poverty differences in the occurrence of physical neglect
by Shanahan, Meghan E. & Runyan, Desmond K. & Martin, Sandra L. & Kotch, Jonathan B.
- 7-14 Testing three pathways to substance use and delinquency among low-income African American adolescents
by Marotta, Phillip L. & Voisin, Dexter R.
- 15-22 “Everybody takes a road”: Perspectives on the pathway to delinquency among formerly incarcerated young men of color
by Lea, Charles H. & Abrams, Laura S.
- 23-34 Trauma-informed child welfare systems and children's well-being: A longitudinal evaluation of KVC's bridging the way home initiative
by Murphy, Kelly & Moore, Kristin Anderson & Redd, Zakia & Malm, Karin
- 35-41 Examining the relationship between child maltreatment and severity of attachment difficulties among children five years of age and older
by Shoemaker, Franklin Edward & Benuto, Lorraine T.
- 42-49 Child maltreatment re-notifications in Germany: Analysis of local case files
by Bae, Hwa-ok & Kindler, Heinz
- 50-60 Cyberbullying in 2010 and 2015 — A perspective on the changes in the phenomenon among adolescents in Poland in the context of preventive action
by Tomczyk, Łukasz
- 61-68 Social competence in Russian post-institutionalized children: A comparison of adopted and non-adopted children
by Caprin, Claudia & Benedan, Laura & Ballarin, Luigina & Gallace, Alessia
- 69-76 Mental health needs and therapeutic service utilization of young children in foster care in Germany
by Vasileva, Mira & Petermann, Franz
- 77-86 Using administrative data to evaluate the effectiveness of the Healthy Families Oregon home visiting program: 2-year impacts on child maltreatment & service utilization
by Green, Beth L. & Sanders, Mary Beth & Tarte, Jerod
- 87-95 Evaluation of the effectiveness of a pilot program that promotes sensitive response in the educational staff of Chilean nursery schools
by Santelices, María Pía & Farkas, Chamarrita & Aracena, Marcela
- 96-109 Examining the potential for racial disparity in out-of-home placement decisions: A quantitative matched-pair study
by Woodmass, Kyler & Weisberg, Sanford & Shlomi, Hilla & Rockymore, Maxie & Wells, Susan J.
- 110-115 Addressing the needs crossover youth: What key professionals are saying
by Walsh, Matthew A. & Jaggers, Jeremiah W.
- 116-126 Continuity of care in youth services: A systematic review
by Naert, Jan & Roose, Rudi & Rapp, Richard C. & Vanderplasschen, Wouter
- 127-137 Examining the potential for racial disparity in out-of-home placement decisions: A qualitative matched-pair study
by Skrypek, Margaret & Woodmass, Kyler & Rockymore, Maxie & Johnson, Geoff & Wells, Susan J.
- 138-145 Not in employment, education or training: Mental health, substance use, and disengagement in a multi-sectoral sample of service-seeking Canadian youth
by Henderson, Joanna L. & Hawke, Lisa D. & Chaim, Gloria
2017, Volume 74, Issue C
- 1-7 ‘Neither here nor there’: Refugee young people and homelessness in Australia
by Couch, Jen
- 8-16 The role and function of the spokesperson in care order proceedings: A cross-country study in Finland and Norway
by Enroos, Rosi & Stein Helland, Hege & Pösö, Tarja & Skivenes, Marit & Tonheim, Milfrid
- 17-27 Participatory discourse: Engagement in the context of child protection assessment practices from the perspectives of child protection workers, parents and children
by Arbeiter, Ere & Toros, Karmen
- 28-34 Reconnecting Youth: Promoting emotional competence and social support to improve academic achievement
by Dougherty, Danielle & Sharkey, Jill
- 35-49 Young child poverty in the United States: Analyzing trends in poverty and the role of anti-poverty programs using the Supplemental Poverty Measure
by Pac, Jessica & Nam, Jaehyun & Waldfogel, Jane & Wimer, Chris
- 50-61 The Israeli-Palestinian conflict: Meta-analysis of exposure and outcome relations for children of the region
by Slone, Michelle & Lavi, Iris & Ozer, Emily J. & Pollak, Adi
- 62-70 Prevalence, experiences, and characteristics of children and youth who enter foster care through voluntary placement agreements
by Hill, Katharine
- 71-79 “What do we do? This is not our area”. Child care providers' experiences when working with families and preschool children living with parental mental illness
by Laletas, Stella & Reupert, Andrea & Goodyear, Melinda
- 80-86 “Like a marriage”: Partnering with peer mentors in child welfare
by Sears, Jeanelle S. & Hall, Martin T. & Harris, Lesley M. & Mount, Shannon & Willauer, Tina & Posze, Lynn & Smead, Erin
- 87-95 Developing “whole school” bystander interventions: The role of school-settings in influencing adolescents responses to dating violence and bullying
by Storer, Heather L. & Casey, Erin A. & Herrenkohl, Todd I.
- 96-107 Examining the relationship between parental educational expectations and a community-based children's savings account program
by Rauscher, Emily & Elliott, William & O'Brien, Megan & Callahan, Jason & Steensma, Joe
- 108-116 Adverse childhood experiences among youth aging out of foster care: A latent class analysis
by Rebbe, Rebecca & Nurius, Paula S. & Ahrens, Kym R. & Courtney, Mark E.
- 117-124 Contact with birth family in intercountry adoptions: Comparing families headed by sexual minority and heterosexual parents
by Brodzinsky, David & Goldberg, Abbie E.
- 125-132 Availability and accessibility of public health services for adolescents and young people in South Africa
by Mokomane, Zitha & Mokhele, Tholang & Mathews, Catherine & Makoae, Mokhantšo
2017, Volume 73, Issue C
- 1-8 Longitudinal trends in substance use and mental health service needs in child welfare
by Mowbray, Orion & Ryan, Joseph P. & Victor, Bryan G. & Bushman, Gregory & Yochum, Clayton & Perron, Brian E.
- 9-14 Differences between risk factors for truancy and delinquency in Dutch adolescents
by van der Woude, Laurine B. & van der Stouwe, Trudy & Stams, Geert Jan J.M.
- 15-23 Implementation and program evaluation of trauma-informed care training across state child advocacy centers: An exploratory study
by Kenny, Maureen C. & Vazquez, Alejandro & Long, Haiying & Thompson, Dawn
- 24-36 Predictors of public early care and education use among children of low-income immigrants
by Johnson, Anna D. & Padilla, Christina M. & Votruba-Drzal, Elizabeth
- 37-46 Correlates of educational success: Predictors of school dropout and graduation for urban students in the Deep South
by Robison, Samuel & Jaggers, Jeremiah & Rhodes, Judith & Blackmon, Bret J. & Church, Wesley
- 47-56 Sex, violence, and drugs among Latin American and Caribbean adolescents: Do engaged parents make a difference?
by Ruprah, Inder J. & Sierra, Ricardo & Sutton, Heather
- 57-65 Child maltreatment and criminal convictions in youth: The role of gender, ethnicity and placement experiences in an Australian population
by Malvaso, Catia G & Delfabbro, Paul H & Day, Andrew
- 66-73 Reducing hostile parenting through computer-mediated parenting education
by Russell, Beth S. & Lincoln, Courtney R.
- 74-78 The presence of heavy Internet using peers is protective of the risk of problematic Internet use (PIU) in adolescents when the amount of use increases
by Lai, Francisco Tsz Tsun & Kwan, Joyce Lok Yin
- 79-87 Youth psychiatrically hospitalized for suicidality: Changes in familial structure, exposure to familial trauma, family conflict, and parental instability as precipitating factors
by Rice, Jessica L. & Tan, Tony Xing
- 88-92 Association between social support and child abuse potential among Japanese mothers
by Ono, Mayo & Honda, Sumihisa
- 93-99 Unaccompanied migrant children in the United States: Predictors of placement stability in long term foster care
by Crea, Thomas M. & Lopez, Anayeli & Taylor, Theresa & Underwood, Dawnya
- 100-106 Emotional and behavioral problems of children in residential care: Screening detection and referrals to mental health services
by González-García, Carla & Bravo, Amaia & Arruabarrena, Ignacia & Martín, Eduardo & Santos, Iriana & Del Valle, Jorge F.
- 107-112 Effectiveness of Multisystemic Therapy for gang-involved youth offenders: One year follow-up analysis of recidivism outcomes
by Boxer, Paul & Docherty, Meagan & Ostermann, Michael & Kubik, Joanna & Veysey, Bonita
- 113-120 Caregiver qualities, family closeness, and the well-being of adolescents engaged in the child welfare system
by Cederbaum, Julie A. & He, Amy S. & Fulginiti, Anthony & Sullivan, Kathrine & Krauss, Max D. & Amutah, Ndidi & Pohle, Cara
- 121-127 Personal control and service connection as paths to improved mental health and exiting homelessness among severely marginalized homeless youth
by Slesnick, Natasha & Zhang, Jing & Brakenhoff, Brittany
- 128-144 East Asian and US educators' reflections on how stigmatization affects their relationships with parents whose children have disabilities: Challenges and solutions
by Kayama, Misa & Haight, Wendy & Ku, May Lee Mary & Cho, Minhae & Lee, Hee Yun
- 145-148 Making better sense of children's trajectories in child protection in France
by Séraphin, Gilles & Bolter, Flora
- 149-164 Professionals' perceptions of and recommendations for matching juvenile drug court clients to services
by Korchmaros, Josephine D. & Thompson-Dyck, Kendra & Haring, Rodney C.
- 165-172 Psychotherapeutic care for sexually-victimized children – Do service providers meet the need? Multilevel analysis
by Weber, Sabine & Landolt, Markus A. & Maier, Thomas & Mohler-Kuo, Meichun & Schnyder, Ulrich & Jud, Andreas
- 173-181 Network indicators of the social ecology of adolescents in relative and non-relative Foster households
by Blakeslee, Jennifer & Kothari, Brianne H. & McBeath, Bowen & Sorenson, Paul & Bank, Lew
- 182-186 Children's health insurance, family income, and welfare enrollment
by Saavedra, Martin
- 187-196 Feasibility, acceptability, and effects of a peer support group to prevent child maltreatment among parents experiencing homelessness
by Haskett, Mary E. & Okoniewski, Katherine C. & Armstrong, Jenna M. & Galanti, Sally & Lowder, Evan & Loehman, Jessica & Lanier, Paul J.
- 197-204 Preschoolers' perceptions of neighborhood environment, safety, and help-seeking
by Katz, C. & McLeigh, Jill D. & El szwec, Bat
- 205-212 Adolescent delinquency in child welfare system: A multiple disadvantage model
by Cheng, Tyrone C. & Li, Qingyi
- 213-219 Emerging adult homelessness in geographic perspective: A view from the Rust Belt
by Bowen, Elizabeth A. & Miller, Berg & Barman-Adhikari, Anamika & Fallin, Kyla & Zuchlewski, Dale
- 220-229 Expressive writing intervention promotes resilience among juvenile justice-involved youth
by Greenbaum, Chloe A. & Javdani, Shabnam
- 230-241 The impact of after-school childcare arrangements on the developmental outcomes of low-income children
by Park, Hyejoon & Zhan, Min
- 242-247 Persistent nature of child marriage among women even when it is illegal: The case of Nepal
by Pandey, Shanta
- 248-256 “It's just broken branches”: Child welfare-affected mothers' dual experiences of insecurity and striving for resilience in the aftermath of complex trauma and familial substance abuse
by Stephens, Tricia & Aparicio, Elizabeth M.
- 257-265 Matching children with foster carers: A literature review
by Zeijlmans, Kirti & López, Mónica & Grietens, Hans & Knorth, Erik J.
- 266-273 Life after leaving care: Experiences of young Indian girls
by Dutta, Satarupa
- 274-282 Parental monitoring, the parent-child relationship and children's academic engagement in mother-headed single-parent families
by Malczyk, Benjamin R. & Lawson, Hal A.
- 283-290 The moderating effects of positive psychological strengths on the relationship between parental anxiety and child depression: The significance of father's role in Hong Kong
by Tam, Hau-lin & Yuk-ching Kwok Lai, Sylvia & Hay-ming Lo, Herman & Yiu-tsang Low, Andrew & Wai-keung Yeung, Jert & Ip-ki Li, Candice
- 291-297 The quest for rural child welfare workers: How different are they from their urban counterparts in demographics, organizational climate, and work attitudes?
by Kim, HaeJung & Hopkins, Karen M.
- 298-308 Student attitudes and behaviors as explanations for the Black-White suspension gap
by Huang, Francis L. & Cornell, Dewey G.
- 309-318 Improving child wellbeing and care in Sub-Saharan Africa: The role of social protection
by Roelen, Keetie & Delap, Emily & Jones, Camilla & Karki Chettri, Helen
- 319-327 Effective components of interventions in juvenile justice facilities: How to take care of delinquent youths?
by Mathys, Cécile
- 328-337 Community predictors of school engagement: The role of families and youth-adult partnership in Malaysia
by Krauss, Steven Eric & Kornbluh, Mariah & Zeldin, Shepherd
- 338-346 In their own words: Overcoming barriers during the transition to adulthood for youth with disabilities who experienced foster care
by Harwick, Robin M. & Lindstrom, Lauren & Unruh, Deanne
- 347-351 Do bullied children have poor relationships with their parents and teachers? A cross-sectional study of Swedish children
by Bjereld, Ylva & Daneback, Kristian & Petzold, Max
- 352-359 Mapping the inter-organizational landscape of child maltreatment prevention and service delivery: A network analysis
by Colvin, Marianna L.
- 360-367 Developmental changes in the bidirectional relationships between parental monitoring and child delinquency
by Yoo, Jeong Ah
- 368-374 The working alliance between homeless young adults and workers: A dyadic approach
by Altena, Astrid M. & Krabbenborg, Manon A.M. & Boersma, Sandra N. & Beijersbergen, Mariëlle D. & van den Berg, Yvonne H.M. & Vollebergh, Wilma A.M. & Wolf, Judith R.L.M.
- 375-383 Sexual health programming for vulnerable youth: Improving knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors
by Boustani, Maya M. & Frazier, Stacy L. & Lesperance, Nephtalie
- 384-391 Educators' perceptions of youth mental health: Implications for training and the promotion of mental health services in schools
by Moon, Jungrim & Williford, Anne & Mendenhall, Amy
- 392-397 Perspectives: Former foster youth refining the definition of placement moves
by Chambers, Ruth M. & Crutchfield, Rashida M. & Willis, Tasha Y. & Cuza, Haydée A. & Otero, Angelica & Carmichael, Heather
- 398-410 Understanding organizations for runaway and homeless youth: A multi-setting quantitative study of their characteristics and effects
by Gwadz, Marya Viorst & Cleland, Charles M. & Leonard, Noelle R. & Bolas, James & Ritchie, Amanda S. & Tabac, Lara & Freeman, Robert & Silverman, Elizabeth & Kutnick, Alexandra & Dickson, Victoria Vaughan & Hirsh, Margo & Powlovich, Jamie
- 411-418 Conceptualizing effective foster parent mentor programs: A participatory planning process
by Jay Miller, J. & Benner, Kalea & Pope, Natalie & Dumas, Tamikia & Damron, Larry J. & Segress, Melissa & Slone, Melissa & Thrasher, Shawndaya & Niu, Chunling
- 419-429 Describing theoretical underpinnings in juvenile justice diversion: A case study explicating Teen Court program theory to guide research and practice
by DeFosset, Amelia R & Schooley, Taylor S & Abrams, Laura S & Kuo, Tony & Gase, Lauren N
- 430-436 “At times I kinda felt I was in an institution”: Supportive housing for transition age youth and young adults
by Munson, Michelle R. & Stanhope, Victoria & Small, Latoya & Atterbury, Kendall
- 437-444 The moderating role of resiliency on the negative effects of childhood abuse for adolescent girls involved in child welfare
by Tlapek, Sarah Myers & Auslander, Wendy & Edmond, Tonya & Gerke, Donald & Voth Schrag, Rachel & Threlfall, Jennifer
- 445-453 In the midst of a ‘perfect storm’: Unpacking the causes and consequences of Ebola-related stigma for children orphaned by Ebola in Sierra Leone
by Denis-Ramirez, Elise & Sørensen, Katrine Holmegaard & Skovdal, Morten
- 454-466 Drug and alcohol use and its relationship to self-rated health: An ecological examination among Latino and non-Hispanic White adolescents
by Boyas, Javier F. & Kim, Yi Jin & Moon, Sung Seek & Ruiz, Erika & Gaines, Kaylynn
- 467-473 The Letterbox Club book gifting intervention: Findings from a qualitative evaluation accompanying a randomised controlled trial
by Roberts, Jennifer & Winter, Karen & Connolly, Paul
- 474-481 Recognising and responding to young people with learning disabilities who experience, or are at risk of, child sexual exploitation in the UK
by Franklin, Anita & Smeaton, Emilie
2017, Volume 72, Issue C
- 1-4 Introduction to the special issue on the economic causes and consequences of child maltreatment
by Slack, Kristen S. & Berger, Lawrence M. & Noyes, Jennifer L.
- 5-13 Child welfare involvement and contexts of poverty: The role of parental adversities, social networks, and social services
by Fong, Kelley
- 14-25 Economic predictors of child maltreatment in an Australian population-based birth cohort
by Doidge, James C & Higgins, Daryl J & Delfabbro, Paul & Edwards, Ben & Vassallo, Suzanne & Toumbourou, John W & Segal, Leonie
- 26-33 The influence of concrete support on child welfare program engagement, progress, and recurrence
by Rostad, Whitney L. & Rogers, Tia McGill & Chaffin, Mark J.
- 34-43 Out-of-home placement and regional variations in poverty and health and social services spending: A multilevel analysis
by Esposito, Tonino & Chabot, Martin & Rothwell, David W. & Trocmé, Nico & Delaye, Ashleigh
- 44-51 Intersections of individual and neighborhood disadvantage: Implications for child maltreatment
by Maguire-Jack, Kathryn & Font, Sarah A.
- 52-59 Pathways of risk and resilience between neighborhood socioeconomic conditions and parenting
by Shuey, Elizabeth A. & Leventhal, Tama