Children and Youth Services Review
2016, Volume 67, Issue C
- 43-49 In between formal and informal: Staff and youth relationships in care and after leaving care
by Sulimani-Aidan, Yafit
- 50-56 A study of performance indicators and Ofsted ratings in English child protection services
by Hood, Rick & Grant, Robert & Jones, Ray & Goldacre, Allie
- 57-66 Family formation: A positive outcome for vulnerable young women?
by Ben-David, Vered & Jonson-Reid, Melissa & Bright, Charlotte & Drake, Brett
- 67-75 Forensic evaluations of drug endangered children: “My house caught on fire; my cat jumped out the window”
by Shukla, Rashi K. & Bell, Kathy & Maier, Elizabeth A. & Newton, David C.
- 76-83 School enrolment following multisystemic treatment: A register-based examination among youth with severe behavioural problems
by Dæhlen, Marianne & Madsen, Christian
- 84-94 From foster care to juvenile justice: Exploring characteristics of youth in three cities
by Cutuli, J.J. & Goerge, Robert M. & Coulton, Claudia & Schretzman, Maryanne & Crampton, David & Charvat, Benjamin J. & Lalich, Nina & Raithel, JessicaA. & Gacitua, Cristobal & Lee, Eun Lye
- 95-104 Behavior problems and children's academic achievement: A test of growth-curve models with gender and racial differences
by Kremer, Kristen P. & Flower, Andrea & Huang, Jin & Vaughn, Michael G.
- 105-113 Children's participation in national policymaking: “You're so adorable, adorable, adorable! I'm speechless; so much fun!”
by Perry-Hazan, Lotem
- 114-122 Exploring wellbeing and agency among urban youth through photovoice
by Rose, Theda & Shdaimah, Corey & de Tablan, Dante & Sharpe, Tanya L.
- 123-132 What's so different about differential response? A multilevel and longitudinal analysis of child neglect investigations
by Janczewski, Colleen E. & Mersky, Joshua P.
- 133-141 An empirical test of a model of academic expectations among youth in residential care
by Melkman, Eran & Refaeli, Tehila & Benbenishty, Rami
- 142-151 Foster and adoptive parent training: A process and outcome investigation of the preservice PRIDE program
by Nash, Jordanna J. & Flynn, Robert J.
- 152-160 Pathways to permanence in England and Norway: A critical analysis of documents and data
by Skivenes, Marit & Thoburn, June
- 161-167 A predictive model of adolescent persistence in counseling
by Holm, Jessica M. & Barrio Minton, Casey A.
- 168-176 Predictors of adverse gambling related consequences among adolescent boys
by Ricijas, Neven & Dodig Hundric, Dora & Huic, Aleksandra
- 177-183 Foster children's views of their birth parents: A review of the literature
by Baker, Amy J.L. & Creegan, Alyssa & Quinones, Alexa & Rozelle, Laura
- 184-190 Factors affecting adoption in Wales: Predictors of variation in time between entry to care and adoptive placement
by Anthony, Rebecca & Meakings, Sarah & Doughty, Julie & Ottaway, Heather & Holland, Sally & Shelton, Katherine H.
- 191-197 Running away from child welfare placements: Justice system entry risk
by Sarri, Rosemary C. & Stoffregen, Elizabeth & Ryan, Joseph P.
- 198-202 Characteristics of cases submitted to a statewide system of child abuse experts
by Girardet, Rebecca & Lahoti, Sheela & Bolton, Kelly & Kellogg, Nancy
- 203-211 Interpersonal trauma and associated psychopathology in girls and boys living in residential care
by Fischer, Sophia & Dölitzsch, Claudia & Schmeck, Klaus & Fegert, Jörg M. & Schmid, Marc
- 212-219 Understanding and responding to chronic neglect: A mixed methods case record examination
by Semanchin Jones, Annette & Logan-Greene, Patricia
- 220-229 Healthcare providers' perspectives on parental health literacy and child health outcomes among Southeast Asian American immigrants and refugees
by Khuu, Belle P. & Lee, Hee Y. & Zhou, Anne Q. & Shin, Jihee & Lee, Richard M.
- 230-237 The impact of para-professional social workers and community health care workers in Côte d'Ivoire: Contributions to the protection and social support of vulnerable children in a resource poor country
by Muriuki, Andrew M. & Moss, Tamarah
- 238-246 Effectiveness of a group-based academic tutoring program for children in foster care: A randomized controlled trial
by Harper, Julie & Schmidt, Fred
- 247-253 Maternal victimization and child trauma: The mediating role of mothers' affect
by Fusco, Rachel A. & Jung, Nahri & Newhill, Christina E.
- 254-262 Case file coding of child maltreatment: Methods, challenges, and innovations in a longitudinal project of youth in foster care
by Huffhines, Lindsay & Tunno, Angela M. & Cho, Bridget & Hambrick, Erin P. & Campos, Ilse & Lichty, Brittany & Jackson, Yo
- 263-269 Childhood cancer survivors' experiences in school re-entry in South Korea: Focusing on academic problems and peer victimization
by Yi, Jaehee & Kim, Min Ah & Hong, Jun Sung & Akter, Jesmin
- 270-276 The role of parental involvement in trajectories of aggression in children from 24months to Pre-Kindergarten using growth curve models
by Yingling, Marissa E. & Bell, Bethany A.
2016, Volume 66, Issue C
- 1-8 Parents' perceptions of juvenile probation: Relationship and interaction with juvenile probation officers, parent strategies, and youth's compliance on probation
by Vidal, Sarah & Woolard, Jennifer
- 9-17 Psychotropic medications in child welfare: From federal mandate to direct care
by Barnett, Erin R. & Butcher, Rebecca L. & Neubacher, Katrin & Jankowski, Mary K. & Daviss, William B. & Carluzzo, Kathleen L. & Ungarelli, Erica G. & Yackley, Cathleen R.
- 18-27 National profile of Latino/Latina children reported to the child welfare system for sexual abuse
by Graham, Laurie M. & Lanier, Paul & Johnson-Motoyama, Michelle
- 28-34 Pathways from neighborhood to neglect: The mediating effects of social support and parenting stress
by Maguire-Jack, Kathryn & Wang, Xiafei
- 35-44 A multidimensional approach to child poverty in Taiwan
by Leu, Chao-Hsien & Chen, Ke-Mei & Chen, Hsiu-Hui
- 45-55 Downward spiral: The impact of out-of-home placement on paternal welfare dependency
by Fallesen, Peter
- 56-61 Aggressive behaviors among Korean children in out-of-home care: The role of placement characteristics
by Kim, Soyoun & Chun, JongSerl
- 62-66 Prevalence of parental alienation drawn from a representative poll
by Harman, Jennifer J. & Leder-Elder, Sadie & Biringen, Zeynep
- 67-75 Education loans and wealth building among young adults
by Zhan, Min & Xiang, Xiaoling & Elliott, William
- 76-84 Community-Based Participatory Research (CBPR) needs assessment of parenting support programs for fathers
by Lee, Shawna J. & Hoffman, Gregory & Harris, Donna
- 85-93 Neighborhood poverty and children's food insecurity
by Morrissey, Taryn W. & Oellerich, Don & Meade, Erica & Simms, Jeffrey & Stock, Ann
- 94-100 Substance-abusing parents and their children in termination of parental rights cases in Israel
by Ben-David, Vered
- 101-108 Context matters: The state of racial disparities in mental health services among youth reported to child welfare in 1999 and 2009
by Garcia, Antonio R. & Kim, Minseop & DeNard, Christina
- 109-116 Self-esteem: A mediator between peer relationships and behaviors of adolescents in foster care
by Thompson, Heather M. & Wojciak, Armeda Stevenson & Cooley, Morgan E.
- 117-122 The link between male employment and child maltreatment in the U.S., 2000–2012
by Cherry, Robert & Wang, Chun
- 123-130 Good kids with ties to “deviant” peers: network strategies used by African American and Latino young men in violent neighborhoods
by Patton, Desmond U. & Roth, Benjamin J.
- 131-143 Factors affecting post-permanency adjustment for children in adoption or guardianship placements: An ecological systems analysis
by Liao, Minli
- 144-153 Institutional care in India: Investigating processes for social reintegration
by Dutta, Satarupa
- 154-160 Why should they live more with one of us when they are children to us both?
by Fransson, Emma & Sarkadi, Anna & Hjern, Anders & Bergström, Malin
- 161-169 Caregiver perceptions of children in their care and motivations for the care work in children's homes in Ghana: Children of God or children of white men?
by Darkwah, Ernest & Daniel, Marguerite & Asumeng, Maxwell
- 170-179 Does changing mandated reporting laws improve child maltreatment reporting in large U.S. counties?
by Palusci, Vincent J. & Vandervort, Frank E. & Lewis, Jessica M.
2016, Volume 65, Issue C
- 1-8 Effects of a book gifting programme on literacy outcomes for foster children: A randomised controlled trial evaluation of the Letterbox Club in Northern Ireland
by Mooney, Jennifer & Winter, Karen & Connolly, Paul
- 9-16 Young people with HIV attending a transition clinic in Kampala, Uganda: An exploratory study of social context, illness trajectories, and pathways to HIV testing and treatment
by Siu, Godfrey E. & Kennedy, Caitlin E. & Bakeera-Kitaka, Sabrina
- 17-25 The development and evaluation of a natural helpers' training program to increase the engagement of urban, Latina/o families in parent-child interaction therapy
by Barnett, Miya L. & Davis, Eileen M. & Callejas, Linda M. & White, Jacob V. & Acevedo-Polakovich, Ignacio D. & Niec, Larissa N. & Jent, Jason F.
- 26-31 Not too late: Effects of a diligent recruitment program for hard to place youth
by Feldman, Sara Wolf & Price, Kerry Monahan & Ruppel, Joanne
- 32-41 Foster care, geographic neighborhood change, and the risk of delinquency
by Huang, Hui & Ryan, Joseph P. & Rhoden, Michelle-Ann
- 42-50 Carer perspectives of factors affecting placement trajectories of children in out-of-home care
by Withington, Tania & Burton, Judith & Lonne, Bob & Eviers, Areana
- 51-61 The landscape of UK child protection research between 2010 and 2014: Disciplines, topics, and types of maltreatment
by Soliman, Francesca & Mackay, Kirsteen & Clayton, Estelle & Gadda, Andressa & Jones, Christine & Anderson, Anna & Jones, Derek & Taylor, Julie
- 62-69 A traumatised and traumatising system: Professionals' experiences in meeting the mental health needs of young people in the care and youth justice systems in Ireland
by McElvaney, Rosaleen & Tatlow-Golden, Mimi
- 70-77 Understanding the diverging paths of stayers and leavers: An examination of factors predicting worker retention
by Benton, Amy D.
- 78-85 An evaluation of the Crossover Youth Practice Model (CYPM): Recidivism outcomes for maltreated youth involved in the juvenile justice system
by Haight, Wendy & Bidwell, Laurel & Choi, Won Seok & Cho, Minhae
- 86-93 Heterogeneity among adolescent mothers and home visiting program outcomes
by Mistry, Jayanthi & Easterbrooks, M. Ann & Fauth, Rebecca C. & Raskin, Maryna & Jacobs, Francine & Goldberg, Jessica
- 94-103 Assessing safety culture in child welfare: Evidence from Tennessee
by Vogus, Timothy J. & Cull, Michael J. & Hengelbrok, Noel E. & Modell, Scott J. & Epstein, Richard A.
- 104-111 Child care assistance and nonstandard work schedules
by Rachidi, Angela
- 112-119 Camp experiences in the lives of adolescents with serious illnesses
by Gillard, Ann & Allsop, Jared
- 120-126 Abused women and the threat of parental alienation: Shelter workers' perspectives
by Lapierre, Simon & Côté, Isabelle
- 127-139 Child support compliance during economic downturns
by Mincy, Ronald B. & Miller, Daniel P. & De la Cruz Toledo, Elia
- 140-147 Youth councils in municipal government: Examination of activities, impact and barriers
by Collins, Mary Elizabeth & Augsberger, Astraea & Gecker, Whitney
- 148-155 Child welfare caseworkers' perspectives on the challenges of addressing mental health problems in early childhood
by Hoffman, Jill A. & Bunger, Alicia C. & Robertson, Hillary A. & Cao, Yiwen & West, Kristopher Y.
- 156-165 Decreasing risk factors for later alcohol use and antisocial behaviors in children in foster care by increasing early promotive factors
by Pears, Katherine C. & Kim, Hyoun K. & Fisher, Philip A.
- 166-174 Racial disparities in education debt burden among low- and moderate-income households
by Grinstein-Weiss, Michal & Perantie, Dana C. & Taylor, Samuel H. & Guo, Shenyang & Raghavan, Ramesh
- 175-182 Participation, empowerment and capacity building: Exploring young people's perspectives on the services provided to them by a grassroots NGO in sub-Saharan Africa
by Morgan, Julia
- 183-194 Cyber-bystanding in context: A review of the literature on witnesses' responses to cyberbullying
by Allison, Kimberley R. & Bussey, Kay
- 195-203 Language impairments among youth offenders: A systematic review
by Anderson, Stavroola A.S. & Hawes, David J. & Snow, Pamela C.
- 204-215 A part of something: The importance of transitional living programs within a Housing First framework for youth experiencing homelessness
by Holtschneider, Casey
- 216-223 Keyworking in residential child care: Lessons from research
by Cahill, Orla & Holt, Stephanie & Kirwan, Gloria
- 224-230 Parent gender and child removal in physical abuse and neglect cases
by Crawford, Brandon & Bradley, Mindy S.
- 231-243 Patterns of child care subsidy use and stability of subsidized care arrangements: Evidence from Illinois and New York
by Pilarz, Alejandra Ros & Claessens, Amy & Gelatt, Julia
2016, Volume 64, Issue C
- 1-14 Sexual health behaviors and outcomes among current and former foster youth: A review of the literature
by Ramseyer Winter, Virginia & Brandon-Friedman, Richard A. & Ely, Gretchen E.
- 15-22 Growing up before their time: The early adultification experiences of homeless young people
by Schmitz, Rachel M. & Tyler, Kimberly A.
- 23-34 Professional and youth perspectives on higher education-focused interventions for youth transitioning from foster care
by Salazar, Amy M. & Roe, Stephanie S. & Ullrich, Jessica S. & Haggerty, Kevin P.
- 35-41 Harmonizing freedom and protection: Adolescents' voices on automatic monitoring of social networking sites
by Van Royen, Kathleen & Poels, Karolien & Vandebosch, Heidi
- 42-50 Risk factors for attrition from an evidence-based parenting program: Findings from the Netherlands
by Abrahamse, Mariëlle E. & Niec, Larissa N. & Junger, Marianne & Boer, Frits & Lindauer, Ramón J.L.
- 51-59 “I didn't know you could just ask:” Empowering underrepresented college-bound students to recruit academic and career mentors
by Schwartz, Sarah E.O. & Kanchewa, Stella S. & Rhodes, Jean E. & Cutler, Evan & Cunningham, Jessica L.
- 60-65 Juvenile justice sentencing: Do gender and child welfare involvement matter?
by Tam, Christina C. & Abrams, Laura S. & Freisthler, Bridget & Ryan, Joseph P.
- 66-72 Chronic disease prevalence and discontinuation of medications among young mothers with a relationship to the child welfare system
by Matone, Meredith & Minkovitz, Cynthia & Quarshie, William & Rubin, David M.
- 73-81 The role of child care in supporting the emotion regulatory needs of maltreated infants and toddlers
by Mortensen, Jennifer A. & Barnett, Melissa A.
- 82-90 A program based on Social Cognitive Theory and Smith's model of health and illness and its effect on maternal self-efficacy and child behavior
by Sener, D. Konuk & Cimete, G.
- 91-99 The need to do it all: Exploring the ways in which treatment foster parents enact their complex role
by Farmer, Elizabeth M.Z. & Lippold, Melissa A.
- 100-109 Chinese urban and suburban parents' priorities for early childhood education practices: Applying Q-sort methodology
by Hu, Bi Ying & Yang, Yi & Ieong, Sylvia S.L.
- 110-116 Education for children in sub-Saharan Africa: Predictors impacting school attendance
by Roby, Jini L. & Erickson, Lance & Nagaishi, Chanel
- 117-121 Maltreatment history as persistent risk: An extension of Li and Godinet (2014)
by Thompson, Richard & English, Diana J. & White, Catherine Roller
- 122-127 Social assistance for poor children in urban China: A qualitative study from the recipients' perspective
by Zhang, Haomiao
- 128-135 Effectiveness of an empowerment program for adolescent second generation migrants: A cluster randomized controlled trial
by Goossens, Ferry X. & Onrust, Simone A. & Monshouwer, Karin & Orobio de Castro, Bram
- 136-144 The AFFIRM open pilot feasibility study: A brief affirmative cognitive behavioral coping skills group intervention for sexual and gender minority youth
by Craig, Shelley L. & Austin, Ashley
- 145-154 Poverty to more poverty: An evaluation of transition services provided to adolescent girls from two institutions in Zimbabwe
by Mhongera, Pamhidzayi Berejena & Lombard, Antoinette
- 155-165 Youth with disabilities in the United States Child Welfare System
by Slayter, Elspeth
2016, Volume 63, Issue C
- 1-9 Assessing the effect of school bullying prevention programs on reducing bullying
by Albayrak, Sevil & Yıldız, Ayşe & Erol, Saime
- 10-15 A latent class analysis of school climate among middle and high school students in California public schools
by De Pedro, Kris Tunac & Gilreath, Tamika & Berkowitz, Ruth
- 16-20 The impact of fathers on maltreated youths' mental health
by Ayer, Lynsay & Kohl, Patricia & Malsberger, Rosalie & Burgette, Lane
- 21-27 Is anybody there? Informal supports accessed and sought by youth from foster care
by Rutman, Deborah & Hubberstey, Carol
- 28-35 Fathers' alcohol use and spousal abuse and mothers' child abuse in multicultural families in South Korea: The mediating role of acculturation and parenting stress
by Lee, Jaekyoung & Lee, RaeHyuck & Park, Myungsook
- 40-46 Finish what you start: A study of Design Team change initiatives' impact on agency climate
by Lawrence, Catherine & Claiborne, Nancy & Zeitlin, Wendy & Auerbach, Charles
- 47-57 Services to LGBTQ runaway and homeless youth: Gaps and recommendations
by Maccio, Elaine M. & Ferguson, Kristin M.
- 58-66 Being trusted: The perspectives of trusted adults about engaging with young people
by Meltzer, Ariella & Muir, Kristy & Craig, Lyn
- 67-73 Ready or not: The influence of readiness on healthy marriage and relationship education training outcomes
by Arnold, Amy Laura & Richardson, Evin W. & Cenizal, Robyn
- 74-82 The extent and risk factors of child poverty in urban China — What can be done for realising the Chinese government goal of eradicating poverty before 2020
by Qi, Di & Wu, Yichao
- 83-92 Guidelines for teachers to elicit detailed and accurate narrative accounts from children
by Brubacher, Sonja P. & Powell, Martine B. & Snow, Pamela C. & Skouteris, Helen & Manger, Bronwen
- 93-100 Effects of vocational training on unemployed youths' work motivation and work engagement: Mediating roles of training adequacy and self-actualization
by Ngai, Steven Sek-yum & Cheung, Chau-kiu & Yuan, Rui
- 101-109 Predicting illegal income generation among homeless male and female young adults: Understanding strains and responses to strains
by Ferguson, Kristin M. & Bender, Kimberly & Thompson, Sanna J.
- 110-119 Childhood adversity, sense of belonging and psychosocial outcomes in emerging adulthood: A test of mediated pathways
by Corrales, Tatiana & Waterford, Michelle & Goodwin-Smith, Ian & Wood, Leanne & Yourell, Todd & Ho, Coco
- 120-127 The contribution of social support to children and adolescents' self-perception: The mediating role of bullying victimization
by Mishna, Faye & Khoury-Kassabri, Mona & Schwan, Kaitlin & Wiener, Judith & Craig, Wendy & Beran, Tanya & Pepler, Debra & Daciuk, Joanne
- 128-135 Luchamos por nuestros hijos: Latino immigrant parents strive to protect their children from the deleterious effects of anti-immigration policies
by Philbin, Sandy P. & Ayón, Cecilia
2016, Volume 62, Issue C
- 1-8 Computer-mediated parenting education: Digital family service provision
by Russell, Beth S. & Maksut, Jessica L. & Lincoln, Courtney R. & Leland, Alicia J.
- 9-17 Contact with birth family in adoptive families headed by lesbian, gay male, and heterosexual parents
by Brodzinsky, David M. & Goldberg, Abbie E.
- 18-21 Emergency department use for injuries by adolescents in foster care
by Thackeray, Jonathan & Leonhart, Karen & Yackey, Katelyn & Cooper, Jennifer & Kelleher, Kelly
- 22-28 The experiences and outcomes of children in foster care who were removed because of a parental disability
by Lightfoot, Elizabeth & DeZelar, Sharyn
- 29-39 Professional development for teachers plus coaching related to school-wide suspensions for a large urban school system
by Flynn, Rachel M. & Lissy, Rachel & Alicea, Stacey & Tazartes, Lisa & McKay, Mary M.
- 40-48 The relationship between re-incarceration and their own childhood foster care experience of women
by Jung, Haeil & LaLonde, Robert
- 49-57 Trends in state budgets and child outcomes during and post child welfare class action litigation
by Ryan, Tiffany N. & Gomez, Rebecca J.
- 58-64 Community-based organizations for vulnerable children in South Africa: Reach, psychosocial correlates, and potential mechanisms
by Yakubovich, A.R. & Sherr, L. & Cluver, L.D. & Skeen, S. & Hensels, I.S. & Macedo, A. & Tomlinson, M.
- 65-71 Societal factors impacting child welfare: Re-validating the Perceptions of Child Welfare Scale
by Auerbach, Charles & Zeitlin, Wendy & Augsberger, Astraea & Lawrence, Catherine K. & Claiborne, Nancy
- 83-89 Perceptions of state child welfare administrators regarding federally-mandated citizen review panels
by Collins-Camargo, Crystal & Buckwalter, Neal & Jones, Blake
- 90-96 Homeless youth, strain, and justice system involvement: An application of general strain theory
by Snyder, Susan M. & Hartinger-Saunders, Robin & Brezina, Timothy & Beck, Elizabeth & Wright, Eric R. & Forge, Nicholas & Bride, Brian E.
- 97-104 Examining needs of informal kinship families: Validating the family needs scale
by Lee, Eunju & Choi, Mi Jin & Clarkson-Henderix, Michael
- 105-110 Treatment foster parent satisfaction: Survey validation and predictors of satisfaction, retention, and intent to refer
by Mihalo, Jennifer R. & Strickler, Amy & Triplett, Dawn R. & Trunzo, Annette C.
- 111-121 Youth self-report of emotional maltreatment: Concordance with official reports and relation to outcomes
by White, Catherine Roller & English, Diana & Thompson, Richard & Roberts, Yvonne Humenay
2016, Volume 61, Issue C
- 1-5 Self-report of health problems and health care use among maltreated and comparison adolescents
by Schneiderman, Janet U. & Negriff, Sonya & Trickett, Penelope K.
- 6-14 A parent's place: Parents', mentors' and program staff members' expectations for and experiences of parental involvement in community-based youth mentoring relationships
by Basualdo-Delmonico, Antoinette M. & Spencer, Renée
- 15-21 Future orientation and health related factors among African American adolescents
by So, Suzanna & Voisin, Dexter R. & Burnside, Amanda & Gaylord-Harden, Noni K.
- 22-30 An intensive mental health home visiting model for two at-risk early childhood populations
by Reuter, Katherine E. & Melchior, Lisa A. & Brink, Amber M.
- 31-39 Measuring organizational health in child welfare agencies
by Potter, Cathryn C. & Leake, Robin & Longworth-Reed, Laricia & Altschul, Inna & Rienks, Shauna
- 40-50 Natural mentoring among older youth in and aging out of foster care: A systematic review
by Thompson, Allison E. & Greeson, Johanna K.P. & Brunsink, Ashleigh M.
- 51-60 The availability and role of non-parental identity agents for institutionalized male adolescent social orphans in Colombia
by Novelle, Michelle A. & Gonyea, Judith G.
- 61-68 “Giant Leap 1”: A Social and Emotional Learning program's effects on the transition to first grade
by Correia, Karla & Marques-Pinto, Alexandra
- 69-74 Foster family acceptance: Understanding the role of foster family acceptance in the lives of LGBTQ youth
by McCormick, Adam & Schmidt, Kathryn & Terrazas, Samuel R.
- 75-82 Replication of the KEEP foster and kinship parent training program for youth with externalizing behaviors
by Greeno, Elizabeth J. & Uretsky, Mathew C. & Lee, Bethany R. & Moore, Jessica E. & Barth, Richard P. & Shaw, Terry V.
- 83-89 A pilot study of big brothers big sisters programs and youth development: An application of critical race theory
by Park, Hyejoon & Yoon, Jina & Crosby, Shantel D.
- 90-100 Children's resilience in the presence of mothers' depressive symptoms: Examining regulatory processes related to active agency
by Yan, Ni
- 101-108 Functional outcomes among sexual minority youth emancipating from the child welfare system
by Shpiegel, Svetlana & Simmel, Cassandra
- 109-116 Promoting birth parents' relationships with their toddlers upon reunification: Results from Promoting First Relationships® home visiting program
by Oxford, Monica L. & Marcenko, Maureen & Fleming, Charles B. & Lohr, Mary Jane & Spieker, Susan J.
- 117-125 Enhancing adolescents' motivation for treatment in compulsory residential care: A clinical review
by Brauers, Malou & Kroneman, Leoniek & Otten, René & Lindauer, Ramón & Popma, Arne
- 126-134 Household incarceration in early adolescence and risk of premarital first birth
by Gottlieb, Aaron
- 135-140 Children's hyperactivity, television viewing, and the potential for child effects
by Ansari, Arya & Crosnoe, Robert
- 141-148 Assessing parental capacity to change: The missing jigsaw piece in the assessment of a child's welfare?
by Platt, Dendy & Riches, Katie
- 149-158 Can community-based interventions prevent child maltreatment?
by van Dijken, M.W. & Stams, G.J.J.M. & de Winter, M.
- 159-164 The characteristics of delinquent behavior and predictive factors in Japanese children's homes
by Ohara, Takaharu & Matsuura, Naomi
- 165-175 Effectiveness of anti-bullying school programs: A meta-analysis
by Jiménez-Barbero, José Antonio & Ruiz-Hernández, José Antonio & Llor-Zaragoza, Laura & Pérez-García, María & Llor-Esteban, Bartolomé
- 176-183 Parent training to reduce problem behaviors over the transition to high school: Tests of indirect effects through improved emotion regulation skills
by Mason, W. Alex & January, Stacy-Ann A. & Fleming, Charles B. & Thompson, Ronald W. & Parra, Gilbert R. & Haggerty, Kevin P. & Snyder, James J.
- 184-200 Sexual and reproductive health policies for foster youth in California: A qualitative study of child welfare professionals' experiences and perceptions of policies
by Bruce, Janine S.
- 201-210 Kinship care and service utilization: A review of predisposing, enabling, and need factors
by Coleman, Kanisha L. & Wu, Qi
- 211-215 Targeting the reach of educational support interventions in Kenya
by Kagotho, Njeri
- 216-221 Bullying among urban Mexican-heritage youth: Exploring risk for substance use by status as a bully, victim, and bully-victim
by Sangalang, Cindy C. & Tran, Alisia G.T.T. & Ayers, Stephanie L. & Marsiglia, Flavio F.
- 222-229 Cumulative jeopardy when children are at risk of significant harm: A response to Bywaters
by Ward, Harriet & Brown, Rebecca
- 230-236 Reasons for discontinued service among Guardians ad Litem
by Bright, Melissa A. & Shovali, Tamar E. & Cooper, Alysha
- 237-244 The effect of race/ethnicity on the relation between substance use disorder diagnosis and substance use treatment receipt among male serious adolescent offenders
by Mansion, Andre D. & Chassin, Laurie
- 245-252 Qualitative evaluation of historical and relational factors influencing pregnancy and sexually transmitted infection risks in foster youth
by Ahrens, Kym R. & Spencer, Renee & Bonnar, Mavis & Coatney, Alexis & Hall, Tyson
- 253-260 Guiding and supporting adolescents living with HIV in sub-Saharan Africa: The development of a curriculum for family and community members
by Winskell, Kate & Miller, Kim S. & Allen, Kristi Ann & Obong'o, Christopher O.
- 261-270 A qualitative study of coping with religious minority status in public schools
by Forrest-Bank, Shandra S. & Dupper, David R.
- 281-287 Predictors of early versus late match relationship beginnings in Big Brothers Big Sisters community programs
by De Wit, David J. & Lipman, Ellen L. & da Costa, Jose & Graham, Kathryn & Larose, Simon & Pepler, Debra & Coyle, James & DuBois, David & Manzano-Munguia, Maria & Ferro, Annalise
- 288-295 Predicting relapse of problematic child-rearing situations
by van der Put, Claudia E. & Assink, Mark & Stams, Geert Jan J.M.
- 296-302 Constructing familyness: Pedagogical conversations between professional parents and adolescents
by van Nijnatten, Carolus & Noordegraaf, Martine
- 303-310 Who is advocating for children under six? Uncovering unmet needs in child advocacy centers
by Vanderzee, Karin L. & Pemberton, Joy R. & Conners-Burrow, Nicola & Kramer, Teresa L.
- 311-316 Crisis nursery services and foster care prevention: An exploratory study
by Crampton, David & Yoon, Susan
- 317-326 Self-representation questionnaire for youths in residential care
by Patrício, Joana Nunes & Calheiros, Maria Manuela & Martins, Ana Catarina
- 327-331 Does school-related burnout influence problematic Facebook use?
by Walburg, Vera & Mialhes, Aurélie & Moncla, Dany
- 332-336 The interrelationships between trauma and internalizing symptom trajectories among adolescents in foster care
by Rayburn, Allison D. & McWey, Lenore M. & Cui, Ming
- 337-344 African American caregivers' resources for support: Implications for children's perceived support from their caregiver
by Kenigsberg, Tat'Yana A. & Winston, Willie & Gibson, Priscilla A. & Brady, Sonya S.
- 345-352 Parents' beliefs about the cause of parenting problems and relevance of parenting support: Understanding low participation of ethnic minority and low socioeconomic status families in the Netherlands
by van Mourik, K. & Crone, M.R. & Pels, T.V.M. & Reis, R.
- 353-358 What's the difference? Using descriptors to classify the care provided to children and adolescents with behavioral and emotional problems
by Evenboer, K.E. & Huyghen, A.M.N. & Tuinstra, J. & Knorth, E.J. & Reijneveld, S.A.
2016, Volume 60, Issue C
- 1-10 Can preschool socioeconomic composition moderate relationships between family environment and Chinese children's early academic and social outcomes?
by Li, Yanfang & Xu, Liangyuan & Liu, Lijun & Lv, Ying & Wang, Yun & Huntsinger, Carol S.
- 11-19 Empirical evidence on legal levers aimed at addressing child maltreatment
by Eldred, Lindsey M. & Gifford, Elizabeth J.
- 20-26 Pobrecitos los Niños: The emotional impact of anti-immigration policies on Latino children
by Rubio-Hernandez, Sandy P. & Ayón, Cecilia
- 27-33 Parenting stress and child maltreatment: The buffering effect of neighborhood social service availability and accessibility
by Maguire-Jack, Kathryn & Negash, Tori
- 34-41 Fathers in child welfare: What do social work textbooks teach our students?
by Brewsaugh, Katrina & Strozier, Anne
- 42-51 Outcomes of Parent–Child Interaction Therapy in an urban community clinic: A comparison of treatment completers and dropouts
by Danko, Christina M. & Garbacz, Lauren Legato & Budd, Karen S.
- 52-60 Contemporary discourses on children and parenting in Norway: Norwegian Child Welfare Services meets immigrant families
by Hollekim, Ragnhild & Anderssen, Norman & Daniel, Marguerite
- 61-67 A qualitative study of collaboration between guardians ad litem and caseworkers in the child welfare system
by Phillips, Jon D.
- 68-79 Prevalence and patterns of tobacco, alcohol, and drug use among Iranian adolescents: A meta-analysis of 58 studies
by Ansari-Moghaddam, Alireza & Rakhshani, Fatemeh & Shahraki-Sanavi, Fariba & Mohammadi, Mahdi & Miri-Bonjar, Mahmodreza & Bakhshani, Nour-Mohammad
- 80-87 Organizational climate and child welfare workers' degree of intent to leave the job: Evidence from New York
by Fernandes, Gretta M.
- 88-100 Using expressive arts in relapse prevention of young psychotropic substance abusers in Hong Kong
by Tam, Hau-lin & Shik, Angela Wai-yan & Lam, Shirley Siu-ling
- 101-108 The moderating effect between strengths and placement on children's needs in out-of-home care: A follow-up study
by Sim, Faye & Li, Dongdong & Chu, Chi Meng
- 109-118 Web survey of foster youth advisory boards in the United States
by Havlicek, Judy & Lin, Ching-Hsuan & Villalpando, Fabiola
- 119-128 Barriers and facilitators of the transition to adulthood for foster youth with autism spectrum disorder: Perspectives of service providers in Illinois
by Havlicek, Judy & Bilaver, Lucy & Beldon, Marissa
- 129-135 Patterns and priorities of service need identified through the Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) assessment
by Cordell, Katharan D. & Snowden, Lonnie R. & Hosier, Laura
2015, Volume 59, Issue C
- 1-9 We are not orphans. Children's experience of everyday life in institutional care in Mexico
by Khoo, Evelyn & Mancinas, Sandra & Skoog, Viktoria
- 10-18 Transgender youth homelessness: Understanding programmatic barriers through the lens of cisgenderism
by Shelton, Jama
- 19-27 Child care burden and the risk of child maltreatment among low-income working families
by Ha, Yoonsook & Collins, Mary Elizabeth & Martino, David
- 28-37 Predictors of treatment attrition and treatment length in Parent‐Child Interaction Therapy in Taiwanese families
by Chen, Yi-Chuen & Fortson, Beverly L.
- 38-46 Revealing disjunctures: Making tensions between fetal alcohol spectrum disorder diagnoses and institutional supports visible
by Morton Ninomiya, Melody E.
- 47-56 Detained girls' treatment engagement over time: The role of psychopathology and quality of life
by Van Damme, Lore & Hoeve, Machteld & Vanderplasschen, Wouter & Vermeiren, Robert & Grisso, Thomas & Colins, Olivier F.
- 57-62 A revision and extension of the prevention of escalating adolescent crisis events (PEACE) protocol
by Michael, Kurt & Jameson, John Paul & Sale, Rafaella & Orlando, Carissa & Schorr, Marisa & Brazille, Morgan & Stevens, Anne & Massey, Cameron
- 63-70 Resilience among adolescents in foster care
by Davidson-Arad, Bilha & Navaro-Bitton, Iris
- 71-83 Reviewing the need for technological and other expansions of evidence-based parent training for young children
by McGoron, Lucy & Ondersma, Steven J.
- 84-88 Quality improvement learning collaborative to examine foster care guidelines
by Jee, Sandra & Szilagyi, Moira & Schriefer, Jan & Conn, Anne-Marie & Weld, Julia & Scribano, Philip V. & Sagor, Linda & Forkey, Heather & Arnold-Clark, Janet & Carmack, Adrienne & Chytraus, Chris & Adams, LaRene & Harmon, David & Hodges, Kelly & Scahill, Mike & Tonniges, Tom & Shropshire, Deb & Meister, Stephen
- 89-96 The influence of adolescent physical abuse on school adjustment in South Korea: The mediating effects of perceived parenting types
by Um, Myung-Yong & Kim, Dong Ha
- 97-104 Factors driving Salvadoran youth migration: A formative assessment focused on Salvadoran repatriation facilities
by Anastario, Michael P. & Barrick, Kelle & Gibbs, Deborah & Pitts, Wayne & Werth, Rose & Lattimore, Pamela K.
- 105-112 Victimization and polyvictimization among Spanish youth protected by the child welfare system
by Segura, Anna & Pereda, Noemí & Abad, Judit & Guilera, Georgina
- 113-119 Consistency of outcomes of home-based family treatment in The Netherlands as an indicator of effectiveness
by Veerman, Jan W. & De Meyer, Ronald E.
- 120-131 Preventing domestic abuse for children and young people: A review of school-based interventions
by Stanley, Nicky & Ellis, Jane & Farrelly, Nicola & Hollinghurst, Sandra & Downe, Soo
- 132-138 Parental emotional warmth and psychological Suzhi as mediators between socioeconomic status and problem behaviours in Chinese children
by Wu, Lili & Zhang, Dajun & Cheng, Gang & Hu, Tianqiang & Rost, Detlef H.
- 139-148 Child care subsidies and employment outcomes of low-income families
by Ha, Yoonsook & Miller, Daniel P.