Children and Youth Services Review
2016, Volume 62, Issue C
- 97-104 Examining needs of informal kinship families: Validating the family needs scale
by Lee, Eunju & Choi, Mi Jin & Clarkson-Henderix, Michael
- 105-110 Treatment foster parent satisfaction: Survey validation and predictors of satisfaction, retention, and intent to refer
by Mihalo, Jennifer R. & Strickler, Amy & Triplett, Dawn R. & Trunzo, Annette C.
- 111-121 Youth self-report of emotional maltreatment: Concordance with official reports and relation to outcomes
by White, Catherine Roller & English, Diana & Thompson, Richard & Roberts, Yvonne Humenay
2016, Volume 61, Issue C
- 1-5 Self-report of health problems and health care use among maltreated and comparison adolescents
by Schneiderman, Janet U. & Negriff, Sonya & Trickett, Penelope K.
- 6-14 A parent's place: Parents', mentors' and program staff members' expectations for and experiences of parental involvement in community-based youth mentoring relationships
by Basualdo-Delmonico, Antoinette M. & Spencer, Renée
- 15-21 Future orientation and health related factors among African American adolescents
by So, Suzanna & Voisin, Dexter R. & Burnside, Amanda & Gaylord-Harden, Noni K.
- 22-30 An intensive mental health home visiting model for two at-risk early childhood populations
by Reuter, Katherine E. & Melchior, Lisa A. & Brink, Amber M.
- 31-39 Measuring organizational health in child welfare agencies
by Potter, Cathryn C. & Leake, Robin & Longworth-Reed, Laricia & Altschul, Inna & Rienks, Shauna
- 40-50 Natural mentoring among older youth in and aging out of foster care: A systematic review
by Thompson, Allison E. & Greeson, Johanna K.P. & Brunsink, Ashleigh M.
- 51-60 The availability and role of non-parental identity agents for institutionalized male adolescent social orphans in Colombia
by Novelle, Michelle A. & Gonyea, Judith G.
- 61-68 “Giant Leap 1”: A Social and Emotional Learning program's effects on the transition to first grade
by Correia, Karla & Marques-Pinto, Alexandra
- 69-74 Foster family acceptance: Understanding the role of foster family acceptance in the lives of LGBTQ youth
by McCormick, Adam & Schmidt, Kathryn & Terrazas, Samuel R.
- 75-82 Replication of the KEEP foster and kinship parent training program for youth with externalizing behaviors
by Greeno, Elizabeth J. & Uretsky, Mathew C. & Lee, Bethany R. & Moore, Jessica E. & Barth, Richard P. & Shaw, Terry V.
- 83-89 A pilot study of big brothers big sisters programs and youth development: An application of critical race theory
by Park, Hyejoon & Yoon, Jina & Crosby, Shantel D.
- 90-100 Children's resilience in the presence of mothers' depressive symptoms: Examining regulatory processes related to active agency
by Yan, Ni
- 101-108 Functional outcomes among sexual minority youth emancipating from the child welfare system
by Shpiegel, Svetlana & Simmel, Cassandra
- 109-116 Promoting birth parents' relationships with their toddlers upon reunification: Results from Promoting First Relationships® home visiting program
by Oxford, Monica L. & Marcenko, Maureen & Fleming, Charles B. & Lohr, Mary Jane & Spieker, Susan J.
- 117-125 Enhancing adolescents' motivation for treatment in compulsory residential care: A clinical review
by Brauers, Malou & Kroneman, Leoniek & Otten, René & Lindauer, Ramón & Popma, Arne
- 126-134 Household incarceration in early adolescence and risk of premarital first birth
by Gottlieb, Aaron
- 135-140 Children's hyperactivity, television viewing, and the potential for child effects
by Ansari, Arya & Crosnoe, Robert
- 141-148 Assessing parental capacity to change: The missing jigsaw piece in the assessment of a child's welfare?
by Platt, Dendy & Riches, Katie
- 149-158 Can community-based interventions prevent child maltreatment?
by van Dijken, M.W. & Stams, G.J.J.M. & de Winter, M.
- 159-164 The characteristics of delinquent behavior and predictive factors in Japanese children's homes
by Ohara, Takaharu & Matsuura, Naomi
- 165-175 Effectiveness of anti-bullying school programs: A meta-analysis
by Jiménez-Barbero, José Antonio & Ruiz-Hernández, José Antonio & Llor-Zaragoza, Laura & Pérez-García, María & Llor-Esteban, Bartolomé
- 176-183 Parent training to reduce problem behaviors over the transition to high school: Tests of indirect effects through improved emotion regulation skills
by Mason, W. Alex & January, Stacy-Ann A. & Fleming, Charles B. & Thompson, Ronald W. & Parra, Gilbert R. & Haggerty, Kevin P. & Snyder, James J.
- 184-200 Sexual and reproductive health policies for foster youth in California: A qualitative study of child welfare professionals' experiences and perceptions of policies
by Bruce, Janine S.
- 201-210 Kinship care and service utilization: A review of predisposing, enabling, and need factors
by Coleman, Kanisha L. & Wu, Qi
- 211-215 Targeting the reach of educational support interventions in Kenya
by Kagotho, Njeri
- 216-221 Bullying among urban Mexican-heritage youth: Exploring risk for substance use by status as a bully, victim, and bully-victim
by Sangalang, Cindy C. & Tran, Alisia G.T.T. & Ayers, Stephanie L. & Marsiglia, Flavio F.
- 222-229 Cumulative jeopardy when children are at risk of significant harm: A response to Bywaters
by Ward, Harriet & Brown, Rebecca
- 230-236 Reasons for discontinued service among Guardians ad Litem
by Bright, Melissa A. & Shovali, Tamar E. & Cooper, Alysha
- 237-244 The effect of race/ethnicity on the relation between substance use disorder diagnosis and substance use treatment receipt among male serious adolescent offenders
by Mansion, Andre D. & Chassin, Laurie
- 245-252 Qualitative evaluation of historical and relational factors influencing pregnancy and sexually transmitted infection risks in foster youth
by Ahrens, Kym R. & Spencer, Renee & Bonnar, Mavis & Coatney, Alexis & Hall, Tyson
- 253-260 Guiding and supporting adolescents living with HIV in sub-Saharan Africa: The development of a curriculum for family and community members
by Winskell, Kate & Miller, Kim S. & Allen, Kristi Ann & Obong'o, Christopher O.
- 261-270 A qualitative study of coping with religious minority status in public schools
by Forrest-Bank, Shandra S. & Dupper, David R.
- 281-287 Predictors of early versus late match relationship beginnings in Big Brothers Big Sisters community programs
by De Wit, David J. & Lipman, Ellen L. & da Costa, Jose & Graham, Kathryn & Larose, Simon & Pepler, Debra & Coyle, James & DuBois, David & Manzano-Munguia, Maria & Ferro, Annalise
- 288-295 Predicting relapse of problematic child-rearing situations
by van der Put, Claudia E. & Assink, Mark & Stams, Geert Jan J.M.
- 296-302 Constructing familyness: Pedagogical conversations between professional parents and adolescents
by van Nijnatten, Carolus & Noordegraaf, Martine
- 303-310 Who is advocating for children under six? Uncovering unmet needs in child advocacy centers
by Vanderzee, Karin L. & Pemberton, Joy R. & Conners-Burrow, Nicola & Kramer, Teresa L.
- 311-316 Crisis nursery services and foster care prevention: An exploratory study
by Crampton, David & Yoon, Susan
- 317-326 Self-representation questionnaire for youths in residential care
by Patrício, Joana Nunes & Calheiros, Maria Manuela & Martins, Ana Catarina
- 327-331 Does school-related burnout influence problematic Facebook use?
by Walburg, Vera & Mialhes, Aurélie & Moncla, Dany
- 332-336 The interrelationships between trauma and internalizing symptom trajectories among adolescents in foster care
by Rayburn, Allison D. & McWey, Lenore M. & Cui, Ming
- 337-344 African American caregivers' resources for support: Implications for children's perceived support from their caregiver
by Kenigsberg, Tat'Yana A. & Winston, Willie & Gibson, Priscilla A. & Brady, Sonya S.
- 345-352 Parents' beliefs about the cause of parenting problems and relevance of parenting support: Understanding low participation of ethnic minority and low socioeconomic status families in the Netherlands
by van Mourik, K. & Crone, M.R. & Pels, T.V.M. & Reis, R.
- 353-358 What's the difference? Using descriptors to classify the care provided to children and adolescents with behavioral and emotional problems
by Evenboer, K.E. & Huyghen, A.M.N. & Tuinstra, J. & Knorth, E.J. & Reijneveld, S.A.
2016, Volume 60, Issue C
- 1-10 Can preschool socioeconomic composition moderate relationships between family environment and Chinese children's early academic and social outcomes?
by Li, Yanfang & Xu, Liangyuan & Liu, Lijun & Lv, Ying & Wang, Yun & Huntsinger, Carol S.
- 11-19 Empirical evidence on legal levers aimed at addressing child maltreatment
by Eldred, Lindsey M. & Gifford, Elizabeth J.
- 20-26 Pobrecitos los Niños: The emotional impact of anti-immigration policies on Latino children
by Rubio-Hernandez, Sandy P. & Ayón, Cecilia
- 27-33 Parenting stress and child maltreatment: The buffering effect of neighborhood social service availability and accessibility
by Maguire-Jack, Kathryn & Negash, Tori
- 34-41 Fathers in child welfare: What do social work textbooks teach our students?
by Brewsaugh, Katrina & Strozier, Anne
- 42-51 Outcomes of Parent–Child Interaction Therapy in an urban community clinic: A comparison of treatment completers and dropouts
by Danko, Christina M. & Garbacz, Lauren Legato & Budd, Karen S.
- 52-60 Contemporary discourses on children and parenting in Norway: Norwegian Child Welfare Services meets immigrant families
by Hollekim, Ragnhild & Anderssen, Norman & Daniel, Marguerite
- 61-67 A qualitative study of collaboration between guardians ad litem and caseworkers in the child welfare system
by Phillips, Jon D.
- 68-79 Prevalence and patterns of tobacco, alcohol, and drug use among Iranian adolescents: A meta-analysis of 58 studies
by Ansari-Moghaddam, Alireza & Rakhshani, Fatemeh & Shahraki-Sanavi, Fariba & Mohammadi, Mahdi & Miri-Bonjar, Mahmodreza & Bakhshani, Nour-Mohammad
- 80-87 Organizational climate and child welfare workers' degree of intent to leave the job: Evidence from New York
by Fernandes, Gretta M.
- 88-100 Using expressive arts in relapse prevention of young psychotropic substance abusers in Hong Kong
by Tam, Hau-lin & Shik, Angela Wai-yan & Lam, Shirley Siu-ling
- 101-108 The moderating effect between strengths and placement on children's needs in out-of-home care: A follow-up study
by Sim, Faye & Li, Dongdong & Chu, Chi Meng
- 109-118 Web survey of foster youth advisory boards in the United States
by Havlicek, Judy & Lin, Ching-Hsuan & Villalpando, Fabiola
- 119-128 Barriers and facilitators of the transition to adulthood for foster youth with autism spectrum disorder: Perspectives of service providers in Illinois
by Havlicek, Judy & Bilaver, Lucy & Beldon, Marissa
- 129-135 Patterns and priorities of service need identified through the Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) assessment
by Cordell, Katharan D. & Snowden, Lonnie R. & Hosier, Laura
2015, Volume 59, Issue C
- 1-9 We are not orphans. Children's experience of everyday life in institutional care in Mexico
by Khoo, Evelyn & Mancinas, Sandra & Skoog, Viktoria
- 10-18 Transgender youth homelessness: Understanding programmatic barriers through the lens of cisgenderism
by Shelton, Jama
- 19-27 Child care burden and the risk of child maltreatment among low-income working families
by Ha, Yoonsook & Collins, Mary Elizabeth & Martino, David
- 28-37 Predictors of treatment attrition and treatment length in Parent‐Child Interaction Therapy in Taiwanese families
by Chen, Yi-Chuen & Fortson, Beverly L.
- 38-46 Revealing disjunctures: Making tensions between fetal alcohol spectrum disorder diagnoses and institutional supports visible
by Morton Ninomiya, Melody E.
- 47-56 Detained girls' treatment engagement over time: The role of psychopathology and quality of life
by Van Damme, Lore & Hoeve, Machteld & Vanderplasschen, Wouter & Vermeiren, Robert & Grisso, Thomas & Colins, Olivier F.
- 57-62 A revision and extension of the prevention of escalating adolescent crisis events (PEACE) protocol
by Michael, Kurt & Jameson, John Paul & Sale, Rafaella & Orlando, Carissa & Schorr, Marisa & Brazille, Morgan & Stevens, Anne & Massey, Cameron
- 63-70 Resilience among adolescents in foster care
by Davidson-Arad, Bilha & Navaro-Bitton, Iris
- 71-83 Reviewing the need for technological and other expansions of evidence-based parent training for young children
by McGoron, Lucy & Ondersma, Steven J.
- 84-88 Quality improvement learning collaborative to examine foster care guidelines
by Jee, Sandra & Szilagyi, Moira & Schriefer, Jan & Conn, Anne-Marie & Weld, Julia & Scribano, Philip V. & Sagor, Linda & Forkey, Heather & Arnold-Clark, Janet & Carmack, Adrienne & Chytraus, Chris & Adams, LaRene & Harmon, David & Hodges, Kelly & Scahill, Mike & Tonniges, Tom & Shropshire, Deb & Meister, Stephen
- 89-96 The influence of adolescent physical abuse on school adjustment in South Korea: The mediating effects of perceived parenting types
by Um, Myung-Yong & Kim, Dong Ha
- 97-104 Factors driving Salvadoran youth migration: A formative assessment focused on Salvadoran repatriation facilities
by Anastario, Michael P. & Barrick, Kelle & Gibbs, Deborah & Pitts, Wayne & Werth, Rose & Lattimore, Pamela K.
- 105-112 Victimization and polyvictimization among Spanish youth protected by the child welfare system
by Segura, Anna & Pereda, Noemí & Abad, Judit & Guilera, Georgina
- 113-119 Consistency of outcomes of home-based family treatment in The Netherlands as an indicator of effectiveness
by Veerman, Jan W. & De Meyer, Ronald E.
- 120-131 Preventing domestic abuse for children and young people: A review of school-based interventions
by Stanley, Nicky & Ellis, Jane & Farrelly, Nicola & Hollinghurst, Sandra & Downe, Soo
- 132-138 Parental emotional warmth and psychological Suzhi as mediators between socioeconomic status and problem behaviours in Chinese children
by Wu, Lili & Zhang, Dajun & Cheng, Gang & Hu, Tianqiang & Rost, Detlef H.
- 139-148 Child care subsidies and employment outcomes of low-income families
by Ha, Yoonsook & Miller, Daniel P.
- 149-160 Images across Europe: The sending and receiving of sexual images and associations with interpersonal violence in young people's relationships
by Wood, Marsha & Barter, Christine & Stanley, Nicky & Aghtaie, Nadia & Larkins, Cath
- 161-170 Supporting families throughout the international special needs adoption process
by O'Dell, Keely E. & McCall, Robert B. & Groark, Christina J.
- 171-176 Retention and job satisfaction of child welfare supervisors
by McCrae, Julie S. & Scannapieco, Maria & Obermann, Ann
- 177-183 Child welfare workers and social justice: Mending the disconnect
by McLaughlin, Anne Marie & Gray, Erin & Wilson, Maureen
- 184-195 Typology of youth at risk
by Etzion, Dafna & Romi, Shlomo
2015, Volume 58, Issue C
- 1-10 Parents' persistence and certification in a two-generation education and training program
by Sabol, Terri J. & Sommer, Teresa E. & Chase-Lansdale, P. Lindsay & Brooks-Gunn, Jeanne & Yoshikawa, Hirokazu & King, Christopher T. & Kathawalla, Ummul & Alamuddin, Rayane & Gomez, Celia J. & Ross, Emily C.
- 11-17 Sexual and gender minority disproportionality and disparities in child welfare: A population-based study
by Wilson, Bianca D.M. & Kastanis, Angeliki A.
- 18-27 Differences in risk and protective factors between crossover and non-crossover youth in juvenile justice
by Lee, Sei-Young & Villagrana, Margarita
- 28-34 Do internal and international remittances matter to health, education and labor of children and adolescents? The case of Vietnam
by Nguyen, Cuong Viet & Nguyen, Hoa Quynh
- 35-40 Problematic internet use and sensation seeking: Differences between teens who live at home and in residential care
by Shechory Bitton, Mally & Cohen Medina, Hagit
- 41-49 Refining an intervention for students with emotional disturbance using qualitative parent and teacher data
by Buchanan, Rohanna & Nese, Rhonda N.T. & Palinkas, Lawrence A. & Ruppert, Traci
- 50-59 Mental health services for children and caregivers remaining at home after suspected maltreatment
by Fong, Hiu-fai & French, Benjamin & Rubin, David & Wood, Joanne N.
- 60-70 Needs-led child and youth care: Main characteristics and evidence on outcomes
by Metselaar, Janneke & van Yperen, Tom A. & van den Bergh, Peter M. & Knorth, Erik J.
- 71-81 The effect of social work use on the mental health outcomes of parents and the life satisfaction of children in Britain
by Henderson, Morag & Cheung, Sin Yi & Sharland, Elaine & Scourfield, Jonathan
- 82-89 Do youth with substantiated child maltreatment investigations have distinct patterns of delinquent behaviors?
by Snyder, Susan M. & Smith, Rachel E.
- 90-98 Adopted children and young people's views on their life storybooks: The role of narrative in the formation of identities
by Watson, Debbie L. & Latter, Sandra & Bellew, Rebecca
- 99-103 ‘Reach Out, Rise Up’: The efficacy of text messaging in an intervention package for anxiety and depression severity in young people
by Anstiss, David & Davies, Amber
- 104-117 Impact of the Child Support Performance and Incentive Act on child support order establishment
by Pirog, Maureen & Gerrish, Ed
- 118-126 Demographics, policy, and foster care rates; A Predictive Analytics Approach
by Russell, Jesse & Macgill, Stephanie
- 127-136 Using big data for evidence based governance in child welfare
by Kum, Hye-Chung & Joy Stewart, C. & Rose, Roderick A. & Duncan, Dean F.
- 137-141 Risk factors and physical signs of child abuse in hospitalized children in Taiwan
by Wu, Min-Fung & Lu, Tsung-Hsueh & Lin, Chii-Jeng & Feng, Jui-Ying
- 142-145 Tobacco use among foster youth: Evidence of health disparities
by Braciszewski, Jordan M. & Colby, Suzanne M.
- 146-152 A framework for developing healthcare quality measures for children and youth in foster care
by Deans, Katherine J. & Minneci, Peter C. & Nacion, Kristine M. & Thackeray, Jonathan D. & Scholle, Sarah Hudson & Kelleher, Kelly J.
- 153-162 Program records as a source for program implementation assessment and youth outcomes predictors during residential care
by Gross, Thomas J. & Hurley, Kristin Duppong & Sullivan, Justin J. & Lambert, Matthew C. & Van Ryzin, Mark J. & Thompson, Ronald W.
- 163-169 Behavioral health needs and service use among those who've aged-out of foster care
by Brown, Adam & Courtney, Mark E. & Curtis McMillen, J.
- 170-178 Gender differences in mental health consequences of exposure to political violence among Israeli adolescents
by Slone, Michelle & Mayer, Yael
- 179-186 Family Care Treatment for dispersed populations of children with behavioral challenges: The design, implementation, and initial outcomes of an evidence-informed treatment
by Hine, Kathleen M. & Moore, Kevin J.
- 187-199 Dialectical Behavior Therapy as a catalyst for change in street-involved youth: A mixed methods study
by McCay, Elizabeth & Carter, Celina & Aiello, Andria & Quesnel, Susan & Langley, John & Hwang, Steven & Beanlands, Heather & Cooper, Linda & Howes, Carol & Johansson, Bjorn & MacLaurin, Bruce & Hughes, Jean & Karabanow, Jeff
- 200-207 A longitudinal study of victimization among South Korean youth: The integrative approach between lifestyle and control theory
by Lee, Wanhee
- 208-218 The outcome of institutional youth care compared to non-institutional youth care for children of primary school age and early adolescence: A multi-level meta-analysis
by Strijbosch, E.L.L. & Huijs, J.A.M. & Stams, G.J.J.M. & Wissink, I.B. & van der Helm, G.H.P. & de Swart, J.J.W. & van der Veen, Z.
- 219-226 The developing relationship between recently placed foster infants and toddlers and their foster carers: Do demographic factors, placement characteristics and biological stress markers matter?
by Van Andel, H.W.H. & Post, W.J. & Jansen, L.M.C. & Kamphuis, J.S. & Van der Gaag, R.J. & Knorth, E.J. & Grietens, H.
- 227-235 Functioning patterns among older adolescents in foster care: Results from a cluster analysis
by Shpiegel, Svetlana & Ocasio, Kerrie
- 236-243 Adolescent drinking in Spain: Family relationship quality, rules, communication, and behaviors
by Goldberg-Looney, Lisa D. & Sánchez-SanSegundo, Miriam & Ferrer-Cascales, Rosario & Smith, Erin R. & Albaladejo-Blazquez, Natalia & Perrin, Paul B.
- 244-252 Falling through the cracks: The paradox of post-release services for unaccompanied child migrants
by Roth, Benjamin J. & Grace, Breanne L.
- 253-264 Joining formative evaluation with translational science to assess an EBI in foster care: Examining social–emotional well-being and placement stability
by Akin, Becci A. & Byers, Kaela D. & Lloyd, Margaret H. & McDonald, Thomas P.
- 265-273 The role of child and parent savings in promoting expectations for university education among middle school students in Ghana: A propensity score analysis
by Ansong, David & Wu, Shiyou & Chowa, Gina A.N.
2015, Volume 57, Issue C
- 1-8 Effects of kinship care on behavioral problems by child age: A propensity score analysis
by Wu, Qi & White, Kevin R. & Coleman, Kanisha L.
- 9-18 Evaluating the self-expressed unmet needs of emancipated foster youth over time
by Katz, Colleen C. & Courtney, Mark E.
- 19-29 School engagement among LGBTQ high school students: The roles of safe adults and gay–straight alliance characteristics
by Seelman, Kristie L. & Forge, Nicholas & Walls, N. Eugene & Bridges, Nadine
- 30-39 Linking state child care and child welfare policies and populations: Implications for children, families, and policymakers
by Meloy, Mary Elizabeth & Lipscomb, Shannon T. & Baron, Madeline J.
- 40-49 It's not as simple as it sounds: Problems and solutions in accessing and using administrative child welfare data for evaluating the impact of early childhood interventions
by Green, Beth L. & Ayoub, Catherine & Bartlett, Jessica Dym & Furrer, Carrie & Von Ende, Adam & Chazan-Cohen, Rachel & Klevens, Joanne & Nygren, Peggy
- 50-59 Better Futures: A validated model for increasing postsecondary preparation and participation of youth in foster care with mental health challenges
by Phillips, Lee Ann & Powers, Laurie E. & Geenen, Sarah & Schmidt, Jessica & Winges-Yanez, Nichole & McNeely, Isha Charlie & Merritt, Lindsay & Williamson, Candis & Turner, Shannon & Zweben, Harry & Bodner, Celeste
- 60-67 Factors affecting permanency for legally free children & youth: A study of Colorado's legally free population across age groups, 2008–2014
by Elgin, Dallas J. & Sushinsky, Jonathan & Johnson, Andrew & Russo, Gretchen & Sewell, Tiffany
- 68-74 Factors reducing the risk of internet addiction in young people in their home environment
by Wąsiński, Arkadiusz & Tomczyk, Łukasz
- 75-82 Using child welfare assessments and latent class analysis to identify prevalence and comorbidity of parent service needs
by Jarpe-Ratner, Elizabeth & Bellamy, Jennifer L. & Yang, Duck-Hye & Smithgall, Cheryl
- 83-89 Immigration enforcement and mixed-status families: The effects of risk of deportation on Medicaid use
by Vargas, Edward D.
- 90-97 Strengthening youth participation in civic engagement: Applying the Convention on the Rights of the Child to social work practice
by Richards-Schuster, Katie & Pritzker, Suzanne
- 98-105 Exploring inequities in child welfare and child protection services: Explaining the ‘inverse intervention law’
by Bywaters, Paul & Brady, Geraldine & Sparks, Tim & Bos, Elizabeth & Bunting, Lisa & Daniel, Brigid & Featherstone, Brid & Morris, Kate & Scourfield, Jonathan
- 106-111 Mental health outcomes among child welfare investigated children: In-home versus out-of-home care
by Conn, Anne-Marie & Szilagyi, Moira A. & Jee, Sandra H. & Blumkin, Aaron K. & Szilagyi, Peter G.
- 112-126 Exiting or retaining owner-occupied housing in the United States 1999–2009: How do social programs matter?
by Berger, Lawrence M. & Collins, J. Michael & Smeeding, Timothy M.
- 127-133 Child-centered play therapy with young children who are anxious: A controlled trial
by Stulmaker, Hayley L. & Ray, Dee C.
- 134-140 Workplace stress and job satisfaction among child protective service workers in South Korea: Focusing on the buffering effects of protective factors
by Chung, Youngsoon & Chun, JongSerl
- 141-148 An examination of the relationships between professional quality of life, adverse childhood experiences, resilience, and work environment in a sample of human service providers
by Hiles Howard, Amanda R. & Parris, Sheri & Hall, Jordan S. & Call, Casey D. & Razuri, Erin Becker & Purvis, Karyn B. & Cross, David R.
- 149-158 Invisible children? Professional bricolage in child protection
by Alberth, Lars & Bühler-Niederberger, Doris
- 159-170 A multidimensional child poverty index in China
by Qi, Di & Wu, Yichao
- 171-178 The Treatment Outcome Package (TOP): A multi-dimensional level of care matrix for child welfare
by Kraus, David R. & Baxter, Elizabeth E. & Alexander, Pamela C. & Bentley, Jordan H.
- 179-192 Does SNAP serve as a safety net for mothers facing an economic shock? An analysis of Black and White unwed mothers' responses to paternal imprisonment
by Chung, Yiyoon
- 193-200 Crossover youth post arrest: Placement status and recidivism
by Huang, Hui & Ryan, Joseph P. & Sappleton, Antoinette & Chiu, Yu-Ling
- 201-211 Do poorer youth have fewer friends? The role of household and child economic resources in adolescent school-class friendships
by Hjalmarsson, Simon & Mood, Carina
2015, Volume 56, Issue C
- 1-6 Therapeutic crisis intervention system in residential care for children and youth: Staff knowledge, attitudes, and coping styles
by Shechory Bitton, Mally & Rajpurkar, Sarit
- 7-17 The Child Protection Clinic: A mixed method evaluation of parent legal representation
by Haight, Wendy & Marshall, Jane & Woolman, Joanna
- 18-25 Understanding service provision and utilization for vulnerable youth: Evidence from multiple informants
by Li, Haibin & Liebenberg, Linda & Ungar, Michael
- 26-32 Ethnic disproportionality in the child welfare system: A Norwegian national cohort study
by Staer, Trine & Bjørknes, Ragnhild
- 33-41 The Vital Few foster parents: Replication and extension
by Orme, John G. & Cherry, Donna J.
- 42-51 Social and emotional learning services and child outcomes in third grade: Evidence from a cohort of Head Start participants
by Zhai, Fuhua & Raver, C. Cybele & Jones, Stephanie M.
- 52-60 Treatment of the Sexually Abused Child: Review and Synthesis of Recent Meta-Analyses
by Benuto, Lorraine T. & O’Donohue, William
- 61-67 Who am I? Who do you think I am? Stability of racial/ethnic self-identification among youth in foster care and concordance with agency categorization
by Schmidt, Jessica & Dubey, Shanti & Dalton, Larry & Nelson, May & Lee, Junghee & Oberweiser Kennedy, Molly & Kim-Gervey, Connie & Powers, Laurie & Geenen, Sarah
- 68-75 Parental preschool choices and challenges when young children and their families experience homelessness
by Taylor, Jamie & Gibson, Britton & Hurd, Kate
- 76-85 Child abuse/neglect risk assessment under field practice conditions: Tests of external and temporal validity and comparison with heart disease prediction
by Johnson, Will & Clancy, Thomas & Bastian, Pascal
- 86-96 Targeting youth at risk for gang involvement: Validation of a gang risk assessment to support individualized secondary prevention
by Hennigan, Karen M. & Kolnick, Kathy A. & Vindel, Flor & Maxson, Cheryl L.
- 97-106 Does sibling relationship matter to self-concept and resilience in adolescents under residential care?
by Mota, Catarina Pinheiro & Matos, Paula Mena
- 107-115 Foster youth and drug use: Exploring risk and protective factors
by Barn, Ravinder & Tan, Jo-Pei
- 116-125 Perceived discrimination, socioeconomic status, and mental health among Latino adolescents in US immigrant families
by Ríos-Salas, Vanessa & Larson, Andrea
- 126-134 A study of disabled children and child protection in Scotland — A hidden group?
by Stalker, Kirsten & Taylor, Julie & Fry, Deborah & Stewart, Alastair B.R.
- 139-148 Juvenile justice, mental health, and the transition to adulthood: A review of service system involvement and unmet needs in the U.S
by Zajac, Kristyn & Sheidow, Ashli J. & Davis, Maryann
- 149-160 Professional challenges experienced by child and youth care workers in South Africa
by Molepo, Lesiba & Delport, Catharina Sophia Louisa
- 161-168 Co-production of ICT and children at risk: The introduction of the Child Index in Dutch child welfare
by Lecluijze, Inge & Penders, Bart & Feron, Frans J.M. & Horstman, Klasien
- 169-176 Disability pension among adult former child welfare clients: A Swedish national cohort study
by Vinnerljung, Bo & Brännström, Lars & Hjern, Anders
- 185-192 Mentoring in the social context: Mentors' experiences with mentees' peers in a site-based program
by Pryce, Julia & Giovannetti, Samantha & Spencer, Renée & Elledge, L. Christian & Gowdy, Grace & Whitley, Marisa L. & Cavell, Timothy A.
2015, Volume 55, Issue C
- 1-9 Effects of parental monitoring on aggressive behavior among youth in the United States and South Korea: A cross-national study
by Lee, Jungup & Randolph, Karen A.
- 10-17 Child protection in Tanzania: A dream or nightmare
by Ng'ondi, Naftali Bernard
- 18-28 Job burnout and affective wellbeing: A longitudinal study of burnout and job satisfaction among public child welfare workers
by Lizano, Erica L. & Mor Barak, Michalle
- 29-36 Psychosocial characteristics and service needs of Canadian suburban male youth at risk for homelessness
by Wershler, Julie L. & Ronis, Scott T.
- 37-47 The effectiveness of creative bibliotherapy for internalizing, externalizing, and prosocial behaviors in children: A systematic review
by Montgomery, Paul & Maunders, Kathryn
- 48-55 The role of fathers in reducing dating violence victimization and sexual risk behaviors among a national sample of Black adolescents
by Alleyne-Green, Binta & Grinnell-Davis, Claudette & Clark, Trenette T. & Cryer-Coupet, Qiana R.
- 56-61 Perceptual difference of child neglect among Korean parents and children: Implications for child welfare policy
by Choi, Jong Baek & Thomas, Madhavappallil
- 62-70 Non-parental adults in the social and risk behavior networks of sexual minority male youth
by Sterrett, Emma M. & Birkett, Michelle & Kuhns, Lisa & Mustanski, Brian
- 71-83 Factors influencing decision making about the placement of children in care: Development of the Child Placement Questionnaire
by Meiksans, Jenna & Iannos, Marie & Arney, Fiona
- 84-92 Building an evidence-base for the training of evidence-based treatments in community settings: Use of an expert-informed approach
by Scudder, Ashley T. & Herschell, Amy D.
- 93-102 Protective factors among Latino families involved with child welfare: A review of Spanish protective factor research on child maltreatment prevention in seven countries
by Bailey, Andrew M. & Brazil, Adam M. & Conrad-Hiebner, Aislinn & Counts, Jacqueline
- 103-110 Compliance and Internalization in Preschool Foster Children
by Harden, Brenda Jones & Duncan, Aimée Drouin & Morrison, Colleen I. & Panlilio, Carlomagno & Clyman, Robert B.
- 111-120 Exploring the path from foster care to stable and lasting adoption: Perceptions of foster care alumni
by Susana Mariscal, E. & Akin, Becci A. & Lieberman, Alice A. & Washington, DaKie
- 121-127 How early is early intervention and who should get it? Contested meanings in determining thresholds for intervention
by valentine, kylie & Katz, Ilan
- 128-137 Testing a path model of relationships between gender, age, and bullying victimization and violent behavior, substance abuse, depression, suicidal ideation, and suicide attempts in adolescents
by Reed, Karen P. & Nugent, William & Cooper, R. Lyle
- 138-146 Correlates of traditional bullying and cyberbullying perpetration among Australian students
by Tanrikulu, Ibrahim & Campbell, Marilyn
- 147-158 Finding their Way: Perceptions of risk, resilience, and positive youth development among adolescents and young adults from public housing neighborhoods
by Forrest-Bank, Shandra S. & Nicotera, Nicole & Anthony, Elizabeth K. & Jenson, Jeffrey M.
- 159-169 Social images of residential care: How children, youth and residential care institutions are portrayed?
by Calheiros, Maria Manuela & Garrido, Margarida Vaz & Lopes, Diniz & Patrício, Joana Nunes
- 170-181 Accessing quality early care and education for children in child welfare: Stakeholders' perspectives on barriers and opportunities for interagency collaboration
by Lee, Sei-Young & Benson, Stephanie M. & Klein, Sacha M. & Franke, Todd M.
- 182-192 Child fatality in Intercountry adoption: What media reports suggest about deaths of Russian children in the U.S
by Hegar, Rebecca L. & Verbovaya, Olga & Watson, Larry D.
- 193-200 Do they get what they expect?: The connection between young adults' future expectations before leaving care and outcomes after leaving care
by Sulimani-Aidan, Yafit
- 201-209 Statewide dissemination of an evidence-based practice using Breakthrough Series Collaboratives
by Lang, Jason M. & Franks, Robert P. & Epstein, Carrie & Stover, Carla & Oliver, Jason A.
- 210-221 Fragile families in the American welfare state
by Garfinkel, Irwin & Zilanawala, Afshin
- 222-231 Experiences and needs of homeless youth with a history of foster care
by Bender, Kimberly & Yang, Jessica & Ferguson, Kristin & Thompson, Sanna
2015, Volume 54, Issue C
- 1-7 Services to domestic minor victims of sex trafficking: Opportunities for engagement and support
by Gibbs, Deborah A. & Hardison Walters, Jennifer L. & Lutnick, Alexandra & Miller, Shari & Kluckman, Marianne
- 8-19 The challenges of creating the treatment readiness scale for youths taking part in mandatory psychosocial counseling
by Gašević, Gabrijela Ratkajec
- 20-29 Are children safer with kin? A comparison of maltreatment risk in out-of-home care
by Font, Sarah A.
- 30-40 Case manager job strain in public child welfare agencies: Job demands and job control's additive effects, and instrumental feedback's mediating role
by Preston, Mark S.
- 41-48 Care leavers as helpers: Motivations for and benefits of helping others
by Melkman, Eran & Mor-Salwo, Yifat & Mangold, Katharina & Zeller, Maren & Benbenishty, Rami
- 49-56 The effect of child support on the labor supply of custodial mothers participating in TANF
by Cuesta, Laura & Cancian, Maria
- 57-70 Defining and strengthening child well-being in child protection
by Jones, Annette Semanchin & LaLiberte, Traci & Piescher, Kristine N.
- 71-79 Developing strategies for positive change: Transitioning foster youth to adulthood
by Graham, Kara E. & Schellinger, Annie R. & Vaughn, Lisa M.
2015, Volume 53, Issue C
- 1-9 Development & maintenance of social support among aged out foster youth who received independent living services: Results from the Multi-Site Evaluation of Foster Youth Programs
by Greeson, Johanna K.P. & Garcia, Antonio R. & Kim, Minseop & Thompson, Allison E. & Courtney, Mark E.
- 10-16 Parenting adolescents from ethno-cultural backgrounds: A scan of community-based programs in Canada for the promotion of adolescent mental health
by Ruiz-Casares, Mónica & Kolyn, Lauren & Sullivan, Richard & Rousseau, Cécile
- 17-23 Adolescents at risk and their willingness to seek help from youth care workers
by Kaim, Zeev & Romi, Shlomo
- 24-33 Food insecurity across the first five years: Triggers of onset and exit
by Jacknowitz, Alison & Morrissey, Taryn & Brannegan, Andrew
- 34-38 Cross-informant agreement of the Behavioral and Emotional Rating Scale for youth in community mental health settings
by January, Stacy-Ann A. & Lambert, Matthew C. & Epstein, Michael H. & Walrath, Christine M. & Gebreselassie, Tesfayi
- 39-43 Interagency collaboration and identifying mental health needs in child welfare: Findings from Los Angeles County
by He, Amy S. & Lim, Caroline S. & Lecklitner, Greg & Olson, Adrienne & Traube, Dorian E.
- 44-51 Risk factors for teenage childbirths among child welfare clients: Findings from Sweden
by Brännström, Lars & Vinnerljung, Bo & Hjern, Anders
- 52-60 Youth mentoring relationships in context: Mentor perceptions of youth, environment, and the mentor role
by Lakind, Davielle & Atkins, Marc & Eddy, J. Mark
- 61-69 Pre-treatment profiles of adolescent girls as predictors of the strength of their working alliances with practitioners in residential care settings
by Ayotte, Marie-Hélène & Lanctôt, Nadine & Tourigny, Marc
- 70-76 Foster parents' coping style and attitudes toward parenting
by Skrallan, De Maeyer & Johan, Vanderfaeillie & Marijke, Robberechts & Femke, Vanschoonlandt & Frank, Van Holen
- 77-83 The relationships between after-school programs, academic outcomes, and behavioral developmental outcomes of Latino children from immigrant families: Findings from the 2005 National Household Education Surveys Program
by Park, Hyejoon & Lin, Ching-Hsuan & Liu, Chennan & Tabb, Karen M.