Children and Youth Services Review
2015, Volume 59, Issue C
- 149-160 Images across Europe: The sending and receiving of sexual images and associations with interpersonal violence in young people's relationships
by Wood, Marsha & Barter, Christine & Stanley, Nicky & Aghtaie, Nadia & Larkins, Cath
- 161-170 Supporting families throughout the international special needs adoption process
by O'Dell, Keely E. & McCall, Robert B. & Groark, Christina J.
- 171-176 Retention and job satisfaction of child welfare supervisors
by McCrae, Julie S. & Scannapieco, Maria & Obermann, Ann
- 177-183 Child welfare workers and social justice: Mending the disconnect
by McLaughlin, Anne Marie & Gray, Erin & Wilson, Maureen
- 184-195 Typology of youth at risk
by Etzion, Dafna & Romi, Shlomo
2015, Volume 58, Issue C
- 1-10 Parents' persistence and certification in a two-generation education and training program
by Sabol, Terri J. & Sommer, Teresa E. & Chase-Lansdale, P. Lindsay & Brooks-Gunn, Jeanne & Yoshikawa, Hirokazu & King, Christopher T. & Kathawalla, Ummul & Alamuddin, Rayane & Gomez, Celia J. & Ross, Emily C.
- 11-17 Sexual and gender minority disproportionality and disparities in child welfare: A population-based study
by Wilson, Bianca D.M. & Kastanis, Angeliki A.
- 18-27 Differences in risk and protective factors between crossover and non-crossover youth in juvenile justice
by Lee, Sei-Young & Villagrana, Margarita
- 28-34 Do internal and international remittances matter to health, education and labor of children and adolescents? The case of Vietnam
by Nguyen, Cuong Viet & Nguyen, Hoa Quynh
- 35-40 Problematic internet use and sensation seeking: Differences between teens who live at home and in residential care
by Shechory Bitton, Mally & Cohen Medina, Hagit
- 41-49 Refining an intervention for students with emotional disturbance using qualitative parent and teacher data
by Buchanan, Rohanna & Nese, Rhonda N.T. & Palinkas, Lawrence A. & Ruppert, Traci
- 50-59 Mental health services for children and caregivers remaining at home after suspected maltreatment
by Fong, Hiu-fai & French, Benjamin & Rubin, David & Wood, Joanne N.
- 60-70 Needs-led child and youth care: Main characteristics and evidence on outcomes
by Metselaar, Janneke & van Yperen, Tom A. & van den Bergh, Peter M. & Knorth, Erik J.
- 71-81 The effect of social work use on the mental health outcomes of parents and the life satisfaction of children in Britain
by Henderson, Morag & Cheung, Sin Yi & Sharland, Elaine & Scourfield, Jonathan
- 82-89 Do youth with substantiated child maltreatment investigations have distinct patterns of delinquent behaviors?
by Snyder, Susan M. & Smith, Rachel E.
- 90-98 Adopted children and young people's views on their life storybooks: The role of narrative in the formation of identities
by Watson, Debbie L. & Latter, Sandra & Bellew, Rebecca
- 99-103 ‘Reach Out, Rise Up’: The efficacy of text messaging in an intervention package for anxiety and depression severity in young people
by Anstiss, David & Davies, Amber
- 104-117 Impact of the Child Support Performance and Incentive Act on child support order establishment
by Pirog, Maureen & Gerrish, Ed
- 118-126 Demographics, policy, and foster care rates; A Predictive Analytics Approach
by Russell, Jesse & Macgill, Stephanie
- 127-136 Using big data for evidence based governance in child welfare
by Kum, Hye-Chung & Joy Stewart, C. & Rose, Roderick A. & Duncan, Dean F.
- 137-141 Risk factors and physical signs of child abuse in hospitalized children in Taiwan
by Wu, Min-Fung & Lu, Tsung-Hsueh & Lin, Chii-Jeng & Feng, Jui-Ying
- 142-145 Tobacco use among foster youth: Evidence of health disparities
by Braciszewski, Jordan M. & Colby, Suzanne M.
- 146-152 A framework for developing healthcare quality measures for children and youth in foster care
by Deans, Katherine J. & Minneci, Peter C. & Nacion, Kristine M. & Thackeray, Jonathan D. & Scholle, Sarah Hudson & Kelleher, Kelly J.
- 153-162 Program records as a source for program implementation assessment and youth outcomes predictors during residential care
by Gross, Thomas J. & Hurley, Kristin Duppong & Sullivan, Justin J. & Lambert, Matthew C. & Van Ryzin, Mark J. & Thompson, Ronald W.
- 163-169 Behavioral health needs and service use among those who've aged-out of foster care
by Brown, Adam & Courtney, Mark E. & Curtis McMillen, J.
- 170-178 Gender differences in mental health consequences of exposure to political violence among Israeli adolescents
by Slone, Michelle & Mayer, Yael
- 179-186 Family Care Treatment for dispersed populations of children with behavioral challenges: The design, implementation, and initial outcomes of an evidence-informed treatment
by Hine, Kathleen M. & Moore, Kevin J.
- 187-199 Dialectical Behavior Therapy as a catalyst for change in street-involved youth: A mixed methods study
by McCay, Elizabeth & Carter, Celina & Aiello, Andria & Quesnel, Susan & Langley, John & Hwang, Steven & Beanlands, Heather & Cooper, Linda & Howes, Carol & Johansson, Bjorn & MacLaurin, Bruce & Hughes, Jean & Karabanow, Jeff
- 200-207 A longitudinal study of victimization among South Korean youth: The integrative approach between lifestyle and control theory
by Lee, Wanhee
- 208-218 The outcome of institutional youth care compared to non-institutional youth care for children of primary school age and early adolescence: A multi-level meta-analysis
by Strijbosch, E.L.L. & Huijs, J.A.M. & Stams, G.J.J.M. & Wissink, I.B. & van der Helm, G.H.P. & de Swart, J.J.W. & van der Veen, Z.
- 219-226 The developing relationship between recently placed foster infants and toddlers and their foster carers: Do demographic factors, placement characteristics and biological stress markers matter?
by Van Andel, H.W.H. & Post, W.J. & Jansen, L.M.C. & Kamphuis, J.S. & Van der Gaag, R.J. & Knorth, E.J. & Grietens, H.
- 227-235 Functioning patterns among older adolescents in foster care: Results from a cluster analysis
by Shpiegel, Svetlana & Ocasio, Kerrie
- 236-243 Adolescent drinking in Spain: Family relationship quality, rules, communication, and behaviors
by Goldberg-Looney, Lisa D. & Sánchez-SanSegundo, Miriam & Ferrer-Cascales, Rosario & Smith, Erin R. & Albaladejo-Blazquez, Natalia & Perrin, Paul B.
- 244-252 Falling through the cracks: The paradox of post-release services for unaccompanied child migrants
by Roth, Benjamin J. & Grace, Breanne L.
- 253-264 Joining formative evaluation with translational science to assess an EBI in foster care: Examining social–emotional well-being and placement stability
by Akin, Becci A. & Byers, Kaela D. & Lloyd, Margaret H. & McDonald, Thomas P.
- 265-273 The role of child and parent savings in promoting expectations for university education among middle school students in Ghana: A propensity score analysis
by Ansong, David & Wu, Shiyou & Chowa, Gina A.N.
2015, Volume 57, Issue C
- 1-8 Effects of kinship care on behavioral problems by child age: A propensity score analysis
by Wu, Qi & White, Kevin R. & Coleman, Kanisha L.
- 9-18 Evaluating the self-expressed unmet needs of emancipated foster youth over time
by Katz, Colleen C. & Courtney, Mark E.
- 19-29 School engagement among LGBTQ high school students: The roles of safe adults and gay–straight alliance characteristics
by Seelman, Kristie L. & Forge, Nicholas & Walls, N. Eugene & Bridges, Nadine
- 30-39 Linking state child care and child welfare policies and populations: Implications for children, families, and policymakers
by Meloy, Mary Elizabeth & Lipscomb, Shannon T. & Baron, Madeline J.
- 40-49 It's not as simple as it sounds: Problems and solutions in accessing and using administrative child welfare data for evaluating the impact of early childhood interventions
by Green, Beth L. & Ayoub, Catherine & Bartlett, Jessica Dym & Furrer, Carrie & Von Ende, Adam & Chazan-Cohen, Rachel & Klevens, Joanne & Nygren, Peggy
- 50-59 Better Futures: A validated model for increasing postsecondary preparation and participation of youth in foster care with mental health challenges
by Phillips, Lee Ann & Powers, Laurie E. & Geenen, Sarah & Schmidt, Jessica & Winges-Yanez, Nichole & McNeely, Isha Charlie & Merritt, Lindsay & Williamson, Candis & Turner, Shannon & Zweben, Harry & Bodner, Celeste
- 60-67 Factors affecting permanency for legally free children & youth: A study of Colorado's legally free population across age groups, 2008–2014
by Elgin, Dallas J. & Sushinsky, Jonathan & Johnson, Andrew & Russo, Gretchen & Sewell, Tiffany
- 68-74 Factors reducing the risk of internet addiction in young people in their home environment
by Wąsiński, Arkadiusz & Tomczyk, Łukasz
- 75-82 Using child welfare assessments and latent class analysis to identify prevalence and comorbidity of parent service needs
by Jarpe-Ratner, Elizabeth & Bellamy, Jennifer L. & Yang, Duck-Hye & Smithgall, Cheryl
- 83-89 Immigration enforcement and mixed-status families: The effects of risk of deportation on Medicaid use
by Vargas, Edward D.
- 90-97 Strengthening youth participation in civic engagement: Applying the Convention on the Rights of the Child to social work practice
by Richards-Schuster, Katie & Pritzker, Suzanne
- 98-105 Exploring inequities in child welfare and child protection services: Explaining the ‘inverse intervention law’
by Bywaters, Paul & Brady, Geraldine & Sparks, Tim & Bos, Elizabeth & Bunting, Lisa & Daniel, Brigid & Featherstone, Brid & Morris, Kate & Scourfield, Jonathan
- 106-111 Mental health outcomes among child welfare investigated children: In-home versus out-of-home care
by Conn, Anne-Marie & Szilagyi, Moira A. & Jee, Sandra H. & Blumkin, Aaron K. & Szilagyi, Peter G.
- 112-126 Exiting or retaining owner-occupied housing in the United States 1999–2009: How do social programs matter?
by Berger, Lawrence M. & Collins, J. Michael & Smeeding, Timothy M.
- 127-133 Child-centered play therapy with young children who are anxious: A controlled trial
by Stulmaker, Hayley L. & Ray, Dee C.
- 134-140 Workplace stress and job satisfaction among child protective service workers in South Korea: Focusing on the buffering effects of protective factors
by Chung, Youngsoon & Chun, JongSerl
- 141-148 An examination of the relationships between professional quality of life, adverse childhood experiences, resilience, and work environment in a sample of human service providers
by Hiles Howard, Amanda R. & Parris, Sheri & Hall, Jordan S. & Call, Casey D. & Razuri, Erin Becker & Purvis, Karyn B. & Cross, David R.
- 149-158 Invisible children? Professional bricolage in child protection
by Alberth, Lars & Bühler-Niederberger, Doris
- 159-170 A multidimensional child poverty index in China
by Qi, Di & Wu, Yichao
- 171-178 The Treatment Outcome Package (TOP): A multi-dimensional level of care matrix for child welfare
by Kraus, David R. & Baxter, Elizabeth E. & Alexander, Pamela C. & Bentley, Jordan H.
- 179-192 Does SNAP serve as a safety net for mothers facing an economic shock? An analysis of Black and White unwed mothers' responses to paternal imprisonment
by Chung, Yiyoon
- 193-200 Crossover youth post arrest: Placement status and recidivism
by Huang, Hui & Ryan, Joseph P. & Sappleton, Antoinette & Chiu, Yu-Ling
- 201-211 Do poorer youth have fewer friends? The role of household and child economic resources in adolescent school-class friendships
by Hjalmarsson, Simon & Mood, Carina
2015, Volume 56, Issue C
- 1-6 Therapeutic crisis intervention system in residential care for children and youth: Staff knowledge, attitudes, and coping styles
by Shechory Bitton, Mally & Rajpurkar, Sarit
- 7-17 The Child Protection Clinic: A mixed method evaluation of parent legal representation
by Haight, Wendy & Marshall, Jane & Woolman, Joanna
- 18-25 Understanding service provision and utilization for vulnerable youth: Evidence from multiple informants
by Li, Haibin & Liebenberg, Linda & Ungar, Michael
- 26-32 Ethnic disproportionality in the child welfare system: A Norwegian national cohort study
by Staer, Trine & Bjørknes, Ragnhild
- 33-41 The Vital Few foster parents: Replication and extension
by Orme, John G. & Cherry, Donna J.
- 42-51 Social and emotional learning services and child outcomes in third grade: Evidence from a cohort of Head Start participants
by Zhai, Fuhua & Raver, C. Cybele & Jones, Stephanie M.
- 52-60 Treatment of the Sexually Abused Child: Review and Synthesis of Recent Meta-Analyses
by Benuto, Lorraine T. & O’Donohue, William
- 61-67 Who am I? Who do you think I am? Stability of racial/ethnic self-identification among youth in foster care and concordance with agency categorization
by Schmidt, Jessica & Dubey, Shanti & Dalton, Larry & Nelson, May & Lee, Junghee & Oberweiser Kennedy, Molly & Kim-Gervey, Connie & Powers, Laurie & Geenen, Sarah
- 68-75 Parental preschool choices and challenges when young children and their families experience homelessness
by Taylor, Jamie & Gibson, Britton & Hurd, Kate
- 76-85 Child abuse/neglect risk assessment under field practice conditions: Tests of external and temporal validity and comparison with heart disease prediction
by Johnson, Will & Clancy, Thomas & Bastian, Pascal
- 86-96 Targeting youth at risk for gang involvement: Validation of a gang risk assessment to support individualized secondary prevention
by Hennigan, Karen M. & Kolnick, Kathy A. & Vindel, Flor & Maxson, Cheryl L.
- 97-106 Does sibling relationship matter to self-concept and resilience in adolescents under residential care?
by Mota, Catarina Pinheiro & Matos, Paula Mena
- 107-115 Foster youth and drug use: Exploring risk and protective factors
by Barn, Ravinder & Tan, Jo-Pei
- 116-125 Perceived discrimination, socioeconomic status, and mental health among Latino adolescents in US immigrant families
by Ríos-Salas, Vanessa & Larson, Andrea
- 126-134 A study of disabled children and child protection in Scotland — A hidden group?
by Stalker, Kirsten & Taylor, Julie & Fry, Deborah & Stewart, Alastair B.R.
- 139-148 Juvenile justice, mental health, and the transition to adulthood: A review of service system involvement and unmet needs in the U.S
by Zajac, Kristyn & Sheidow, Ashli J. & Davis, Maryann
- 149-160 Professional challenges experienced by child and youth care workers in South Africa
by Molepo, Lesiba & Delport, Catharina Sophia Louisa
- 161-168 Co-production of ICT and children at risk: The introduction of the Child Index in Dutch child welfare
by Lecluijze, Inge & Penders, Bart & Feron, Frans J.M. & Horstman, Klasien
- 169-176 Disability pension among adult former child welfare clients: A Swedish national cohort study
by Vinnerljung, Bo & Brännström, Lars & Hjern, Anders
- 185-192 Mentoring in the social context: Mentors' experiences with mentees' peers in a site-based program
by Pryce, Julia & Giovannetti, Samantha & Spencer, Renée & Elledge, L. Christian & Gowdy, Grace & Whitley, Marisa L. & Cavell, Timothy A.
2015, Volume 55, Issue C
- 1-9 Effects of parental monitoring on aggressive behavior among youth in the United States and South Korea: A cross-national study
by Lee, Jungup & Randolph, Karen A.
- 10-17 Child protection in Tanzania: A dream or nightmare
by Ng'ondi, Naftali Bernard
- 18-28 Job burnout and affective wellbeing: A longitudinal study of burnout and job satisfaction among public child welfare workers
by Lizano, Erica L. & Mor Barak, Michalle
- 29-36 Psychosocial characteristics and service needs of Canadian suburban male youth at risk for homelessness
by Wershler, Julie L. & Ronis, Scott T.
- 37-47 The effectiveness of creative bibliotherapy for internalizing, externalizing, and prosocial behaviors in children: A systematic review
by Montgomery, Paul & Maunders, Kathryn
- 48-55 The role of fathers in reducing dating violence victimization and sexual risk behaviors among a national sample of Black adolescents
by Alleyne-Green, Binta & Grinnell-Davis, Claudette & Clark, Trenette T. & Cryer-Coupet, Qiana R.
- 56-61 Perceptual difference of child neglect among Korean parents and children: Implications for child welfare policy
by Choi, Jong Baek & Thomas, Madhavappallil
- 62-70 Non-parental adults in the social and risk behavior networks of sexual minority male youth
by Sterrett, Emma M. & Birkett, Michelle & Kuhns, Lisa & Mustanski, Brian
- 71-83 Factors influencing decision making about the placement of children in care: Development of the Child Placement Questionnaire
by Meiksans, Jenna & Iannos, Marie & Arney, Fiona
- 84-92 Building an evidence-base for the training of evidence-based treatments in community settings: Use of an expert-informed approach
by Scudder, Ashley T. & Herschell, Amy D.
- 93-102 Protective factors among Latino families involved with child welfare: A review of Spanish protective factor research on child maltreatment prevention in seven countries
by Bailey, Andrew M. & Brazil, Adam M. & Conrad-Hiebner, Aislinn & Counts, Jacqueline
- 103-110 Compliance and Internalization in Preschool Foster Children
by Harden, Brenda Jones & Duncan, Aimée Drouin & Morrison, Colleen I. & Panlilio, Carlomagno & Clyman, Robert B.
- 111-120 Exploring the path from foster care to stable and lasting adoption: Perceptions of foster care alumni
by Susana Mariscal, E. & Akin, Becci A. & Lieberman, Alice A. & Washington, DaKie
- 121-127 How early is early intervention and who should get it? Contested meanings in determining thresholds for intervention
by valentine, kylie & Katz, Ilan
- 128-137 Testing a path model of relationships between gender, age, and bullying victimization and violent behavior, substance abuse, depression, suicidal ideation, and suicide attempts in adolescents
by Reed, Karen P. & Nugent, William & Cooper, R. Lyle
- 138-146 Correlates of traditional bullying and cyberbullying perpetration among Australian students
by Tanrikulu, Ibrahim & Campbell, Marilyn
- 147-158 Finding their Way: Perceptions of risk, resilience, and positive youth development among adolescents and young adults from public housing neighborhoods
by Forrest-Bank, Shandra S. & Nicotera, Nicole & Anthony, Elizabeth K. & Jenson, Jeffrey M.
- 159-169 Social images of residential care: How children, youth and residential care institutions are portrayed?
by Calheiros, Maria Manuela & Garrido, Margarida Vaz & Lopes, Diniz & Patrício, Joana Nunes
- 170-181 Accessing quality early care and education for children in child welfare: Stakeholders' perspectives on barriers and opportunities for interagency collaboration
by Lee, Sei-Young & Benson, Stephanie M. & Klein, Sacha M. & Franke, Todd M.
- 182-192 Child fatality in Intercountry adoption: What media reports suggest about deaths of Russian children in the U.S
by Hegar, Rebecca L. & Verbovaya, Olga & Watson, Larry D.
- 193-200 Do they get what they expect?: The connection between young adults' future expectations before leaving care and outcomes after leaving care
by Sulimani-Aidan, Yafit
- 201-209 Statewide dissemination of an evidence-based practice using Breakthrough Series Collaboratives
by Lang, Jason M. & Franks, Robert P. & Epstein, Carrie & Stover, Carla & Oliver, Jason A.
- 210-221 Fragile families in the American welfare state
by Garfinkel, Irwin & Zilanawala, Afshin
- 222-231 Experiences and needs of homeless youth with a history of foster care
by Bender, Kimberly & Yang, Jessica & Ferguson, Kristin & Thompson, Sanna
2015, Volume 54, Issue C
- 1-7 Services to domestic minor victims of sex trafficking: Opportunities for engagement and support
by Gibbs, Deborah A. & Hardison Walters, Jennifer L. & Lutnick, Alexandra & Miller, Shari & Kluckman, Marianne
- 8-19 The challenges of creating the treatment readiness scale for youths taking part in mandatory psychosocial counseling
by Gašević, Gabrijela Ratkajec
- 20-29 Are children safer with kin? A comparison of maltreatment risk in out-of-home care
by Font, Sarah A.
- 30-40 Case manager job strain in public child welfare agencies: Job demands and job control's additive effects, and instrumental feedback's mediating role
by Preston, Mark S.
- 41-48 Care leavers as helpers: Motivations for and benefits of helping others
by Melkman, Eran & Mor-Salwo, Yifat & Mangold, Katharina & Zeller, Maren & Benbenishty, Rami
- 49-56 The effect of child support on the labor supply of custodial mothers participating in TANF
by Cuesta, Laura & Cancian, Maria
- 57-70 Defining and strengthening child well-being in child protection
by Jones, Annette Semanchin & LaLiberte, Traci & Piescher, Kristine N.
- 71-79 Developing strategies for positive change: Transitioning foster youth to adulthood
by Graham, Kara E. & Schellinger, Annie R. & Vaughn, Lisa M.
2015, Volume 53, Issue C
- 1-9 Development & maintenance of social support among aged out foster youth who received independent living services: Results from the Multi-Site Evaluation of Foster Youth Programs
by Greeson, Johanna K.P. & Garcia, Antonio R. & Kim, Minseop & Thompson, Allison E. & Courtney, Mark E.
- 10-16 Parenting adolescents from ethno-cultural backgrounds: A scan of community-based programs in Canada for the promotion of adolescent mental health
by Ruiz-Casares, Mónica & Kolyn, Lauren & Sullivan, Richard & Rousseau, Cécile
- 17-23 Adolescents at risk and their willingness to seek help from youth care workers
by Kaim, Zeev & Romi, Shlomo
- 24-33 Food insecurity across the first five years: Triggers of onset and exit
by Jacknowitz, Alison & Morrissey, Taryn & Brannegan, Andrew
- 34-38 Cross-informant agreement of the Behavioral and Emotional Rating Scale for youth in community mental health settings
by January, Stacy-Ann A. & Lambert, Matthew C. & Epstein, Michael H. & Walrath, Christine M. & Gebreselassie, Tesfayi
- 39-43 Interagency collaboration and identifying mental health needs in child welfare: Findings from Los Angeles County
by He, Amy S. & Lim, Caroline S. & Lecklitner, Greg & Olson, Adrienne & Traube, Dorian E.
- 44-51 Risk factors for teenage childbirths among child welfare clients: Findings from Sweden
by Brännström, Lars & Vinnerljung, Bo & Hjern, Anders
- 52-60 Youth mentoring relationships in context: Mentor perceptions of youth, environment, and the mentor role
by Lakind, Davielle & Atkins, Marc & Eddy, J. Mark
- 61-69 Pre-treatment profiles of adolescent girls as predictors of the strength of their working alliances with practitioners in residential care settings
by Ayotte, Marie-Hélène & Lanctôt, Nadine & Tourigny, Marc
- 70-76 Foster parents' coping style and attitudes toward parenting
by Skrallan, De Maeyer & Johan, Vanderfaeillie & Marijke, Robberechts & Femke, Vanschoonlandt & Frank, Van Holen
- 77-83 The relationships between after-school programs, academic outcomes, and behavioral developmental outcomes of Latino children from immigrant families: Findings from the 2005 National Household Education Surveys Program
by Park, Hyejoon & Lin, Ching-Hsuan & Liu, Chennan & Tabb, Karen M.
- 84-91 Fathers matter: involving and engaging fathers in the child welfare system process
by Campbell, Christina A. & Howard, Douglas & Rayford, Brett S. & Gordon, Derrick M.
- 92-104 Can Child Development Accounts be inclusive? Early evidence from a statewide experiment
by Beverly, Sondra G. & Kim, Youngmi & Sherraden, Michael & Nam, Yunju & Clancy, Margaret
- 105-112 Meeting children's needs within a family focussed agenda: The case of support care
by Roberts, Louise
- 113-120 Cultural adaptation and implementation of evidence-based parent-training: A systematic review and critique of guiding evidence
by Baumann, Ana A. & Powell, Byron J. & Kohl, Patricia L. & Tabak, Rachel G. & Penalba, Valentina & Proctor, Enola K. & Domenech-Rodriguez, Melanie M. & Cabassa, Leopoldo J.
- 121-129 TANF coverage, state TANF requirement stringencies, and child well-being
by Wang, Julia Shu-Huah
- 130-136 Planned and unplanned terminations of foster care placements in the Netherlands: Relationships with characteristics of foster children and foster placements
by van Rooij, Floor & Maaskant, Anne & Weijers, Irene & Weijers, Desiree & Hermanns, Jo
- 137-146 Permanence for disabled children and young people through foster care and adoption: A selective review of international literature
by Welch, Vicki & Jones, Christine & Stalker, Kirsten & Stewart, Alasdair
- 147-156 Is stability always a good thing? Low-income mothers' experiences with child care transitions
by Speirs, Katherine E. & Vesely, Colleen K. & Roy, Kevin
- 157-165 Factor structure of PPBS with Chinese preschoolers from low-income families
by Leung, Chi Hung
- 166-175 Changes in parenting and child behavior after the home-start family support program: A 10year follow-up
by van Aar, Jolien V. & Asscher, Jessica J. & Zijlstra, Bonne J.H. & Deković, Maja & Hoffenaar, Peter J.
- 176-184 Facilitators and barriers to interagency collaboration in mother–child residential substance abuse treatment programs
by Iachini, A.L. & DeHart, D.D. & McLeer, J. & Hock, R. & Browne, T. & Clone, S.
- 185-191 What helps young care leavers to enter the world of work? Possible lessons learned from an exploratory study in Ireland and Catalonia
by Arnau-Sabatés, Laura & Gilligan, Robbie
- 192-200 Social and emotional learning in middle school curricula: A service learning model based on positive youth development
by Chung, Saras & McBride, Amanda Moore
- 201-210 Preventing substance abuse and relationship violence: Proof-of-concept evaluation of a social, multi-user, tablet-based game
by Elias-Lambert, Nada & Boyas, Javier F. & Black, Beverly M. & Schoech, Richard J.
- 211-218 Shifting sands that threaten policy advocacy for vulnerable children and youth: A case study
by Garrow, Eve E. & Danziger, Sandra K. & Tillotson, Amanda R.
- 219-228 Help-seeking and help-offering for teen dating violence among acculturating Mexican American adolescents
by Rueda, Heidi Adams & Williams, Lela Rankin & Nagoshi, Julie L.
2015, Volume 52, Issue C
- 1-7 Factors associated with provision of instrumental social support for physical activity in a foster parent population
by Dominick, Gregory M. & Saunders, Ruth P. & Friedman, Daniela B. & Hussey, James R. & Watkins, Ken W.
- 9-16 From investigation to collaboration: Practitioner perspectives on the transition phase of parental agreements
by Venables, Jemma & Healy, Karen & Harrison, Gai
- 17-25 The current state of truancy reduction programs and opportunities for enhancement in Los Angeles County
by Gase, Lauren N. & Butler, Katherine & Kuo, Tony
- 26-33 Gang involvement moderates the effectiveness of evidence-based intervention for justice-involved youth
by Boxer, Paul & Kubik, Joanna & Ostermann, Michael & Veysey, Bonita
- 34-44 Local implementation of disability policies for “high incidence” disabilities at public schools in Japan and the U.S
by Kayama, Misa & Haight, Wendy & Kincaid, Tamara & Evans, Kelly
- 45-53 The development and validation of the Spanish adaptation of the Protective Factors Survey
by Conrad-Hiebner, Aislinn & Schoemann, Alexander M. & Counts, Jacqueline M. & Chang, Karin
- 54-62 A review of enabling factors in support intervention programmes for early school leavers: What are the implications for Sub-Saharan Africa?
by Tukundane, Cuthbert & Minnaert, Alexander & Zeelen, Jacques & Kanyandago, Peter
- 63-67 An investigation of problematic internet use among adolescents in terms of self-injurious and risk-taking behavior
by Oktan, Vesile
- 68-73 Cumulative jeopardy? A response to Brown and Ward
by Bywaters, Paul
- 74-88 Risky sexual behavior and substance use among adolescents: A meta-analysis
by Ritchwood, Tiarney D. & Ford, Haley & DeCoster, Jamie & Sutton, Marnie & Lochman, John E.
- 89-96 Four- and ten-month lagged effects of individual counseling on the prosocial behavior of young people
by Cheung, Chau-kiu & Ngai, Steven Sek-yum
- 97-102 Latino caregiver psychosocial factors and health care services for children involved in the child welfare system
by Smith, Caitlin & Brinkmann, Andrea & Schneiderman, Janet U.
- 103-109 Do children in foster care receive appropriate treatment for asthma?
by Jaudes, Paula Kienberger & Bilaver, Lucy A. & Champagne, Vincent
- 110-122 Barriers and facilitators to delivering effective mental health practice strategies for youth and families served by the child welfare system
by Garcia, Antonio R. & Circo, Elizabeth & DeNard, Christina & Hernandez, Natalie
- 123-134 Measuring the support networks of transition-age foster youth: Preliminary validation of a social network assessment for research and practice
by Blakeslee, Jennifer E.
- 135-143 The mediating roles of leader–member exchange and perceived organizational support in the role stress–turnover intention relationship among child welfare workers: A longitudinal analysis
by Kim, Ahraemi & Mor Barak, Michàlle E.
- 144-149 How an intervention project contributes to social inclusion of adolescents and young people of foreign origin
by Feu Gelis, Jordi
- 150-157 The subjective well-being of adolescents in residential care compared to that of the general population
by Llosada-Gistau, Joan & Montserrat, Carme & Casas, Ferran
- 158-166 Wait until your father gets home? Mother's and fathers’ spanking and development of child aggression
by Lee, Shawna J. & Altschul, Inna & Gershoff, Elizabeth T.
- 174-183 Exploring patterns of employee psychosocial outcomes among child welfare workers
by Boyas, Javier F. & Wind, Leslie H. & Ruiz, Erika
- 184-191 Kinship Services Network Program: Five year evaluation of family support and case management for informal kinship families
by Littlewood, Kerry
2015, Volume 51, Issue C
- 1-9 A bit more understanding: Young adults' views of mental health services in care in Ireland
by Tatlow-Golden, Mimi & McElvaney, Rosaleen
- 10-17 Exploring mental distress among immigrant mothers participating in parent training
by Bjørknes, Ragnhild & Larsen, Marit & Gwanzura-Ottemöller, Fungisai & Kjøbli, John
- 18-25 Climate factors related to intention to leave in administrators and clinical professionals
by Claiborne, Nancy & Auerbach, Charles & Zeitlin, Wendy & Lawrence, Catherine K.
- 26-35 Use of criminal justice language in personal narratives of out-of-school suspensions: Black students, caregivers, and educators
by Kayama, Misa & Haight, Wendy & Gibson, Priscilla A. & Wilson, Robert
- 36-43 The impact of organizational support on the transfer of learning to practice
by Futris, Ted G. & Schramm, David G. & Richardson, Evin W. & Lee, Tae Kyoung
- 44-54 “The love that I was missing”: Exploring the lived experience of motherhood among teen mothers in foster care
by Aparicio, Elizabeth & Pecukonis, Edward V. & O'Neale, Shalita
- 55-65 Does a nonresident parent have the right to make decisions for his nonmarital children?: Trends in legal custody among paternity cases
by Chen, Yiyu
- 74-86 Receipt of independent living services among older youth in foster care: An analysis of national data from the U.S
by Okpych, Nathanael J.
- 87-94 Patterns of child support debt accumulation
by Kim, Yeongmin & Cancian, Maria & Meyer, Daniel R.
- 95-100 “I want to be there when he graduates:” Foster parents show higher levels of commitment than group care providers
by Lo, Albert & Roben, Caroline K.P. & Maier, Collin & Fabian, Kimberly & Shauffer, Carole & Dozier, Mary
- 101-107 Are children susceptible to manipulation? The best interest of children and their testimony
by Clemente, Miguel & Padilla-Racero, Dolores
- 108-116 Mother–child and teacher–child relationships and their influences on Chinese only and non-only children's early social behaviors: The moderator role of urban–rural status
by Li, Yanfang & Liu, Lijun & Lv, Ying & Xu, Liangyuan & Wang, Yun & Huntsinger, Carol S.
- 117-124 Risk and protective factors for problem behaviors among youth in residential care
by Melkman, Eran
- 125-133 Looked after children and offending: An exploration of risk, resilience and the role of social cognition
by Schofield, Gillian & Biggart, Laura & Ward, Emma & Larsson, Birgit
2015, Volume 50, Issue C
- 3-11 The role of race, socioeconomic status, and System of Care services in placement decision-making
by Sieracki, Jeff H. & Fuller, Anne K. & Leon, Scott C. & Jhe Bai, Grace & Bryant, Fred
- 12-19 Improving Child rights in the Gulf: Expectations from the brand-new child law of Oman
by Tekin, Ali Kemal
- 20-27 Exploratory analysis of child protection mediation permanency placement outcomes
by Aguiniga, Donna M. & Madden, Elissa E. & Hawley, Alicia
- 28-37 The new mentality: Youth–adult partnerships in community mental health promotion
by Ramey, Heather L. & Rose-Krasnor, Linda
- 38-43 Continuity of care for youth in foster care with serious emotional disturbances
by Fontanella, Cynthia A. & Gupta, Lipi & Hiance-Steelesmith, Danielle L. & Valentine, Sedona
- 44-52 A structural equation model of the effects of diversity characteristics and inclusion on organizational outcomes in the child welfare workforce
by Hwang, Jeongha & Hopkins, Karen M.
- 53-63 Why should child welfare pay more attention to emotional maltreatment?
by English, Diana & Thompson, Richard & White, Catherine Roller & Wilson, Dee
- 64-74 The relationship among childhood risk and protective factors, racial microaggression and ethnic identity, and academic self-efficacy and antisocial behavior in young adulthood
by Forrest-Bank, Shandra S. & Jenson, Jeffery M.
- 75-82 Quasi-experimental study of Functional Family Therapy effectiveness for juvenile justice aftercare in a racially and ethnically diverse community sample
by Darnell, Adam J. & Schuler, Megan S.
- 83-87 Determinants of tobacco use among Korean female adolescents: Longitudinal test of the theory of triadic influence
by Chun, JongSerl
- 88-95 Predictors of discipline severity among at-risk toddlers
by Evans, Sara Z.
- 96-100 Comparing reports of suspected child maltreatment in states with and without Universal Mandated Reporting
by Krase, Kathryn S. & DeLong-Hamilton, Tobi A.
- 101-110 Household assets, academic expectations, and academic performance among Ghanaian junior high school students: Investigating mediation
by Ansong, David & Chowa, Gina A. & Sherraden, Michael
2015, Volume 49, Issue C
- 1-10 The characteristics of help seeking among Palestinian adolescents following exposure to community violence
by Leshem, Becky & Haj-Yahia, Muhammad M. & Guterman, Neil B.
- 11-19 Material hardship in families with children with health conditions: Implications for practice
by Stoddard-Dare, Patricia & DeRigne, LeaAnne & Quinn, Linda M. & Mallett, Christopher
- 20-31 Attachment intervention through peer-based interaction: Working with Istanbul's street boys in a university setting
by Bademci, H. Özden & Karadayı, E. Figen & de Zulueta, Felicity
- 32-38 Predictors of multiple arrests among homeless young adults: Gender differences
by Wachter, Karin & Thompson, Sanna J. & Bender, Kimberly & Ferguson, Kristin
- 39-47 Entrepreneurial development for U.S. minority homeless and unstably housed youth: A qualitative inquiry on value, barriers, and impact on health
by Jennings, Larissa & Shore, Deborah & Strohminger, Nancy & Allison, Burgundi
- 48-53 Does allocation to a control condition in a Randomized Controlled Trial affect the routine care foster parents receive?
by Van Holen, Frank & Vanderfaeillie, Johan & De Maeyer, Skrallan & Gypen, Laura
- 54-61 The role of self-care on compassion satisfaction, burnout and secondary trauma among child welfare workers
by Salloum, Alison & Kondrat, David C. & Johnco, Carly & Olson, Kayla R.
- 62-70 A longitudinal analysis of the effects of open enrollment on equity and academic achievement: Evidence from Minneapolis, Minnesota
by Hong, Saahoon & Choi, Wonseok
- 71-79 Orphanage caregivers' perceptions of children's emotional needs
by Bettmann, Joanna E. & Mortensen, Jamie M. & Akuoko, Kofi O.
2015, Volume 48, Issue C
- 1-13 Examining predictors of re-reports and recurrence of child maltreatment using two national data sources
by Casanueva, Cecilia & Tueller, Stephen & Dolan, Melissa & Testa, Mark & Smith, Keith & Day, Orin
- 14-19 Criminal conduct subgroups of “aging out” foster youth
by McMahon, Robert C. & Fields, Samantha A.
- 20-30 Problem behavior among older youth in foster care: Examining gender
by Farruggia, Susan P. & Germo, Gary R.
- 31-37 The unique relations between early homelessness and educational well-being: An empirical test of the Continuum of Risk Hypothesis
by Brumley, Benjamin & Fantuzzo, John & Perlman, Staci & Zager, Margaret L.
- 38-48 State-wide dissemination and implementation of parent–child interaction therapy (PCIT): Application of theory
by Beveridge, Ryan M. & Fowles, Timothy R. & Masse, Joshua J. & McGoron, Lucy & Smith, Marissa A. & Parrish, Brendt P. & Circo, Gina & Widdoes, Nancy