Brand name and private label price setting by a monopoly store
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Jeffrey M. Perloff & Jeffrey LaFrance & Hayley H. Chouinard, 2012. "Brand Name and Private Label Price Setting by a Monopoly Store," Monash Economics Working Papers 18-12, Monash University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael B. Ward & Jay P. Shimshack & Jeffrey M. Perloff & J. Michael Harris, 2002.
"Effects of the Private-Label Invasion in Food Industries,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(4), pages 961-973.
- Ward, Michael B. & Shimshack, Jay P. & Perloff, Jeffrey M. & Harris, J. Michael, 2002. "Effects of the private-label invasion in food industries," MPRA Paper 22186, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Robert B. Barsky & Mark Bergen & Shantanu Dutta & Daniel Levy, 2003.
"What Can the Price Gap between Branded and Private-Label Products Tell Us about Markups?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Scanner Data and Price Indexes, pages 165-228
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Barsky & Mark Bergen & Shantanu Dutta & Daniel Levy, 2001. "What Can the Price Gap between Branded and Private Label Products Tell Us about Markups?," NBER Working Papers 8426, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Barsky & Mark Bergen & Shantanu Dutta & Daniel Levy, 2002. "What Can the Price Gap between Branded and Private Label Products Tell Us about Markups?," Working Papers 2002-02, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Steven Salop, 1977. "The Noisy Monopolist: Imperfect Information, Price Dispersion and Price Discrimination," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(3), pages 393-406.
- Pradeep K. Chintagunta & André Bonfrer & Inseong Song, 2002. "Investigating the Effects of Store-Brand Introduction on Retailer Demand and Pricing Behavior," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(10), pages 1242-1267, October.
More about this item
KeywordsBrand name; Private label; Monopoly; Pricing;
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- D3 - Microeconomics - - Distribution
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:116:y:2012:i:3:p:508-511. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.