Private Labels, National Brands and Food Prices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard G. Frank & David S. Salkever, 1997. "Generic Entry and the Pricing of Pharmaceuticals," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 75-90, March.
- Hausman, Jerry A & Leonard, Gregory K, 2002. "The Competitive Effects of a New Product Introduction: A Case Study," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(3), pages 237-263, September.
- Michael B. Ward & Jay P. Shimshack & Jeffrey M. Perloff & J. Michael Harris, 2002.
"Effects of the Private-Label Invasion in Food Industries,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(4), pages 961-973.
- Ward, Michael B. & Shimshack, Jay P. & Perloff, Jeffrey M. & Harris, J. Michael, 2002. "Effects of the private-label invasion in food industries," MPRA Paper 22186, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gabrielsen, Tommy Staahl & Sorgard, Lars, 2007.
"Private labels, price rivalry, and public policy,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 403-424, February.
- Gabrielsen, Tommy Staahl & SÃ¸rgard, Lars, 2000. "Private Labels, Price Rivalry, and Public Policy," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt8wh900ks, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Staahl Gabrielsen, T. & Sorgard, L., 2000. "Private Labels, Price Rivalry, and Public Policy," Papers 8/00, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Bergès-Sennou Fabian & Bontems Philippe & Réquillart Vincent, 2004. "Economics of Private Labels: A Survey of Literature," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Bontemps Christophe & Orozco Valerie & Réquillart Vincent & Trevisiol Audrey, 2005. "Price Effects of Private Label Development," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-18, February.
- Mats A. Bergman & Niklas Rudholm, 2003. "The Relative Importance of Actual and Potential Competition: Empirical Evidence From the Pharmaceuticals Market," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(4), pages 455-467, December.
- Mills, David E, 1999. "Private Labels and Manufacturer Counterstrategies," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 26(2), pages 125-145, June.
- Mills, David E, 1995. "Why Retailers Sell Private Labels," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(3), pages 509-528, Fall.
- André Bonfrer & Pradeep K. Chintagunta, 2004. "Store Brands: Who Buys Them and What Happens to Retail Prices When They Are Introduced?," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 24(2), pages 195-218, March.
- Pradeep K. Chintagunta & André Bonfrer & Inseong Song, 2002. "Investigating the Effects of Store-Brand Introduction on Retailer Demand and Pricing Behavior," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(10), pages 1242-1267, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhuang, Yan & Dimitri, Carolyn & Jaenicke, Edward C., 2010. "Price Reactions And Organic Price Premiums For Private Label And Branded Milk," 115th Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, September 15-17, 2010, Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany 116388, European Association of Agricultural Economists;Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Castellari, Elena & Moro, Daniele Daniele & Platoni, Silvia & Sckokai, Paolo, 2014. "Investigating the impact of Private Labels on National Brand prices in the Italian yogurt market," 2014 Third Congress, June 25-27, 2014, Alghero, Italy 173020, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Dubois, Pierre & Jodar-Rosell, Sandra, 2010.
"Price and Brand Competition between Differentiated Retailers: A Structural Econometric Model,"
IDEI Working Papers
604, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Dubois, Pierre & Jodar Rosell, Sandra, 2010. "Price and Brand Competition between Differentiated Retailers: A Structural Econometric Model," CEPR Discussion Papers 7847, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dubois, Pierre & Jodar-Rosell, Sandra, 2010. "Price and Brand Competition between Differentiated Retailers: A Structural Econometric Model," TSE Working Papers 10-159, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Johannes Paha, 2017. "Wholesale Pricing with Incomplete Information about Private Label Products," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201736, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Toro-Gonzalez, Daniel & Yan, Jia & Gallardo, Rosa Karina & McCluskey, Jill J., 2012. "Demand Estimation In The Presence Of An Unobservable Product Attribute: The Case Of Mint Quality," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 123518, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Toro-González Daniel & Gallardo R. Karina & Yan Jia & McCluskey Jill J., 2013.
"Quality Differentiation with Flavors: Demand Estimation of Unobserved Attributes,"
Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization,
De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-11, September.
- Daniel Toro-Gonzalez & Jia Yan & Karina Gallardo & Jill McCluskey, 2012. "Quality Differentiation with Flavors: Demand Estimation of Unobserved Attributes," Working Papers 2012-6, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Dubois, Pierre & Jullien, Bruno, 2016.
"Product design and decision rights in vertical structures,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(4), pages 558-568.
- Dubois, Pierre & Jullien, Bruno, 2016. "Product Design and Decision Rights in Vertical Structures," TSE Working Papers 16-730, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Hasnas, Irina & Wey, Christian, 2015. "Full versus partial collusion among brands and private label producers," DICE Discussion Papers 190, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Fabian Bergès & Philippe Bontems & Vincent Réquillart, 2009.
"L'impact économique du développement des marques de distributeurs,"
Economie & Prévision,
La Documentation Française, vol. 0(3), pages 41-56.
- Vincent Réquillart & Philippe Bontems & Fabian Bergès-Sennou, 2009. "L’impact économique du développement des marques de distributeurs," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 189(3), pages 41-56.
- Bergès, Fabian & Bontems, Philippe & Réquillart, Vincent, 2007. "L'impact économique du développement des marques de distributeurs," IDEI Working Papers 455, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Markus Lampe & Paul Sharp, 2014.
"Greasing the wheels of rural transformation? Margarine and the competition for the British butter market,"
Economic History Review,
Economic History Society, vol. 67(3), pages 769-792, August.
- Markus Lampe & Paul Sharp, 2013. "Greasing the Wheels of Rural Transformation? Margarine and the Competition for the British Butter Market," Working Papers 0043, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Karine Latouche & Emmanuelle Chevassus-Lozza, 2015. "Retailer Supply Chain and Market Access: Evidence From French Agri-food Firms Certified with Private Standards," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(8), pages 1312-1334, August.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:20:y:2013:i:1:p:80-86 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ying, Xiongwei & Anders, Sven M., 2013. "Competition between Private Label and National Brand for Health-differentiated Food Product: A Canadian Retailing Case," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 151280, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Declerck, Francis, 2014. "Do Agricultural Commodity Firm Stock Price and Agricultural Commodity Price Move Together?," 2014 International European Forum, February 17-21, 2014, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 199388, International European Forum on Innovation and System Dynamics in Food Networks.
- Anania, Giovanni & Nisticò, Rosanna, 2014. "Price dispersion and seller heterogeneity in retail food markets," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 190-201.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:74:y:2018:i:c:p:212-224 is not listed on IDEAS
- Declerck, Francis, 2014. "Do Agricultural Commodity Firm Stock Price and Agricultural Commodity Price Move Together?," International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 5(3).
- Fabian Bergès & Zohra Bouamra-Mechemache, 2012.
"Is producing a private label counterproductive for a branded manufacturer?,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 39(2), pages 213-239, April.
- Bergès, Fabian & Bouamra-Mechemache, Zohra, 2009. "Is Producing a Private Label Counterproductive for a Branded Manufacturer?," TSE Working Papers 09-130, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- repec:eee:joreco:v:20:y:2013:i:6:p:617-624 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schroeter Christiane & Cai Xiaowei, 2012. "The Impact of Food Environment on Private Label versus Branded Produce Choice," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-23, November.
- Johansen, Bjørn Olav, 2012. "Private Labels, Rent Shifting And Consumer Welfare," Working Papers in Economics 02/12, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:31:y:2016:i:c:p:109-116 is not listed on IDEAS
- Li, Xun & Wang, Rui & Lopez, Rigoberto A., 2016. "Energy Shock and Price Adjustment: National Brands vs. Private Labels of Retail Milk Products," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235613, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsEmpirical models; Food products; Pricing; Private labels; L81; Q13; D40;
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:33:y:2008:i:1:p:1-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.