Tax structure and growth: How robust is the empirical evidence?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2006.
"Estimation and Inference in Large Heterogeneous Panels with a Multifactor Error Structure,"
Econometric Society, vol. 74(4), pages 967-1012, July.
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2004. "Estimation and Inference in Large Heterogeneous Panels with a Multifactor Error Structure," CESifo Working Paper Series 1331, CESifo Group Munich.
- Widmalm, Frida, 2001. "Tax Structure and Growth: Are Some Taxes Better Than Others?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 107(3-4), pages 199-219, June.
- Steve Bond & Asli Leblebicioglu & Fabio Schiantarelli, 2010.
"Capital accumulation and growth: a new look at the empirical evidence,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(7), pages 1073-1099, November/.
- Steve Bond & Asli Leblebicioglu & Fabio Schiantarelli, 2004. "Capital Accumulation and Growth: A New Look at the Empirical Evidence," Economics Papers 2004-W08, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Bond, Steve & Asli, Leblebicioglu & Schiantarelli, Fabio, 2004. "Capital Accumulation and Growth: A New Look at the Empirical Evidence," IZA Discussion Papers 1174, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Steve Bond & Asli Leblebicioglu & Fabio Schiantarelli, 2004. "Capital Accumulation and Growth: A New Look at the Empirical Evidence," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 591, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 02 Aug 2007.
- Jing Xing, 2011. "Does tax structure affect economic growth? Empirical evidence from OECD countries," Working Papers 1120, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Smith, Ron, 1995.
"Estimating long-run relationships from dynamic heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 79-113, July.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Smith, R., 1992. "Estimating Long-Run Relationships From Dynamic Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9215, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Jens Matthias Arnold & Bert Brys & Christopher Heady & Åsa Johansson & Cyrille Schwellnus & Laura Vartia, 2011. "Tax Policy for Economic Recovery and Growth," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 121(550), pages 59-80, February.
- Lee, Young & Gordon, Roger H., 2005. "Tax structure and economic growth," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(5-6), pages 1027-1043, June.
- Kneller, Richard & Bleaney, Michael F. & Gemmell, Norman, 1999. "Fiscal policy and growth: evidence from OECD countries," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 171-190, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oguzhan Akgun & David Bartolini & Boris Cournède, 2017. "The capacity of governments to raise taxes," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1407, OECD Publishing.
- Dackehag, Margareta & Hansson, Åsa, 2015.
"Taxation of Dividend Income and Economic Growth: The Case of Europe,"
2015:24, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Dackehag, Margareta & Hansson, Åsa, 2015. "Taxation of Dividend Income and Economic Growth: The Case of Europe," Working Paper Series 1081, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:485510 is not listed on IDEAS
- Halit Yanikkaya & Taner Turan, 2017. "Tax Structure and Economic Growth: Do Differences in Income Level and Government Effectiveness Matter?," Working Papers 2017-04, Gebze Technical University, Department of Economics.
- Florian Wöhlbier & Caterina Astarita & Gilles Mourre, 2014. "Consolidation on the revenue side and growth-friendly tax structures: an indicator based approach," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 513, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Milena Mathé & Gaetan Nicodeme & Savino Rua, 2015. "Tax shifts," Taxation Papers 59, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
- International Monetary Fund, 2015. "Finland; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 15/312, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:cuf:journl:y:2017:v:18:i:1:cheng is not listed on IDEAS
- Minniti, Antonio & Venturini, Francesco, 2017. "The long-run growth effects of R&D policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 316-326.
- Santiago Acosta Ormaechea & Jiae Yoo, 2012. "Tax Composition and Growth; A Broad Cross-Country Perspective," IMF Working Papers 12/257, International Monetary Fund.
- Tommaso Oliviero & Agnese Sacchi & Annalisa Scognamiglio & Alberto Zazzaro, 2016. "House Prices and Immovable Property Taxes: Evidence from OECD Countries," CSEF Working Papers 444, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 06 Oct 2016.
- Li, Tingting & Lai, Jennifer T. & Wang, Yong & Zhao, Dingtao, 2016. "Long-run relationship between inequality and growth in post-reform China: New evidence from dynamic panel model," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 238-252.
- Sarah Godar & Christoph Paetz & Achim Truger, 2015.
"The scope for progressive tax reform in the OECD countries. A macroeconomic perspective with a case study for Germany,"
Revue de l'OFCE,
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(5), pages 79-117.
- Sarah Godar & Christoph Paetz & Achim Truger, 2015. "The scope for progressive tax reform in the OECD countries: A macroeconomic perspective with a case study for Germany," IMK Working Paper 150-2015, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Godar, Sarah. & Paetz, Christoph. & Truger, Achim., 2014. "Progressive tax reform in OECD countries : perspectives and obstacles," ILO Working Papers 994855103402676, International Labour Organization.
- Nazila Alinaghi & W. Robert Reed, 2016. "Taxes and Economic Growth in OECD Countries: A Meta-Analysis," Working Papers in Economics 16/37, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Ruud A. de Mooij & Ikuo Saito, 2014. "Japan’s Corporate Income Tax; Facts, Issues and Reform Options," IMF Working Papers 14/138, International Monetary Fund.
- Gilles Mourre, 2013. "Tax Policy Challenges in EU Countries: A Few Lessons from the 2012 Commission Tax Reform Report and the European Semester," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 44(4), pages 489-510.
- Sachverständigenrat zur Begutachtung der Gesamtwirtschaftlichen Entwicklung (ed.), 2015. "Zukunftsfähigkeit in den Mittelpunkt. Jahresgutachten 2015/16," Annual Economic Reports / Jahresgutachten, German Council of Economic Experts / Sachverständigenrat zur Begutachtung der gesamtwirtschaftlichen Entwicklung, volume 127, number 201516.
- repec:liu:liucej:v:14:y:2017:i:2:p:265-301 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mura Petru-Ovidiu, 2015. "Tax Composition And Economic Growth. A Panel-Model Approach For Eastern Europe," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1, pages 89-101, February.
- Clemens Fuest & Andreas Peichl & Daniel Waldenström, 2015. "Pikettyâ€™s r-g Model: Wealth Inequality and Tax Policy," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 16(1), pages 03-10, May.
- Li, Tingting & Wang, Yong & Zhao, Dingtao, 2016. "Environmental Kuznets Curve in China: New evidence from dynamic panel analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 138-147.
- repec:spr:italej:v:3:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s40797-017-0056-0 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsTax structure; Income per capita; Pooled mean group estimator;
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:117:y:2012:i:1:p:379-382. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.