Price versus quantity in a mixed duopoly
We revisit the classic discussion of the endogenous choice of a price or a quantity contract, but in a mixed duopoly. We find that choosing the price contract is a dominant strategy for both firms, whether the goods are substitutes or complements.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Junichiro Ishida & Noriaki Matsushima, 2008.
"Should civil servants be restricted in wage bargaining? A mixed-duopoly approach,"
2008-49, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
- Ishida, Junichiro & Matsushima, Noriaki, 2009. "Should civil servants be restricted in wage bargaining? A mixed-duopoly approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(3-4), pages 634-646, April.
- Junichiro Ishida & Noriaki Matsushima, 2006. "Should civil servants be restricted in wage bargaining? A mixed-duopoly approach," Discussion Papers 2006-07, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
- Nirvikar Singh & Xavier Vives, 1984. "Price and Quantity Competition in a Differentiated Duopoly," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 546-554, Winter.
- Matsumura, Toshihiro, 1998. "Partial privatization in mixed duopoly," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 473-483, December.
- Ghosh, Arghya & Mitra, Manipushpak, 2010. "Comparing Bertrand and Cournot in mixed markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 72-74, November.
- Paul Klemperer & Margaret Meyer, 1986. "Price Competition vs. Quantity Competition: The Role of Uncertainty," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(4), pages 618-638, Winter.
- Tasnadi, Attila, 2006. "Price vs. quantity in oligopoly games," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 541-554, May.
- Tanaka, Yasuhito, 2001. "Profitability of price and quantity strategies in an oligopoly," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 409-418, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:116:y:2012:i:2:p:174-177. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.