Price versus quantity in a mixed duopoly: The case of relative profit maximization
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Noriaki Matsushima, 2012. "Competitiveness And Stability Of Collusive Behavior," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(Supplemen), pages 22-31, December.
- repec:bla:buecrs:v:64:y:2012:i::p:s22-s31 is not listed on IDEAS
- Armen A. Alchian, 1950. "Uncertainty, Evolution, and Economic Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58, pages 211-211.
- Jennifer C. Coats & William S. Neilson, 2005. "Beliefs About Other-Regarding Preferences in a Sequential Public Goods Game," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 43(3), pages 614-622, July.
- Ya‐chin Wang & Leonard F.s. Wang, 2009. "Equivalence Of Competition Mode In A Vertically Differentiated Duopoly With Delegation," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 77(4), pages 577-590, December.
- Paul Klemperer & Margaret Meyer, 1986. "Price Competition vs. Quantity Competition: The Role of Uncertainty," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(4), pages 618-638, Winter.
- Fernando Vega-Redondo, 1997. "The Evolution of Walrasian Behavior," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(2), pages 375-384, March.
- Nirvikar Singh & Xavier Vives, 1984. "Price and Quantity Competition in a Differentiated Duopoly," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 546-554, Winter.
- Matsumura, Toshihiro & Ogawa, Akira, 2012. "Price versus quantity in a mixed duopoly," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 174-177.
- Leonard Wang & Ya-Chin Wang, 2010. "Input Pricing and Market Share Delegation in a Vertically Related Market: Is the Timing Order Relevant?," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 207-221.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yasuhiko Nakamura, 2019. "Combining the Endogenous Choice of the Timing of Setting the Levels of Strategic Contracts and Their Contents in a Managerial Mixed Duopoly," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 235-261, June.
- Amarjyoti Mahanta, 2019. "Endogenous strategic variable in a mixed duopoly," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 128(1), pages 47-65, September.
- Wang, Chia-Chi & Chiou, Jiunn-Rong, 2018. "Optimal privatization policy with Bertrand competition," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 538-546.
- Xu, Lili & Cho, Sumi & Lee, Sang-Ho, 2016. "Emission tax and optimal privatization in Cournot–Bertrand comparison," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 73-82.
- Nguyen, Xuan, 2015. "On the efficiency of private and state-owned enterprises in mixed markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 130-137.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Yasuhiko Nakamura, 2015. "Biased Managers as Strategic Commitment in a Mixed Duopoly with Relative Profit-Maximizers," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 323-336, December.
- Yasuhiko Nakamura, 2015. "Endogenous Choice of Strategic Variables in an Asymmetric Duopoly with Respect to the Demand Functions that Firms Face," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 83(5), pages 546-567, September.
- Satoh, Atsuhiro & Tanaka, Yasuhito, 2015. "Relative profit maximization and the choice of strategic variables in duopoly," MPRA Paper 63000, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gutiérrez-Hita, Carlos & Vicente-Pérez, José, 2018. "On supply function equilibria in a mixed duopoly," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 168(C), pages 6-9.
- Nakamura, Yasuhiko, 2019. "Combining the endogenous choice of the timing of setting incentive parameters and the contents of strategic contracts in a managerial mixed duopoly," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 207-233.
- Carlos, Gutiérrez-Hita & Vicente-Pérez, José, 2018. "On Supply Function Equilibria in a Mixed Duopoly," QM&ET Working Papers 18-1, University of Alicante, D. Quantitative Methods and Economic Theory.
- Tanaka, Yasuhito, 2001. "Evolution to equilibrium in an asymmetric oligopoly with differentiated goods," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(9), pages 1423-1440, November.
- Haraguchi, Junichi & Matsumura, Toshihiro & Yoshida, Shohei, 2018.
"Competitive pressure from neighboring markets and optimal privatization policy,"
Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 1-8.
- Haraguchi, Junichi & Matsumura, Toshihiro & Yoshida, Shohei, 2017. "Competitive Pressure from Neighboring Markets and Optimal Privatization Policy," MPRA Paper 81978, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Scrimitore, Marcella, 2013. "Price or quantity? The strategic choice of subsidized firms in a mixed duopoly," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 118(2), pages 337-341.
- Alessandra Chirco & Caterina Colombo & Marcella Scrimitore, 2014. "Organizational Structure and the Choice of Price versus Quantity in a Mixed Duopoly," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 65(4), pages 521-542, December.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Noriaki Matsushima & Susumu Cato, 2009. "Relative Performance and R&D Competition," ISER Discussion Paper 0752, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Yasuhiko Nakamura, 2017. "Choosing Price or Quantity? The Role of Delegation and Network Externalities in a Mixed Duopoly," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(2), pages 174-200, June.
- Nakamura, Yasuhiko, 2015. "Endogenous choice of strategic incentives in a mixed duopoly with a new managerial delegation contract for the public firm," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 262-277.
- Satoh, Atsuhiro & Tanaka, Yasuhito, 2016.
"Choice of Strategic Variables by Relative Profit Maximizing Firms in Oligopoly,"
Economic Review, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 67(1), pages 17-25, January.
- Satoh, Atsuhiro & Tanaka, Yasuhito, 2016. "Choice of strategic variables by relative profit maximizing firms in oligopoly," MPRA Paper 71053, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luciano Fanti & Nicola Meccheri, 2015. "On the Cournot–Bertrand Profit Differential and the Structure of Unionisation in a Managerial Duopoly," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(4), pages 266-287, December.
- Din, Hong-Ren & Sun, Chia-Hung, 2020. "Welfare improving licensing with endogenous choice of prices versus quantities," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(C).
- Gutiérrez-Hita, Carlos & Vicente-Pérez, José, 2018. "On supply function competition in a mixed oligopoly," MPRA Paper 83792, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bian, Junsong & Lai, Kin Keung & Hua, Zhongsheng & Zhao, Xuan & Zhou, Guanghui, 2018. "Bertrand vs. Cournot competition in distribution channels with upstream collusion," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 204(C), pages 278-289.
- Ryo Hashizume & Tatsuhiko Nariu, 2020. "Price and quantity competition with network externalities: Endogenous choice of strategic variables," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 88(6), pages 847-865, December.
- Tanaka, Yasuhito, 2000. "Stochastically stable states in an oligopoly with differentiated goods: equivalence of price and quantity strategies," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 235-253, October.
More about this item
KeywordsQuantity competition; Price competition; Mixed markets; Differentiated products; Relative profit maximization;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:44:y:2015:i:c:p:37-43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.