On the measurement of a multidimensional concept of structural similarity
We propose a concept of structural similarity, incorporating three dimensions (sectoral weights, inter-sectoral similarity and intra-sectoral similarity), and suggest indicators that include all these dimensions.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Höhenberger, Nicole & Schmiedeberg, Claudia, 2008.
"Structural convergence of European countries,"
Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers
75, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1987. "The Causes and Consequences of the Dependence of Quality on Price," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 1-48, March.
- Nicole Palan, 2010. "Measurement of Specialization – The Choice of Indices," FIW Working Paper series 062, FIW.
- Karen Helene Midelfart-Knarvik & Henry G. Overman & Anthony Venables, 2003.
"Monetary union and the economic geography of Europe,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
582, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Karen-Helene Midelfart & Henry G. Overman & Anthony J. Venables, 2003. "Monetary Union and the Economic Geography of Europe," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(5), pages 847-868, December.
- Nuno Crespo & Maria Paula Fontoura, 2007.
"Integration of CEECs into EU Market: Structural Change and Convergence,"
Journal of Common Market Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45, pages 611-632, 09.
- Maria Paula Fontoura & Nuno Crespo, 2004. "Integration of CEECs into EU Markets: Structural Change and Convergence," Working Papers Department of Economics 2004/15, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Lionel Fontagné & Guillaume Gaulier & Soledad Zignago, 2007.
"Specialisation across Varieties within Products and North-South Competition,"
2007-06, CEPII research center.
- Lionel Fontagné & Guillaume Gaulier & Soledad Zignago, 2008. "Specialization across varieties and North-South competition," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 23, pages 51-91, 01.
- Kaitila, Ville, 2010. "Quality-adjusted similarity of EU-countriesŽ export structure," Discussion Papers 1227, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- FUJITA, Masahisa & THISSE, Jacques-François, .
"New economic geography: An appraisal on the occasion of Paul Krugman's 2008 Nobel Prize in economic sciences,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-2098, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Fujita, Masahisa & Thisse, Jacques-François, 2009. "New Economic Geography: An appraisal on the occasion of Paul Krugman's 2008 Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 109-119, March.
- Wojciech Grabowski & Krzysztof Szczygielski, 2009.
"Are Unit Export Values Correct Measures of the Exports' Quality?,"
CASE Network Studies and Analyses
0393, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Szczygielski, Krzysztof & Grabowski, Wojciech, 2012. "Are unit export values correct measures of the exports’ quality?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1189-1196.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:116:y:2012:i:1:p:115-117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.