December 1997, Volume 57, Issue 3
- 339-343 An analytical approximation of target zone exchange rate functions: the technique of collocation
by Kempa, Bernd & Nelles, Michael & Pierdzioch, Christian
- 345-352 Implied volatility from the term structure: a simple analytical approximation
by Steeley, James M.
- 353-358 Estimated hedonic wage function and value of life in a developing country
by Liu, Jin-Tan & Hammitt, James K. & Liu, Jin-Long
- 359-363 Disincentives for cost-reducing investment
by Thomas, Charles J.
December 1997, Volume 57, Issue 2
- 129-134 Small sample properties of the regression test of the expectations model of the term structure1
by Schotman, Peter C.
- 135-143 An elementary estimator of the partial linear model
by Yatchew, A.
- 145-148 Detecting the number of structural breaks
by Kim, In-Moo
- 149-156 A generalized least squares estimation method for invertible vector moving average models
by Flores de Frutos, Rafael & Serrano, Gregorio R.
- 157-162 The effect of the time-structure of information on the expectational-stability of rational expectations
by Roberts, Mark A.
- 163-168 The Hodrick-Prescott technique: A smoother versus a filter: An application to New Zealand GDP
by Razzak, W.
- 169-175 Reexamination of dynamic efficiency with taxation on land
by Kim, Kyung-Soo & Lee, Jaewoo
- 177-182 A new justification of monopolistic competition
by Guth, Werner & Huck, Steffen
- 183-187 Trends in market power and productivity growth rates in US and Japanese manufacturing
by Ryan, Daniel J.
- 189-195 An explicit solution for dynamic menu costs with zero discounting
by Chalkley, Martin
- 197-201 Multipliers: imperfect competition or increasing returns to scale?
by Fatas, Antonio
- 203-207 Uncertainty and the inflation bias of monetary policy
by Pearce, Douglas K. & Sobue, Motoshi
- 209-212 On public capital analysis with state data
by Ai, Chunrong & Cassou, Steven P.
- 213-218 Nash bargaining with downward rigid wages
by Cabrales, Antonio & Hopenhayn, Hugo
- 219-225 Earnings profile and monitoring under asymmetric information
by Bai, Chong-en
- 227-234 Entry and exit under demand uncertainty
by Vettas, Nikolaos
- 235-240 Taxpayer-consumers and public pricing
by Corneo, Giacomo G.
- 241-244 Markets and famines: a simple test with Indian data
by O Grada, Cormac
November 1997, Volume 57, Issue 1
- 1-4 Life cycle consumption models with uncertainty within periods
by Melenberg, Bertrand
- 5-10 The power of the ADF test
by Lopez, J. Humberto
- 11-16 On the properties of the Dickey-Pantula test against fractional alternatives
by Dolado, Juan J. & Marmol, Francesc
- 17-22 New panel unit root tests of PPP
by Coakley, Jerry & Fuertes, Ana Maria
- 23-32 A simulated likelihood estimator for qualitative response models with sufficient statistics
by Lee, Lung-Fei
- 33-37 Censored probit models do not fail randomly: A Monte Carlo study
by Butler, J. S.
- 39-44 The existence of population inequality measures
by Kleiber, Christian
- 45-50 Some relationships between evolutionary stability criteria in games
by Dufwenberg, Martin
- 51-56 A note on the Markov perfect equilibrium of a linear-quadratic alternating-move game
by Lau, Sau-Him Paul
- 57-62 Optimization and external reference; a comparison of three axiomatic systems
by Gaertner, Wulf & Xu, Yongsheng
- 63-67 Welfare measurement and representative consumer theory
by Smith, V. Kerry & Von Haefen, Roger
- 69-77 The (mis-)specification of production costs in production smoothing models
by Peeters, H. M. M.
- 79-85 Effects of price competition in the credit card industry
by Park, Sangkyun
- 87-96 A note on Bertrand competition with asymmetric fixed costs
by Marquez, Robert
- 97-105 Productivity shocks and employment: evidence from US industrial data
by Malley, Jim & Muscatelli, V. Anton
- 107-111 Input and output substitution in higher education
by King, William D.
- 113-118 On the equivalence of profit and revenue sharing
by Michaelis, Jochen
- 119-125 Union membership and employment dynamics with endogenous union density
by Chang, Juin-jen & Lai, Ching-chong
November 1997, Volume 56, Issue 3
- 253-257 A measure of economic efficiency using returns to scale
by Kalirajan, K. P.
- 259-266 Testing for multicointegration
by Engsted, Tom & Gonzalo, Jesus & Haldrup, Niels
- 267-271 Effects on inference of pretesting the exogeneity of a regressor
by Wong, Ka-fu
- 273-276 A note on the equivalence of long-run and short-run identifying restrictions in cointegrated systems
by Ribba, Antonio
- 277-279 Time-consistent optimal stopping
by Smith, Lones
- 281-286 Randall and Stoll's bound in an inverse demand system
by Park, Hoanjae
- 287-292 Bliss and the permanent income hypothesis
by Laroque, Guy & Lemaire, Isabelle
- 293-298 Welfare effects of discriminatory two-part tariffs constrained by price caps
by Bertoletti, Paolo & Poletti, Clara
- 299-303 Welfare analysis of the coordinating role of a redundant security
by Hara, Chiaki
- 305-309 An impossibility theorem with von Neumann-Morgenstern preferences
by Dhillon, Amrita & Mertens, Jean-Francois
- 311-316 International capital movements and the locomotive effect
by Bruno, C.
- 317-323 Intra-industry wage differences over the business cycle
by Cho, Byung Sun & Shin, Kwanho
- 325-332 How sensitive is short-term Japanese interest rate volatility to the level of the interest rate?
by Hiraki, Takato & Takezawa, Nobuya
- 333-338 Multiple reserve requirements: an irrelevance result
by de Paso, Jose I. Garcia
- 339-343 A Bertrand model of wage competition with capital mobility
by Lorz, Oliver
- 345-350 Tariff endogeneity: Evidence from 19th century Europe
by Thornton, John & Molyneux, Philip
- 351-358 Touched by tragedy: capital market lessons from the crash of ValuJet Flight 592
by Nethercutt, Leonard L. & Pruitt, Stephen W.
- 359-365 A further remark on Shephard's Lemma
by Fuchs-Selinger, Susanne
- 367-370 Measuring real interstate income inequality in the United States
by Black, David C. & Dowd, Michael R.
October 1997, Volume 56, Issue 2
- 129-133 On two stage least squares estimation of the average treatment effect in a random coefficient model
by Wooldridge, Jeffrey M.
- 135-141 On the effect of seasonal adjustment on the log-periodogram regression
by Ooms, Marius & Hassler, Uwe
- 143-147 Time-series based tests of the convergence hypothesis: Some positive results
by Greasley, David & Oxley, Les
- 149-155 Unit root tests on real wage panel data for the G7
by Fleissig, Adrian R. & Strauss, Jack
- 157-162 Optimal bidding in a uniform price auction with multi-unit demand1
by Draaisma, Teun & Noussair, Charles
- 163-169 Equilibria and approximate equilibria in infinite potential games
by Voorneveld, Mark
- 171-175 On existence of undominated pure strategy Nash equilibria in anonymous nonatomic games
by Le Breton, Michel & Weber, Shlomo
- 177-180 Hypothetical versus real payments in Vickrey auctions
by Blumenschein, Karen & Johannesson, Magnus & Blomquist, Glenn C. & Liljas, Bengt & O'Conor, Richard M.
- 181-186 How quasi-rational are you?: A behavioral interpretation of a two form which measures non-integrability of a system of demand equations
by Russell, Thomas
- 187-193 Efficiency of a fixed but allocatable input: A non-parametric approach
by Fare, R. & Grabowski, R. & Grosskopf, S. & Kraft, S.
- 195-200 Bid shading and risk aversion in multi-unit auctions with many bidders
by Nautz, D. & Wolfstetter, E.
- 201-207 Electoral defeats and local political expenditure cycles
by Nuno Baleiras, Rui
- 209-213 On the necessary and sufficient conditions for Nash implementation
by Ziad, Abderrahmane
- 215-221 Efficiency wages, nominal rigidities and the cyclical behavior of real wages and marginal cost
by Kiley, Michael T.
- 223-227 The political economy of endogenous taxation and redistribution
by Dolmas, Jim & Huffman, Gregory W.
- 229-233 Domestic versus International R&D Spillovers
by Brod, Andrew & Shivakumar, Ram
- 235-241 Negative autocorrelation around large jumps in intra-day foreign exchange data
by Ghosh, Dipak
- 243-248 Aggregate job matching and returns to scale in Germany
by Gross, Dominique M.
September 1997, Volume 56, Issue 1
- 1-3 A predictive motivation for loss function specification in parametric hypothesis testing
by Poirier, Dale J.
- 5-11 Modified Wald test for regression disturbances
by Laskar, Mizan R. & King, Maxwell L.
- 13-19 Structural breaks and seasonal integration
by Smith, Jeremy & Otero, Jesus
- 21-26 On the robustness of two alternatives to least squares: A Monte Carlo study
by Phillips, Robert F.
- 27-39 A note on hypothesis testing based on the fully modified vector autoregression
by Yamada, Hiroshi & Toda, Hiro Y.
- 41-44 Interpreting the results of empirical analyses of intertemporal allocation: An identification problem
by Browning, Martin
- 45-49 A simple way to calculate the Gini coefficient, and some implications
by Milanovic, Branko
- 51-57 Can high-inequality developing countries escape absolute poverty?
by Ravallion, Martin
- 59-61 The specification of the probability functions in Tullock's rent-seeking contest
by Kooreman, Peter & Schoonbeek, Lambert
- 63-70 On imputing for financial services in the national accounts
by Hartwick, John M.
- 71-75 A note on the nonneutral taxation of indexed government bonds under alternative indexation schemes
by Zee, H. H.
- 77-83 Can the intertemporal budget constraint explain the Feldstein-Horioka puzzle?
by Jansen, W. Jos
- 85-88 Liquidity and foreign ownership restrictions
by Sie, Ting Lau & McCorry, Michael S. & McInish, Thomas H.
- 89-94 Aggregate demand externalities and labor supply decisions: Worker discouragement and market inefficiency
by Kaplan, E. & Dube, A.
- 95-99 The effect of education on fertility in Taiwan: A time series analysis
by Cheng, Benjamin S. & Nwachukwu, Savior L. S.
- 101-106 Compensation in part-time jobs versus full-time jobs What if the job is the same?
by Lettau, Michael K.
- 107-110 Hotelling and the New York stock exchange
by Yates, Andrew J.
- 111-119 Fixed cost assumptions in industrialisation theories
by Gans, Joshua S.
- 121-127 Can public sector employment spur human capital acquisition?
by Upadhyay, Mukti P.
September 1997, Volume 55, Issue 3
- 305-308 A difficulty with Nash's program: A proof of a special case
by Peleg, Bezalel
- 309-315 The absent-minded centipede
by Dulleck, Uwe & Oechssler, Jorg
- 317-319 A note on the link between income inequality and inflation
by Al-Marhubi, Fahim
- 321-325 Using all bids in parametric estimation of first-price auctions
by Li, Tong & Vuong, Quang
- 327-332 A note on the Boyd-McKenzie theorem
by Sun, Ning & Kusumoto, Sho-Ichiro
- 333-337 Two derivations of the uniform rule and an application to bankruptcy
by Schummer, James & Thomson, William
- 339-346 Strategy-proof division of a private good when preferences are single-dipped
by Klaus, Bettina & Peters, Hans & Storcken, Ton
- 347-353 The short- and long-run comparative statics of uncertainty
by Hennessy, David A.
- 355-360 Willingness to pay, the risk premium and risk aversion
by Eeckhoudt, L. & Godfroid, Ph. & Gollier, C.
- 361-363 Risk tolerance and value of information in the standard portfolio model
by Treich, Nicolas
- 365-369 The link between volatility and growth: Evidence from the States
by Dawson, John W. & Stephenson, E. Frank
- 371-377 The demand for money: Total transactions as the scale variable
by Howells, Peter & Hussein, Khaled
- 379-382 Relative prices and improvement of real factor rewards in several sectors
by Koo Yun, Kwan
- 383-390 Optimal export subsidy when demand is uncertain
by Fujimoto, Hiroaki & Park, Eun-Soo
- 391-395 The influence of traded and nontraded wages on relative prices and real exchange rates
by Strauss, Jack
- 397-402 Can nominal exchange rates be differenced to stationarity?
by Wu, Jyh-Lin & Chen, Show-Lin
- 403-407 Are malpractice insurance premiums a tort signal that influence physician hours worked?
by Thornton, James
- 409-412 Implications of the mobility of skilled labor for local public funding of higher education
by Justman, Moshe & Thisse, Jacques-Francois
- 413-418 Firm growth and ownership in transition countries
by Konings, Jozef
- 419-423 A note on the strategic choice of spatial price discrimination
by Eber, Nicolas
- 425-429 The empirics of economic growth for OECD countries: Some new findings
by Vasudeva Murthy, N. R. & Chien, I. S.
- 431-433 On the existence of a beliefs social equilibrium
by Fernandez de Cordoba, Gonzalo
- 435-440 Testing the inverted-U hypothesis for US hazardous waste: An application of the generalized gamma model
by Berrens, Robert P. & Bohara, Alok K. & Gawande, Kishore & Pingo Wang
August 1997, Volume 55, Issue 2
- 151-160 Consistency of the KPSS unit root test against fractionally integrated alternative
by Lee, Hyung S. & Amsler, Christine
- 161-164 Small sample properties of GARCH(1,1) estimator under non-normality
by Noh, Jaesun
- 165-172 On stationary tests in the presence of structural breaks
by Lee, Junsoo & Huang, Cliff J. & Shin, Yongcheol
- 173-178 Nonparametric analysis of pooled production data
by Bar-Shira, Ziv & Finkelshtain, Israel
- 179-183 A matrix evaluation of the moving-average representation
by Lyhagen, Johan
- 185-189 Normal estimators for cointegrating relationships
by Laroque, Guy & Salanie, Bernard
- 191-201 Approximating compensated income from ordinary demand functions1
by Dumagan, Jesus C. & Mount, Timothy D.
- 203-208 A comment on the Nash program and the theory of implementation
by Serrano, Roberto
- 209-213 Some evidence on strategic quantity reduction in multiple unit auctions
by Tenorio, Rafael
- 215-219 Interpretation of changes in rank-dependent measures of inequality
by Aaberge, Rolf
- 221-225 More on optimal denominations for coins and currency
by Wynne, Mark A.
- 227-234 A brain gain with a brain drain
by Stark, Oded & Helmenstein, Christian & Prskawetz, Alexia
- 235-240 Exports and economic growth: Evidence from 19th Century Europe1
by Thornton, John
- 241-246 Estimating the arbitrage pricing theory with observed macro factors
by Elder, John
- 247-250 Why a government might want to consider foreign currency denominated debt
by Miller, Victoria
- 251-255 Optimal actuarial fairness in pension systems: A note
by Hassler, John & Lindbeck, Assar
- 257-265 Spatial dependence through local yardstick competition:: theory and testing
by Bivand, Roger & Szymanski, Stefan
- 267-271 Teacher salaries and teacher quality
by Figlio, David N.
- 273-277 Returns from computer use: A simple test on the productivity interpretation
by Oosterbeek, Hessel
- 279-283 On the provision of product quality by a labor-managed monopolist
by Lambertini, Luca
- 285-292 Pareto-improving economic reforms through dual-track liberalization
by Lau, Lawrence J. & Qian, Yingyi & Roland, Gerard
- 293-299 Measuring efficiency in the National Basketball Association1
by Hofler, Richard A. & Payne, James E.
August 1997, Volume 55, Issue 1
- 1-8 Misspecified skedastic functions in grouped-data models
by Blackburn, McKinley L.
- 9-18 Will reasoning improve learning?
by Vriend, Nicolaas J.
- 19-25 A duration model with unobserved heterogeneity as a mixture of Dirichlet processes
by Ondrich, Jan & Prasad, Kislaya
- 27-34 Finite sample properties of the ARCH class of models with stochastic volatility
by Deb, Partha
- 35-40 Impulse response functions for periodic integration
by Breitung, Jorg & Franses, Philip Hans
- 41-43 The equivalence of two estimators of the fixed-effects logit model
by Abrevaya, Jason
- 45-51 The decomposition of cost efficiency and the canonical form of cost function and cost share equations
by Balk, Bert M.
- 53-59 A consistent nonparametric test for linearity of AR(p) models
by Fan, Yanqin & Li, Qi
- 61-67 Exchange rate expectations and market shares
by Cabral, Luis M. B. & Mello, Antonio S.
- 69-73 Nash bargaining with the option to wait
by Singh, Nirvikar
- 75-83 Reference point dependence and specification bias
by Hutton, Eric & Whalley, John
- 85-89 Condorcet's paradox under the maximal culture condition
by Gehrlein, William V. & Lepelley, Dominique
- 91-95 Equitable opportunities: an extension
by Herrero, Carmen
- 97-102 On criminals' risk attitudes
by Neilson, William S. & Winter, Harold
- 103-108 Consumption, saving and habit formation
by Alessie, Rob & Lusardi, Annamaria
- 109-114 Optimal monetary policy in the presence of a monetarist transmission mechanism
by Palley, Thomas I.
- 115-120 The Revival of the Expectations Hypothesis of the US Term Structure of Interest Rates
by Hsu, Chiente & Kugler, Peter
- 121-130 Landscape formation in a spatial voting model
by Kollman, Ken & Miller, John H. & Page, Scott E.
- 131-137 Informative advertising, imperfect targeting and welfare
by Hernandez-Garcia, Jose M.
- 139-143 Input contracts, market structure and the empirical specification of price cost margins
by Lukacs, Peter
- 145-150 Measuring product diversity
by Gans, Joshua S. & Hill, Robert J.
July 1997, Volume 54, Issue 3
- 203-208 On the calculation of marginal effects in the bivariate probit model
by Christofides, Louis N. & Stengos, Thanasis & Swidinsky, Robert
- 209-215 Semi-nonparametric estimates of substitution elasticities
by Fleissig, Adrian R. & Kastens, Terry & Terrell, Dek
- 217-220 Unobservables in count data models for on-site samples
by Santos Silva, J. M. C.
- 221-225 A limited dependent variable model under median rationality
by Lee, Myoung-jae
- 227-233 Expo-power: A flexible hazard function for duration data models
by Saha, Atanu & Hilton, Lynette
- 235-239 On the existence of a unique correlated equilibrium in Cournot oligopoly
by Yi, Sang-Seung
- 241-244 Seeking a comprehensive measure of economic well-being: Annuitisation versus capitalisation
by Parker, Simon C. & Siddiq, Fazley K.
- 245-250 Government procurement and asymmetric rebate auctions
by Kim, In-Gyu
- 251-252 Monopoly welfare losses and elasticity
by James, Tim & McHardy, Jolian
- 253-257 Why good economic news depressed stock and bond prices in 1996
by Thorbecke, Willem & Coppock, Lee
- 259-264 An empirical test of the effect of board size on firm efficiency
by Huther, Jeff
- 265-269 Corporate risk management to reduce borrowing costs
by Huberman, Gur
- 271-276 Some evidence on the signalling role of research in academia
by Siow, Aloysius
- 277-282 Has the wage curve nullified the Harris-Todaro model? Further US evidence
by Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S.
- 283-291 Performing large spatial regressions and autoregressions
by Kelley Pace, R.
February 1997, Volume 54, Issue 2
- 103-112 Conditional independence in sample selection models
by Angrist, Joshua D.
- 113-118 Chaos and the compass rose
by Kramer, Walter & Runde, Ralf
- 119-126 Generated regressors in linear and nonlinear models
by Gawande, Kishore
- 127-134 An optimal control solution to the liquidity constraint problem
by Seater, John J.
- 135-137 The timing and division of parental transfers to children
by Dunn, Thomas A. & Phillips, John W.
- 139-142 Consumption and wage taxes when household size matters
by Wigger, Berthold U.
- 143-146 A representation of acyclic preferences
by Rodriguez-Palmero, Carlos
- 147-154 Models a la Lancaster and a la Hotelling: when they are the same
by Peitz, Martin
- 155-158 Cournot equilibrium with convex demand
by Svizzero, Serge
- 159-163 Sequential auctions with synergies: An example
by Branco, Fernando
- 165-167 Resource misallocation and mark-up ratios: an alternative estimation technique for Harberger triangles
by van Dijks, Mathijs A. & van Bergeijk, Peter A. G.
- 169-174 Dividend effects in Israel: a puzzle
by Sarig, Oded & Tolkowsky, Efrat
- 175-178 Collusion under financial constraints: Collusion or predation when the discount factor is near one?
by Kawakami, Toshikazu & Yoshihiro, Yoshida
- 179-184 Mark-up pricing and bilateral monopoly
by Irmen, Andreas
- 185-189 A note on innovation and patent protection: Intertemporal imitation-risk smoothing
by Park, Walter G.
- 191-201 Sequential location when transportation costs are asymmetric
by Nilssen, Tore
January 1997, Volume 54, Issue 1
- 1-6 Cointegration of long span saving and investment
by Coakley, Jerry & Kulasi, Farida
- 7-13 Level shifts, unit roots and misspecification of the breaking date
by Montanes, Antonio
- 15-22 Strategic wage bargaining with destructive power: the role of commitment
by Manzini, Paola
- 23-27 Optimal provision of public goods with altruistic individuals
by Ley, Eduardo
- 29-34 An alternative model of pro-cyclical absenteeism
by Kaivanto, Kim
- 35-40 Recounting winners and losers in the 1980s: A critique of income distribution measurement methodology
by Burkhauser, Richard V. & Crews, Amy D. & Daly, Mary C.
- 41-44 Why are so many goods priced to end in nine? And why this practice hurts the producers
by Basu, Kaushik