Sex and environmental policy in the U.S. House of Representatives
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hummel, Patrick, 2010. "Flip-flopping from primaries to general elections," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(11-12), pages 1020-1027, December.
- Svaleryd, Helena, 2009. "Women's representation and public spending," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, pages 186-198.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:96:y:2002:i:02:p:367-379_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Timothy Besley & Stephen Coate, 1997.
"An Economic Model of Representative Democracy,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, pages 85-114.
- Tim Besley & Stephen Coate, "undated". ""An Economic Model of Representative Democracy''," CARESS Working Papres 95-02, University of Pennsylvania Center for Analytic Research and Economics in the Social Sciences.
- Tim Besley & Stephen Coate, "undated". "An Economic Model of Representative Democracy," Penn CARESS Working Papers ecf70d639d700dba5327ab0c8, Penn Economics Department.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:93:y:1999:i:01:p:33-50_21 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joshua D. Angrist & Jörn-Steffen Pischke, 2009. "Mostly Harmless Econometrics: An Empiricist's Companion," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8769, June.
- David S. Lee & Enrico Moretti & Matthew J. Butler, 2004. "Do Voters Affect or Elect Policies? Evidence from the U. S. House," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 119(3), pages 807-859.
- Anthony Downs, 1957. "An Economic Theory of Political Action in a Democracy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65, pages 135-135.
- Raghabendra Chattopadhyay & Esther Duflo, 2004.
"Women as Policy Makers: Evidence from a Randomized Policy Experiment in India,"
Econometric Society, pages 1409-1443.
- Raghabendra Chattopadhyay & Esther Duflo, 2004. "Women as policy makers: Evidence from a randomized policy experiment in india," Framed Field Experiments 00224, The Field Experiments Website.
- Lee, David S., 2008. "Randomized experiments from non-random selection in U.S. House elections," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 142(2), pages 675-697, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beland, Louis-Philippe & Boucher, Vincent, 2015.
Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 176-181.
- Vincent Boucher & Louis-Philippe Beland, 2015. "Polluting Politics," Cahiers de recherche 1505, Centre de recherche sur les risques, les enjeux économiques, et les politiques publiques.
- Vincent Boucher, 2015. "Polluting Politics," Cahiers de recherche CREATE 2015-6, CREATE.
- Louis-Philippe Beland & Vincent Boucher, 2015. "Polluting Politics," Cahiers de recherche 1513, CIRPEE.
- Astghik Mavisakalyan & Yashar Tarverdi, 2017. "Gender and climate change: Do female parliamentarians make a difference?," Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre Working Paper series WP1704, Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School.
- Salahodjaev, Raufhon & Yuldashev, Oybek & Yusupov, Nurmuhammad, 2016. "Women Parliamentarians and Deforestation Around The World," MPRA Paper 70718, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Niklas Potrafke, 2017. "Government Ideology and Economic Policy-Making in the United States," CESifo Working Paper Series 6444, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
KeywordsGender; Female; Median voter; Congress; Environment; Regression discontinuity;
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:113:y:2011:i:3:p:228-230. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .