Capital regulation, bank competition, and financial stability
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Repullo, Rafael, 2004.
"Capital requirements, market power, and risk-taking in banking,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 156-182, April.
- Rafael Repullo, 2002. "Capital requirements, market power, and risk-taking in banking," Proceedings 809, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Repullo, Rafael, 2003. "Capital Requirements, Market Power and Risk-Taking in Banking," CEPR Discussion Papers 3721, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Keeley, Michael C, 1990. "Deposit Insurance, Risk, and Market Power in Banking," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1183-1200, December.
- John H. Boyd & Gianni De Nicolã, 2005. "The Theory of Bank Risk Taking and Competition Revisited," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(3), pages 1329-1343, June.
- David Martinez-Miera & Rafael Repullo, 2010. "Does Competition Reduce the Risk of Bank Failure?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(10), pages 3638-3664, October.
- Repullo, Rafael & Suarez, Javier, 2004. "Loan pricing under Basel capital requirements," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 496-521, October.
- Allen, Franklin & Gale, Douglas, 2004. "Competition and Financial Stability," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 453-480, June.
- Kevin C. Murdock & Thomas F. Hellmann & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2000. "Liberalization, Moral Hazard in Banking, and Prudential Regulation: Are Capital Requirements Enough?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 147-165, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pierre-Richard Agénor & L. Pereira da Silva, 2016.
"Capital Requirements, Risk Taking and Welfare in a Growing Economy,"
Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series
226, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Pierre-Richard Agénor & Luiz A. Pereira da Silva, 2017. "Capital Requirements, Risk-Taking and Welfare in a Growing Economy," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 8206, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Ahamed, M. Mostak & Mallick, Sushanta, 2017. "Does regulatory forbearance matter for bank stability? Evidence from creditors’ perspective," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 163-180.
- repec:eee:finana:v:53:y:2017:i:c:p:48-65 is not listed on IDEAS
- Beck, T.H.L. & De Jonghe, O.G. & Schepens, G., 2012. "Bank Competition and Stability : Cross-country Heterogeneity (Revised version of CentER DP 2011-080)," Discussion Paper 2012-085, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Tabak, Benjamin M. & Gomes, Guilherme M.R. & da Silva Medeiros, Maurício, 2015.
"The impact of market power at bank level in risk-taking: The Brazilian case,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 154-165.
- Benjamin Miranda Tabak & Guilherme Maia Rodrigues Gomes & Maurício da Silva Medeiros Júnior, 2012. "The Impact of Market Power at Bank Level in Risk-taking: the Brazilian case," Working Papers Series 283, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Beck, Thorsten & De Jonghe, Olivier & Schepens, Glenn, 2013.
"Bank competition and stability: Cross-country heterogeneity,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, pages 218-244.
- T. Beck & O. De Jonghe & G. Schepens, 2011. "Bank competition and stability: cross-country heterogeneity," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 11/732, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Haskamp, Ulrich, 2016. "Spillovers of banking regulation: The effect of the German bank levy on the lending rates of regional banks and their local competitors," Ruhr Economic Papers 664, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Stefan Arping, 2012. "Banking Competition and Soft Budget Constraints: How Market Power can threaten Discipline in Lending," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-146/IV/DSF49, Tinbergen Institute.
- repec:eee:finana:v:54:y:2017:i:c:p:39-53 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hou, Xiaohui & Wang, Qing, 2016. "Institutional quality, banking marketization, and bank stability: Evidence from China," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 539-551.
- Andreas Barth & Christian Seckinger, 2013. "Capital Regulation with Heterogeneous Banks," Working Papers 1310, Gutenberg School of Management and Economics, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, revised 19 Dec 2013.
- Höwer, Daniel, 2013. "Corporate main bank decision," ZEW Discussion Papers 13-018, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Jeon, Jin Q. & Lim, Kwang Kyu, 2013. "Bank competition and financial stability: A comparison of commercial banks and mutual savings banks in Korea," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 253-272.
- Schliephake, Eva, 2014. "When Banks Strategically React to Regulation: Market Concentration as a Moderator for Stability," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100458, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Kogler, Michael, 2015. "Rewarding Prudence: Risk Taking, Pecuniary Externalities and Optimal Bank Regulation," Economics Working Paper Series 1512, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Anginer, Deniz & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Zhu, Min, 2012. "How does bank competition affect systemic stability ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5981, The World Bank.
- Ronald Fischer & Nicolás Inostroza & Felipe J. Ramírez, 2013. "Banking Competition and Economic Stability," Documentos de Trabajo 296, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Stefan Arping, 2014. "Does Competition make Banks more Risk-seeking?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-059/IV, Tinbergen Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsBank competition; Capital regulation; Risk-shifting; Banking stability;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:113:y:2011:i:3:p:256-258. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.