Networks in markets and the propensity of companies to collaborate: An empirical test of three mechanisms
We propose and test hypotheses about three endogenous mechanisms that may be driving the observed network structure of producers’ markets. We use data that we have collected on collaborative network ties among producers. Estimates of Exponential Random Graphs Models (ERGM) support our hypotheses.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Falk, Armin & Fischbacher, Urs, 2001.
"A Theory of Reciprocity,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3014, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Charles F. Manski, 2000.
"Economic Analysis of Social Interactions,"
NBER Working Papers
7580, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Easley,David & Kleinberg,Jon, 2010. "Networks, Crowds, and Markets," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521195331, June.
- Ernst Fehr & Urs Fischbacher, 2004.
"Third-party punishment and social norms,"
- Weisbuch, G. & Kirman, A. & Herreiner, D., 1998.
"Market Organisation and Trading Relationships,"
98a32, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Alan P. Kirman, 1992. "Whom or What Does the Representative Individual Represent?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 117-136, Spring.
- Stanley Wasserman & Philippa Pattison, 1996. "Logit models and logistic regressions for social networks: I. An introduction to Markov graphs andp," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 61(3), pages 401-425, September.
- Hopp, Christian, 2008. "Are firms reluctant to engage in inter-organizational exchange relationships with competitors?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 100(3), pages 348-350, September.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780511771576 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:114:y:2012:i:2:p:216-220. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.