Endogenous growth, monetary shocks and nominal rigidities
We introduce endogenous growth in a standard NK model with staggered prices and wages. We find that the source of nominal rigidities, the shock persistence and the type of Taylor rule affect the relationship between monetary volatility and growth.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Erceg, Christopher J. & Henderson, Dale W. & Levin, Andrew T., 2000.
"Optimal monetary policy with staggered wage and price contracts,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 281-313, October.
- Christopher J. Erceg & Dale W. Henderson & Andrew T. Levin, 1999. "Optimal monetary policy with staggered wage and price contracts," International Finance Discussion Papers 640, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ryo Kato & Takayuki Tsuruga, 2002. "Matlab code for a sticky wage/price model," QM&RBC Codes 114, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Andrew Levin & Christopher J. Erceg & Dale W. Henderson, 1999. "Optimal Monetary Policy with Staggered Wage and Price Contracts," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 1151, Society for Computational Economics.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS program to solve Erceg-Henderson-Levin model," Statistical Software Components RTZ00051, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Romer, Paul M, 1986.
"Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-37, October.
- Blackburn, Keith & Pelloni, Alessandra, 2004. "On the relationship between growth and volatility," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 123-127, April.
- Schmitt-Grohe, Stephanie & Uribe, Martin, 2004.
"Solving dynamic general equilibrium models using a second-order approximation to the policy function,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 755-775, January.
- Stephanie Schmitt-Grohe & Martin Uribe, 2002. "Solving Dynamic General Equilibrium Models Using a Second-Order Approximation to the Policy Function," NBER Technical Working Papers 0282, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schmitt-Grohé, Stephanie & Uribe, Martín, 2001. "Solving Dynamic General Equilibrium Models Using a Second-Order Approximation to the Policy Function," CEPR Discussion Papers 2963, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stephanie Schmitt-Grohe & Martin Uribe, 2001. "Solving Dynamic General Equilibrium Models Using a Second-Order Approximation to the Policy Function," Departmental Working Papers 200106, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Larry E. Jones & Rodolfo E. Manuelli & Henry E. Siu & Ennio Stacchetti, 2005. "Fluctuations in Convex Models of Endogenous Growth I: Growth Effects," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 8(4), pages 780-804, October.
- Jean-Guillaume Sahuc & Frank Smets, 2007.
"Differences in interest rate policy at the ECB and the Fed : an investigation with a medium-scale DSGE model,"
Documents de recherche
07-07, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Jean-Guillaume Sahuc & Frank Smets, 2008. "Differences in Interest Rate Policy at the ECB and the Fed: An Investigation with a Medium-Scale DSGE Model," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 40(2-3), pages 505-521, 03.
- Smets, F. & Sahuc, J-G., 2007. "Differences in Interest Rate Policy at the ECB and the Fed: An Investigation with a Medium-Scale DSGE Model," Working papers 182, Banque de France.
- Ramey, Garey & Ramey, Valerie A, 1995.
"Cross-Country Evidence on the Link between Volatility and Growth,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1138-51, December.
- Garey Ramey & Valerie A. Ramey, 1994. "Cross-Country Evidence on the Link Between Volatility and Growth," NBER Working Papers 4959, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Calvo, Guillermo A., 1983. "Staggered prices in a utility-maximizing framework," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 383-398, September.
- Keith Blackburn & Alessandra Pelloni, 2005.
"Growth, cycles, and stabilization policy,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 57(2), pages 262-282, April.
- K Blackburn & A Pelloni, 2002. "Growth, Cycles and Stabilisation Policy," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0216, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- K Blackburn & A Pelloni, 2002. "Growth, Cycles and Stabilisation Policy," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 12, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Andrea Vaona, 2010.
"Inflation and Growth in the Long Run: A New Keynesian Theory and Further Semiparametric Evidence,"
09/2010, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Vaona, Andrea, 2012. "Inflation And Growth In The Long Run: A New Keynesian Theory And Further Semiparametric Evidence," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(01), pages 94-132, February.
- Barbara Annicchiarico & Luisa Corrado & Alessandra Pelloni, 2008.
"Long-Term Growth and Short-Term Volatility: The Labour Market Nexus,"
CDMA Working Paper Series
200806, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Barbara Annicchiarico & Luisa Corrado & Alessandra Pelloni, 2011. "Long‐Term Growth And Short‐Term Volatility: The Labour Market Nexus," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 79(s1), pages 646-672, 06.
- Annicchiarico, B. & Corrado, L. & Pelloni, A., 2008. "Long-Term Growth and Short-Term Volatility: The Labour Market Nexus," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0823, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Evans, Lynne & Kenc, Turalay, 2003. "Welfare Cost Of Monetary And Fiscal Policy Shocks," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 212-238, April.
- Frank Smets & Raf Wouters, 2003.
"An Estimated Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium Model of the Euro Area,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 1(5), pages 1123-1175, 09.
- Frank Smets & Raf Wouters, 2002. "An estimated dynamic stochastic general equilibrium model of the euro area," Working Paper Research 35, National Bank of Belgium.
- Tom Krebs, 2003. "Growth and Welfare Effects of Business Cycles in Economies with Idiosyncratic Human Capital Risk," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 6(4), pages 846-868, October.
- Dotsey, Michael & Sarte, Pierre Daniel, 2000. "Inflation uncertainty and growth in a cash-in-advance economy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 631-655, June.
- Aghion, Philippe & Angeletos, George-Marios & Banerjee, Abhijit & Manova, Kalina, 2010.
"Volatility and growth: Credit constraints and the composition of investment,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 246-265, April.
- Aghion, Philippe & Angeletos, George-Marios & Banerjee, Abhijit & Manova, Kalina, 2010. "Volatility and growth: Credit constraints and the composition of investment," Scholarly Articles 12490636, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- de Hek, Paul & Roy, Santanu, 2001. "On Sustained Growth under Uncertainty," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 42(3), pages 801-13, August.
- Sandra Steindl & Gunther Tichy, 2009. "Cycles and growth: an introduction," Empirica, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 159-164, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:113:y:2011:i:2:p:103-107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.