Overconfidence on public information
This work sets the market maker as overconfident and shows that this will lead to a higher informed trading intensity, a more efficient market, a larger informed profit and a lower adverse selection.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Glaser, Markus & Weber, Martin, 2003.
"Overconfidence and trading volume,"
03-07, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Markus Glaser & Martin Weber, 1990. "Overconfidence and trading volume," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 32(1), pages 1-36, January.
- Markus Glaser & Martin Weber, 2007. "Overconfidence and trading volume," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance Theory, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 1-36, June.
- Glaser, Markus & Weber, Martin, 2005. "Overconfidence and Trading Volume," SIFR Research Report Series 40, Institute for Financial Research.
- Glaser, Markus & Weber, Martin, 2003. "Overconfidence and Trading Volume," CEPR Discussion Papers 3941, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Glaser, Markus & Weber, Martin, 2003. "Overconfidence and Trading Volume," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 03-07, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-35, November.
- Albert Wang, F., 1998. "Strategic trading, asymmetric information and heterogeneous prior beliefs," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 321-352, September.
- Benos, Alexandros V., 1998. "Aggressiveness and survival of overconfident traders," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 353-383, September.
- Covrig, Vicentiu & Ng, Lilian, 2004. "Volume autocorrelation, information, and investor trading," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 2155-2174, September.
- Luo, Shunlong, 2001. "The impact of public information on insider trading," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 59-68, January.
- Kyle, Albert S & Wang, F Albert, 1997. " Speculation Duopoly with Agreement to Disagree: Can Overconfidence Survive the Market Test?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(5), pages 2073-90, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:112:y:2011:i:3:p:239-242. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.