Overconfidence on public information
This work sets the market maker as overconfident and shows that this will lead to a higher informed trading intensity, a more efficient market, a larger informed profit and a lower adverse selection.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Markus Glaser & Martin Weber, 2007.
"Overconfidence and trading volume,"
The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance Theory,
Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 1-36, June.
- Glaser, Markus & Weber, Martin, 2005. "Overconfidence and Trading Volume," SIFR Research Report Series 40, Institute for Financial Research.
- Glaser, Markus & Weber, Martin, 2003. "Overconfidence and trading volume," Papers 03-07, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Glaser, Markus & Weber, Martin, 2003. "Overconfidence and Trading Volume," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 03-07, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Glaser, Markus & Weber, Martin, 2003. "Overconfidence and Trading Volume," CEPR Discussion Papers 3941, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-35, November.
- Covrig, Vicentiu & Ng, Lilian, 2004. "Volume autocorrelation, information, and investor trading," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 2155-2174, September.
- Benos, Alexandros V., 1998. "Aggressiveness and survival of overconfident traders," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 353-383, September.
- Luo, Shunlong, 2001. "The impact of public information on insider trading," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 59-68, January.
- Kyle, Albert S & Wang, F Albert, 1997. " Speculation Duopoly with Agreement to Disagree: Can Overconfidence Survive the Market Test?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(5), pages 2073-90, December.
- Albert Wang, F., 1998. "Strategic trading, asymmetric information and heterogeneous prior beliefs," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 321-352, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:112:y:2011:i:3:p:239-242. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.