An alternative bivariate zero-inflated negative binomial regression model using a copula
We propose an alternative bivariate zero-inflated negative binomial (BZINB) regression model based on a copula. The empirical result shows that the proposed model performs better than the existing BZINB models in terms of the maximum log-likelihood and the AIC.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wang, Peiming, 2003. "A bivariate zero-inflated negative binomial regression model for count data with excess zeros," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(3), pages 373-378, March.
- Deb, Partha & Trivedi, Pravin K, 1997. "Demand for Medical Care by the Elderly: A Finite Mixture Approach," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(3), pages 313-36, May-June.
- Ian McHale & Phil Scarf, 2007. "Modelling soccer matches using bivariate discrete distributions with general dependence structure," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 61(4), pages 432-445.
- Gurmu, Shiferaw & Elder, John, 2008. "A bivariate zero-inflated count data regression model with unrestricted correlation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 245-248, August.
- Shiferaw Gurmu & John Elder, 2007. "A simple bivariate count data regression model," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(11), pages 1-10.
- A. Colin Cameron & Tong Li & Pravin K. Trivedi & David M. Zimmer, 2004.
"Modeling the Differences in Counted Outcomes using Bivariate Copula Models: with Application to Mismeasured Counts,"
43, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- A. Colin Cameron & Tong Li & Pravin K. Trivedi & David M. Zimmer, 2004. "Modelling the differences in counted outcomes using bivariate copula models with application to mismeasured counts," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 7(2), pages 566-584, December.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2007:i:11:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:113:y:2011:i:2:p:183-185. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.